Travelup

Travelup has a consumer rating of 1.13 stars from 100 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Travelup also ranks 35th among Discount Travel sites. The most common issues with Travelup are around customer service, which is not as good as expected by some customers.

No positive highlights yet

• I couldn't even get hold of customer service to sort it out on the phone.
  • I booked a prepaid hotel in Miami, Florida for $300 USD.
How would you rate Travelup?

“Thnk you so much francis norris”

Safina A.
2/26/20

He has been excellent in providing all the information i needed.10/10 for this gentlemen who didnt get frustasted and answered to all the million questions that i asked.I really apreciateThanks a ton

“Bunch of thieves”

Jane S.
5/17/20

These cowboys are a bunch of thieves who change the T&Cs as they go along. At first it was 50 quid thieving per booking (which Ali Shah publicly declared) but this has now gone up to 75 plus card fee (which is illegal) within days of his interview. Despite all the negative press and a v high profile FB group of 2k disgruntled customers, these thieves are not able to behave with an iota of honour. I hope they go bankrupt and Ali Shah is struck off from running a company. Shameless and greedy.

customer service (22) hotel (19) phone lines (7) refund (55) 8 weeks (5) credit card (6) money (41) 3 days (4) 2 months (3) british airways (3) 24 hours (4) covid 19 (6)
janes799
May 17th, 2020

Tip for consumers: Please just don’t book through these shysters. You’ll regret it.

samb590
May 3rd, 2020
Would give zero stars in possible. Awful customer service with no response on phones or email, and now it appears they have the cheek to change ts and cs to earn themselves money as a cut on my refund. Avoid like the plague. Will NOT be using ever again.
If you read this travelup - I'm still waiting for my refund as it appears so many others are.
katea115
May 20th, 2020
Terrible service and questionable practices.
Will never use them again.
They scored second-from-last in a recent survey of 27000 travellers by the moneysavingexpert website for customer service at the moment.
They have after many communiations refunded me a random amount, despite receiving the full refund from the airline.
Chasing them up is hellish. Use a more reputable company.
leonk57
March 26th, 2020
I booked hotel through TravelUp 5 months ago for my family vacation, totally 2 rooms for 6 people , and also bought the cancellation insurance just in case. When I called them to cancel my reservation due to medical reason, they told me I am not qualified to cancel. If I really cancel it, they will charge me $20 per person, compared with other agencies $15 per room, TravelUp is robbing the customers. Be careful, please stay away from TravelUp and choose other reasonable agencies.
adama329
March 27th, 2020
Pathetic company. Have got 5 tickets booked through them. Stuck Broad in Pakistan with no response to emails phone calls
Will be going to ATOL And issuing proceedings when I get back.

Do not use at any cost. They disconnected there phone lines but still send you emails offering cheap travel destinations. Even 1 star is to high for these cow boys.
meenak8
April 1st, 2020
No contacts from these people till the day of departure. Booked flights and been given only one option to take credit and on top pay extra taxes and fare difference at later date!!! terrible company stay well away!!! when asked for refund was only offered a £78 refund for a booking of £707.42, when its not even our fault for not being able to travel.

The worst Customer Service
jasonc862
April 4th, 2020
Booked 3 flights with this company. Flights cancelled during the Coronavirus which is totally understandable but to get any sort of communication or refund is impossible. Phone lines shut down and no help whatsoever . Would never use this company again. The airline are offering full refunds but because I've booked with a travel agent I have to chase them for the refund something not easy when you can't get a reply.
randyr206
January 18th, 2020
paid for a bogus booking with this agency 6 weeks in advance and surprise surprise upon arrival, the hotel had no record of any booking the informed me they were not taking reservations the time i booked with TravelUp as they were over sold. Cost the family many hours of aggravation, found a room on our own at 1am and took another day to rebook the remainder of the trip several hundred dollars more... stay away from this sham outfit.
simong104
February 13th, 2020
I booked flights, got an email confirmation. The next day I was emailed saying they would be issuing a full refund in 3 days time. I couldn't even get hold of customer service to sort it out on the phone. This put me in a very difficult situation, as I have other parts of the journey I have booked. Very bad service.
kerryc207
May 13th, 2020
Absolutely the worst company i have ever dealt with. There are now over 2000 people in a facebook group who can all confirm this company have stolen money from people, lied and delayed payments due by law. they have just started to make some refunds, all at a large shortfall to the original payments.
navt2
March 13th, 2020
Booked cheap flights through this company to Thailand Saudi and Dubai. Due to coronavirus travel bans in place. Emailed, called this company and also tweeted. Highlighted travel dates. No response. Would have been stranded in thailand if it wasnt for Emirates helping. These guys also cancelled my flight to saudi without any contact or offers of other reporting options. Absolute joke of a company. Do not book through this company. You will regret it. Made my holiday very stressful
markd1348
April 20th, 2020
Would not even give them one star if that were possible. I've had trouble with this company since I first booked a hotel. Booked a hotel in February for April 19. Booking number HTT-U7DQVV. The money was not supposed to be taken from my credit card until I was at the hotel, but it was. The full amount $794.05 was taken out. Obviously the event was cancelled and I requested a refund in early March. Received a email from Travelup saying my cancellation was confirmed. I STILL have not received my refund. I believe this is very close to fraud.
masb4
February 29th, 2020
Stolen my money
Stolen my money! Due to Coronavirus,Airline advised to cancel for refund or reschedule flight, this guy who calls himself SAM!! Airline confirmed they refunded the agent but agent is lying and saying this is a promotional ticket and can't be refunded!
I'll make sure these thieves are closed down and have already filed multiple complaints against them with different bodies.

