Review of Trupanion

Tel: 855.210.8749
CustomerCare@Trupanion.com

terrir26
9/2/18

I had a decent experience with this company handling claims until they started raising my premiums for no obvious reason. My fees increased 12 percent from $45 in May 2017 to $51.35 three months later in August 2017. If that wasn't enough Trupanion then raised it an enormous 38 percent from $51.35 to $82.73 a year later in August 2018! I emailed them to cancel the policy. They have no way to cancel on their website or any other way except to call them by phone so instead I sent them an email. They would not immediately cancel and left me multiple messages to call them to 'talk about it.'' I was appalled and did not call them. Finally they let me know the policy was canceled but they charged me a prorated fee at this exorbitant, inflated premium for one day because I didn't realize they had raised their rates until I saw it on my credit card a day after the first of the month. I contacted my credit card company and they said to contact the vendor again. I did and Trupanion refused to remove the charge, or charge me for the lower premium approved credit card rate. This is dishonest, unscrupulous and underhanded business practice and they should know better than to treat their customers so poorly. I highly suggest you avoid enrolling your pet with their insurance because my guess is they will eventually do the same kind of thing to you.

barbiea
8/17/15

I phoned to cancel a pet insurance in May and they kept billing my credit card every month and never phoned nor emailed me like they are saying they did I have phoned multiple times and nothing I have over paid $97 each month and I was told last phone call it would be paid back from original date of phone call and it wasn't now they say they won't so now they have lost having both my dogs rather than just one. Worst customer service in the history.

Questions? Get answers from the Trupanion staff and other customers.

Trupanion?