Review of Trinity Solar

Wall, NJ 07719, United States of America
Tel: 732-780-3779

richardd520
2/26/19

I live in Massachusetts. We had solar panels installed in July of 2018 and it was turned on the first week of August. Everything was going fine until early December when we got a violation in the mail from the Old Kings Highway Commission. This is a commission that oversees historic areas here on the Cape. Well someone at Trinity did not go through the right channels. We were told they would pull all the permits with the town and go before the commission. Well come to find out they didn't. We were ordered to go before the commission last night. We were told that unless we find a way to hide the panels from the street. We have to take them down. This can only be done if we line the front down at the street with some kind of trees. It would cost us thousands of dollars we don't have. We were told we would have been denied if they went when they were supposed to.So I have been trying to get a hold of someone that works for Trinity to fix the problem. I can tell you. I'm not going to pay for it. We have two weeks to come up with a suitable plan or Trinity will have to come and take them down. And I will cancel my contract with Sunova. I ain't paying it. It is their fault and believe me they will pay.

Response from Tom P., Trinity Solar Representative
Hi Richard, I'm sorry you're experiencing this situation. Typically, documentation of historical society approval is required when applying for a permit, but the permit was approved without us realizing you were in a historical district. We are actively working toward a solution that will be satisfactory to both you and the historic commission. A representative will be present at the next commission meeting to present the plan and we will communicate with you in advance regarding the details of the plan. We appreciate your patience as we work through these unusual set of circumstances and hope that you were pleased with all other aspects of your solar process and installation. Thank you.
michaelt283
4/5/18

We purchased our Solar panel system from Trinity Solar approximately 8 yrs ago for our new home. ( 10 yr. Warranty exists) Our home was DESIGNED THEN BUILT with solar panels as the primary source to HIGHLY reduce and or eliminate utility costs. I met with their representative PRIOR to the construction of the home on several occasions to discuss this proposal. Electrician and HVAC professionals provided specifications (Load calculations) to Trinity representative to confirm that upon purchasing this system, it would work. Representative claimed it would. That is the ONLY reason we agreed to purchase this expensive system. The "verbal" promises made have failed miserably. Representative claimed 7/8 year return. Not even close.
Especially since the SRECs have dwindled to nothing in return. I have all the years of JCPL bills to prove this disaster from Trinity and my monthly utility costs run from $300-$500 per month. Trinity has been provided with all of JCPL's records on our home. I also agreed to have Trinity come to our home to inspect our system. Responding workers claim the system is working. Researching other Solar Companies have provided me with consistent information. Our Solar Project was "UNDERSIZED" and could not have possibly handled this load consumption. Trinity's Calculations were WAY OFF... Hence, we never would have designed our home this way NOR purchased the system.

billj101
11/12/17

Trinity's leasing company's name is Sunovo and my bill is $66 / month. I paid the utility, PSE&g $13 / month. I just read that going solar is the equivalent of planting 13-trees / year. I cut one branch on my tree, and the bill went down to $4.35!!! We have a full house, and had a very high electric bill. We couldn't be happier. If we could've done one thing differently, we would've bought them. It was only a few more dollars, and still lower than the electric bill.

bostonc
7/18/17

I signed up with Trinity Solar to install my solar panels in summer 2015 and finally the panels were installed but not inspected till March -April 2016, although my contract promise a completion date of Oct 15, 2015. The salesman who sold me the system left the company and I finally found out many promises he made were not delivered. For example, after the system finally be inspected and is producing electricity, the company did not set up an automatic monitoring service for our system which is different from the term of the contract. In fact, many homeowner will not look into the language carefully and knowing if their system will be monitored by the company which is standard service every solar installer offers with the installation. Initially Trinity try to use excuses to exclude my system from this automatic monitoring service after many weeks fighting plus withhold the final payment for the installation, they finally agreed to include the system as part of the service. I was then told this in fact is a standard practice for all cash payers. They apologized for the mix-up. A year later, March 2017, I was told by my SREC company that Trinity did not connect the remote monitoring system directly to the production meter. As a result, the SREC company could not get the solar protection number from the SolarEdge automatic reporting system. Instead, me, the homeowner will need to report the production each month manually, took a picture of the meter production then email to the SREC company which is not what I signed up for and I believe no consumer is expecting they will have to report it manually each month. What I signed up for is an automatic monitoring system and automatically report the problem or the production number without human intervention. I contacted one of the manager at Trinity in March and was assume the problem resolved. as I never heard back after received a letter informing me that he "will jump right on it". Today I was contacted by Trinity Monitoring department and told me my solar system communication was down and I checked on my phone APP and found my system has been down 2-3 weeks ago. Trinity solar just found the problem. The monitoring service they provide supposed to be on daily basis. Trinity did not discover the problem till 3 weeks later which is not acceptable per the industry standard. I then ask about my production reporting system issue I contacted Trinity 4 month ago, and I was told in order to change the connection from the monitoring system from the inverter to from the production meter, there is a $1200 additional charge which is absurd. When Trinity Solar set up the production meter, they should have installed the remote monitoring system directly to the meter. But due to this company is NJ based and unfamiliar with Massachusetts state solar production requirement & regulation, they failed to follow the MA state regulation and installed the monitoring system connected with the inverter. Now Trinity wants me to pick up their cost of modification to system to meet Massachusetts requirement. Trinitys deceiving practice must be stop.

