ThingsRemembered reviews

sarah@thingsremembered.com

lisap468
1/9/19

Hello,
I was in the Meriden, CT store on 12/20/18 @ 2:30pm. I purchased an OVAL PLATE #926278, to be personalized.
First, I'd like to say, the female Store Manager/Asst., who was doing all of the engravings was an absolute witch!
My Experience:
I walked in, a very kind older woman helped me. She went to the desk to retrieve the cardboard sample displays of the different size, shape, color style plates offered, so that I could see them in person.
Well.... the woman doing the engraving grabbed them from her and said, "No we don't do that. They stay on the counter", as she put them back.
I was guided to the book, finally made my selection and placed my order.
I brought my item (a jewelry box) with me and asked the young girl after she rang me up, "Do you guys put it on for me?" "Oh my God, I'll never get it straight." lol.
"Yes, we can do that", she said. "No problem."
"NO WE DON'T DO THAT", she interjected rudely, never picking her head up from the engraver. "I'm sorry", the young girl stated!

Never, ever, ever again will I visit this location! I will go to the one located in Milford, CT, if ever I need something engraved!!
I realize Christmas time is a busy time. Everyone in retail knows this. Everyone in retail expects and plans for this. So to say this was "a situational attitude" or "a busy day" is.... I'm sure not the case. If every employee behaved in this manner, not only would they be removed from the position, but businesses would be closing at alarming numbers!!
In today's retail competition, stores look for/strive/demand/offer exceptional customer service and professionalism, from their employees!! That's what makes them a place where people WANT to shop!!
Also, as an FYI, I additionally purchased an item, with engraving (ceramic blue dinosaur "piggy" bank), from the store. As the young lady went to get the box, for the item.... "Let her know we don't have a box for that. It is the last one and it is sold without one."
Note: Though.... the dinosaur and other bank (pink) which were on display had identical boxes and there were numerous pink ones left.
Long story short - She's NOT an asset to your company! She's rude, arrogant, ignorant and unprofessional!!!!

emilyl145
1/7/19

I have been a customer here every year and I never had any issues until this year. I came to things remembered in my area on the 17th of December. Knowing it is a very busy time of year and it was near Christmas, I asked the lady if it would be okay to place an order knowing how busy they are and if it would be ready on time. She said it would be ready the next day (18th) at 4 pm. I went on a cruise the next day, so I had my mom pick my order up for me,on the 19th only for them to tell her they didn't even have my order in the system. So I call back on Christmas eve (as soon as I get off the ship) and call them to tell them my receipt and order number. The lady on the phone said she will take care of it that day, however my plane wouldn't land till after they close. So, I had no gift for my Dad or my Best friend on Christmas. THEN it gets worse. I go to the store on the 26th and the store was so unorganized. She couldn't find my order at first, then gave me my two orders in ONE beat-up box. And one of them had the wrong monogram. I asked for some discount to my order for being messed up, I mean I didn't have a Christmas gift for my family when they said it would be ready, to not even put it in the system. She offered me a 25% off coupon for my NEXT purchase. Really? I will not be coming back here again. My mom also ordered a necklace from them, then they called her saying they broke it and it was the only one left. So she was not happy either. Lost my business

lindaa326
12/26/18

We ordered a bracelet for our nana that was to be delivered before Christmas by December 21st. Instead on December 22nd we received a bracelet for a poor boy or man named Brett who also will not be getting a Christmas gift. It is December 26th and still no gift has been delivered. I was told that to get a refund I first have to return Brett's bracelet. We ordered all of our other engraved gifts form personalization.com and suggest you do the same. If you are Brett's family I am very sorry. I hope he had other gifts to open

alyssat24
12/26/18

I ordered my snow globe in november and its december 26th and i still havent got it!! they wouldnt even let me ship my order. i emailed them multiple times and they gave me a different date when it would come everytime!! then when i emailed saying i want my money back they wouldn't reply back. i really wish i read the reviews on this place before ordering. this is ridiculous and if i dont get this snow globe soon im getting my money back.

kelleyg30
12/23/18

Purchased an ornament with engraving on Dec. 11th and was supposed to receive it on Dec. 20th. It never came. When I called this morning, the representative said the order was cancelled because it was out of stock. No notification was ever sent to me and now there is nothing I can do to replace this gift. The rep on the phone showed a complete lack of empathy and offered no solutions.

trasio
12/22/18

This company has been around Forever, I would think, especially at Christmas time a Manager would be on staff helping run the store. I purchased 2 items in store. There was no organization as to filling out forms. No organized line. One lady behind me had the font book in her hand, so no one else could look at it. The purchase took way too long at the register and the staffer was confusing af. Today I called to see if it's done, spent 5 mins on the phone while they looked but couldn't find it. Now I'm waiting on a call back.

