Review of GolfNow

Tel: 407-355-4653
reviews@golfnow.com

gregm430
5/20/19

It is impossible to reach a live person. I tried 5 numbers to try to change a reservation. Thank goodness the course changed it for me . Do not use these people!!!! They advertised $10 for the round but it would up being $15 after their fees - 50% increase Never use them

seanc239
5/17/19

Golf now's website double booked me through an error. Even though /i showed up to the course and did play, I got charged for a no show for both bookings. After many phone calls they will not reverse any of the charges even though the error was with their website.

patricko103
5/15/19

This site is a scam. They claimed that I did not show up for my round and charged my card without notice. Then they ignore my requests for a refund. Terrible.

carld169
4/24/19

Golf Now Sucks. Did a ton of business with them in the past they were always very good. Recently they charged me $211 for golf pass that I did not authorize. Called and they would not return that fee saying it was over 30 days. Since I had no Idea they were charging my card did not see it until I got my bill.

jamieb259
4/20/19

Golf Now charged us twice on a booking! They have a No Refund policy, so when we cancelled one time and booked another time at the same course on the same day, they charged us twice. I got no help when we called Golf Now and explained the situation, even though we had a cancellation code from the course. Just Brutal!!
Use another site!!

michaelc1688
4/16/19

Golfnow is only in this for the money. They have created a method eliminating any way to get on touch with extenuating circumstances. This is touted as a customer service but actually is a GolfNow only service.
I do not recommend this program as many golf courses have ousted this booking program. Call the clubs your self you will get a person who cares about our business.

donniew31
3/27/19

Folks, just read the review sites concerning GolfNow (now known as GolfPass). Yelp gives them 1.5 of 5, Sitejabber 1.4 of 5, Trust Pilot 1.3 of 10, Complaintsboard 1.0 of 5, and Better Business Bureau 1.0 of 5 with 63 BBB complaints against them!!! If that doesn't tell you all you need to know, then beware you'll be the next person they take advantage of. They've obviously been feeling the heat so badly, they're changing their name from GolfNow to GolfPass to hide their past sins. I've found many golf courses can't stand them, just ask the pro at the course.
I just got shafted after my GolfPass tee time reservation was cancelled. The initial reservation says "You are responsible for payment of greens fees unless: 1) you cancel your reservation prior to the tee time via GolfNow OR 2) the course is closed due to weather." I cancelled our tee time 5 hours before the tee time (complying with the first criteria). I did it on their app site as required due to rain that day. With my status as a VIP Member and with the "No worry cancellation policy" (paid for in my dues) they still won't refund my tee time charges. Start to "worry" when you deal with this outfit.
I too, like many of the people who've complained, was told I was grandfathered in at the $99.00 VIP level price until they decided to scrap that price and charge VIP's - $199 a year! For this aggravation, and as a senior with grandchildren, I don't need to be "grandfathered" in by this outfit. Seniors should especially beware!!!
Customer "No Service" is what they are all about. Ripoff.

Tip for consumers: Beware of how bad GolfPass/GolfNow is. READ THE REVIEWS!!!

garyd405
3/13/19

Booked Country Club of Hilton Head. Nice course and certainly worth playing.
But booking a foursome and trying to have each player pay individually was a nightmare. Course couldn't do it. Last year was simple and seamless but this year not worth the agrivation. Will probably not use in the future unless you go back to the previous system.

tomm666
3/10/19

3 MONTHS NOW AND NO REPLY ,, THEY SAID BACK IN JAN. 2019 THEIR "IT" DEPT. WAS WORKING ON IT , JUST CHECKED NOW (3/11/19) AND STILL NO ACCOUNT , I'VE BEEN USING THIS FOR PAST 12 YEARS (HAD A BUNCH OF REWARDS ACCUMULATED) HMMMMMM ! (also my credit card info was attached to that missing account !!!! ) ANY REPLY GOLF NOW ????? TOM M.