chriss706
4/13/17

Spencer Flint must be one hell of a salesman because every positive review seems to be of him...

This is the most dishonest company I have ever worked for. The company is terribly disorganized, no showed me on an inspection and the second day of installation. I call and get a very polite woman on the phone who apologizes and I will admit was very professional but it happens again and again and again.... it took 8 months to get my system turned on and I found out that the finance company that they were using went out of business but they never told me till after they installed the panels. I hired a lawyer and they finally returned my calls. You will not find a bigger wolf in sheeps clothing than Trinity Solar... If you went with Trinity and you're happy then you're in the minority... I just spoke to another solar company this week and they are using 340 watt panels. trinity put 260 watt panels on my roof which i'm stuck with for the next 20 years

jm258
10/21/16

WE HAVE NEVER BEEN FOOLED SO BAD. OUR SALESMAN DOUBLE TALKED. OUR FIRST SYSTEM WASN'T LARGER ENOUGH. TOLD US WE WOULD OWN THE SYSTEM AFTER PUTTING MONEY DOWN AND WAIT AFTER A FEW YEARS. NOW HE SAYS HE NEVER SAID THAT OR EVEN BETTER SAYS HE SORRY IF HE EXPLAINED IT NOT RIGHT. I WILL NEVER RECOMMEND THIS COMPANY TO ANYONE. AN THEY SAID THEY TAKE CARE OF THEIR CUSTOMERS. THIS IS THE WORST COMPANY TO DEAL WITH. I SHOULD HAVE LISTENED TO EVERYONE TO STAY AWAY FROM THEM....

jasonc144
9/21/16

I can tell most of the reviews on here are fake, but coming from a genuine Beverly, Massachusetts resident, you will be making a mistake not to work with Trinity Solar. This guy Spencer came to my door, prices seemed way too good to be true but here I am months later with an extra couple hundred dollars in my pocket and I couldn't be happier. Great customer service, answer all my questions. Fantastic experience.

lizzj
9/20/16

I dont even know i fall in to this trap.. they never explain nothing... they always got a easy way out of my questions, and after i sign up all the big surprises came up.... So im still paying JCPL 100plus per month and im paying Trinity 75... they told me my electric bill be will always be around 5 to 20 dollars because thy provide the service.. BS now they are telling me I must way a year plus before MY JCPL bill comes down to 5 or 20 dollars... they never told me this.. very misleading, costumer service sucks they are bunch of liars.. PLEASE DONT USE THIS COMANY DONT FALL IN THE TRAP.....

maevec1
9/15/16

Spencer Flint knocked on my door to discuss installing solar panels on my roof. Usually I wouldn't even open the door for a sales person but I am very happy that I did!! Spencer was extremely knowledgable and passionate about solar energy. He was genuine and actually wanted to help ME. He was patient with all of the questions and extremely enthusiastic about his work. My panels were installed quickly and efficiently and I am so excited to start saving money!

kaitlynm13
9/15/16

I was not even remotely interested in solar, didn't know all that much and hate being approached. I am glad I listened! Spencer Flint was very knowledgeable and patient in explaining the benefits and the process. The entire process was smooth, and FREE! I am saving money and the environment! Thank you Spencer Flint and Trinity Solar!

