Review of AT&T

Tel: 3051679857
2018 Customer choice award

andrews644
7/16/19

I recently went to ATT in Dunwoody, Ga to upgrade my phone. Upon arriving at home, I realize ATT gave me the wrong phone. The next day I return the phone. At first ATT was going to accept return, but then wanted me to pay a $45 restocking fee because I opened the box. When I said this was absurd, the Manager, Tam Lee (if this is his last name) then said if I did not pay, he would not exchange the phone because he now sees a scratch. The Manager, Tam Lee, then wants to stare me down. I asked for his Managers name and he said NO he did not have to give me his number. So he begins to stare at me, cocks his head to the left and says "what do you want to do".
Is this really how ATT trains their Managers.
I exchange stares, pay the $45 because I need a phone and feel as though I did not have a choice if I needed a phone.
Not only will I never recommend ATT, I will go out of my way to encourage everyone I know to move away from ATT.

gianluigip1
7/10/19

I travel in the USA and I use this Operator. It's the best for me. Good coverage and services. Good plans and prices.

dennisv36
7/6/19

Fours years ago I had AT&T as my internet provider, It was too slow, and I did not like the service, so I canceled it, At the time on the original order for the Internet, we bought a protection plan with online support. When we canceled the Internet, we also canceled the protection. That was four years ago but, they still kept charging me the $15.00 per month for the add on protection

I called numerous times and talked with many agents who told me they would correct the problem. Never happened! I calculated AT&T owes me approximately $750.00 over four years for failure to cancel the charges we no longer needed or wanted. The last time I talked with an agent, I surmised from the conversation that was going nowhere. I asked to speak to a supervisor and was told that there was none available. Total jerks! They talk a lot, but it's all bull $#*!. When I canceled my subscription with AT&T they just acted like nice having you around for eleven years, "pasta la vista

We were AT&T customers for eleven years. They could care less. I checked their reviews

3 and 90% were one star. That speaks a lot.

lynnem93
7/5/19

I moved into a new home. I arranged. To have internet installed 2 days after closing. I was sent an email 3 days prior informing me services was already at that address but with a different name and I had 7 days to correct the error or they would cancel my order. I closed on time and called the next day to verify installation only to find out they already cancelled my account. It took 3 calls to customer service (in the Philippines) and 1 to Technical support in Chicago only to tell me it would be a week before they could provide me service. I was also told I am not eligible for a technician and I would have do a self install. Fine overnight me the kit and let move on, no they cannot do that. On 2 occasions i was told I would receive a call back within and hour confirming my install. Here we are 3 days later no call, I again called customer services (Philippines again) and it took their agent 17 minutes to confirm my install date after I provided her with my phone number. Fingers crossed my install will happen. They refuse to let you speak with a supervision. The kicker was when the agent said "I am sorry, this is not your fault and it is not AT&T fault.......I lost it........there are only us 2 involved who in the world is responsible??????
They are horrible....I lost a weeks of work and pay because I work from home, which I repeatedly told them. They don't care, they read a script, they are awful. Outsourcing only works to save the big companies money, it screws the consumer and those making you your profits.

willc111
6/25/19

THEY TOOK FOUR MONTHS TO INSTALL, INSTALLED THE WRONG EQUIPMENT, AND THEN OVERBILLED BY 50%

BEWARE!!!!!!!

mariad291
6/23/19

We just started service with them a few weeks ago. We see that we are going to be paying a lot more than expected. My son noticed that online we should have a lot more for what we are paying. The chat tells him yes we can do that the. Gabriel Tells us no sorry this is what you get. Literally hangs up on us. Disrespectful, rude and the service suck! My god what a scam!

