Three.co.uk

Three.co.uk has a consumer rating of 2.2 stars from 10 reviews indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Consumers complaining about Three.co.uk most frequently mention customer service problems. Three.co.uk ranks 107th among Mobile Phones sites.

How would you rate Three.co.uk?

“Best Mobile Company in UK”

Rebecca H.
5/13/17

Great Service and awesome deals right now. Their feel at home offers are insane. Thank you as you have saved me a fortune over the last couple of years. I cant recommend these guys enough especially if you travel alot like me!

“Disgusted by treatment from customer service.”

Gordon M.
10/20/20

Be warned! I purchased a sim only deal for 12 months contract in August 2020. My internet speeds were less than 1mbps. When i called Three customer service they told me to call back tomorrow and ended the call. After 10 days of calling, i finally got to speak to someone. They said they were having issues with a mast and would be fixed in 4 weeks. I asked if i could cancel my contract without paying fees and they assured me i could as i could not get any internet at a reasonable speed. I switched mobile network, and now i am getting at least 10 calls a day from Three demanding £180. Then the letters started, and now they have put a debt collection agency on to me who are pestering me around 5 times a day. Please, stay away from this company. Find someone else, i know Three are cheap, but when things dont work out, no matter what they promise you... its just going to end up nasty.

zinam2
September 8th, 2016
Let's all be honest, Three is the worst of all UK mobile phone service providers. Their customer service is below the standard required from an average mobile phone service provider. They have this unforgiving, pathetic, and harassing behaviour towards their customers for an outstanding bill. Even if the balance is below 2£. From the information we wave gathered, using Three Mobile Service is riskier than other services. These guys provide a ''neck on your throat' service and would cut your line off when most needed and just like that. Based on the information we have received, they also call their customers harassing them to make a payment or else their services would be restricted. Most of their customer service callers are based outside the UK. It seems, there can't be a service less worse than Three. Speak to a UK rep if you are running behind your bill and wants a bit of time. It is not a guarantee though that your complaint would be resolved. Do not waste your time with this service. They are pathetic, and one of the worst UK Mobile phone Service provider. Keep off and they will be forced to change.
gordonm192
October 20th, 2020

Please, stay away from this company.

hazelc66
September 24th, 2020
Appalling experience, took to the Ombudsman, who unfortunately are in bed with the Communications companies they are supposed to regulate. David Reilly is an ignorant CEO. Had to involve my local councillor. My advice is avoid at all cost.
gos3
January 14th, 2020
I moved 5 numbers to Three from an other provider. The experience has been terrible. It is almost impossible to get hold of anyone at Three, the mobile reception has been patchy and there is no visual voice mail. I have unlimited data plans but the speed is very poor.

I am trying to cancel the contract within the 14 day period but they are making it as difficult as possible by not giving me my PAC codes. They keep saying they will text it to me but they don't. They say I must register online but that doesn't work. When I call, they put me on hold for long periods and pass me around from one place to another without resolution. I have also been cut me off abruptly after hours of wait. When I finally get to speak to them, they make it as if I have never spoken to them before and they ask me the same questions and reasons for cancelling over and over again. I have been on waiting on their chats and phone systems for over 6 hours in the past two days to get my PAC code! Terrible.

I wouldn't join them even if it was free.
philipe56
November 30th, 2019
If only you could give zero stars

It takes hours to try and sort your problem and they never do what they say they will... third chat with customer relations today, so 3 hours so far... let's hope they do what they have promised three times so far... stay away from this company is my advice.

Don't get me wrong, everyone is polite and says how important it is to get it right for you, they just never do what they promised

The only bonus is that this issue arose on my pay as you go sim, and I was just about to move our contract sims over to them... lucky escape there.
dannyc24
December 25th, 2014
One, two, THREE but I'll give it FIVE!

I write this review on behalf of all those, "not so young" phone users, who want a "pay-as-you-go" service but without that "pay-through-the-nose" call cost.

