Review of AT&T

Tel: 3051679857
2018 Customer choice award

kaciec3
2/15/19

I am a licensed CPA and I am warning anyone considering doing business with AT&T Prepaid Wireless to think twice. This organization interrupted my service was subsequently paid the balance due, my credit card credit limited decreased, and have not restored my service. I spent over an hour trying to communicate with their foreign employees about this matter and the level of incompetence is appalling! Do not waste your precious time doing business with this organization.

georgeq17
2/15/19

Horrible Customer Service, They gave me the run around when I tried to unlock my phone that I paid them for and waited over the 48 hour time period. I have been a customer for over 15 years and they had me on the unlimited plan I chose about a year ago, then all the sudden my bill goes up $75 a month and they try to tell me that's how much it has been! I had them look at my previous bills and they couldn't even argue but said that's the price now. I still have not been able to unlock my phone and have to ask them to refund my payment for the phone. AT&T LOST ME FOREVER!! I HAD 6 LINES WITH THEM.

bobc325
2/13/19

The customer service is horrid!!!! They bounce you all over, Thailand to china to Mexico god knows where I cant just speak to someone who speaks English.

dariushz
2/7/19

Ive been with ATT for over 20 years before they were ATT and changed over to Cingular and back to ATT. This past year I moved to another state and it has been a nightmare dealing with customer service. They have gotten so big that they don't care. People to them is just something to suck money out of. STAY AWAY from This company and any other who pray on people by promising the moon and delivering garbage.

christopherc587
1/28/19

I had at&t for over 16 years. I figured all cell carriers are pretty much the same so I just never made the switch. This last year was the last straw, I'm embarrassed I waited so long. Challenges/regrets: 1.) they're prices are at least double of all the competitor providers. Long term loyalty meant nothing when negotiating a reasonable plan. 2.) the customer service was a never ending headache; I constantly had additional charges for things that I had to dispute yet the resolutions given by customer service never seemed to match my bill, meaning more hours of calls, hold times, and reexplaining my concerns to god awful customer service reps. Never ending. 3.) I brought my fiancé to my plan. She traded in her 6S iPhone (brand new) because we were told we'd receive a buy out. They took the phone, gave us the steps to follow, we did everything at&t told us to do and in the end we got NOTHING for that phone. Nothing short of stealing my fiancé's phone and then charging is an arm and a leg for service. Loss of over $600. We tried to get the phone back and after weeks of effort they said there's nothing they can do and they no longer have our phone 4.) when I finally moved to another carrier I reduced my bill by 2/3rds and I have an additional line! (Sprint) I discovered, after weeks of calls and effort, my paid off iphoneX that was finally was unlocked but unlocking doesn't matter because the phone can only be used w at&t service. So what's the point of unlocking??? I paid over $1,000 for that phone! What a scam. In the end I feel like the foolish one. It was an abusive relationship and I should have left them years ago. Don't make the same mistake I did. DON'T DO IT!

claudiao25
1/28/19

NEVER, EVER use AT&T! Get out while you can! Not only did they force me to pay off a $700 iPhone contract after my husband died, they've now locked me out of my phone for 4 days because I switched to Verizon. My phone is completely paid off, mind you. They just locked it because I switched to Verizon. And no matter how many times I call them, they claim that it's an automated system and they'll get to me whenever they get to me to unlock my phone. Completely unacceptable. IF YOU DON'T HAVE AT&T, BE GRATEFUL - and NEVER make the mistake of going with them. If you do have them, get out before it gets worse for you!

jasonh394
1/25/19

I was an AT&T customer for years and had to switch for a rotation to Europe. I always valued the company's integrity. I never had a bad experience with their customer service or products.

This review is based on my experience with their farming out of claims to external claims firms. A overhead data cable fell from the telephone pole and was laying int he middle of the road. My wife ran over it and it became entagled in the front suspension of her Audi SUV, causing thousands in damages.

The claims company representing AT&T, Sedwick CLaims Management, denied the claim, saying AT&T wasn't at fault and that my wife should have avoided the approximately 1-2 inch wide cable that was hanging from a power pole and lying in the road. Luckily, she hit it. That road leads from Ft Sam Houston and everyday soldiers ride motorcycles down that road at 45 mph+. If someone hit that cable on a bike it would have killed them.