jennyc235
6/22/19

AT&T had to give me one more go around of absolute CRAP before I fully left their company. They lost my phone # in transition to switching to Spectrum, saying that I only told them I wanted to cancel service, not switch service. That is 100% untrue. I told them that I needed my phone unlocked so I can switch phone companies since At&t is beyond over priced, their customer service is almost always below average, and I constantly get hung up on by them, or put on hold for longer than necessary to get an issue resolved. In order to get the number I have had for the past 19 years back, which was sent back into "phone space", they told me they had to run my credit to make sure I was eligible to receive that # again even though I was fully paid out with them, and had my payments automatically deducted and was never late on a bill. I have never been given such the run around by a company before. I am 100% done with AT&T, and recommend anyone else who has them to leave their joke of a company sooner than later. Document everything, every time you speak to their representatives, because they will change your story on you, and try to turn their problem into your fault.

sundeepb2
6/18/19

AT&T is one of the worst companies out there. Their employee are not trained so they give you promotions that aren't suppose to be given out, and at the end of it all you are stuck paying this bill that doesn't make any sense. What does AT&T do? They tell you, the customer, and I quote, "well you should have known better". I've sued them and won for their stupidity and warn all customers to stay away from this horrible company. We started off with a $200 bill and after 10 years or no upgrades to the plan we were paying $1000 and they couldn't understand why we were being charged that price and couldn't do anything about it'. That is the way they treat their customers!! Never again will I EVER get their services. I'm going site to site to share my experience so other families don't get into the horrible situation!

pauls1042
6/18/19

This company spends a lot of money on advertising their services,however they do not live up to their promises,i have had internet for two years constant Slow Iternet service and they always say it is on my end,WRONG.My equipment and computer is running fine,it on their end,their equipment and systems are outdated.Unless they have thousands of customers in a area they do not upgrade their equipment.So Constant failures,having to restart the gateway 4 times a week and virtually useless some days to even try to get online.

charlesh546
6/4/19

AT&T is the worst company ever! They have the worst customer service ever! And tell lies to make you feel as if you're delusional! I've been with them for 10yrs and the end has come! I'm dead done! I would never recommend anyone to AT&T ever in life! And even the people at the Office of the President of this company lack respect! Prices and fees out of control. And could careless of your circumstances when it comes to your bill.

amyt253
6/1/19

AT&T is a terrible company! We had a bundle and cancelled everything in January. We did it online, but I went into a store to make sure everything was indeed cancelled and was told everything was cancelled. We have continued getting monthly bills. Each month we call and after giving them about 30 minutes of our lives, are told that everything is taken care of. Today we called about the latest bill and were told that there was a record of a March call, but that the cancellation was not in effect until April. So, we own them over $300. (This is not the same as the $400 cancellation fee we paid when cancelling.) Aughhhhhhhh...It would be cheapest ti pay it and be done, but this is wrong. Unless you want to have AT&T until you die, don't use them ever. I wrote this June 1st.

marthaa68
5/28/19

It all started in December 2018... The promotion ended and I had to get a new one. So I just down graded to no STZ and Showtime. My bill was to be $149 a mo. When the bill came it was $199. Nobody could explain where my savings was....
I decided to switch to Direct TV and the technician came on a Saturday and told me bad Idea to mount on ceiling. So it was not installed. Come Monday (May 2019) I have no service at all NBA Play offs
I literally have been on the phone with AT&T early mornings and evenings after work, for a whole week. And nothing gets done. They tell you fake promises just to shut you up. They promise to reimburse me, they promise to send some one this past Saturday nobody showed or tx me to let me know they were not coming. Been waiting over a week for a technician to come and reinstall the service. I screamed, cursed even cryed and the didn't give a !#@*.

rajanv5
5/20/19

I was going to Mexico and told the ATT support to not allow any of my lines to be charged for international calls, and requested none of the lines be able to take or make international calls. 1 month later, I receive an extra $100 additional fee for international calls to my already inflated bill. At this point, I begin the many calls (2 calls a day for over 2hours wait) to ATT in attempts to rectify the false charges. I was given phone numbers to unified 877-999-1085, which led to the ATT automated system hanging up on me every time I called. Another time I was told that there is an International dept that can assist me, and there I was also told they have placed a claim but I never heard back from them. I called in for a few more weeks, until finally after many threats to call my attorney, and creating a class action lawsuit, did I finally get told the money will be refunded. I am still waiting for the money to be refunded. My advise if you are considering ATT is find out how much your time is worth, and forfiet all of it to ATT because that is what you will end up doing if you have the misfortune to become their customer.

