Review of TaskRabbit

TaskRabbit reviews

delete@taskrabbit.com

sanjoyg3
1/17/19

Booked a task. The app says task booked, provides a date and time. You think it is confirmed.

But no! Mysteriously a day later the tasker cancels the task FOR NO REASON. Wasted 4 days just trying to book a task and not finding anyone.

Horrible horrible service. Wish i could give negative stars

mirandaj18
1/10/19

To keep it short, my tasker installed a small shelf (crooked) and took 2 hours and then "fixed" my sink's sprayer hose. The pictures tell it all.

jamesa592
1/3/19

I used to be a tasker for taskrabbit. I did a full on move for someone and they never paid me for the job and havent contacted me even after I sent them receipts and proof of hours. I put my own money out for the job and never got reimbursed. The total for the job was over 1300. I have to seek legal counsel now. Taskrabbit is a scam!

bamb3
1/2/19

As most people have said, don't pay the application fee and sign up to be a tasker. It's a scam and the fee is not refundable. They'll never respond to you and you'll never hear back from them. I haven't heard back since signing up for over a year now. I'm working with a legal team to contact other applicants to file a class action lawsuit against this company. IT'S A SCAM! They just keep the application fee.

nevera22
12/26/18

This site is full of people with zero skills who want to be paid more than experienced tradespeople. During a recent job the final bill was 300% of the estimate ending with damaged furniture, and items installed incorrectly. Never again. What a sham and a scam.

jamess308
12/18/18

Do not use! It's a scam! Look at their horrible star rating!
Taskrabbits' business model is hitting your wallet hard and fast using a well known thief called Mediocrity. All they do is save you the time to find a good cleaner. They have cheap labor come and do a half assed job while you pay them a premium price. Their customer support is useless and with their desperate first to market scale quickly model it shows they don't care at all how you feel about your experience of being ripped off.

ramonh41
12/5/18

TaskRabbit is great I just think people need to stick to the job description these guys detailed in their profiles and not Try to hire them to do jobs theyre not sent there to do.

Ive had my garage floor done, room painted and help with demolition... hire people according to their profiles, thats my advice

lizzier6
11/28/18

Appalling service. My booking was cancelled three times with no explanation. The last contractor cancelled at the last minute, after confirming with me that he was coming and I had taken the morning off work to be there for him. I have sent two complaint emails to Task Rabbit, neither of which have been responded to. I will never use them again.

nayelliv
11/19/18

Do yourself a favor and NEVER NEVER hire task rabbit. Four people, FOUR had cancel my order.

What a piece of crap

vickic89
11/18/18

Please do not allow these handymen from TaskRabbit to do anything that require a license. I had a guy from this site that did odd jobs that he did well. Then he claimed he did plumbing, and tile work. He broke two water pipes that caused my kitchen corking to collapse, tore my house up trying to fix it. I had to get him out of my home. He left and the water pipes he tried to replace were a pure reck. It cost me thousands of dollars. I need a new ceiling once I clean up which will take me months.l

jimc474
11/18/18

4 hours in, 10% completion, unskilled laborer, total failure. Avoid at all cost. My daughters loft bed wasn't assembled and now the job falls onto me who is already stretched to the max. Can't contact anyone at Task Rabbit or Ikea, don't know if we are being charged for this debacle either. Where do we go from here?

