ThingsRemembered reviews

Tel: 800.274.7367
sarah@thingsremembered.com

tonih65
8/5/18

I took a brass ornament for engraving. The clerk used two different fonts for the two initials. She stated "I guessed the machine is messed up". She damaged the product. When I told her it was not satisfactory she stated to bring the receipt and Things Remembered will reimburse the purchase price. The following day I returned with the receipt. She was there along with someone else, I assumed the Manager. He stated I had to buy a new item and then they will purchase the item. I purchased the it in another city, his response, very condescending "I guess you have to go back to that city and purchase a new one". Obviouslty something I can't do. When I told him what the other clerk (Christina) had said the day before, he relied that is not company policy. I guess they don't train their employees properly.

STAY AWAY FROM THIS STORE!!!! SPECIALLY IF YOU ARE JUST BRINGING YOUR PERSONAL ITEM TO ENGRAVE!!!!!!

rikib1
7/31/18

I ordered a bangle bracelet with one of the hearts engraved for my mother's birthday. I also ordered the heart shaped jewelry box, also with her name engraved on it. I ordered a little late for the shipping to be on time for her birthday so I decided to pick up in store (which was an hour away!) But thought it would be worth it because, if I do say so myself, they were pretty darn cute! After the hour drive.... We got to the counter and the guy unwrapped it, held it in his hand and showed us the engravings, everything looked good. We made the trek home, and once there I decided to look closer at it. On the heart box it was scratched on the back, anddd the pin was missing out of the hinge where you open it. No wonder he kept it in his hand, we couldn't see that part. So I called customer service, they said they would send a new one, which they did, but if I wanted to return it, i'd have to drive that hour back to the store or pay for my own postage to send it through the mail because they dont pay for that! Okay, we're on strike #2. 3 days after her wearing the bracelet, all of the "gold" wore off and now looks like a kids bracelet you can get out of a 25 cent machine at the bowling alley. Why did I pay $70 For something that cheap?! They look like a high-end place, but dont let it fool you. I will NEVER order from them again.

nelliec25
7/17/18

This was the worst customer services experience. I couldn't place the order online so I had to call, then they said it was on backorder. I still ordered the gift and it ended up on backorder again without them telling me and they just cancelled the order! Even thought I received an email saying - DO NOT REPLY if you want to move forward with the delivery. I had to call and get the order placed again! (this gift is now is almost 2 months late). Now I get another email saying there is another issue- so I call and they say they have only 1 font for this when they confirmed on 3 different calls the script writing I ordered. Plus horrible over customer service all around. Gift is still not delivered.

tonyar33
6/8/18

Great experience with Things Remembered. Ordered a Family plaque online and picked it up in the store. Love it!!!

wendyo32
6/8/18

had the worst customer service experience. things came mis-engraved with no speed of service to get us the item. we didnt have a gift to give a retired partner of 30 years at his retirement reception.

katem163
5/11/18

WOW!! Long story short, I attempted to do a site-to-store purchase due to needing an item quickly. It ended up that the items o ordered were not available for that option but I unknowingly ordered it anyway. After 2 calls and a visit to the local store, I left with 2 fantastic personalized items and a refund on my online order. Way to take care of your customer guys!! Shout out to Matthew Blaine in the Governor's Square store in Tallahassee, FL and to Terri and Charity at the call center for straightening my mess out!!! My little cousin is going to LOVE her graduation gifts!! You guys ROCK!!!

tinag87
12/30/17

I recently bought an item online for my dad's upcoming birthday. My item arrived 4 days early. Was packaged well, looks great & I am over all very happy with my purchase.

amandah185
12/26/17

I placed an order online and received an email with the delivery date. That day came and i never received my item so i called customer service. they then told me that my order was canceled due to my item being no longer available and that i should have received an email with this information, which i never did. The guy i spoke with was very nice and helpful. he stated we could get a new a better item ordered for the same price i paid before and that he would expedite the order so i would have it by christmas. well the day he told me it would be delivered came and i still had no order. so i call customer service again and the lady i spoke with was very rude and stated the guy had never placed the order or noted anything in the account. So now christmas is past and i still have no beer mug that i ordered. At this point i will never order from them again and will start using a different company.

tabithan3
12/26/17

They ran out of my order I got a email saying they ran out and to call them. I was greeted by two excellent reps that not only found me some great similar items but made sure I got a percentage off and expedited shipping. The items came fast and were perfect.

