This website seems to be closed. Find similar businesses

SupportBuddy

SupportBuddy has a consumer rating of 2.55 stars from 144 reviews indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Consumers complaining about SupportBuddy most frequently mention credit card, phone number and customer service problems. SupportBuddy ranks 86th among Computer Repair sites.

• SupportBuddy is a great firm to avail third party tech support services.

• I stupidly allowed remote access to my computer and, of course, he found a lot of problems with my computer.
  • The phone number is 855-866-8775, 855-976-5379, 855-466-7467, and 877-968-6391 be aware !!!!
How would you rate SupportBuddy?

“Seems to be... Good”

adam g.
2/3/17

My computer has become absolutely slow and its buffering was driving me nuts. When contacted Supportbuddy, the representative was very friendly while instructing me the correction process and he was a true literate in technical field. The system began working as it was before and he gave me suggestions for future usage as well. Thanks and Kudos team Supportbuddy!

“Steer clear!”

Phillip S.
9/4/19

After a few years of mediocre service, they are no longer available at their previous phone numbers. They are probably not responsible for the numerous scams generated in their name, but it's best to take your computer to a trusted local source. I have a paid-for account which has apparently gone up in smoke! As a general rule-of-thumb, NEVER respond to a phone call from ANY proported computer maintenance company! Call them, not the converse.

computer (69) phone number (12) credit card company (6) microsoft (24) credit cards (5) refund (22) screen (14) problem (29) customer service (6) tech support services (4) bank account (4) money (29)
phillips147
September 4th, 2019

adamg80
February 3rd, 2017

williamf304
October 11th, 2018

I have been a customer for eleven years with Support Buddy technical support and have had excellent service. The problem is that now that each time I call them they ask for my account number like they have in the past and I am transferred to a tech. Who never responds.
Is this company out of business?

johnb663
August 7th, 2016

I, as many others was hit by these people. I have Kaspersky installed, which I thought would stop crap like this! The "support" tech is in India, with warehouse call center background noise so loud that it is hard to comprehend what he is saying. The part was clear, that you could go to Microsoft store and pay $500 to get it fixed or pay them $179 to fix it online. Once they take over your PC, they would have all the information they need to process FB, mail, and credit card charges to our account.

STAY AWAY from these bastards!

jackm173
January 18th, 2021

The graph of my PC performance was declining day by day and even the best antivirus couldnt protect my PC from potential viruses. So I decided to avail third party tech support services from SupportBuddy.us. Its techies are brilliant, the moment I discussed my problem, they diagnosed the exact cause of and within one scan my antivirus detected the viruses. Apart from this, my problem of lagging was also resolved. Excellent job, SupportBuddy techies, and thanks a lot for your support.

frima
June 8th, 2017
• Updated review

6/8/17
Support Buddy called today and asked my wife to open the computer for them. Then they pretended to be a potential customer for our business. Ostensibly, to hold her on the line for an extended period of time. They are calling about one time per week to give us an update, refund, or PC cleaning. I believe that if you do business with Support Buddy, you will have to pay a ransom just to keep your computer in its present condition.

Close your computer and take it to an IT.
May 22nd, 2017
• Previous review

UPDATE:
5/22/17
Support Buddy continues to call. They state that they want me to open my computer so they can do an upgrade and they will refund my money. I have told them repeatedly that I will not open my computer for them again. Just this past week they called and stated that it was time for my annual update. A much younger female asked," Don't you want us to refund your money? I told them again that I had no desire to talk to them about anything and would not open my computer.

Tip for consumers:
Close your computer and take it to an IT. They are NOT affiliated with Microsoft!!

UpDate!
August 5th, 2016
• Previous review

UPDATE:
5/22/17

lylam
November 8th, 2016

Whether, it is antivirus, web browsing or installation problem, SupportBuddy will get it resolved in a fraction of seconds. All you have to do is contact SupportBuddy customer support number and speak to its technical experts. These experts have extensive technical knowledge and expertise in solving computer related issues in no time. So get your computer related issues sorted with these certified techies to keep your system in smooth working condition.

jacks518
November 18th, 2016

Need 24/7 technical assistance, download Buddy App of SupportBuddy as I did. It was mid-night when my browser failed to load the pages. I checked internet connection and everything but was unable to fix the problem. Thank God I had Buddy App installed in my PC. It instantly connected me to SupportBuddy techies. By taking the remote control of my PC they fixed the issue for me and I was able to browse again with much better speed.

elenas45
January 18th, 2021

Being the DBA of a business firm, I have the responsibility of securing the data stored on the server. I always relied on Kaspersky Total Security for Business for the ultimate protection. However, one day I came across an error I had never encountered before while upgrading it. Further, I found an ad recommending help from SupportBuddy. At first, I was a bit hesitant, but a big hand to the support guy who walked me through. Job well done, immensely satisfied!

zimt1
August 8th, 2016

Excellent job by SupportBuddy techies, Hats off. While working on my Dell laptop, I come across security issues while browsing. Although I was using an antivirus but still I faced this problem. With the SupportBuddy app installed in my PC, I got instantly connected with their expert techies. Taking the remote access of my PC they diagnosed the problem and got it fixed in no time. Thanks, SupportBuddy.net.

jalexm
January 18th, 2021

They diagnosed my computer and fixed the lagging problem in just a few seconds. It techies even increased the performance of my PC. Excellent job SupportBuddy.

