Review of Spokeo

Tel: 1-877-913-3088
support@spokeo.com

howardv
12/29/15

I signed up for a single search thinking it was .95$ and looked on my credit card statement a few weeks later and found a 19.95$ charge for a renewing autopayment. This is very deceptive and I called and canceled. I was told I would only get a $7.00 refund and I told them I would fight this charge through my credit card company. They immediately refunded the full 19.95$. Very deceptive company. I do not ever deal with companies like this.

Response from Spokeo I., Spokeo Representative
Dear Howard,
Please allow me to explain the charges associated with the specific subscription you selected. When you signed up you selected our Single Search with Premium Trial plan, which provided you with an initial $0.95 Single Record as well as additional free Premium access for 7 days. Unfortunately, because you did not cancel the trial before the 7 days ended, a recurring subscription fee of $19.95 began to charge. We make this clear by detailing it in our terms of use disclaimer which must be agreed to before any transactions can be made. Please contact a member of our Customer Care team by calling 888-906-0850 should you have any further questions or concerns regarding this issue.
rebeccab82
12/27/15

I subscribed for the 1 month (Casual Users for $13.95/Mc ( normally $19.95)... suppose to get the full access to everything I needed... so I thought. But all it let me do is put in an email address (which I already knew who it was) but as I stated... I thought I was getting more info for what I paid for... but... for an extra $4.95 charge I could get all of that.... Seriously?? I immediately cancelled my subscription. So exactly what kind of services should I be getting for the 1 month subscription of $13.95 that I paid for?? I haven't seen any good reviews on this site at all. I should of read reviews first but guess you could say I was desperate to find out what I needed. Sighssss!!!

Response from Spokeo I., Spokeo Representative
Dear Rebecca,
We understand your concern and want to help resolve this issue. Spokeo Subscriptions are set up so that you can customize it in a way you see fit. For example, when you sign up, you get full access to which ever subscription you selected such as our Name Search Premium, Email Search Premium, or Address Search. Should you wish to add-on an additional service to your package, it would be available at an additional charge. We are happy to answer any questions you may have regarding our purchase process, or any of our subscriptions. Please call a member of our Customer Care team by calling 888-906-0850 at your earliest convenience. We're happy to help in any way we can!
davidh312
12/24/15

There is nothing consistent about the fees on this site. A free search will tease you information, blocking details with an *. They ask you to subscribe for 6 months at a rate like $4.95 a mo. Then you cancel and they will give you a "Platinum" subscription for $0.95 for 7 days. Pretty much like a free trial, but no details as to what "Platinum" is. Come to find out, it is 20 name searches which will give you old numbers and addresses, in which some are current if they still live there or have that number. I did get to make contact with a long lost friend, so worth my $0.95, but anything else they want to charge you more for. Want social media info, another $19.99 a month, until you click on something else, then it is $12.99 a month. It shows there are 4 court records, click on that, it pretends to search specific records and teases you with more info in which it wants another $49.95 for the single report, or $11.80 a month to get search results, not specific details. Oh, and once your 20 searches are over, every detail gets hidden again, even though you have a subscription.

It is creepy to know how much info is out there on people, and now I feel I have given them even more by paying for the 7 day trial, in which I have canceled in under an hour. But it is just a scam of a site that will do everything it can to get more money out of you.

Response from Spokeo I., Spokeo Representative
Dear David,
We're sorry you feel this way and wish to assist in resolving the issue. We are a search engine that specializes in finding people. Many of our customers have had the opportunity to reunite with lost family, friends, and loved ones, and that is something we are proud to be a part of. Our information comes from various sources located within the Public Domain such as public record data, surveys, and social data (that has not been deemed private). Spokeo makes this information more easily accessible for people to research themselves or others, and sometimes that information is not always up to date. Please feel free to contact a member of our Customer Care team by calling 888-906-0850 should you have any further questions.
neilb43
12/21/15

I paid $0.95 for a one time search and have now found I have been billed $19.95 for a service I have not consciously subscribed for , used nor have any intention to use

SPOKEO are out and out crooks in my opinion based on my experience

Response from Spokeo I., Spokeo Representative
Dear Neil,

We understand your concern and want to assist in resolving this issue. Please allow me to explain the charges associated with the specific subscription you selected. When you signed up you selected our Single Search with Premium Trial plan, which provided you with an initial $0.95 Single Record as well as additional free Premium access for 7 days. Unfortunately, because the trial was not cancelled within 7 days, a recurring subscription fee of $19.95 began to charge. Please feel free to contact a member of our Customer Care team by calling 888-906-0850 at your earliest convenience. We would be happy to assist with any questions or concerns you might have.

