Review of GolfNow

Tel: 407-355-4653
reviews@golfnow.com

reee2
11/30/17

I made a mistake when I booked a tee time online with this company. I realized my mistake of the day I booked it, tried to cancel the same day on their website as suggested by company and I was told must call customer service to cancel. After an hour waiting on hold, I was told I could not cancel or change and I would not receive a refund or credit for another day. Really??? If I were a VIP member (more fees!) I could cancel or change. I simply needed to change the day for 4 players and the rep on the phone said "sorry, no can do. Is there anything else I can help you with?" In other words...Too bad, get me off the phone. Bad Business! Thanks for NOT playing! Yes, my mistake for booking wrong day for my group, but no changes, no refund, no credit for another day??? Robbery!

vp31
11/27/17

BEWARE OF BOOKING THROUGH GOLFNOW! If you are not willing to pay$$$ to be one of their VIP members, they will not refund, make adjustments to times or days.... they just keep your money, and say sorry! If you have an emergency, car accident, whatever - NOPE! Their only exception is death LOL!... That's right, the exact words from their customer service reps Cache and Katie. HAVE YOU SEEN THEIR BETTER BUSINESS REVIEWS - HORRIBLE! https://www.bbb.org/central-florida/business-reviews/bulletin-and-directory-boards/golfnow-in-orlando-fl-12141313/reviews-and-complaints - I will no longer use their platform to book my tee times. Many others, Teeoff.com, Golfzing, Golfmoose etc etc...

alanj67
11/27/17

I simply needed to change a tee time from the day I booked it to the day before due to a work conflict. This should simply be a credit of the day I booked and moved to the day before. Regardless of a hot deal or any other kind of deal. This is simply stealing money. I was tricked into this site. I just went to the course site and saw internet special. I had no idea I was being linked to this golf now theft site.

jimc209
11/24/17

I have used GolfNow for close to 30 years. GolfNow is consistent in only one thing... less for customer more for GolfNow. It actually used to be one of the best values by far when it was owned by Cypress with good prices and even better rewards for loyal customers. When it was acquired by the Golfchannel it immediately started cutting benefits to what amounts to virtually none at this time. Customer service is less and less inclined to do anything to retain customers. I called at 0630 and opted for a call back... 4 and a half hours later I get a call and message that I can call back if I still need assistance. When I did I was put back in the queue. Anyway, I won't be using or recommending GolfNow to anyone and will be likely to rant against them while drinking a beer after a round.
Take a look at the ratings on this site, get wise, look elsewhere and send GolfNow a message. I have years in the past where I booked over 100 rounds... this year only 6 and most of them were on vacation and just due to not wanting to go course by course through the phone book.
Avoid this service... you can find comparable values without encouraging this unscrupulous business practice.

scottk102
11/22/17

I got an email promotion for buy one hot deal get 2 free. When I tried to use it they said it wasn't good for the day I wanted even though it had the day in the email, then I tried to use my rewards I had saved up plus my VIP rewards and was told I had to make them 3 days out which is ridiculous there is no savings that way. I will not use golf now anymore and will be taking my business to teeoff.com

benh118
11/22/17

You can't use your rewards points anymore unless you book 3 days in advance VIP members included. The greens fees 2+ days in advance are highly inflated now so using your rewards points keeps the greens fees higher than the individual course charges. What a joke. VIP is a waste of money too! It sounds and looks like a big scam between Golfnow and golf courses. I used to like it but now I only use it if the right deal is available other I use other booking source that has better deals.

gleng14
10/30/17

We were offered and accepted a Golfnow Tee Time at a course for 7:00 am with breakfast included.
When we arrived to golf, without having eaten breakfast because of the ad, the course just laughed at us and said they didnt even have a hot grill for food. And they wouldnt honor any kind of special for snacks and drinks.
I am disappointed that Golfnow would post this falsely to attract a sale. Good luck Golfnow on getting anymore fees from me to golf. I live and preach honesty to be the best person I can in life. Its too bad that that you can operate a business this way!
Regards,
Southern Arizona Golfer

jimb329
10/25/17

I had been a member for years. Changes in point structure and institution of expiration dates resulted in accumulated rewards being unavailable for use. This resulted in repeated loss of reward certificates and refusal to reinstate. Catch 22.

rickl81
10/23/17

Rained on our back nine and they refuse to give is a refund. We have called for 3 weeks and nobody ever returns our calls. DON'T USE THEM! They are comcast and they don't care about the customer -- ever. Just a scam to lock up money for them. They don't have any customer service.

jackb240
10/22/17

They play tee time hostage, don't release tee times even if they have been cancelled for days. Bad for players, bad for courses.

dennisd70
10/18/17

first time i used the site i booked a "hot deal." contacted customer service to move the time and was told i couldn't because it was a hot deal. however, if i paid $99 for a VIP membership i can cancel tee times up to an hour before. what a sham!

dougd45
10/16/17

Twice in three months I have reserved tee times via GolfNow only to find, upon arrival at the course, that the GolfNow system never successfully booked and confirmed the reservation. Both times I received a confirmation from GolfNow at the time of booking, so I had no inkling that I was bound for trouble upon arrival at the course.

chrisn83
9/9/17

My local golf club uses this company as their answering service. I called to find out if they were open due to the weather and Christian told me they were till 6. I drove 25 miles to golf just to find they were in fact not open. Thanks a lot Christian. Unless you want to pay me for the gas and time I wasted, your apology is not accepted. You guys suck

jefft79
9/4/17

I will never use these clowns again, Booked thru golfnow only to find out that the rate they charged was the course regular rate which would be no problem but they charged my nearly $10 and refuse to issue a refund!

