AT&T

2018 CUSTOMER CHOICE AWARD

AT&T has a consumer rating of 2.51 stars from 634 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. AT&T also ranks 7th among Internet Service Provider sites. The most common issues with AT&T are around customer service, which is not as good as expected by some customers.

Positive reviews (last 12 months): 4.9%

• I really can't complain, and I feel like I'm getting a deal (note: I do not use AT&T for mobile phone service).
  • My first call to AT&T was 3 days after I submitted the request to unlock my 4 phones.
  • 2018 Customer Choice Winner

• AT & T customer service is the worst I have ever experienced.
  • Switched phone service from Sprint to AT&T OBER A MONTH AGO and it turned into a cluster f--k.
  • My bill will jump from $120 to $400 anytime for no reason.
How would you rate AT&T?

“Don't get scammed by these crooks”

Ronald P.
8/2/20

I was totally deceived by the sales rep at the AT&T store. I was told my bill would be one price, but when the bill came it was significantly higher, like $80 higher. The guy flat out scammed me. These people have morality. In the midst of a pandemic they are out here scamming the public. BEWARE! This company practices deceptive sale tactics, and should be charged criminally.

“Worst Customer Service Ever”

Mahesh D.
5/16/20

Called their retention dept to try to get a better deal to save money in these pandemic times and representative said they could save me $40 a month. I signed up along with a phone upgrade. Was all happy till I got the email of my new services, instead of $40 less my new monthly bill is going be $40 more! Tried calling to rectify, still on the phone with them for over an hour. Will cancel and switch to Verizon or T-Mobile. ATT doesn't care about their customers. Stay away worst customer service!

customer service (156) phone (226) bill (168) internet service (30) direct tv (25) month (156) phone service (24) account (83) 2 hours (21) 20 years (12) time (184) 2 months (11)
maheshd10
May 16th, 2020
melissab1147
July 7th, 2020
We were trained to ATT for years, and finally made the move to t-mobile. Their phone reps are terribly trained, the website always seems to have some kind of error, the app is ridiculous to navigate. I can't believe we have them money for so long, especially after finding out people on other carriers were paying half what we were for MORE benefits. My first 24 hours with T Mobile has been a dream. Perfect customer service, great site, AWESOME price.
stevenf611
June 17th, 2020
AT&T recently upgraded me to 1000 with a Fiber Optic Cable. Now it only uploads and downloads at about 400mbps. It was faster before I got the faster high speed internet. They are basically stealing and defrauding everyone everyday and raking in BILLIONS from this Internet 1000 SCAM. I hope during the revolution AT&T Executives are stood up in front of a firing squad. I hate liars and corporate liars even more. It's a lot of hate I know
rc398
September 1st, 2020
I would not recommend AT&T to my worst enemy. The lack of service and incompetency cost my company thousands of dollars when we were trying to establish our office in Houston. I am "stuck" using this poor service at my home too due to no other options. Two tin cans and a string is a better option. I have spent countless number of hours/days trying to get service installed and fighting billing errors. I wish I was being sarcastic regarding the amount of time and loss of productivity this company has caused me, but I'm not.
jerryv70
September 3rd, 2020
My kids couldn't complete their school work because ATT cant get their internet straight. The person down the road has an ATT van outside his house and I have yet to see it move. By far the worst internet service I have ever had, maybe y'all should stick to selling phones. I've had this internet for goin on five years and haven't been satisfied yet. Idiots... Contact me because I think your customers need a couple free months or refunds. I'm ready to cancel my service. Thanks.
reginas192
June 25th, 2020
AT&T fabricate pricing. They tell you one thing and then switch it on you! I was told that getting my band width larger would only cost 10 dollars more but they charged me 30 dollars more than that. They have done this to me a couple times. Bait and switch is there game. Then they put you on hold forever to see if they can help you. Make you wait then hang up on you. I'm contacting the Attorney General in Michigan. I've been told by a government agency that they get a lot of complaints.
christopherc861
January 6th, 2020
I never experienced such poor service. Every day, my order either got cancelled (for no apparent reason and without my consent), or the install date got pushed back. Every time I call they say the issue will get resolved and it never does. I spent over an hour on the phone with them several times, however, it made absolutely no difference.

