TopCV

TopCV has a consumer rating of 4.36 stars from 1,259 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally satisfied with their purchases. TopCV also ranks 10th among Resume sites.

Positive reviews (last 12 months): 82.8%

• Well done to Katie and TopCV for providing such a great service.
  • very quick turnaround every time I sent feedback and really happy with the end result.

• I signed up for the full service costing £219 to re write my CV, cover letter and Linkedin profile.
  • When I questioned my first CV writer about the choice of font, he said it was simply a choice of which template he used.
How would you rate TopCV?

“Professional service”

Farzad B.
8/11/20

It's a great service with professional writers. Thanks to a very friendly and pro writer, I am satisfied with the results. However, if you think you could do better, just go for it. I believe they writers know how to put more emphasis on your strength points and describe them in a pro way. As far as I am concerned, it's a great help if you could collaborate well with the writers towards building up the good CV. Also, in an age where computers do the job instead of HR, simply we have to make sure we could go through the computerized filters.

“Poor Service and substandard product”

Glyn J.
6/21/20

Following a scathing review of my original CV, I paid for the top service including CV, Cover letter and Linkedin makeover. The CV was drafted twice, but was no use at all. There were spelling mistakes, grammatical errors, and the syntax seemed to be that of a non English Speaker. I did not even get my Linkedin profile in draft. After complaint I have been offered 30% refund. My advice, don't go there.

Reviews (1,259)

linkedin profile (38) cv writer (50) cv review (53) cover letter (95) katie warren (18) 2 weeks (19) great service (25) end result (16) job market (16) customer service (18) cvnow (221) cv critique (15)
shond6
July 21st, 2020
Verified purchase
I had a big question mark and concerns on what should i get out of this service.
Once i read your first feedback on my original CV i think you hit the weak spot on my CV.
Tara was responsive, professional, understood the material and provided a high quality paper which only minor changes were needed.
Will definitely recommend!
Thanks
giusepped26
January 22nd, 2020
Verified purchase
TopCV experts have analyzed and reviewed my personal CV and LInkedIn profile. The experience was very nice. The first send my a free CV analysis, to underline the required improvement, then they proposed me to rewrite my profile documents. The sent me a first draft of documents, I have verified and reviewed the received materials and I asked for some adaptation / improvements. The TopCV consultant was very professional, precise and helpful. The final result was excellent!
alicej116
June 17th, 2020
Verified purchase
I recent; y lost my Job, due to COVID pandemic, after working nearly 12 years for the same Company. I needed to update my CV taking into account the latest requirements that Companies and recruitment services use. I turned to the expertise of TopCV with their KEYWORD inclusions and formatting expertise. They worked with me and produced a updated CV that reflected the new position I was in and looking for in this new post COVID competitive marketplace.
farzadb2
August 11th, 2020
fatmas3
April 21st, 2020
Verified purchase
It was very efficient and impactful. In 1 week, I witnessed that I wasted few years not getting this professional help when I saw the excellent upgrade of my CV to a version that reflects me better. The revisions helped a lot and I think 3 revisions could allow more excellence if possible.
Many thanks to Jamie and TopCV team
mohammeda415
June 2nd, 2020
Verified purchase
Wonderful work overall, I received my first draft quicker than I expected. An amazing writing experience, very good communication as well as fast delivery. Now I do not have to worry about my Cv any more and focus on building my career.
Thank you very much indeed.
mihaib10
February 18th, 2020
Verified purchase
The received CV is written skilfully, presenting my potential and my achievements in the best way. I must admit that I wouldn't had been able to compose it by myself and to reach the form which was sent to me by the TopCV writer.
But with the Cover Letter, I think it isn't quite what I was expecting and it is possible my fault for not explaining much clearer some things.
So, I can honestly say that it's deserving 4 stars from 5, or mark 8 from 10 and definitely I recommend theirs services
javierp50
June 5th, 2020
Verified purchase
From the beginning I was convinced that my CV catched the attention. After an honest and precise analysis, I've realised that there's a big room for improvement. I'm happy to save time sending it blindly. Next fine-tuning will be priceless.
julieb1216
April 28th, 2020
Verified purchase
After writing and re-writing my CV for more than a year and countless rejection emails, I finally chose to invest in myself and hire a CV writer. I feel like an infomercial but this really works! I received TWO positive responses within a week of using my new CV. Definitely worth the investment to have someone else look at you and reframe your experiences in a way that appeals to hiring managers.
thomasj667
March 17th, 2020
Verified purchase
TopCV helped me refine my cv within a few working days. The feedback I received thus far was very positive. I recommend TopCV for everyone trying to boost his or her prospects in the job market.
glynj6
June 21st, 2020

