Review of Tory Burch

Tel: 1-866-480-8679 (TORY)
inquiries@toryburch.com

mercedesf8
5/12/19

I recently purchased a high priced pair of shoes at Tory Burch. While I loved the shoes after wearing them one time I noticed that they were too tight- so much so that I had to take off the shoes and put on my daughters to avoid blisters. Today my daughter went to return them though it was 6 days past the 30 month refund date. I was extremly upset that there was nothign beyond stretching the shoes that they could do - not offering a pair of the same shoes, or even a cheape pair in exchange. i loved the shoes and it was mothers day so I was extremly dissapointed to learn that I couldnt get them back. I hope the stretching works, but given that this is a million dollar industry i know it wouldnt have been so out of the realm of possibility for an exchange on one pair of shoes.

lorij84
4/11/19

I purchased a pair of the new style flip flops - LIANA THONG SANDAL and they are super cute and comfortable for the 5 minutes I had them on. The sandals have rhinestones that trace the outside of the shoe and when I saw them I did think about their staying power but purchased them anyway. Well - I put them on for the first time (beautiful sunny Florida day - I wouldn't think of wearing them if rain was in the forecast) and walked to my car, realized I left something inside, so I went back inside and retrieved what I left behind and when I looked down (yup - you guessed it) - a rhinestone was missing! For almost $200 I would have thought I could get some wear out of them before they looked like cheap knockoffs! Needless to say - I didn't run my errand but hopped on my PC to create a return back to Neimans AND write this review. My advice to Tory Burch is do not release a product until it has been proven to last more than five minutes.

larab27
4/4/19

Of course they canceled my order. and I was charged for pants, they emailed me 24 hours sale, I ordered the top as well to have a match, they never send me the pants. They basically lied, it's not the first time theybdo it. Will never order from them again, because they are not reliable company with expensive staff that made in China and not a great quality. I will share my reviews. When you call them, they just don't even care

rachelc277
2/9/19

I absolutely love this bag, but the material is horrendous! I got it in white so I clean it every week as i use it quite often. It's in pebbled leather material so it's soft, but i find something WRONG with it every week! First was a long scratch and then, the leather near the lining at the back started peeling off and I ABSOLTELY DO NOT UNDERTSTAND WHY! I care for this bag dearly and i don't go throwing it around so CAN SOMEONE TELL ME WHY IS IT GETTING SO BAD? For your information, this bad has ONLY been in used for less than 2 months. I cannot even.

shelleys100
1/12/19

Poor customer service. I ordered a bag for my Birthday. I never received it. I had to request full refund.

efthimiap
12/3/18

I ordered a very expensive coat the day they had their markdowns there were 4 left in my size. They charged my credit card and told me it will be delivered in two days. 11 days later the coat hasn't arrived. I called them and asked why and they told me that it was canceled. I never cancelled it. They don't have another coat to give me now. I lost their trust and and I will never buy anything in that store again. No other store did that to me before and I order clothing in many stores in line all the time. The order was done in the store by the manager of that store.

tonyab68
9/16/18

I purchased aTB McGraw leather hobo handbag at Nordstroms in 4-2018. By 8-2018 I had gone through 3 exchanges of the same style bag. The gold grommets where the metal hoops are located for the shoulder straps pop out after about 3-4 uses. I returned the first bag through the mail, for the 2nd and 3rd I went into the store. Two different store clerks told me TB handbags are hit and miss regarding quality and are notorious for being returned due to quality issues. Will never buy anything TB again!

clairey8
9/5/18

I bought two bags from Tory burch website and there was no updates for a week after Order is CONFIRMED. I sent them numerous emails to chase up the updates and they never reply so i have to call them from Australia. You know what ? They said my order has been CANCELED , its CANCELED but no one told me or emailed me before until i called them ??What a $#*! service it is. The guy told me they will return my return in 3 days but its 3 days already and my bank said they still have not received the confirmation from the company to release the money on hold. Not gonna buy anything from you guys again !!!

kristenal
9/3/18

My husband bought me a pair of sandals for our third year anniversary (leather anniversary year). When I put them on, they felt a little small, as I have never owned a pair, and he nor I didn't know how they fit. I simply called to exchange sizes, and because he bought them during a sale, they said they couldn't do anything. I work retail for men's wearhouse, so I know about customer service. The fact that they wouldn't let me exchange them for a different size is absolute ridiculous. I don't want to return them, I just wanted to be able to wear them. Never ever buying any of their items again. EVER!

