Review of SportsDirect

Mansfield, NTT NG20 8RY, GB
Tel: 8929768772139

kristiang9
7/6/19

I would avoid buying from them, if you live outside the UK

High shipping cost - 14 GBP for me to ship to Malta + they don't have an updated stock online.

So the story is - I ordered 2 pairs of shoes and some basics to justify the high shipping cost, but both pairs were "Temporarily out of stock". So they cancelled the shoes and shipped the rest of the products.. they didnt ask me if I want to wait for the shoes or cancel my order. I would have personally cancelled the order, because I only bought these extra stuff because of the shoes.

So keep in mind if you want to buy something high value from their website, it might be out of stock and you could be stuck with 20 GBP socks (6 GBP for socks, 14 for delivery)

nevillew10
7/1/19

They sent the wrong size shoes and refuse to replace them. I will never deal with them again. Ordered size 45 and they sent 44.5 changing the label to suit the order.

stuartm124
6/29/19

Absolutely disgusting customer service! Bought a pair of trainers yesterday and they dont fit, advisor said they would stretch but on getting home they are just too small, dont do my size and dont have anything else i want, asked for a refund and was told no and its not my problem by stuart the manager in milton keynes

cloudc2
6/17/19

WORST company EVER! Knock off name brands, weird sized clothing and they refuse to give you a return/credit or exchange. Customer service is HORRIBLE and no help what so ever! DON'T DO IT! Don't waste your time or money!!! Very disgusted with this company!!! I wish I could give ZERO stars.

ayonb
6/9/19

Wish I could post a negative rating!! Ordered some badminton shoes back in March, gave them a very reasonable amount of time to deliver given that international post can take longer. After 6 weeks I got in touch with the courier to see what was going on and a couple of weeks after that they confirmed that the parcel was lost in transit, and to contact SportsDirect for a full refund. There appears to be only one person in customer service, Kaylee, who may as be a robot since she appears to just copy and paste into an email from a standard list of responses. She kept insisting that it could not be investigated as it was more than 30 days, despite having received confirmation from the courier that the item was lost in transit. This company is robbing from customers, stealing their money and not taking any responsibility for ensuring that the customer actually receives the goods!! Will never be shopping with them again, and about to start legal action through the Small Claims Court ... nightmare!!

robertj488
5/25/19

Purchased several items. Got a delivery date of 5/13. Never received the items. I emailed several times and would only get message" give a few more days. This was on 5/19. I emailed again on 5/20, 5/22 and 5/23. No response from them. Then on 5/24 they finally say my merchandise was lost.

rs310
5/14/19

Ordered a Riley cue stick and they sent in a opened ragged box showing it was not new, a bottom part of a Riley cue and a bottom part of a BCE cue which I didn't order. Neither had the top part which has the tip making them useless. To everyone that paid with PayPal contact them with your complaint so PayPal will discontinue their account.

josem393
5/10/19

Paid $170 for Paradox 5 sneakers. The website said UK11 (45) and I wear a 45 so I placed the order. The sneakers that I received were UK11 (46). The box from Mizuno had the correct sizes on it, but they put a label with the wrong size on it. They will not pay for return shipping and it costs more than the sneakers for me to ship back.. They won't even admit to the mistake after I sent them pictures. Terrible service.

tonyp204
5/9/19

what a shower of rubbish company they
what a shower of rubbish company they use the dodgyest couriers which are well known for their drivers stealing !!! so when you get an email saying your package is delivered ? IT REALY INST IS IT AS THE COURIER HAS SIGNED FOR IT AND STOLE IT ?
yet when you question this as the buyer or alleged receiver your called a lier as the tracking says so
I WILL NEVER USE THESE SHOWER OF S**T AGAIN AND MY STRONG ADVISE IS YOU ALSO SHOULDN'T
AND ID ADVISE ALL OTHERS WHO RECEIVE THE SAME TREATMENT SEND EVERYTHING TO BBC WATCHDOG AS I HAVE

xeniaa2
5/8/19

I wish I had read these reviews before ordering... just like so many others before me it seems... I ordered as a gift... The parcel never arrived... They only answered ONE of my emails asking what happened, simply with a generic tracking number ( which I already had and which showed that the parcel was stuck somewhere.. ) They never answered ANY of my other emails and I had to actually DIG UP the shipping company contact number to get THEM to find out where my parcel was and to confirm that it was never delivered and had been sent back... Sports Direct now is answering neither me NOR the shipping company ... This is disgraceful... I am going to get my credit card to cancel that payment... I have NEVER had such bad online dealings - oh actually, I have, once... with a Chinese SCAM site ... Sports Direct should be ashamed of themselves and should be closed down by the look of things...

