Review of TeeOff

Tel: 1-855-383-3633
customerservice@teeoff.com

caseyr44
5/24/19

Booked a tee time through TeeOff.com. Unfortunately, I was unable to make my tee time, so I called the golf course and cancelled. They were happy to do so, and I was directed back to TeeOff.com for my refund.

When I called, I first landed with Golf18.com. Spoke to a representative who was very nice, and informed me that even though I cancelled inside of 24 hours, I could move my tee time to a new date, or be credited for a different tee time with the service. She then told me that TeeOff.com and Golf18 recently went through a merger, and that I would actually have to speak with someone at TeeOff.com to cancel/get a refund because that was technically who I booked through.

The rep at TeeOff.com told me that because I was cancelling inside of 24 hours I would receive no refund, no credit, nothing... According to the rep, TeeOff.com holds that tee time, however, the golf course pro shop said they would be able to fill my tee time. Thus I am left not knowing who actually owns that tee time.

Furthermore, I was told TeeOff.com would be keeping the money I spent on the booking, and that money would not go to the golf course. Again this seemed sketchy to me. Lastly, when I asked how the cancellation policy of TeeOff could be so vastly different from the company they merged with, I was told by the rep at TeeOff.com that there was no merger between them and Golf18. So... who the heck is lying? Where is my money? I have no idea. Regardless, I am never using this service again, and I would advise no person to utilize this service, ever.

jasonb737
5/1/19

It was nowhere in the FAQ or anywhere on the site that the $50 (total of $150 off) would be released on 4 month chunks. My understanding by reading everything was that they'd all be available to me at the time of purchase.

I live in the Northeast so I'm probably unlikely to utilize the promo code that is good from January through April 30th, unless I get out for a round in early April (At which point the courses aren't in any good shape anyways)

jonathann78
3/11/19

Player pass is worthless if you want to play more than once a week. Coupon code to get extra discount is for only one use. Customer service is horrible!
FAQ: very misleading. See Attachment

jasonk240
9/27/18

I booked a few tee times through this site first time was terrible as the cart wasn't included and could have gone to the course it self and paid a lower price for the 18 and cart instead ended up paying more, booked through it again thinking give it a shot they double pulled my money 75.00 dollars, when I called and told them they said that's weird, told me I would see a refund in 3 days, well a week later nothing and then on the 9th day it shows up but it's not the full amount, they say well there is a cancellation charge and I say I didn't cancel you double charged me, they say well you will see the rest of the money with in a week... this site is a scam and not good deals at all, you can get better just calling the pro shop... STAY AWAY FROM TEEOFF .COM ITS A SCAM

johna1105
9/25/18

I have used teeoff.com many times,and generally would say I was satisfied with their service. However, today I played a course booked through them, for which I paid standard price, only to find 9 holes unavailable. Worse, the greens on the available 9 holes were freshly punched and sanded, with sand so deep in places that the ball would stop! Unplayable: not worth $10, let alone the $35 per player I paid.
After complaining about lack of notice of course conditions, I received an apology and an underwhelming offer of 20% off a future deal time booking!!!! Claimed they were not notified by the course (Anaheim Hills), so it was not their fault and 20% off future golf was the best that they could do.
Glad there are plenty of other booking services that will now get my business.

johnf727
6/21/18

So I prepaid for a foursome and the day of the tee time it was pouring rain. I called to get a refund but they have a 24 hours cancellation policy and refused to give me a refund. I guess they expected me to play in the pouring rain.What a ripoff at any price. Do not use this service as Golfnow allows for cancellations for any reason up to the time of the tee time, so save your money and DO NOT USE TEEOFF.com

markw501
5/2/18

Yeah dont get sucked in by their click bait offer! It does not apply to you is their response once you book and no discount can be applied! Worthless

billyf26
3/27/18

I inadvertently clicked the wrong tee time box when making a reservation. Upon confirmation, I realized the time was two hours later than I wanted. I immediately called the toll free number to correct the tee time. The teeoff agent told me that he would correct the issue, and would do so without cancellation penalty. He then made the corrected tee time, but charged me $2.00 for the cancellation and did not apply my promo code, because I had used it in the first (erroneous) reservation. Bottom line: I paid full price plus $2.00 for hitting the wrong tee time box. Be very careful when making reservations using teeoff.com.

pissedo87
11/21/17

I spent a while trying to figure out how to use a promo code that I was given worth $50 bucks. I was actually given a few of them. I had to email customer service to find out that I can only use the promo codes on "deal times". After navigating the site, I figured out how to search the deal times. I thought it is what it is, lets find a deal and book a time. So I find a course and add 4 players and then find out I can only apply one promo code per booking. So if it cost more than $50 I have to pay the difference. So then I figured, alright, I will book them all individually so I don't have to pay any cash. Then I come to find out that the deal times aren't always available as advertised. As a matter of fact, I tried booking over 20 displayed tee times on 3 separate courses and couldn't find one available course or time to book. Tee Off needs to keep up to date or they are going to lose more customers. So then I called the course and booked the time. Went around Tee Off and will see if I can get the promo codes paid back to me in some other way. I am disappointed with TeeOff and will never use again.

davidc626
11/6/17

Teeoff sent me a 30% off coupon and charged me $40 each after the gave me the discount. Then I show up at the course and the regular rate that day was $35. I asked to cancel so I can pay the $35 and they said you already played. I hadn't played yet. Then I asked them for a refund. They said we can't do that. Don't use them.

toml157
10/16/17

I booked a foursome online for what was advertised as $54 yet they charged me an additional $4 per golf. They lost a customer when customer service couldn't rectify the additional cost.

richs49
10/4/17

Horrible customer service. My daughter paid $100 for a gift card. I went to use it and it's only good on the bargain times they offer. They are limited,and not the best times. They have our cash and it should be able to be used like cash. They could care less that I was unhappy never use again

johnr405
11/27/16

booking fees can be as much as 10% of the green fees and they charge a booking fee for every player in the group and for "hot deals" where they already get all the funds.

There is just no value.

markn69
4/26/16

Never had a situation where I could not get a refund after 12 hours of rain and a major storm coming through just after tee time!

kevinl72
8/24/15

Just as bad as golfnow.com. Why does the person setting up the tee time have to pay $2 to $3 extra per person up front. I set up the tee times for my group and it cost me between $8 and $12 extra on the spot. So I either have to bug everyone else for $2 each or just pay extra for the "privilege" of finding and making the tee times.

Questions? Get answers from the TeeOff staff and other customers.

3 Photos for TeeOff