Review of ThinkGeek

custserv@thinkgeek.com
2017 Customer choice award

michelem98
11/28/18

I have returned to this site repeatedly for years. The items are clever. They are SO much fun. But the quality is incredible. I have bought clothing, gadgets and home items. Never disappointed and when an item doesn't work (a shirt didn't fit), they will work with you until you're happy. They points system is fantastic and boosted my holiday shopping. Shipping is reasonable in both cost and speed. Always look at their sales! You won't be disappointed! There are things that will just make you smile and so will the banter from the way they phrase descriptions! This site is very worth your time and money. If you have any variety of geek or nerd, shop here.

sangheeh
11/14/18

If customer service can not tell me how much for the return shipping cost will be and also you do not know how much you guys will charge me restocking fee,
How can I figure it out better or not to return these item?????

I do not care about price matching or difference. After I spoke with the customer service,
I knew it would never happen.
That's fine but at least you guys can tell me about the return shipping cost & restocking fee so I can figure it out.

If you were the customer and you do not know how much you have to pay return shipping and plus there is chance that you have to pay restocking fee may over $15.00 but your not sure because customer service didn't tell you, how would you feel like?

After I had a issue with the ThinkGeek, they remove all my ThinkGeek Ponts from my Account!!!!

rjt9
10/17/18

i have not received my item and they will not reply my emails.... this is the first time i have purchased from them, prolly wont again.. really sad, was a gift for my daughters bday.

vladr12
8/28/18

Over 6 years I order stuff at thinkgeek. They have really good stuff there. Every time I need to prepare a present I go there.

ameliel2
7/21/18

I recently purchased a Pusheen ornament from ThinkGeek and my experience was unacceptable! When I received my ornament in the mail, the paint was chipped and out of place. Like what the hell?! Then one whisker broke off within a day! My father tried to glue it back on, but it ended up breaking again. The shipping rates are so unbelievably high. $8.95 for 2-6 day shipping? That's criminal! Amazon shipping is FAR cheaper and offers a prime option that makes more sense financially. I can't even return or get a refund because it's broken! Don't even bother with ThinkGeek. They'll just piss you the hell off!

nakashies
7/18/18

I love Thinkgeek's products. They make great gifts that is why I'm giving them 2 stars. Unfortunately, customer service isn't really helpful for anything.

You get loyalty points from buying but they reset them every year preventing you to buy anything worth the shipping.

They only use UPS for shipping and they always deliver around the same hours to your house. Even though you ask or tell them you won't be there and ask for morning instead. It took me a week of chatting,calling and poking around their customer service to finally get my package since they keep on delivering on my working hours. When finally they tried to deliver the package when I was home they didn't knocked at the door nor ring. It was a nigthmars to find the time to try get it solved. I was trying to find a solution with UPS since July 9th and I finally get to talk to a manager that made it delivered to my work today July 18th.

Cost me a full day off work for nothing, two morning late at work and customs charges almost as big as my order: 71 $ on a package of 112 $ and 67 $ on one of 90 $.

Troubles not worth the products.

janosa
4/19/18

Ordered from Canada for 60$, got a UPS delivery asking for 55$ customs fee. Refused the package and offered to pay return shipping. Thinkgeek refused, offered me 14$ back after they "refunded themselves" and told me it was my problem because I should have done my "due diligence". They also realized they had overcharged me to begin which I would not have discovered had I not contested the fees in the first place. Lame customer service, patronizing "overlord" management attempting to shift the blame to the customer. Now I`m forced to pay the nearly 100% customs charge or lose my money. Bad business, lesson learned, never again.

robertp359
3/8/18

I was not told that there were going to be additional charges upon delivery. $20 on top of the $45 purchase. There should be mention of this during checkout. I will not be ordering from this site again.

joeld46
12/1/17

Je commande deux vinyles, envoie rapide mais carton pas adapté, résultat les deux objets endommagé, retour à ma charge (40 ) plus les frais de douane (38 ) ...
Je ne recommande pas pour des objets fragiles ou de valeur.

I order two vinyl, send rapids but not adapted cardboard, result my objects damaged, return at my expense (40 ) more customs charges (38 )...
I do not recommend for fragile or valuable objects.

amandaj111
11/27/17

i called with a question and had to get a supervisor to help but he was so helpful. while doing so we figured out i ordered the wrong thing for my husband for Christmas a few days earlier. unfortunately they were out of the other option so he offered to just replace it with something else FOR FREE with absolutely no cost to me. we found something that only cost a few dollars more and he shipped it right away. he also said to keep what i ordered. HIGHLY recommended. some of the staff didn't know how to answer my question but if that happens to you get a supervisor it will be taken care of and everyone was very friendly.
and also, sometimes i have called and they have actually answered my questions. this was a first that they couldn't.
i have purchased many times from them before as well and have always been pleased with everything i have received. :)

Tip for consumers: if you find someone in the initial customer service that wasnt helpful, as with all websites/companies, ask for a supervisor
honestly i know that some people wont always be helpful but thats why they have higher ups to talk to ;)

christopherb144
11/27/17

I have had 3 returnSupervisors on their CHEAP PLASTIC NOVELTY CRAP FROM CHIN(FIGURES)and they have lost several orders.Staff are stupid kids,and Overpriced novelties galore.BUY this junk at a swap meet!