kieranc33
3/5/19

trust the reviews you are reading here,and stay away from golfnow,money hungry operation. i have been a VIP member for 2 years,and recently canceled a reservation in naples with a total $226,turns out they dont credit your card back,but credit your account,this is where they are thieves,you have 90 days to use the credit,but it can only be used on hot deals nothing else. trust these reviews. i have told them i want my memebership cancelled.

richardr512
2/21/19

Booked a tee time 6 days out
Cancelled 2 days before date. Every course in the area closed due to weather.
Phone number supposed to be available 8a-8p est. Recording says closed.
Will never use them again, many golf buddies here and part of the USGA Amateur league in Alabama.

brentd60
2/21/19

Bunch of crooks at Golf Now. They wouldn't allow cancellation immediately upon booking, even a day before the round. This company does not care about its customers. Does not care about its reputation. Even the course I booked it at felt like golf now is unfair in its cancellation process. What a joke. Pay an extra fee bucks and book directly with the golf course...it will save you headache down the road.

johnp1353
2/18/19

I cancelled a golf tee time 36 hours in advance. I recieved via email a confirmation. I still was charged even though I recieved a cancellation notice. I spoke with the Golf Course whom said the cancellation was processed and had not problem. Golf Now keeps the money screwing the customer. Go to Instagram for a new site, Goffnowstinks to post your story. This company does not deserve my business.

dt134
2/16/19

Terribly deceptive refund policy with a paid $ 199.00 /year golf pass+. Do not expect refund you will not get it. Will never trust golf now again. Deceptive cancellation policy.

md265
2/8/19

I have used GolfNow for at least 15 years, but everything about this "service" has gone downhill since the ownership changed to The Golf Channel. Now they rip you off for nearly $200 just to get a "VIP" membership - that gets you what you used to get FOR FREE! Their rewards program has become a total joke! Good luck trying to actually use their "rewards". Most are only valid weekdays after noon! While I used to recommend this web site service to everyone, now I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. Use GolfNow to find a tee time then call the course or use the web sit of the course. You will usually get the same rate - or sometimes even lower. Without the additional fees. Another good idea and service that has become a complete rip-off!

suzanneh122
1/5/19

I have to leave a star - no option for no star
Made a tee time on a clubs web site (rio Pinar) - no logging into golf now and no real teansparency in the experience. Called to cancel more than 24 hours out and called number on email that I received - sent me right to golf course pro shop - cancelled and then employee told me I must cancel with golf now to get my refund ... wait... what? Number not even on supplied email - finally- after multiple attempts and promises to be called back in a que' - golf now tells me that that tee time is not refundable and it was in the terms - crazy scheme going ... be transparent and avoid all these hoops also I blame golf course as they need to know when customer is calling them to cancel that their number is being provided and they are giving inaccurate info. Golf may be taking a turn for the worse - who has time to jump through all these hoops. Check yelp and other reciew areas other than the golf now powered reviews. They will tell you the truth. This is a money scheme helping no one - all will loose on the end.

michaelh1241
12/24/18

Without question GolfNow, particularly their VIP Program is a Scam. I bought the VIP Package and it has never worked! Countless calls to them have been futile! Undoubtedly the worst Customer Service in the industry. Call me at (571) 572-8196 and I'll share all the details!

I would strongly recommend never using any of their services. When I called and complained they essentially told me to Piss Off! $#*! them!

bradc138
11/19/18

i booked and paid for a tee time on nov 15 for nov 21 at the DUKE in AZ but was told on nov 18 it was no longer available . they gave me another tee time for 2 pm which meant i would get 13 holes in

dougd98
10/27/18

Do not book teetimes with GolfNow.com I booked a tee time on a Wednesday for a Saturday morning tee time. Got my confirmation that everything was booked. Our tee time was for 8:48 Saturday morning. At 8 a.m. Saturday morning I got an email and call saying our tee time had been cancelled! One of our4 some was already there. When I called to asked how this could happen, they told me they were a technology company and we dont actually talk to the course. Needless to say, that completely ruined my Saturday and three other people, barely got a sorry out of them. I will tell every golfer I know and post at my country club to not use golf now to book tee times ever.

charlesq13
9/8/18

I booked a tee time and played using the EARN20 promo code on Sep 3. The fine print states:

"Once valid purchase is made and Offer is redeemed, the purchaser will receive a code for $20 in "Hot Deals Cash" (see below) no later than September 5, 2018."