Tip for consumers: This guy seem to be operating from his bedroom, very misleading.

raymondm272
May 15th, 2020
What a company of money grabbers these people are!! By law customers are due A full refund during this pandemic despite what they say or change in t&cs are on its own website. Customers throughout the world are in dire need of money owed and all they do is keep as much as they can and make it hard for you to have a full refund. Dont ever use this company to book holidays of any sort.
amkk
March 1st, 2020
Appalling service. Basically once you've paid for your ticket you're on your own. They won't do anything to help you if your flight is cancelled or delayed. Staff is SO RUDE on the phone. Stay away.
jessicae256
April 24th, 2020
DO NOT EVER USE TRAVELUP!
They are very quick in taking your money but god behold anything goes wrong, you will be left stranded wherever you are. Like we did, in Hong Kong and that was before the whole covid pandemic really hit off. Impossible to reach customer service and if you do, they are useless, no support whatsoever in rebooking. Had to book a new flight ourselves. Since then no refund or any update on where my refunds at, impossible to reach anyone, phone lines turned off. Apparently even changed their T&Cs in the meantime to add horrendous services charges for refunds. Liars, cheaters and thieves!
michaeld2216
March 12th, 2020
I booked a prepaid hotel in Miami, Florida for $300 USD. Then the Coronavirus hit and now President Trump suspended all flights from Czech Republic to the US, so I cannot enter the country. I emailed and called Travelup and they said, "your room rate was non-refundable and non-changeable. So, I;m out $300 USD for something I had no control over. Technically they are right. But what about some understanding and/or empathy for the worst crisis to hit the planet in decades. Instead Travelup will make a ton of money of people having to cancel their trips. What's worse is that the Hotel was willing to refund my money, but Travelup won't cooperate. I cannot believe that Trip Advisory is allowing them to list on their website!
alisona88
May 13th, 2020
Booked BA flights which have been cancelled. BA are one of the only airlines to have automated refunds to travel agents and BA has confirmed in writing that my ticket has been refunded, yet Travel Up has not contacted me at all to arrange a refund (or indeed even told me about the cancelled flight).

I have tried their online form, and emailing. I have only received generic emails from the company - nothing personal to indicate they are processing the refund I am due.
waynej98
April 7th, 2020
Travelup's after sales service is shockingly bad. So bad that it isn't worth the few extra pounds you might save from booking through them... They very rarely answer your phone calls, and when they do they will tell you that the person dealing with your case is not available at the moment, but they will message them and have them contact you back straight away... Guess what, they never ever do. Three weeks I was being given the runaround until they finally rang me to tell me my flights had been cancelled. They really are appalling. Avoid them at all costs.

To add. Its been 8 weeks since they cancelled my tickets and I have yet to receive my refund..... Don't ever use this shambolic company.
maryellenk5
May 13th, 2020
Stay clear of this company! Horrendous experience with this agency, happy to take your money, no customer service, close down all modes of communications! Will not respond to emails. Flights are cancelled by law customers are entitled to claim a full refund, Travelup make their own rules up as they go along, just like changing their T&C's midst pandemic!

To get a real flavour of this company read over 2,000 members experiences in the fb group linked below

steveh2031
May 13th, 2020
Our trip got cancelled due to the Covid 19 outbreak. We had booked a hotel through Travelup and when we inquired, they refused to refund our fee (paid in full upfront). We contacted the hotel directly and they indicated that they did not charge anyone for cancelling their reservations due to the outbreak, but that we would have to go through Travelup for a refund. Eventually, they refunded half of our payment and kept the other half even though they were not charged by the hotel. We will never use them again!
anthonys964
May 10th, 2020
They did not even bother to tell me my flights were cancelled, phone lines are closed for good, email is bouncing as it's full of complaints, research this company before buying you will regret using them!
israelt10
February 24th, 2020
• Updated review
This is long over due but I did get my refund weeks after posting this review. I called and told them I would leave a review everywhere their name came up. Either that got to them or God had mercy on me.

I see by the reviews here that they haven't gotten better. Save yourself some pain.
Lies and trickery
August 19th, 2018
• Previous review
They lied to me that the money I paid includes a checked in bag. I called them three times to do confirm I didn't have to pay extra, they said I was not going to... Fast forward to the flight check in and I was forced by the airline to pay $120 to check in my one bag and my wife's one bag. As a frequent flyer, this is the first time I have ever had to pay for just one bag. Even if I were to pay for a check in bag, I would have loved to have paid while booking the ticket, not while checking in and paying from the money I was travelling with. I'm still here trying to get a response from travel up. They have been rude on the phone. They have also ignored my email so far.
susanh1114
March 12th, 2020
First time using and will warn you to stay away. So far from professional, absolutely no customer care and ridiculous email responses. Such a huge disappointment. They won't be around long
vw38
May 14th, 2020
I know we are in the middle of a worldwide pandemic, something which we could never have imagined. BUT, if Travelup, had used a bit of common sense and decency towards their customers most of us would not be leaving reviews and researching this company. Who I now feel, have done absolutely nothing to address the disgusting customer service they have provided their customers. Just do the decent thing and begin your refunds.As You are affecting your future business. To be honest this is the second time I have used Travelup, everything went well the first time, but after this debacle never ever again.

Non existent. Phone lines closed. Emails not responsive apart from generic. Ridiculous

By Raymond M.