Review of Spotify

sales@djewels.org
2017 Customer choice award

emilyb241
8/8/18

Spotify is different then most radio/music apps because you can create your own playlists with songs that you like. There are a lot of adds on this app/website but you can pay to have those taken off

tomc376
7/30/18

Here's another business getting you to sign on that continues to drain your bank account month by month. It is one of those businesses that "unless you remember to opt out, they will bill you forever". To cancel the account is like pulling teeth from a hen. Forget it! Honest businesses give monthly statements, balance due, and payments made to keep the consumer informed. Sneaky operations that rely on obscurity and human neglect have a culture and business ethic that is low on the scale of values. I feel sorry for those who work for Spotify in any capacity.

kamild10
7/26/18

I finally caved in after what seemed like forever... And I couldn't be happier! It just makes so much easier to have all of your favourite music with you everywhere you go, without having to worry about storage in your phone or anything like that. It would be nice to have something like this for free of course but the prize is within reason and it is worth it!

gemmad10
7/16/18

I have been an avid Spotify user for years and I don't have a bad word to say about them.

I began with the free version about 5/6 years ago and couldn't fault it. I eventually progressed to a Spotify Premium last year to listen to music on the go and I have to say I still can't fault it. I listen pretty much every day whether it be on my daily travels, sticking it on for some background or singing along at the top of my lungs I have found it to be super reliable. I also find that it nearly always takes centre stage at any party or gathering also.

I find this streaming site to be the easiest and cleanest in use after trying a few before reaching this one (including Last.FM which is alright actually, Itunes, Zune, Grooveshark and countless others that I can't remember the names of...) and I find this one to be the superior. I find the blackened design not only aesthetically pleasing but useful if like me you often listen to music before bed or to send you to sleep. It is the easiest site to navigate with the ability to create many playlists and queue songs also. There is a vast array of music, even some quite obscure local artists which allows you to effortlessly expand your musical repertoire. There is also the function of following artists you love to receive updates and notifications about their latest gigs and music releases which I have found hugely useful. You can also following your social media friends to see what they are listening to which I thoroughly enjoy as again it helps me branch out and listen to artists I've not heard of whilst learning a lot more about my friends. Countering that, you also have the option to hide your sessions so that you can listen to your guilty pleasures in secret or just not publicise what you're into. I have used this now and again if I don't want to show that I'm online or when listening to the Hamilton soundtrack more times than I care to admit.

All in all, I would recommend as I've never encountered any issue with them. 10/10

calumc3
7/4/18

Ever tried to contact spotify? Go ahead, give it a go. Until today I was a longstanding Premium member. You'll discover their contact form hidden deeply, forcing you to click through as you jump through their hoops. Eventually when you submit their form, they launch a chat up, and you're soon chatting with someone from the (drumroll!) the Philippines! Yes, your premium membership doesn't get you 'premium' service.
Nt customer disservice offshored Filippino asked me dumb insulting questions like whether I was online - when my detailed form already shared made clear this and other specifics. Their instructions weren't correct for Windows 10, when I pointed this out in very clear and detailed language, they contradicted me, saying that their instructions were correct. When I asked for a manager, they told me that there was no manager available, and that I would have to wait for an email. Premium membership gives you THIS service?!? The only thing premium about spotify's membership is the premium price they charge you.

So after years of paying for a premium service, my playlists were blanked out, then I couldn't login again after following their non-premium offshored insulting customer disservice's instructions, and I cancelled my account. I suggest you try one of the MANY competing services that charges the same price and offers MORE music choices without the terrible failures Spotify inflicts.

michellep88
6/28/18

For the money people pay who for premium we should be allowed to add our music that we have downloaded on our phone to the app, spotify makes it so inconvient to do this, first you ahve to download it to a desktop then some other craziness too much, I may be leaving this app alone

ronw82
6/19/18

I have been a premium member of Spotify off and on for the last couple of years. Interface is clean and app itself works well. Free account comes with too many restrictions for music lovers such as myself. Spotify's music catalog is very mainstream. Lesser known artists are rare. Hints the four stars. Dope app though!!!

briannal21
5/22/18

I have been using Spotify for the past 3 years, I started out on the free trial and was so hooked I signed up for premium. As an added bonus, College students get the service for $5 a month, 50% of of the regular price. Not only can you make endless playlists, but they create playlists based on music you listen to. I have found tons of new music from listening to these playlists and also the "discover weekly". You also are able to share music people through iMessage, Instagram, Facebook Messenger, and Twitter through a link that Spotify sends directly.Definitely will continue to use this for years to come!!

marges17
5/10/18

Spotify is useless if youre not a premium member all the time. It took me hours build lists with premium and when you stop pay them lists are erased. Useless without premium.

konstantinosk12
4/1/18

Spotify account got hacked from a place far away (im in Oxford, attack was from Instabul, dont know anyone remotely from there, treated as an anon cyberattack).

Customer service did nothing but sweetalking me into dissapointment, while all I was asking during my panic is to send me over the IPs that my own account has logged in to figure out where the attack was from (at this point I didnt know who was attacking from where).

Spotify delayed af and as a result the attacker logged in my profile page the next and got ahold of my gmail/card details and tried to invade both gmail/online banking account. Thankfully there are some proper companies out there that know what 2-step verification is and informed me about the attack AS WELL AS providing the location of the attack (then I learned it was from Instabul).

