ResumeGenius

ResumeGenius has a consumer rating of 4.43 stars from 25,254 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally satisfied with their purchases. ResumeGenius also ranks 5th among Resume sites.

This company responds to reviews on average within 2 days

Positive reviews (last 12 months): 84.5%
20,610
2,269
1,501

• Great service, but have to make a note to cancel so I'm not overcharged later.
  • Great experience and quick to use to create a cover letter or resume.

• Eric N was the customer service agent that said he would help me get my refund.
  • Thought this was a great program to help me effortlessly put my resume together.
How would you rate ResumeGenius?

“Nursing skills are specialty areas not actual skills”

Arndt W.
1/23/20

Nursing skills are specialty areas not actual skills. Auto-correct doesn't seem to work on every area. Building my resume took much longer than 20 minutes. Very easy to use and edit. Love that I don't have to format. Not sure if there is an option to change the color of certain templates but that would be nice if that feature were available. Pleased so far but the most frustrating part was trying to pick skills for work history and for career objective!

“Not free, as advertised”

Jones H.
6/12/20

Not free, as advertised. Paid the $2 for the "trial" period of 14 days just so i didn't lose all the hard work i spent hours on entering into their template. Clear pricing upon initiation of the resume builder would be appreciated and much more well-received than being forced into it for fear of losing all the work I had done. Unfair business model. Deceiving and the help chat wasn't helpful either.

Reviews (25,254)

great service (206) great experience (179) great site (111) great website (63) credit card (93) great tool (74) bullet points (58) great templates (61) customer service (66) great job (51) good experience (64) great app (43)
taisiyat1
January 2nd, 2020
Verified purchase
I appreciate everything - beautiful choices, easy help and navigation, etc. - great design and formulation of the website. One thing - Please think of a way to allow more editing - like rearranging the job experiences between each other (despite of dates, if need be), or not including a field, such as months or Street Address *maybe by not requiring those fields and making them a choice?

Otherwise - thanks!
Reason I chose this business: Low Price, lots of choices, loved the designs, and the unlimited access. Keep it up! BTW - it asks below if you should follow up with me about my order. I'm going to mention yes just to give you the chance to reach out to me with any clarifications. Other than what I mentioned, that's all I have to say! :)
arndtw
January 23rd, 2020
Verified purchase
Reason I chose this business: For a fast, easy, and professional looking resume.
chasityp10
June 5th, 2020
Verified purchase
Great resume builder! They gave easy bulletin point suggestions about my job description duties that made it sound more professional than I ever could imagine. Very impressed & will use for all my future resume writing.
Reason I chose this business: Honestly just ran across them after googling resume template. Glad I clicked on ResumeGenius. Love the website!
sydneym86
March 24th, 2020
Verified purchase
Wish there was more of a warning that I would have to pay. It makes sense, every one has to make money but it was advertised as free so I spent a lot of time making my resume only to have to pay at the end. Didn't want to give up all the progress I had made so I paid for it. Also, the prices seem high for what your website offers. Why would someone pay so much for resume/cover letters? How many resumes does one person make a year?
Reason I chose this business: Because I thought it was going to be free. Lots of templates to choose from and was simple to get through.
gabriellef13
February 16th, 2020
Verified purchase
This was so easy and convenient. WHAT A LIFE SAVER! Kudos to the team that made this possible. One less headache for me entering the world of job searches again. I'm actually excited this time around. THANK YOU.
christinad227
June 24th, 2020
Verified purchase
I started building my resume because I thought everything would be free. It says "no registration or CC" Clever advertising, but to be frank, Im quite pissed off. I ended up going through with the trial purchase because I spent so much time on the resume and it would be a loss if I didn't buy. I think you need to state more clearly that certain resume templates are not free. Probably won't recommend this website.
Reason I chose this business: Because I thought it would be free

