Review of GolfNow

Tel: 407-355-4653
reviews@golfnow.com

dougd98
10/27/18

Do not book teetimes with GolfNow.com I booked a tee time on a Wednesday for a Saturday morning tee time. Got my confirmation that everything was booked. Our tee time was for 8:48 Saturday morning. At 8 a.m. Saturday morning I got an email and call saying our tee time had been cancelled! One of our4 some was already there. When I called to asked how this could happen, they told me they were a technology company and we dont actually talk to the course. Needless to say, that completely ruined my Saturday and three other people, barely got a sorry out of them. I will tell every golfer I know and post at my country club to not use golf now to book tee times ever.

charlesq13
9/8/18

I booked a tee time and played using the EARN20 promo code on Sep 3. The fine print states:

"Once valid purchase is made and Offer is redeemed, the purchaser will receive a code for $20 in "Hot Deals Cash" (see below) no later than September 5, 2018."

It is now September 7, 2018 and I have not yet received the $20 promo code.

My confirmation was #320368055.

When can I expect to see the $20 code?

Charles Quam

sunilp16
8/19/18

Booked a hot deal on golfnow and could not play because of weather - it was raining heavily and no one could go out to the course to play.

Waited for 30 mins and decided not to play and cancelled the tee time at the pro shop while I was there

Called golfnow for checking to make sure that I am not charged.... expla8ned to them what happened but could not get them to reverse the charge...

They told me that unless the course was closed they would not offer a refund.... irrespective of the fact one could not play at the designated time.... VERY UNFAIR - I would play if I could.... offered some promo codes which really were meaningless as I could never use these...

Not going to use them again....

toddl65
8/12/18

Paid $30 more than I would have on under par. Under par also gave you a free round to walk another 18 if you wanted.

jerryc214
8/8/18

The app glitches allot and changes dates to the current date constantly which makes navigation a pain. Make sure you verify everything before entering you credit card info because there will be no refunds from this company.

There customer service was good for me unlike most reviews here but they were unable to simply change my tee time to a different date. As stated above the app changes dates frequently even after seeing the date you are looking for. If you use their services be prepared to call your credit card company to dispute the charges.

Will never use the service again. Some flexibility on their part would probably improve the reviews they have.

mikeh666
8/2/18

Golfnow used to be a good place to get decent green fees. But they changed the site making it much more difficult to search and find particular courses. Their rewards system is a joke. You can only use the rewards by booking 3 days in advance when the prices are % 50 higher! Whoopeeee. You save nothing. Best to take your chances and book hours before the desired tee time when you can actually get good deals. Be very careful booking though to make absolutely sure of the day and time before you commit. Unlike some here I found customer service OK - got a refund when somehow I double booked - suspect I accidentally hit the book button twice. Also check the course website to see what their rates are as some have good senior rates - much lower than Golfnow quotes.

tomb564
7/24/18

Complete ripoff. Booked through the golf course website but it links with golfnow, it was raining hard an hour before tee time with rain and thunderstorms forecasted for rest of afternoon. Called to cancel but since golf course didnt officially close I was not given refund. Stay away!!

stevet268
7/17/18

Unlike most of these reviews I have had only good interactions with the customer service team. They have been quick to help and solve my problems.

jeffb483
7/17/18

Can you give a less than zero for this site?! I was super careful when I booked to make sure I could cancel. They said I booked a Hot Deal and those can never be refunded - so I'm out $130++.. I later found out you need to click a few times to find the fine print.
Be very very very careful. I have also cancelled a tee time 1 week in advance and never received my $12 back. NOW I get why not.....it is literally a scam of a site. Good luck!!!

subyw
7/16/18

Make sure that you very carefully book the actual day that is posted. GolfNow has
a habit of listing one day, but once booked, the play is for another day. Then it
is impossible to reach GolfNow for a full credit. The customer service is simply
terrible. My credit card company did a full credit to my account. However, this
was no thanks to GolfNow.

ryans372
7/9/18

Apparently I'm out $60 bucks because golf now never specified that my hot deal was for Monday at noon instead of the Sunday at noon we we're trying to book. Then when I asked for a return (I canceled it once I got to the course and learned this) they gave me promo codes to use for only their hot deals and only Monday threw Thursday. AVOID GOLFNOW AT ALL COSTS!!!

robertg662
7/8/18

After dealing with golfnow I feel very exposed and vulnerable to this scamming organisation. In good faith I booked a hot deal for early afternoon on Canada day. I discovered that our foursome wanted to play earlier so I consulted their website to alter my tee time to earlier. They said the only way to amend a tee time was to cancel and rebook which I did and subseguently was left paying for 2 foursomes same day same course 2 hrs apart. There customer service is very inflexible insisting that my tee time amendment was not valid and they insist that a cancellation was non refundable. The could not grasp the concept that a rebooked tee time same day same course was not a cancelation but a tee time amendment. I am left with no option but to dis golfnow every opportunity I get and i will get my just reward.
Regards
Robert G. Disgruntled golfer.

dereks123
7/6/18

Avoid GolfNow at all cost there are many other golf booking sites that you can use without getting ripped off avoid GolfNow and avoid headaches

markb860
7/6/18

Their website had an error and double booked and double charged me and would not refund. I was tossed around back and forth between the golf course staff and the golf now customer service.

darylm47
7/4/18

This has been the shadiest experience I've ever had dealing with a business.