barbarab570
8/12/18

I bought a pair of Tory Burch Cecile Embellished Flat Espadrille yesterday at N. Park.
I was disappointed that my shoes were not wrap nicely in paper and I did not get a shoe bag, it's like they were just taken off the shelf and thrown in the box. This has never happen before so I was surprised when I got home to open my box of shoes that I just purchase on sale for $100.

jayneb29
8/6/18

They have had my returned item for over 14 days and have still not refunded my money. I tracked the parcel and I contacted them by phone and email. They promised to refund me last week. Still no money.

fionm
7/31/18

I have made an order from HK but regrettably to find the size is not fitted. From website it mentions clearly - free return & we can ask assitance from Tory Burch shops in buyers' cities.
I asked for help from website on exchanging size of item or make a retrun, however be informed the unreasonable delivery cost would be charged at almost USD70 nearly half price of pants (when shipping cost was only USD18 in buying process), also no exchange arrangements for countries out of US. Then I sought for assistance from HK Tory Shops but staff advised it was an out season item thus no help can be offered!!! I am so furious on the replies!!! Should I make a research on items selling online if it is on season or not?!!
It's totally a frustrated and depressed experience for my 1st shopping with Tory Burch online store and totally ruin my impression with the brand!!

debbieb304
7/27/18

I've always loved this brand, and very surprised that their customer service is so bad. I purchased an item online, and it was damaged. Send an email within 48 hrs of receiving my item with photo and receipt. Emailed 3 times and called twice. No response! Don't want any funds back, just an exchange, or even an explanation. I was expecting a lot more from Tory Burch.

sorayac
7/24/18

Purchase 2 pair of shoes on line. They shipped the wrong size and claimed they cant be returned or exchanged because it was a final sale. After 3 phone calls and 15 minutes waiting on the phone I was offered to purchase the items again and they will grant the sale price.... are you kidding me? Never again will I purchase any items from Tory Burch. Worst customer services ever.

shelleya24
7/24/18

I purchased a wallet via their online store and finally called after 2 weeks of no delivery. They had no record of my purchase or payment, yet the funds were sent to them clear as day on my American Express bill. So no I have no product and the CSRs are totally useless in helping me. They basically stole $100 from me. I am now going through American Express to dispute the charge. Ugh - what a waste of my time. I will NEVER support this company and make it a mission to spread the word about their HORRIBLE SERVICE.

anneh177
7/12/18

I went through the southwest shopping portal to buy a pair of pants from tory burch. Tory burch promised 1024 southwest miles for the purchase. Two months later they took the miles a way from me and would not give them back. When i asked why they at first stated no reason. Then after two months of pressing them they finally said i bought the pants to resell I still have the pants and i sent them a picture of them on me. They simply do NOT want to give up the miles . Lame excuse to get out of an obligation. Still not resolved 3 months later!

kathyp168
7/6/18

june 14 i place an order online
june 22 package arrived with 1 item missing. i called and was told tory burch will file a claim regarding the missing item.. the box was not tampered. i asked for claim number but did not provide one.
july 3rd called tory burch again and was told theres no answer from UPS it will take more than 8 business day.
July 6 i called UPS and theres no claim filed by Tory Burch. i called Tory Burch customer service representative acted like she did an investigation. it turns out the item was sold out and all she can do is refund me my money.

catherinec181
7/2/18

As a long term customer of Tory Birch, I was disappointed to be refused a credit or exchange on a pair of sandals never worn, with the receipt but without a box.
The same manager of the store was kind enough to accept an exchange of sandals two days before bought on the same day without a box, and never worn. She gave me a new pair without the box, which was fine.
To my surprise for the same issue of poor manufacturing, she now refused to exchange them (without the BOX.) I explained to her that I have been a loyal customer and NEVER returned anything else except the other pair of shoes (which had a torn seam).
She offered to stretch them, but I did not wish to have them stretched because the problem was with the rough leather (plastic?) used to make the shoe and with the heat of summer was very irritating to skin while walking.
When I told her she lost a customer, she told me she didn't like the conversation and walked away. If she would have explained two days before the BOX was the issue, I would not have brought it back and would not buy shoes there anymore, but would have stayed a customer. ,
The manager made it clear now, that she was sorry she exchanged the other pair and her arbitrary decisions didn't make sense. She explained it as being nice the first time????
I will no longer be buying any Tory Birch products in any stores, due to the fact customers are not valued and decisions are based on a sales or managers whim that day.

msb24
7/1/18

I've been buying at Tory Burch online for years, I love the dresses in particular.