leaht41
12/20/18

I ordered something online Nov 25, supposed to be delivered Dec 13th. I tried several times to call after the 13th to inquire about my order and emailed customer service. Finally I got them on the phone Dec 20 only to be told my item wouldn't be ready for weeks to come. Clearly not communicated to be at any point in time. Then told it would take 5-7 days from the 20th to process my refund. Terrible business practices and customer service was absolutely no help.

almetar
12/18/18

We ordered 8 pocket knives as a gift to our Board of Directors. We paid for next day shipping and when the day came (Fri) and we didn't receive the order, I called to check. I was told they don't ship next day to PO Boxes, so the order was changed to standard shipping. I did not receive any sort of notice or email. I gave them a business address and they said it would be the next business day from that point (Mon). I call to check on the order Sunday, and it is still in SUBMTITED status! Not only did the knives arrive too late, but half of them weren't even engraved.

kaytec
12/14/18

ISSUE RESOLVED!
I purchased an engraved ornament which was shipped in a timely manner. This was in memory of my son who passed away this year and was a gift for his 9-year old daughter. The ornament was nice. I would have been satisfied except that the box it was in was broken. This is a keepsake for my granddaughter to have for many years to come and it would have been nice to have a decent box to store the ornament. I emailed customer service and they offered to let me return it but this was not acceptable since I had already given it to my granddaughter to hang on the tree. It would have been cruel to take it from her.

abbyj19
12/10/18

I had to call customer service three time before someone even picked up. Then I was only told that my item was handled by a third party so they could not do anything about it. It ended up being a month with no word about the item ordered until I had to go through the hoops of customer service again to cancel the damn order.

tonih65
8/5/18

I took a brass ornament for engraving. The clerk used two different fonts for the two initials. She stated "I guessed the machine is messed up". She damaged the product. When I told her it was not satisfactory she stated to bring the receipt and Things Remembered will reimburse the purchase price. The following day I returned with the receipt. She was there along with someone else, I assumed the Manager. He stated I had to buy a new item and then they will purchase the item. I purchased the it in another city, his response, very condescending "I guess you have to go back to that city and purchase a new one". Obviouslty something I can't do. When I told him what the other clerk (Christina) had said the day before, he relied that is not company policy. I guess they don't train their employees properly.

STAY AWAY FROM THIS STORE!!!! SPECIALLY IF YOU ARE JUST BRINGING YOUR PERSONAL ITEM TO ENGRAVE!!!!!!

rikib1
7/31/18

I ordered a bangle bracelet with one of the hearts engraved for my mother's birthday. I also ordered the heart shaped jewelry box, also with her name engraved on it. I ordered a little late for the shipping to be on time for her birthday so I decided to pick up in store (which was an hour away!) But thought it would be worth it because, if I do say so myself, they were pretty darn cute! After the hour drive.... We got to the counter and the guy unwrapped it, held it in his hand and showed us the engravings, everything looked good. We made the trek home, and once there I decided to look closer at it. On the heart box it was scratched on the back, anddd the pin was missing out of the hinge where you open it. No wonder he kept it in his hand, we couldn't see that part. So I called customer service, they said they would send a new one, which they did, but if I wanted to return it, i'd have to drive that hour back to the store or pay for my own postage to send it through the mail because they dont pay for that! Okay, we're on strike #2. 3 days after her wearing the bracelet, all of the "gold" wore off and now looks like a kids bracelet you can get out of a 25 cent machine at the bowling alley. Why did I pay $70 For something that cheap?! They look like a high-end place, but dont let it fool you. I will NEVER order from them again.

nelliec25
7/17/18

This was the worst customer services experience. I couldn't place the order online so I had to call, then they said it was on backorder. I still ordered the gift and it ended up on backorder again without them telling me and they just cancelled the order! Even thought I received an email saying - DO NOT REPLY if you want to move forward with the delivery. I had to call and get the order placed again! (this gift is now is almost 2 months late). Now I get another email saying there is another issue- so I call and they say they have only 1 font for this when they confirmed on 3 different calls the script writing I ordered. Plus horrible over customer service all around. Gift is still not delivered.

tonyar33
6/8/18

Great experience with Things Remembered. Ordered a Family plaque online and picked it up in the store. Love it!!!

wendyo32
6/8/18

had the worst customer service experience. things came mis-engraved with no speed of service to get us the item. we didnt have a gift to give a retired partner of 30 years at his retirement reception.

katem163
5/11/18

WOW!! Long story short, I attempted to do a site-to-store purchase due to needing an item quickly. It ended up that the items o ordered were not available for that option but I unknowingly ordered it anyway. After 2 calls and a visit to the local store, I left with 2 fantastic personalized items and a refund on my online order. Way to take care of your customer guys!! Shout out to Matthew Blaine in the Governor's Square store in Tallahassee, FL and to Terri and Charity at the call center for straightening my mess out!!! My little cousin is going to LOVE her graduation gifts!! You guys ROCK!!!

