Review of ResumeGenius

Tel: 866-215-9048
juan@resumegenius.com

carolinef35
2/20/19

I accidentally let my subscription run too long and requested a refund or at least a prorated refund. They responded right away and directed me to an email address that would allow me to send in my information to request a refund, and I should be credited within the next week or so. Thank you all!

arthurh121
2/20/19

I needed quick help with a cover letter and, on a Google search, I came across ResumeGenius. They were offering a 7-day free trial and I jumped on it. However, I failed to read the fine print and forgot to end my subscription before the 7 days were up so I was charged the monthly price for another 30 days of service which I no longer needed. I contacted customer service on a whim to ask for my money back because I am a student and $39.95 is a good amount of groceries. Luckily, John answered the phone and was immediately helpful. He explained the refund process and all I had to do was send a simple email. Everything else was taken care of on their side. I appreciated John's courteous attitude and his willingness to help me despite it being my fault.
Brilliant customer service!

maggiel50
2/19/19

Wonderful! I would recommend this site if anyone asked. It's updated, easy to use. Great online chat service! Quick to respond, they know their stuff!

cortniec
2/18/19

I tried a dozen apps before this one and they were hard to use. The only functions you wanted weren't available with out paying a lot of money. This one was amazing

tarad73
2/18/19

I had thought I canceled the service, yet the monthly charges showed up. Resume Genius was quick to fix and resolve my issue!

hannahdawnf
2/18/19

This is a total scam! I've never gotten my refund!!! I've been told twice that I would be getting my refund today and I have not gotten it! This is a week later. $40 is a lot of money to be taken out of someone's account how dare you guys!!

dietrichr1
2/15/19

I emailed for a refund, been over 2 weeks. No refund. Said it would take 10 days. Reccomend the service but cost is $$$$ very slow still no refund.

annalisar1
2/14/19

One of the hardest things to do is describe yourself, and your job responsibilities in a way that works for hiring professionals as well as the robots that scan through the resume piles. This service took a lot of the pain our of resume creation. It takes it one step at a time, suggests keywords for many common industry related tasks, and allows for easy edits and resume duplication. Even got a brief look over by a rep to fine tune it a little more during my trial. I'd recommend this service.

melissac373
2/12/19

I built a resume and cover letter and paid the tiny amount they asked for (less than $5). I unintentionally signed up for something and was charged $40.35. I immediately saw the charge and investigated. I noticed I got signed up for something and was charged. I contacted the company and was able to get my subscription cancelled right away but I'm still waiting on my refund. I was given this email on January 28, 2019:

"Dear Melissa.

I have forwarded your request to our refund team and the refund is processed. Usual time frames to receive the credit in your account vary between 5 - 10 business days. Please note that refund requests are processed in the order in which they are received. Our refund policy has been recently changed and it would mean a lot of you can leave feedback regarding our interaction by posting a review in the link below.

You can leave a review in SiteJabber: https://goo.gl/ebe6IR

Thanks in advance for your time and please let me know if you have any further questions.

Best Regards

The RGO Technologies Team
Alex.

Sincerely,

The RGO Technologies Team"
It is now February 12, 2019, twelve business days after the refund was estimated on arriving.

levorisg
1/26/19

Cancelled account, customer relations BETTY KO, tricked me to write a review on your website, saying ,she'll take care of it fast, and now won't refund me monies due. DO NOT, I REPEAT DO NOT FALL FOR HER LIES. I've called 8 times, each time being told she didnt receive screenshots, and today was told it's to late, and I sent her a screenshot of her saying she did receive all necessary paperwork,FRAUD, FRAUD, FRAUD

shawno12
1/26/19

The site was wonderful said free help but than it wanted to charge me $1.95 thought it was well worth it it charged me let me print than I thought it was done . Got more emails thought they were junk cause I no longer needed there service little did I know it was a follow up explaining they were going to charge me $39.95 a month unless I canceled service that I didnt realize I signed up for. Now they tell me I can only get my money back if I write a review and post it.

vickyp27
1/18/19

My daughter signed up for the free trial for her college applications because she was nervous. I didn't know she used my card and she forgot to cancel. When I saw the $39.95 charge, I contacted them, but they wouldn't refund it even though she only used it once during the free period and I called them at the beginning of the new period. I said we won't use it and even asked for a pro-rated refund, but nothing. They got money from us because we made a mistake and they have a no refund policy. I would never use them again. It's BS.