alsxs
11/10/18

Taskrabbit outsources their work to anyone including violent rude individuals. We had a person from task rabbit come to our condo and assault a resident in the lobby . IKEA was unable to assist and taskrabbit has no support. They don't answer their 800 number or emails . If you use this company you may deal with violent unprofessional "sub contractors"

to26
11/8/18

If I could give zero stars, I would. We booked a tasker to put up several large shelves. He was here for a very short amount of time but the shelves appeared to be fine, so we didn't mind. The next day I woke up to find one of the shelves on the floor, surrounded by chunks of plaster and paint. There were also several holes in our wall. The brackets had not been secured properly at all.
It's been a nightmare to deal with TR's "customer services". After several days of trying to get a response, they finally emailed back to offer us a discount on the cost of another mounting/installation task. There was no mention of fixing the damage caused. They clearly expected us to arrange it and pay for it ourselves. We rejected their voucher and demanded they pay for the repair costs but have been met with silence. Another shelf has since fallen down, causing yet more damage.
I have no faith in their complaints procedure so although we are out of pocket, it looks like we'll have to cut our losses and move on. It goes without saying that I will never use TR again and would strongly discourage anyone else from doing so. They are complete charlatans.

hakana6
11/4/18

It's been three weeks now since I've signed up for Tasker and setup my profile, of course that also includes paying 20$ upfront (they claim it's the fee for the background check). I have been emailing them regarding my status, unfortunately I have only recieved a general automated message but haven't heard from them regarding my status ever since. Fortunately I was able to get a hold of the customer service after a lengthy process (you can only contact them by phone if it's an emergency), in which the representative said to me that my issue has already been forwarded to the befitting department (at least they could have let me know this before, all those times I've been trying to enquire about my status). When I asked them if there is any way I can get in touch with that special department so I have an idea of how much longer it's gonna take and why it's taking so long, they told me no your issue is already with the internal department(all of this conversation was being done in between long hold times). So how am I supposed to know my status???. At the end I inquired if I can have my refund since I don't see any advancement in my case and it seems like nothing is being done, they said that was a non refundable fee that's used for the background check, well then how come I didn't recieve a copy of my background check since that is legally our right and I clicked on that option as I was signing up (all this being talked with holds in between). Finally I decided this is wasting too much of my time and the most feasible thing for me to do for now is to leave a review so others can be aware of this, it may not happen to you but it does happen to a lot of people. Also I am using handypro now and so far they're ok (they are also hard to get in touch with but so far I haven't had the need to contact them). I was actually surprised with their sign up process and how I was able to work right away. Although the layout of the Tasker app is much better, also I think the pay and the variety of jobs you get through Tasker is a bit more but their management, from my experience, is horrible! I hope they can fix this up.

noelleh7
11/2/18

I booked TaskRabbit to assemble some Ikea furniture, set a date and time. I corresponded with the Tasker a few times before the date. But on the day of, he didn't even bother to show up. I messaged him several times, but no response. I then tried to contact TaskRabbit for assistance, but could not get any live person to assist. I received an automated email response back advising that they would get back to me in 1-2 days. This is not acceptable. I would never use TaskRabbit ever again.

angelac277
Angela C.
10/31/18

0 stars, After waiting several hours for the taskrabbit assembler to arrive, Raad emails me and tells me it's too far (35 minutes away) and not worth his time or gas....unbelievable! If he had of told me last week maybe I could have understood but on the morning he supposed to arrive!!... I will never use this service again.

estelleg9
10/26/18

The zero stars rating would of been more appropriate, with one star being generous. The delivery model is all wrong, there are limited taskers and the ones that engage you just do it to see where, when and how and after lots of photo sending. And then they decide they can't do the task, aren't qualified with no ability to rate their poor engagement.

I have attempted to use the app/service 3 times and I am done. With no success in TaskRabbit ever delivery anything not even customer service. Takes 7-10 days to get a respond to an email. I count my blessings that I was never able to engage anyone since the expectation at this point would be for an serial killer or arsonist to show up.

