Tangerine.ca

Tangerine.ca has a consumer rating of 2.4 stars from 5 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Tangerine.ca also ranks 77th among Personal Finance sites. The most common issues with Tangerine.ca are around customer service, which is not as good as expected by some customers.

How would you rate Tangerine.ca?

“Great new bank giving money for new accounts.”

Best B.
11/26/15

I have had nothing but great experience with Tangerine banking. I have never got charged a fee for anything! They have all the options needed to set every kind of transaction email money, transfer bill payment, paypal etc. etc. and most ( not money orders) are freeeee! So sign up and tell them I sent you for an extra bonus 25$ for you and 50$ for me! UNitl Dec 31 "Give this code to family when they sign up for Tangerine Banking with Referral code 43053775S1 and get an extra 25$ when you open a savings account with a 100$ balance!"

“What Tangerine cannot do”

Robert L.
2/23/20

My Wife and I are new account holders. I now regret all the work I had to do to setup the accounts. Here are my grievances. 1. Cannot open a Joint Chequing account without both parties having their own account and debit card first. So we did this. 2. Cannot link the other joint account holder's debit card to the Joint account. Accounts can only have 1 debit card. 3. Cannot transfer money directly to my daughters account. For years I have been sending her a weekly allowance automatically from another bank. I can only email an Interact transfer manually. Not doing that 52 times a year. Everything above is support by our TD accounts.

nazq
May 10th, 2019
Tangerine suspended my account with NO notice simply because my debit card was from a few years prior. I had withdrawn money the night before and after several attempts to do so the next day, I could not access my account and was advised that they had to send out a new card. I will not have access to my funds for a few business days as I asked them to expedite the new card. But this is absolutely ridiculous as I have never had a bank suspend my account as a result of a debit card needing to be replaced. Will be closing my account after I get the new card and have access to my funds.
natalieg76
June 20th, 2018
The service is not good, I joined ING Direct when they first started and the service was great. The 1st thing Scotia bank did was drop the interest rates, and now the new online banking is so slow,no comparison, very poor service
scammym
November 26th, 2015
chrisd429
June 8th, 2018
Terrible customer service! They hold your money without reason!
Consider another bank!
They have blocked my account without acceptable reasons.
They put me 35 min on hold to discover the mistake was on their side. Their only excuse: a computer problem....35 min wait tells with what priority this bank is willing to solve their client problem. I have an excellent credit score, with more than 1/2 million dollar with them, I never complain, but for me this is to much, they have gone too far...!
My wife was stuck all that time at a cash dispenser with our little children, waiting desesperately that the problem be resolved.

You dont want bad experiences of that kind: run away and find yourself another bank...
robertl1295
February 23rd, 2020

Everything above is support by our TD accounts.

Questions? Get answers from the Tangerine.ca staff and other customers.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tangerine.ca?

Have a question about Tangerine.ca?