Review of Spotify

sales@djewels.org
2017 Customer choice award

mattg169
11/11/18

Great music platform suitable for all music tastes. I like the sound quality and the huge variety of artists you can choose from. The monthly price is affordable for me and because I use it very often it is completely worth every penny I pay. I am a completely satisfied customer of Spotify.

katiem220
11/9/18

You can enjoy music and discover new songs as well. Wonderful app and don't regret the subscription.

brandii
10/31/18

I love spotify because it recommends music to you based on your listening habits and preferences. It has helped me to find some awesome artists because most musicians have similar artists that you personally are not aware of, but with the help of spotify you will find them and love them because they are quite similar to music that you already like but at the same time a little bit different and fresh. Its especially great with friends because you can create collaborative playlists and share awesome music easily.

susanz65
10/28/18

Spotify is fine when it works. In September (a month and a half ago) it gave me a blank screen except for the menu at the top. When I tried to click on my library or search the screen remained blank. I went on line to find no number to call and this problem is not listed in the array of "articles" provided for support help. I sent several messages via the "contact us" which was extremely cumbersome. I just canceled my account and it says they can't actually cancel it for another month probably to charge me the additional 9.99 even though my account has not worked since September. Poor customer support and the lack of ability to talk with anyone is unheard of today. The phone number on the visa bill was to a game show contest. STAY AWAY It's a scam

ashleyj147
10/27/18

I'm glad that spotify exists. Because you get top quality music, and you can choose anything you like. Although those commercials sometimes is really pain in the ass but oh well.

nikot2
10/27/18

The music is just amazing. And worth to pay for premium. You get an unlimited access to everything you want to that includes music.

thomasd289
10/27/18

So, for the last 6 months I've tried Spotify instead Youtube, and it looks like they're comparing not whose gonna play better music or stuf like that, no, it looks like they're comparing about whose gonna play more ads! Please do something about those ads.

richardd185
10/24/18

I started using Spotify when I started a new desk job last year. I was stoked when I found out that I could save all of my favorite songs to a playlist then leave it on shuffle all day. Great idea, I love it! The problem is the commercials. They are many and often. It got annoying quickly and now I'm on Pandora. One 30 second commercial every once in awhile. Screw Spotify, they are greedy.

trevint
10/21/18

Absolutely delighted with the service. Hardcore user over the years and an absolute must in my phone and tablet. I'd recommend it.

charliek55
10/21/18

None of other music providers compare to Spotify. It is well-run, up to date, and has the greatest variety of options and features. Spotify is constantly suggesting new music for me to listen to, most of which I thoroughly enjoy because it suggests music based on what you frequently listen to. The music selection Spotify offers is massive and it is well organized. Plus, it's easy to look up bios and facts about your favorite artists, or even individual songs. The service absolutely worth the price and I am going to stay their client forever

kl150
9/22/18

My identity was stolen on another site & it was necessary for me to change the email address. The site would not allow me to edit the info so I contacted customer service. I Don't have a Twitter account so my only option was email. My identity was stolen beginning in 2014 & every year there's more crap to deal with.

emilyb241
8/8/18

Spotify is different then most radio/music apps because you can create your own playlists with songs that you like. There are a lot of adds on this app/website but you can pay to have those taken off

tomc376
7/30/18

Here's another business getting you to sign on that continues to drain your bank account month by month. It is one of those businesses that "unless you remember to opt out, they will bill you forever". To cancel the account is like pulling teeth from a hen. Forget it! Honest businesses give monthly statements, balance due, and payments made to keep the consumer informed. Sneaky operations that rely on obscurity and human neglect have a culture and business ethic that is low on the scale of values. I feel sorry for those who work for Spotify in any capacity.

kamild10
7/26/18

I finally caved in after what seemed like forever... And I couldn't be happier! It just makes so much easier to have all of your favourite music with you everywhere you go, without having to worry about storage in your phone or anything like that. It would be nice to have something like this for free of course but the prize is within reason and it is worth it!

gemmad10
7/16/18

I have been an avid Spotify user for years and I don't have a bad word to say about them.

I began with the free version about 5/6 years ago and couldn't fault it. I eventually progressed to a Spotify Premium last year to listen to music on the go and I have to say I still can't fault it. I listen pretty much every day whether it be on my daily travels, sticking it on for some background or singing along at the top of my lungs I have found it to be super reliable. I also find that it nearly always takes centre stage at any party or gathering also.

I find this streaming site to be the easiest and cleanest in use after trying a few before reaching this one (including Last.FM which is alright actually, Itunes, Zune, Grooveshark and countless others that I can't remember the names of...) and I find this one to be the superior. I find the blackened design not only aesthetically pleasing but useful if like me you often listen to music before bed or to send you to sleep. It is the easiest site to navigate with the ability to create many playlists and queue songs also. There is a vast array of music, even some quite obscure local artists which allows you to effortlessly expand your musical repertoire. There is also the function of following artists you love to receive updates and notifications about their latest gigs and music releases which I have found hugely useful. You can also following your social media friends to see what they are listening to which I thoroughly enjoy as again it helps me branch out and listen to artists I've not heard of whilst learning a lot more about my friends. Countering that, you also have the option to hide your sessions so that you can listen to your guilty pleasures in secret or just not publicise what you're into. I have used this now and again if I don't want to show that I'm online or when listening to the Hamilton soundtrack more times than I care to admit.

