Review of TravelFX.co.uk

Tel: 0207 183 7922
info@travelfx.co.uk

kevint359
1/7/19

Dreadful. This firm thinks it is ok to headline using misleading terminology! "We use next day delivery service" actually means that once they get around to popping over to the post office that is when the clock starts ticking. Ordered Friday with a date given to them as required by Monday, They offered Wednesday at the earliest! Flying Tuesday!
Disingenuous and misleading!

paulr482
7/28/18

It's a confidance trick. Reasonable exchange rate and efficient service GBP to Krone.
Rip-off when converting anything back if you don't use it all.

stevej237
5/11/18

Ordered tuesday came friday. Do not use this company they lie about next day delivery and blame royal mail. Avoid at all costs

iainp1
9/6/17

Ordered currency at 09.28 am for delivery the following day before 1 pm.
Bank confirmed the money was transfered by Fast Transfer.
Contacted Travel FX on a couple of occassions before 11.00 am to question if money had been received by their bank.
Told they only check for bank tranfers after 12.00.
Since their documentation says following day delivery only available when money received by thier bank before 12.00 then it woul appear imp[ossible to get next day delivery under any circumstance.
These people are frauds.
24 hour delivery is impossible.
My currency was delivered after I had left for my trip some 52 hours after order.
This will have cost me £75.00 minimum for the priviledge of dealing with Mafia FX.

DO NOT USE THEM.

jennyf50
7/24/17

Ordered currency online. Since I don't do online banking, I went to my bank and transferred payment to Travel FX, Received an email the same day to say that they had received a payment but there were no details on the payment to match it with my order. I find this very strange as I followed the instructions to the letter and the reference number was given on the payment. They require me to send them the following.
Please provide a screenshot or headed bank statement that shows the payment leaving your account.

This must contain the bank account holders name, the last 4 digits of the account number and sort code.

By the time I get this I will have returned from my holiday. I have sent them my receipt to prove I have transferred the money to them but the receipt does not have my name on it. I am hoping they will accept this but if they don't I think I have lost my money. It is obvious I have paid them. I will not use them again.

karanjeetr
7/1/17

This is the worst company I have dealt with in many years. Their communication is dire and they are unhelpful in the extreme. I wanted to complain to the management and that was not possible. They were asking for information I had sent them 20 hours earlier and as a result I had to pay an extra £10 to get guaranteed delivery. They knew they had me over a barrel. If you do go to them to exchange money DON'T give them money upfront - make it the last thing. Get them to sort out the compliance first before you send them funds..but do yourself a favour...AVOID! Go somewhere else.

carolines60
5/25/17

The worst experience ever. The money was never delivered by travel FX and now they are treating this as a buyback which means they are making money from my money. Plus they want to charge to re-deliver. Don't use this company.

marilynp37
5/8/17

I am concerned because I found a very similar site and it could be fake. I have used Travel FX twice and will be doing again as it was an excellent service with very good exchange rates but this evening on a search up popped this other site called travel fx! It looks different may indeed be genuine but you might be getting reviews which are unjust as people may be reviewing the other site!

rimantasz
4/13/17

Horrible customer service, didn't receive the dollar's I bought, or got my money back!!! Next day delivery??? Maybe next week!!! Avoid!!!!

stephenk68
9/12/16

The first half of the transaction was good. Received the currency and the denominations requested on time (for a £5 surcharge to get small notes).

However, I had excess currency on my return and used the "buy back service". The buy back form and website are misleading in that whilst they say that "we will apply the exchange rate on the day of receipt back to our offices" they do not make clear it is a completely different set of exchange rates not mentioned anywhere on their website and not communicated. i.e. you send the money back and they arbitrarily apply an exchange rate of their choice without discussion. I would not have minded if the rate was vaguely competitive but that was sadly not the case. Will never go near again.

I raised this with them and they were disinterested and felt, despite the obvious, all was as clear as it should be.

Tip for consumers: Dont go near

julial37
8/9/16

Have used Travelfx for last five or so years, I usually give a date a day or so before I need it, so it's not held up, best to allow a three day turn around, so order day one, dispatch day two receive day three, that way you shouldn't be disappointed if you leave it till the last minute to order.

ianh71
7/26/16

I ordered £800 of Euros last Sunday as we are off on holiday mid-morning on Wednesday. Although the payment went through ok on the Sunday, I did not receive an email regarding despatch by midday on Monday (which I was expecting). Rang them on Monday to be told that next day delivery (i.e. Tuesday) was not guaranteed, despite all the reviews saying the opposite, however paying an extra £20 (thereby my not making a saving on the currency compared to going to a bank or another bureau de change) would guarantee delivery before 09:00 on the Wednesday. Paid the £20 by BACS and later on the Monday received an invoice regarding the full payment. Busy all day on the Tuesday so not able to chase; net result I receive an email at 16:30 saying that I could expect delivery by 13:00 on Wednesday (by which time we need to be at the airport). Guess what, they close at 16:30 every day so there's no-one there to deal with this issue and they don't open until 09:30 tomorrow, approximately an hour before we leave for the airport. Next time I will go the post office or my bank; I won't touch these amateurs with a barge pole and strongly advise anyone reading this does likewise.

