Review of tarte

Tel: 1-855-968-2783
info@tartecosmetics.com

le116
1/18/19

I ordered 2 items from them 3.5 weeks ago. My package arrived over a week late and one of the items was missing. When I contacted Tarte they did not offer to replace it for me right away, I kept having to ask. They acted like they did not care at all. When they finally agreed to send me the item I had already paid for they told me it would not be shipped for at least 6 more days. So by time I get this item (if I get it!) I will have waited at least a month and a half. Do yourself a favour and stick to buying their products from Sephora if you are going to buy them at all.

kellym472
1/7/19

I have extremely dry skin, looking for a new foundation and found Tarte Hydrating Foundation well I am hooked! My skin does not feel dry at all while I have it on, this is a first for me. Took several applications to apply correctly but it was worth the time!

sarahannet
12/11/18

Ordered on 11-27-18, it is now 12-11-18. I still don't have my order. It may arrive today but, who knows? I never ordered anything that has taken this long. It took over a week to just process. Next time I'll skip the sale and just go the 30 miles to Ulta and pay full price.

reneec169
12/8/18

Billing phone replace by PayPal country code (space) number is invalid to check out
Unable to edit to match their format without space. So fed up and gave up buying anything

miyob
12/7/18

Got the package in 3 days from a weekend order. The packaging is tight and very good. All products arrived in good condition sealed safely. I like everything I bought a Lipstick, Primer, Setting Spray, foundation and a concealer. The lipstick is just what I am looking for, the color is lovely and great for everyday use. Foundation is also great and it blends on your skin color.

agnieszkaa2
11/28/18

I placed my order on 3 November waited a month. After this I contacted the company to find out where my order is and have been given a tracking number which did not work. DHL said on 28 Nov that the order has not even been processed yet. Tarte said I need to chase the order as they cannot do that even if they are the one who placed the order. What a joke. I wonder if I ever get my money back?

louisew83
11/26/18

I am beyond dissapointed with the service received by Tarte.
When I placed my order my phone had autofilled the system and typed in my shipping address as my previous one.
I didn't realise until I'd placed the order, and attempted to start getting in touch with them the day after.

First contact, Live Chat:
I was initially told there was nothing they could do- but to reach out to DHL. DHL told me they hadn't received the order yet and could not help.

Second contact, Live Chat:
Reached back out to Tarte, was told it could be updated and that they had done it. Asked for a confirmation email of the change, they said sure.
Confirmation never arrived.

Third contact, Calling (UK to US phonenumber):
Contacted again to ask for confirmation of change. Turns out it had not been done. Agent made change for me and sent confirmation email.

A week goes by, I'm happy just waiting for my order.
Get a email confirming it's been shipped- check the email, wrong address still listed.

Fourth contact, Calling (still international):
Called in slightly annoyed. They re-assured me it had been changed, but as it's an internal system it just doesn't always update the email. I say ok cool and asked for my shipping info.
Was provided this and felt ok.

TEXT MESSAGE ARRIVES: Your order has been delivered.
No order. Nothing at my house or my neighbour or a note.
Check my tracking info: DELIVERED TO MY OLD ADDRESS.

Fifth contact, Call:
Explain the issue. That I'm annoyed and need to speak to someone who is able to help. Ideally a supervisor of some kind.
Agent did apologise and re-assured me she'd get someone.

Spoke to Supervisor who did not once offer an apology or even any smallest gesture of empathy. Basically told me, it has been updated in their internal system so must have been a mixup in the warehouse.

Explained to me that I really don't need to know what happens internally for them, what I want to know is what happens now. I've spent money and have nothing.

Eventually was offered a refund. Still no apology or ownership of any kind. Had to ask for a confirmation email, which arrivied with one sentance, a gramatical error, and overall no professional look (also of course no apology).