jennyb135
5/4/19

DISGUSTING CUSTOMER SERVICE. ORDERED PARCEL PAID £7.99 FOR PREMIUM DPD NEXT DAY DELIVERY (TRAINERS FOR MY SONS BIRTHDAY) BUT IT WENT MISSING OR ACTUALLY IT NEVER LEFT THEIR WAREHOUSE BUT I HAD TO WAIT A WEEK TO CONFIRM IT HAD BEEN LOST. REORDERED BUT 1 PAIR WAS OUT OF STOCK SO ONLY SENT OUT 1 PAIR BUT DIDNT ACTION A REFUND ON THE FIRST PAIR EVEN THOUGH I CHASED DAILY. 2ND PARCEL SENT OUT VIA HERMES STANDARD THIS PARCEL GOT A 24HR DELAY THE VERY NEXT DAY WHICH CONTINUED TO SHOW FOR A FURTHER 4 DAYS EACH DAY TOLD TO WAIT A LITTLE LONGER! FINALLY HAD ENOUGH SAID I DONT WANT THE PARCEL GIVE ME A REFUND WHICH THEY THEN SAID I HAD TO WAIT 5 WORKING DAYS ..... IT TOOK THEM A FURTHER 2 DAYS TO PRESS THE REFUND BUTTON FOR BOTH PAIRS EVEN THOUGH 1 PAIR SHOULD OF BEEN REFUNDED A WHOLE WEEK BEFORE HAND!!! COMPLETELY MISSED MY SONS BIRTHDAY AND EVEN A WEEK AFTER HIS BIRTHDAY STILL NO TRAINERS OR REFUND!!!

leet138
4/17/19

Went into North Shields branch looking for a gum shield for boxing. I told a member of staff what I was looking for. She pointed me to the stand. I bought the most expensive one on the rack as you only get what you pay for.
When I got home I googled the gum shield I had chosen, only to find that it was for rugby, football, hockey etc. Not boxing. i took it back for a refund, only to be told they don't refund. They would only issue me a voucher receipt.
The item I bought was not fit for purpose. It hadn't been opened and furthermore, the member of staff showed me the mouth guard she thought I needed.
Now I have a voucher to spend in a shop that I will never go back to again. Surely this can't be right?!
I argued my case but had my kids with me so could only say so much, as I didn't want to make too much of a scene with them standing next to me.
I have rated them 1 star as there is no facility to rate no stars.
Very very poor customer service!

cadinep1
4/9/19

I made a purchase of three items on SportsDirect.Com. I had purchased some items previously and the items didn't fit my daughter so I returned and as predicted they only give credit notes... anyway I used the credit note to purchase items that would work for her which did, however a balance was left hence my other purchase.
I made the purchase in March early 20's.

On Friday the 29th I recieved an email and text messages that the items were gonna be delivered. I wasted a whole day waiting in. At about 10am or a bit before I saw a lady with a parcel in her hand looking unsure of where she was going... I ran outside to inquire if the parcel belongs to me. She answered and said it was for a another number in the same address..... a gut feeling kept telling me it was my parcel... when she seemed as if she couldn't get in I was about to offer to take it when she said I couldn't sign for it if the persons weren't home.

I looked up at the balcony to the sound of a thief telling her to press the buzzer again. She went up to him and gave away my parcel. As my luck would have it... literally moments later I saw him packing his possessions and moved away with my belongings... (clearly he knew he was leaving so he saw no problems moving with things that did not belong to him)

I had no knowledge except the gut feeling until hours passed and I'm wondering why have they sent messages and emails so early yet my parcel is yet to come. As soon as I went on my phone to check the message for the tracking info I saw a message that said something to the effect of enjoy your package!!!!!! Enjoy what package?!!!! The ones Hermes your courier gave away!!!!! It was only £34.99 but it's my money.

It was a nightmare figuring how to contact Hermes in the state of my panic when I realised what had really happened. When I finally did that same Friday on their online chat they said they'd get back to me within 28hrs. I went away on holiday the Sunday (I wanted those items to take with me) when I checked my emails either the Monday or Tuesday they responded apologising that their courier acted out of their code of conduct on this occasion, they then instructed me contact the supplier and let them know what happened so they can contact them. I did so... The email address I made the purchase from was different from the one I sent the complaint to Sports Direct customer service. They stated that they couldn't find the order as a result of that. I responded and sent an email with the order number, my name and address and they have not contacted me since and that's about three or four days ago. I'm not going to let it go as I did nothing wrong except made a purchase... I even have the courier on my surveillance camera not handing me the parcel so why the hell am I out of pocket... I need my money or the items I purchased!

anonymousa546
3/22/19

I recently ordered shoes online but when I went to buy them the price changed to higher then what they were advertised for, the price only changed when I clicked to buy them, this is false advertising and very sneaky marketing and such bad customer service also.

bl157
3/3/19

I would never ever buy from this company again. Appalling customer service, make up their own rules and conditions whilst denying yours. If you want junk, used return items, that generally do not fit, be denied your rights, be ignored, do not want your questions or concerns and emails answered in a reasonable time and manner, have your orders altered without your input or response then this is the company for you. If you want professional customer service, be treated like a customer and have your rights then keep well away from this appalling company.

