Review of ResumeGenius

Tel: 866-215-9048
juan@resumegenius.com

tylerl89
5/16/19

I used this website to format my resume, and I paid for them to do it. I was reasonably happy with the formatting, but I was unknowingly subscribed for a $38 monthly charge and was immediately emailed by someone from the company saying that my resume was poorly formatted and baldly worded and that I should pay one of their consultants to adjust it.

sarahr319
5/14/19

I made my resume and cover letter and I was super excited about it. It looked really good and my mom, who worked HR for 20 years, thought it looked great. When I went to download it, the page said that I needed to pay $1.95 to get access to it. So I did that. It ended up being a 14-day free trial so I signed up for it and then immediately cancelled. I thought that maybe I had just thought that I had and had really forgotten until I started reading the reviews on here. Now I'm sure that I cancelled it but it must not have been processed. The only receipt I got was the one for $1.95 so I didn't realize they were charging me $39.95 PER MONTH until I went to the grocery store and realized I had only $3 in my account. The second charge just happened a few days ago and I have NEVER used the service other than to download the resume and cover letter I paid for and they wouldn't refund me even for that charge. I told them very clearly that I can't buy groceries or fill my gas tank because of them! I'm struggling as it is, I can't afford the $80 they snuck down the drain. I mean, they didn't send any receipts for the two charges. I would have seen it if they had! They're not banking on people loving their product (which I would if they had lower prices and better customer service), they're banking on people not cancelling their accounts so they can charge them however much they want and not give them refunds. It's terrible.

Tip for consumers: Don't use it. Period.

brianj272
5/13/19

My wife built a resume and canceled the subscription the next day. Apparently their server didn't process the cancellation. I have been unavailable (US Military) to handle the issue and they continued to bill us. I finally called them and was told that I have to go into my browser history and send them a copy showing the access to the link!! We keep our history clean and don't allow cookies (antivirus software recommendation). I told them to check the server logs and they will see she did the cancellation, they said they can't do that. TERRIBLE customer service!! Then the guy tried to ask me if I get a refund for TV I don't watch!! I told him if I cancel a cable service and they bill me anyway, THE PROCESS THE DAMN REFUND!! I gave 1 star because 0 was not an option!

boor1
5/10/19

Don't waste your time or money! All they did was tell me that I had too many bullet points and point out that my address was duplicated by their resume builder. I input all of my information thinking they would build a professional resume and all they came back with was what I SHOULD DO TO FIX IT!!! Even their responses had typos in it and when I asked if this was all they were going to do, they just responded by saying that they cancelled my account. I only gave one star because "no star" was not an option!

ethanh74
5/9/19

Resume Genius is very efficient, the builder is very easy to use. Very informative critique of my resume with detailed tips on how to improve upon it. Best resume builder I've ever used.

ashtonl10
5/8/19

I was charged incorrectly and told a refund would be issued in 510 days. It's day 13 and I haven't heard from anyone.

coddiet
4/22/19

I signed up for the 14 day free trial to change a few things to a previous resume (that I was charged $49 for even though I canceled but I thought it was a fluke) then canceled right away. I was unaware that I was supposed to receive a cancelation email. I called today after I saw the $49 charge. I was told that unless I had the email that I could not be refunded, for the 2nd time. I asked to speak to a supervisor and the employee said I can gaurantee you will receive the same response. That is your customer service!? I am clearly not the only one to experience this. What a scam!!! I will be reporting them to the better business bureau.

tisham8
4/20/19

I had an issue with being charged a bill when I shouldn't have. Without hesitation Mr. Mark took care of the situation.

territ81
4/20/19

I signed up in April of 2018 w/Resume Genius. Prior to entering any cc info I asked by e-mail if the was a one year-one time charge and not an auto renewal once they got your cc info. The gal who answered me assured me that it was one time and that i'd Receive an e-mail about 2 weeks prior to the expiration date if I wanted to renew. Never received any e-mail and on 4/15 they debuted my checking account for two amounts. When I called and spoke with someone they put me on hold for 5-10 minutes and came back to tell me that they had no record of any e-mails or chats. They would not let me cancel and get a refund even though it was just 2 days after the debit and I hadn't received the supposed e-mail offering me renewal. They even charged me an international fee as explained the girl they are an international company. Total bad business and rude customer service, stay away.

