TravelFX.co.uk

TravelFX.co.uk

TravelFX.co.uk has a consumer rating of 2.41 stars from 56 reviews indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Consumers complaining about TravelFX.co.uk most frequently mention next day, damian george and exchange rate problems. TravelFX.co.uk ranks 89th among Currency Trading sites.

No positive highlights yet

• Do not use this company they lie about next day delivery and blame royal mail.
How would you rate TravelFX.co.uk?

“Good Service”

Ian S.
8/15/20

Used Travel FX for the first time a few days ago. Ordered currency (Kuna) on a Thursday turned up via Royal Mail registered delivery on Saturday morning. Customer service very good in answering my emails promptly. Lots of bad reviews but I can't fault them Ian West Sussex UK

“No show money”

Philip N.
12/22/19

Paid £500 for euros notified of delivery for Monday before 1. Waited, no money. Tracked it. Sent to wrong depot. Sent on next day. Wrong depot again. Delivery by 1. No show again. Notified to receive Wednesday before 1. We left for our holiday 7.30 am. Contacted FX to cancel as not now required. Post office will hold it for 18 days. I can collect it or refuse it and it will be returned for a buy back. They told me no chance of a refund. Unpleasant couldn't care less company. Keep away from them. I will persue my claim in court if needs be.

day delivery (12)
ians323
August 15th, 2020

Lots of bad reviews but I can't fault them

Ian
West Sussex UK
philipn58
December 22nd, 2019
philb159
December 11th, 2019
STAY AWAY,
Serious privacy issues, before sending your order they may ask you for complete 3 months of your private bank statements, if you refuse they will charge a fee to cancel your order.
Never again!
marilynp37
May 8th, 2017
I am concerned because I found a very similar site and it could be fake. I have used Travel FX twice and will be doing again as it was an excellent service with very good exchange rates but this evening on a search up popped this other site called travel fx! It looks different may indeed be genuine but you might be getting reviews which are unjust as people may be reviewing the other site!
andrewl100
April 21st, 2016
I was a little sceptical as you don't exchange your money by credit or debit card instead you create a bank transfer. After reading reviews online I decided to go ahead. The exchange rate was the best online. Money arrived by special delivery and there was emails confirming order, dispatch etc.
daniels146
July 16th, 2015
Easy to use website, order online having read the T&Cs.
Receive a confirmation e-mail, send them the payments via your bank- quoting the correct reference number.
Receive confirmation of funds e-mail.
Cash delivered later by Royal Mail.

It works.

I would always be reluctant to trust Royal Mail or indeed any delivery service for short-notice delivery, and I would always give as much notice as possible when ordering less common currencies- like Omani rial etc.

Used properly, I think TravelFX is a superb service, with very competitive rates and fees.
daryld7
August 14th, 2015
I would like to thank everyone involved in my superfast hassel free transaction.
I ordered my currency on line, after checking all the exchange rates and selecting the best one, It was a little past their cut off time for next day delivery.
I had an email from them telling me I should have my guaranteed delivery by the following day before 1pm
Well it is now 08.39 and Royal mail has just delivered my currency.
Very impressed, will certainly be using Travel Fx again and will be telling friends and family about the great service.

Tip for consumers: Get your currency ordered and paid for before the cut off time and you will get it next day

timb533
October 24th, 2019
I ordered currency and paid by bank transfer 2 days in advance but they failed to deliver on the agreed date.

Then charged me cancellation of £65 of the £400 currency I was converting! Appalling.

I have referred this company to the Financial Conduct Authority.

Do not use them.
simal1
May 7th, 2015
I ordered my Chinese currency over the early May Bank holiday weekend (02/05/2015) and requested my currency to arrive by 16/05/2015.

The postman arrived earlier today (07/05/2015) with my currency.

It really has been a fantastic service - The rates offered by Travel FX are superior to any other rates I've seen. I would certainly recommend using them in future.
malcolms23
January 23rd, 2015
Five star service, Great Ex Rates, easy to use website, good communication re order & delivery which was super-fast. Good denomination of notes, would certainly recommend and use again! Well Done FX
kevint359
January 7th, 2019
Dreadful. This firm thinks it is ok to headline using misleading terminology! "We use next day delivery service" actually means that once they get around to popping over to the post office that is when the clock starts ticking. Ordered Friday with a date given to them as required by Monday, They offered Wednesday at the earliest! Flying Tuesday!
Disingenuous and misleading!
Jack J. – TravelFX.co.uk Rep
Hi Kevin,

Thank you for your review.