sergiov21
1/12/19

Took money from me even after canceling and with no chance of getting it back. DO NOT RECOMMEND FOR ANYONE

calvinc69
1/11/19

Not helpful at all and garbage service. Just out to rob you with no chance of getting your money back.

af88
1/8/19

I was looking for a job and wanted to have a nice resume. I thought this site might help. It might have helped a little but I wanted to only sign up for 14 days free. Once that time has passed, you are charged $40 for 2 months. This is really a scam!!! Do not use, they are looking for people to sign up for free and your credit card will continue to be billed. DO NOT USE!!! IT HAS COST ME $80 FOR A CRAPPY RESUME UPDATE.

andyl166
1/7/19

I was okay paying 5$ a month for the trail but 40$ a month seems a bit much for something i can have done for 2-3$

heatherr196
1/2/19

I have used resume builder prior and had no issues so I figured I would try it again. I renewed my subscription and paid the 39 dollars and some change. I went through the easy process of building a cover letter when I was finished I tried to download it in numerous browsers and couldn't retrieve my cover letter, I reached out via the company's online help and never received a response, I called the number and at the time they were " experiencing a high volume of calls" so it stated to press a button and your call would be returned in the order that it was received. So eventually after waiting for a couple hours I finally gave up and went to the good old Microsoft office and built a cover letter from scratch. The next day I received my "help" call I told them that I no longer needed the cover letter and told them that I wasn't able to access it after I built it, that I was highly unsatisfied and would like a refund. I was IMMEDIATELY made aware that this company does not give refunds. I asked to speak with a supervisor and the gentleman stated he would have on call me back in which he did,I told the supervisor exactly what had happened then he proceeded to tell me that they do NOT give refunds, that I did not call, nor did I try and use the online help feature in which I did. He pretty much told me that their was absolutely nothing he could do and that I was a liar, that he would send over an email in which I could file a formal complaint. He never sent over the email... I would like to think that this company has better supervisors and customer service. I feel that this matter could have been handled in a more respectful manner because after all I pay for a service that I wasn't able to utilize.

derekh104
12/3/18

If you do not cancel your free trial, they will never, EVER will notify you that they are charging your account. I used many subscription based services and they all notify you when you are being charged for that month. These thieves will never tell you and you can end up just being charged over and over again without realization. Worst part is you cannot even argue with them as they pull up some bull$#*! saying oh it was in our terms that you have to cancel on your own or some bs. Bottomline do not even try there stuff. It just a bunch of useless resume templates you can probably find free online somewhere.

quinnf6
12/3/18

This company enrolled me in a free trial, and I cancelled it back in september. However, they then continued to charge me $40 per month for 3 months. Customer service is exceptionally terrible. They send me canned messages and do not help in the slightest. Do not use this service ever. It is one of the biggest scams I have ever seen.

gloriao36
12/1/18

DO NOT USE THIS! They trick you into thinking you're getting help with your resume. I wa ms charged month after month not knowing I was. I only asked for 1 month refund & was given the run around!

jens151
11/29/18

I was told if i leave a five star review i would receive my refund faster...so here you go...here's my review.

aaront113
11/29/18

Resume Genius has been charging my account for several months after I called to cancel, and after I noticed I asked them to reverse the charges and they said they will not. I will be filing chargebacks through my bank and a complaint with the BBB.

lanas60
11/27/18

Don't ever sign up for the test trial - it tricks you into subscription and it will just take money from your account endlessly.

I was out of the country for months and when I came back more than 160 was deducted from my account, when I try to talk to their customer support they just told me refund is not an option.

Tip for consumers: be extremely careful.

veronicas119
11/27/18

The way their website was set up with the 14 day trial, a few months ago, it made it seem like we were paying for the $1.95 TRIAL PERIOD that would expire after 14 days. We were charged two months without our knowledge and as soon as we found out, we requested to cancel the account. I have never been more disrespected by a customer service team. They were incredibly rude, basically called us stupid for not knowing we were being charged. AND they refused a refund! They are able to see when the site was used last, it was the same day we signed up. Terrible, terrible companies. There are much better options, for much less money!

charlesb479
11/6/18

Resumegenius will bill your account monthly- WITHOUT ever sending a receipt. This is a purposeful tactic to keep getting your $39.95 month and hope it goes unnoticed. It did- my bad, but companies that are truthful will send a receipt after the deduction from your credit card. No refunds and no account updates. Unconscionable.

