Review of Spotify

sales@djewels.org
2017 Customer choice award

briannal21
5/22/18

I have been using Spotify for the past 3 years, I started out on the free trial and was so hooked I signed up for premium. As an added bonus, College students get the service for $5 a month, 50% of of the regular price. Not only can you make endless playlists, but they create playlists based on music you listen to. I have found tons of new music from listening to these playlists and also the "discover weekly". You also are able to share music people through iMessage, Instagram, Facebook Messenger, and Twitter through a link that Spotify sends directly.Definitely will continue to use this for years to come!!

marges17
5/10/18

Spotify is useless if youre not a premium member all the time. It took me hours build lists with premium and when you stop pay them lists are erased. Useless without premium.

konstantinosk12
4/1/18

Spotify account got hacked from a place far away (im in Oxford, attack was from Instabul, dont know anyone remotely from there, treated as an anon cyberattack).

Customer service did nothing but sweetalking me into dissapointment, while all I was asking during my panic is to send me over the IPs that my own account has logged in to figure out where the attack was from (at this point I didnt know who was attacking from where).

Spotify delayed af and as a result the attacker logged in my profile page the next and got ahold of my gmail/card details and tried to invade both gmail/online banking account. Thankfully there are some proper companies out there that know what 2-step verification is and informed me about the attack AS WELL AS providing the location of the attack (then I learned it was from Instabul).

Had Spotify bothered to protect their customer RATHER THAN THE ATTACKER (customer service guy actually told me to contact the law enforcement to get that info, lol really? I though IP logins in MY ACCOUNT are my own property anyways regardless of which device logged in), I would know one day earlier that this is not a friend trolling but a legitimate cyberattack, allowing to move quicker in locking everything else.

Had Spotify bother to listen to their community maybe this attack would've never been achieved. This is what you believe as of last August

(2017-08-29

Hey @ThomasVH we've revisited this idea with the teams behind logging into Spotify. We've decided not to move forward with two-factor authentication at this time.

If you're interested in security, we do have some tips to protect your Spotify account here. Of course if our status on this changes we will let you all know right here. Thanks!)

Before you prompt me into a survey on why I will be permanently ending my subscription once I set up my library properly on another service, the post above pretty much sums it up.

Thanks

elisaf8
3/28/18

I signed up for the free version of the app on my Xbox, gave them no payment information whatsoever and then was charged $120 to a card that again, I didn't give them and that I hadn't even given to Microsoft. I asked them about it and they said that someone else had my debit card information and tried to buy Spotify premium... And that they had no security breach whatsoever... This person just happened to coincidentally steal my card information (even though I haven't used it for anything except automated bill pay in years) and order Spotify premium the same week I downloaded free Spotify. Nothing else was charged, just Spotify. Spotify said they already knew about it before I contacted them, knew it wasn't me and had cancelled the charge already. They had no answer when I asked why they hadn't informed me or emailed me if they already knew about it. When I told them that I was closing my account they told me they would be keeping my payment information... that someone else stole from me to give to them... that they knew was stolen and didn't inform me of... Then when I called Wells Fargo, they informed me that Spotify had NOT cancelled the transaction like they said they had. Which makes sense. Why would they want to give back the $120 that someone stole from me and gave to them? I'm obviously getting a new card and changing my passwords but it made for a stressful morning. On the bright side, Wells Fargo has been wonderful and is getting me my money back pronto. Long story short- Spotify isn't a secure app- they won't tell you if someone steals your information- they won't try to stop them from stealing your information- and they won't cancel a charge that they know to be fraudulent.

shirleyk42
3/9/18

Spotify on the go!

Office free time ? - Spotify

House Party ? - Spotify

Feeling low ? - Spotify

Bealuse i love music and i love to hear music on spotify :)

rickk31
1/31/18

WELL THERE IS NOT MANY COMPLAINTS ABOUT THIS WEBSITE. The cost is $10.00 a month with unlimited use. no commercials once you pay for it, It has almost any song you want. The process to download is so easy a newborn could navigate through it procedures. It is a great website to use if you love music.

janem179
1/25/18

YouTube is better (its free) but if there was no YouTube this would definitely be my main source of music. I gave it 5 stars because there is good music, live radio, and I can make my playlists as long as I want. But if you don't have any money I recommend YouTube but if you overall just want any music with really good quality get Spotify.

helenm123
1/11/18

I would advise that if you are a Prime member with Amazon or a Google account holder that you either download digital music via Amazon's music service or watch videos on Youtube. Charges are high on Spotify and the program or application tends to crash quickly and easily. Logging in and out on the website is also difficult and unreliable.