daniellek43
12/23/17

I ordered a whiskey decanter with an engraving on it about a week before Christmas. The next day, I received an email telling me that item was out of stock, but they offered me 50% off a different item and free expedited shipping. I responded, and got a call from them to confirm my new order. Sure enough I was able to get 50% off and free expedited shipping of a different whiskey decanter all before Christmas came along! The woman I spoke to on the phone was incredibly friendly and made this process very easy! I would recommend Things Remembered because of the amazing customer service I received, and the whiskey decanter is something I'm sure my father will love for Christmas!

courtp
12/22/17

I ordered online 5 items a day after Thanksgiving. These items were intended as Christmas gifts for my loved ones. I received 4 out of my 5 items a week later. I waited two days before calling costumer service.. still no shipment. Then, someone from costumer service called and left a message saying that my item had a error and wanted to speak to me before finalizing the personalization. I called back immediately and the employee I spoke to explained there was no error and my item would come shortly. I waited a couple of days and then decided to get in touch with a costumer service employee because I was worried about my item. They claimed I did not order or pay for this item. After arguing that I have been charged and have the email confirmation of my order, she then explained that my item was cancelled!?!? She then insured me that it was an mistake on their end and that they would refund my card and send it out with two day shipping. I was so happy because I thought my problem was solved.. but I was so wrong. Four days later, still did not receive my item. I called yet again and spoke to another employee who would send it out to me in 2 days. A week later and STILL nothing!! I called again ( THIS IS FOR THE 4TH TIME) .. had to explain the whole story over again and convince them to send me my item because the previous worker did not make a note of it in my file and she too "promised" I would receive my item in 2 days. Here I am, still waiting, almost a whole month later for my item. She "promised" I would receive it Thursday night (yesterday). I had to call again this morning to make sure it was sent out and not cancelled again... for the 4th time. Christmas is in 3 days and I am so worried I am not going to receive my gift. I've never been more stressed out about ordering online in my LIFE!! I ORDERED THIS ITEM ON NOVEMBER 25TH & IT IS NOW DECEMBER 22ND!!! HOLIDAY DISASTER.. NEVER ORDERING FROM HERE AGAIN!

barbarad120
12/21/17

I ordered a snow globe for my mom for Christmas on line. The globe itself cost around $37 dollars, the engraving cost just about the same. (I Love you Mom). i got it in about a weeks time. Upon opening it, at first i thought they had forgotten to engrave it, but it was worse, they had engraved it and the etching is so faint you can barely see it. For the amount they charge per letter i expected to be able to see it. I have ordered two globes from them in past years, one in store and one on line, and while pricey they both came out nice. I have emailed them 3 times since receiving the item and no one has bothered to respond.

I know we are all busy with the holidays and all, but i feel this is poor customer service.

Will take future business elsewhere.

garyd106
12/19/17

Emailed a week ago after receiving damaged products. These were mailed to me in that condition? Really? Where is your quality control? I cannot give scratched defaced gifts. No response back from anyone in customer service. Never again.

carolb203
11/30/17

Called the Manager to let her know that something was left off the engravement that she clearly told me was going to be on there. She was very rude & said thay did not charge me for it. I said ok how much is it. I was willing to pay for what she left off, but, now she doesn't want to do it over to make the correction. What ever happened to the customer is right. Very poor Customer Service. I will not buy anything else from Things Remembered.

michelled159
10/17/17

What should have been a 5 minute online ordeal turned into a 3 hour process. No one could help understand why the website wasn't processing after I tried on 3 computers and a phone. Then it took an hour while someone had to place the order for me. The girl was new. She was very nice but had received very little training to get her started. They really need to improve their online shopping experience or next time I'll save my $150 and buy a gift card!! Get some IT support.

bevh15
9/19/17

I placed an keychain order online for pickup at the store in Scranton, PA. I received an email from the store that night sayong they were out of stock and to call an 800 number for help. Before I called the next day, I checked my credit card and saw not one, but 2 charges for the key chain and no credits. I called the 800 number and the rep was very short with me. She insisted that my order had been cancelled and that if my card was charged, it must have been the stores mistake. So I called the store, and Debbie just about bit my head off, insisting that stores don't charge cards for online sales. My only recourse was to call my credit card to dispute both charges. No personalized key chain for.my son's birthday, but I'm out $74 and 2 hours of my life until this is resolved. This company won't be around for.much longer - BUYER BEWARE!

courtneyr42
8/18/17

The district manager at the Mall of America location went above and beyond for me! I had a rushed order for a wedding and did have time to run back and forth to the store, so this manager made it work for me! She really went out of her way to fulfill my order, plus some! Thank you so much the dessert plates, they look great!

