Travelup

Travelup has a consumer rating of 1.07 stars from 176 reviews indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Consumers complaining about Travelup most frequently mention customer service, full refund and credit card problems. Travelup ranks 43rd among Discount Travel sites.

No positive highlights yet

• Appalling customer service, charging admin fee for refund (50 out of 400 pounds for a refund).
  • Since then no refund or any update on where my refunds at, impossible to reach anyone, phone lines turned off.
How would you rate Travelup?

“Thnk you so much francis norris”

Safina A.
2/26/20

He has been excellent in providing all the information i needed. 10/10 for this gentlemen who didnt get frustasted and answered to all the million questions that i asked. I really apreciateThanks a ton

“Don't trust them! Bunch of thieves”

Gabor P.
6/23/20

I have been waiting for my refund for more than three months now without any results. Four weeks ago they made me me believe that I would get my refund in 3-5 working days. Still no money on my account. I have spoken to several people from their stuff strictly online because their lines are always off or no one is reachable. I believe I am contacting always with the same person under different fake contact names. Fake company Fake staff. Avoid them at all costs!

customer service (34) phone lines (10)
gaborp4
June 23rd, 2020

sukiem1
June 19th, 2020

Any company who breaches their terms and conditions and then attempts to rewrite these as a means of profiteering during a pandemic is wholly without any moral code. It is primarily illegal and unlawful. As a customer they are non contactable (telephone, chat, email etc). Left me with no other option but to pursue a chargeback to ensure I got my money back. This was our first and last time using - TravelUP...

bg172
June 1st, 2020

I was due to fly London to San Francisco with BA in early April. Have had no specific response to my request for a refund as flight cancelled (covid19). Furious that they have changed their Ts and Cs from when I booked to STEAL a part of the refund from BA. I will never use them again and would advise you to resist any temptation to save a few pounds by booking through them. It could end up costing you dearly.

dl456
January 23rd, 2021

Do NOT use TravelUp! We booked hotel accommodation through them at a 5 star hotel and they ‘forgot' to send confirmation paperwork to the hotel. We were 4 hours away from home with a 5 year old and had to take the last remaining available accommodation at another hotel which was awful, and while they refunded the original amount, they refused to contribute to this cost. They just take your money and don't care what happens.

Accommodation

janes799
May 17th, 2020

These cowboys are a bunch of thieves who change the T&Cs as they go along. At first it was 50 quid thieving per booking (which Ali Shah publicly declared) but this has now gone up to 75 plus card fee (which is illegal) within days of his interview. Despite all the negative press and a v high profile FB group of 2k disgruntled customers, these thieves are not able to behave with an iota of honour. I hope they go bankrupt and Ali Shah is struck off from running a company. Shameless and greedy.

Tip for consumers:
Please just don’t book through these shysters. You’ll regret it.

None

caroliner125
August 20th, 2020

This company is fraudulent. It cancelled flights to luxor and refused to give me my money back going against EU regulations. They have offered me an EgyptAir voucher that I do not want, and only did so on me chasing them several times. You cannot call them, they do not answer the phone or reply to emails. I will never book with travel up again, they are crooks and i am out of pocket by 800 GBP.

annr356
May 13th, 2020

I was unable to travel to visit my daughter in Rio due to Covid 19. I booked my flight with travel up via BA for March 24th. Before the lockdown Travel up tried to sell me extras that I didn't need, now when I need a refund of my flight they have not responded to any emails, calls. What company thinks it is good practice to ignore customers during this difficult time?

missym72
April 8th, 2021

I spent $1800 through travel up for a hotel resort for my family. They sent a "voucher" to provide the hotel. The hotel had no clue what this voucher was and said to call and get a confirmation number from travel up. When you call them they speak horrible broken English (foreigners) and They eventually ignored me and stole my money. They are scammers. Get off your asses and work for your money instead of stealing from hard working people! Pathetic!

Don’t use this site!

samb590
May 3rd, 2020

Would give zero stars in possible. Awful customer service with no response on phones or email, and now it appears they have the cheek to change ts and cs to earn themselves money as a cut on my refund. Avoid like the plague. Will NOT be using ever again.
If you read this travelup - I'm still waiting for my refund as it appears so many others are.

nijs
July 13th, 2020

I booked a flight in June for my daughter to go to Bali. With Covid 19 about, she was unable to travel. Tried calling them but you're unable to leave a message, so have emailed them several times but got no response. I've now filled out their Covid19 form for a refund request and surprise surprise, no confirmation email to say they've received the form. I would definitely avoid them, just based on their lack of customer service. It's not nice being left in the dark not knowing where you stand.

katea115
May 20th, 2020

Terrible service and questionable practices.
Will never use them again.
They scored second-from-last in a recent survey of 27000 travellers by the moneysavingexpert website for customer service at the moment.
They have after many communiations refunded me a random amount, despite receiving the full refund from the airline.
Chasing them up is hellish. Use a more reputable company.

rebeccar506
May 31st, 2020

Until the COVID crisis, I have been extremely satisfied with the service and communication of TravelUp. However, our return flight to the UK was scheduled for 29th May We have had no communication from them, despite completing their online form as instructed. BA informed us several weeks ago that the flight was cancelled.
Obviously we need to reschedule a flight back to the UK and are not looking for a refund, but are unable to contact TravelUp as their lines are closed. We need some advice on timescales and options.
What has happened to the promise that bookings would be dealt with in order of departure?