Had Spotify bothered to protect their customer RATHER THAN THE ATTACKER (customer service guy actually told me to contact the law enforcement to get that info, lol really? I though IP logins in MY ACCOUNT are my own property anyways regardless of which device logged in), I would know one day earlier that this is not a friend trolling but a legitimate cyberattack, allowing to move quicker in locking everything else.

Had Spotify bother to listen to their community maybe this attack would've never been achieved. This is what you believe as of last August

(2017-08-29

Hey @ThomasVH we've revisited this idea with the teams behind logging into Spotify. We've decided not to move forward with two-factor authentication at this time.

If you're interested in security, we do have some tips to protect your Spotify account here. Of course if our status on this changes we will let you all know right here. Thanks!)

Before you prompt me into a survey on why I will be permanently ending my subscription once I set up my library properly on another service, the post above pretty much sums it up.

Thanks

elisaf8
3/28/18

I signed up for the free version of the app on my Xbox, gave them no payment information whatsoever and then was charged $120 to a card that again, I didn't give them and that I hadn't even given to Microsoft. I asked them about it and they said that someone else had my debit card information and tried to buy Spotify premium... And that they had no security breach whatsoever... This person just happened to coincidentally steal my card information (even though I haven't used it for anything except automated bill pay in years) and order Spotify premium the same week I downloaded free Spotify. Nothing else was charged, just Spotify. Spotify said they already knew about it before I contacted them, knew it wasn't me and had cancelled the charge already. They had no answer when I asked why they hadn't informed me or emailed me if they already knew about it. When I told them that I was closing my account they told me they would be keeping my payment information... that someone else stole from me to give to them... that they knew was stolen and didn't inform me of... Then when I called Wells Fargo, they informed me that Spotify had NOT cancelled the transaction like they said they had. Which makes sense. Why would they want to give back the $120 that someone stole from me and gave to them? I'm obviously getting a new card and changing my passwords but it made for a stressful morning. On the bright side, Wells Fargo has been wonderful and is getting me my money back pronto. Long story short- Spotify isn't a secure app- they won't tell you if someone steals your information- they won't try to stop them from stealing your information- and they won't cancel a charge that they know to be fraudulent.

shirleyk42
3/9/18

Spotify on the go!

Office free time ? - Spotify

House Party ? - Spotify

Feeling low ? - Spotify

Bealuse i love music and i love to hear music on spotify :)

rickk31
1/31/18

WELL THERE IS NOT MANY COMPLAINTS ABOUT THIS WEBSITE. The cost is $10.00 a month with unlimited use. no commercials once you pay for it, It has almost any song you want. The process to download is so easy a newborn could navigate through it procedures. It is a great website to use if you love music.

janem179
1/25/18

YouTube is better (its free) but if there was no YouTube this would definitely be my main source of music. I gave it 5 stars because there is good music, live radio, and I can make my playlists as long as I want. But if you don't have any money I recommend YouTube but if you overall just want any music with really good quality get Spotify.

helenm123
1/11/18

I would advise that if you are a Prime member with Amazon or a Google account holder that you either download digital music via Amazon's music service or watch videos on Youtube. Charges are high on Spotify and the program or application tends to crash quickly and easily. Logging in and out on the website is also difficult and unreliable.

mariag230
12/12/17

I guess it's a good app but if using the free account there's too many commercials. I would say it is the best app when using the premium service tho.

jaym165
12/5/17

This is the best music streaming app I have come across, when using the premium service. You can select the individual song that you want, and it will make recommendations from there. You can download any music you want to be played offline. It has all the features of other music streaming services, but the added feature of selecting individual songs, and saving them, puts it at the top of the list. When paying during "promotion" periods, it's definitely worth the cost of $9.99/3 months. I do, however, feel that the regular price of $9.99/month is a bit excessive, but the loss of all the features the premium subscription offers makes it hard to walk away from.

tomm1384
10/30/17

It is just another scam. Have to pay for no commercials. Youtube has way fewer commercials than Spotify. It is super buggy, made my computer crash every time I started it. I uninstalled it no crashes! Youtube is way better.

poppieg
10/23/17

Love Spotify! I can search for any song. Audio quality is great and it syncs to all your devices, like my iphone and computer at school

nillal
10/19/17

Definitely try it! This is one of the best apps on the music. Customizable playlists and uploads, the quality of sounds listed - I like it all. Just needs some caching and it becomes really outstanding!

laurentm6
10/11/17

Love this app as you have music on the go, love it every bit!!You can customise your music preferences as well as listen to music offline when you are a member that subscribes to the services.

katrinal10
10/10/17

I love Spotify so much! I've been a loyal listener for about 4 years now, and they still find ways to improve my listening experience. If you haven't listened to the curated playlists that Spotify makes for you, I definitely recommend it. I've found so many new artists from just browsing Spotify.

davidc607
10/10/17

I usually can find whatever song I'm looking for and the audio quality is excellent. I like creating playlists and have them show up on all my devices.

brandonb107
10/2/17

Spotify so far has been the best choice for music on the go for me. They allow you to download playlist's and listen to them offline for a small fee that is. But it is a reasonable fee and for that I'm grateful for Spotify

johairam
9/18/17

I never encounter any problems with Spotify. I upgraded my Spotify to premium for months now, and they never failed to notify me about my bill. They always reminds me to pay my Spotify via email or via the Spotify app itself (I used my savings account as a payment method (visa).

Questions? Get answers from the Spotify staff and other customers.

Spotify?