Review of Skillshare

New York, NY 10010, US
help@skillshare.com

huyentranp
2/14/19

(Sorry if the grammar is bad , english isn't my first language)
I've cancel my membership and tried to change the expire date but it won't let me . Please , i won't ask for any refund , i just wanted skillshare to stop taking the money from my credit card , i'm not a rich person and skillshare taking my money is just making me very sad , i'm only a teenager and skillshare taking money from my dad's credit card is making my family go down hill so please just stop.

It would be great if skillshare would refund the money it takes from my family when i cancel the membership

anels1
2/13/19

I joined skillshare premium and it has been so useful! However a few days ago I got billed $99 over 4 times in one day essentially cleaning my bank account out and my bank thinking it was fraud(Which essentially it was) closed my account due to suspicious activity. I mailed skillshare explaining my situation and a woman mailed me back and i quote "Thanks for reaching out! As requested, I've gone ahead and made sure your membership "

1 i didnt ask to cancel my account
2 you still owe me my money

I messaged them asking them what they would need from me to do a refund on the excess amount and have heard nothing back from them...

jamesz66
2/10/19

Out of the blue, just saw two monthly payments (Jan and Feb 2019) on my credit card account from Skillshare. This was linked to a card that was cancelled 6 months prior and on an email address that my university closed in January 2017.

At absolutley no point did I subscribe to this membership. I have just had to chargeback through my credit card provider. This must be a scam that they pull in the hope that people do not notice.

AVOID

oyinkansolaa
2/5/19

Just as may others in this group, skillshare also scammed me by taking out a membership fee after I had cancelled my free trial and hasn't given me a refund back.

aliceh147
2/4/19

I was charged the monthly fee even though I was unsubscribed from the service. Skillshare are sneaky thieves, do not trust them.

Tip for consumers: Check your bank statements and purchase history. You might be getting ripped off.

peterf228
2/4/19

Loads of courses in almost every area thinkable. From Indesign to Sales, Powerpoint to android programming. Drawing, languages. Name it and it is there.

This is better than your Netflix subscription and you learn something too.

Tip for consumers: Amaze yourself what you can learn.

jacintaa2
1/29/19

They have an awesome selection of courses and the quality of the material from the instructors are top notch. I took the free trial and decided to keep up the membership with such an affordable price. Recommended.

audreyh63
1/29/19

I love this service. It is very convenient as I am able to watch video lessons on my free time and learn skills that are new to me. I recommend this for sure.

adeneyed
1/26/19

I sign up to skillshare through a friend referer last year Nov, Since then i have never use skillshare but unknowingly to me, my account was debited with a sum of $99.0 today without any warning or email. This another form of scamming from the learning portal. I need my money to be refund back to me. Their method of payment is not prorperly integrated with customer consent of payment integration

shunpeik
1/23/19

Like many others, I only signed up for the free trial. And then out of nowhere, without a warning, they charged me $99 for an annual membership instead of blocking off contents like most other services out there. To put a cherry on top, there is no option to disable auto payment unless you fully cancel the payed membership that gives you access to the contents you paid for (which I'm guessing they're hoping us to keep and most likely, forget about the next unforeseen backstab). This is literally one of the scummiest business practices I've ever witnessed. Money well spent..

felicias58
1/18/19

I was not satisfied with the app. They charged me $99 without notice amd now I am having the hardest time getting a refund. PLEASE HELP ME. I need that momey back.

cessp
1/14/19

Skillshare is good but the way that they collect payment was not good for me. I was charged last night without me getting warned. I already sent a refund request but they didnt answer. Please kindly process my request. I really need the money.

sylvias96
1/2/19

I discovered Skillshare a couple of years ago, bumping into a 3 months free offer - understanding fully that after that period it would change over into an annual subscription as the terms were conveniently linked on the signup form.

My main reason to try out Skillshare was to find more casual oriented courses, doing craftsy and artsy things - as a balance to some of the more expensive course platforms that I use for professional growth (being an IT professional) that charge either course based (a fee per course) or have a much higher monthly fee.

I have renewed my Skillshare membership twice, as I absolutely love the platform. I agree that the classes can be a bit of a mixed bag, but there are absolute gems in my area of interest and I took on sketching, drawing and writing classes. The sketchbook challenges opened a bag of creativity and were so motivational that it kicked me into a daily habit. I also had a class that was absolutely horrific in quality and quantity. It is great that you can leave reviews and feedback per class, and after this particular one I was contacted by Skillshare and got extra time added to my subscription as they could act on the provided information and pull the course from their offerings. A community is only as good as its members.

Anyways - if you like to learn by doing at a reasonable annual fee - then Skillshare is definitely something I can recommend, especially for the more creative courses. Just if you sign up for a trial and it is not for you.. then read the terms again and CANCEL your membership before your trial runs out. Not that hard.

Tip for consumers: Before you start any class, look at the reviews and at the project work others have provided. It is an immediate indicator for the popularity and quality of the course. I think the platform is mostly suited to develop 'soft' skills and creative (artistic) skills.

zynunk
12/29/18

To anyone who were ranting about the annual charge, It's your own $#*!ing fault that you can't remember their billing dates.It's your own responsibility that you should remember it! Even Netflix won't tell you that they will be charging you for the following months!