I don't understand how a compony can operate this way and stay in business. By far the worst service I ever received from any company.
jennyk241
June 3rd, 2020
Worst customer service ever. Rep in store created 2 accounts in my name when I only opened one ruined my credit because I had no idea it existed and it ended up in collections. I was promised a discount I never got was charged the full price for my phone when it was supposed to be free. I canceled automatic payments and they took my money with out my permission when I wasn't even supposed to be charged that amount I would not recommend att to anyone. Worst cellphone company ever by far
rld1
June 11th, 2020
• Updated review
Today I got a call from an at&t customer telling me she has been receiving emails from at&t with my account activity that has included products ordered, shipping addresses, and phone numbers! Granted a lot of that is probably available to someone with simple internet skills, but to have a company like at&t sending it is a big time failure.

I've got a call into speak with someone, but told it could be 72 hours for a call back. I guess customer info security is not a big concern to them. :(
At&t website incomplete
June 1st, 2020
• Previous review
This weekend has been horrible trying to use the at&t website. I entered an order for a new line on my account on Friday. Come Saturday morning the order was cancelled. When I called in I was told it was flagged as fraud. The agent walked me through booking the order and I booked a second order for a new line. Everything looked fine all day Sunday, but come Monday not only was the ordered cancelled by my account was flagged for fraud! All lines were down and my login stated it was suspended! I called in again and I was told they are having a lot of problems with online ordering and only a manager can put through an order. I was told it would be up to two hours to get a callback. That time is up and I'm on hold for an agent.