treyp19
5/17/19

I live in rural Mendocino County and have ATT DSL "high-speed" internet. Speedtests routinely show speed at 4-5 mbps and in the evening speeds are consistently throttled down to levels 1-3 and streaming, even on a single device is often compromised. 5 years of complaining, replacing equipment, and excuses do nothing to improve the situation. Ironically, the main fiber optic cable through the area to the coast runs through the property I live on. ATT service reps give the same scripted answers when reached. What gives!!?? Unfair practices to throttle speeds in certain areas.

albertoc62
5/17/19

THEY STOLEN MY MONEY AND WHEN CALL THE CUSTOMER SERIVICE THEY DROP THE LINE WHEN THEY UNDERSTAND THEY ARE WRONG.

AVOID THIS COMPANY AS MUCH AS YOU CAN

larisam3
5/14/19

While traveling internationally, I made a point of staying on airplane mode and using wifi, but AT&T still stuck me with a $500 bill since I didn't BUY their international plan. When I called to complain they said there was nothing they could do about the charges and were incredibly rude to me. I'll be switching my provider now. Thank you, next.

bryann53
5/13/19

I don't kno whatever happened to AT&T but they have lost their minds for 8 months I've had nothing but problems my bill gets paid 3 days later I've got another bill due even higher than the one I just paid so numerous times I've contacted them nothing changes aat one point I've got an agent calling me for 3 days just to argue with me it's to the point I've contacted the BBB I'm fed up tthese ppl are ripping us off badly and then trying to make it our fault. I do NOT recommend AT&T to anyone

trishb47
5/10/19

AT&T do not honor their promises, of Visa gift cards!!!!! Do not fall for their bs! I switched to AT&T in February, with the promise of a $100.00 Visa gift card. I never received it, and it is May 10th, today. After spending over two hours trying to get someone to help me, a supervisor finally informed me that I did not qualify for the gift card. WOW! I remember the day that the service technician came to my home. It took over 4 hours to install, no biggie. Then my account manager came to discuss my services and explain everything to me. I asked him several times about the gift card, and he assured me that I would receive it in the mail in 6-8 weeks. Again, no biggie, I am a patient woman. He even gave me his business card with his personal cell number, in case I encountered any problems, or had any questions. When I did not receive the gift card, I called him continuously, and texted him as well. I begged him to help me, since I couldn't get anywhere online or over the phone. He never responded to me, in any fashion. I bet he would have responded immediately if I wanted to purchase more AT&T products. In case anyone would like to reach out to him, his name is Ryan Roggow, and his phone number is 573-225-4699. Tell him Trish gave you his number! SOOOOO, with all of that being said, F U ATT&T, and F U Ryan Roggow. I cancelled my service and I am going back to Spectrum. For the love of god, people, take heed and believe these reviews. I sure wished I would have.

josepho117
5/10/19

In February of 2018, I entered an AT&T retailer to switch from Cricket pre-paid to AT&T monthly service. I had hoped to take advantage of a buy-one-get-one promotion. Since I was coming from Cricket, I worried that I didn't qualify; the salesman assured me that I did qualify, so I signed up for myself and my wife, paying taxes on two $750 phones, assuming that I'd only have to pay the cost of one.

After three months, I wasn't receiving the credit to my bill for the second phone. I called customer service, who could not explain what the problem was. They credited my account for some of what I was owed, then assured me the problem would be fixed the next month. When I received the next bill, the problem had not been fixed, so I called again. This went on for 7 months (two of which I made while abroad). Each time I called, I spent an average of an hour on the phone with customer service; each time with the same result: some kind of credit to my account followed by the promise that it would be resolved.

Finally, in January of 2019, I called customer service once again and was told rather rudely (after I got a little belligerent myself) that I actually did not qualify for the BOGO because I had moved from Cricket.

At this point, I went to the store where I first made the purchase to talk with the manager. I naively intended to give the phone back, but was told that I couldn't because it was used, and was now locked in to a phone purchase to which I had unwittingly committed. But the manager assured me that she could get the BOGO credit to apply to my account.

