Review of ResumeGenius

Tel: 866-215-9048
juan@resumegenius.com

taniat24
3/25/19

It's very helpful and easy to understand. They provide quality work. As a students I learn something from the site.

adaleyp
3/25/19

I had some issues with my account cancellation so I called their costumer support number and spoke to Anna, she was very kind and helpful in getting me the information I needed to properly Handle my situation. I then emailed support and they promptly responded and resolved my issue.

jl352
3/23/19

Canceled free trial and still billed. Took five different contact methods to finally get refund. Very difficult to work with and would definitely not recommend. Finally threatened to log a fraud case with the credit card company and a refund posted within hours.

tylers179
3/21/19

I used Resume Genius when I thought a new job was on the horizon. Things changed, and I dropped the ball on cancelling my membership. They quickly and courteously handled my request for a cancellation and refund in the same day! I really couldnt ask for any more! Thanks again!

rebeccat146
3/20/19

Excellent customer service and quick resolutions to questions asked. Friendly staff and website is user friendly.

blakee12
3/20/19

On the page with the "Download" button, right click the completed resume and select "Save as...". Save onto desktop. Google "svg to pdf", and use a website to convert to pdf for free. Boom.

jessieb79
3/20/19

I needed a good resume and found that ResumeGenuis had some pretty good layouts and designs. I created my resume and it did come out nice looking and professional. However, the price they charge after a month is absolutely ridiculous. I could see a one time charge for $50 would be okay but $50 A MONTH?? Is somebody going to be actively looking for a job that long?? So when I requested to cancel it, they did. I got an email requesting a refund and it's been 3 weeks since I've had that email and it stated that it would take 5-10 business days to receive the refund. I'm going to go ahead and assume that I won't be receiving my money at this point considering the bad reviews I did not see before. Terrible terrible business practice.

tm248
3/19/19

I didn't realize that when you sign on to use this overrated site, that they charge you EVERY month for the crappy service! I tried to get my money refunded when I noticed the charged me again and they refused! I cancelled my account and will give nothing but BAD reviews from this moment on!!!!!

susannahj1
3/19/19

I contacted them after a charge appeared on my card and had cancelled my account. They would not refund my money being it was the day after, poor business practice. They do not send out any emails or invoices stating they are taking money out of your account either as in hopes that you will forget to cancel. Many online businesses are better about this kind of thing as they will either offer a full refund for this type of situation or at least prorate the refund. I encourage you to look at the reviews on this site(resume genius) and pay attention to those involve payments and customer service. Very poor customer service.

leahe28
3/19/19

I immediately got a fraud alert after using this service. My bank was quick to alert me. This is not a legit company from what I was told.

isabelv11
3/15/19

I contacted this company within minutes of a charge they made on my card. They would not refund me anything. I suppose their terms and conditions are clear about this but I thought this was a pretty lousy business practice. Many online businesses are much cooler about this kind of thing as they will either offer a full refund for this type of situation or at least prorate the refund. I encourage you to look at the reviews on this site and pay attention to those involves payments and refunds.

danc359
3/14/19

Really great advise. Great work!
Helped alot thank you so much.for guiding me into to the right direction

tiffanys185
3/11/19

The page kept glitching. The words I was typing was popping up twice so in other words my sentences for my job description would look like this: I once worked at Goodwill Industries an I had to sort through clothesclothes. My page kept freezing up an it kept making me fill in blanks I had already filled in.

raquelaa
3/6/19

looking for a job is hard, resume genius made it easy. they really helped my resume when i thought i had tried everything.

baileyh49
2/22/19

If I could give this 0 stars, I would. I was looking at my account and realized that They were going to bill my account and so I looked at my bank account to make sure I had not yet been billed and I had not. So I went to my account to cancel because I have other important bills I need to pay. I noticed today that they had billed my account anyways. I called them and the lady on the phone was super unhelpful. She told me they could not give me a refund because I canceled 20 minutes after I was billed, which they had no proof of nor did they show me proof. The lady then told me to email support to see what they could do for me. So I did just that and they claimed it was over an hour that I was billed before canceling. So no one could actually tell me the correct time I was billed but they refuse to give me a refund anyways. So I will not be getting any money back. This company is horrible and treats their customers like crap. Don't sign up for this website!!! They will steal from you!!! I will not be going back to them and I 1000% do not recommend this site!!!

cortniec
2/18/19

I tried a dozen apps before this one and they were hard to use. The only functions you wanted weren't available with out paying a lot of money. This one was amazing

annalisar1
2/14/19

One of the hardest things to do is describe yourself, and your job responsibilities in a way that works for hiring professionals as well as the robots that scan through the resume piles. This service took a lot of the pain our of resume creation. It takes it one step at a time, suggests keywords for many common industry related tasks, and allows for easy edits and resume duplication. Even got a brief look over by a rep to fine tune it a little more during my trial. I'd recommend this service.

joelw83
2/7/19

You will be dissapointed in the service, will not be able to cancel, and will rack up recurring charges. The only way to cancel is to change your card number so that the recurring charges cant come through anymore.

levorisg
1/26/19

Cancelled account, customer relations BETTY KO, tricked me to write a review on your website, saying ,she'll take care of it fast, and now won't refund me monies due. DO NOT, I REPEAT DO NOT FALL FOR HER LIES. I've called 8 times, each time being told she didnt receive screenshots, and today was told it's to late, and I sent her a screenshot of her saying she did receive all necessary paperwork,FRAUD, FRAUD, FRAUD

shawno12
1/26/19

The site was wonderful said free help but than it wanted to charge me $1.95 thought it was well worth it it charged me let me print than I thought it was done . Got more emails thought they were junk cause I no longer needed there service little did I know it was a follow up explaining they were going to charge me $39.95 a month unless I canceled service that I didnt realize I signed up for. Now they tell me I can only get my money back if I write a review and post it.

