Review of TaskRabbit

TaskRabbit reviews

delete@taskrabbit.com

anthonys512
3/13/19

They use kids who dont no crap and do half ass jobs. I highly recommend ppl use experienced professionals. They also over charge once the job is done and since they have access to ur credit card there is nothing else you can do but go to court... I will never recommend them to anyone.....

lisap499
3/12/19

Just a word of caution. The assemblers were good. However if a bill is submitted by the assembler without your approval Task Rabbit will debit your account. They are slow to non responsive in refunding your monies. There is no customer support. Sending an email for help was not good. Credit card refunded my overcharge

jamesb1476
3/9/19

I have twice attempted to complete the process to become a Tasker. Neither succeeded and no final communication was ever received from the Tasker. Responding to their emails is a no go as there is no human to speak/communicate with. However, they are quick to
to take your registration fee. This is a very poorly managed company IMHO.

kathrines7
2/27/19

Taskers don't know what they are doing most of the time, ripping customers off and taking hours and hours to do a job just for the $20 an hour mentality(which in tern is very low to work with on this app taking into account the number of available jobs and how some people take 8+ hours). I don't recommend for anyone to work for or with TaskRabbit, especially for IKEA furniture. You are left with a damaged product after someone's side hussle on the weekend when skilled workers from IKEA were put off from work. I think the app had good intentions at the beginning but so far now have ruined customer's experience at this store(at least in my city not talking about all). Only select from this app if you really can't use a screwdriver, but be aware of fake reviews, way too cheap jobs. Have a nice day.

montej11
2/24/19

Tasker was suppose to install 3 curtains, and install a flat screen TV .
Tasker put multiple holes in my wall didn't have tools not even a screwdriver had to run home. Broke a plastic storage box, bent the curtain rod only to install 1 curtain and charger me for 3 hrs.
Are you kidding me

yasminr4
2/17/19

I have probably spent £1000 for paying for a three pieces of furniture to be set up and a mirror to be mounted. Both taskers charged me four of five hundred pounds over the original exorbitant original quotes. This app is a dangerous scam that gives right to overpaid taskers who botch jobs and charge excessive fees.

simona50
2/11/19

Dont understand I sign up from a last month as tasker haven't heard from them since ..I went to their location in San Francisco getting a run around

michaelb1666
1/27/19

Signed up 3 weeks ago to be a Tasker. Responded 2 weeks ago and asked me to Verify which I did right away. Now nothing. 3 emails and 4 chats unresponded. Two phone calls on hold for 20 minutes before being disconnected because they're 'too busy to take the call'. Brutal.

UPDATE..... Quick update... They approved my account the day after I started complaining on social media. Since then, I've been busy as a Tasker and have been happy with their responses to any callenges I've had.

sanjoyg3
1/17/19

Booked a task. The app says task booked, provides a date and time. You think it is confirmed.

But no! Mysteriously a day later the tasker cancels the task FOR NO REASON. Wasted 4 days just trying to book a task and not finding anyone.

Horrible horrible service. Wish i could give negative stars

mirandaj18
1/10/19

To keep it short, my tasker installed a small shelf (crooked) and took 2 hours and then "fixed" my sink's sprayer hose. The pictures tell it all.

jamesa592
1/3/19

I used to be a tasker for taskrabbit. I did a full on move for someone and they never paid me for the job and havent contacted me even after I sent them receipts and proof of hours. I put my own money out for the job and never got reimbursed. The total for the job was over 1300. I have to seek legal counsel now. Taskrabbit is a scam!

bamb3
1/2/19

As most people have said, don't pay the application fee and sign up to be a tasker. It's a scam and the fee is not refundable. They'll never respond to you and you'll never hear back from them. I haven't heard back since signing up for over a year now. I'm working with a legal team to contact other applicants to file a class action lawsuit against this company. IT'S A SCAM! They just keep the application fee.

nevera22
12/26/18

This site is full of people with zero skills who want to be paid more than experienced tradespeople. During a recent job the final bill was 300% of the estimate ending with damaged furniture, and items installed incorrectly. Never again. What a sham and a scam.

jamess308
12/18/18

Do not use! It's a scam! Look at their horrible star rating!
Taskrabbits' business model is hitting your wallet hard and fast using a well known thief called Mediocrity. All they do is save you the time to find a good cleaner. They have cheap labor come and do a half assed job while you pay them a premium price. Their customer support is useless and with their desperate first to market scale quickly model it shows they don't care at all how you feel about your experience of being ripped off.

ramonh41
12/5/18

TaskRabbit is great I just think people need to stick to the job description these guys detailed in their profiles and not Try to hire them to do jobs theyre not sent there to do.

Ive had my garage floor done, room painted and help with demolition... hire people according to their profiles, thats my advice

lizzier6
11/28/18

Appalling service. My booking was cancelled three times with no explanation. The last contractor cancelled at the last minute, after confirming with me that he was coming and I had taken the morning off work to be there for him. I have sent two complaint emails to Task Rabbit, neither of which have been responded to. I will never use them again.

nayelliv
11/19/18

Do yourself a favor and NEVER NEVER hire task rabbit. Four people, FOUR had cancel my order.

