Last.fm

Last.fm has a consumer rating of 3.95 stars from 44 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally satisfied with their purchases. Last.fm also ranks 4th among Radio sites.

How would you rate Last.fm?

“This website is amazing”

Roger B.
6/21/19

I've used last.fm since 2015. This is great when you see the evolution of your music preferences, statistics can say really a lot about you and that's how you remember what has happened in October 2016, for instance, your mood and inner state. Also, recommendations work well and help you to discover new bands that you probably will like. Also, there is a lot of information about the bands.

“It Hasn't Been Good For Ten Years!”

Taylor J.
12/3/15

I hate what is on the radio. I prefer to download a collection and play on iPod. I found a website many years ago called music . download . com which provided many free music by various composers or arrangers. What is also best is that they divide each genre by the instrument that is played. With Classical for example they had vocal, non vocal, symphonic, opera, classical guitar, piano, solo instrumentals, solo instrumentals with accompaniment, etc. and I found many BEAUTIFUL music as a result. Now the site became last.fm and now I can't find these categories any more. They just aren't any good like music . download . com was. The website is designed like any other mainstream website: It is ugly and complicated. If I encounter any few free download music of example Classical, there is a plague of "music box" music, and most of the rest is a bunch of horrible amateurs using "Classical" as a Test Bed for their "music". Some thing else is that if you Follow ed a music composer or music arranger on music . download . com you end up getting very nice update emails (similar to YouTube) when every they posted a new song. This feature seems absent in last.fm It takes TOO LONG to browse through music on Last.Fm I have had enough. I finally found a Creative Commons mp3 site which has very good music, not filthy amateurs. I enjoyed the time I spent with music . download . com / last.fm be cause I learned of many tallented composers / arrangers / musicians and I love their music but these other alternatives also have great tallented musicians. I will not browse last.fm any more.

rogerb276
June 21st, 2019
ronaldw60
November 10th, 2016
I used to check Last Fm couple times per hour in the past. But after changes they've made I don't use this website so often. Still the project are awesome!
nicop7
August 14th, 2019
I love how they changed Last.fm. It's great for discovering new music recommendations and for keeping track of the music that you listen to. And you can scrobble from so many different sources.
chayac
June 1st, 2017
really good. Much music and easy to use. A second everyday service to me together with another one everyone knows
alext58
April 23rd, 2016
There's was a few changes with last.fm. Users always complain about it, but they always move on and use it till the day.
So i guess it's just about some kind of habit or an old friend that you can't just break up with.
taylorj11
December 3rd, 2015
chrisj81
September 9th, 2015
This is a decent service. I find it easier to just do a youtube search for a band that i like and then look at the recommended videos.
willg26
January 16th, 2017
And all in one place. Subscribe to the interesting music creators, find your favorite performers. And take your favorite music with you everywhere you go!
migdaliab
October 13th, 2015
Maybe the best music service ever. Great site, functionality. Listen to music and enjoy.
aleks527
December 2nd, 2016
A good music service for everyday use. Concerning complaints about some new features - I guess that happens everywhere... Still one of my favorites.
francinem3
November 30th, 2015
It's the best music service I've found so far. It's convenient and helps to expand the music horizons. So easy. So much to listen to.
andrewp64
March 10th, 2015
I've been a loyal user for like 5 years. Everything's fine
mikep125
November 20th, 2015
Last.fm, you will never get old, at least i hope so, otherwise I would have to find a new way to keep myself busy in the evenings
stevenw83
April 29th, 2016
I really love it.Nice collection of songs.
jamesw168
March 25th, 2015
Got to track news of mine fav bands. No need to follow each of their tweeter.
kaseyp
August 16th, 2010
I think I like all the other ones beside this one.. pandora and iheart radio rock! I give them this much credit. I thought it was cool when they first came out. It's not as cool as how it use to be since all these other guys came out with better features and stuff..
ashb4
October 28th, 2014
Love it! All my favorite music located in one spot!
slokc
July 21st, 2015
what a $#*! of a site nothing works
skyk
April 13th, 2010
Used to like it before. Then they started charging quite a high price for their service.
patrickj21
November 2nd, 2014
If you love music- you like last.fm
Here you can find any style of music, bands, or singers, and just any information you need. You can listen to the best songs and view photos, watch videos. So, I think it's a very usefull site.
carlc21
September 24th, 2014
last.fm has been able to build up a very large database of music profiles and any kind of recommendation system, It is providing good music recommendations and it easily attract listeners. You can watch what thousands of people are playing; they have extremely accurate and up to date music charts and home maker creating. You can have good entertainment. So I am really appreciate.
cameronh22
October 1st, 2015
I can't listen to any song!
marieb18
November 12th, 2012
Artists, bands, music labels, be aware of the facts that this website allows its users to illegally upload your copyrighted music; and your music is generating a lot of revenue for this company through paid subscriptions and high-end ads and google tracking. You might assume that because a page has been set-up already for your band or label that you will be able to make use of the page, making it a place where your fans can leave "shouts" that are comments about your music. And you will probably assume that you'll have complete control over the images which represent you and your albums. You do not have control over much of anything on lastfm.

Not only does this website allow users to constantly troll the "shoutboxes" of band pages, but they also allow users to get away with uploading "fake" images which usually have nothing to do with you or your albums. As a band page owner I am constantly having to report the same violations of supposed "rules" which this company claims to have in place to respect bands/artists. Every time I ask the ones who run this website a question, or every time I attempt to get users banned from uploading "fake" album cover pics, I am always given quick, extremely rude emails in return--telling me that I, basically, have no rights over the page which represents me and my band. On several occasions I've been told that I stand to have my own user name/account banned if I don't stop "spamming".

Lastfm claims that they are happy to work along side of artists to see that the pages representing them are free of lastfm copyright and rules violations. But this company does not honour these statements. The staff are beyond rude and disrespectful towards artists. Lastfm makes a lot of revenue off of artist pages. Contact them a few times about why they don't allow bands to have more options to control their own pages and you'll find out quickly that this website cares nothing about your opinions or concerns. They are aggressively concerned with making large profits from their website. They are not in the business of caring about whom they are making that profit off of. Artists, bands, music labels should, at the very least, be given, by-law, the choice as to whether they want a lastfm page with their name on it. Period.
kevinh68
May 22nd, 2014
Great way to listen to music and a great site in general. very impressive.
hayleyu
July 23rd, 2011
Excellent website; I just wish the blimmin' Last.fm bear would let me listen for more than half an hour at a time without signing up.

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the Last.fm staff and other customers.

The world's largest online music service. Listen online, find out more about your favourite artists, and get music recommendations, only at Last.fm

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Last.fm?

Have a question about Last.fm?