Review of AT&T

Tel: 3051679857
2018 Customer choice award

evak50
4/15/19

They leave you on hold, have a horrible phone system and charge you a $100 for installation even if it's already set up for AT&T!

jonelleg
4/12/19

I switched to AT&T prepaid from virgin mobile prepaid because I bought an iPhone online that was not unlocked. I thought the service would be comparable but I went from paying the same amount and getting 10 GB of data - to AT&T's garbage, insulting deal of 1 GB of data. When I called customer service to unlock my phone so I could go back to virgin mobile , They insulted my intelligence by saying I was stuck with them for six months. When I asked to get transferred to a supervisor they said there was no supervisor available. When I insisted on speaking with the supervisor she put me on hold and pretended to be someone else but it was the exact same voice . She then told me to go online to do an unlock request, which resulted in the same answer. This is the worst company I've ever had the displeasure of doing business with. I can't wait until I never have to deal with at&t ever again!

johnb2533
4/11/19

1. Requires an extra payment monthly due to some autopay bug
2. Ridiculously slow internet
3. Constantly takes me to some website extorting money
4. Unable to turn autopay back on because site license is out of date

carreh
4/5/19

Contact BBB.org to file a complaint against AT&T if you have a problem with them.
I purchased a tablet from them for a Bundled deal. They didn't do what they offered instead they separated everything and I was out $ 300. They admitted it was there fault but Never refunded the their mistake that I paid for.
I cancelled my month to month phone and they charged me $ 632.00 without an itemized bill, I asked for one but was never given one. I only owed $288.00. I ended up paying out $ 505.00.
Never ever until my dying day will I ever go back to them.
They only care about making money !
They will make you go in circles..
They don't care about what you have to say because they have your money.
Money is the root of all evil.
Shame on you, AT&T !!!

kennetho31
4/5/19

I signed up to combine my wireless bill with my Directv bill around March 2016. The reason I combined my bill was because of the $10 off my bill each month promotion. When I called to combine the bills, I asked how long the promotion would last and I was told I would receive the $10 off as long as I maintain both service. Well this past January the $10 disappear from my bill. I call customer service and explain that my bill had change. The customer service representative issued me a $10 credit and he made me think it was fixed. When I got my February bill the $10 combine bill discount still was not on my bill. So I called customer service. The first call I was on hold for at least an half an hour before I talked to someone. When I finally talked to someone I explained what was going on. I had to be put on hold few times. After 56 minutes, I was disconnected. So I called back. After another 20 minutes or more on hold, I finally got to talk to someone. I explained that I got disconnected and had to go through explaining why I called to begin with. After 39 minutes into the call I was disconnected. America's most reliable network at it's best! Totally flustered and frustrated, I called a third time. This time I got a recorded message that said 'my approximate wait time was 1 minute'. Wrong!!! It was another 20 minutes or more. When I finally got to talk to someone, I told them I wanted to talk to a supervisor. After being on the phone for 25 minutes, I got a call from a number I didn't recognize. The AT&T Protect app said the call was from a telemarketer. I ignored it the first time. But I got a another call a minute later. I was on hold with the customer service representative, so I answered the incoming call. It was an AT&T supervisor calling me back from one of my previous calls. I told him I was on hold with a customer service representative and ask if he could hold so I could end my call with her. So I ended the call with the call with the customer rep and continued my discussion with the supervisor.
Here is a summary of what I was told over all the calls I had made. First, I was told that because I enrolled in April of 2018, the offer was only good for 12 months. Well that was wrong in two ways. First, I enrolled in or around March of 2016. Fortunately for me, I still get paper statement, so I had proof. Second, If I did enroll in April of 2018 and had 12 months then I should still be getting the discount through April of 2019. After I got them to admit that I did sign up in 2016, then I was told it was a 24 month promotion. Once again that had to be wrong, because then the $10 discount should have ended in March 2018. After all of that I was not able to get the $10 combine bill reinstated. I did get another $10 credit.
There is really no reason to keep my bills combined anymore. I'm just afraid that I might create another nightmare if I try to uncombined them. I'm posting this in hopes of seeing if anyone else has had a similar problem with combine billing or maybe give others a warning if they are looking to combine their bill.