Tip for consumers: Just.Don't.

carolg71
6/29/16

I paid £745.96 last week for us dollars they never arrived confusion Travelfx said over the name on the money transfer and the order complete rubbish I did get my money well £720.96 back yesterday they took £25.00 cancellation fee of me what a joke but I am now dealing with the financial ombudsman I am determined to get me £25.00 and show this company up for what they are

jonathanl41
6/27/16

Got receipt of money on Wednesday last week delivery promised today still NO CASH Cant get hold of TRAVEL FX staff via telephone or email. Going on holiday tomorrow with no cash.

bp47
6/18/16

Avoid this company at any cost. They are not regulated by anybody whatsoever. They are NOT FCA registered which is a requirement. Information provided on the website (e.g. HMRC registration etc) is fake too. They are filing dormant accounts with companies house. The parent company is mortgagefx which is very poor company with negative assets.
Once you paid money in to their account they will endlessly keep asking for documents and rejecting them under disguise of Money laundering regulations. There will always be something more they need and usually something which you may not have to hand at the time. If the market moves in their favor you MAY get your money at the old rate. If market moves against them they will fail your authentication and keep a large part of what you paid as cancellation fee. Either way they win. Even to receive the remaining part of your money will be an uphill struggle. In most cases where large amounts are involved you are likely to get nothing back. You may decide to take legal action but in the long process they would have changed the company name and you will end up with nothing. imsfx.co.uk are also part of the same scam.

andrewl100
4/21/16

I was a little sceptical as you don't exchange your money by credit or debit card instead you create a bank transfer. After reading reviews online I decided to go ahead. The exchange rate was the best online. Money arrived by special delivery and there was emails confirming order, dispatch etc.

gails67
4/4/16

Money did not arrive when stated as no currency in stock. Ordered s refund and they charged me £25. Real con men. Buyer beware.

anthonyb93
11/15/15

I needed currency in less than 48 hours. I was told that to get it in time would " depend on a number of factors such as currency, stock levels, when we see your payment, etc." so I paid the money. Only after the transaction was processed was I told that the currency was not available and could not be delivered in time. I found myself inextricably liable for a cancellation fee AND a conversion fee back to sterling, amounting to £109.88 on £703.45. Take care.

stephene15
10/12/15

I've done 3 separate orders for US$ from travelfx.co.uk for varying sums all via the moneysavingexpert.com site's travelmoney comparison tool and if you follow all the instructions and submit the payment ontime then the money arrives as expected, no hitches no worries.

pault76
10/8/15

I ordered late Monday pm and requested the money for the following Thursday.
It arrived on the Thursday and I was kept updated at all times.
This was so much easier and cost effective than queuing at a Bank or P.O.
Thank you.

garethr
9/23/15

Ordered $1500, the second I started to deal with this company it went from bad to worse. They give you the option to request when you need the money, this is a useless feature as they don't meet this date. When my money did arrive it was $10 short I've been in constant emails back and forth with absolutely no help. Basically I'm being called a liar.....I'm not in a position where I need to lie over $10. Terrible company terrible coustmer service just TERRIBLE!!

alexandrad4
9/16/15

Allowed date to be selected which they couldn't meet. I placed order before 12pm and made payment, to be told it hadn't 'gone through' before 12pm, they didn't have the currency and that they were subsequently going to charge me £25 to cancel it even though it was down to THEIR issues! I'm now stuck with £900 less in my bank account and no money to purchase currency elsewhere! Thanks, Travel FX!

saraht67
9/15/15

Impossible to fault the service I have received. 3rd time of use, their communication is excellent, my currency (Euros) has always arrived when I have asked for it by and their pricing is the best every time. I have had occasion to speak with them once and they sorted out my problem with an urgent date without fuss. Highly recommended.

stephenp34
9/15/15

I ordered euros from TravelFX who I have used for a few years now. The money did not arrive and so I contacted Royal Mail who had no idea what had happened to it. After two days and two trips to the sorting office they confessed to having LOST it.
That was not TravelFX's fault clearly but I was disappointed when they told me I had to wait until they had ordered a refund from Royal Mail. I was leaving for my holiday and so had to buy more euros from a high street bureau (at a less favourable rate). On my return two weeks later Travel FX told me they were going to make a refund. This was of my sterling and not a redelivery of the euros I had bought. I was happy to have the original order repeated as I could use the euros later but as the rate had slipped they refused to honour the purchase. I explained that if I bought a kettle online that did not arrive I would expect it to be redelivered and not refused on the grounds that their prices had risen in the meantime. It is no nearly two months since the original order and I still have not had a refund. I will not be using TravelFX again as their attitude has been appalling - they don't understand the meaning of customer service and are quite happy to lose a customer who has been using them for years.
I found a high street bureau who were offering a better rate than TravelFX - give them a try as you can pick your money up and not have to worry about it not arriving - eurochange (they have branches over 100 branches).

halehw
9/14/15

Don't believe the "Next Day" delivery promise on their website. Not true! Not worth the hassle, you won't get your money back - not sully anyway, even if you cancel your order within less than 24 hours- and won't receive your currency. I will never use them again!

Fully agree this company is so unprofessional! They had me in tears

By Vanessa s.

Questions? Get answers from the TravelFX.co.uk staff and other customers.

TravelFX.co.uk?