Review of TopCV.co.uk

1/14/20
Very good very good very good 50 characters is too long
josephr638
1/13/20
A good constructive criticism that allows me to improve my CV to continue with the job search internationally.
botanyh
1/10/20
TopCV reviewed my CV and gave a thorough analysis very promptly and some very useful pointers. They are obviously after my business but they appear to demonstrate that they will do a good job. I have to say I'm quite tempted as I don't like writing CVs and I'm sure I'm not showing myself in the best light.

One thing I was picked up on was the layout. I had just used a template from Pages and I'm prepared to admit it could be done better, but I was less than impressed by the layout they had on the samples; to my eye they looked like something from the 1890s.

Part of the challenge of being a human writing a CV is that CVs are apparently often read by machines, so one of my top skills, for instance, appears to be sewage, when the line I wrote was
"I shot films for Oxford University about research projects on the brink of commercialisation and films covering sustainable science such as electricity generation from sewage and energy efficient OLED lighting.", the thrust being that you need them to write your CV so they can run it through the software and check that it looks good.

That's all OK, but I can't give 5 stars to an outfit that appear unable to see my name written across the top of the document in huge letters and call me Mr Botany House.
christianm199
1/6/20
The service of XING or LinkedIn profile adjustments ends when it should start, when changing the profile. The set target was not achieved.
folarino
12/7/19
A bit more suggestions of possible ways of adding value to a curriculum Vitae could be added. And and example of a good cover letter also to complement the cv to be used.
joaop35
11/26/19
Quick answer; very standardized- many CVs will look alike.
Good crticism, helpful insights and overall nice job.
markw968
11/20/19
Did exactly what they said they would do in a timely and efficient manner. Can't really ask for anything more.
leew374
11/18/19
Sent my CV for review, however I was a little sceptical of such services. The feedback though was pretty good and I could see where they were coming from on most points noted.
mariusz1
5/23/19
Overview of my resume was excellent. Short and simple explanations for improvement, with samples attached. As CV has to "pass" HR manager first, it has to be easy for HR use. So good job! And thanks to Jenna!
paulb1117
5/9/19
The feedback that I got back on my CV was excellent. It was very constructive and was in a language that I could understand. I also got positive comments back which was good as others have only given negative. I'd recommend TopCV :)
fredp116
5/3/19
I initially thought that TopCV would be some kind of automated, pointless service.
I was pleasantly surprised.
My CV was reviewed in a helpful and organised fashion, and key downsides were pointed out in a very (brutally) honest review!
I personally appreciate that honesty. It means that I know what I have to work on, as opposed to feeling satisfied and comfortable with my CV, which could have done me a great disservice later!
carlottam2
5/3/19
I genuinely appreciated the feedback they provided on my CV, they were honest and to the point, with practical tips to improve many aspects of my writing. I was very satisfied with the service!
jodieh46
5/3/19
Had great advice for my cv. Very helpful not pushy and I've got myself a job! Great result would highly recommend
liams50
4/30/19
TopCV as managed to help give me key points in my CV that I could either work on or change to a more professional approach. Furthermore, they have also help to enhance my use of vocabulary when writing a CV and understanding of what employers are expecting to read from the CV
nicolas55
4/7/19
I had been using my old CV on an online job site and received an email from Jenna at TopCV explaining that I could send my CV to her and she would review it. I was 100% sceptical but desperate, so I uploaded it and was amazed to get an extremely useful review back the next day. It looked so professional that I thought it was a generic review at first but I realised that my own words and phrases were quoted and I then took it as a serious aid and followed Jenna's advice to completely transform my CV into a much improved version. I was then able to upload my CV and a potential employer had already noted that it is excellent. It is helping me to sell myself effectively to the right employers.
I was then offered a check of my new version for a fee but I didn't feel that I needed to do that. I've recommended the service to my boyfriend because he is looking for a job over 65k and I can see from Jenna's advice that he could improve it with support.
Overall, the CV review was unexpectedly useful.
binht7
4/7/19
The review had many good comments and pointed out weaknesses and flaws I never thought of. For a free CV review, it is a mistake not to try them!
kimf176
4/5/19
I thought my CV was great until I had it critiqued. When I read the report it made sense as to where I had gone wrong. I took on board the suggestions and now it is much more professional. I only used the free service but that was helpful.
shailendrap2
4/4/19
I got my existing CV critiqued and reviewed by TopCV recently. I received a prompt review of it without 48 hours and it has been very helpful for me. I re-wrote my CV based on the points they mention in the review.

The reviewer analyzed the CV on the basis of overall appearance, formatting of text and use of language. It gave me feedback on how can I improve my chances against the automatic CV/resume analysis tools that are largely used by corporations to analyze these documents.
joshuak108
4/4/19
Honestly thus helped me a lot to fix my CV so I can apply for apprenticeships. I would definitely recommend this so you can have a highly professional CV.
iant84
11/27/18
I was very happy with the level of customer service and professionalism that I was subjected to.I am happy with the suggestions made regarding my CV and the WIP copy is certainly looking very good.
petrd2
10/11/18
Very good experience with the service of TopCV.
Professional approach, fast reaction and clarity in communication.
First positive reaction to CV upgrade.
jonathans267
8/4/18
The feedback on my CV provided some invaluable comments. Well worth reading the review of my CV by Topcv.co.uk
edgare16
5/26/18
Really useful feedback. They gave some helpful tips on how I can improve my CV in order for it to stand out more...for free
viswask
4/19/18
Excellent insights, thank you for the detailed review. It was remarkable. The review time was short and the feedback provided me with a critical appreciation of my resume!! Thanks a lot!!
kyriacoss
3/6/18
They provided a thorough and detailed feedback and suggestions with regards to my CV. Please with the service and will surely recommend.

Hi Liz, We do offer LinkedIn services. We'll help you write a profile statement, as well as help you list out your experiences.

By Jenna M.

Hi Phoebe, Great question. In total the process typically takes one to two weeks to get your perfect CV. For more information on our services, please visit: https://www.topcv.co.uk/faq

By Jenna M.

Congratulations. Your cv is under review by Top.cv team. You'll will be contacted by gmail shortly in couple of days after thorough review. This review is FREE OF COST. However, if you seek help from professional cv writer to rectify the shortcomings of your cv, if any, then payment is the option. But, I assure you that this is going to be a THRILLING EXPERIENCE. Thanks

By Muhammad M.

Questions? Get answers from the TopCV.co.uk staff and other customers.

6 Photos for TopCV.co.uk