I love Tarte's products and will happily purchase them in store, but will never ever order from them online again and strongly encourage you to stay away from the website.

kathrynt48
11/25/18

Great customer service. I let tarte customer service know what happen and they replaced my missing item right away and they even gave me more samples and a finishing spray for my inconvenience.

suhaa4
11/19/18

Guys be carful they stole my money , I ordered from them online unfortunately , they didn't my money from my account and sent me a confirmation email for my order then one hr later they send me email said they cancelled my order .
But the money got deducted already and didn't refund it , i'v Been contacting them so many times through emails , calls , sometimes they reply sometimes they ignore, till now didn't get my money back and they stopped answering my emails , it's 500$
When I started reading reviews I saw so many comments of people having same problem that they took there money and never get it back
I'm so upset I even wrote them a comment and sent them to there instagram but they didn't answer what kind of company is this , it's been more than 15 days now and still didn't get my money back and I don't think I will , the problem that i'm Not in USA and can't reach to there office

samj181
11/16/18

Ordered the custom beauty kit,It just arrived now with the foundation missing and no order Invoice.The main reason I ordered the kit was to try the foundation and It's the one thing that doesn't come.Didn't record the opening of the package either so now I feel like I have no ground to complain/way to prove It.
Tracking of the parcel Is also very Inaccurate - according to the website the package Is still currently In U.S and didn't update throughout Its journey...said package has actually been sat In my bedroom In England for the past couple of hours...
First and last order from Tarte.

victoriat91
11/12/18

On 11/7 I took advantage of the $62 kit. My card was declined the first time and then it took it the second time and charged my card. The screen said it went through. A few days later I noticed I never got a confirmation email. My friends did (I was the one to tell them about the sale). I emailed their customer service they basically told me too bad there was a system error you will not be getting your product. What? I went back and forth with them and they still gave the same answer. I called them today and they said the same thing. Sent me a "promotional code" for the trouble. Only 20% off. What a joke. I should be getting a credit to make up for the difference since those items are full price now.

I come from customer service at a well known company and the way I was treated was horrible. They basically told me sucks to suck that OUR SYSTEM charged your card. We will not send you the product you ordered. It's too bad. I really like their makeup but will not support it any longer. What a joke. Do yourself a favor and don't shop here.

krystalynns
11/2/18

TARTE IS A SCAM. AS SOON AS I REACHED "soulmate" STATUS SOMEHOW MAGICALLY MY CARD ON FILE WAS INCORRECT AND NOW I CAN NO LONGER CHECKOUT. THEY TOLD ME IT WAS MY BILLING INFORMATION OR MY WEB BROWSER. I USED 3 WEBBROWSERS SAFARI, CHROME AND FIREFOX. THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE PROCEEDS TO BLAME ME FOR NOT BEING ABLE YO CHECKOUT. THEN THEY GAVE ME A $50 GIFT CARD WHICH I STILL CANNOT CHECKOUT WITH. THEY SAID THEY CAN MAKE ME A NEW ACCOUNT BUT APPARENTLY "CANNOT REPLACE MY SOULMATE STATUS" THEY ARE A SCAM AND CRAP FOR CUSTOMER SERVICE. sucks because their products were decent. DONT SHOP HERE.

tartei
10/30/18

Don't order if you're not in the contiguous US! I live in HI and selected standard shipping at checkout. Their "standard" shipping method is Smartpost and it's expected to arrive 1 month away! Contacted them and all they did was re-give the same tracking number that I already have from the "item shipped" email and told me "you should be receiving your items soon." Why is standard shipping $6 for the slowest possible delivery method?!?! Said once it leaves their warehouse it is beyond their control. That's not my issue. My issue is that no where in their FAQ or selecting shipping options does it say they will ship via Smartpost! If you spend $6 for "standard shipping" why would you actually make customers pay $6 to receive their items one month later. Absolutely ridiculous.

kathrynw34
10/22/18

I ordered the birthday surprise set and after two weeks of waiting called Tarte. I had an expected date and then the following day it said no scheduled delivery. After calling and live texting I got three different reasons why I never got my order. FEDEX tracking said it was damaged in some other state, the person on the phone said it was FEDEX that cancelled it because my shipping and billing address were different. Then I said this is because of FEDEX and then changed it and said it was Tarte and that the addresses have to be the same. I asked why is there an option to put in a different address and not state this? Then on the live text convo tell me the reason because I have been given multiple. They said it was delivered and I was not there. I said FEDEX said it was damaged in another state and never made it to mine. Nothing adds up and I was told I can have a refund. How is that going out of your way for your mistake? I had to call to fix it and was told the wrong amount twice after telling them what was taken out of my account. All they had to say is sorry.

emeraldr3
10/20/18

I keep getting emails offering me 15% off a specific product. Each attempt to use it says in my cart that specific item is excluded from coupons. I have talked to Customerservice twice. Once I was told they would get back to me by email soon. The second time no response at all. In the meantime I have received two more emails with codes off for the specific product I have already had trouble with that once again don't work. There's lots of other products out there sold by companies that actually care about the customer. I don't need Tarte.