monicar143
4/17/19

Very fast turn around time over the weekend when requesting a review on my resume. Very helpful tips! Would highly recommend this service to anyone that's struggling with their resume.

audreym95
4/14/19

Great customer service. Professional product, ease of use, variety of product and very helpful. Thank you!

ashleyl225
4/11/19

I canceled my subscription however was still charged. Spoke with someone and said it wasn't their fault I was charged and my cancelation wasn't successful. I will never use this company again.

saml219
4/11/19

Canceled my account but they still billed me. When I asked for a refund they said there was nothing they could do

ck190
4/9/19

So they help you with your resume using the template. But to get a usable copy you have to join for a low 1.95 fee for 14 days. Then it's renewed for 54.....every month.
No reminders or receipts. Complete con!

valentinek6
4/9/19

The service provide by this business is fraudulent because I was charged for services I didn't get nor use.

rubyl46
4/9/19

Customer service was helpful but I did not get a refund.
After the 14 day trial I cancelled my subscription a day late and emailed them asking if I could a refund for the charge made to my account. I had no interest in using their service and wanted my money back. They said I was responsible for the charge made which I understand. I am still really upset that I wasn't able to get my money back.

isacke
4/5/19

I would never use your website again you lie about what your website says and don't give the people using your site a choice of paying for the year long membership and you lie about sending emails also

josslannc
4/5/19

This is absolutely awful. They don't come right out and tell you that they are going to charge you and that it's a membership. Being new to writing resumes, I turned to think place for help and instead I got charged $40+ for something I'm sure I could've made at home for free. They tell you it only costs a couple dollars, but then after a few weeks they end up charging you an extra $40. I emailed customer support asking for a refund and they told me it was going to take 5-10 days for it to go back into my account. I felt a little better after that, but it's been 2 weeks and my card got charged and I haven't heard from them yet. Definitely pissed considering I did this so I could get money instead of lose so much money when I'm unemployed and can't afford it. This place is a joke and a downright scam. Charging $40+ for one resume is an absolute rip off. Please head my warning!!!

talyas5
4/4/19

It's helps a lot when getting a cover letter and a resume done but if they are going to make you pay a one time fee of $1.95 just to get it sent to you, you shouldn't have to charge them 40$ every month after. There is NO ONE who is going to need to enter that account every month. And now I've been waiting for my refund for almost two weeks now and still haven't seen it. This is a joke.

meganl112
4/2/19

Used website to build decent looking resume. But then I asked for critique to improve it and I got extremely general feedback like "go read our tips for career objectives at [URL]"... except I already used their website to build that career objective so it should already meet their criteria/suggestions.
I shouldn't have to enter credit card info and sign up for a free trial to just get directed to look at their website more.
If I thought I could handle my resume myself, I would have just done it myself and not asked for assistance.
Hopefully cancellation goes through.

jl352
3/23/19

Canceled free trial and still billed. Took five different contact methods to finally get refund. Very difficult to work with and would definitely not recommend. Finally threatened to log a fraud case with the credit card company and a refund posted within hours.

blakee12
3/20/19

On the page with the "Download" button, right click the completed resume and select "Save as...". Save onto desktop. Google "svg to pdf", and use a website to convert to pdf for free. Boom.

jessieb79
3/20/19

I needed a good resume and found that ResumeGenuis had some pretty good layouts and designs. I created my resume and it did come out nice looking and professional. However, the price they charge after a month is absolutely ridiculous. I could see a one time charge for $50 would be okay but $50 A MONTH?? Is somebody going to be actively looking for a job that long?? So when I requested to cancel it, they did. I got an email requesting a refund and it's been 3 weeks since I've had that email and it stated that it would take 5-10 business days to receive the refund. I'm going to go ahead and assume that I won't be receiving my money at this point considering the bad reviews I did not see before. Terrible terrible business practice.

danc359
3/14/19

Really great advise. Great work!
Helped alot thank you so much.for guiding me into to the right direction

tiffanys185
3/11/19

The page kept glitching. The words I was typing was popping up twice so in other words my sentences for my job description would look like this: I once worked at Goodwill Industries an I had to sort through clothesclothes. My page kept freezing up an it kept making me fill in blanks I had already filled in.

