Three

Trustpilot
1.6 / 5
Reviews.io
3.2 / 5

Three has a consumer rating of 1.46 stars from 26 reviews indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Consumers complaining about Three most frequently mention customer service problems. Three ranks 172nd among Mobile Phones sites.

How would you rate Three?

“Best Mobile Company in UK”

Rebecca H.
5/13/17

Great Service and awesome deals right now. Their feel at home offers are insane. Thank you as you have saved me a fortune over the last couple of years. I cant recommend these guys enough especially if you travel alot like me!

“Worst company I have ever dealt with”

Ian B.
7/29/21

During this pandemic I have had great experiences with many companies offering some forebearance in understanding of the severe financial difficulties so many of us are facing. I cannot say the same for THREE, they are completely unwilling to help in any way. All I wanted to do was reduce the completely unnecessary data allowance they sold me but customer service and the financial difficulties of their customers is obviously not something they care about. AVOID AT ALL COSTS

ianb600
July 29th, 2021

Tip for consumers:
Stay away from this company, there are many others who are actually willing to help their customers.

Phone

billien22
March 16th, 2021

If i could put no stars I would.
Absolutely disgusting and no point in talking to the complaints team as you never get a straight answer for anything.
They will rob you for any amount, where ever they can find a loop hole.
They do not like to provide you with any evidence of chat due to "data protection" or receipts for bills that you have paid.
The frustration I had trying to get straight answers and help is appalling.

I would not recommend three to anyone.

Do not choose three

giulioi3
April 19th, 2021

I just hope the ombudsman services will punish them severly for their appalling way of doing business. They didn't provide any service in my area, then they cancelled the contract without providing any notice and claimed £400 for early termination fee. If I don't pay that effects my credit score so eventually I paid even if the debt was disputed before the ombudsman.

geng13
April 13th, 2021

Categorically the absolute WORST network service provider. After being with them for 4+ years I'm finally sick to death. I will never, ever again consider using them! Ever! The staff are ill trained and incredibly aggravating. I do not have enough words to describe my experience with three, NEVER AGAIN.

mercedesb54
February 3rd, 2021

Three
I had a terrible experience with Three. I regrettably signed a new contract with it and was supposed to get a new phone and arranged a direct debit after paying an upfront fee. I never received the phone and after calling I lost count of how many times, I was first told that it was delivered to wrong address and they said to wait as they would send the phone in two more days. I never got the phone and after waiting and calling them I got nowhere. I have cancelled the contract and have asked to have my initial fee refunded. Still waiting as they say they are investigating. This company is useless, I should have never thought of leaving Vodafone and now I'm back white them and will never change.

Products used:
I stayed with Vodafone which is much better, reliable and better customer service

robins1043
November 6th, 2021

Absolutely awful customer service! Trying to get an answer from the complaints department is like pulling teeth! Absolutely no compassion, but a rude and extremely antagonist experience! An awful experience throughout, and I for one will never recommend them!

Just go somewhere else!

Phone

rebeccah102
May 13th, 2017

gordonm192
October 20th, 2020

Be warned! I purchased a sim only deal for 12 months contract in August 2020. My internet speeds were less than 1mbps. When i called Three customer service they told me to call back tomorrow and ended the call. After 10 days of calling, i finally got to speak to someone. They said they were having issues with a mast and would be fixed in 4 weeks. I asked if i could cancel my contract without paying fees and they assured me i could as i could not get any internet at a reasonable speed. I switched mobile network, and now i am getting at least 10 calls a day from Three demanding £180. Then the letters started, and now they have put a debt collection agency on to me who are pestering me around 5 times a day.

Please, stay away from this company.

Find someone else, i know Three are cheap, but when things dont work out, no matter what they promise you... its just going to end up nasty.

hazelc66
September 24th, 2020

Appalling experience, took to the Ombudsman, who unfortunately are in bed with the Communications companies they are supposed to regulate. David Reilly is an ignorant CEO. Had to involve my local councillor. My advice is avoid at all cost.

gos3
January 14th, 2020

I moved 5 numbers to Three from an other provider. The experience has been terrible. It is almost impossible to get hold of anyone at Three, the mobile reception has been patchy and there is no visual voice mail. I have unlimited data plans but the speed is very poor.

