Review of Grammarly

Tel: +1-916-445-1254
support@grammarly.com

susans928
3/11/19

I bought it for a month to try but it ended up automatic pay without my notice!!!!!!!

Useless, not really help!!!!!!!!

Never answer their phones!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stupid App and website.

thomasf255
3/8/19

I've had such a bad experience. Let me write freely without having to worry about error, please! Stay away from me and let Microsoft Word their work! I'm not going to pay jack-squat for your dumb upgrade!

bobj229
3/6/19

this is the worst program ive downloaded since MacKeeper. Dont waste your time..
its spam its spam its spam its spam

michaelab23
3/6/19

I was led to believe that I would be payed $15 per month payed annually for a business account which could supply 3-100 users! So i should have been charged $180.

I WAS CHARGED $900 AND I AM ABSOLUTELY IN TEARS!!!

I'm not a business owner i got this for my siblings and I to use for our uni assignments. I don't have this kind of money!!!

Throughout the whole advertisement process i was led through i was told I would be charged a rate of $15 per month for a service that could supply 3-100 people with the service. However they failed to mention until the last page, which i didn't see at the time because it's nearly impossible to notice (especially after being told another different information for so long), that the service is charged PER PERSON and has a minimum of 3 people.

So the $15 figure is a complete lie, you can't even choose to pay the $15 per month because the minimum persons is 3. That makes it $45 per month ($540 per year AND IT IS BILLED ANUALLY) IT'S AN OUTRIGHT $#*!ING LIE

On top of this there is no way to get in contact with the company directly. No phone number or email displayed just a section on their website where you can "contact support", however it doesn't disclose how long it will take for them to get back to you. I found a number on a website called customercarecontact that listed a phone number for them, however it's an American number that charges international rates when calling from overseas (I'm from australia)

I'm absolutely disgusted with this company and their abuse of trust.

Tip for consumers: Dont.

rockyv7
3/4/19

Worst ever, constant bugging pop ups, do not install any version, one of these pop ups carried a damn virus, needed a tech to clean BEWARE I MEAN IT

calvinw37
3/1/19

Half of the hints it gives are grammatically incorrect. If you want to use it, you had better know spelling and grammar and don't trust the suggestions. It's one of the worst tools I've ever used.

oliviad50
2/28/19

it doesn't even work half the time and I just noticed they've been taking $30 out of my account every month for a business membership when I only wanted Premium. AVOID!!

lejlam1
2/26/19

Here are the mistakes I still had:

For example, the following errors are noted: missing article, tense inconsistency, missing/misplaced commas, sentences with missing word, and run-on sentence (comma splice).

NO REFUNDS either! I cannot believe that it could have been this horrid.

tessap13
Tessa P.
2/23/19

I need to get a refund for the grammarly subscription. I feel sick and I'm crying I need that money back to pay my bills. I expected to pay $11.99 instead you have taken nearly $200 from my account and now I can't afford to pay my bills or my food! This is misleading and I am not happy. I am going to delete my account :( I am so upset with Grammarly. this is so misleading and horrible for you to take my money so quickly without my consent. Please give me a refund!

dennism414
2/15/19

I tried a discounted membership and found I was charged for a full membership with no warning whatsoever. It's in the fine print; once you join you are screwed. I found that the paid product is not much better than the free, and is not as convenient as the free (you have to log in every time). I regret subscribing. It's a rip off.

johnj780
2/8/19

It's easier (and free) to just use google. I'm sick of seeing "Grammarly" advertised on every f***ing youtube video I watch. The name itself is bad grammar and it's just f***ing annoying. The adverts are f***ing annoying and the actors in the adverts are annoying c***s. It is a pointless product and anyone that spends money on it has been brainwashed. The same applies to Monday.com but I can't be f***ed to post another review for that.

blakeb59
2/7/19

I have been using the free version of Grammarly for some time. Today I have an essay due for my english comp class. Grammarly has declined all of my attempts to join as a premium paying member. I did check with my bank and credit card company, there is no issue on my end. Grammarly has frustrated me to no end today. I believe the issue is on their end and is most likely related to order processing bugs. I do not see a way to call them directly regarding this issue. I have left several emails for them and have been given claim numbers. Grammarly has not contacted me to resolve the concern and is obviously is not interested in my business.Hindsight is 20/20 and I should not have procrastinated until the day my paper is due to experience these issues. It's Still frustrating. I will be looking elsewhere for proofreading assistance.

sn60
1/31/19

When I joined Grammarly, I believed that I get to chose when to use Gramarly. Instead, it is showing up in my personal emails, Google docs....everything! This is an invasion of my privacy and is disconcerning that they are able to access all of these accounts. Then to make matters worse, forget about trying to get in contact with anyone with the company. It's always, "via the Internet...forget about speaking with a human being. I am now concerned and a bit worried about the fact they have access to my email and other personal information.

toddh138
1/26/19

Shouldn't you already know how to spell and put a sentence together properly? What kind of moron buys something that should already be in his head naturally? LOL Fools.

chanels8
1/18/19

They provide misleading information on how much you will be paying. I thought I was paying monthly they charged me for the full year.

