TopCV UK

TopCV UK has a consumer rating of 4.43 stars from 399 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally satisfied with their purchases. TopCV UK also ranks 5th among Essay Writing sites.

• very quick turnaround every time I sent feedback and really happy with the end result.
  • Within 24 hours of uploading my CV I have received a couple of responses.

• I engaged CVnow after their free CV review service.
  • I signed up for the full service costing £219 to re write my CV, cover letter and Linkedin profile.
How would you rate TopCV UK?

“CV and cover letter”

Mihai B.
2/18/20

The received CV is written skilfully, presenting my potential and my achievements in the best way. I must admit that I wouldn't had been able to compose it by myself and to reach the form which was sent to me by the TopCV writer. But with the Cover Letter , I think it isn't quite what I was expecting and it is possible my fault for not explaining much clearer some things. So, I can honestly say that it's deserving 4 stars from 5, or mark 8 from 10 and definitely I recommend theirs services

“There is nothing good in my CV”

Daniel H.
2/2/20

I had my CV vetted by several executive search firms. I applied the changes and got a thumbs up. However according to you, my CV is miserable. For the average job seeker you are aggressively appealing to their insecurity - to make money. Nothing negative about providing services and making money, but the approach counts. I do not understand, why a renowned service like experteer gives you a card Blanche to connect to customers. And finally, adding re-captcha to this simple question is pretentious.

cv review (25) linkedin profile (10) end result (6) 24 hours (5) cover letter (25) 2 weeks (6) 48 hours (6) cv critique (7) executive package (5) katie warren (5) great service (8) cvnow team (3)
mihaib10
February 18th, 2020
josephr638
January 13th, 2020
Verified purchase
A good constructive criticism that allows me to improve my CV to continue with the job search internationally.
botanyh
January 10th, 2020
Verified purchase
TopCV reviewed my CV and gave a thorough analysis very promptly and some very useful pointers. They are obviously after my business but they appear to demonstrate that they will do a good job. I have to say I'm quite tempted as I don't like writing CVs and I'm sure I'm not showing myself in the best light.

One thing I was picked up on was the layout. I had just used a template from Pages and I'm prepared to admit it could be done better, but I was less than impressed by the layout they had on the samples; to my eye they looked like something from the 1890s.

Part of the challenge of being a human writing a CV is that CVs are apparently often read by machines, so one of my top skills, for instance, appears to be sewage, when the line I wrote was
"I shot films for Oxford University about research projects on the brink of commercialisation and films covering sustainable science such as electricity generation from sewage and energy efficient OLED lighting.", the thrust being that you need them to write your CV so they can run it through the software and check that it looks good.

That's all OK, but I can't give 5 stars to an outfit that appear unable to see my name written across the top of the document in huge letters and call me Mr Botany House.
auroral12
March 10th, 2020
Verified purchase
It really helped to make my cv better by myself considering all suggestions it gave me, but there is no need to send emails offering you to buy the cv done, one is enough.
ramiy2
February 18th, 2020
Verified purchase
The service level and speed of delivery is outstanding... looking forward to seeing the improvment on grapping more attention with the new format.
andrewi74
March 31st, 2020
Verified purchase
Great experience. I had a good time with Heather in my CV project and lindekln.
christianm199
January 6th, 2020
Verified purchase
The service of XING or LinkedIn profile adjustments ends when it should start, when changing the profile. The set target was not achieved.
claudioc29
January 14th, 2020
Very good very good very good 50 characters is too long
bertb47
February 21st, 2020
Verified purchase
Everything went fine and in time.
Very professional writers.
Tks,
Bert
leew374
November 18th, 2019
Verified purchase
Sent my CV for review, however I was a little sceptical of such services. The feedback though was pretty good and I could see where they were coming from on most points noted.
fredp116
May 3rd, 2019
I initially thought that TopCV would be some kind of automated, pointless service.
I was pleasantly surprised.
My CV was reviewed in a helpful and organised fashion, and key downsides were pointed out in a very (brutally) honest review!
I personally appreciate that honesty. It means that I know what I have to work on, as opposed to feeling satisfied and comfortable with my CV, which could have done me a great disservice later!
folarino
December 7th, 2019
Verified purchase
A bit more suggestions of possible ways of adding value to a curriculum Vitae could be added. And and example of a good cover letter also to complement the cv to be used.
liams50
April 30th, 2019
TopCV as managed to help give me key points in my CV that I could either work on or change to a more professional approach. Furthermore, they have also help to enhance my use of vocabulary when writing a CV and understanding of what employers are expecting to read from the CV
markw968
November 20th, 2019
Verified purchase
Did exactly what they said they would do in a timely and efficient manner. Can't really ask for anything more.
jodieh46
May 3rd, 2019
Had great advice for my cv. Very helpful not pushy and I've got myself a job! Great result would highly recommend
joaop35
November 26th, 2019
Verified purchase
Quick answer; very standardized- many CVs will look alike.
Good crticism, helpful insights and overall nice job.
shailendrap2
April 4th, 2019
I got my existing CV critiqued and reviewed by TopCV recently. I received a prompt review of it without 48 hours and it has been very helpful for me. I re-wrote my CV based on the points they mention in the review.

