Review of SportsDirect

Mansfield, NTT NG20 8RY, GB
Tel: 8929768772139

chrish897
2/13/19

Thieves!! I returned 2 pairs of shorts but only got refunded for 1 pair! Daylight robbery that I have never seen from any company before! DO NOT GO ANYWHERE NEAR THIS COMPANY EVER! I only ordered from this company as I had £5 voucher given to me but with their expensive p&p all that gave me was free p&p! Wasn't even worth bothering! Wish I had used a proper company not these fraudsters! AVOID!!!!!

Update.. they have now been in touch to say that there is no record of my returned items being received! This is very strange as they have already emailed me to say that they have received it and I have checked the tracking number and it says delivered! Customer services changing their story and trying to avoid paying what they have stolen! Pathetic!!

gregoryb36
2/11/19

I have ordered many times from overseas and always received my orders within7 days. Though UK size are a bit different and I had a couple of surprised, this was more my fault than theirs. Prices are attractive and some products are exclusive to the site.

Tip for consumers: try to visit often, some very good deals pop up sometimes for just a couple of days

sashaj18
2/6/19

absolutely shocking i ordered trainers both dunlop converse style
when i opened the box i could see that they where different i have sent many pictures back to sports direct with measurements and positions of the shoe to see that marking dont line up they always come back with a message saying they look the same

shabbinaj
2/5/19

rst customer service I've ever come
Worst customer service I've ever come across! Bought a pair of trainers in the Manchester Arndale store when I got home and opened the box one of the trainers was in a uses condition and the stitching was coming away on the trainers too. I took it back the next day and the staff behaviour was appalling as none of them had any customer service skills or attitude, first of all they refused to accept it was there fault then refused to refund even though it was there mistake. Eventually after telling them that I will be contacting the financial ombudsmen the refunded the money but with a very bad attitude and this was a store manager! Obviously the staff hired by sports direct don't need any education or manners to get the job.

andya98
1/17/19

Never buy from them! They ship damage goods. Customer service ignore all customers and don't give refund!

tonik39
1/7/19

Items unavailable but still payed huge postage. In the past I have shopped with Sports Direct and been happy but my recent experience has been more than unsatisfactory. I wanted to purchase a wetsuit for my son. Found one and also a few smaller ticket items which meant that paying the $53 postage made it worthwhile (the savings of the wetsuit compared with NZ prices). I ordered, payed, received confirmation email and then another email saying wetsuit was out of stock. I would not have purchased the other items without the wetsuit so I wanted to cancel the order. After 4 days they emailed back to say sorry, order was already processed and they couldn't cancel. They refused to acknowledge that I felt ripped off, I am now paying $53 postage for a hat and a few other small items I would never have bothered purchasing from there if i wasn't getting the wetsuit. What I'm saying is, be careful if you are relying on a 'big ticket item' being available to make your purchase worthwhile as they obviously don't always correctly state if they are available. Not happy, will definitely not be purchasing again unless I strike a fee shipping day.

rebeccaw187
12/18/18

I was very surprised when I ordered from sportsdirect and received clothes that were far better than what I expected for the cheap price and shoes as well. I ordered off season so got everything very cheap I had no problems with them all at. I have ordered three times now and got everything I ordered and the correct sizing to.

christinem377
12/17/18

I ordered items to the value of 265 on the 22nd of November. I have not received my order yet. I have emailed them everyday for almost two weeks to no avail. these items were for my four children for Christmas. I am not in a position to get other items. this entire situation has been extremely stressful. WHAT DO I DO NOW??? PLEASE SOMEONE HELP

wajida5
12/11/18

Trainers were ordered from there and hell yeah timely deliver and quality was good as well. The best thing about the website is that they have a huge range of products/brands so comparison is quite easy.

roisinc3
12/4/18

Bought track pants for my son-the size he always wears. But they were too tight on the legs. I returned them but was told only a credit note could be issued. I can't take my son into the shop to try on the clothes for reasons I won't go into here. I have no need of any of their other products. They won't allow me buy a gift card with the credit note and I can't use it online. None of the information regarding returns is displayed in the shop. The practice is legal but so far from the norm that they should be informing customers of their policy before the purchase is first made. So basically they stole my money. Never shopping there again and will be telling everyone.

