Review of Skillshare

New York, NY 10010, US
help@skillshare.com

paulod7
4/19/19

Really, just shallow courses. Stay away of this crappy site. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

hanned1
4/19/19

I noticed around the end of last year that I had been charged by Skillshare for a membership. I messaged them explaining that I do not have such an account and cant access the website. The man i spoke to confirmed that I do not have an account and I should not be charged any longer.
I just checked my account again and I am STILL BEING CHARGED. I sent an email explaining the issue ONCE AGAIN, and have not heard back from them.

This company has a POOR costumer service, low grade employees and has no respect for their costumers (Im not even there by choice).

DO NOT sign up for this terrible website.

meas
4/13/19

When I signed up for the free membership I was of course trying it out with the 2 months, I signed up and received a date that I would be charged on, great, planning money whoo. I have been billed 6 days early, and it is taken my account down to near empty because they charged me early. They do not have a customer service number, just an email refund request that can take up to 3 business days to just contact me, so I am stuck in the $#*!ter for several days because they charged me early. I am fully canceling, I didn't hate their product, just the billing factor, I actually enjoyed the website but will no longer be willing to use it because of this MAJOR issue.

cliffordw41
4/10/19

SkillShare also offers organizational subscriptions - so it's easy to get access to
its libraries if several employees recommend this to their employer.

paulineb64
4/10/19

Best in class product. Must utilize it if you want to learn and enhance your technical skills.I am using my knowledge in SQL to handle lot of situations that I was not able to before. SkillShare is best.

odessah5
4/10/19

I was looking for quality information on building responsive websites so I decided to give Skillshare a try. They delivered everything that they promised and everything that I expected. Straight to the point content and quizzes and code challenges made my learning very effective. I thoroughly enjoyed the process.

ericm441
4/10/19

Skillshare is heading in right direction and has lot of content, which we is available unlimited times. I would highly recommend this software and you should enroll yourself in it in order to fulfill your personal goals. Its most useful application is technology wise and for tech savvy guys. For social media and other than technology courses, it is not best and you won't get appropriate content on Skillshare.

bettyc181
4/10/19

Skillshare is both a tool used by myself and colleagues to expand knowledge for new and familiar technical concepts alike. Additionally, it is also a way to provide training to new hires. In the field of information technology, new advances happen almost every day, and as professionals, we are expected to be consistently ahead of the curve in support of the needs of our customers.Skillshare gives us a central location to receive training on technologies we need to be familiar with in order to effectively serve our clients or business.

larryb396
4/10/19

Skillshare's best demographic is already-seasoned technology for professionals who are looking to improve their skills and train themselves to move up in job titles. There are competitors that are better suited for absolute beginners. While the content is excellent and presented in a manner significantly less boring than reading the documentation, it's still up to the user to ensure they comprehend the information.

damianw24
4/10/19

From the experience of usage by my team and me, it's highly suited for my team,and I'll be glad to recommend to my colleagues and my friends.

josephinem42
4/10/19

Skillshare is best suited when you want to have all the theoretical knowledge of a course in detail and it will give an opportunity to learn in detail. Sometimes for me, it's difficult to understand someone's accent.

donaldg136
4/10/19

It is used across my whole organization to improve their knowledge in any subject related to IT and when required to use it for business purposes. I personally did some front end stuff to improve and learn concepts. It gives you deep knowledge which gives you the capability to know language deeply and do stuff quicker.

johnm2870
4/10/19

Skillshare is being used to provide opportunities to our engineers to explore new skills, enhance existing skills, or fulfill skills gaps. Skillshare provides a wide range of courses that can be viewed online or on mobile. We find that the selfdirected pace of Skillshare fulfills the needs of most of our engineers, eliminating much of the need for traditional training.

jacquelinef64
4/10/19

You don't have to jump in at the beginner level if you already have foundational knowledge of a certain subject, and Skillshare makes it easy to start at a level that makes sense for you without having to waste time with content you already know. On the other hand, content is offered for beginners of any subject as well,so it's very adaptable to each situation. Continuing education and training is never a bad thing, so I don't really think there are situations where it's not appropriate to use.

stevec606
4/10/19

Skillshare is being used to allow our technical staff to explore new skills and build on existing skills. While the whole organization has access, software engineers and data team members primarily use it. We want to give our staff the tools to continue their education and training, but with budget and time constraints, more formal education offerings just aren't possible at this time.Skillshare has been a good alternative.

michaelt666
4/10/19

I think it is for a very Noble cause. Spreading Knowledge & Education. People who cannot afford to spend lot of money and join Universities. Skillshare is the Hope. Love the Idea!!!!!

joycej70
4/10/19

Incredibly helpful for people who has conditions that prevent them from studying at formal
university, it is also brilliant for college students who want to study about aspects that they are interested in. keep the brilliant job.

richardl601
4/10/19

A great project, took part in business administration and computer science. The courses are very well built and sophisticated, but not too heavy and also the discussion boards help very much. The future of learning and if soon also graduations like bachelor etc. are made possible.

ghislainer
4/10/19

I have just enrolled today, I am sure it offers an excellent tutorial courses.Majorities are strongly advised to enroll with Skillshare!!!

jerryb279
4/10/19

I Think Skillshare is simply an astonishing Technological invention! It's a great and cost effective way to promote global equity and social justice through the enhancement of knowledge.

joyp57
4/10/19

The courses are easy to complete. I like that I can get my assignments done in less than a week, and fulfill my enrichment needs.

allisonm133
4/10/19

It makes learning easy and interesting.I request that you provide translated versions of those courses, which are not in English. This can help those who don't understand Germany to take the courses online.

jasons674
4/10/19

Education has cross barriers, now borders within Skillshare and now our future is in a clearer path, I can do anything.

donaldd179
4/10/19

I really appreciate what you guys are doing! You have a lot of great courses and the idea behind it is cool! I had no major problems using the platform: I am using Skillshare already for 2 years now, and I've noticed only at one or two days some problems. And usually the support team reacts really fast and is very helpful.

jamest607
4/10/19

Top-notch study material, good presentation and avid experience of the authors in the subject of interest make it a wonderful experience to take up the courses.

Hey Sarah, Jon, Violet, and TayMar! We're so sorry to hear you had an unpleasant experience with our support. Our team is always happy to sort out any payment or billing related issue via our support email help@skillshare.com We did receive support emails from some of you and were able to resolve these issues. If your issue hasn't been resolved, certainly reach out and we can help right away. :)

By Brooke Y., Skillshare Representative

Hey Mira, So sorry for the issues with your cancellation. Happy to help resolve this! You can reach out to us at help@skillshare.com. Feel free to put Site Jabber Refund as the subject, so we know to handle it immediately. Thanks for reaching out! Best, Mary

By Brooke Y., Skillshare Representative

Hey Melody, we don't offer certificates after completing classes on our site. However, we recently updated our profile creator, so you have much more flexibility in displaying your skills and completed projects on the website!

By Brooke Y., Skillshare Representative

Hey Rizwan! Happy to hear you're interested in teaching. Head to skillshare.com/teach to get started. :)

By Brooke Y., Skillshare Representative

Questions? Get answers from the Skillshare staff and other customers.

7 Photos for Skillshare