Travel FX does not offer a next day delivery service. It states in our terms and conditions which you accepted upon ordering that, “we do not recommend that you place orders if you require your funds within 2 business days of ordering”. Since you ordered your currency on a Friday and required it by the Tuesday you did not leave use with this timeframe of two business days ready for dispatch. Our website states that 'We will post your order to you anywhere in the UK insured using a next day delivery service (terms & conditions apply)'. This means, as you have said, once we dispatch your currency, it will be delivered using a Royal Mail Special delivery service which is guaranteed by 1pm the next business day. We will review this headline however as many of our customers are choosing not to read our terms & conditions and therefore thinking that the entire service is next day delivery.

Regards,
Travel FX
keithh40
January 8th, 2015
We have used FX several times and are very confident with the service they offer. System is secure and user friendly, delivery is secure and always on time, a good mix of notes and best rates of exchange. Not for Small amounts (for me that is) so the trust factor is essential./
Thanks to Steve and the team
Keith H
josephf312
November 26th, 2019
I ordered £1350 in Polish Zloty on Thursday Night for next day delivery.
On Tuesday 5 days later the currency arrived. It was over 90% 10 Zloty notes. This is the equivalent of £1 notes.
The company were not interested in my complaint. Stay far away.
seymourl10
December 10th, 2014
From my number of experiences, TFx have been consistently superior in terms of exchange rates, delivery times and personal assistance to individual customers. Perhaps what sets this firm part is that they have names and personalities; Manager Steve Luck seems particularly affable. I shall continue to use this trustworthy firm and I recommend them without reservation.
julial37
August 9th, 2016
Have used Travelfx for last five or so years, I usually give a date a day or so before I need it, so it's not held up, best to allow a three day turn around, so order day one, dispatch day two receive day three, that way you shouldn't be disappointed if you leave it till the last minute to order.
saraht67
September 15th, 2015
Impossible to fault the service I have received. 3rd time of use, their communication is excellent, my currency (Euros) has always arrived when I have asked for it by and their pricing is the best every time. I have had occasion to speak with them once and they sorted out my problem with an urgent date without fuss. Highly recommended.
leonb117
March 16th, 2020
STEAR CLEAR OF THIS! ITS FALSE ADVERTISING ON ITS BEST
If this was an honest company they would change their sales pitch to we will deliver at some point and "we will try our best to be next day" or we will sell you the burger but keep the patty.
We started our dealings with these people 4 days before our honeymoon, even in a third world country like Brazil where my fiancé is from that is plenty of time to get things sorted.
First transfer of £9k bounced back not their fault, we lost a day, and because they come out as capable of delivering your order the next day, we trusted the image of the company and placed the order again. After advising them of the delay we paid the money a second time at 1400 we heard nothing from travel fx, no emails on junk or inbox.
They close at 1630 so we assumed someone was dealing with our order and an email would follow. It did but it was at 8am the next day asking for extra security checks. The money had not been dispatched.
Called the customer service to only receive the most appaulling treatment we have ever experienced, asked to speak to the manager Darrel and it was even worst, they must be on some kind of power trip that they operate from the office of the Wolf of Wall Street
BOTTOM LINE
The only conclusion that we come to is that the 5 star reviews are fake and the only real ones are the ones to mention the delivery issues. Its almost like they try hard to not fulfil their promise.
Beware!
pault76
October 8th, 2015
I ordered late Monday pm and requested the money for the following Thursday.
It arrived on the Thursday and I was kept updated at all times.
This was so much easier and cost effective than queuing at a Bank or P. O.
Thank you.
paulw83
December 12th, 2014
Great, efficient service. Never been disappointed, even on lesser currencies. Last order was for Rubles, with only 48 hours to spare before needed.
Always have great rates.
No need to be using banks or travel agents again, when a service like this exists.
stephene15
October 12th, 2015
I've done 3 separate orders for US$ from travelfx.co.uk for varying sums all via the moneysavingexpert.com site's travelmoney comparison tool and if you follow all the instructions and submit the payment ontime then the money arrives as expected, no hitches no worries.
martind157
July 22nd, 2019
Had to give it one star because it doesn't allow ZERO. Absolute disgusting company. Read T&Cs before ordering. Gave two working days notice and MY money was taken instantly. They did not fulfil their part of the bargain! AFTER two working days they emailed to say money will be sent this afternoon and with you tomorrow = 3 working days although they claim next day in most cases. Problem I was flying at 4am the next morning. I cant instantly put my hands on another £1500 so looks like I'm about to have to tell my 8 year old son his holiday will have to be cancelled. They offered a refund IF I PAY COSTS OF £148 although they have sat on my money for 2 days and could give no guarantee of when the money will reappear in my account. THIS COMPANY ARE ONLY INTERESTED IN MAKING MONEY. THEY HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO EMPATHY OR REGARD FOR REAL PEOPLE. How they sleep at night is beyond me. Must go now to tell me son no holiday! USE THEM AT YOUR PERIL!
rimantasz
April 13th, 2017
Horrible customer service, didn't receive the dollar's I bought, or got my money back! Next day delivery? Maybe next week! Avoid!
kimd292
September 9th, 2019
***BEWARE*** of buying currency from Travel FX because although they state next day delivery at the top of their website, they do NOT guarantee it! I ordered my currency on Friday morning, expecting to get next day delivery, only to find they were planning to deliver it by 1pm on Tuesday. At the very least Travel FX should email on the day the order is placed if they can't meet their claim of next day delivery. Not only did I not receive the delivery next day on the Saturday, I didn't receive the currency on the Monday either! I just had to pay an extra £20 to receive my currency by 9am on Tuesday in order to catch my flight because they only offer 1pm delivery normally. They didn't even offer to offer to charge me the difference between 1pm and 9am next day delivery, they just charged me the whole amount. Best to order your currency at least 3 days in advance. Needless to say I won't be using them again.
Jack J. – TravelFX.co.uk Rep
Hi Kim,