But the customer service is *dreadful*. I've had orders cancelled without notice or consent, exchanges not acknowledged, emails about orders are almost never responded to. Almost every order something basic goes wrong. You get better service spending 50 bucks at ASOS. I put in an online order recently which was cancelled without notice, and I've sent 3 emails without a response. It's dreadful for a supposed designer brand.

The "brand" is supposed to embody travel, but they treat international customers the worst, and prices vary significantly across global boutiques (don't shop there in Singapore unless you like overpaying). If you are outside the US you might as well be in Antarctica.

It's a shame because the clothes are good quality. But I've had enough, I'm taking my money elsewhere, suggest you do too.

nicholer21
6/20/18

Purchased sandals back in April and they arrived beginning of May. They were too big so I went to exchange them in person at a Tory Burch store near me. When processing the exchange, the Tory Burch employee told me she had called Tory Burch customer care because the payment for the shoes had never been processed. *Why were the shoes delivered to me if the payment never went through*?! Anyway - the Tory Burch employee told me that customer care told her to do what she wanted and give me the shoes. The Tory Burch employee said that it was my lucky day, Merry Christmas, and that it didn't affect her inventory.

I was happy to have paid for the shoes, there was no problem there. But now, two months after I had originally ordered the shoes and a month after I made the previous exchange, I received an email from customer care saying that I need to pay $198 for the shoes where the payment didn't process? Like I said, I was happy to have paid for the shoes, but now I'm pissed off with a company who's customer service has terrible communication and feels it can charge customers $200 two months later without reaching out immediately when the issue had occurred. Not everyone has $200 laying around.

Like I said, I was happy to have paid when the issue was brought up originally, but figure out your customer care and don't let employees hand you over *free* shoes and trying to provide good customer service if your customer care department is going to screw you and your company's reputation over two months later.

janed279
5/3/18

I needed my bag repaired and they have kept my bag since March 23. I keep calling asking for status and they say they will call me back but never do.
I am never buying anything again from Tory Burch.
The staff at Short Hills Mall in NJ is just horrendous.

zekm
4/28/18

Attempted to buy a McGraw Top-Zip Cross-Body bag for my wife as a mother's day gift and instead ended up with nothing to give her as they went ahead and placed a hold on my bank account for the 263 but purchase actually did not go through. Went ahead and placed a call to customer service and was told that funds will refund in 3 banking days.

Oh Tory Burch you just made Mother's day a big let-down and disappointment for my family. Thank you and may you have the same.

lorim128
1/20/18

I recently 'attempted' to make a purchase directly through Tory Burch, as I have previously. There was an issue with the card I had on file, in that I needed to update my expiration date. I went through this process and attempted the purchase. However it would not go through. After speaking to two customer service reps they told me the issue was with my card provider and to contact my company. For kicks, I asked them to try a second card because I wanted the item, and knew I would f/u w/ my credit card company. The same message was received. When I reached out to both carriers they explained attempts had gone through on their side and authorizations were pending, ( no issue on their side). The issue was w/ the Tory Burch site. I phoned back and spoke to a third rep who seemed completely disinterested in the sale and customer and said there was nothing she could do for me. That again the issue was with my bank and the authorizations were automatic.

I personally have had good luck w/ the products. It is a shame they will lose a customer because of front line staff's actions. After me making three attempts to resolve the issue, and no assistance In getting me to anyone of higher authority
I went on to purchase two pairs of shoes w/ another store yesterday evening, from another brand. Due to their staff they lost a sale, but more importantly a long term customer.

perlitaf
1/16/18

My niece bought me a beautiful earrings fashion jewelry. When I wore it my earlobes starts to hurt. I wish they use a nickel free post., I cant even wear it,!!! It suppose to be good quality bec it's pricey, im just dissapointed,

emmam130
1/5/18

I recently ordered a bracelet from Tory Burch when it arrived it looked like something you would pick up at a car boot for a quid.
It was scratched all over and rusting inside. When I contacted customer services to complain they sent me some generated email as way of response.
Poor quality, poor customer service, poor products .... BE AWARE !!

9 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Questions? Get answers from the Tory Burch staff and other customers.

2 Photos for Tory Burch