AT&T has refused to acknowledge any responsibility, despite the cable belonging to them. This isn't an insurance scam. My wife wasn't hurt and our inusrance company paid for the damages. However, this speaks volumes to the integrity of AT&T. I cannot support any company who victim blames and avoids responsibility for their, or their employees actions.

katev30
1/23/19

I signed up with AT&T as part of an AT&T staff offer whereby a staff member can have up to 10 lines, and pay only for the access fee for the first four lines, with the rest having no access fee. This seemed like a great offer, with the monthly total for each line coming in around $20 (comparable to many multi-line plans from other providers), so I signed up 10 lines of family and friends. This was when the nightmare began. We spent literally 30-40 hours on the phone, bouncing between employees who made so many mistakes that it went beyond a joke. It took over 2 months to finally get the lines set up and several people couldn't get their numbers ported and had to start from scratch. Then the bills arrived. Despite the fact that multiple AT&T employees confirmed the offer of the free lines, we were then told that this was incorrect and that every line had an access fee. This meant that each individual line averaged out at round $35 per line. After going through the hassle of moving 10 accounts across to AT&T, we have been completely misled in every conceivable way and lost days of time. What's more, every single time we've had to call AT&T, there are no records of our interactions, so we have to start from scratch with every staff member, wasting 30-40 minutes with each one before they handball us to someone else to start again from scratch. I've just spent more than two hours on the phone before being transferred to a department that gave me a message to call back during business hours! AT&T is the MOST disgraceful telecoms company on the planet. While so many companies are offering discounts and special offerings, AT&T is still charging prices from the 90s. Their customer service and record keeping is deplorable. Such a shameful, disrespectful, misleading, dishonest way to treat loyal customers!

roscaurys
1/22/19

Stay away! I spent 2 years paying overpriced monthly fees for initially 3 GB, to 5G. They would increase price without notifying me. I was paying $85 a month and could not be in a text group chat of more than 10 people with only 5GB. They also have overpriced international plans that would run out on 1 day. I ended up switching to T Mobile after 2 years of just giving my money away to AT&T. I used to pay my monthly payments before payment due date, and did not use the last month I had played for. They refused to give me a refund! Unacceptable

crissyc1
1/21/19

I don't like to leave bad reviews but this company is always a nightmare to deal with. We had a great deal on "high speed" internet but it was either going out or too slow to even stream movies. They finally came out to fix it but nothing changed. So we switched back to our previous company and gladly paid $30 more for good high speed internet. But even as we were changing companies they made it difficult. The other company had a promotion of paying your early termination fee but at&t refused to send an itemized bill including those words so they wouldn't pay it. It's like they did it on purpose. And now my dad who has at&t as his cell phone company gave me his old iPhone because he got the newest version and it has been a nightmare again to get it unlocked so I can use it with my carrier. They supposedly did it in the store and said it would be unlocked in 24-48 hours but it didn't happen. It's outrageous that it would be so difficult and slow to unlock a phone that is already paid off. My carrier automatically unlocks your phone after 3 months. It's also horrendous to try to speak to a competent person when you call customer service. You explain the issue to one person and then they transfer you to another. And I'm not exaggerating when I say I've been transferred to 4 different people. And have also had to call them 8 to 10 different times to finally speak to someone who actually knew what they were doing. That was when I tried to return an iPad and was promised I wouldn't get a cancellation fee if it was returned within 30 days. And that was because the guy who brought us the iPad lied and said the monthly payment would be significantly less than what we were actually charged. It's a complete aggravation and not worth all this effort and time spent to fix issues

dougc37
1/21/19

I have subscribed to cbs all access with limited commercials. As I was watching, an ad for AT&T came on which depicted a gay couple leaving for a night out. I am so sick of this incorrect life choice being pushed down our throats. It is not a healthy environment for anyone it touches. Just for a second think about the little ones who are brought into that misguided world. They are not born gay, (no one is-it is an absolute choice) so that means these children are being brain washed. Send a message, we have the power as a group of sensible, law abiding AMERICANS. Boycott anything of AT&T until they stop forcing this issue. Let's start here, see how easy it is to get their attention with our MONEY power and then we will work towards the next problems. I will stand with you as a Nation, let's make the stand start right here. SEND THE MESSSAGE TO ATT, WE WILL NOT ALLOW THIS ANY LONGER. Give me your thoughts about this and the potential for a Nationwide movement to get control of the outrageous injustices our government has promoted. Thank you all

estherp39
1/17/19

My equipment was packed away and I could not return it by the deadline, so the charged me $300, which is fine. The representative told me I would receive a refund if I mailed it in, so I carefully packed the equipment, carefully bubble wrapped it as to make sure it would get there safety, because I really needed that $300.