arabellac3
3/2/19

Absolutely so disappointed by the lack of service in this particular branch of Sports Direct. I can only speak of the footwear department. It took an hour to pick up a pair of brown smart shoes for my son. Only one visible member of staff on the floor at footwear and they were overwhelmed with customers. Eventually after I had spoke to someone at the till another member of staff turned up. I'm sure it was her first day... Spoke to the footwear supervisor' he was unaware of the situation on the floor as he appeared from a stock room. He said they were understaffed.....Didn't have a lot of staff...blah blah!!!.I have to say that I did say to him that his staffing problem was not mine. I'm sorry now that I didn't say when he said he was the footwear supervisor "Well Supervise" At the till the shoes were in fact dearer than advertised. The shoe was the last one in the size required and had a bump on the leather they took 10% off. I'd have preferred no discount and no bump! Moral of story here is don't go into Sports Direct, Castlebar on a Saturday afternoon unless you have hours of your precious time to waste. Not all Sports Direct Stores are run like this one. Someone somewhere is getting paid to manage this store. Perhaps training from the top down would be something to consider here.

chrish897
2/13/19

Thieves!! I returned 2 pairs of shorts but only got refunded for 1 pair! Daylight robbery that I have never seen from any company before! DO NOT GO ANYWHERE NEAR THIS COMPANY EVER! I only ordered from this company as I had £5 voucher given to me but with their expensive p&p all that gave me was free p&p! Wasn't even worth bothering! Wish I had used a proper company not these fraudsters! AVOID!!!!!

Update.. they have now been in touch to say that there is no record of my returned items being received! This is very strange as they have already emailed me to say that they have received it and I have checked the tracking number and it says delivered! Customer services changing their story and trying to avoid paying what they have stolen! Pathetic!!

gregoryb36
2/11/19

I have ordered many times from overseas and always received my orders within7 days. Though UK size are a bit different and I had a couple of surprised, this was more my fault than theirs. Prices are attractive and some products are exclusive to the site.

Tip for consumers: try to visit often, some very good deals pop up sometimes for just a couple of days

sashaj18
2/6/19

absolutely shocking i ordered trainers both dunlop converse style
when i opened the box i could see that they where different i have sent many pictures back to sports direct with measurements and positions of the shoe to see that marking dont line up they always come back with a message saying they look the same

shabbinaj
2/5/19

rst customer service I've ever come
Worst customer service I've ever come across! Bought a pair of trainers in the Manchester Arndale store when I got home and opened the box one of the trainers was in a uses condition and the stitching was coming away on the trainers too. I took it back the next day and the staff behaviour was appalling as none of them had any customer service skills or attitude, first of all they refused to accept it was there fault then refused to refund even though it was there mistake. Eventually after telling them that I will be contacting the financial ombudsmen the refunded the money but with a very bad attitude and this was a store manager! Obviously the staff hired by sports direct don't need any education or manners to get the job.

andya98
1/17/19

Never buy from them! They ship damage goods. Customer service ignore all customers and don't give refund!

tonik39
1/7/19

Items unavailable but still payed huge postage. In the past I have shopped with Sports Direct and been happy but my recent experience has been more than unsatisfactory. I wanted to purchase a wetsuit for my son. Found one and also a few smaller ticket items which meant that paying the $53 postage made it worthwhile (the savings of the wetsuit compared with NZ prices). I ordered, payed, received confirmation email and then another email saying wetsuit was out of stock. I would not have purchased the other items without the wetsuit so I wanted to cancel the order. After 4 days they emailed back to say sorry, order was already processed and they couldn't cancel. They refused to acknowledge that I felt ripped off, I am now paying $53 postage for a hat and a few other small items I would never have bothered purchasing from there if i wasn't getting the wetsuit. What I'm saying is, be careful if you are relying on a 'big ticket item' being available to make your purchase worthwhile as they obviously don't always correctly state if they are available. Not happy, will definitely not be purchasing again unless I strike a fee shipping day.

rebeccaw187
12/18/18

I was very surprised when I ordered from sportsdirect and received clothes that were far better than what I expected for the cheap price and shoes as well. I ordered off season so got everything very cheap I had no problems with them all at. I have ordered three times now and got everything I ordered and the correct sizing to.

christinem377
12/17/18

I ordered items to the value of 265 on the 22nd of November. I have not received my order yet. I have emailed them everyday for almost two weeks to no avail. these items were for my four children for Christmas. I am not in a position to get other items. this entire situation has been extremely stressful. WHAT DO I DO NOW??? PLEASE SOMEONE HELP

wajida5
12/11/18

Trainers were ordered from there and hell yeah timely deliver and quality was good as well. The best thing about the website is that they have a huge range of products/brands so comparison is quite easy.

Stores in the USA selling hiking boots usually have thick socks for customers to put on before trying boots. If this store does not, it would be wise to wear the socks you plan to use with the boots when trying them on. caveat emptor

By Charles H.

On the issue of not refunding the purchase price, is that common policy for retailers in the UK? I'm surprised there isn't a government agency for consumer protection that looks into / bans this.

By Charles H.

Questions? Get answers from the SportsDirect staff and other customers.

10 Photos for SportsDirect