The reviewer analyzed the CV on the basis of overall appearance, formatting of text and use of language. It gave me feedback on how can I improve my chances against the automatic CV/resume analysis tools that are largely used by corporations to analyze these documents.
paulb1117
May 9th, 2019
The feedback that I got back on my CV was excellent. It was very constructive and was in a language that I could understand. I also got positive comments back which was good as others have only given negative. I'd recommend TopCV :)
petrd2
October 11th, 2018
Very good experience with the service of TopCV.
Professional approach, fast reaction and clarity in communication.
First positive reaction to CV upgrade.
binht7
April 7th, 2019
The review had many good comments and pointed out weaknesses and flaws I never thought of. For a free CV review, it is a mistake not to try them!
mariusz1
May 23rd, 2019
Overview of my resume was excellent. Short and simple explanations for improvement, with samples attached. As CV has to "pass" HR manager first, it has to be easy for HR use. So good job! And thanks to Jenna!
markn103
July 22nd, 2017
Final product definitely far more polished and professional than before although I've not had any more interview take ups yet than before. It took a while to get to the final product with me needing to correct numerous grammatical and stylistic errors but overall a friendly and polished service that appears to be pretty good. At times it did feel a bit as though sentences from a CV manual were being added together in slightly random fashion but we got there in the end!
kimf176
April 5th, 2019
I thought my CV was great until I had it critiqued. When I read the report it made sense as to where I had gone wrong. I took on board the suggestions and now it is much more professional. I only used the free service but that was helpful.
markp210
September 21st, 2017
I found this a helpful service. I didn't request a paid for cv, but I did find the free feedback useful and the view from the Applicant Tracking Service perspective very useful. (I was quite pleased with how this got my key information across in my existing cv.) The advice to focus on my "active voice" and the "what I delivered" not my "passive voice" and "what I did" angle is also one that although I have heard before helps me understand the market place expectations and what my competition are doing. Thank you CVNow.
nicolas55
April 7th, 2019
I had been using my old CV on an online job site and received an email from Jenna at TopCV explaining that I could send my CV to her and she would review it. I was 100% sceptical but desperate, so I uploaded it and was amazed to get an extremely useful review back the next day. It looked so professional that I thought it was a generic review at first but I realised that my own words and phrases were quoted and I then took it as a serious aid and followed Jenna's advice to completely transform my CV into a much improved version. I was then able to upload my CV and a potential employer had already noted that it is excellent. It is helping me to sell myself effectively to the right employers.
I was then offered a check of my new version for a fee but I didn't feel that I needed to do that. I've recommended the service to my boyfriend because he is looking for a job over 65k and I can see from Jenna's advice that he could improve it with support.
Overall, the CV review was unexpectedly useful.

Hi Liz, We do offer LinkedIn services. We'll help you write a profile statement, as well as help you list out your experiences.

By Jenna M.