Travelup

Travelup has a consumer rating of 1.09 stars from 137 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Travelup also ranks 41st among Discount Travel sites. The most common issues with Travelup are around customer service, which is not as good as expected by some customers.

Positive reviews (last 12 months): 1.8%

No positive highlights yet

• I couldn't even get hold of customer service to sort it out on the phone.
  • They disconnected there phone lines but still send you emails offering cheap travel destinations.
How would you rate Travelup?

“Thnk you so much francis norris”

Safina A.
2/26/20

He has been excellent in providing all the information i needed. 10/10 for this gentlemen who didnt get frustasted and answered to all the million questions that i asked. I really apreciateThanks a ton

“Don't trust them! Bunch of thieves”

Gabor P.
6/23/20

I have been waiting for my refund for more than three months now without any results. Four weeks ago they made me me believe that I would get my refund in 3-5 working days. Still no money on my account. I have spoken to several people from their stuff strictly online because their lines are always off or no one is reachable. I believe I am contacting always with the same person under different fake contact names. Fake company Fake staff. Avoid them at all costs!

customer service (33) phone lines (10) hotel (25) refund (80) 2 months (5) credit card company (4) 8 weeks (5) flight (54) money (58) not book (8) covid 19 (7) 24 hours (4)
gaborp4
June 23rd, 2020
sukiem1
June 19th, 2020
Any company who breaches their terms and conditions and then attempts to rewrite these as a means of profiteering during a pandemic is wholly without any moral code. It is primarily illegal and unlawful. As a customer they are non contactable (telephone, chat, email etc). Left me with no other option but to pursue a chargeback to ensure I got my money back. This was our first and last time using - TravelUP...
bg172
June 1st, 2020
I was due to fly London to San Francisco with BA in early April. Have had no specific response to my request for a refund as flight cancelled (covid19). Furious that they have changed their Ts and Cs from when I booked to STEAL a part of the refund from BA. I will never use them again and would advise you to resist any temptation to save a few pounds by booking through them. It could end up costing you dearly.
janes799
May 17th, 2020
These cowboys are a bunch of thieves who change the T&Cs as they go along. At first it was 50 quid thieving per booking (which Ali Shah publicly declared) but this has now gone up to 75 plus card fee (which is illegal) within days of his interview. Despite all the negative press and a v high profile FB group of 2k disgruntled customers, these thieves are not able to behave with an iota of honour. I hope they go bankrupt and Ali Shah is struck off from running a company. Shameless and greedy.

Tip for consumers: Please just don’t book through these shysters. You’ll regret it.

caroliner125
August 20th, 2020
This company is fraudulent. It cancelled flights to luxor and refused to give me my money back going against EU regulations. They have offered me an EgyptAir voucher that I do not want, and only did so on me chasing them several times. You cannot call them, they do not answer the phone or reply to emails. I will never book with travel up again, they are crooks and i am out of pocket by 800 GBP.
samb590
May 3rd, 2020
Would give zero stars in possible. Awful customer service with no response on phones or email, and now it appears they have the cheek to change ts and cs to earn themselves money as a cut on my refund. Avoid like the plague. Will NOT be using ever again.
If you read this travelup - I'm still waiting for my refund as it appears so many others are.
nijs
July 13th, 2020
I booked a flight in June for my daughter to go to Bali. With Covid 19 about, she was unable to travel. Tried calling them but you're unable to leave a message, so have emailed them several times but got no response. I've now filled out their Covid19 form for a refund request and surprise surprise, no confirmation email to say they've received the form. I would definitely avoid them, just based on their lack of customer service. It's not nice being left in the dark not knowing where you stand.
katea115
May 20th, 2020
Terrible service and questionable practices.
Will never use them again.
They scored second-from-last in a recent survey of 27000 travellers by the moneysavingexpert website for customer service at the moment.
They have after many communiations refunded me a random amount, despite receiving the full refund from the airline.
Chasing them up is hellish. Use a more reputable company.
annr356
May 13th, 2020
I was unable to travel to visit my daughter in Rio due to Covid 19. I booked my flight with travel up via BA for March 24th. Before the lockdown Travel up tried to sell me extras that I didn't need, now when I need a refund of my flight they have not responded to any emails, calls. What company thinks it is good practice to ignore customers during this difficult time?
leonk57
March 26th, 2020
I booked hotel through TravelUp 5 months ago for my family vacation, totally 2 rooms for 6 people, and also bought the cancellation insurance just in case. When I called them to cancel my reservation due to medical reason, they told me I am not qualified to cancel. If I really cancel it, they will charge me $20 per person, compared with other agencies $15 per room, TravelUp is robbing the customers. Be careful, please stay away from TravelUp and choose other reasonable agencies.
simonb252
September 9th, 2020
Flights cancelled in May due to covid, filled out forms, chased repeatedly now waited 15 weeks and still no refund. The law says should be within 2 weeks, i appreciated covid would cause delay but this is unacceptable, said this to the Agent and he replied "if you dont like it, feel free to take legal action' unbelievable and shocking customer service, having used them many times before, will never touch them again, they want your money but take no ownership to help when things go wrong.
adama329
March 27th, 2020
Pathetic company. Have got 5 tickets booked through them. Stuck Broad in Pakistan with no response to emails phone calls
Will be going to ATOL And issuing proceedings when I get back.