As for the actual product review, I found many nice classes and teachers that I couldn't find elsewhere with a reasonable price. The interfaces are easy to navigate. I think I will be here for a long time.

alexd244
12/23/18

I'm sure the content is good, unfortunately I had a death in the family and forgot about my free trial. I did not receive any email telling me they would be charging me for an ANNUAL membership - a truly horrible tactic you would not expect from a company whose 'ethos' is apparently dedicated towards learning. I have messaged for a full refund but looking at some of the other reviews this does not look hopeful. If I do not receive this I will make sure I put the time in to warn others of this companies abhorrent tactics as often as I can.

martino41
12/22/18

I have been really enjoying content that this website offered to me for free in last three months. But it was really terrible morning today, when, without any noticing that free trial is in the end, skillshare charged me 96. This is how pro-customer service would look like in your opinion? I am a student and I really cannot afford it now. A lot of my friends started to use this service by my advice, i was decided to buy premium account in the future, when i would have some income, but now i am feeling like trapped in some kind of bad dream, instead of enjoying great opportunities that this website could offer me. Be careful of billing date, becuase it feels like a scam on customer, instead of a great space for "skillsharing".

carlosh63
12/20/18

This is an amazing school. Had the best education and experience of my life. Going for a second Masters. Only "you" can make a difference to what is important to "you". The instructors are the most caring and accomplished professionals I have ever met.

carlinp
12/17/18

Very happy I found Skillshare! I'll be a long term customer as long as their class quality stays where it is!

Response from Rebecca Y., Skillshare Representative
Hi Carlin — Thanks for leaving this review! We're happy you found Skillshare too, and it's great to hear you've enjoyed so many classes. Happy learning!
crystinal
12/16/18

I was very sketchy and never heard SkillShare. I checked sites and very surprised that this business has no BUSINESS LINE THAT YOU CAN SPEAK TO SOMEONE AT ALL TIMES and more importantly LOSING CUSTOMERS. WE ARE #1 THE BREAD AND BUTTER TO ANY BUSINESS ALWAYS. Honestly understand about us customers we forget about our trial and we charged understand, but we have to remind ourselves at all times if not the business. What bedazzled the situation is when you keeping reading the 1-2 stars in multiple sites there are ALOT OF CONSUMERS requested multiple emails and no response. CONSUMERS started the 2 or 3 month trials and couple or a few days they are charged and it will be sent in email or spam. I enjoy UDEMY but have to pay for each course had a reasonable price and knowing that if I do not like the course there is a TRUST GUARANTEED WILL GET MY MONEY BACK WITHOUT EXTRA SURPRISING CHARGES!!! I will stick with Udemy at least I will save money. Thanks Guys for saving other future CONSUMERS! I AM SO SORRY THAT YOU GUYS WENT THROUGH THIS!

eduardot19
12/15/18

Had to design a logo and signed up for Skillshare to go through some of their classes. Learned what I needed to know in the free trial period! Great classes!

Response from Rebecca Y., Skillshare Representative
Hi Eduardo — Thank you for your review! It's great to hear you were able to learn what you needed so quickly. Thanks for using Skillshare!
jeniferd12
12/13/18

Other online sellers of courses (cough udemy) make you buy access to each course, but with Skillshare you get access to everything they have!

Response from Rebecca Y., Skillshare Representative
Hi Jenifer — Thanks for leaving this review! So glad to hear you've enjoyed learning on Skillshare.
maurak3
12/12/18

I'd give 0 stars if I could. I've reached out multiple times requesting a refund for the random $99 I was charged without warning and without being given a timeframe of when the trial would be ending. The fact I'm out$100 AND no one has responded to my emails to try to help out at all is even more upsetting.

Response from Rebecca Y., Skillshare Representative
Hi Maura — I hope you heard back from our Support Team by now! They should be able to help you with this. If not, please send us a private message with your email address and we'll make sure someone reaches out ASAP.
angusl18
12/10/18

I've been very happy with Skillshare's classes! If you want to learn quickly and effectively, rely on Skillshare. You get what you pay for.

Response from Rebecca Y., Skillshare Representative
Hi Angus — Thanks for leaving this review! We're so glad to hear Skillshare has been so effective for you.
ancellc
12/10/18

Many free YouTube tutorials for the same material! But I came to love Skillshare's interface and ability to explore new classes that other students have enjoyed. Their classes on Lightroom have been immensely useful in learning how to manage my collection of photographs!

Response from Rebecca Y., Skillshare Representative
Hi Ancell — Thanks for this review! It's great to hear you've enjoyed exploring classes on Skillshare.
soohiav
12/9/18

they dont care about your privacy
they will use every email they can scrape from the web and spam you with $#*!ing pay your 96$ subscription even though you're not a customer
they dont give a $#*! if you dont like email you receive because they will send it more! Megan Burt is pretty consistent about it
Scam that likes to spam your inbox in any way possible

Response from Rebecca Y., Skillshare Representative
Hi Soohia — Sorry to hear about this! If you're having trouble unsubscribing from emails, please reach out to our Support Team at help@skillshare.com. They should be able to help you out!

Hey Sarah, Jon, Violet, and TayMar! We're so sorry to hear you had an unpleasant experience with our support. Our team is always happy to sort out any payment or billing related issue via our support email help@skillshare.com We did receive support emails from some of you and were able to resolve these issues. If your issue hasn't been resolved, certainly reach out and we can help right away. :)

By Brooke Y., Skillshare Representative

Hey Mira, So sorry for the issues with your cancellation. Happy to help resolve this! You can reach out to us at help@skillshare.com. Feel free to put Site Jabber Refund as the subject, so we know to handle it immediately. Thanks for reaching out! Best, Mary

By Brooke Y., Skillshare Representative

Hey Melody, we don't offer certificates after completing classes on our site. However, we recently updated our profile creator, so you have much more flexibility in displaying your skills and completed projects on the website!

By Brooke Y., Skillshare Representative

Hey Rizwan! Happy to hear you're interested in teaching. Head to skillshare.com/teach to get started. :)

By Brooke Y., Skillshare Representative

Questions? Get answers from the Skillshare staff and other customers.

4 Photos for Skillshare