tomm1102
6/9/16

Started back in February. I interview all of the major solar company's. After every going through this I selected Trinity, mistake one. Installation to begin end of March, they were on time. That is were the good news begins and ends. Since that time they (installation folks) damaged the paint in the hallway next to the attic entrance and also the attic entrance (which is a framed in area). I mentioned this to the lead and his response was. Do you have any paint? Do you have any paint!. Time marches on damage repaired NO. System turned on NO. Effort being made by Trinity to correct situation, mostly silent. No phone calls, trifling email and to top it all off. A Mr Kelly calls on Wednesday 06.08 and wants me to call him asap...gives me his cell phone number so I will have little trouble reaching him. I call...voice mail...again...voice mail. Finally is call the office speak to a very nice lady Lesley (customer service). She is very apathetic as is my wife....but proceeds to tell me Mr Kelly is on VACATION for the next couple of days. A little tidbit that what have helped. Well he answer his company cell while on vacation....I doubt it. So I can't talk to him on Thursday or Friday certainly not Saturday or Sunday and Monay when he returns he will be swamped and my problem pushed aside. This is TRINITY SOLAR. You want to deal with a company like this? No and if I could I wouldn't either.

robertd199
4/15/16

my average electric bill was $148 a month.Now with trinity solar its $98.40 which they quoted me from the beginning but didnt tell me i still get a bill from AC electric which was $65 So my bill this month is $163

dominiqued14
4/11/16

Very disappointed with this company. They do shoddy work and when you call them out on it, they don't want to take responsibility for it and fix it at their cost. They have sent technicians to my house that Trinity didn't even know their names! When I called after a tech was here and described the person, they had no clue who I was talking about! How do you not know your employees? Very disorganized and poor workmanship. I would never recommend this company to anyone! I found out from an attorney that 15 years ago, Trinity Solar was called Solar Heaven. They changed their name because they were sued by a ton of people in Ocean County and part of the court order was that Solar Heaven was not allowed to conduct ANY business whatsoever in Ocean County for life. Solar Heaven changed their name to Trinity Solar and still continue to operate in Ocean County.

debbieb75
1/22/16

I was told by my salesman that I would be up and running in four weeks after installation. Panels were installed 10/28/2015. I am still not up and running after several calls to Trinity and personally expediting final inspections. After talking to Trinity today they claim they are awaiting an SRP# from the state for which they applied on line 11/11/2015. I personally called NJ Clean Energy Program -(866-657-6278) the program that issues the SRP# - and was informed that it takes aprox 4 months to be issued a SPR# and that Trinity was suppose to have had this number before installation.They said I will probably not be up and running until March if I am lucky. I would never refer Trinity and am calling the BBB.

pegm3
10/4/15

Spencer Flint stopped by my house to discuss putting panels on my roof. I had no interest in doing it. After talking to Spencer I changed my mind. He was very knowledgeable and enthusiastic about the value of solar panels. He was very patient in answering my many questions. My panels have been installed and I am looking forward to saving money on my energy bills.

richardd88
10/2/15

My Trinity rep, Spencer Flint couldn't have been more accomidating and professional throughout the process of obtaining and installing Solar power to my home. The install results look great and really add to the look of my home. I'm very happy with my choice to go with Trinity....all the reviews I read on line proved to be true! Anyone thinking about going with Solar power should contact this company. You will be pleased with their complete process and the money you can save with their equipment.

$#*! and Martha Dooling
Beverly, MA.

kathleenb18
9/30/15

Very pleased with Trinity Solar. Spencer Flint is a great salesman--ready with all the facts and figures. He did a really good job of explaining everything and he follows through with any requests. Can't go wrong here.

marcp23
9/30/15

Sept 30, 2015

I am a new customer with Trinity and thrilled with my first month's results! (Sept 2015)

Spencer Flint signed me up the last week in June and had the system scheduled for installation the 3rd week in August. I received a call from Trinity the last week in July saying they could do the installation the first week in August if I wanted. (2 weeks early) They had the job finished in two days and after sign offs, I was up and running the 3rd week in August. When National grid swapped out the meter my system went dead. I called Spencer and within 10 minutes someone was on the phone with me trying to solve the problem. Spencer had someone there the next morning and the system was back online. Great communication and follow-up!

I was told that I should receive at least 62% of my power from my solar panels. September is my first full month and I have produced 818 KWh as of today. My meter from National Grid is -56 from their last reading. I know that Sept was a very sunny month, but all my power came from solar for this month.

Thank you for the excellent service, Spencer! Great job Trinity!