karenr491
3/29/19

This has to be the WORST customer service I have ever dealt with. I have been on the phone for 8!days at least 3 hours each time and no one can figure out how to fix the problems and they just pass me around from person to person. JUST AWFUL

jimmya56
3/27/19

Let say you have a problem or an appointment if they show up if only they show up you thinking they out working on the problem nop
They gone left leave before you even know it

jacobd82
3/25/19

Get AT&T if you want $#*!ty connection and to drop call and not be able to text.Its so good you get decent signal when you're connected to WiFi it will only drop you ever few calls than

coralj2
3/24/19

I've had the WORST experience with AT&T. My roommate had at&t and ended up moving out and moving her service. All I needed was a router everything else was set up. I learned after I had someone dispatched to set up my internet that I could have had them send over a router and do self set up because all he had to do was plug in the router. I then called to see if I could switch to self set up or see if I could get out of $100 of paying someone to PLUG IN A ROUTER. And the lady I talked to on the phone was extremely rude to me and belittled me. It was the worst customer service I have ever experienced and I work in the service industry and I'm always aware of service. Shame on you AT&T for your customer service I'm now on the lookout for a new provider and want everyone to know how bad my experience was. I'll be writing reviews on yahoo and Facebook and twitter. Customers shouldn't be treated that way.

sabrenah
3/22/19

I was contacted by a representative of That Awful Company, one weekend to return to DirectTV. Since I was such a valued customer over 12+ yrs they would give us visa gift card, discounts, etc to leave Dish and come back to their Services. After comparing what we had and the offers we decided to return. However we did let the representative know upfront that we did Not have internet in our home, he stated that would Not be an issue. After installation the DirectTv did not work 100%. We contacted the representative, he was unavailable. Talked with his manager, he told us to call DirectTv. Apparently the wireless boxes needed internet to record shows.
After contacting the 800 number the lady stated she could get us a $30 plan fir wireless internet. No hidden fees,etc. Since we have been through so much. So we accepted.
After a month, we received our 1st bill....$158.37..... Due to $30 monthly fee, taxes, equipment fees, etc. I contacted AT&T and explained that was not the agreement and I only want to pay for the amout agrreed on. After several times getting transferred, I was told someone would call me back within a week. (No call) I tried calling back after the week was up, I was transferred multiple times and finally placed in a que where i hung up after 10+ mins. I tried calling to pay the bill which was unrecognizable due to a 12 digit account number, it asks for a 9 digit account number. I received an email a couple weeks last stating the inter had been turned off due to lack of payment.
When I tried contacting AT&T to resolve the issue once again I was transferred multiple times. I was told by Meisha, Tyler, and/or Ely at some point that there is nothing that could be done and/or it was going to be escalated and someone was going to return my call.
Ok, 1 we haven't had internet, 2 didn't want internet, and 3 having to pay more for the internet we had to get to make the tv work tgat we switched to.
After spending hours out of my day getting transferred from department to department no one was willing to help me, or I got sent to tge department that was only open Mon-Fri. 9---6. On March 21, 2019 I spoke with Ben in the Loyalty Department, explained everything to him. He mentioned that my bill was so high because we went over our usage by $90. I was confused since its only hookup to the TV, however he mentioned this internet was not one for a home. Ben was confused as to why we were sold a cellphone/hotspot for the home. I asked him since all calls were recorded to please pull the call. After over 2 hours on the phone nothing was taken care of. They did cancel the service, however I still have to pay more than what I was quoted and some. Then Ben proceeded to tell me that I would get another bill.

I trust this is not the way That this Awful Company wishes to conduct business with valued customersI have been with AT&T for many years. I would think AT&T would like to rectify this issue. But was told nope I owes the bill and would get another, RUN DO NOT GET ANY SERVICE OF ANY KIND FROM THIS COMPANY. THEY ARE HORRIBLE!!!!!

Yours faithfully,
One Unhappy Client

charlesl286
3/21/19

I have direct TV and wireless and have to call every month for billing errors. When it was direct TV it was considerably better. With wireless it has always been awful. I got two new lines for christmas gifts and they sent me three phones, now 3 months later and numerous calls and hours (literally hours) on the phone I still am getting charged for that line and the installment plan for the phone. We are likely going to a internet based TV provider and a phone carrier with good customer service. I am totally willing to give up a little coverage for a better overall experience.

shawne50
3/20/19

They are horrible don't trust anything this company says or their customer service that's in another country anyways.

deanneb9
3/20/19

I had Direct TV for 6 1/2 years with great customer service and smooth running equipment. As soon as AT & T took over trouble started. I began receiving emails stating my bill had been not been paid.
It's automatically paid out of my check to Direct TV every month. After about 6 months I got tired of this and when I received a double OOPS bill hasn't been paid (when it has) message, I decided to fire them. It took me 7 phone calls to get through to cancel my account as soon hey kept putting me on hold and then hanging up. AT & T attempted to get me to pay $96.00 which I do not owe!
I finally reported AT &T to WA State ATG/Attorney General's office. A few days later a Man from AT & T calls me back to say "sorry" but will not refund my prepaid payment! I had AT & years ago and fired them. This is my 2nd time firing them and I refuse to do business with a dishonest company who takes ZERO accountability for their deceptive practices. Do not do business with AT &T!