mariag230
12/12/17

I guess it's a good app but if using the free account there's too many commercials. I would say it is the best app when using the premium service tho.

jaym165
12/5/17

This is the best music streaming app I have come across, when using the premium service. You can select the individual song that you want, and it will make recommendations from there. You can download any music you want to be played offline. It has all the features of other music streaming services, but the added feature of selecting individual songs, and saving them, puts it at the top of the list. When paying during "promotion" periods, it's definitely worth the cost of $9.99/3 months. I do, however, feel that the regular price of $9.99/month is a bit excessive, but the loss of all the features the premium subscription offers makes it hard to walk away from.

tomm1384
10/30/17

It is just another scam. Have to pay for no commercials. Youtube has way fewer commercials than Spotify. It is super buggy, made my computer crash every time I started it. I uninstalled it no crashes! Youtube is way better.

poppieg
10/23/17

Love Spotify! I can search for any song. Audio quality is great and it syncs to all your devices, like my iphone and computer at school

nillal
10/19/17

Definitely try it! This is one of the best apps on the music. Customizable playlists and uploads, the quality of sounds listed - I like it all. Just needs some caching and it becomes really outstanding!

laurentm6
10/11/17

Love this app as you have music on the go, love it every bit!!You can customise your music preferences as well as listen to music offline when you are a member that subscribes to the services.

katrinal10
10/10/17

I love Spotify so much! I've been a loyal listener for about 4 years now, and they still find ways to improve my listening experience. If you haven't listened to the curated playlists that Spotify makes for you, I definitely recommend it. I've found so many new artists from just browsing Spotify.

davidc607
10/10/17

I usually can find whatever song I'm looking for and the audio quality is excellent. I like creating playlists and have them show up on all my devices.

brandonb107
10/2/17

Spotify so far has been the best choice for music on the go for me. They allow you to download playlist's and listen to them offline for a small fee that is. But it is a reasonable fee and for that I'm grateful for Spotify

johairam
9/18/17

I never encounter any problems with Spotify. I upgraded my Spotify to premium for months now, and they never failed to notify me about my bill. They always reminds me to pay my Spotify via email or via the Spotify app itself (I used my savings account as a payment method (visa).

jamesw188
9/11/17

Don't ever subscribe to Spotify! I did and after I cancelled they still charged me. I got in touch with them about it and they are giving me a big hassle. Beware!

gustavoa15
8/31/17

Tinha muita duvida sobre a necessidade de ser assinante dessa ferramenta. Hoje não vivo sem. Mudou completamente o conceito de como se ouve musica.

davea89
7/28/17

really bad service when my account got hacked - sure it got hacked at Spotify end as no other email/account/anything on my iphone or mac got compromised....just the Spotify account. Spotify's response? Shut me down, log out all devices, close the account and delete payment details...without tell me or asking me...then asked me to provide payment details again? It's been 2 weeks and still not account access. Their Live Chat rep hung up on me and Spotify have told me that that didn't happen..but rather the chat continued at his end but I must have dropped off. These guys are so contemptuous and rude they seriously don't give a F about you. Every email is answered by a different person... Also they treat musos badly. don't do it there are other good streaming services out there. Also their account verification system is just 'can you send us a screen shot of the receipt we originally sent you' that's scary in how low-tech it is. If that's how high tech Spotify verifying your account once hacked...then what is their protection like for managing your data/banking details?

Tip for consumers: just pray your account doesn't get hacked as their CX service response is WOEFUL

courtneyn8
6/30/17

Once I discovered Spotify, my life changed for the better. They really transformed how I listen to music and how I discover new artists. All my favorite songs are on my playlists, and I keep discovering new great ones.

jellianes
6/23/17

I am a subscriber of Spotify and I could proudly state that this app is worth it. By using it, I was quickly updated of the recently released songs by various singers and artists. Some of it aren't even accessible on youtube and other sites so it really is a great advantage for Spotify subscribers. Of course it does not only contain modern music, it also has popular songs from the past so if you missed listening to the songs of The Beatles for example, just type it in there and in an instant you'll quickly hear what you wish for!

carlj44
6/22/17

No better music streaming service on the planet. I've not signed up for the premium account but the free one is just fine aslong as you dont mind a few adverts now and again

michellem286
6/12/17

I don't know why, but I've discovered Spotify just few months ago. I've heard about it, but used SoundCloud. But once I tried it out it fully replaced the last one.

Questions? Get answers from the Spotify staff and other customers.

Spotify?