Marc P

alanl40
8/26/15

Spencer introduced me to Trinity Solar in the very beginning when they just started out installing homes in Ma. He was very polite and knew his facts. He committed to solar providing me 60% of my power and it actually did 65% last year. I was paying National Grid $235 to $285 a month the year before. Last year my bills averaged $132 month between solar and National Grid.. I have no complaints. The installers were very good and did the job in 1 day. They cleaned up after themselves and left nothing behind. This was one of the best decisions I have made and it cost me nothing. Thank you Spencer Flint.

josephe18
8/24/15

After speaking with the sales rep here in Beverly, MA, we decided to have Trinity Solar do our installation of solar panels and system. Mr. Flint was quite thorough and explained the whole process from beginning to end. Quite involved. They came out and did a detailed analysis of the solar energy potential on our roof, and came up with a design that would work for us. An installation date was picked, which they met. Their team of installers and electricians arrived on August 20th and completed the installation in one day, very professionally, and did a nice job of cleanup before they left. I am expecting my inspection from the City of Beverly within the next 2 weeks, and am looking forward to generating my own solar power. I have only good things to say about the company, as they did everything that they promised, and on time as well.

kevinh93
8/23/15

our sales representative(spencer flint)took the time to explain in detail the advantages of installing solar panels and the savings we would realize .Every detail of the installation process was discussed with us until we were both comfortable and all of our questions were answered.The installation was preformed on the date and time quoted to us by a team of professional roofers,electricians who were neat,courteous and finished the install in a 1 and1/2 days.Top notch company from our sales rep to the installers,a pleasure to have them working on our house.

cherig5
8/3/15

Mr Spencer Flint ,a salesperson for this company has little regard for peoples time and assumes a lack of intelligence for homeowners as well. Though we were very busy when he pulled into our driveway we invited him into our home to just take a look at our electric bill and get a picture of our electric panel after which he promised to make an appointment for another date to actually discuss the possibility of solar. Once inside he crammed his entire sales pitch down our throats for over an hour before taking the pics. He kept insisting we would be saving as much as 85% off our electric bill. The pamphlet he offered indicated that we would be paying 12 cents per KWH to Trinity. He also claimed we were currently paying 24 cents to National Grid. He also indicated this would be on up to 85% of our bill. I kept trying to point out that his numbers didnt seem to add up but he insisted hed explain it better at the next meeting so Id understand. First, Natl Grids rates are tiered ,we do not pay 24 cents for every KWH. Even if we were paying this much for all our electric, that would only amount to a 50% savings on up to 85% of the bill. He said we were also paying much more than any of our non solar neighbors , as much as a Chinese Restaurant. Not correct. I emailed Spence that evening after talking with neighbors and again after talking with others in my neighborhood including those whod recently had solar installed by Boston Solar who Spence claimed were subbed out by Trinity. That was only correct in one of three cases. He never responded to my emails. Tonight 15 minutes after he was scheduled to arrive I called his cell. He did not apologize for being late and informed me he was having a busy day bit was on his way. Fifteen to twenty minutes he said. As I was ending the call he spoke an address. I infoprmed him that was not my address after much checking he insisted our appoint was for a different day. He was standing next to me when I wrote the appointment on my calendar after much discussion, because my days are also busy. The date he claimed was not one I was even available. Then he offered to come by later like 9PM? When I said that wouldnt work his response was Guess were not the company for you. Guess so. I prefer honest well informed folks who keep their commitments.

calb31
7/28/15

I spoke with Two other company's. I found Trinity's sales person Chris to be The most knowledgeable. What I liked about Chris was he didn't try to sell me what he wanted to sell. He worked understand what would work best for me.

Once we got all the approvals the install team was fast and efficient, polite and professional. I highly recommend Trinity in upstate N.Y.

Cal
9.3W system

denniss81
7/24/15

Trinity Solar came and gave me an estimate. I also had 3 other companies. I chose Trinity and am happy I did. Once township approvals came, my solar was installed in 2 days. The employees were neat, and courteous. I started April 7. It took till May 18 for the township to issue the permit. The system was installed May 29. Township and JCPL approval July 10. My whole process took about 12 weeks from the start to actual turn on. Most waiting is on townships and electric co.'s. Not Trinity's fault.

stuarts1
9/28/13

I have always wanted to have solar for my home but it was always too expensive. Well, this time I looked into it and found Trinity Solar Panels, they are very well recognized in the State of New Jersey. They came to the house and explained that they had 3 options: pay in full, lease,no out of pocket. I chose to select lease, this way I receive credits for my electric and the company gets the rebate and I also receive very little amount on my electric bill, down from $150+ down to about $10+. I think it is great for everyone regardless of which one you pick. They maintain everything, all you do is collect your credit and pay a much smaller electric bill. You have nothing to loose and everything to gain. If and when you have a problem with the panels, they know it first for they monitor it and they send someone immediately and fix it and let you know that there was a problem, but now fixed.
Try it, You may save a bundle. Bye bye for now. Stuart S.

Questions? Get answers from the Trinity Solar staff and other customers.

4 Photos for Trinity Solar