I am trying to cancel the contract within the 14 day period but they are making it as difficult as possible by not giving me my PAC codes. They keep saying they will text it to me but they don't. They say I must register online but that doesn't work. When I call, they put me on hold for long periods and pass me around from one place to another without resolution. I have also been cut me off abruptly after hours of wait. When I finally get to speak to them, they make it as if I have never spoken to them before and they ask me the same questions and reasons for cancelling over and over again. I have been on waiting on their chats and phone systems for over 6 hours in the past two days to get my PAC code! Terrible.

I wouldn't join them even if it was free.

zinam2
September 8th, 2016

Let's all be honest, Three is the worst of all UK mobile phone service providers. Their customer service is below the standard required from an average mobile phone service provider. They have this unforgiving, pathetic, and harassing behaviour towards their customers for an outstanding bill. Even if the balance is below 2£. From the information we wave gathered, using Three Mobile Service is riskier than other services. These guys provide a ''neck on your throat' service and would cut your line off when most needed and just like that. Based on the information we have received, they also call their customers harassing them to make a payment or else their services would be restricted. Most of their customer service callers are based outside the UK. It seems, there can't be a service less worse than Three. Speak to a UK rep if you are running behind your bill and wants a bit of time. It is not a guarantee though that your complaint would be resolved. Do not waste your time with this service. They are pathetic, and one of the worst UK Mobile phone Service provider. Keep off and they will be forced to change.

dannyc24
December 25th, 2014

One, two, THREE but I'll give it FIVE!

I write this review on behalf of all those, "not so young" phone users, who want a "pay-as-you-go" service but without that "pay-through-the-nose" call cost.

I recently got a new smartphone, yes I can use a smartphone, even at my great age of 58. I tend to use mobile phones for "emergencies" (the last time i topped up my old mobile was 2008) and the landline for the rest. My old mobile charged 30pence a minute and average signal coverage. I changed to three and now get 3pence per minute+good signal coverage+150mb of data free each time I top up. I have used the phone more in the last month, than I did in the last two years.

Three was easy to set up, a good signal coverage (and I live in the wilds of Cumbria), had a free sim and a call rate a lot cheaper than even a landline. If you are looking for a call provider and don't want to get ripped off on pay as you go, then give three a go.

Update 23/05/2016 I have been with 3three for about eighteen months and am still 100% happy with them. A good signal, very cheap calls, texts and data. An easy to use website, which makes topping up a breeze. Yes, I still say if you want cheap easy pay as you go, then give 3three a go.

Tip for consumers:
If you want pay as you go and have an unlocked phone, than get a free Three sim.

toms1671
August 27th, 2021

I was under the impression that when you bought something it had to be fit for purpose. Well 3 might think that 2mbps is but I don't and calling them is pointless as it's just the same old excuses ad infinitum.my contract ends shortly and I won't be going back, Anything is better than them Anything at all.

briang1029
April 20th, 2021

After many loyal years at '3' being a customer on their 321 PAYG network, I suddenly wondered how my balance was disappearing so quickly recently. I found to my horror that my 321 plan had been stopped, and I had been put on another more expensive one. I always disliked '3' as there was no way of checking where you had spent your balance. I used up virtually all my remaining balance and after reading lots of reviews moved my number to 1p mobile. 1p per min, 1p per text and 1p per Mb data. I am not a heavy user of data, so it suited me fine. The only drawback is that you must top up every 4 months with £10. That is only £2.50 per month, plus your balance never runs out. They were excellent in providing a new sim card, a number to text '3' for a PAC code and found it simple to Port my mobile number over to them.
The added benefit is that you can see online (or mobile) where every penny is spent.
Early days to write a review for 1p mobile, but as they use the EE network, it is more stable than '3' was.
Worth a bash if like me, you don't use the internet much on your mobile. What is there to lose. Should have done this ages ago.

1p mobile

danielh1624
April 26th, 2021

The worst phone company in the world. Absolute disgrace NEVER GET A CONTRACT WITH THIS COMPANY! I finished paying my contact off and they said was fully paid and then trying to still charge me for something I'm not even using anymore after they said it was closed and fully settled. I wouldn't recommend this company to my worst enemy.

