Review of Steam

Steam reviews

ivans109
2/4/19

I use a lot of Steam simply because I find many good deals here. In addition, the cheapest keys are usually those of Steam.
I also find shameful that a huge platform like Steam does not have adequate customer service.

Even the client would need an update and offer some more options. Do you realize that you can not download the OST or other additional content without downloading the entire game?! Is it really so hard to send me a single MP3 instead of 50 GB of game?!

Finally, the part intended for the curators, as well as the entire community, is in disarray. We need more precise rules and above all HUMANS that apply them, not bots! Spend some money on staff!

tylerg72
11/29/18

Great platform aside from there lack of adequate customer service..... So a few days ago I tried to purchase a bundle before the fall sale ended, but ran into issues as I could not get the bundle to add to my cart it would only offer the purchase as a gift option.
I was trying to buy the counterstrike bundle but it would not add as I already have the free version of csgo in my library. At first I thought this was some sort of glitch on my mobile app so I restarted the app still nothing I attempted to figure out how to remove the free version as I thought maybe that was the issue but was unable to figure it out how to on the app.

I've had demos of other titles before or other free versions and have not needed to remove them in order to upgrade to the full game or purchase the full game so naturally being that these are valve products and steam is a valve owned company youd expect them to have it worked out so people don't run into these issues, and to ice the cake without removing the free version I can add csgo to my cart and proceed to check out without receiving the product already owned or in library notification on the cart screen. Yet when I try to add the bundle i can't because it claims csgo is in my library. I mean yes I could have just bought the game by itself as it would add to the cart but when csgo was on sale for $8.47 and the bundle of all 3 counterstrike games was on sale for $8.29 it seems kind of illogical to pay more for less.

All this said I sent in a ticket sharing my frustration and questioning how this issue was occurring well expressing my confusion that it will let me add the game but not the bundle, and after waiting a day and a half received responce that basically says sorry there's nothing we can do for you, more a less it's not in steams policy to offer customers anything for having a bad experience with there service followed by the instructions on how to remove the free game from my library and the recommendation that I put the game on my wishlist and wait and see if it goes on sale followed by a shameless plug for there weekly sales and daily specials.

Here's a company that makes billions in revenue annually from people like myself who regularly spend on games, and then as a customer you reach out in frustration over a bad experience caused by issues with their store and they respond with sorry for the inconvenience, its not our policy to offer items at discounts before or after sales, so if you want the game your going to have to buy it at full price or wait, but in the mean time be sure to check our specials section for more great deals.... Great policy tell an upset customer who spends money every week on products that the only help you can provide is the advise to look at the other products that can be bought... Never in my life have I had a support representative try to sell me products when I'm complaining about a problem I had with their service while trying to purchase a product.

I didn't request the game for free or at a discount for my trouble, but did expect that they would make some sort of gesture. I sent in the ticket questioning why I was experiencing the issue to begin with and why I can add the game to my cart but not the bundle this was never answered instead I received steams policy on offering discounts outside of sales and steams sale Schule like it's not advertised enough everytime I open steam weekly deals deal of the day.

None the less as this is drawing out a bit long I'll end off with this after receiving the response I was less than satisfied and responded again in dissatisfaction and will have to wait another day and a half to see if I get another response and weather or not it will yelid any different results, I will 're write or post a new review if steam manages to show some better customer service support but as it stands now steam don't care about individual customers they make more than enough to survive if they loose a few customers so they don't go out of the way and try to give you a reason to continue using their services if you've had a issue they shrug it off. In contrast I messaged amazon a week ago after receiving 2 different shipping estimates when I placed an order. I just wanted to know which one was correct so I'd be home when it arrived, they clearly explained how their shipping system works let me know which estimate was the correct one and went above and beyond in apologizing for my confusion and credited my account a free month of prime which was worth more than the item I had purchased to begin with. Some company's care about their customers others only care about money I'll let you decide what type of company steam is.

jamieo31
11/14/18

Nice place to meet fellow gamers and to play some awesome games! Great deals are offered and I spend here a lot of my time.

freddyd9
11/14/18

For me it is the best gaming platform of all and I have tried many. Steam has a well developed website and app, it is very easy to navigate them and find everything you are looking for. It has a huge variety of games to offer and great deals and prices for them. Free games just makes it more attractive. And the Steam community is the best! Wonderful people join it everyday, you can find friends here for a lifetime. Thank you Steam for bringing gamers together!

jevgenijusp
10/31/18

Steam is great because it allows people to keep a digital library of their games while also keeping in touch with a large amount of players. This helps when troubleshooting issues, discussing strategies or looking for additional players to play with.

gabrielt22
10/18/18

Steam is the best gaming platform available novadays. You can find a lot of games with or without discounts there. Amazing large community is another plus. You can keep a digital library of the games you own there. Definitely recommended for gamers.

mattg169
10/18/18

Steam community contains mods, skins and other downloadable content for your favorite games. There is also community market where you could buy or sell skins for example. It is really a great place to customize your games and give them a fresh look! Definitely recommended for any gaming enthusiast.

keiths231
10/17/18

Steam is a perfect platform to buy and release video games. It offers various sales and has garnered a large community. Steam has a so called workshop to share mods, skins and so on. You can even publish your own game via steam greenlight. Steam has a lot to offer and is one of the strongest gaming platforms that there is today.

syzr
5/1/18

No viruses and we can download a lot of games with this. Steam is 100% legal
Can serve as a discussion site

tonyf64
4/17/18

I have been on steam since 2007 & now own a little over 500+ games. I love steam & I would recommend it to anyone who games or would like to game from computers. No more need to worry about lost disks, scratches, stolen, lost keys, putting the disk in to play, or keeping up with your games, tools, etc because its always easy to download from any location to which you can login to your account. You can even share for family on multiple computers up to 5 I think as long as no one is playing that game at the time. Its a great game client to have & supports Windows, Linux, and Mac.

markb489
3/15/18

Steam makes things far too easy to buy games. My wallet cries when I use this application. The delivery method is digital download and if you have a fast internet connection you can buy and play a new game in minutes-hours depending on the size.

1 rating was submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Questions? Get answers from the Steam staff and other customers.

Steam?