After about 8 calls and 8 representatives and weeks time, I still could not receive my $300 back. They confirmed they had received the equipment, but they said I needed to call their financial services because they didn't see what they needed on their record.

WORD OF ADVISE: if they promise you you will get your $300, they will make it almost impossible. I never got my $300 back, but they got their equipment safe and sound, so they got to keep the $300 AND got their equipment back. I feel like a sucker and a loser, and I will never for the rest of my life use At&t again for ANYTHING.

wajeehaq
1/14/19

This is by far the worst internet service provider co. I've ever seen!!! Customer Services is worst!!! Today I called them for assistance as my 50 usd 8.0 high speed plan never allows me to have high speed data!!! Its internet is pathetically slow through out the month!!! The l1ady started trying to sell me a mobile device from AT&T I informed her I've Samsung galaxy & I hung up. She sent me 4 threatening messages (they are saved in my cell) informing me if I don't get in contact with co. They are freezing my account tonight and there will be 10 usd charges as well !!! I sm astonished. This month i went to the store on Preston Road they accidentally put me on internet only with no line use, the next day I went to 3 different At&t locations all near preston Road trying to get customer services to help me including my parent branch. Unfortunately the,sweet Mexican guy who had sold us this connection was on leave hence the manager refused to help me they all asked me to go to the opposite road side Preston branch where I had deposited by 55 usd payment. When after 3 hrs of wasted effort i finally went to the store where I had deposited my monthly payment yesterday the customer service guy apologized fixed my issue ASAP informed me any one of the other 3 branches staff could have fixed the error easily but they didn't want to do it.... it left me with a bad impression that turned into a,nasty impression as tonight I received below mentioned messages from At&t technical support rep whom I cslled to help with my pathetically slow internet although 2.7 out of my 8 high speed data is still remaining she,sent me these texts:
1. AT&T Free Msg: We will cancel 2147157955 effective 01/13/2019. If you would prefer to keep this service active, please contact us at 800.331.0500.
2. AT&T Free Msg: While suspended this number will be charged $10 plus fees, surcharges and taxes per bill cycle. Charges may be prorated based on activity dates.

So I ask what kind of company are you guys running where should we give your feedback. As a professional Banker I feel the company is in desperate need of client feedback forms and service quality prople to check staff attitudes !!!!

carolc374
1/12/19

They lie!!!!!!!! They suck you in with their "bundles". They will tell you one thing and then give you something else. When you call them about it they will suddenly have no record of what you were told you were getting. Even if you have all the dates, names and order#'s from your conversation. They are all nice and sweet when you are talking on the phone and they will tell you they want to help but then you find out you were screwed once again and when you call them AGAIN they have no record of the conversation. If I could give them less than one star I would.

wl42
1/10/19

Terrible service, this is the worst service I've ever had. Canceled all services with this company after my customer service experience. Customer service is horrible, their service in general is horrible, and they don't offer anything I can't get at any other competitors store. I wouldn't recommend service or work with this company, they are discriminatory and bias. All they do is take advantage of you and try to sell you stuff that you don't need so they can raise their commission. If you want to be serviced by a bunch of dilettantes, this is the place for you, bad service, work, and experience, Joshua at legacy village has terrible customer service experience.

cathyd123
1/1/19

AT & T is absolutely, positively, unacceptable! The worst customer service experience and misleading has been accomplished by AT & T!!! I should have reviewed this company prior to switching to them! They totally mislead you about pricing with numerous hidden fees! The representatives are either rude or you can't understand what they are saying! Stay clear of AT & T!!! You have been warned!!!

samd219
12/30/18

Terrible from every aspect of the service. Will never use this company for anything! Unprofessional call takers and service men. They don't respect people's property and make promises they aren't willing to keep.

maryb986
12/27/18

AT&T has the worst customer service and they charge extra titbit's/charges on each statement hoping customers won't notice or take the time to call. When you do call customer service they will give you a run-a-round hoping you will just go away.
AT&T also refuses to unlock phones that are no longer with their company, so that expensive phone you buy will just be an expensive BRICK when you do #DumpATT
and you will, because they SUCK!

