Review of Skillshare

New York, NY 10010, US
help@skillshare.com

kyt1
8/15/19

Being the organized person I am, I made sure to cancel my subscription before my free trial ended. However, I was shocked to discover that even upon canceling it early on, Skillshare STILL charged my credit card for the yearly membership. I would've understood if I had forgotten to cancel or something along those lines, but it absolutely shocks and disgusts me that they still charged my credit card after I canceled my account. I actually really loved the courses that Skillshare offers, but what they did was unacceptable and I do not think I can happily use their services any longer. I have already deactivated my account while waiting to sort out this mess, hopefully with a Skillshare representative.

dimitrisk18
6/10/19

The title says it all. I paid for three months, then I canceled, and three days later, they charge me. Also, you cannot remove your card information from the site.

badp
5/28/19

I love skillshare! The best place to learn everything I'm interested in. Every free minute I have, I open my saved classes and start to learn. I feel that I'm getting a lot for my money.

davidl1254
5/28/19

Skillshare has taught me skills now that I would have to wait years and years to learn in in the field. Skillshare saved my life. Thank you Skillshare!!

pamelap186
5/28/19

I have been using Skillshare for a little over a year and will continue to subscribe to it. I have recommended the site to several of my friends and family. The classes and teachers have been mostly excellent, but like everything in life, some classes and teachers are better than others--you have to explore

kettyp
5/28/19

I absolutely love skillshare!!! I'm one of those "professional students" lol. I love learning and there's no better place than skillshare! Thank you!

jenniem47
5/28/19

I always recommend Skillshare to everyone. It's an amazing platform to learn anything to do with creativity, self-employment and more. The way the site is set up and the great teachers make it so easy to learn and improve quickly.

jessicas641
5/28/19

Skillshare's delivery model often results in multiple instructors teaching similar skills. This means that I can choose a teaching style, or a skill level, or just a different thing to learn in the same category. There are many, many wonderful teachers and hundreds of interesting courses.

sarahr324
5/28/19

I love skillshare. Not only do they have a wide variety of classes to chose from, the classes are short...to the point and easy to consume. I have learnt a lot in the design field which has been great for my business and creative journey. Would highly recommend to people who want to learn new skills but like their learning in bite-sized pieces rather than long drawn out courses that cost a fortune.

junep50
5/28/19

I am very impressed with Skillshare. The courses and instructors that I have worked with are very good. I would certainly recommend Skillshare.

kristyg31
5/28/19

I love discovering new classes, skills and wonderful new teachers and artist at Skillshare. I feel like it's an additional art degree that you can take at the comfort of your own house. Or even your favorite coffee house.

williamh1101
5/28/19

I personally enjoy the classes I did so far very much. There are so many classes for a reasonable annual fee from very talented and dedicated artists. I would recommend skillshare to anyone who is looking for going further in his art and learning new stuff.

samanthak79
5/28/19

I think Skillshare classes very useful, so far I could find any topic I'm interested in. Teachers are easy to follow, even for whoever doesn't speak fluent English.
Saving classes allows me to keep on following whenever I have time: iPhone/Ipad apps are very helpful.

serena1
5/28/19

A fellow SkillShare teacher recently told me that they live by the phrase "learn, teach, learn, teach..." I love this approach and love that Skillshare offers both sides to learning and teaching.

cynthiah219
5/28/19

In every way I recommend Skillshare; amazing customer service, a seemingly endless variety of excellent classes - I've learned some new skills and honed others - with wonderful teachers, and a world of creativity and education I only wish I could spend more time exploring!

kathyd191
5/28/19

I like the detail of the new review system but it doesn't seem like the whole website experience is reflecting it. While my class is being reviewed, my class thumbnail doesn't reflect any of those reviews leaving an unreviewed perception for other students.

kathleenb390
5/28/19

Skillshare is fantastic and essential. I love it! My overall experience has been great. I am a graphic design teacher and student of many things. I love being and doing both. There's so much great content to access from great teachers. Plus, the customer service is kind, quick, and helpful.

sarahb663
5/28/19

I have enjoyed my subscription and have referred many others to one. I have been going through a crazy time right now and still watch for classes but have not been able to complete one for several months. It is a tremendous value for the price and I don't feel like I'm wasting money when I cannot do anything for half a year.

cathleensmiths
5/28/19

Skillshare had opened up my mind and the possibilities to learn and accomplish my dreams, thank you. The best benefit is that it's a suite of courses available to you from the day you sign up so there's no need to pay for individual courses as on other platforms.

lisaac
5/28/19

I have some medical issues, and, this is the best thing. I can be productive when I'm not feeling well.

raymonds175
5/28/19

For me, Skillshare has become one of the best places online to learn new things and practical techniques to apply in my design process.

williamw547
5/28/19

I have found Skillshare to be an amazing resource. I am an art and design teacher also and I think teachers can be quite critical on their expectations of quality teaching. I cannot fault Skillshare and their teachers. I recommend all my friends and contacts who are looking for courses on various art techniques to check Skillshare out.

weaverj
5/28/19

Skillshare is an awesome online learning community and it's one of my favorite places on the internet. I've had wonderful experiences with the staff. And I love the platform, the passionate teachers, and the eager community of learners! I've learned so many useful skills from the classes and have found a community of people who share the same interests as me. Learning is fun with Skillshare.

nathans200
5/28/19

I have learnt so much over the last few years through the Skillshare classes. I have learnt how to create surface pattern design digitally, learned how to use Adobe illustrator and Photoshop software. Also I've also rediscovered painting medium of watercolour and gouache. It's a wonderful place to access creative learning whatever your skill level.

markr800
5/28/19

I love Skillshare. There are so many different courses to take, and the vast majority of teachers are entertaining and informative. I think it's good value for money.

Hey Sarah, Jon, Violet, and TayMar! We're so sorry to hear you had an unpleasant experience with our support. Our team is always happy to sort out any payment or billing related issue via our support email help@skillshare.com We did receive support emails from some of you and were able to resolve these issues. If your issue hasn't been resolved, certainly reach out and we can help right away. :)

By Brooke Y., Skillshare Representative

Hey Mira, So sorry for the issues with your cancellation. Happy to help resolve this! You can reach out to us at help@skillshare.com. Feel free to put Site Jabber Refund as the subject, so we know to handle it immediately. Thanks for reaching out! Best, Mary

By Brooke Y., Skillshare Representative

Hey Melody, we don't offer certificates after completing classes on our site. However, we recently updated our profile creator, so you have much more flexibility in displaying your skills and completed projects on the website!

By Brooke Y., Skillshare Representative

Hey Rizwan! Happy to hear you're interested in teaching. Head to skillshare.com/teach to get started. :)

By Brooke Y., Skillshare Representative

Questions? Get answers from the Skillshare staff and other customers.

8 Photos for Skillshare