mikek428
3/14/19

The service is terrible. I switch from this company after my service was down and they did not show up for an appointment three times. When I complained I had missed work because of their incompetence (when I checked the service status it said the appointment would happen) until it switch to asking if I was inquiring about the service visit they had made. No one ever showed up. Costumer service lied and said they would show up the next time. They didn't show up. As soon as my contract was up I ran from this company. Beware do not lock yourself in. You will be sorry if you do.

ad190
3/11/19

Was asked if I want to be called by my first name... who asks that? When pressed, she admitted she only asked me and not every customer because she was "not sure". Was also mis-gendered several times. Not a trans friendly business.

adamb427
3/7/19

You guys passed my account about five years ago I was a customer with AT&T for over 20 years and they bashed my account over 4000 over $5000 I've moved I

Already moved to a new carrier carrier T-Mobile one of the very good up late they don't screw people over

feliciam58
3/6/19

STAY AWAY FROM RYAN K!!! THE WORST SALES PERSON EVER!!! ONE STAR IS WAY TO GENEROUS. On August 10, 2018, I made the unfortunate mistake of stopping into the At&t store located at 20825 Hall Rd Macomb, MI 48044. There I met a salesman by the name of Ryan K. I simply stopped in to get a new cable for my iPhone charger. I bought the charger and Ryan engaged me in conversation, asking me about my current wireless and cable provider. I was with Sprint for wireless services and Direct tv for cable. I told Ryan my bill was about $400 a month. He replied "we can do better then that". He told me about a promotion that allowed me to get one cell phone line free. He said he could combine cell services, internet, cable, and a landline for $317 per month plus taxes. I was also told that our devices would be insured. I was told that even though my husband was at the time paying the Direct tv bill and that bill was in his name, everything could be under one bill due to us having the same address. I of course accepted the offer and have been disappointed ever since. I was told it would take a few billing cycles before the bill would be "auto corrected". In September 2018 the bill came and it was incorrect but we knew this would happen. What I didn't know was the quote would go up to $327 monthly plus tax because of an iPhone X on the account. Now I have a new quote from Ryan for $337 monthly plus tax that was sent via my email after I had asked him for a written breakdown of my services. However, I have a recording of Ryan saying the bill is supposed to be $327 monthly plus tax and because I have this evidence I am considering legal counsel. Also none of our devices are insured anymore and this was not authorized by me. I believe we are the victims of a bait and switch. I think this guy was a used car salesmen in his past life as these are the tactics he uses to get you to sign by the dotted line. Pulling numbers out of his rear end but no clout to make them stick. He would have us pay our bills late every month so he could go in and "fix the bill". He was putting in credits for "customer dissatisfaction". Instead of him truly "fixing the bill", he was essentially blaming me and putting a bandaid on the problem every month. I have to believe this is happening more then reported. Maybe everyone who has had to deal with this foolishness should connect and get this guy the job he really deserves...making license plates.

allym51
3/2/19

I have been a customer for years, but that's my own fault for not taking action before this point. They continuously add charges to my bill and almost every time I call the customer service department, they are rude and provide incorrect information. I just called to ask about 2 charges on my account that added up to be around $85. The customer service representative put me on hold for about 10 minutes (which is totally fine, she could have been new) and then told me that I called to cancel my wireless line last month. When I advised that this was not true, she told me that she was reading the notes and that I called to cancel my phone, but then I decided to reactivate it....What? Again, I told her that this never happened. Anyways, she puts me on another hold and comes back with "Those charges are from late fees." One, I never paid my bill late. Two, the late fees are $9.25. Anyways, this type of stuff happens about every other month. I would STRONGLY advise using another company. I have an iPhone 5 and Internet and I can be charged anywhere from $100-$275 depending on what bogus charges they decide to add to my account.