Do not use at any cost. They disconnected there phone lines but still send you emails offering cheap travel destinations. Even 1 star is to high for these cow boys.
lizf151
July 3rd, 2020
Hotel I booked through travel up offered refund if travel up contacted them - travel up making excuses around third parties - somewhere someone is pocketing the money as the hotel isn't open - what a bunch of fraudsters and the CEO thinks some sob story email will help - no it won't I booked via you I don't care who you then bought the room off through some dodgy deal I just know you have my money
meenak8
April 1st, 2020
No contacts from these people till the day of departure. Booked flights and been given only one option to take credit and on top pay extra taxes and fare difference at later date! Terrible company stay well away! When asked for refund was only offered a £78 refund for a booking of £707.42, when its not even our fault for not being able to travel.

The worst Customer Service
jasonc862
April 4th, 2020
Booked 3 flights with this company. Flights cancelled during the Coronavirus which is totally understandable but to get any sort of communication or refund is impossible. Phone lines shut down and no help whatsoever. Would never use this company again. The airline are offering full refunds but because I've booked with a travel agent I have to chase them for the refund something not easy when you can't get a reply.
russellt79
May 24th, 2020
What a bunch of crooks. No contact for 2 months, they left me stranded in the Philippines. No help at all. No way to contact them - phone lines closed, no emails answered and all messages blocked since 17th March (& still blocked) on facebook - which was the only contact with them until then. They have now changed their terms & conditions so they can try to steal another £50 'contribution' cost from all their unlucky customers.
Search for ' TravelUp COVID Response ' group on facebook - nearly 2400 unhappy customers!

WARNING - DO NOT USE!

Tip for consumers: WARNING!!!!!!
DO NOT USE travelup, they are liars, cheats & thieves, and their CEO want to be the next British prime Minister haha - what a bloody joke !!!!!

randyr206
January 18th, 2020
Paid for a bogus booking with this agency 6 weeks in advance and surprise surprise upon arrival, the hotel had no record of any booking the informed me they were not taking reservations the time i booked with TravelUp as they were over sold. Cost the family many hours of aggravation, found a room on our own at 1am and took another day to rebook the remainder of the trip several hundred dollars more... stay away from this sham outfit.
simong104
February 13th, 2020
I booked flights, got an email confirmation. The next day I was emailed saying they would be issuing a full refund in 3 days time. I couldn't even get hold of customer service to sort it out on the phone. This put me in a very difficult situation, as I have other parts of the journey I have booked. Very bad service.
kerryc207
May 13th, 2020
Absolutely the worst company i have ever dealt with. There are now over 2000 people in a facebook group who can all confirm this company have stolen money from people, lied and delayed payments due by law. They have just started to make some refunds, all at a large shortfall to the original payments.
navt2
March 13th, 2020
Booked cheap flights through this company to Thailand Saudi and Dubai. Due to coronavirus travel bans in place. Emailed, called this company and also tweeted. Highlighted travel dates. No response. Would have been stranded in thailand if it wasnt for Emirates helping. These guys also cancelled my flight to saudi without any contact or offers of other reporting options. Absolute joke of a company. Do not book through this company. You will regret it. Made my holiday very stressful
andrewb1006
July 18th, 2020
Very quick to take my money and initially all went well. But then they cancelled my flights and tried to change them to a different day and a different airport. I did not agree to the changes but they refused to refund me and would only offer me a voucher. Still waiting and fighting for a refund but they will not give me back my money even although the law says they must 5 months and still fighting. Please don't book with them for your sake... I don't want you to go through what I'm going through.
peterb1063
June 5th, 2020
Booked and paid January 2020 for plane tickets April 2020.No problem with cancellation but just received refund today, over £100 less per person x 2. Have contacted credit card company to investigate and if no success, I will pursue through small claims court whatever it costs, as there is a principle at stake here.
rebeccar506
May 31st, 2020
Until the COVID crisis, I have been extremely satisfied with the service and communication of TravelUp. However, our return flight to the UK was scheduled for 29th May We have had no communication from them, despite completing their online form as instructed. BA informed us several weeks ago that the flight was cancelled.
Obviously we need to reschedule a flight back to the UK and are not looking for a refund, but are unable to contact TravelUp as their lines are closed. We need some advice on timescales and options.
What has happened to the promise that bookings would be dealt with in order of departure?
davida1157
June 19th, 2020
Terrible company, terrible customer service!
Avoid at all costs.
Do not use it for the sake of saving a few bucks
markd1348
April 20th, 2020
Would not even give them one star if that were possible. I've had trouble with this company since I first booked a hotel. Booked a hotel in February for April 19. Booking number HTT-U7DQVV. The money was not supposed to be taken from my credit card until I was at the hotel, but it was. The full amount $794.05 was taken out. Obviously the event was cancelled and I requested a refund in early March. Received a email from Travelup saying my cancellation was confirmed. I STILL have not received my refund. I believe this is very close to fraud.

It is not easy. I was told email only. They refuse to call when requested. This company should be shut down as a fraud.

By Rick B.