Tip for consumers: Think again

ancanicoletac
January 21st, 2020
Verified purchase
I has a great experience with TopCV. They help me improve the way my CV and highlight the achievements.
victoro74
April 22nd, 2020
Verified purchase
Finn H. Was exceptional in helping me with a perennial problem I had had in figuring out any way to reconcile my prior career with that I'm seeking to obtain at this time. He was cordial and has shown himself quite adept at the practice of aiding people with their CV difficulties. A great service all round.
wilhelml7
January 29th, 2020
Verified purchase
Excellent communication, deadline orientated, follow up completed.
Overall good experience and very happy with the new CV completed.
meelisa
July 26th, 2020
I got the "Executive Priority CV Writing Package" from TopCV, but the results were underwhelming, to say the least.
Using the Resume made by them has not created any interviews nor leads.
The icing and reason for writing the review is, that on a web-site another free evaluation gave their product a devastating review. Only TopCV re-evaluated their own output - ouch.
Avoid - these "professionals" produce no better results than you find from google for Resume writing best practices.
andream517
April 14th, 2020
Verified purchase
In the beginning it was not satisfactory since it seemed to me that the writer did not care so much about the review of my CV even though at a glance the job was quite good. Furthermore the delivery time was unbelievable since I had to push her every time to get an answer. Then when the customer care changed the senior writer it was different because she showed a great interest in reviewing my CV, she answered all the questions I made and we shared different points of view about the CV and the Cover Letter.
sarahk501
February 13th, 2020
Verified purchase
I am really happy with the service I received form TopCV. My writer Robert was great and my first draft was emailed across to me within a week. On adding my own reviews, my final copy was back within a few days. I am really happy with my new CV, it makes me look far more professional and I feel more confident in applying for roles. Thank you!
ivanm170
June 12th, 2020
Avoid paying this scammers. Your will receive a template with bad structure & poor language. All their "professional" writers are freelancers. No communication with clients from their side at all. No refund. I have lost 99£ & more then three months trying to get a CV from them.
francoisxavierg
January 18th, 2020
Verified purchase
I never expected such a thorough feedback for free. All the things Katie pointed out really spot on and I know what areas I need to focus on to improve my CV. I am seriously considering one of the premium options. Thanks again!
jamesw1894
February 19th, 2020
Verified purchase
Really good, the person assigned to me was excellent, she worded things in an expert manner and made them come alive; my LinkedIn, CV and letters look fantastic, only time will tell now re securing a new role
giseler4
July 28th, 2020
Verified purchase
Further to placing my order i received my new CV very fast and changes were also made the same day so great service
khalela
July 10th, 2020
Verified purchase
It was v nice and organized.
Mrs. Karen was with me in each step, she make everything as what i want
marks2614
June 24th, 2020
Verified purchase
Very helpful, very intuitive and to the point. It certainly made me look at my resume or CV again. Thanks
peterw582
March 10th, 2020
Verified purchase
Fantastic service - highly recommended. My writer David expertly reworded my original CV to make it more relevant and show my achievements in a better light.
danielf571
July 22nd, 2020
Don't waste your money... The writers are from foreign countries. Mine was from South Africa and had no clue about the industry I work in... The CV made no sense at all. Just full of "Hot words". To top it off the format was in American. When I made a complaint they just shoved me off with a copy paste answer reply that had no relevance to my complaint.

Don't believe them Tracy! It took them 2 weeks to finally send me something, and it was basically what I had sent them. I complained and they gave my CV to someone else -- with NO rush put on it of course, and 3 weeks later I'm still without my professional CV that is supposed to come with Satisfaction Guaranteed. Only problem is they don't know what that means!

By Arlene Z.
See more answers (4)

Easier to ignore an email.

By Steve S.
See more answers (2)

Hi Elena, Great question! Our resume writing process is collaborative between the writer and the client. We use your old resume as a primary source of information, but you will also be able to provide additional details via our questionnaire and in communication with your writer. It's as simple as that! Please let us know if there are any other questions you have. Thanks!

By Jenna M.

There is no refund. They say "all sales are final".

By DMITRII B.
See more answers (2)

Definitively no. It is a waste of your money. I would not recommend it

By Yolanda D.
See more answers (2)

Hi Liz, We do offer LinkedIn services. We'll help you write a profile statement, as well as help you list out your experiences.

See more answers (2)

Hi there, Did you get a result through contacting them on Facebook?

By Michelle L.
See more answers (2)

I have been trying to reach Katie for the past 24 hours and contacted you through the online query form but am still waiting for an answer.

By Michelle L.
See more answers (2)

Hi Phoebe, Great question. In total the process typically takes one to two weeks to get your perfect CV. For more information on our services, please visit: https://www.topcv.co.uk/faq

By Jenna M.

Congratulations. Your cv is under review by Top.cv team. You'll will be contacted by gmail shortly in couple of days after thorough review. This review is FREE OF COST. However, if you seek help from professional cv writer to rectify the shortcomings of your cv, if any, then payment is the option. But, I assure you that this is going to be a THRILLING EXPERIENCE. Thanks

By Muhammad M.

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the TopCV staff and other customers.

TopCV writes and analyzes more CVs and LinkedIn profiles than any other service through their network of experienced writers.

whitneye5
Jenna M.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about TopCV?

Have a question about TopCV?