olenaz
11/19/18

I've made my order on 25 October and paid for it by card. Today is 19 November and the package even not has been send as per tracking info. Customer support said: oops, your package wasn't scanned by a reason. Very well, what's next? Nothing. Customer support stopped to answer. So, neither money no order. Seems to be the next step will be crime case.

jb867
11/15/18

I ordered a pair of shoes UK size 7 EUR size 41, and the shoes I received were EUR size 40.5.
I complained that the EUR size was incorrect on their website, and they told me that it was only advisory, and not reliable.
But nowhere in their terms and conditions it is written that the EUR size is advisory.
Anyway, they refused to acknowledge their mistake.
So, the lesson is to not trust their EUR size, and check it elsewhere before ordering.

victoriac163
11/13/18

I ordered a scooter and helmet through sports direct and the order got approved straight away and the money deducted from my account.
I received an email from SD advising when delivery would take place. The delivery date came and only the helmet arrived. I asked the Hermes driver whether he knew anything about The scooter and he said no. Fair enough, I thought maybe it is to follow. When I looked at the paperwork that came with the helmet, it read as though the scooter had been delivered so I emailed the cs@ email address. Days passed and I received no reply. I emailed a second time and the same thing, a few days passed and no reply. I tried to call the cs number and the answerphone said an adviser will be with me shortly, 10 seconds later it said they were all busy and the phone line went dead. I tried again the next night- same thing. The next day I got a text from Hermes to say that a parcel was been delivered. When I got home, a neighbour had kindly signed for it and mentioned that she told the driver she would sign for the package but was not excepting responsibility for its condition.... the parcel, was completely battered and was been held together with brown sticky tape and sellotape. it looks herrendous! Haven't bothered to even see what state the scooter is in- it was suppose to be my little boys birthday present and I'm definitely not wrapping that up!
Still no response from the emails and tried to get through again on the phone tonight and again nothing.
Really disappointing.

gregb286
10/17/18

I have been ordering on Sportsdirect for the past 6 years and I never had any problem whatsoever, always arrived on time always what I have ordered.

joaoc28
9/26/18

They sent me the Wrong sizes for 3 trainers, and even if you have my correct sizes online your customer services is refusing to send me the correct sizes for my Under Armour Thrill 3 Running Shoes Mens size 42.5EU.
And now CS not even reply anymore...BAD
The CS person dealing with this was Branagh... and now he doesn't not even reply to my last email when i sent him pictures of the trainers i ordered and the trainer you have on your website to show him that it's exactly the same model, and COLOR, that cording to him my BLACK/WITH trainers are a different product...
Reality is when I bought the trainer online i paid £28 and now they cost £37 and they just want me to pay more...
REALLY DISAPPOINTED WITH THIS COMPANY AND THIS CUSTOMER SERVICES...

When I call CS instead of email, and the lady on the line, was RUDE and RACIST, saying that this is UK and not EU and i should order by uk numbers and noting else...
The website is the one it's wrong (INCOMPETENT PEOPLE) when the guideline is saying that sizes 8.5 are (42.4EU) and them they send me the 8.5 (43EU)...
This company is really a JOKE... and people working in the CS is HORRIBLE, RUDE AND VERY UNPROFESSIONAL.

DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THIS STORE, SPECIALLY ONLINE...
BAD REALLY BAD.

jayneg11
9/21/18

The worst experience as a customer I have ever received. Bought a pair of trainers in store which I then saw were £15 cheaper online. I stupidly thought that it would be a simple case of being credited back the difference, but oh no....
Called the store over a period of 3 hours and no answer, so i drove 11 miles to see the manager. I was then told that I could not be refunded the £15 unless I had seen this before purchasing in store as they then would have priced matched the trainers! I thought this seemed very unfair so asked what I could do....I then spent 2 hours stood in the store whilst trying to get through to the their customer service centre...33 attempts and then 32 minutes in a que until I got to speak to someone who said it was at the discretion of the manager to make the refund! Hope I thought, but nope, manager was terrified of being sacked if they gave me a refund so this left me no where. I then emailed customer service as I really felt this not right for either me as a customer, or for the manager! No reply and no call back even when this was requested. Then to add insult to injury, the customer service number is chargeable and the bloody awful experience cost me £35 with my network provider!!!! Another visit to the store and zero help. Would not give me the area managers details due to data protection' and when I said that I'll leave my details, I was told that they couldn't promise that I'd hear anything....they were right! Zero response from anyone and I shall never darken their doors again! At least O2 had the decency to refund me half of the charges I incurred as they couldn't believe what I'd gone through!