dereka26
January 18th, 2021

Despite of having best antivirus in my dell desktop, the software was unable to identify potential viruses and malwares. Apart from this my PC performance was decreasing day by day. Seeing this I gave a call on *******633, SupportBuddy toll-free number. It techies are brilliant, they diagnosed and repaired my PC and eventually everything was working perfect. Hats Off for SupportBuddy Techies

rhysn3
January 18th, 2021

While working on my Sony laptop I encountered black and death screen tech trouble. I thought of taking it to the shop but as I was in urgent need of my laptop, so I decided to avail online tech support services of SupportBuddy. I gave a call on their toll-free number and discussed my issue. They guided to follow a certain procedure and asked to take the PC on remote access. I gave them the access and it took few minutes for them to fix my PC. Thanks a lot, SupportBuddy Techies.

xs14
April 3rd, 2017

I worked with this company. Let me tell you one thing that this is a scam. They are located in india and their company name is support mart technical services. They are doing this since long time. I think US government should take necessary action against them. They were doing scam that is why i left the job.

treneel
March 28th, 2017

I don't get all the negative reviews. I love their service. It's nice to get my computer fixed and cleaned up right from my house without waiting for someone to come out or having to take it somewhere. Highly recommend this company.

rolft1
May 29th, 2016

Breaks into your Internet pretending to be a technician from your Internet Provider. After leaving all kinds of stuff in your computer, wants 300 or 500 bucks immediately to fix it.
Absolute immoral, unethical, illegal scam. Beware!

rygreb
November 8th, 2016

Frankly speaking, SupportBuddy is best technical support services provider. I called SupportBuddy for the slow processing and bug problem that I encountered when I was working on my Asus laptop. Thanks to techies of the SupportBuddy who helped me in getting the issues resolved in a fraction of the time. If you too are facing any such issues, immediately call Asus Computer Support Number to get your problem sorted.

margaretn18
April 23rd, 2016

My computer locked up after I opened an email that I thought was safe.
Surprise, surprise... it was corrupt!
And guess what popped up!? The phone number for support buddy!
Like a fool I called them and by then end I was paying $430!
Luckily I caught on after their numerous phone calls and told them I want my money back.
They caused my computer to lock up so I had no choice but to use their service.
SCAM, SCAM, SCAM!

cl6945
February 21st, 2016

Stay away from SupportBuddy - this service is a scam. They pray on those who have no clue about PCs and deceive them with claims such as "your PC is full of viruses and your Microsoft warranty is expired". I had to deal with removing such crap from the PCs of family members. It also having them cancel all their credit cards and changing all passwords to avoid identify theft. This company, who goes by the name "SupportBuddy.net" or "Support Buddy" should be shut down. If you see anything from them on your PC, shut down your browser and restart your computer. Do NOT contact them.

karenh217
April 26th, 2017

I have not had a negative experience. I came to them after a botched job with GeekSquad. These folks are a little hard to understand but they get the job done, in my home office, any time of day or night. They have fixed things, ported me across several computers, fixed Microsoft office and retrieved documents I was told were long gone. My experience is that they are fair and do what they say they will do. They have kept my Dell, HP and Toshiba products functioning. Though they say they don't do peripherals, they fixed my copier as well. They keep my small business running

dorothyw39
February 1st, 2017

I got the same pop up window/locked computer issue others have had along with a loud beeping sound. I called the number, they "fixed it" after two tries and many, many hours. I paid them a service fee of $180 but then they tried to sell me all kinds of service plans and additional software packages and just won't go away and leave me alone. I'm going to take my laptop to a local computer repair shop and make sure they haven't left anything behind that gives them the ability to re-infect me. I truly think they infected my computer on purpose.

amilib1
October 30th, 2016

SupportBuddy is a great firm to avail third party tech support services. Once I availed Norton antivirus support services from the experts of SupportBuddy. As I was unable to utilize its full features, I gave a call to its techies on the toll-free number. They got my issues fixed in no time giving me the best solution. Thanks SupportBuddy for your expert assistance.

denisew65
January 24th, 2017

I would suggest holding off calling their number or getting support from them. Find someone else to come to your home and check your computer out or take it in to a legit computer store or Best Buy to have it looked at.
After reading the other reviews, what happened to me was similar... I had a box pop up saying call this number don't ignore or close, your computer is compromised. I was very skeptical but decided to call but not give out any information however after asking a couple of times who they were and told I wouldn't have to provide over the phone credit card info I succumbed and they accessed my computer but all the time I was concerned that they would access things like passwords and account information. After looking them up and reading the reviews I decided to call and cancel the credit card payment and have them look into it before I loose $349.99 charge for a one year warranty! Or told one time fix for $219.99, for all I know there was nothing wrong with my iMac and it's a scam.

hileryc1
November 8th, 2016

In this age of technology, the maximum population remains glued to their computers most of the time. This has led people to become highly dependent on technical services. And SupportBuddy excels in the area by abridging the gap between the tech related products and support system. The representatives of the company are highly proficient in delivering accurate services for tech issues.

deborahj28
July 25th, 2016

They lock you out of your computer and then place their number there so that you have to call them. I was told that I had 12,000 issues and needed to pay 179.99 to protect my computer and rid it of all the viruses. I KNEW this was crap and I told them this. I told them to UNLOCK my computer and they said that they would do it for 179.99. There has to be someway to stop these people.

That was my same question. This was a MAC computer and they should have directed me to apple to have the problem taken care of for NO cost. They mislead me in stating they were apple employees.

By Maria S.