Review of TaskRabbit

TaskRabbit reviews

delete@taskrabbit.com

tomf343
6/6/19

I couldn't call TaskRabbit. They would only accept emails. Then they put the burden of proof on me and told me to send them photos. They do not want to talk to customers. They only want to send emails. I've been waiting over a week to get this sofa bed assembled correctly. We had to use the sofa bed, that's why we bought it to use it! Now it is really unstable because she didn't tighten the screws and the side of the sofabed is breaking away. I guess I am going to be stuck with a broken sofa and paid $120 for a job that wasn't completed.
I'll never use Task Rabbit again. And the extra hidden fee is a rip-off

anthonyf218
6/2/19

Do not hire this guy! I had to go all the way back to Ikea tonight, meet with the manager to have her rebook everything. I complained that they kept me waiting for half of the day and didn't show up. He kept stringing me along with a promise to show up but couldn't make it in the end. The manager at Ikea is doing her best to resolve the issue - and resolved it will be or they can come and pick up their $4,000 with of stuff!!

randyt94
6/1/19

Booked and paid for an appointment for 12pm, days in advance. Called and asked if they could come at 2. At 230 i called to check in and they said 630pm

Emailed Taskrabbit - no response (no phone no on website)

Googled a phone no and called and was directed back to email.

Now new Tasker will be coming 2 days later than when I booked

karaf37
5/30/19

Bought $2,500 worth of IKEA furniture for a corporate apartment with the understanding TaskRabbit would be available to assemble. IKEA Delivered on Tuesday morning, no problems. Taskrabbit scheduled for 8:00am Wednesday morning. Received alert at 9:07am that no taskers could be found, could we reschedule for Thursday morning? We confirmed that would work and they replied "Thanks, TaskRabbit updated the task time From May 29 8:00am to May 30 10:00am". Sent a message at 8:32am to ask what the names of the taskers were. Did not receive a response until 10:17 letting us know that once again, no taskers could be found. WORST COMMUNICATION and WORST SERVICE EVER!! Now have a two-bedroom apartment of boxes that need to be assembled. Should have went with Cort Furniture as originally planned.

amyk239
5/30/19

Recently got several charges from taskrabbit on my card statement for jobs/tasks I never posted I knew nothing about. I disputed these charges and the bank refunded the £££, but taskrabbit has insisted that the jobs were legit and that I supposedly authorized them, even though they were done in a different country by someone I'd never heard of. Tasker "Antony Nwosa" supposedly spent 5.5 hours assembling a wardrobe in Dartford UK, but the job was commissioned at 12:58pm and completed at 2:00pm - so could not possibly have taken 5.5 hours. But taskrabbit didn't think that's fishy at all... Couldn't be any more obviously fraudulent, total scam.

I'm sure there are some genuine people trying to earn a living through this company, but it looks like others are abusing it to steal or launder money. Buyer very much beware!

manaloat
5/28/19

After 6 months of emails saying "we have send your concerns to someone hire, they will assist you soon" when I get these emails I never get a response. And there is no customer service number that you can call to figure it out. They only have a number for clients to report damage or emgency and will redirect you to email. Crappy experience. THEY TOOK MY MONEY AND DID NOTHING.

johnl1323
5/23/19

TaskRabbit refuses to schedule us in order to put together our IKEA furniture purchase. Their message of refusal comes back to us automatically immediately each we time we try to contact them.

davidp1197
5/22/19

I bought $1,200 worth of furniture from Ikea with the recommendation that I call taskrabbit which Ikea owns an interest in to have them assemble my furniture.
I had made an appointment with somebody from taskrabbit and not only did he not show up, he never called to explain why he never showed up.
I went back to Ikea and all I got from them was some email addresses to write to their liaison at taskrabbit and have not heard back from them. When I contacted taskrabbit through their website, they have no phone number to call, all I was told was that there was nobody else available to assemble my furniture.
Stay away, not worth the trouble.