christophera118
1/18/19

Free version corrects absolutely nothing that matters in your writing. And proceeds to hide the important matters behind an outrageous paywall. If you are dissatisfied with the service they refuse to do refunds. Even if you unsubscribe before your first month is up, unlike Adobe.

ianm266
1/10/19

HUGEEEEE pay wall. I mean huge. The free version corrected ABSOLUTELY NOTHING, and, from what other people are saying, the paid version is also a rip-off. Would not recommend; actually, I would recommend something: run away screaming and wipe your computer (if u paid for it). If u didn't, delete it and think about your past choices.

justinl182
1/6/19

Tried one time off quarterly service, and it renewed for the next quarter by itself without providing any notice in advance . I attempted to contact the customer to solve it and there is even no contact number on their website. Don't try it!

alinai5
1/6/19

I installed Grammarly on my iPad after seeing the ad on YouTube, but then it took me to a permissions area under the Settings and wanted FULL ACCESS TO EVERYTHING. It won't work without the full access.

I'm an author and I really don't want anybody having access to novels that are yet to be released, nor the outlines for other novels. They're something that I don't want stolen or distributed about the internet before they're published.

The permissions for Grammarly say that they want full access to anything you write, or have already written. Basically, everything you type on your device goes to them. That's on the free version and is quite frankly a very scary prospect. I instantly uninstalled it.

Although they say they won't take credit card details, reviews deny that claim and I can't see how they'd be able to take one lot of your data and not all of it. Really think before installing this program and just how much of your private life they're taking through the data on your device.

larryh280
1/5/19

Never worked not even once. Couldn't get help or money back. Citi Bank Credit Card won't give me money back so I'll start using a different card.

blainef14
12/27/18

Use the free version if you must, but don't EVER give them your card or account info!!! EVER. Their whole business model is just to charge and charge and charge. You think you unsubscribed - WRONG! You can never unsubscribe. They just keep charging you.

They put the "screw" in un - screw - pulouls.

wowd
12/18/18

i mean, seriously? seriously? another damn 1 minute ad? i get its space would be filled with something else were it not for you, but i would rather watch 10 minutes of just paint drying than hear another one of your probably underpaid actors talk about how good and free it is. apparently it's not!! even!! free!! and the service that you get without paying is a simple spellcheck which you can literally use your autocorrect keyboard or instant messaging services for. i also hear that you went down the classic road of charging people for the service after they'd agreed to pay for a month. real classy. every precious minute you rob me of from now on will result in another bad review on another site. maybe i'll start a blog! maybe i'll run a facebook hate group! whichever site gets me on the main page first, so you go bankrupt and i don't have to hear any of it again

ariw6
12/17/18

I downloaded grammarly to help fix and check my essays. But after using it I found out that it can only fix grammar and spelling for free, which I am already pretty good at. Usually the only mistakes I get are accidental double spaces and noticable typoes.

kathrync103
12/11/18

This would be a five star review if not for the cheap and unprofessional practice of "auto-renew." I knew I had auto-renew. I naively thought that Grammarly would act like most successful companies. I did not expect it to act like a cheap magazine subscription and not bother to send me a reminder. Grammarly has kindly taken the time to send me an email once a week on my Grammarly stats. Then, when Grammarly decides to deduct a large amount of money out of my account, no notice at all. Surprise! This is beyond unprofessional. It's a struggling-business move and Grammarly has a good product and it should be better than this. I'm disgusted and disappointed.

magdalenad5
12/7/18

we aware when you buy a one year subcription there is embedded an auto renewal
When I got the notification from my credit card and charge may be in process, I canceled the subcription right away but grammaly charged it anyways
I had been trying to get the issue resolve and get my money back but nothing so far

1 rating was submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Grammarly is a scam.

By Steph J.

I agree with everyone else. I have been using grammarly for almost 2 years and I never had a problem with viruses or anything. It is a good product and well worth the investment.

By Rose B.

You can go to school.

By Karina P.

There is a limit, but I find that only a minor inconvenience. If the document goes over the size limit, just cut and paste the document by halves or thirds and run Grammarly checks on each part.

By Ed N.

There is a free version that works really well. Based on the above reviews, I don't think I will risk paying for the upgraded version. This is where people seem to have the biggest complaints. Also, it doesn't see to work on Google.docs (so not helpful to dyslexic or other students who struggle with spelling and punctuation) or on Word.

By Linda M.

There is just something mega unusual about the profound resistance of this company against communicating. They will not communicate with the public by phone. If you use their listed number, it is a dead-end answering machine that directs the caller back to their web site. Their product is far from perfect but still is useful and will likely get better. My issues are less about their product than with their impenetrable communication. While I can see that they may not want to offer phone support for such a complex program, the fact that they will not speak to customers about billing issues communicates sociopathic tendencies. Whomever is running the company tries to act like computers more than behaving like people.

By Ed N.

Don't install this spyware! it sends everything you type to them! It's literally a virus keylogger!

By Vlad R.

Customer service is nonexistent at Grammarly. Their competitor, however, is cheaper and offers live chat. www.whitesmoke.com

By Timothy M.

I think you can like chargeback.

By your m.

if your problem is small grammar mistakes it's likely that Grammarly can help your grades. It helped me keep my grades up throughout high school.

By Katie S.
Questions? Get answers from the Grammarly staff and other customers.

7 Photos for Grammarly