ResumeGenius attempted to help this customer through the Sitejabber Resolution Center, but the customer did not respond

darlishab
May 4th, 2020
Verified purchase
Wonderfully created! Helped me out a ton since words were not coming to me that truly described all positions i have held over the past few year.
Reason I chose this business: I need a job asap and i know that this resource will help
austint72
May 12th, 2020
Verified purchase
Very easy to use and took no time at all and came out looking more professional than I would have ever made on my own. Highly satisfied!
Reason I chose this business: Needed a quick way to make a resume
craigm433
February 29th, 2020
Verified purchase
The website itself is fantastic, making a resume is absurdly easy and the templates are beautiful. However, its limited in the ability to edit templates once they are made. Part of my resume was class experience and I cant add a section describing my work in those classes. Small complaint but I imagine I'm not the only one to have this problem. Also, they don't tell you it costs money at the outset. Its cheap, but a statement beforehand would be moral.
Reason I chose this business: First non-paid google result
laureng239
June 22nd, 2020
Verified purchase
Awesome tool to use when you've been out of the business for a while! I haven't written a resume in years and this made it super easy!
jonesh26
June 12th, 2020
Verified purchase
Reason I chose this business: Because I was searching for a more modern resume format. Had I been presented with the pricing before inputting all of my information, I would have been much much more willing to pay for a trial (even though use of the term trial is misleading, since trials are typically free.)

melissag632
February 27th, 2020
Verified purchase
Nice layout and I like the input method. I just wish the job duty descriptions were better. Also would be great to just fix things after it previews the document instead of having to go back to the different categories. Made it hard to figure out what it would look like and hard to work with formatting issues. But still, a very pleasant option versus creating one from scratch!
Reason I chose this business: Thought the job descriptions to pull down would be a little more dynamic so would be worth paying. Still a good price for the service.
michaels4636
July 13th, 2020
Verified purchase
In your IT sections, add more references/terminology for Software Testing, specifically Automation Testing. Most software companies currently have Software Testers and many are turning to automation on a near daily basis, so adding a few keywords/descriptions might help with getting more positive customer feedback. Thanks.
Reason I chose this business: Read good reviews online
dzesikap
June 22nd, 2020
Verified purchase
Loved how easy they made it to generate a summary for my resume... a few questions yielded a beautifully written objective statement. Awesome!
Reason I chose this business: First resume app I found.
ashleek6
February 14th, 2020
Verified purchase
• Updated review
Advertised as free, but to actually download the resume you create, you have to sign up. Ok, but any details like the color options are NOT actually available through this service. So, for example, if you choose a format with blue highlights, your download will be black and white. When you ask, they tell you to download it into Word and edit it. Formats are nice, different, and the process is very easy to use, however.
Reason I chose this business: Google search
Reason I chose this product: Looks different, eye catching. But then the color aspect that I liked, wasn't actually what I downloaded

You advertise it as free, then charge to actually use/downlo...
February 13th, 2020
• Previous review
You advertise it as free, then charge to actually use/download the resume? Bait
Reason I chose this business: Google search