mikeb414
9/1/17

Called for refund due to member of foursome's mother having medical emergency and we had to leave for 4 hour drive home. They could have carried less and refused refund. Never use them

martinet5
8/21/17

Golf is expensive and I was hoping to get my rewards from them but every time I tried to use a code it didn't work. Called the 800 customer service no answer. Tried to chat with someone but for some reason the message typing function did not work. Imagine that. They don't want to deal with us because at the end of the day their real customer are the golf courses. They have to answer to them not us. So if I could I would also give them a big fat zero, 0

Tip for consumers: don't

coltonc3
8/15/17

Online Fees are EXTREMELY high. you think you're getting a good deal, until you go to 'online check out' and see the true price dramatically increase. stay away

alexk129
8/15/17

You can't use your rewards points anymore unless you book 3 days in advance VIP members included. The greens fees 2+ days in advance are highly inflated now so using your rewards points keeps the greensfees higher than the individual course charges. What a joke. VIP is a waste of money too!
Golfnever!!

dennisw75
7/29/17

Played gladstone golf course yesterday. Course is very well maintained. Excellent greens, cut fairways, very enjoyable. Staff extremely friendly and accommodating. True up north gem.

seanf45
7/12/17

They are now too big for their britches, back in he day the booking fee was 3.95 and that was a one and done deal. Now making you pay for 4 golfers, and being higher than what the course charges I never use them anymore. Call the course, or use the courses website, you will save money in the long run. Their bull$#*! VIP is a total rip off, and saw that coming so I didn't become a member. Hopefully they lose so much business that they fold.

frankb146
7/12/17

Are you f***ng nuts? I am going to pay a transaction fee when i cancel well in advance of my tee time? I use golfnow to save money.....I play by the rules..any cancellations are well in advance..and now you want me to pay for golf when a friend or two cancels 3 days in advance? Are you serious? I have been using golfnow for almost since you started....I will never use you again.....

jimn61
7/7/17

Within 5 days, with guests in town and tee times booked 3 weeks in advance, we got a call 1 day in advance saying the course would not honor the rate. The 2nd time we were on our way to the course when receiving the call saying they could not honor the tee time. No wonder so many poor ratings. GolfNow, you better up your game or you're out. To be fair, we've never had a problem in Arizona, only here in Michigan

owenl13
6/26/17

I've seen a lot of bad reviews of the Golfnow website, but I recently joined their VIP program and it is great! I can book a hot deal which typically saves 25% off of the regular rate and not have to be concerned about cancelling the tee time. Before being a VIP, I would pass up some great deals because you couldn't cancel a hot deal unless the course was closed. Also, you pay no booking fees for your entire foursome and that saves us $14 per round. Their customer service is outstanding!

johnm1071
6/1/17

As you see by the reviews, they don't care about the customer or how many bad reviews they receive. I have tried to reason with them but to no avail. Courses are dropping them left and right. Try TeeOff.com or Golf18network.com instead. Maybe they will consider improving service to the courses and golfers if hit in the pocketbook.

Tip for consumers: Try TeeOff.com or Golf18network.com instead.

brandonh57
5/24/17

Used to be a great way to land a stellar deal - now it's just a way for the owners to rip off golfers. Fees used to be no biggie because of the good deals, especially the "hot deals". Yeah, the fee was there but it was nominal and you were able to accrue 'points' to be used for a promo $10 off hot deals, which get better and better as the tee time approaches. Now your promo codes have to be used a minimum of 3 days in advance, basically voiding any reason to book them ... considering I can get just as good, if not better, a deal by simply 'walking on' or calling the pro shop the day of. Example: Looking to book a course for 3 days from now - the Hot Deal for the course was $30 more than any rate at any time of the day that I could get by simply calling the pro shop for a tee time. Even with a $10 promo, I'm still paying more through this site. Used to be great, now it just sucks.

1 rating was submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Because they got too big for their britches. They think they have such a clientele that the few who will drop off are insignificant. They would not even refund my fees for an accidental booking I made for the wrong day. You are correct, I have been going thru the local websites of the courses themselves. I was a customer for 5 years with about 40 bookings per year, they took away my free fees and the bonuses. I have not booked with them in 4 months.

By Theyo E.

Golfnow sent an E-mail to me (Dec) informing me that points must be used by Dec. 31. Ok tried to find a tee time for Sat or Sun because I work M-F. Not one single location available in Tampa, Lakeland and Orlando to book. Having 6600 points that I lose, it seems more notice would have been provided to assist in using valued points (converted $88.20). Nearest course several hours away (Daytona) not happening. Contacted Golfnow and Mr.Joe Bab$#*! of customer service, (oxymoron), had me call 800-767-3574 to get a tee time, what a joke, lady on phone was of no value and promised her supervisor would call back. Hell will freeze first, never again do business with these cons. Thanks, Douglas Roger Sundean

By Douglas S.

I access the golfnow.com web site and pay with credit card.

By Terry C.

I concur with both responses above as I have seen it done both ways. Often too if you wait too long the courses you want will not have any tee times available. I usually book a few days in advance.

By Melissa B.

Course manager must call them to give you refund. However, course must be closed!!! good luck driving to course and find out it's closed....happened and tuff luck. Also, no raincheck if started playing already. They are the worst website out there while others are accommodating.

By Fore C.

Questions? Get answers from the GolfNow staff and other customers.

GolfNow?