miap15
8/14/17

I ordered a wine glass with engraving on Wed 7pm, paid for expedited delivery ($25) so I would get it Monday to give it to my coworker who is leaving. No updates on my order until Saturday morning when I got an email saying they have an issue with the engraving. After I called back and resolved it, they still didn't ship the order till Monday! And they didn't send it overnight. Now my coworker is leaving and I won't be able to give her the gift.

thingsr
7/27/17

This company needs to learn the meaning of "Customer Service" and implement it from the Corporate Office to the store level. The cashier at the Westminster Mall store in California didn't want to return my 6 frames that I bought because she was by herself and there were 4 customers after me on a Friday later afternoon. I came back the next day and talked to the manager and she said she wouldn't return the frames at all. I called the Customer Service the next day and that lady said she would "leave it to the store level" on what to do. Another word, she didn't want any responsibilities and didn't want to get involved. Another word, she passed it on to someone else to take the hit.
The manager said she'll call the district manager and see what she wants to do. WTF!!!!!! Nobody wants to do a return of 6 frames and nobody wants any responsibilities at this place? Real Customer Service. Never would I go into this Things Remembered again as long as I live!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Too bad there's no negative points because they would get -1000

joannm27
7/11/17

I ordered the Guardian Angel Snowglobe w/engraving & photo. I couldn't be happier. The item looked even nicer in person and is very good quality. I am very pleased by the way it turned out. Shipping speed was okay, not terribly fast or terribly slow. It arrived by the date they said it would. No issues!

mg110
6/23/17

The graduation keepsake white wooden box should never be marketed for sale again. This box box does not look like the other classy gifts that Things Remembered sales. I will never purchase another one and will never recommend anyone else to purchase this item. Last year I bought the same type of box but it was black wood with a silver top and was so classy to give a graduate as a gift. This year was totally different and i didn't realize it was a white box until I went to the store to pick it up

leakpalak
6/22/17

I walked in to the store I asked are you guys busy today will it be a long wait just to get a keychain that I purchased from the store engraved.. she stated oh no not at all.. so I puchase what I wanted wick was my sons same and I love you dad after I paid she tells me it will be couple of hours that turned into when the mall was closing and I got there at 2. And each time I walked by they was all just standing around.. a waste of my day but it's my fault should have just went to the other stand in the mall

johnelw
6/13/17

I had ordered a baby blanket for my brand new niece who was born almost a month ago. I ordered the blanket from there store in National City, Ca on June 3rd. Lady told me 10 days so I was like ok 10 days no problem. I happened to be in the mall where the store was at and decided to stop by to see if maybe my order was ready but they just forgot to call me. Nope turns out they did the blanket without my niece's birthday day which I had clearly written on their order sheet clear as day. How in the heck do you do that! So the lady informed me as I was at the store that they had to send the blanket back so they could do the date on it and that the blanket would be in by Friday. I honestly think these people had no intention of calling me to tell me the situation. I feel like if I hadn't gone in today they would have never told me there was a delay yes by only a couple days but it would be good customer service to let the buyer know. Once I get the blanket I will no longer be doing business with them I will take my engraving services elsewhere

katel197
6/8/17

My mom had ordered two bridal bouquet charms for my brother and his fiancés wedding. We got 2 DIFFERENT ones, placed the pictures exactly how we wanted them and ordered them. What arrived a few days later was poor craftsmanship and terrible charms. The pictures we ordered were one of my brother and grandma and one of her and her grandma. Instead of receiving 2 DIFFERENT ONES, we got 2 of my brother and grandma but my grandma's head is chopped off the bottom of the picture. How could they send that thinking it was okay? It is disrespectful and LAZY. I officially hate this company. They clearly don't pay attention. I am disappointed and angry.

patriciag127
6/6/17

On 6/3 I ordered Champagne Flutes and a Server Set online, the next day I received an email stating my entire order is out of stock. No problem, I will check the stores. I found the set at the Orland Park location. I order the set for pick up. I then get an email from paypal stating I was charged for the Champagne Flutes I ordered online that was previously out of stock. I called customer service to find out what is going on, the rep told me they couldn't stop the shipment. She told me to refuse the package. I never received an email stating the item is in stock nor did I receive any shipping information. I called customer service today to find out the status of that order, when will it be shipped etc. The customer service rep was very rude, talking over me and gave quick short answers. I was told she would email me the tracking information I have yet to receive any tracking information. Oh let me not forget how rude the sale lady at the Orland store was when I called yesterday to find out how long will the store hold my package. I will not order anything else from Things Remember.

27 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Yes this is in La Palmera Mall.

By Sharon T.
Questions? Get answers from the ThingsRemembered staff and other customers.

ThingsRemembered?