This is not the only issue I've had with at&t this weekend. I can't access my MicroCell Management page and no one there knows how to do that. I also noted that on Friday there were no links to be able to look at or pay my bill online! The page is going through some changes as I can now get to bill paying, but things are changing. This haphazard web release would not have been acceptable and should not be considered acceptable for a company the size of at&t.
darrellt60
April 2nd, 2020
I recently became a customer with this company. And within 2 months I've had enough. I am done this company. Their service sucks, internet is slow as $#*!, and rude ass employees. Nearly impossible to get customer service. And if you need an extra day to pay your bill. Hang it up. They want that 45 dollar reconnection fee. Then Another fee for calling them and sitting on hold for more than 30 min...$20 bucks. They act like we inconvenience them with their problems. I've never had a company be so rude. This is a joke. Scamming and ripping people off for a necessity should be illegal. I owe them about 1100 dollars for a plan I signed up for. They can kiss my ass and charge it to the game. I'd rather have straight talk.
noels58
April 15th, 2020
When I decided to give AT&T TV and Internet a try I was offered rebates if I place an online order. The rebate was for $250 on a debit card. After I placed my order AT&T only issued a $100 rebate. AT&T did a switch and bait. That's not a good way to keep customers. We will tell our friends and family not to trust you.
alc192
July 9th, 2020
Horrible, worse company ever. Do not get AT&T for anthing. I have Direct Tv/WiFi (mind you I have BASIC channels) I have to watch movies on Netflix. My bill will jump from $120 to $400 anytime for no reason. Back in May I had to create a payment plan to get out a $400 bill, June it was back down to $80, now we're in July and it's back to $400 FOR NO REASON! Scammers! And to top it off my Contract was renewed for another year without my consent
montezw1
August 12th, 2020
First of all my service stay going out this is a everyday thing. Then their technicians don't do they job correct. We call them about a wire not being buried because the lawn service keep cutting the cable. They come out and bury the wrong cable. I'm just frustrated with this service if it gets cut again I'm just going to change service.
mandyd56
May 18th, 2020
AT&T has been difficult in the sense that the website and general customer service automated system is not user friendly. I had an unfortunate customer service experience recently that was completely rectified by two agents of whom I spoke to today. Henry with AT&T internet customer service and May with AT&T Direct TV customer service. They were BEYOND ACCOMMODATING and so incredibly attentive and kind. These two agents are the reason I am happy with my AT&T service and they deserve to be recognized. Thank you Henry and May for your excellent customer service! You rocked it!
ramzih2
March 29th, 2020
My son is teeageer and he receive a call from Att that he is eligible for free phone... they send him a new ph with new line with out my permission. Last month they charge me 155.00 as extra on my regular bill and this month i receive extra 455.00. Perhaps i call and explain and i cancel the service... this is rubbing people in a nice way. Im going to close my account for ever. I was a customer for more than 13 years... i had it and i can not handle it any more...
maryc1504
May 29th, 2020
Was having trouble connecting my television with the wireless equipment. Called in April and customer service sent out a technician to solve the problem as a customer got 30 something years I was unaware there was going to be a charge of 105 dollar. I'm laid off from work during the Pandemic. And Att decides to take advantage of their customers at this time
anitaw140
July 2nd, 2020
Randall Stephenson needs to fix AT&T's damn Cell Service! He's worried about police reform? He needs to worry about why Verizon is kicking his rear end. You guys claim to be the best? It's laughable! I have 1 bar in a metropolitan city and get 4 bars in the back woods. Seriously! Worry about giving better service and less about Police Reform. If I didn't have to have AT&T for work, I wouldn't have it at all. Worst cell service in America!
jimmyb167
March 22nd, 2020
Switched phone service from Sprint to AT&T OBER A MONTH AGO and it turned into a cluster f--k. It has been the most pathetic, confusing nightmare I have ever experienced. It has been going on since January and still totally screwed up. I cannot go into details because it would take much too long. These people are useless. My sales rep. Was Matthew and he refuses to return my text messages.Be aware, DO NOT SPEAK WITH THIS GUY. AVOID HIM AT ALL COST. HE WORKS OUT OF THE DOMAIN. I HAVE HIS PH. NUMBER AND FULL NAME IF YOU NEED IT
allenb208
June 12th, 2020
Worst service. Poor customer relations. Poor technical support!. Inept. Why anyone would bother with this company I do not know!
joed591
February 3rd, 2020
AT & T customer service is the worst I have ever experienced. It is hard to understand the people you are speaking with. I called to change my billing address on my account, that is all. I was on the line for over 35 minutes. I kept being switched from one person to another. You can't even call it Customer Service. It is the most incompetent service I have ever experienced.
danielleb364
September 2nd, 2020
New 1st time customer. Called on Friday to get wifi for new job i started on Wednesday after struggling through covid-19 pandemics. They promise me Saturdays, than Tuesday than Wednesday than Thursday which cost me my new job. All i got was 8 different reps 100 "Im sorry" still No equipment. Worst service ever would never recommend.
josei45
June 15th, 2020
Have been a customer for over 3 years. Phones voice-mail wasn't working so I purchased a new phone (Note10+) with my own money since nobody could tell me why it says my number is inactive when someone tries to call me. I've lost some business due to this and heaven forbid if you ask for a discount. Switching to Sprint for half the price and double the service!
anthonym1113
September 13th, 2020
Lie, cheat and steal is their strongest beliefs. The service is horrible and dead spots all over. I had metro and had far better service which is sad. If you want a reliable and affordable service, you can't beat t-mobile. Trust me made the mistake leaving them to find out I got ripped off by att. Thankfully t-mobile even has an awesome plan to bring you back to them.
kimberlye143
February 28th, 2020
I had internet... called to see about adding tv to bundle. Was told I could. Quoted me a price of $69.99 plus tax. Got my bill & it was for $164.24... called in. Was told that you cannot add/bundle service to an existing service. There is nothing they can do. They SCAM you! They rope you in telling you stuff they have no clue about & then they bill you totally different amount & then claim they can't bundle after the fact! Then you are stuck in a 2 year contract that costs to get out of it! Will NEVER recommend AT&T to anyone EVER! Will give bad feedback everytime!
jeffp503
May 18th, 2020
I was looking for a review to leave for the customer service for AT&T in taxes his name was Rodolfo he did a great job and he's a great employee I'm a x pastry chef from the Ritz-Carlton and definitely I would hired man like that thank you for hiring someone like that I know sometimes employs like myself even at the Ritz-Carlton do not get recognized but thank you very much five diamonds thank you AT&T Jeffrey from Miami please pass it on I wasn't sure where to leave this review thank you to whoever reads it God bless you and be safe

The reason that AT & T gets bad reviews now is because their level of service has drastically declined with everything from misleading information about pricing to rude customer service! The company is awful!

By Cathy D.