dejam2
5/20/19

As a measure to protect my safety, I do not take tasks from people who request my services if they do not have a profile picture. It is scary to be expected to accept these tasks without even knowing the bare minimum of what they look like. It seems as if they are purposely hiding their face to get away with something bad. When I accepted a task without a profile picture the client openned the door completely naked and asked if I could clean for him while naked and then blow him. I of course rejected and went home. I was so shooken up I told myself I wouldn't take another task without a profile picture ag as in. Unfortunately, many people request my services without bothering to post a profile pictures and I frequently get requests for services with no explanation of what they need done. For instance, if someone hires me for cleaning and the only thing typed under what to do is "Airbnb". I'm left wondering if they need the bathroom + living room cleaned, or living room + take out the trash with no bathroom cleaning necessary, or etc. I have reached out to TaskRabbit about enacting background checks for those that request Tasker services but have gotten no reply. It's been a month since my original email notifying them of the dangers Taskers face. They don't care. My account is not accepting requests anymore.

michaelm2272
5/20/19

Beware of this site! The do not guarantee the work of their "taskers". I had a simple fix on a kitchen cabinet. Instead of buying a new hinge the "taker" used some kind of glue, charged me $75, then the "fix" came apart after 2 weeks. I sought help from taskrabbit, perhaps sending another tasker or a credit, and all they said was "sorry, we do not guarantee the work of our "taskers" but we will be happy to give you a $10 credit towards the next task you book with us". Come on!!!! This isn't the only failed "fix" I have experienced with a "tasker". The other was to install a bolt into a beam in the ceiling so I could hang a swinging chair for the kids. When then chair was installed and the kids sat in it the whole thing pulled out of the ceiling and they crashed to the floor. Shame on me for giving this sight a second chance. Please do not waste your money with their "taskers". They are second and third rate "handy-people"

janicej88
5/19/19

Waited two hours for arrival. He was a no show. Said he would be back the today at 10. We left Long Island to meet him In Connecticut and I just received a text That he cancelled.

charw8
5/16/19

they assigned my task and then the person said they couldn't come for a week and then the next tasker said they could not complete the task and disabled email!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bopshes
5/10/19

I wanted to get a picture frame project hung. My tasker was nice and professional but charged $60/hr!! We left to go out for the night and she worked on the project- babysitter was home while she worked, but I wasn't there to supervise, I didn't think I needed to it was a straight forward job. big mistake. It took her 3 times the amount of time it should've have taken. I was absolutely shocked at the cost when I got the invoice. $450+ to hang pictures!! And on top of it TaskRabbit added some "trust" fee of $50 on top of it!! I was sick to my stomach and felt taken advantage of. I hung those pictures myself the year before but had to take them down for home repairs- so I know how long it should take. Never again am I using this service.

jum3
5/5/19

It's not a scam like so many people are saying. If a tasker really cares about their business, they will do their best to gain and keep good clients. BUT...
Someone said it in their review as a tasker and I'm going to agree.
All it takes is one bad review and they won't send new clients to you. I've been a tasker for about 6 months now. I mainly do cleaning jobs. I have some recurring clients and I never had an issue until my most recent request with a new potential client. I'm planning on leaving the platform because people don't look at taskers as professional business people. They look at them like a cheap alternative to getting someone professional. And my problem with that is, Taskrabbit doesn't seem to be doing anything to change that image of their contractors. Therefore my business will be limited.
If you're thinking about becoming a tasker, make sure that you document EVERYTHING DISCUSSED between you and the client through the chat. That is your only proof if something goes wrong with a client. If they want to talk on the phone, still confirm everything in the chat.
From my experience, usually when a client wants to discuss the job on the phone rather than chat, they are trying to manipulate the task and get extra work for little or no cost.
I canceled this task because the client would not confirm anything via chat. While talking on the phone, she asked if laundry could be added to the general cleaning and she wanted to see if I wanted to work for her off of the Taskrabbit platform in the future. She warned me that she will be reviewing me honestly and that I shouldn't take it personally... ( like I haven't even stepped foot in your house yet...) She tried to make be go over her house a few days before the scheduled appointment so that she could explain everything that I tried discussing in the chat and whatever she was keeping me on the phone about for OVER 30 minutes.
I had bad vibes about her because I felt like she's the type that would end up nitpicking at every little problem that they think was made and end up giving me a bad review. But long behold, because I canceled, Taskrabbit still allowed her to review me, of course, not much to my surprise, she gave me a bad review because I canceled on her.
I was just about to make elite on the platform, which would have been a good benefit for getting more request, but suddenly my metrics went down. I requested a dispute, but Taskrabbit declined because " clients are encouraged to leave honest reviews ", but the funny thing is in their explanation, they mentioned that they won't remove it because the negative comment was based off of the tasker and not the Taskrabbit platform... they also mentioned that the reason why my metrics went down is because I canceled and that can prevent potential clients from returning to Taskrabbit in the future. so basically they are all for themselves.
Taskers are also clients and if they lose taskers, they loose business.