EGW

toms700
10/26/18

This app is NOT user friendly. When you have an issue, your ONLY option is to e-mail them and wait a day or two for them to respond. What a waste of $20!

km365
10/25/18

It's been almost 6 months since I've paid my nonrefundable fee to become a task rabbit and still haven't become one. I've contacted them multiple times and now I'm convinced that they're a scam... don't bother wasting your money or time with them.

tommij1
10/22/18

I requested today for movers to come and move my furniture 3 bedroom house upon arriving I noticed it was a older pickup truck one skinny man.so I'm trying to figure out how would he move my items by himself and without any tools. I offered him a dolly I had in my garage he was struggling so I asked to help him he started pulling my couches on concrete with a dolly I said stop let me get a cover. Long story short after putting my couches in his truck I noticed they had been torn at the bottom from being dragged at this time i went to get someone to help the task rabbit guy when I came back he said he wasn't gonna do it took my couches off his truck and put them in my grass and left. This is first step to getting this company not only to pay for my couches but the time and money I wasted in this company.! Oh and the driver of the truck had expired registration looked in his car he had no registration straight up bum and bum ass company

emmap72
10/22/18

Quite possibly the worst customer service I've ever dealt with. Tasker completely botched the task, delivered food for a dinner party cold and over an hour late, lied and blamed the restaurant. Then charged me for the extra hour they were late! I contacted their support team and requested that extra hour be refunded, when I eventually heard back from them the guy was rude and unhelpful, and refused to refund the overcharge. I've asked to speak with a manager multiple times and now they just ignore my emails. Dont ever use this company, they're horrible.

royb148
10/21/18

ONE OF THEIR WORKERS CAME WITH HIS MOTHER TO CLEAN MY HOUSE ON AUGUST 16, 2018. ON THE 17TH I DISCOVERED THAT A PRICELESS BACCARAT CRYSTAL DECANTER WAS MISSING. SPOKE WITH TASKER AND HE ADMITTED VIA TEXT HE BROKE IT BUT DID NOT WANT TO TELL ME BECAUSE I WOULD BE UPSET. THIS TEXT CONVERSATION WAS SENT CERTIFIED TO COMPANY ALONG WITH PICTURES AND HOW MUCH IT WOULD COST TO REPLACE ITEM. THEY LOOPED HOLED THEMSELVES OUT OF THEIR RESPONSIBILITY. Don't ever use TaskRabbit or similar services that you can not reach by telephone and much worst, by email.

zhillah
10/14/18

The absolute WORSE experience!!
I hired a tasker to mover few pieces of furniture for me. Immediately he broke a very expensive piece of furniture. He said to me not to worry and that he's bonded and inssured through TaskRabbit.
Though upset......I decided I would deal with it once the task was completed. He seemed like a very nice man so I gave him a $70 tip for a approximately $450 job and gave him a nice review. Once job was completed, I opened my claim with TaskRabbit and attached photos. I had the hardest time to get a response and when they finally responded they claimed they bare no responsibility and that I had to go through my own insurance company. I disputed the charges with my CC company. The fact is.....they are the worse company to use for your everyday tasks. There are many many companies that offer same service. DO NOT USE THEM!!!!
They are a sham of a company!!!!!!
DO NOT USE TASKER TONY P.!!!!

jasoni18
10/10/18

The idea is right but the people in charge as well as the support center don't have a clue what they're doing and don't seem to care. The last straw was when they had me drive to a job that they already send two other taskers to, did not inform me and refused to pay me for my time after it was wasted on their behalf. Their ethics are garbage, don't work for them.

clarissas8
10/8/18

Just a warning that this company does absolutely no checks to assure their workmen have any qualifications to complete the tasks. If any of them happen to cause damages, the company takes almost no responsibility. They will rebate less than half the value of the work if the damages are small and none whatsoever if more than one workmen causes damages.

36 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Task Rabbit sucked then and it sucks now!!!!

Hopefully Never!

By paul b.

Terribl company. Weak customer service, have spent hours and still no resolution for a problem that is all their responsibility.

By Shami J.

No, a person has to be desperate to work for task rabbit! They could be dangerous or worse!

By paul b.

It is shady, task rabbit is very very shady!

By paul b.

Questions? Get answers from the TaskRabbit staff and other customers.

17 Photos for TaskRabbit