leonr61
March 20th, 2020
Verified purchase
Not bad took me a little while to get the hang of it. But after this is really great tool.
I am okay right now
Reason I chose this business: Search internet
tylere48
March 3rd, 2020
Verified purchase
Good platform. There was nothing about needing to pay until I had already spent an hour+ on creating my resume. If you don't mind paying the $2 for a 14 day trial, it's a good platform. Just remember to cancel in time or you get charged for a full month of access at a much higher rate.
Reason I chose this business: Found on Google
racheld673
July 2nd, 2020
Verified purchase
I think like everyone else has stated, user friendly but NOT free. Kinda shady they wait til the end then give you the option for a 3 dollar trial which you will be automatically charged something like 25 bucks after it ends. Again, like everyone else, I wasn't going to do all the work then say forget it so they got my money. Resume looks professional, at least.
monicam412
June 26th, 2020
Verified purchase
Amazing how user friendly this whole experience has been. In no time at all I had a very professional looking resume that hopefully will result in landing my dream job!
Reason I chose this business: My wife used ResumeGenius and could stop talking about how easy the whole process was in order to create a great looking resume, and she said I would be taking a step backwards if I did not give it a try!
jasminp19
June 7th, 2020
Verified purchase
Very quick and easy resume building. Extremely helpful when you have trouble writing your experience into words. Easy website to follow.
brendab828
July 24th, 2020
Verified purchase
Easy to use and can make your resume look professional. But wish there was a summary option rather than a career opportunity.
Reason I chose this business: I needed help making my resume professional looking to grab attention from my competition.
rebekahc27
February 9th, 2020
Verified purchase
So far very good. Nice format options. Doesn't take an exorbitant amount of time and really reduced the stress that can be involved with creating a resume
bridgeth58
May 18th, 2020
Verified purchase
First time using and hope it helps. Will rate more stars after seeing results. Quick and very user friendly to navigate.
Reason I chose this business: Needed help with a resume
noahb80
March 5th, 2020
Verified purchase
Its easy to use. Price is worth the simplicity. Would highly recommend for people who are making their first resume
miquoniaj
March 12th, 2020
Verified purchase
Thanks i love the outline you guys provided. It made the process of building a resume so much more easier
Reason I chose this business: Roaming around on google

They stole my money! 240 bucks! I also went to the bank to dispute them.

By Queila O.
See more answers (4)

We were not aware of this situation and will take disciplinary action if necessary. Thanks for bringing this up to our attention. We believe the reason this may have occurred is because the agent wanted to show the accounting department that he could turn a negativen experience into a positive one. However it will be addressed accordingly. Are you seeking a refund?

See more answers (3)

Hello Claudia, I want to apologize for the experience you had while using our site. Please contact me via e-mail so I can offer you a prompt resolution. betty@resumegenius.com I look forward to hearing from you. Regards, Betty Ko Customer Service Manager Resume Genius

By Juan A., Director of Operations

Hello Debbie, The information regarding our Subscription Service can be located in our Terms of Use, Plan Comparison, Sales Receipt, Plan Information, and Alerts. The cancellation process is very simple: Log in > My Account >> Plan Information >>> Cancel. ResumeGenius.com provides a full refund to customers who are still within their 14-day trial subscription term. Customers who wish to redeem a refund must contact customer service prior to the end of their trial subscription term either by calling customer support at (866) 215-9048, emailing support@resumegenius.com, or by using live chat via ResumeGenius.com.

By Juan A., Director of Operations

Hello Cindy, I want to apologize for the experience you had while using our site. We will investigate the interaction with the agent you spoke to and take disciplinary action if needed. In the meantime, I wish to rectify this situation ASAP. Please contact me via e-mail so I can offer you a prompt resolution. betty@resumegenius.com I look forward to hearing from you. Regards, Betty Ko Customer Service Manager Resume Genius

See more answers (4)

Hello Edward, I want to apologize for the experience you had while using our site. We will investigate the interaction with the agent you spoke to and take disciplinary action if needed. In the meantime, I wish to rectify this situation ASAP. Please contact me via e-mail so I can offer you a prompt resolution. betty@resumegenius.com I look forward to hearing from you. Regards, Betty Ko Customer Service Manager Resume Genius

See more answers (3)

Hello Ana, Our cover letter templates are drafted by our Certified Resume Writers. It's a very useful guide and will help you land interviews faster. Make sure the info you input on the cover letter builder coincides with what you place on your resume. For more information on how to write a cover letter please check the following link. https://resumegenius.com/cover-letters-the-how-to-guide

See more answers (3)

Hello Rinita, We can only provide feedback on how you can enhance your Cover Letter or Resume. However, we advise you use our partners at https://resumewriterdirect.com They can help you with writing a resume and cover letter from scratch. https://resumewriterdirect.com