tinam265
9/13/18

I paid for next day delivery it arrived 3 days later tried to contact to ask for a refund due to this no one emails you back never will
I order from these again

arwine
9/5/18

Fast shipping, awesome support and great products, its a great website to shop on and you won't regret!

bryanb181
9/3/18

Bought a stunt scooter for my daughters birthday and it arrived today. The box was damaged and ripped open and clearly nothing like new. The scooter was clearly used with scratches and bumps all over it and parts missing so it was unusable junk. I have seen better condition at a car boot sale. I was gobsmacked that a company like this would even try to pass this rubbish off. It cost £53 plus £6.99 delivery and £13.04 to return. I have lost the £20 delivery prices and now have a very upset little girl on her birthday. There is now way that sport direct could not have know the condition they were sending this in. It looks like it has been passed about a fair bit between customers. I have spoken to trading standards because this feels like consumer fraud.

pl51
8/20/18

Ordered at 06/08/2018. Courier got my package at 07/08/2018. Next update status was at 17/08/2018. Today (20/08/2018) i have Estimated Delivery: Friday, August 24, 2018 By End of Day . I spent 11,99 for fast delivery! F@CK THEM!!!!!!!!! Probably they are coming by foot or with bicycle.

charlesh376
8/15/18

I saw a photo of an orange Casio watch and wanted one, so did a search. SportsDirect USA was offering one, but it was unclear what the shipping cost was (I live in the USA, and I gather this item is only sold in Europe). I ordered it, thinking I would cancel if they wanted too much for shipping, but they only added 99 cents ??!!!

However, my usual online shopping experience is that the order is confirmed right away and then shipped the next day, which didn't happen - at least not to my knowledge. I then checked reviews, and found a very low rating on TrustPilot. However, most of those having issues seemed to be people buying clothing online (always risky) and having fit/return problems, which theoretically didn't apply to me.

They post a Customer Service email address, but clearly place a very low priority on responding. After getting a message that the order was Processed, I didn't get any shipping notification. Finally, three days (!!!) after it was Processed, I got a message that it was collected. However, the carrier was wnDirect, which I also found many poor reviews for.

Much to my amazement it was delivered in Boston today, less than a week since I placed the order!

I'm giving them a 4 due to their lack of clear information on order status and the non-response of their alleged Customer Service staff.

johnj682
8/13/18

I ordered xlarge jacket it may fit a slim 13 year old expensive to return they want you to use registered post packaged exactly as it came all labels intact etc. Then pay a fortune for them to send another dodgy sized replacement no wonder he can buy harrods

tracyc210
8/11/18

Took a top back after washing it as it started to fray,had a receipt and was only bout 24 hours earlier!.... was told it was my fault or my washing machines fault!! I explained about the consumer rights act 2015! They haven't a clue, all I wanted was an exchange. They were having none of it.... incompetent at they job , no empathy or understanding of consumers rights. Wrote an email to complaints and have heard nothing back! Honestly it's not about the money it's about what's right. The shop I went to was fareham in Hampshire and the manager hadn't a clue.... what do you expect on minimum wage!!!

garyd223
8/6/18

Bought 3 items and only 2 arrrived. After countless unanswered emails, I had no choice but to get my bank involved. No customer service phone number. Bad customer service from a terrible company with even worse reputation

chrisb818
8/3/18

Avoid at all costs. The owner is a tyrant, he only cares about lining his pockets. DW Sports is a good alternative!

Stores in the USA selling hiking boots usually have thick socks for customers to put on before trying boots. If this store does not, it would be wise to wear the socks you plan to use with the boots when trying them on. caveat emptor

By Charles H.

On the issue of not refunding the purchase price, is that common policy for retailers in the UK? I'm surprised there isn't a government agency for consumer protection that looks into / bans this.

By Charles H.

Questions? Get answers from the SportsDirect staff and other customers.

8 Photos for SportsDirect