All in all, I would recommend as I've never encountered any issue with them. 10/10

calumc3
7/4/18

Ever tried to contact spotify? Go ahead, give it a go. Until today I was a longstanding Premium member. You'll discover their contact form hidden deeply, forcing you to click through as you jump through their hoops. Eventually when you submit their form, they launch a chat up, and you're soon chatting with someone from (drumroll!) the Philippines! Yes, your premium membership doesn't get you 'premium' service.
Spotify's customer disservice offshored Filippino asked me dumb insulting questions like whether I was online - when my detailed form already shared made clear this and other specifics. Their instructions weren't correct for Windows 10, when I pointed this out in very clear and detailed language, they contradicted me, saying that their instructions were correct. When I asked for a manager, they told me that there was no manager available, and that I would have to wait for an email. Premium membership gives you THIS service?!? The only thing premium about spotify's membership is the premium price they charge you.

So after years of paying for a premium service, my playlists were blanked out, then I couldn't login again after following their non-premium offshored insulting customer disservice's instructions, and I cancelled my account. I suggest you try one of the MANY competing services that charges the same price and offers MORE music choices without the terrible failures Spotify inflicts.

michellep88
6/28/18

For the money people pay who for premium we should be allowed to add our music that we have downloaded on our phone to the app, spotify makes it so inconvient to do this, first you ahve to download it to a desktop then some other craziness too much, I may be leaving this app alone

ronw82
6/19/18

I have been a premium member of Spotify off and on for the last couple of years. Interface is clean and app itself works well. Free account comes with too many restrictions for music lovers such as myself. Spotify's music catalog is very mainstream. Lesser known artists are rare. Hints the four stars. Dope app though!!!

briannal21
5/22/18

I have been using Spotify for the past 3 years, I started out on the free trial and was so hooked I signed up for premium. As an added bonus, College students get the service for $5 a month, 50% of of the regular price. Not only can you make endless playlists, but they create playlists based on music you listen to. I have found tons of new music from listening to these playlists and also the "discover weekly". You also are able to share music people through iMessage, Instagram, Facebook Messenger, and Twitter through a link that Spotify sends directly.Definitely will continue to use this for years to come!!

marges17
5/10/18

Spotify is useless if youre not a premium member all the time. It took me hours build lists with premium and when you stop pay them lists are erased. Useless without premium.

konstantinosk12
4/1/18

Spotify account got hacked from a place far away (im in Oxford, attack was from Instabul, dont know anyone remotely from there, treated as an anon cyberattack).

Customer service did nothing but sweetalking me into dissapointment, while all I was asking during my panic is to send me over the IPs that my own account has logged in to figure out where the attack was from (at this point I didnt know who was attacking from where).

Spotify delayed af and as a result the attacker logged in my profile page the next and got ahold of my gmail/card details and tried to invade both gmail/online banking account. Thankfully there are some proper companies out there that know what 2-step verification is and informed me about the attack AS WELL AS providing the location of the attack (then I learned it was from Instabul).

Had Spotify bothered to protect their customer RATHER THAN THE ATTACKER (customer service guy actually told me to contact the law enforcement to get that info, lol really? I though IP logins in MY ACCOUNT are my own property anyways regardless of which device logged in), I would know one day earlier that this is not a friend trolling but a legitimate cyberattack, allowing to move quicker in locking everything else.

Had Spotify bother to listen to their community maybe this attack would've never been achieved. This is what you believe as of last August

(2017-08-29

Hey @ThomasVH we've revisited this idea with the teams behind logging into Spotify. We've decided not to move forward with two-factor authentication at this time.

If you're interested in security, we do have some tips to protect your Spotify account here. Of course if our status on this changes we will let you all know right here. Thanks!)

Before you prompt me into a survey on why I will be permanently ending my subscription once I set up my library properly on another service, the post above pretty much sums it up.

Thanks

elisaf8
3/28/18

I signed up for the free version of the app on my Xbox, gave them no payment information whatsoever and then was charged $120 to a card that again, I didn't give them and that I hadn't even given to Microsoft. I asked them about it and they said that someone else had my debit card information and tried to buy Spotify premium... And that they had no security breach whatsoever... This person just happened to coincidentally steal my card information (even though I haven't used it for anything except automated bill pay in years) and order Spotify premium the same week I downloaded free Spotify. Nothing else was charged, just Spotify. Spotify said they already knew about it before I contacted them, knew it wasn't me and had cancelled the charge already. They had no answer when I asked why they hadn't informed me or emailed me if they already knew about it. When I told them that I was closing my account they told me they would be keeping my payment information... that someone else stole from me to give to them... that they knew was stolen and didn't inform me of... Then when I called Wells Fargo, they informed me that Spotify had NOT cancelled the transaction like they said they had. Which makes sense. Why would they want to give back the $120 that someone stole from me and gave to them? I'm obviously getting a new card and changing my passwords but it made for a stressful morning. On the bright side, Wells Fargo has been wonderful and is getting me my money back pronto. Long story short- Spotify isn't a secure app- they won't tell you if someone steals your information- they won't try to stop them from stealing your information- and they won't cancel a charge that they know to be fraudulent.

shirleyk42
3/9/18

Spotify on the go!

Office free time ? - Spotify

House Party ? - Spotify

Feeling low ? - Spotify

Bealuse i love music and i love to hear music on spotify :)

rickk31
1/31/18

WELL THERE IS NOT MANY COMPLAINTS ABOUT THIS WEBSITE. The cost is $10.00 a month with unlimited use. no commercials once you pay for it, It has almost any song you want. The process to download is so easy a newborn could navigate through it procedures. It is a great website to use if you love music.

janem179
1/25/18

YouTube is better (its free) but if there was no YouTube this would definitely be my main source of music. I gave it 5 stars because there is good music, live radio, and I can make my playlists as long as I want. But if you don't have any money I recommend YouTube but if you overall just want any music with really good quality get Spotify.

Questions? Get answers from the Spotify staff and other customers.

Spotify?