vickyp27
1/18/19

My daughter signed up for the free trial for her college applications because she was nervous. I didn't know she used my card and she forgot to cancel. When I saw the $39.95 charge, I contacted them, but they wouldn't refund it even though she only used it once during the free period and I called them at the beginning of the new period. I said we won't use it and even asked for a pro-rated refund, but nothing. They got money from us because we made a mistake and they have a no refund policy. I would never use them again. It's BS.

sergiov21
1/12/19

Took money from me even after canceling and with no chance of getting it back. DO NOT RECOMMEND FOR ANYONE

calvinc69
1/11/19

Not helpful at all and garbage service. Just out to rob you with no chance of getting your money back.

af88
1/8/19

I was looking for a job and wanted to have a nice resume. I thought this site might help. It might have helped a little but I wanted to only sign up for 14 days free. Once that time has passed, you are charged $40 for 2 months. This is really a scam!!! Do not use, they are looking for people to sign up for free and your credit card will continue to be billed. DO NOT USE!!! IT HAS COST ME $80 FOR A CRAPPY RESUME UPDATE.

andyl166
1/7/19

I was okay paying 5$ a month for the trail but 40$ a month seems a bit much for something i can have done for 2-3$

They stole my money! 240 bucks! I also went to the bank to dispute them.

By Queila O.

Hello Cindy, I want to apologize for the experience you had while using our site. We will investigate the interaction with the agent you spoke to and take disciplinary action if needed. In the meantime, I wish to rectify this situation ASAP. Please contact me via e-mail so I can offer you a prompt resolution. betty@resumegenius.com I look forward to hearing from you. Regards, Betty Ko Customer Service Manager Resume Genius

By Juan A., ResumeGenius Representative

We were not aware of this situation and will take disciplinary action if necessary. Thanks for bringing this up to our attention. We believe the reason this may have occurred is because the agent wanted to show the accounting department that he could turn a negativen experience into a positive one. However it will be addressed accordingly. Are you seeking a refund?

By Juan A., ResumeGenius Representative

Hello Edward, I want to apologize for the experience you had while using our site. We will investigate the interaction with the agent you spoke to and take disciplinary action if needed. In the meantime, I wish to rectify this situation ASAP. Please contact me via e-mail so I can offer you a prompt resolution. betty@resumegenius.com I look forward to hearing from you. Regards, Betty Ko Customer Service Manager Resume Genius

By Juan A., ResumeGenius Representative

Hello Ana, Our cover letter templates are drafted by our Certified Resume Writers. It's a very useful guide and will help you land interviews faster. Make sure the info you input on the cover letter builder coincides with what you place on your resume. For more information on how to write a cover letter please check the following link. https://resumegenius.com/cover-letters-the-how-to-guide

By Juan A., ResumeGenius Representative

Hello Kevin, I want to extend my sincerest apologies for the negative experience you had with our customer service. If you would like to download your Resume and you are still signed in. Simply click on this link: https://app.resumegenius.com/resumes This will take you back to the resume you created and allow you to DOWNLOAD, EDIT & PREVIEW. Click on "Download Resume" and choose between Word, PDF or TEXT formats. Please be sure to Save all your work by scrolling down and clicking "Save and Continue" at the bottom of each section. IF YOU ARE NOT SIGNED IN please open a new window in your browser, then go to: https://app.resumegenius.com - log in and follow the instructions above. Check out this video, which shows you how to use our resume builder easily. https://vimeo.com/114529272 Only our TEXT format is FREE. (all other services require a minimum payment of $1.95) A fee is charged if you want to email, fax, print your resume, create an unlimited amount of resumes or desire to download your resume as a PDF or Word document. The fee to have access to all these features is $1.95 for a 14-day trial with the ability to cancel at any time if you do not need it after that period (See Terms of Use). In order to further assist you please call us at 1-866-215-9048 (Monday-Friday, 8AM-12AM EST). You can also email us at any time at support@resumegenius.com.

By Juan A., ResumeGenius Representative

Hello Linda, Not sure which skills to put on a resume for your industry? Having trouble deciding what skills are right for your resume? Our resume skills section guide shows you how to list, re-iterate, and expand upon your abilities that are relevant to your target job. This guide will cover all the best skills for resumes, as well as exactly how to properly showcase them on your resume. https://resumegenius.com/how-to-write-a-resume/skills-section-writing-guide

By Juan A., ResumeGenius Representative

Hello Debbie, The information regarding our Subscription Service can be located in our Terms of Use, Plan Comparison, Sales Receipt, Plan Information, and Alerts. The cancellation process is very simple: Log in > My Account >> Plan Information >>> Cancel. ResumeGenius.com provides a full refund to customers who are still within their 14-day trial subscription term. Customers who wish to redeem a refund must contact customer service prior to the end of their trial subscription term either by calling customer support at (866) 215-9048, emailing support@resumegenius.com, or by using live chat via ResumeGenius.com.

By Juan A., ResumeGenius Representative

Hello Melissa, Yes, you can update your information from the website free of charge. Please let me know if you have any other questions :)

By Juan A., ResumeGenius Representative
Questions? Get answers from the ResumeGenius staff and other customers.

ResumeGenius?
Consumer Alert

Sitejabber has been notified that this business has offered discounts, coupons or other incentives in exchange for reviews about this business. We wanted you to know because offering incentives has been shown to skew the overall ratings of a business. This behavior contravenes our guidelines as it might have a misleading impact on the rating and consumers.