tinag87
12/30/17

I recently bought an item online for my dad's upcoming birthday. My item arrived 4 days early. Was packaged well, looks great & I am over all very happy with my purchase.

amandah185
12/26/17

I placed an order online and received an email with the delivery date. That day came and i never received my item so i called customer service. they then told me that my order was canceled due to my item being no longer available and that i should have received an email with this information, which i never did. The guy i spoke with was very nice and helpful. he stated we could get a new a better item ordered for the same price i paid before and that he would expedite the order so i would have it by christmas. well the day he told me it would be delivered came and i still had no order. so i call customer service again and the lady i spoke with was very rude and stated the guy had never placed the order or noted anything in the account. So now christmas is past and i still have no beer mug that i ordered. At this point i will never order from them again and will start using a different company.

tabithan3
12/26/17

They ran out of my order I got a email saying they ran out and to call them. I was greeted by two excellent reps that not only found me some great similar items but made sure I got a percentage off and expedited shipping. The items came fast and were perfect.

daniellek43
12/23/17

I ordered a whiskey decanter with an engraving on it about a week before Christmas. The next day, I received an email telling me that item was out of stock, but they offered me 50% off a different item and free expedited shipping. I responded, and got a call from them to confirm my new order. Sure enough I was able to get 50% off and free expedited shipping of a different whiskey decanter all before Christmas came along! The woman I spoke to on the phone was incredibly friendly and made this process very easy! I would recommend Things Remembered because of the amazing customer service I received, and the whiskey decanter is something I'm sure my father will love for Christmas!

courtp
12/22/17

I ordered online 5 items a day after Thanksgiving. These items were intended as Christmas gifts for my loved ones. I received 4 out of my 5 items a week later. I waited two days before calling costumer service.. still no shipment. Then, someone from costumer service called and left a message saying that my item had a error and wanted to speak to me before finalizing the personalization. I called back immediately and the employee I spoke to explained there was no error and my item would come shortly. I waited a couple of days and then decided to get in touch with a costumer service employee because I was worried about my item. They claimed I did not order or pay for this item. After arguing that I have been charged and have the email confirmation of my order, she then explained that my item was cancelled!?!? She then insured me that it was an mistake on their end and that they would refund my card and send it out with two day shipping. I was so happy because I thought my problem was solved.. but I was so wrong. Four days later, still did not receive my item. I called yet again and spoke to another employee who would send it out to me in 2 days. A week later and STILL nothing!! I called again ( THIS IS FOR THE 4TH TIME) .. had to explain the whole story over again and convince them to send me my item because the previous worker did not make a note of it in my file and she too "promised" I would receive my item in 2 days. Here I am, still waiting, almost a whole month later for my item. She "promised" I would receive it Thursday night (yesterday). I had to call again this morning to make sure it was sent out and not cancelled again... for the 4th time. Christmas is in 3 days and I am so worried I am not going to receive my gift. I've never been more stressed out about ordering online in my LIFE!! I ORDERED THIS ITEM ON NOVEMBER 25TH & IT IS NOW DECEMBER 22ND!!! HOLIDAY DISASTER.. NEVER ORDERING FROM HERE AGAIN!

barbarad120
12/21/17

I ordered a snow globe for my mom for Christmas on line. The globe itself cost around $37 dollars, the engraving cost just about the same. (I Love you Mom). i got it in about a weeks time. Upon opening it, at first i thought they had forgotten to engrave it, but it was worse, they had engraved it and the etching is so faint you can barely see it. For the amount they charge per letter i expected to be able to see it. I have ordered two globes from them in past years, one in store and one on line, and while pricey they both came out nice. I have emailed them 3 times since receiving the item and no one has bothered to respond.

I know we are all busy with the holidays and all, but i feel this is poor customer service.

Will take future business elsewhere.

garyd106
12/19/17

Emailed a week ago after receiving damaged products. These were mailed to me in that condition? Really? Where is your quality control? I cannot give scratched defaced gifts. No response back from anyone in customer service. Never again.

carolb203
11/30/17

Called the Manager to let her know that something was left off the engravement that she clearly told me was going to be on there. She was very rude & said thay did not charge me for it. I said ok how much is it. I was willing to pay for what she left off, but, now she doesn't want to do it over to make the correction. What ever happened to the customer is right. Very poor Customer Service. I will not buy anything else from Things Remembered.

michelled159
10/17/17

What should have been a 5 minute online ordeal turned into a 3 hour process. No one could help understand why the website wasn't processing after I tried on 3 computers and a phone. Then it took an hour while someone had to place the order for me. The girl was new. She was very nice but had received very little training to get her started. They really need to improve their online shopping experience or next time I'll save my $150 and buy a gift card!! Get some IT support.

27 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Yes this is in La Palmera Mall.

By Sharon T.
Questions? Get answers from the ThingsRemembered staff and other customers.

2 Photos for ThingsRemembered