jessican135
4/30/19

AVOID TASKRABBIT! Though I had a few good Taskers, most were not skilled enough to complete the task well and often cancel. In the past two days, I've had two different people cancel. One because his car was broken down and a second which I cancelled because he showed up 40 minutes late, harassed the front desk in my condo building, then harassed another resident before finally harassing me. I did not let him enter my condo and escorted him out. He was pissed off because our building requires workers to identify who they work for due to safety issues and he refused to answer because "that's not something we do in Seattle". He also showed up on a bike without pre-planning on what to do with it. And even though he showed up 40 minutes late, he still grabbed a coffee beforehand.
When I tried to call TaskRabbit headquarters because we were all so shaken up over the incident, I was only able to "chat" via text with someone, and the follow up from higher management came via email. They WILL NOT call you. To me, it feels like terrible customer service, like they give two cents about what happened to their customer and doing something to prevent this from happening to another. Instead they just told me to block him. He should be fired.
This whole thing is ridiculous and I've already deleted the app. They even offered me a code for $100 off but I won't ever be using TaskRabbit again, nor would I ever recommend it to my clients, family or friends. Find another service. TaskRabbit gives two poops about their customers.

philipa70
4/29/19

Buyer beware. IKEA's furniture assembly services offered by TaskRabbit are fraudulent. We purchased an IKEA daybed in March 2019 in New York and signed up for TaskRabbit assembly, via the IKEA website. The quoted price for the assembly was $85.50. When the assembly was completed, TaskRabbit charged us $479.69! TaskRabbit and IKEA should be ashamed of the fraudulent assembly services they offer.

joec646
4/20/19

Booked these guys through ikea. The tasker has been able to communicate with me but I can't with him. To make matters worse I can't even log into the so called account I have with them.

dfad
4/18/19

Taskrabbit relies on two systems - one set called business metrics, which is how often you respond/accept/show up and complete tasks. Another set is "customer reviews" where customers can give you thumbs up or down and write a paragraph about their experience.

All it takes is one bad review, left by an unreasonable customer, to permanently damage the customer review of you. TaskRabbit thinks "a difference in opinion is not grounds for removing bad reviews", even when the client is rude and unreasonable.
Every contractor runs into these customer. you know that one unreasonable client who tasks you to assemble one piece of furniture, but when you get there they want to assemble 3 for the price of 1? I ran into one of these. The client left a bad review when I refused to be paid for 1 job when I'm doing 3. And taskrabbit wouldn't do anything to remove the tasks as it's "matters of opinion, our clients are entitled to their opinions." which leaves a huge dent on my ratings that drastically reduced my earning by more than 50%! All it takes is one delusional and self centred client and your business goes down the drain.

The other thing is, if you do this full time like I do, you have to constantly answer and respond to tasks. On a typical workday I'm out from 8 am to about 8 pm. 12 hours of my day where I'm occupied by work, drive a work vehicle, dressed in work clothing and can't do much with the downtime in between. The jobs on the platform are small and don't tend to let you use the client's microwave for your own food. Sometimes on a busy day I would drive to 4 different places to do 1-2 hours at each place. On average, for the 12 hours I spent out of my day to focus on working for TaskRabbit, only half of them, around 6 hours, is actually billable.

Taskrabbit does not want you to be late for jobs and want you to build time buffers in between. Which is fine. But realistic jobs are not math equations. Each house and each client is different so there's no way to time things accurately every time. But when you are late even for legitimate reasons, such as going to a 2 person job to have the other guy not show up, and you end up doing the 2 man job on your own, the bad review and metrics from the client are still permanent and would greatly harm your business.

So you when you factor in all the driving, wear and tear cost to replace tire/brakes/earlier oil changes on the car, depreciation from all the miles you rack up, fuel costs, and lunch cost, you are not making much more than minimum wage, and spend a lot more time doing it. At least minimum wage jobs only require 8 hours of your day. TaskRabbit requires at least 10 hours you take out of your day to schedule enough tasks to break even with your costs.

