TopCV

TopCV has a consumer rating of 4.52 stars from 1,963 reviews indicating that most customers are generally satisfied with their purchases. Consumers satisfied with TopCV most frequently mention cover letter, linkedin profile and great job. TopCV ranks 9th among Resume sites.

Positive reviews (last 12 months): 90.1%

• The end result was a very professional CV and cover letter that made me feel very confident in my myself and my skills.
  • I highly recommend it for experienced professionals who are struggling to find their dream job.

• Not happy at all and very disappointed by the customer service.
How would you rate TopCV?

“Professional Collaboration”

Viktoria G.
11/10/20

I ordered a Career Evolution CV Writing Package from TopCV. Almost immediately, I was matched with a highly skilled writer with expertise in my industry. I received my first drafts the following day, which were excellent. Sarah was very open to my feedback and skillfully incorporated amendments to highlight my strengths. I was 100% satisfied with her work and the finished products: CV, Cover Letter and LinkedIn profile. I would recommend TopCV without reservation.

“Cannot recognize myself, lack of substance”

Regina R.
2/18/21

Working with senior CV writer, yet the experience is as if they simply put some of my key-words into a ready made template full of superlatives. Very impersonal and hard to read. I feel no connection with the content and have seen few signs that they actually listen to my feedback. You cannot get your money back, hence you are forced to spend ton's of time trying to get heard, with little/no improvement. Even typos in revised version.

Reviews (1,963)

end result (16) customer service (22) dream job (0)
viktoriag3
November 10th, 2020

mohameda437
June 13th, 2021
Verified purchase

Appreciate the inputs and summary. Totally agree with the review and started immediately to change the language. It's like when people ask you who you are, often we tend to start talk about what we do for a living, but we are more than our professions. Put the light on that, what makes you stand out out of 250 applicant's? How can they learn to know your 25-30 or 40 years of life and your achievements in two pages?
Their review can help you.

Thanks

christophef3
November 3rd, 2020
Verified purchase

From a list of past experiences, skills, targets and based on a former version, I was pleased to quickly receive a draft version of my updated professional identity.
With few back and forth exchanges, I received the final version using selected vocabulary within a week.
The generic cover letter and LinkedIn profiles were sent at the same time. Thank you for your responsiveness and speed. It's been greatly appreciated to enable further leads.

juditc3
April 23rd, 2021
Verified purchase

I received my CV earlier than initially signalled, this was a pleasant surprise. Ashton did a great job with my CV. I'm giving the whole package a 4-star rating because I had the feeling he did not look at my LinkedIn profile beforehand and had suggested a lot of things which were already there in the first place. The suggestions came off as standard, reused. Other than that, I'm happy with the outcome.

antonior436
April 6th, 2021
Verified purchase

If you are looking to obtain a professional written CV, look no further as I can guaranty Top quality, Top professionals and Top customer results!
Many thanks, TopCV to deliver my outstanding CV, Cover Letter and LinkedIn profile, truly appreciated it as I am currently getting jobs offers after updating my CV.
Highly recommended and you will be impressed with their services, well worth the money to land you a prosperous future career! Apply today is my suggestion!

glynj6
June 21st, 2020

Following a scathing review of my original CV, I paid for the top service including CV, Cover letter and Linkedin makeover. The CV was drafted twice, but was no use at all. There were spelling mistakes, grammatical errors, and the syntax seemed to be that of a non English Speaker. I did not even get my Linkedin profile in draft. After complaint I have been offered 30% refund. My advice, don't go there.

Tip for consumers:
Think again

Products used:
None, i rejected the poor work, and asked for a refund, which was refused. Because the amount was too small to persue by litigation, I accepted the offer of a 30% refund.

sharonw1118
April 10th, 2021
Verified purchase

The advisors are friendly and approachable, and very patient - even when I emailed at the last moments to amend my CV. I was so impressed with the service that I have just signed up for an updated profile on LinkedIn.

Keep up the good work - let's hope all their work lands me more interviews, and a chance for my dream career in HR.