leonk57
March 26th, 2020

I booked hotel through TravelUp 5 months ago for my family vacation, totally 2 rooms for 6 people, and also bought the cancellation insurance just in case. When I called them to cancel my reservation due to medical reason, they told me I am not qualified to cancel. If I really cancel it, they will charge me $20 per person, compared with other agencies $15 per room, TravelUp is robbing the customers. Be careful, please stay away from TravelUp and choose other reasonable agencies.

jom294
December 11th, 2020

Still waiting for a flight refund from April. Just keep getting excuses and told to ring back bu totally inept phone handlers. I know so many people that have received refunds way way quicker so their COVID excuse does hold true. Agree with all the other reviews - they are thieves/incompetent and absolutely do not care about their customers. AVOID AVOID AVOID!

simonb252
September 9th, 2020

Flights cancelled in May due to covid, filled out forms, chased repeatedly now waited 15 weeks and still no refund. The law says should be within 2 weeks, i appreciated covid would cause delay but this is unacceptable, said this to the Agent and he replied "if you dont like it, feel free to take legal action' unbelievable and shocking customer service, having used them many times before, will never touch them again, they want your money but take no ownership to help when things go wrong.

adama329
March 27th, 2020

Pathetic company. Have got 5 tickets booked through them. Stuck Broad in Pakistan with no response to emails phone calls
Will be going to ATOL And issuing proceedings when I get back.

Do not use at any cost. They disconnected there phone lines but still send you emails offering cheap travel destinations. Even 1 star is to high for these cow boys.

lizf151
July 3rd, 2020

Hotel I booked through travel up offered refund if travel up contacted them - travel up making excuses around third parties - somewhere someone is pocketing the money as the hotel isn't open - what a bunch of fraudsters and the CEO thinks some sob story email will help - no it won't I booked via you I don't care who you then bought the room off through some dodgy deal I just know you have my money

meenak8
April 1st, 2020

No contacts from these people till the day of departure. Booked flights and been given only one option to take credit and on top pay extra taxes and fare difference at later date! Terrible company stay well away! When asked for refund was only offered a £78 refund for a booking of £707.42, when its not even our fault for not being able to travel.

The worst Customer Service

phillipl143
April 10th, 2021
Verified purchase

I'm fairly certain that I requested Special Assistance for a wheelchair user at the time of booking but there was no mention of it on the E-ticket. I tried to access the booking in the 'Manage my Booking' tab but it said the booking wasn't available to manage. I then emailed them to arrange the special assistance but they didn't reply. We won't use this company ever again.

Tip for consumers:
Try another company or book directly with the airline

Air flight

jasonc862
April 4th, 2020

Booked 3 flights with this company. Flights cancelled during the Coronavirus which is totally understandable but to get any sort of communication or refund is impossible. Phone lines shut down and no help whatsoever. Would never use this company again. The airline are offering full refunds but because I've booked with a travel agent I have to chase them for the refund something not easy when you can't get a reply.

russellt79
May 24th, 2020

What a bunch of crooks. No contact for 2 months, they left me stranded in the Philippines. No help at all. No way to contact them - phone lines closed, no emails answered and all messages blocked since 17th March (& still blocked) on facebook - which was the only contact with them until then. They have now changed their terms & conditions so they can try to steal another £50 'contribution' cost from all their unlucky customers.
Search for ' TravelUp COVID Response ' group on facebook - nearly 2400 unhappy customers!

WARNING - DO NOT USE!

WARNING!!!!!!
DO NOT USE travelup, they are liars, cheats & thieves, and their CEO want to be the next British prime Minister haha - what a bloody joke !!!!!

Products used:
I bought flights with Qatar from them. Very bad mistake using travelup

kemio5
May 13th, 2020

Disgraceful and deceitful Company! No communication (blanket emails), no way for customers to get in contact with them. Using COVID-19 to exploit...

randyr206
January 18th, 2020

Paid for a bogus booking with this agency 6 weeks in advance and surprise surprise upon arrival, the hotel had no record of any booking the informed me they were not taking reservations the time i booked with TravelUp as they were over sold. Cost the family many hours of aggravation, found a room on our own at 1am and took another day to rebook the remainder of the trip several hundred dollars more... stay away from this sham outfit.

anthonyb999
December 10th, 2020

My flight scheduled for December got cancelled and Travelup didn't even let me know about it. Asked for refund but did not get any kind of confirmation, not an email, nor SMS, nothing. You just have to trust their word. You call them again and they do not provide a clear response. Avoid at all costs.

simong104
February 13th, 2020

I booked flights, got an email confirmation. The next day I was emailed saying they would be issuing a full refund in 3 days time. I couldn't even get hold of customer service to sort it out on the phone. This put me in a very difficult situation, as I have other parts of the journey I have booked. Very bad service.

Hopeless. They don't reply to emails. Can't get through on the phone. Useless. Better to forget about them and lose the stress. Have accepted I'll never see my money again.

By Wendy N.