Contract Phone

shamira1
October 1st, 2021

Awful. Awful. Awful. Awful. Awful. Avoid at all costs. It was fine to begin with and now it does not connect to anything. No internet at all. I asked them on twitter to cancel and they sent me a link about cancelling and the cancellation rights on their website.

I thought Vodafone were terrible. They are bad as each other it seems. There is no reception on the phone too. So what are customers paying? I suggest a petition is started against them to at least explain why it is so rubbish.

Avoid them and do not bother wasting your time and money on these companies who don't even show any duty of care.

Thanks,

Shamir
Twitter:@muslimshamir

bobm1093
November 8th, 2021

ONE STAR BECAUSE I CAN'T PUT NONE.
THE SIM IS NEVER WORKING. I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO GET IT BACK TO WORK FOR 2 MONTHS NOW AND STILL NOTHING. I NEED TO WAIT FOR 1 WEEK BETWEEN EACH EAIL RESPONSE AND FORGET ABOUT CALLING CUSTOMER SUPPORT IT DOES NOT EXIST. OH AND SORRY I FORGOT BUT THE ONLY THING THAT DOES WORK VERY WELL WITH THE IS TACKING YOUR ONEY AS THEY HAVE CHARGED ME THE 2 PAST MONTH DESPITE THE FACT THAT THE SIM HAS BEEN DOWN. IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR A HEADACHE DO NOT HESITATE THREE IS THE PLACE FOR YOU.

michaelc22
August 31st, 2011

I really have to write this review on Three.co.uk they have to be the worst mobile phone network on the planet there customer service is on the borderline of dreadful I was with three for my mobile phone all rental and I was glad to go from them I am now with Vodafone and they are heels better than three.co.uk also there network is so much better than three.

philipe56
November 30th, 2019

If only you could give zero stars

It takes hours to try and sort your problem and they never do what they say they will... third chat with customer relations today, so 3 hours so far... let's hope they do what they have promised three times so far... stay away from this company is my advice.

Don't get me wrong, everyone is polite and says how important it is to get it right for you, they just never do what they promised

The only bonus is that this issue arose on my pay as you go sim, and I was just about to move our contract sims over to them... lucky escape there.

leem610
November 28th, 2021

Customer services do not care about they Customer s or the the way they treat them... lies... lies

Samsung s21

michaeln1124
December 11th, 2020

Instead solve issue they create more. Facing problems since February 2020. Got credit that I cannot use. Been charge for cancellation fee and I'm still with network company

richyt
June 7th, 2021

Coverage issue., talked to the customer team manytimes same questions and same answers...

victore102
July 17th, 2021

Three network coverage is total crap and I am not even sorry for these harsh words. I was stupid enough to sing up for a 24 month contract because I just moved to the UK and did not research mobile operators well enough. I also have 2 SIM cards with Three, which doubles the trouble.
Network coverage is close to non existing. When outdoors in the very center of London it kinda works, but going just a bit on the outskirts, such as Hamstead, Shepherd's Bush, Richmond or wherever I barely get 1 or 2 bars. Trying to plan a route on google maps while being on the street? Make sure you take a few steps in the direction where you have just enough internet to serve your needs. Trying to use internet indoors is out of question. Wanna go to the restaurant? Make sure you google for images of the dishes before you enter, because no internet will be served for you inside! 5G coverage across London? I barely get 4G anywhere I go!
Trying to resolve issues the nice way also did not help. On top of technical problems, the customer service ignorance is astonishing. I actually have a quote ref (30971727) which is a disgrace. This is not the first time I complained, but the first one which triggered me. I called them to say I want to leave Three because of the network coverage. I got a bunch of non-sense suggestions, such as reset your network settings, close all apps, restart phone, etc. We are living in the 21st century and are still struggling to provide normal service without telling customer to switch on/off? Then Three asked me which postcode I am in. Stop. Really? What is this question about? It has nothing to do with the quality of service. Anyways, I was at Shepherd's Bush, so I told them the post code. You will not believe it, but then Three told me that there is some maintenance work happening at this postcode and I need to wait for a month until it gets resolved and they advised me to use WiFi in the meantime. I replied that this is nonsense. Then Three got disconnected and I received an SMS saying that my complain was resolved. NO. That is total crap, my case is NOT resolved. I have used many other providers in different EU countries, nothing comes close to this crap. If I complain about the network coverage in general why even bother asking me for the specific postcode? Do you see me living my whole life within one block? Am I not allowed to leave my postcode area? Why did I even get a SIM if all I do is sit at home? Guess what, I am constantly traveling around UK & EU and I need internet everywhere I go. I know they have been instructed to talk down customers so they cannot leave Thee, but they brought it to a whole new level.