oskarb7
10/22/17

They happily took my money and then never bothered to prosses it or check into the issue. Still waiting for the refund.

bobv26
10/11/17

These guys are a masterclass of overpromising and not delivering - Case in point with the SNES Classic, these guys have made big deals of having stock then when the time comes there's none available. They also are masters of the 'bundles' approach, forcing you to buy overpriced junk if you want something they know you actually want. PASS THESE GUYS OVER.

jasonk120
9/21/17

Love shopping for gift ideas here but always reach the checkout and am shocked and end up putting half the stuff back. Best to limit to a single cool item and do bulk of shopping at a regular retailer.

rm184
9/2/17

Ordered an item at ThinkGeek that got stuck in a UPS warehouse due to a damaged invoice. I've had contact with their customer support three times but the issue still isn't resolved. My package has been stuck in the same warehouse for well over a month now. To make matters worse UPS has already stated that I will have to pay an additional 25,- by the time the invoice papers are cleared in order to release the package.

Long story short, terrible customer service, definitely not worth ordering here if you live outside of the U.S.

kimm368
7/10/17

Iove ThinkGeek, awesome place to find unique products. I have so many geeks in my life, this site is the only place I can find special gifts and the t-shirts are fantastic.

andrear45
5/28/17

I tried to make a purchase with ThinkGeek a while ago, but my order was automatically cancelled twice and since their customer service couldn't guarantee that future purchases wouldn't go through the same process I asked them to delete my account. That should have been the end of it, but on 5/23 I received an e-mail from a company called Bizrate (said to be a scam company by many SiteJabber reviewers) and then another one on 5/28 despite my telling them that the order they were contacting me about was cancelled and would never be fulfilled. ThinkGeek shouldn't have given out my order information in the first place, but it is unconscionable that they send out information on orders that either have been, or still could be, cancelled.

I would absolutely recommend avoiding ThinkGeek both because of their bad decisions (a poorly coded automated system and their unwillingness and/or inability to do the basic background checking on their affiliate companies) as well as for their actual partnership with Bizrate.

cragm
4/13/17

Going crazy from the things from this website. I'm collecting almost all of what can be possibly found with star wars. My fan preferences are satisfied!

connorm18
3/30/17

Love it so many cool gadgets and gizmos that are must haves for any nerd, decorations that'll ensure nostalgia I recently got a Han solo carpet where he's frozen in carbonite so freaking sweet

michaelh322
2/12/17

I called think geek store Feb 5, and wanted to known when a funko pop was coming out. The employee did not know the information, so he told me to call the 20th. The funko pop was released on Feb 9th.I called and asked if they can hold it and said yes . When I got to the store there was nothing for me. I will give think geek 0stars out of 10. I hope thinkgeek never has exclusive funko pops again.

mattl68
2/6/17

Failure to deliever on time, and when they fail to do this they come out with excuses such as "reorganising warehouse" or "relocating stock". Extremly poor customer service, would not recommend in any circumstances.

danielk99
1/19/17

I usually buy here, and sometimes I just serf the site to get some inspiration! Great job, guys! If you have a friend who goes banana about devices, new technologies, etc, this is the place for you!

jasonw137
12/7/16

"I wish I could give less than one star. I ordered over 55 dollars worth of christmas presents on this website and only received 2 of my orders. After a month of waiting the other 4 items were put on hold then never shipped. They failed to notify me and still charged me. I had to sit on the phone for 30minutes and all they could do is refund me after I asked them several times to. They would not give me the product for the price it was on sale. This is a horrible company and I will never buy from them again. THINK SMART and shop somewhere else. Just a heads up the four items I ordered were the 4 pack deal with the Beer can steins."

katiep47
12/2/16

I made two orders of $190+ - both of them got cancelled but my money had still been taken out. Tried to talk to a customer rep over both e-mail and Twitter - zero response. Tried their live chat - first rep just disconnected me. Second one completely ignored any questions I'd asked and gave me irrelevant answers. Needless to say - never going back to this website ever. AVOID!!

Tip for consumers: DON'T.

squids
11/23/16

I wait till the next morning and check, still nothing. I go back to their site and the item is still in my cart. So I figure, lets see if I can't fix this the other will clear, so I run it though again, this time paying with a debit card. Still doesn't work, but I do get billed!

Write them and explain the issue. The reply a day later that ther is problem with my first name. For the record I don't have one...

Call them up and talk for thirty six minutes. During which time there amazing customer service rep informs me that his manager says "What kind of person doesn't have a first name?" Okay so now I'm irate and speak with the manager who clears the order and says place it again and everything will be fine. I tell me, no you place the order while I sit here on the phone and you confirm that it went through.

He does, it doesn't, and in the process he tries again four times! So in total I have 6 charges to my account for an order that their website won't complete. He tells me I will have my money back in 24 hours.

Two days later I call and ask, so where is my money? I'm told oh no it takes 3-5 days to clear. Meanwhile I am out $148 until this clears which hampers my ability to purchase anything else over the thanksgiving weekend.

Thanks so much ThinkGeek you will never see my business again.Tried to order a $19.99 item and pay via paypal. Paypal goes through order does not complete.

Thanks so much ThinkGeek you will never see my business again.

134 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Questions? Get answers from the ThinkGeek staff and other customers.

1 Photo for ThinkGeek