tamic28
10/9/18

I got suckered by getting the birthday surprise deal of full sized items. Well I thought they would be smart enough not to send anything with color maybe some moisturizer and brushes but I got full sized color items. Let me say that my tone is pretty pale, why would I wear pale lipstick with PURPLE lip liner? They didn't even have the decency to match the lipstick to the lip liner. Ugh same for the eye shadow. And the kicker is you can't return it! I just wasted 35$ on crap I can't use! Bad marketing!

carlyi1
9/24/18

I just received my order today! Very satisfied with my purchase... just one thing... my makeup bag came in with the Tarte label upside down and crooked! I made a call and it took 5 min to get a brand new one shipped to me! Very pleased with Tarte! Definitely sticking with this company!

clarar37
9/4/18

We all gasped and threw tarte out of makeup bags when the shape tape came out. The formual isnt good at all and there are not alot of color options since they have not expanded. The concealer is cakey and thin and does not cover up anything that i want to at least hide either

terryleem
9/3/18

I bought the rouge twice and both times the lid has snapped off the container after just a few uses. I contacted Tarte and they didn't seem to care at all. It is hard to keep the product clean when the lid falls off. For the price they charge they can do much better.

tylerc119
8/31/18

I have DREAMED of trying your products, but never had the chance or time to, I would love to try some in the future

arianam20
8/31/18

The liquid lipsticks from tarte are the absolute best. The are easy to apply, long lasting, look great, feel great and are totally worth the price in my opinion. I recommend trying at least one of their lipsticks seeing as it's one of the bests

nadias37
8/13/18

I had the worst experience with Tarte during the last two weeks. I have been their client for many years. However, my recent experience with them was absolutely horrible. The first order was lost by FedEx. The replacement order was not delivered (twice) as I wasn't at home. I tried to track the first and the replacement order many times. FedEx would tell me the order is at a location X. I went there twice - the product wasn't there and they couldn't locate it. I was very tired of 'chasing this order' for 2 weeks as if there is nothing more important in my life than Tarte eye shadows. Tarte refused to replace the order and ship it to my office as it was lost twice before. Tarte did refund, however, I will never buy their products again. I have never experienced anything similar with other brands that ship via USPS or even FedEx. I have been a fan of their products for a long time, but nowadays the competition is very strong and no company can afford to treat their clients like this.

angelad196
8/13/18

Placed an order about a month ago (thankfully the value wasn't significant, only 30 EUR) and what happened was the following: filled out all fields regarding shipping, etc. input my debit card details for payment, clicked complete/place order and I got a message along the lines of: your cart was empty. However, I checked my bank account that same moment and noticed that they had taken the money from my bank account. No order was registered on my account, didn't receive a confirmation email. Nothing! I contacted their customer service through online chat and email and they told me that I will receive my refund within 5-7 business days. I STILL HAVE NOT. I asked them why they were taking so long and they told me to check with my bank because they were probably taking too long to process it. There is nothing to process meaning that a refund was never made. I don't think I'm getting anything back from them. They don't even deserve 1 star... It was going to be my first time trying out their products... No, thanks. I will never order anything again.

lesleym54
8/10/18

I have a good collection of Tarte products and so far I would recommend them all.
I've had a damaged item and they sent a refund when I sent photo evidence.
The delivery time is quite long as the are based in the US.
The main problem I have is the misleading information in the loyalty program.
It seems that we pay for otherwise free items due to customs rules. The deluxe samples are not always available. The website is prone to crashes when your ready to checkout the basket is gone. Then appears 5 days later.

audreyp47
8/10/18

Tarte is my favorite brand!! There shopping takes a couple days but otherwise I love love love them!! There products are all so good and smell amazing. It's all cruelty free and doesn't have all the bad chemicals in it!! I would recommend this to everyone!! There skincare is also sooo amazing!!

I just had this problem and I am currently speaking with a Tarte Customer Service Manager. They will claim that they didn't charge the card and they'll send you an email confirming that. What you can do is file a dispute case with your bank. It will take 30-90 days. Tarte is a horrible horrible company.

By Valerie U.

Questions? Get answers from the tarte staff and other customers.

1 Photo for tarte