It is now September 7, 2018 and I have not yet received the $20 promo code.

My confirmation was #320368055.

When can I expect to see the $20 code?

Charles Quam

sunilp16
8/19/18

Booked a hot deal on golfnow and could not play because of weather - it was raining heavily and no one could go out to the course to play.

Waited for 30 mins and decided not to play and cancelled the tee time at the pro shop while I was there

Called golfnow for checking to make sure that I am not charged.... expla8ned to them what happened but could not get them to reverse the charge...

They told me that unless the course was closed they would not offer a refund.... irrespective of the fact one could not play at the designated time.... VERY UNFAIR - I would play if I could.... offered some promo codes which really were meaningless as I could never use these...

Not going to use them again....

toddl65
8/12/18

Paid $30 more than I would have on under par. Under par also gave you a free round to walk another 18 if you wanted.

jerryc214
8/8/18

The app glitches allot and changes dates to the current date constantly which makes navigation a pain. Make sure you verify everything before entering you credit card info because there will be no refunds from this company.

There customer service was good for me unlike most reviews here but they were unable to simply change my tee time to a different date. As stated above the app changes dates frequently even after seeing the date you are looking for. If you use their services be prepared to call your credit card company to dispute the charges.

Will never use the service again. Some flexibility on their part would probably improve the reviews they have.

mikeh666
8/2/18

Golfnow used to be a good place to get decent green fees. But they changed the site making it much more difficult to search and find particular courses. Their rewards system is a joke. You can only use the rewards by booking 3 days in advance when the prices are % 50 higher! Whoopeeee. You save nothing. Best to take your chances and book hours before the desired tee time when you can actually get good deals. Be very careful booking though to make absolutely sure of the day and time before you commit. Unlike some here I found customer service OK - got a refund when somehow I double booked - suspect I accidentally hit the book button twice. Also check the course website to see what their rates are as some have good senior rates - much lower than Golfnow quotes.

tomb564
7/24/18

Complete ripoff. Booked through the golf course website but it links with golfnow, it was raining hard an hour before tee time with rain and thunderstorms forecasted for rest of afternoon. Called to cancel but since golf course didnt officially close I was not given refund. Stay away!!

1 rating was submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Because they got too big for their britches. They think they have such a clientele that the few who will drop off are insignificant. They would not even refund my fees for an accidental booking I made for the wrong day. You are correct, I have been going thru the local websites of the courses themselves. I was a customer for 5 years with about 40 bookings per year, they took away my free fees and the bonuses. I have not booked with them in 4 months.

By Theyo E.

Golfnow sent an E-mail to me (Dec) informing me that points must be used by Dec. 31. Ok tried to find a tee time for Sat or Sun because I work M-F. Not one single location available in Tampa, Lakeland and Orlando to book. Having 6600 points that I lose, it seems more notice would have been provided to assist in using valued points (converted $88.20). Nearest course several hours away (Daytona) not happening. Contacted Golfnow and Mr.Joe Babcock of customer service, (oxymoron), had me call 800-767-3574 to get a tee time, what a joke, lady on phone was of no value and promised her supervisor would call back. Hell will freeze first, never again do business with these cons. Thanks, Douglas Roger Sundean

By Douglas S.

I access the golfnow.com web site and pay with credit card.

By Terry C.

I concur with both responses above as I have seen it done both ways. Often too if you wait too long the courses you want will not have any tee times available. I usually book a few days in advance.

By Melissa B.

Course manager must call them to give you refund. However, course must be closed!!! good luck driving to course and find out it's closed....happened and tuff luck. Also, no raincheck if started playing already. They are the worst website out there while others are accommodating.

By Fore C.

Questions? Get answers from the GolfNow staff and other customers.

3 Photos for GolfNow