In February, it hadn't applied, so I went back; the manager said she'd check on it. In March, it hadn't applied; nor in April or in May. I returned one last time in May of 2019, when the manager told me that because I hadn't qualified for the BOGO initially, there was nothing she could do. This IN SPITE OF THE FACT that it was her associate who misled me (whether intentional or not).

I'll admit I'm fortunate that I received as many credits that I did for a program I didn't qualify for. But this was not my mistake: I was assured that I qualified and then, after A YEAR had passed, was finally told a mistake had been made and that there was nothing to do about it. So either I was lied to to make a sale, or the associate did not have all the information that he needed, and AT&T refuses to make it right.

Once these phones are paid off, I plan to never do business with AT&T again.

lorenac30
5/9/19

With competitors offering great deals left and right you would think that at&t would step up their game. Nope. Just don't do it, waste of time and money and when you leave they get you with early termination fees and all sorts of extra costs.

elphagek
5/9/19

If you were smart you will not get AT&T they do not help you at all and they will be no water while I have over six hours on the phone with AT&T and they still can't get it right

tims467
4/30/19

Spent over 2 hours on the phone and accomplished nothing. Just tried to simply transfer my mom's account to the family account. After 2 hours they said we can only do that in store. We went to the store for that sole purpose and was told we needed to do it over the phone. It's an incompetency circle jerk where you get sent from one department to another where no one can actually do anything other than give you a different department to contact. Never have I witnessed so much collective incompetence.

elaineg81
4/23/19

I have been screwed by att for the last time they dobt give a hoot about you me and my grandson was watching cartoons and my service goses off. So I call my bill was 157 I made arrangements to pay that. Sent them 80 dollres ans then turned around and sent them 40 my next due date with them wouldve3been the 29th but that cut me off. I had norhing but a bad experience with this company since I've been with them . Att needs to be shut down

dann102
4/22/19

Since att took over my direct tv account, things are nothing short of a catastrophic event. You now must have a security number, a security code, a security question and an account number to access your account. These people are not able to identify my account with a simple phone number. They are not available 24- 7 as they claim. It is an absolute nightmare dealing with these folks, as you will be charged at every turn to reinstate your account as you were disconnected from their service because you cannot access their service from the internet because of arduous access procedures . BE PREPARED TO HOLD A LONG TIME ON THE PHONE TO DEAL WITH CUSTOMER SERVICE. AND YOU MAY BE DISCONNECTED AND HAVE TO START OVER. EVEN THEY have a hard time accessing YOUR account with their own convoluted, whipsawed, wrapped around the axle, access codes, security questions, various numbers, etc.etc. As a business owner, I would never, ever have such a complicated, misfitted, unfriendly, user system, such as att has. In the old days att was very highly thought of, and that high regard eventually was lost because of greed, power, and manipulation. I hoped with the New Att things would be different. They are not. Stay away from ATT, FIND SOMEONE ELSE TO HANDLE YOUR CABLE NEEDS, AS THEY ARE A WALKING VOLUME OF INCIDENT FROM A TO Z!!!! ATT WOULD BE AN EXCELLENT CASE STUDY, FOR WHAT NOT TO DO TO KEEP AND ATTRACT YOUR CUSTOMERS!!!!

alans341
4/20/19

Almost impossible to speak to a person for support. I signed up for the new fiber internet service. After 3 cancelled installation appointments, the 2-4 hour installation took all day. I tested my speed while the installer was there and was only getting 1/2 of the speed I subscribed to. The installer said his job was done and I should call support. After the difficult hassle of getting to a heavily accented support agent who knew nothing and just read from a script I gave up and tinkered with it myself, I was able to get the promised speed. I pray that I don't have issues in the future that require tech support.

192 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

The reason that AT & T gets bad reviews now is because their level of service has drastically declined with everything from misleading information about pricing to rude customer service! The company is awful!

By Cathy D.

Questions? Get answers from the AT&T staff and other customers.

1 Photo for AT&T