Products used:
TV writer and LinkedIn Profile

muhamada3
November 25th, 2020
Verified purchase

At first, I am quite skeptical about the capabilities of TopCV team to customize my CV to meet my expectations. But when the 1st draft delivered to me for review in a very short time, I was astounded and excited to see the new fresh look of my CV. Very minimum comments from my side and TopCV team always being helpful and informative along the way. Thanks TopCV team and wish me luck in landing my new job!

sergioc119
February 9th, 2021
Verified purchase

On several occasions, different recruiters and human resources people had mentioned to me that my resume was designed around activities I performed, rather than accomplishments within the companies I had worked for.
After working with TopResume, I saw the big difference between my previous resume vs. the one designed by the company's staff.
Above all, the professionalism of the staff helped me to better understand how to structure a resume.

peters1222
September 3rd, 2020
Verified purchase

Certainly tidied up my own CV but unfortunately the first recruitment agent that saw it said it didn't do me justice. I think TopCV meet the requirements for online CV readers that automatically search for certain words and phrases but the CV does not come across as a professionally written document.
You clearly get what you pay for as I realise other CV writers, that are more geared towards executive/professional job hunters, are four times the price.

chiaraa10
May 31st, 2021

Dears,

Just wanted to drop you a small note as follow up.

I really appreciated your proactivity in helping me when I had an issue, and I truly appreciate teh work of teh new writer you gave me.
We actually got into one rework only (and with very few comments) and cv + cover were perfect!

Thanks a lot for supporting my request, you have a very happy and satisfied customer

wayner297
June 22nd, 2021
Verified purchase

Submitted my cv for a review had the appraisal back!
Re read my cv looked at the options for payments thought it was expensive waited for a discount code resubmitted my cv 24 hours later! WOW.
Never needed any additional information bang on first time, wish I had done it earlier. Response to applications has tripled in 4 days. Well worth the money.

davidw3805
May 5th, 2021
Verified purchase

Having a CV and profile that developed over many years, I needed a third party to provide a fresh perspective and help tailor my CV and LinkedIn profile that is clear and succinct. My experience with TopCV was great with the person carrying out the work in regular contact with me.
Although I'm very happy with the end result, I have only given 4-stars as it's too early to gauge how effective the new collateral will be.

andreww1010
December 8th, 2020
Verified purchase

The quality of the output documents was excellent, beyond my expectations and have landed me at the final interview for a CEO role at a newly established organisation (to be held in a week's time). The only drawback is that there is no human interaction which would make the process more valuable and the client more assured that they are on the right track with the redrafted documents. Perhaps one on one sessions could be offered as a premium service?

shond6
July 21st, 2020
Verified purchase

I had a big question mark and concerns on what should i get out of this service.
Once i read your first feedback on my original CV i think you hit the weak spot on my CV.
Tara was responsive, professional, understood the material and provided a high quality paper which only minor changes were needed.
Will definitely recommend!
Thanks

biliqisr
March 20th, 2021
Verified purchase

I was very delighted with the outcome of my CV, cover letter and LinkedIn. Mary N was very patient throughout the process, within 2 weeks my Cv or profile did get the attention I needed. I currently secured a temporary role so looking forward to what the future brings.
I recommend for anyone who wishes to portrait the right skills, achievements to secure a perfect role

farzadb2
August 11th, 2020
Verified purchase

It's a great service with professional writers. Thanks to a very friendly and pro writer, I am satisfied with the results. However, if you think you could do better, just go for it. I believe they writers know how to put more emphasis on your strength points and describe them in a pro way. As far as I am concerned, it's a great help if you could collaborate well with the writers towards building up the good CV. Also, in an age where computers do the job instead of HR, simply we have to make sure we could go through the computerized filters.

joev431
June 1st, 2021
Verified purchase

This was the cruise control of online resume makeover. I have worked with other resume services and they seemed to have fallen short of what I was expecting. TopResume transformed my resume into something I am very proud to submit. I'm the hero in my story (when it was actually Casey [my writer] who did all the heavy lifting.)

Celebrate with me! Within days, seriously days, of receiving my resume, I had submitted my resume and immediately received three interviews, two second interviews and a job offer.