Taskrabbit charges 30% on top of your rate to clients, which is a contributing reason why client feel they should get more than what you are doing. This is simply too much to take from each and every job.

enidk
4/17/19

After spending two hours chatting back and forth with a "tasker", the guy had the nerve to cancel the order. You can't text or email. You have to u se their narrow notification bar on their website. It was driving me crazy. I called Ikea to tell them what happened, and they were horrified. They recommended 123move, and I have the assembly appointment all set now. It was a pleasure speaking to someone on the old fashioned telephone.

roses205
3/31/19

I also signed up to be a tasker, went through the video training and attempted to download the task rabbit app for taskers. I was unable to open on several different occasions and did not get any response from tech support. Unfortunately the $20 application fee is not refundable and it seems that Task Rabbit is ripping off many people. They should be reported to Better Business Bureau.

stacyj56
3/30/19

Ikea Buyers BEWARE - DO NOT under any circumstances use Task Rabbit to assemble your furniture! Ikea passes these people of to be licensed contractors who can assemble your Ikea furniture for cheaper than their delivery company XPO. DONT FALL FOR IT!! Pay the extra money and use XPO at least if they do something wrong you can get help and get it fixed by Ikea. Once you book with Task Rabbit, Ikea is no longer involved so if you have any problems with the services you receive you are out of luck. Task Rabbit raised the flat rate price Ikea quoted me from $323 TO $568 and told me that Ikea made a mistake on their end quoting the price. The Task Rabbit installers came out to my house and installed my $3000 Pax Ikea Closet Wardrobes incorrectly. I tried several times to contact Task Rabbit to explain what happened only to receive several auto response emails telling me to review their Happiness Pledge and fill out a resolution form and in 10 -14 days someone would content me. I tried reaching out to the installers who did the installation and was told I have to go back through taskrabbit. Needless to say 1 week has gone by and the closet is unusable and I have heard nothing from Task Rabbit thus far. They will TAKE your money even if the service were done incorrectly. Do your self a favor and hire a licensed contractor or an experienced handyman on your own and STAY AWAY from Task Rabbit!! You Will Regret It!!!

ravena6
3/27/19

$20 registration fee and they say my application is on hold (for months now) because they are having trouble confirming my identity. I work in liquor sales and have worked every summer at a children's camp. Background checks are not a problem...

They have stopped responding to my emails asking for update. This is absolutely a scam. I know its only $20, but this needs to be looked into!

bec2
3/27/19

Signed up because someone I spoke with said he was able to find work, set his own price (eventually). It's been 2 weeks and I still get messages saying my bg check is still being processed. The app has since stop working, closing everytime I try to open it or update it.
I was skeptical initially, and wish I HAD NOT given them my personal info, money and bank account info!

If you have to pay upfront to register for work Beware!!!!

josiet8
3/22/19

I signed up to be a Tasker in early March, paid my $20, and was told I'd hear back within 3 business days. It's now been 12 business days and I've inquired by email twice, each time I receive an automatic response saying they can't give me a timeline or provide any information on the status of my application. I cannot get ahold of an actual person, their "help" page is less than helpful, directing you to a generic web form only to receive a generic reply telling you to inquire yet again with the generic web form for help. I did agree to pay the $20 knowing it was non-refundable, so I will not be requesting it back, but I am extremely disappointed in what I thought was going to be a fun opportunity to help people and make money around my community.

richardb954
3/20/19

An absolute fraudulent sham company. They are very quick to charge you $25 upfront, they leave you in limbo for weeks, and can deny your application to be a tasker without refund. Basically, they are stealing from people who apply to be taskers.

36 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Task Rabbit sucked then and it sucks now!!!!

Hopefully Never!

By paul b.

Mine responded and loved to chat. At the end, he cancelled the appointment. What a waste of time. Very disappointing.

By Enid K.

Terribl company. Weak customer service, have spent hours and still no resolution for a problem that is all their responsibility.

By Shami J.

No, a person has to be desperate to work for task rabbit! They could be dangerous or worse!

By paul b.

It is shady, task rabbit is very very shady!

By paul b.

Questions? Get answers from the TaskRabbit staff and other customers.

TaskRabbit?