johnl3058
July 28th, 2021

I wish I could leave less than one star. After my phone was stolen I contacted Three who told me a replacement SIM could be sent out to me, or I could pick one up in a store immediately. I closed my business up to go to a three store and was told it would take about 2 hours to activate a SIM. Two hours later I was told on live chat that it would take up to 24 hours. I was then falsely told my activation would be prioritised. The next time I contacted Three I was told 48 hours to activate a SIM. I then spoke with 5 different people on live chat who all gave me completely contradictory information. Some said that going to the store wouldn't do anything, while others said that only stores could activate SIMS acquired there. Every time I contacted Three I was given a longer time frame. Later on I was told that another SIM had been activated on my account, a SIM that had been mailed to my old address, something which I never asked for. I pointed out at least 5 times that I can't access my old address to which the live chat kept reminding that an activated SIM would be delivered today, clearly ignoring my messages. I then went to the Three store where I was told that it would now be 5 days to activate my SIM. 5 days when I was told two hours and the Three website lists that it should happen within a couple of hours but can take up to 24. When I said this was absolutely not good enough and I can't run a business withouht my phone, the offered me a temporary SIM for the week. Only problem is the temporary SIM has a different number, therefore I can't access Whatsapp or any apps with two step verification. This is beyond unacceptable in 2021. 5 days to activate a SIM that I was mislead into buying under the pretext that I would be able to use the phone that day. This is the information I was given Three staff and their own website. Furthermore every time I went onto Live Chat I was lied to. Worst phone company I've ever dealt with. I look forward to my contract expiring so I can leave Three.

Anyone considering joing Three, know too that their data coverage is almost non existent in London, the South East, Wales and anywhere rural.

steves1689
November 9th, 2020

AVOID AVOID The worst customer service…
AVOID AVOID The worst customer service I have ever had the pleasure of paying for! All you get are apologies and false promises, they cannot complete the simplest tasks and keep telling you to contact them in a different way.
I took my initial complaint to the ombudsman after Three offered me £5 for messing me about over 5 hours. Three then offered me £52 refund which I accepted. They then credited my account with the £52 AND refunded me £52 by bank transfer. October's bill of £18 was taken from the £52 credit leaving my account £36 in credit. Three didn't apply for October's payment to my bank. They then realized they had duplicated the refund of £52 and took it from my Three account, this was after 5 weeks. I then got a txt saying that I had failed to pay October's bill and would be cut off in 48 hrs!
Three had my direct debit info the whole time. I then got a bill for £36 which I cannot afford. I contacted Three asap and explained that I can't pay 2 months at once to be told as a gesture of goodwill they would just take £18. I kept checking my account but it still said £36. After 3 days I contacted Three again via web chat and was told not to worry just £18 will be taken and this would show on my account after 24hrs. I then waited another 2 days and again contacted Three via web chat to be told 24hrs again. I explained that this had been promised twice before yet hadn't been done so I wished to complain. I spent hours keep explaining what was happening with my account over and over (Three didn't have a clue) and after been offered £18 credit which was confirmed by 3 different customer service representatives to be told by the dedicated complaints team that no £18 had been offered they would credit me £5. I told them the date, time and name of the person who offered it and explained that I had screenshots confirming this, then miraculously the £18 was back on the table. My account still says my bill is £36, after numerous attempts to sort this out. Their isn't £36 in my bank so if this isn't rectified I will have no option but to cancel the direct debit and throw the SIM. This is how Three treat genuine customers. I was with sky then talk talk and never missed a payment. AVOID Three has my number as it's requested when you leave a review yet post on here telling you to go through yet another form of contact. Just another example of their delaying tactics! Please note I cannot add a JPEG document or any photos from my gallery, the only option is to take a photo.

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the Three staff and other customers.

Shop the latest mobile phones, SIM and mobile broadband deals from Three, the UK's fastest growing mobile network.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Three?

Have a question about Three?