Definite Return On Investment!

paulm2591
April 29th, 2021
Verified purchase

Silas was great! I supplied a plethora of information and this was collated this into a professional succinct CV, Cover Letter & LinkedIn profile that clearly shows my skills, experience and ambitions. Actually Silas got most of it right in the first version and there were only a few minor adjustments.

I have already started using.

wesleyf110
January 26th, 2021
Verified purchase

I had been thinking of having my CV done professionally for some time, eventually deciding I'd use the services of TopCV.
They were prompt in their reply to me and condensed my three page CV I sent them into one that consisted of one page.
They were happy to make a couple of alterations I asked for, though only after we had discussed them and their impact on my CV.
So far, it has been well worth the money.

anthonys1345
December 15th, 2020
Verified purchase

Transformed a dull monotone CV and cover letter into something that genuinely attracts allot of attention... had my CV one day, been offered three interviews with plenty more bites coming.
Service is really quick with fast turn around with zero tolerance to cutting corners. Thanks Tanya!

nisreenm
July 7th, 2021
Verified purchase

Actually the experts are very helpful as my expert david was respectful, whenever i ask for edits he quickly respond with his notes.
I have only one comment, just add a valuable information if you have been asked to remove some details not directly to the point, which make for example the responsibilities or any other information not satisfied.
Everything else was professional

giusepped26
January 22nd, 2020
Verified purchase

TopCV experts have analyzed and reviewed my personal CV and LInkedIn profile. The experience was very nice. The first send my a free CV analysis, to underline the required improvement, then they proposed me to rewrite my profile documents. The sent me a first draft of documents, I have verified and reviewed the received materials and I asked for some adaptation / improvements. The TopCV consultant was very professional, precise and helpful. The final result was excellent!

alicej116
June 17th, 2020
Verified purchase

I recent; y lost my Job, due to COVID pandemic, after working nearly 12 years for the same Company. I needed to update my CV taking into account the latest requirements that Companies and recruitment services use. I turned to the expertise of TopCV with their KEYWORD inclusions and formatting expertise. They worked with me and produced a updated CV that reflected the new position I was in and looking for in this new post COVID competitive marketplace.

fatmas3
April 21st, 2020
Verified purchase

It was very efficient and impactful. In 1 week, I witnessed that I wasted few years not getting this professional help when I saw the excellent upgrade of my CV to a version that reflects me better. The revisions helped a lot and I think 3 revisions could allow more excellence if possible.
Many thanks to Jamie and TopCV team

They're a scam - and they'll all rot in hell. I hope our responses here save some other poor souls their hard earned cash. Absolutely appalling service - they're bullies and extortionists at best. A bunch of cheap crooks who cost us our hard earned cash!

See more answers (4)

Don't believe them Tracy! It took them 2 weeks to finally send me something, and it was basically what I had sent them. I complained and they gave my CV to someone else -- with NO rush put on it of course, and 3 weeks later I'm still without my professional CV that is supposed to come with Satisfaction Guaranteed. Only problem is they don't know what that means!

By Arlene Z.
See more answers (4)

Hi Elena, Great question! Our resume writing process is collaborative between the writer and the client. We use your old resume as a primary source of information, but you will also be able to provide additional details via our questionnaire and in communication with your writer. It's as simple as that! Please let us know if there are any other questions you have. Thanks!

By Jenna M.
See more answers (2)

Possible answers to your question - crook, extortionist, professional con artist, common thief, fraudster, scumbag, sphincter

See more answers (2)

Hi Liz, We do offer LinkedIn services. We'll help you write a profile statement, as well as help you list out your experiences.

By Jenna M.
See more answers (2)

The company is a scam, and responds variably to different customers. I actually rang them to find out why they hadn't acknowledged my requests after charging me nearly €300 - they're not even based in the UK. Their people can't speak English and they charged me €75 for cancelling my order.

See more answers (2)

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the TopCV staff and other customers.

TopCV writes and analyzes more CVs and LinkedIn profiles than any other service through their network of experienced writers.

whitneye5
Jenna M.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about TopCV?

See reviews as you browse with our Firefox extension

4.5
Have a question about TopCV?