lukeb255
12/26/18

I've had a AT&T line down in my back yard for months and they still haven't fixed it. I've reported the hazard 4 times and still nobody will fix the line down in my back yard. Every time I call AT&T to talk to someone they tell me the same thing, that someone will come out and fix it the next day. It never happens though.

laurac527
12/18/18

Been with AT&T for years for cell since they were bell south actually and have had the internet service for several years....never any major complaints but I am so disappointed in what they are becoming. I was paying for highest speed offered in my area, had the electric go out a few weeks back and dsl modem took like 8 hours to reboot so I call for service. Tech comes and says "I have to lower your speed, you are too far from pole but it won't affect anything, you won't even notice". First of all how are you selling people something and charging them for it if you can't provide the service? (their answer....we say up to doesn't mean you will actually get that...WHAT?!!) Second of all how did it work for several years and now this is an issue? Well he lied....we noticed....internet wifi no longer reaches the back bedrooms so the kids have issues with their xboxes, Netflix etc., we have to shut off wifi on cell phones so we can get anything to open and opening an email on my computer takes about 30-40 seconds each one. So I call today wanting to have something done to correct this issue as I am wasting $ if they can't provide service and the supervisor basically says nicely "I'm sorry if you have to leave us but there is really nothing we can do for you to get your wifi issues fixed...you are just too far from the pole". REALLY???!!! I've got an idea ... put some more poles in. On top of that the great cell phone service we have had for 15 years in the house no longer exists, tech came for directv and said the freezing the tvs are doing has been going on for months and unfortunately nobody has come up with a fix yet. How come I don't see this reflected on my bills as some sort of credit for the poor service that they are aware of. You know if you are late with your payments they do not hesitate to shut you down. So I guess Xfinity here I come and then will have to look into other cell services too.

davidp869
12/10/18

Called several times and still having problems with Internet speed we are supposed to have the fastest Internet and we have intermittent 3.5 mips to mips. And no one understands why going back to charter as fast as I can.

stevem793
12/9/18

I am deploying to the Middle East in a month and canceled my Direct TV part of my package, but kept my internet. Although the process took awhile it seemed to have gone well, and was told there would be no issue. However, when i look at my bill the next month that was far off. First they hit me with a $150!!! cancellation fee that I was NEVER BRIEFED ON! Second, they still have not altered my monthly payments to show that I am not paying for DIRECT TV. Somehow I am paying more despite cancelling the direct TV. Finally, Since cancelling Direct TV they have been throttling my internet, or have drastically reduced it's speed. This will be my fourth attempt to upload this post, and originally started writing this because I do not have enough bandwidth to download a singular photo from my email to my desktop. Seriously AT&T if there were any other options for internet I would not be with you.

natalier83
12/4/18

They opened me a second account instead of transferring my services. I found out bc they charged my twice and left me without services in my new account. I have been fighting with it seems like every person who works at ATT since November 9th for $250.46 and a credit for no services I was promised. Joy Brown "like the color" is the last condescending "supervisor" I have spoken to in account receivables. I can't wait for this contract to end. Their service and customer service is disgusting. Every time I call their line it's disappointing. Normally I just go online and pay my bill. I have been a loyal customer since 2011. They are thieves and are always "sorry for the inconvenience". I know this review won't change anything for a little person like me. AT&T is absolutely worthless and so is every single person who has "assisted" me over the phone since October 12th when they created a second account instead of transferring services. You only have ONE JOB. DO IT RIGHT. I would've been fired by now. Call me... I would love for someone to finally call me like you all stated they would. Last 4:2373

jenniferr429
11/18/18

I must say, I have been with ATT for about 15 years. In the beginning, it was so easy to get a free phone and a two year contract. Now there are no contracts but you pay for the phone. I believe the phone cost more than the contract. So they making money. My bill each mouth is way over a $100 for one line. But it is what it is....

anac133
11/3/18

Very very bad service I ordered my internet service 3 weeks ago and still waiting for the service I call and make 3 appointments and they never come still waiting for service and they send a bill for 70 dollars

192 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

The reason that AT & T gets bad reviews now is because their level of service has drastically declined with everything from misleading information about pricing to rude customer service! The company is awful!

By Cathy D.

Questions? Get answers from the AT&T staff and other customers.

1 Photo for AT&T