I recently got a new smartphone, yes I can use a smartphone, even at my great age of 58. I tend to use mobile phones for "emergencies" (the last time i topped up my old mobile was 2008) and the landline for the rest. My old mobile charged 30pence a minute and average signal coverage. I changed to three and now get 3pence per minute+good signal coverage+150mb of data free each time I top up. I have used the phone more in the last month, than I did in the last two years.

Three was easy to set up, a good signal coverage (and I live in the wilds of Cumbria), had a free sim and a call rate a lot cheaper than even a landline. If you are looking for a call provider and don't want to get ripped off on pay as you go, then give three a go.

Update 23/05/2016 I have been with 3three for about eighteen months and am still 100% happy with them. A good signal, very cheap calls, texts and data. An easy to use website, which makes topping up a breeze. Yes, I still say if you want cheap easy pay as you go, then give 3three a go.

Tip for consumers: If you want pay as you go and have an unlocked phone, than get a free Three sim.

steves1689
November 9th, 2020
AVOID AVOID The worst customer service…
AVOID AVOID The worst customer service I have ever had the pleasure of paying for! All you get are apologies and false promises, they cannot complete the simplest tasks and keep telling you to contact them in a different way.
I took my initial complaint to the ombudsman after Three offered me £5 for messing me about over 5 hours. Three then offered me £52 refund which I accepted. They then credited my account with the £52 AND refunded me £52 by bank transfer. October's bill of £18 was taken from the £52 credit leaving my account £36 in credit. Three didn't apply for October's payment to my bank. They then realized they had duplicated the refund of £52 and took it from my Three account, this was after 5 weeks. I then got a txt saying that I had failed to pay October's bill and would be cut off in 48 hrs!
Three had my direct debit info the whole time. I then got a bill for £36 which I cannot afford. I contacted Three asap and explained that I can't pay 2 months at once to be told as a gesture of goodwill they would just take £18. I kept checking my account but it still said £36. After 3 days I contacted Three again via web chat and was told not to worry just £18 will be taken and this would show on my account after 24hrs. I then waited another 2 days and again contacted Three via web chat to be told 24hrs again. I explained that this had been promised twice before yet hadn't been done so I wished to complain. I spent hours keep explaining what was happening with my account over and over (Three didn't have a clue) and after been offered £18 credit which was confirmed by 3 different customer service representatives to be told by the dedicated complaints team that no £18 had been offered they would credit me £5. I told them the date, time and name of the person who offered it and explained that I had screenshots confirming this, then miraculously the £18 was back on the table. My account still says my bill is £36, after numerous attempts to sort this out. Their isn't £36 in my bank so if this isn't rectified I will have no option but to cancel the direct debit and throw the SIM. This is how Three treat genuine customers. I was with sky then talk talk and never missed a payment. AVOID Three has my number as it's requested when you leave a review yet post on here telling you to go through yet another form of contact. Just another example of their delaying tactics! Please note I cannot add a JPEG document or any photos from my gallery, the only option is to take a photo.
markf156
June 7th, 2017
I keep getting inundated with spammy texts from three (with astonishing frequency) suggesting that I could save money by changing from PAYG to a contract on EXCLUSIVE OFFER!. I currently pay less than £5 a month on PAYG, whereas the contract that would supposedly save me money would cost £7 a month.

I fail to see where where the saving is.

Supposedly I should should be able to opt out from these spammy, misleading texts (the texts themselves, incidentally, to not instruct on how to do this). But it seems the online control panel is broken as I am unable to do so.
michaelc22
August 31st, 2011
I really have to write this review on Three.co.uk they have to be the worst mobile phone network on the planet there customer service is on the borderline of dreadful I was with three for my mobile phone all rental and I was glad to go from them I am now with Vodafone and they are heels better than three.co.uk also there network is so much better than three.
rebeccah102
May 13th, 2017

Impossible to have any meaningful interaction with customer service at Three

By James D.

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the Three.co.uk staff and other customers.

Shop the latest mobile phones, SIM and mobile broadband deals from Three, the UK's fastest growing mobile network.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Three.co.uk?

See reviews as you browse with our Chrome extension

2.2
Have a question about Three.co.uk?