Fine print says cancel ONLY by calling this number. You call it and it says you can't cancel over the phone. It then tells you to go to the website, and login. Well guess what, I've never been a member of their site! I signed up for the tee time on the golf course website and I have no possible way to log in. The forgot password did not send me anything. What a piece of crap.

These awful reviews are not fake. They are a money hungry, terrible company that has yet to respond.

golfnowc
6/29/18

GolfNow set up the wrong tee time for me. Called to ask them to change it or issue me a refund. Got passed around and told a supervisor would contact me. Never heard from golfnow. They charged my card. Had to initiate fraud proceedings on golfnow. Maybe customer service will finally get back to me. Horrible company with even worse customer service. The customer service rep William is a straight up LIAR!

mikee162
6/28/18

Set up tee times at our favorite club in the OBX. Their site directed me to GolfNow. I made the reservations and quickly realized they charged me @ 10 to set it up and a small portion of the green fees. When I went the to the club they had my tee time but no evidence of any prepayment of green fee and they claim they get nothing from Golfnow. So they are cheating you out of this as well . Also the rate the club quoted me was far less then advertised before I even said i used Golfnow to make the reservation. I recommend just calling any club and not using this service. It's a scam.

robertj409
6/16/18

Arrived at a golf course last week and found out my tee time was never booked. Called another golf course today and found out my tee time wasn't booked either. VIP service says it's normal and it happens, nothing they can do.

They were also unwilling to refund a cash credit for cancelling a tee time. They claim that because you are only allowed to book one tee time a day, booking and cancelling addtitional tee times will result in forfeiting your prepayment.

Such a pain to deal with these guys! I do not recommend their VIP service plan to anyone.

terryw201
6/14/18

you can get better rates on courses web sight then HOT DEALS, if not a member, they take your money. give you discount codes for sorry dates and times. STAY AWAY.

susanom
6/6/18

You'll end up paying more for a tee time if you book through this scamming site. They make it impossible to cancel a reservation. I will talk to the golf courses where I play and tell them not to accept tee times from this horrible site.

jessiet27
6/2/18

Boyfriend made a reservation online, he was double charged when the website refreshed asking for confirmation. Called customer service and spent 15 minutes dealing with dead end solutions. Said they couldnt confirm there was an error on their end, therefore they cant refund. Mostly frustrated that they refused to look into the issue and couldnt refund the charge which went through without approval. Bad experience, hopefully golf courses pick up on this lack of professionalism and find more personal and tailored businesses to partner with.

kenb256
5/31/18

This is a scam site that Golf Courses should run from. I would think most courses would not want to be associated with a service like this.

My advice is to call the Golf Course directly and book your tee times through them.

stephenm339
5/27/18

Recently went onto Golfnow to get a tee time at Longbow in Mesa Arizona. They were advertising tee times on the Wednesday reduced from $112 to $63/$64 for a morning round. When you went onto Longbows website the total price with a buggy was $54. AND IF YOU WERE A SENOIR $39. Don't know where they got the original price of $112 from, Beware!

stephenk172
5/25/18

Oh no! VIP?
It's not honesty golf business golfers can trust.
That shows a lot of good things but you need a magnify glass to read it carefully and if something golfers enjoy? they will change it for money for their pocket.
For example, 25% more saving? No, when you use any promo code, it only consider dollar amount after applying it.
Any promo code for a year? only you can use after 12 M to Thurs.
Free cancellation? No, only once for a course on that day, so if you cancel 2nd time, eventually, you will loose money.
This sneaky and dishonesty business shouldn't be exist but if you don't mind dealing some stress from dishonest, it's okay to keep it.
Good luck dealing with them.

jeremyn36
5/24/18

I wish I had paid more attention to the reviews. Somehow the date the app booked my round was a day off. I showed up when I knew I was supposed to play and paid full price. Then they charged me a no show fee as well. They were completely unable to assist getting that fee waived or refunded. Horrible customer service!

1 rating was submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Because they got too big for their britches. They think they have such a clientele that the few who will drop off are insignificant. They would not even refund my fees for an accidental booking I made for the wrong day. You are correct, I have been going thru the local websites of the courses themselves. I was a customer for 5 years with about 40 bookings per year, they took away my free fees and the bonuses. I have not booked with them in 4 months.

By Theyo E.

Golfnow sent an E-mail to me (Dec) informing me that points must be used by Dec. 31. Ok tried to find a tee time for Sat or Sun because I work M-F. Not one single location available in Tampa, Lakeland and Orlando to book. Having 6600 points that I lose, it seems more notice would have been provided to assist in using valued points (converted $88.20). Nearest course several hours away (Daytona) not happening. Contacted Golfnow and Mr.Joe Bab$#*! of customer service, (oxymoron), had me call 800-767-3574 to get a tee time, what a joke, lady on phone was of no value and promised her supervisor would call back. Hell will freeze first, never again do business with these cons. Thanks, Douglas Roger Sundean

By Douglas S.

I access the golfnow.com web site and pay with credit card.

By Terry C.

I concur with both responses above as I have seen it done both ways. Often too if you wait too long the courses you want will not have any tee times available. I usually book a few days in advance.

By Melissa B.

Course manager must call them to give you refund. However, course must be closed!!! good luck driving to course and find out it's closed....happened and tuff luck. Also, no raincheck if started playing already. They are the worst website out there while others are accommodating.

By Fore C.

Questions? Get answers from the GolfNow staff and other customers.

3 Photos for GolfNow