debrab267
2/25/19

Review should be a NEGATIVE 100. This has become the most horrific company I've ever had to deal with. They're nothing but a corporate monster that really doesn't care about customers. We've had Direct TV and Internet from them for years. The end of January our Internet went out, a tech came out and was at our house for 8-1/2 hours, checked all the lines from the box 3 blocks away to the pole to our house, etc., and also replaced the modem, still nothing. The next day, we were on the phone with the same tech for almost 2 hours troubleshooting further with no change. It was determined that AT & T messed up the software connected to our account, the resolution, PER THE TECH, was for us to call and cancel the service, then reinstate. Long story short, I have been on over 15 phone calls and chats, spoken with over 20 people, been told 3 times that I would receive a call back-HA, one was from the "Loyalty" department, they never called back either. A tech was scheduled to come back on Thursday (to check the lines and equipment that WAS ALREADY DONE), I received 3 text messages confirming the appointment; took yet another day off without pay, no one showed up. Last attempt, 3 days ago I called (AND EVERY TIME I CALL, I have to go through this whole story AGAIN about the crap I've been through-this was THEIR screwup, yet it's become my problem-not ONE of them takes the time to read back through the details on all of the contacts I've had with them. Also, they were going to give me a "deal" and not only charge me $10 more a month for Internet, but also had to do a credit check first-we've had our monthly payment automatically debited from our checking account for decades, and THEY WANT TO DO A CREDIT CHECK? Asinine), was assured that it was "her job to fix this for us", said would get a tech out on Saturday, and would call me back, of course she never did. I am just weary, defeated, past the point of extreme anger. working up the energy to call and cancel everything, Direct TV and Internet, but know I have to go through the BS with talking to probably 6 more people. They hold you emotionally hostage, (and I'm sick of talking to people in the Phillipines, I want to speak with someone in the US and when I ask, I just get another person overseas). For this I pay over $200 a month, and it's been over a month since I've had internet at home. So DONE with AT & T. I would LOVE for the CEO and corporate executives at AT & T to make some phone calls to their service department and see what kind of horror they are put through. But they won't, because no one cares...

Tip for consumers: Buyer beware. Be sure you're doing your homework. I am so disappointed in this experience.

melodyer1
2/21/19

After trying to reach the ATT store nearest where I live to no avail, I went to the store. Once there I was pleasantly surprised. I was greeted at the door and met with Tarrence Burch, Jr. He was very knowledgeable, professional and patient. I also spoke with Larry, the manager/assistant manager (I'm not sure which) to let him know how impressed I was with Tarrence. It is not often that you find someone that is truly the kind of person ATT wants to serve as a representative.

kaciec3
2/15/19

I am a licensed CPA and I am warning anyone considering doing business with AT&T Prepaid Wireless to think twice. This organization interrupted my service was subsequently paid the balance due, my credit card credit limited decreased, and have not restored my service. I spent over an hour trying to communicate with their foreign employees about this matter and the level of incompetence is appalling! Do not waste your precious time doing business with this organization.

georgeq17
2/15/19

Horrible Customer Service, They gave me the run around when I tried to unlock my phone that I paid them for and waited over the 48 hour time period. I have been a customer for over 15 years and they had me on the unlimited plan I chose about a year ago, then all the sudden my bill goes up $75 a month and they try to tell me that's how much it has been! I had them look at my previous bills and they couldn't even argue but said that's the price now. I still have not been able to unlock my phone and have to ask them to refund my payment for the phone. AT&T LOST ME FOREVER!! I HAD 6 LINES WITH THEM.

bobc325
2/13/19

The customer service is horrid!!!! They bounce you all over, Thailand to china to Mexico god knows where I cant just speak to someone who speaks English.

dariushz
2/7/19

Ive been with ATT for over 20 years before they were ATT and changed over to Cingular and back to ATT. This past year I moved to another state and it has been a nightmare dealing with customer service. They have gotten so big that they don't care. People to them is just something to suck money out of. STAY AWAY from This company and any other who pray on people by promising the moon and delivering garbage.

christopherc587
1/28/19

I had at&t for over 16 years. I figured all cell carriers are pretty much the same so I just never made the switch. This last year was the last straw, I'm embarrassed I waited so long. Challenges/regrets: 1.) they're prices are at least double of all the competitor providers. Long term loyalty meant nothing when negotiating a reasonable plan. 2.) the customer service was a never ending headache; I constantly had additional charges for things that I had to dispute yet the resolutions given by customer service never seemed to match my bill, meaning more hours of calls, hold times, and reexplaining my concerns to god awful customer service reps. Never ending. 3.) I brought my fiancé to my plan. She traded in her 6S iPhone (brand new) because we were told we'd receive a buy out. They took the phone, gave us the steps to follow, we did everything at&t told us to do and in the end we got NOTHING for that phone. Nothing short of stealing my fiancé's phone and then charging is an arm and a leg for service. Loss of over $600. We tried to get the phone back and after weeks of effort they said there's nothing they can do and they no longer have our phone 4.) when I finally moved to another carrier I reduced my bill by 2/3rds and I have an additional line! (Sprint) I discovered, after weeks of calls and effort, my paid off iphoneX that was finally was unlocked but unlocking doesn't matter because the phone can only be used w at&t service. So what's the point of unlocking??? I paid over $1,000 for that phone! What a scam. In the end I feel like the foolish one. It was an abusive relationship and I should have left them years ago. Don't make the same mistake I did. DON'T DO IT!

192 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

The reason that AT & T gets bad reviews now is because their level of service has drastically declined with everything from misleading information about pricing to rude customer service! The company is awful!

By Cathy D.

Questions? Get answers from the AT&T staff and other customers.

1 Photo for AT&T