They stole my money! 240 bucks! I also went to the bank to dispute them.

By Queila O.

We were not aware of this situation and will take disciplinary action if necessary. Thanks for bringing this up to our attention. We believe the reason this may have occurred is because the agent wanted to show the accounting department that he could turn a negativen experience into a positive one. However it will be addressed accordingly. Are you seeking a refund?

By Juan A., ResumeGenius Representative

Hello Edward, I want to apologize for the experience you had while using our site. We will investigate the interaction with the agent you spoke to and take disciplinary action if needed. In the meantime, I wish to rectify this situation ASAP. Please contact me via e-mail so I can offer you a prompt resolution. betty@resumegenius.com I look forward to hearing from you. Regards, Betty Ko Customer Service Manager Resume Genius

By Juan A., ResumeGenius Representative

Hello Cindy, I want to apologize for the experience you had while using our site. We will investigate the interaction with the agent you spoke to and take disciplinary action if needed. In the meantime, I wish to rectify this situation ASAP. Please contact me via e-mail so I can offer you a prompt resolution. betty@resumegenius.com I look forward to hearing from you. Regards, Betty Ko Customer Service Manager Resume Genius

By Juan A., ResumeGenius Representative

Hello Kevin, I want to extend my sincerest apologies for the negative experience you had with our customer service. If you would like to download your Resume and you are still signed in. Simply click on this link: https://app.resumegenius.com/resumes This will take you back to the resume you created and allow you to DOWNLOAD, EDIT & PREVIEW. Click on "Download Resume" and choose between Word, PDF or TEXT formats. Please be sure to Save all your work by scrolling down and clicking "Save and Continue" at the bottom of each section. IF YOU ARE NOT SIGNED IN please open a new window in your browser, then go to: https://app.resumegenius.com - log in and follow the instructions above. Check out this video, which shows you how to use our resume builder easily. https://vimeo.com/114529272 Only our TEXT format is FREE. (all other services require a minimum payment of $1.95) A fee is charged if you want to email, fax, print your resume, create an unlimited amount of resumes or desire to download your resume as a PDF or Word document. The fee to have access to all these features is $1.95 for a 14-day trial with the ability to cancel at any time if you do not need it after that period (See Terms of Use). In order to further assist you please call us at 1-866-215-9048 (Monday-Friday, 8AM-12AM EST). You can also email us at any time at support@resumegenius.com.

By Juan A., ResumeGenius Representative

Hello Linda, Not sure which skills to put on a resume for your industry? Having trouble deciding what skills are right for your resume? Our resume skills section guide shows you how to list, re-iterate, and expand upon your abilities that are relevant to your target job. This guide will cover all the best skills for resumes, as well as exactly how to properly showcase them on your resume. https://resumegenius.com/how-to-write-a-resume/skills-section-writing-guide

By Juan A., ResumeGenius Representative

Hello Debbie, The information regarding our Subscription Service can be located in our Terms of Use, Plan Comparison, Sales Receipt, Plan Information, and Alerts. The cancellation process is very simple: Log in > My Account >> Plan Information >>> Cancel. ResumeGenius.com provides a full refund to customers who are still within their 14-day trial subscription term. Customers who wish to redeem a refund must contact customer service prior to the end of their trial subscription term either by calling customer support at (866) 215-9048, emailing support@resumegenius.com, or by using live chat via ResumeGenius.com.

By Juan A., ResumeGenius Representative

Hello Melissa, Yes, you can update your information from the website free of charge. Please let me know if you have any other questions :)

By Juan A., ResumeGenius Representative

Hello Ana, Our cover letter templates are drafted by our Certified Resume Writers. It's a very useful guide and will help you land interviews faster. Make sure the info you input on the cover letter builder coincides with what you place on your resume. For more information on how to write a cover letter please check the following link. https://resumegenius.com/cover-letters-the-how-to-guide

By Juan A., ResumeGenius Representative
Questions? Get answers from the ResumeGenius staff and other customers.

ResumeGenius?
Consumer Alert

Sitejabber has been notified that this business has offered discounts, coupons or other incentives in exchange for reviews about this business. We wanted you to know because offering incentives has been shown to skew the overall ratings of a business. This behavior contravenes our guidelines as it might have a misleading impact on the rating and consumers.