What a piece of crap

vickic89
11/18/18

Please do not allow these handymen from TaskRabbit to do anything that require a license. I had a guy from this site that did odd jobs that he did well. Then he claimed he did plumbing, and tile work. He broke two water pipes that caused my kitchen corking to collapse, tore my house up trying to fix it. I had to get him out of my home. He left and the water pipes he tried to replace were a pure reck. It cost me thousands of dollars. I need a new ceiling once I clean up which will take me months.l

jimc474
11/18/18

4 hours in, 10% completion, unskilled laborer, total failure. Avoid at all cost. My daughters loft bed wasn't assembled and now the job falls onto me who is already stretched to the max. Can't contact anyone at Task Rabbit or Ikea, don't know if we are being charged for this debacle either. Where do we go from here?

alsxs
11/10/18

Taskrabbit outsources their work to anyone including violent rude individuals. We had a person from task rabbit come to our condo and assault a resident in the lobby . IKEA was unable to assist and taskrabbit has no support. They don't answer their 800 number or emails . If you use this company you may deal with violent unprofessional "sub contractors"

to26
11/8/18

If I could give zero stars, I would. We booked a tasker to put up several large shelves. He was here for a very short amount of time but the shelves appeared to be fine, so we didn't mind. The next day I woke up to find one of the shelves on the floor, surrounded by chunks of plaster and paint. There were also several holes in our wall. The brackets had not been secured properly at all.
It's been a nightmare to deal with TR's "customer services". After several days of trying to get a response, they finally emailed back to offer us a discount on the cost of another mounting/installation task. There was no mention of fixing the damage caused. They clearly expected us to arrange it and pay for it ourselves. We rejected their voucher and demanded they pay for the repair costs but have been met with silence. Another shelf has since fallen down, causing yet more damage.
I have no faith in their complaints procedure so although we are out of pocket, it looks like we'll have to cut our losses and move on. It goes without saying that I will never use TR again and would strongly discourage anyone else from doing so. They are complete charlatans.

hakana6
11/4/18

It's been three weeks now since I've signed up for Tasker and setup my profile, of course that also includes paying 20$ upfront (they claim it's the fee for the background check). I have been emailing them regarding my status, unfortunately I have only recieved a general automated message but haven't heard from them regarding my status ever since. Fortunately I was able to get a hold of the customer service after a lengthy process (you can only contact them by phone if it's an emergency), in which the representative said to me that my issue has already been forwarded to the befitting department (at least they could have let me know this before, all those times I've been trying to enquire about my status). When I asked them if there is any way I can get in touch with that special department so I have an idea of how much longer it's gonna take and why it's taking so long, they told me no your issue is already with the internal department(all of this conversation was being done in between long hold times). So how am I supposed to know my status???. At the end I inquired if I can have my refund since I don't see any advancement in my case and it seems like nothing is being done, they said that was a non refundable fee that's used for the background check, well then how come I didn't recieve a copy of my background check since that is legally our right and I clicked on that option as I was signing up (all this being talked with holds in between). Finally I decided this is wasting too much of my time and the most feasible thing for me to do for now is to leave a review so others can be aware of this, it may not happen to you but it does happen to a lot of people. Also I am using handypro now and so far they're ok (they are also hard to get in touch with but so far I haven't had the need to contact them). I was actually surprised with their sign up process and how I was able to work right away. Although the layout of the Tasker app is much better, also I think the pay and the variety of jobs you get through Tasker is a bit more but their management, from my experience, is horrible! I hope they can fix this up.

noelleh7
11/2/18

I booked TaskRabbit to assemble some Ikea furniture, set a date and time. I corresponded with the Tasker a few times before the date. But on the day of, he didn't even bother to show up. I messaged him several times, but no response. I then tried to contact TaskRabbit for assistance, but could not get any live person to assist. I received an automated email response back advising that they would get back to me in 1-2 days. This is not acceptable. I would never use TaskRabbit ever again.

angelac277
Angela C.
10/31/18

0 stars, After waiting several hours for the taskrabbit assembler to arrive, Raad emails me and tells me it's too far (35 minutes away) and not worth his time or gas....unbelievable! If he had of told me last week maybe I could have understood but on the morning he supposed to arrive!!... I will never use this service again.

estelleg9
10/26/18

The zero stars rating would of been more appropriate, with one star being generous. The delivery model is all wrong, there are limited taskers and the ones that engage you just do it to see where, when and how and after lots of photo sending. And then they decide they can't do the task, aren't qualified with no ability to rate their poor engagement.

I have attempted to use the app/service 3 times and I am done. With no success in TaskRabbit ever delivery anything not even customer service. Takes 7-10 days to get a respond to an email. I count my blessings that I was never able to engage anyone since the expectation at this point would be for an serial killer or arsonist to show up.

EGW

36 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Task Rabbit sucked then and it sucks now!!!!

Hopefully Never!

By paul b.

Terribl company. Weak customer service, have spent hours and still no resolution for a problem that is all their responsibility.

By Shami J.

No, a person has to be desperate to work for task rabbit! They could be dangerous or worse!

By paul b.

It is shady, task rabbit is very very shady!

By paul b.

Questions? Get answers from the TaskRabbit staff and other customers.

18 Photos for TaskRabbit