Hello Cindy, I want to apologize for the experience you had while using our site. We will investigate the interaction with the agent you spoke to and take disciplinary action if needed. In the meantime, I wish to rectify this situation ASAP. Please contact me via e-mail so I can offer you a prompt resolution. betty@resumegenius.com I look forward to hearing from you. Regards, Betty Ko Customer Service Manager Resume Genius

By Juan A., ResumeGenius Representative

They stole my money! 240 bucks! I also went to the bank to dispute them.

By Queila O.

We were not aware of this situation and will take disciplinary action if necessary. Thanks for bringing this up to our attention. We believe the reason this may have occurred is because the agent wanted to show the accounting department that he could turn a negativen experience into a positive one. However it will be addressed accordingly. Are you seeking a refund?

By Juan A., ResumeGenius Representative

Hello Ana, Our cover letter templates are drafted by our Certified Resume Writers. It's a very useful guide and will help you land interviews faster. Make sure the info you input on the cover letter builder coincides with what you place on your resume. For more information on how to write a cover letter please check the following link. https://resumegenius.com/cover-letters-the-how-to-guide

By Juan A., ResumeGenius Representative

Hello Edward, I want to apologize for the experience you had while using our site. We will investigate the interaction with the agent you spoke to and take disciplinary action if needed. In the meantime, I wish to rectify this situation ASAP. Please contact me via e-mail so I can offer you a prompt resolution. betty@resumegenius.com I look forward to hearing from you. Regards, Betty Ko Customer Service Manager Resume Genius

By Juan A., ResumeGenius Representative

Hello Kevin, I want to extend my sincerest apologies for the negative experience you had with our customer service. If you would like to download your Resume and you are still signed in. Simply click on this link: https://app.resumegenius.com/resumes This will take you back to the resume you created and allow you to DOWNLOAD, EDIT & PREVIEW. Click on "Download Resume" and choose between Word, PDF or TEXT formats. Please be sure to Save all your work by scrolling down and clicking "Save and Continue" at the bottom of each section. IF YOU ARE NOT SIGNED IN please open a new window in your browser, then go to: https://app.resumegenius.com - log in and follow the instructions above. Check out this video, which shows you how to use our resume builder easily. https://vimeo.com/114529272 Only our TEXT format is FREE. (all other services require a minimum payment of $1.95) A fee is charged if you want to email, fax, print your resume, create an unlimited amount of resumes or desire to download your resume as a PDF or Word document. The fee to have access to all these features is $1.95 for a 14-day trial with the ability to cancel at any time if you do not need it after that period (See Terms of Use). In order to further assist you please call us at 1-866-215-9048 (Monday-Friday, 8AM-12AM EST). You can also email us at any time at support@resumegenius.com.

By Juan A., ResumeGenius Representative

Hello Linda, Not sure which skills to put on a resume for your industry? Having trouble deciding what skills are right for your resume? Our resume skills section guide shows you how to list, re-iterate, and expand upon your abilities that are relevant to your target job. This guide will cover all the best skills for resumes, as well as exactly how to properly showcase them on your resume. https://resumegenius.com/how-to-write-a-resume/skills-section-writing-guide

By Juan A., ResumeGenius Representative

Hello Debbie, The information regarding our Subscription Service can be located in our Terms of Use, Plan Comparison, Sales Receipt, Plan Information, and Alerts. The cancellation process is very simple: Log in > My Account >> Plan Information >>> Cancel. ResumeGenius.com provides a full refund to customers who are still within their 14-day trial subscription term. Customers who wish to redeem a refund must contact customer service prior to the end of their trial subscription term either by calling customer support at (866) 215-9048, emailing support@resumegenius.com, or by using live chat via ResumeGenius.com.

By Juan A., ResumeGenius Representative

Hello Melissa, Yes, you can update your information from the website free of charge. Please let me know if you have any other questions :)

By Juan A., ResumeGenius Representative
Questions? Get answers from the ResumeGenius staff and other customers.

ResumeGenius?
Consumer Alert

Sitejabber has been notified that this business has offered discounts, coupons or other compensation in exchange for positive reviews. This behavior is in direct violation of our guidelines and contravenes our mission of increasing online transparency. We wanted you to know because the manipulation of reviews is harmful to consumers and unfair to other businesses.