Thank you for your review.

Our website states that 'We will post your order to you anywhere in the UK insured using a next day delivery service (terms & conditions apply)'. This means that once we dispatch your currency, it will be delivered using a Royal Mail Special delivery service which is guaranteed by 1pm the next business day. Delivery dates are therefore indeed not guaranteed which is clearly mentioned on our order form. Your order cannot be placed without clicking on the check box which clearly states: “I have read and agreed to the terms and conditions and I understand that delivery dates are not guaranteed”.

We state on our terms and conditions that customers should not order funds if they require them within two business days. Our terms and conditions then go into more detail about delivery including how and when we communicate with you, consequently we are comfortable that we met our obligations and you were aware of what they were prior to you ordering from us.

We are glad you received your money before your flight through Royal Mail's delivery before 9am option. In future do give whoever you decide to use a call as the customer service team can advise further on whether delivery is possible for your required date.

Regards,
Travel FX
stevel61
November 20th, 2014
Travel FX,

My order arrived today, which is nicely earlier than I asked for it. Thank you for your good service (as always).

I would like to thank you for the super fast service and great rates.

I will recommend your company to everyone.

Best wishes
S
stevej237
May 11th, 2018
Ordered tuesday came friday. Do not use this company they lie about next day delivery and blame royal mail. Avoid at all costs

Fully agree this company is so unprofessional! They had me in tears

By Vanessa s.
See more answers (2)

Hello, apologies for the delay in responding to this question. We have only just created a business account with sitejabber. We currently only offer Bank Transfer as there are additional payments with card and we are trying to keep our exchange rates low. We are however currently looking at integrating card payments into our business plan so we will keep everyone updated on that through our website and social media channels. We do not have a physical store which you can visit as we are an online only service. We use Royal Mail Special Delivery which is fully insured and a very reliable service. We hope you decide to order with us in the future. Regards, Travel FX

By Jack J.,

Hello, apologies for the delay in responding to this question. We have only just created a business account with sitejabber. We say to all of our customers to allow two full business days for delivery, however the majority of orders arrive much sooner. As soon as we dispatch your currency from our warehouse Royal Mail will deliver it by 1pm the next business day. We hope you decide to order with us in the future. Regards, Travel FX

By Jack J.,

Hello, apologies for the delay in responding to this question. We have only just created a business account with sitejabber. We say to all of our customers to allow two full business days for delivery, however the majority of orders arrive much sooner. As soon as we dispatch your currency from our warehouse Royal Mail will deliver it by 1pm the following business day. We hope you decide to order with us in the future. Regards, Travel FX

By Jack J.,

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the TravelFX.co.uk staff and other customers.

TravelFX offer the best Exchange Rates and Travel Money on a NO commissions basis with FREE delivery. For your free quote call 0207 183 7922...

Jack J.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about TravelFX.co.uk?

Have a question about TravelFX.co.uk?