dw560
12/15/15

I saw the pop up from Spokeo, that promised me they HAVE the info I was looking for, and I can retrieve it with my free trial. I paid my $.95 for the trial, expecting to see the information I was promised, and there was none..... also charged 19.95 to get unlimited access. a partial name showed up. then a second offer promising me that they would have the information I was seeking if I paid another $4.95 to get that single address verification. i then basically closed my connection. i went to my bank statement this month and realized that i was being charged monthly $19.95 and an additional charge of 17.85 had now been added which took the same date 1 month later as my original $.95 charged

Response from Spokeo I., Spokeo Representative
Dear DW,
I understand your concern and wish to assist in resolving this issue. Please allow me to explain the charges associated with the specific subscription you selected. When you signed up you selected our Single Search with Premium Trial plan, which provided you with an initial $0.95 Single Record as well as additional free Premium access for 7 days. Unfortunately, because the trial was not cancelled within 7 days, a recurring subscription fee of $19.95 began to charge. Please feel free to contact a member of our Customer Care team by calling 888-906-0850 should you have any further questions or concerns regarding this issue.
yesicac1
12/13/15

I was charged 19 dollars for something I didn't find uuseful and wasn't aware that I had subscribe for!! I NEED MY REFUND!!

Response from Spokeo I., Spokeo Representative
Dear Yesica,
johnt258
12/12/15

I will not be using Spokeo. Thanks for saving me headaches.

Response from Spokeo I., Spokeo Representative
Dear John,
We're sorry you feel this way. Spokeo is a search engine that specializes in finding people. Many of our customers have had the opportunity to reunite with lost family, friends, and loved ones, and that is something we are proud to be a part of. If you have any questions or concerns we invite you to contact us directly by calling a member of our Customer Care team at (888) 271-9562. We're happy to help.
pauls242
12/4/15

I needed to do a search recently for my son's new cell phone that was stolen from him at high school. We used the phone's GPS to track it down. I found the ad for the spokeo $0.95 single search so I used it to explore more about the specific address. Well, a couple weeks later I get an email stating my credit card was being charged $19.95 for a year long subscription.

There was not easily identifiable text in the "one time search" that I purchased stating that it was also triggering a yearly subscription. Very deceptive business practice! So, I asked spokeo for a refund and explained in my request that it was not made clear that I was triggering an automated payment. I asked for a refund of my $19.95. Today, they responded after a delay of almost 2 weeks with a refund for $14.96. What a scam. I am sure they will try to respond to this review as they have with others but their practices do not appear to be changing. Bottom line: I basically paid $6 for a search that provided me with no meaningful information. Save your money. Spokeo is not worth it and they have dishonest business practices. They probably make a mint doing this to a lot of unsuspecting people.

Update: Spokeo finally did me the "courtesy" of refunding the entire $19.95. And to their credit they did it after one final email that conveyed my dissatisfaction. But, I'd like to clarify details of what I feel continues to be deceptive. The automatic subscription after a 7 day trial was not clearly identified at all. It was buried in an ungodly long terms of agreement. I went back and studied the $0.95 offer and it is extremely difficult to find these details. I openly ask for spokeo to clean up this deceptive practice and make the automated subscription more clear and up front in their marketing and web ads.

Tip for consumers: Don't use spokeo!

Response from Spokeo I., Spokeo Representative
Dear Paul,
It is possible that when you signed up you selected our Single Search with Premium Trial plan, which provided you with an initial $0.95 Single Record as well as additional free Premium access for 7 days. Unfortunately, because the trial was not cancelled within 7 days, a recurring subscription fee of $19.95 began to charge. Accounts of this type are set up to automatically renew so that those who do use our services on a regular basis can do so without any service interruption. I sincerely apologize for any misunderstanding, or inconvenience this issue has caused. Please feel free to contact us should you have any further questions or concerns regarding this matter. We can be reached at 888-906-0850.
nf36
11/27/15

I was never on the site and they charged me $40! How did they get my personal information is beyond my knowing and is a very scary thought indeed?! I did not even know what the service was about. They charged me 3 days ago and I asked for a refund but they told me that they are unable to give out refunds but I could use the site until March or May next year. I do not care about using this service at any time EVER! AND I do not appreciate your super friendly service workers when really the company is truly based on unethical practices. Please expose and inform!

Response from Spokeo I., Spokeo Representative
Dear N F,
We take situations like this very seriously. Please contact a member of our Customer Care team by calling 888-906-0850 at your earliest convenience so we can assist in resolving this issue.
chrisg101
11/25/15

Please do not use spokeo they are a $#*!ing scam and don't give you any info and will save you card info. $#*! that! Please take some advice if you have to use a site to look up and old friend or phone number you better off not knowing what does t want to be found seen or heard that's why there's Facebook if you can't find them there let that $#*! go !!!!

Response from Spokeo I., Spokeo Representative
Dear Chris,
We understand your concern. Please allow me to explain about Spokeo. We are a search engine that specializes in finding people. Many of our customers have had the opportunity to reunite with lost family, friends, and loved ones, and that is something we are proud to be a part of. Or information comes from sources located within the Public Domain, and sometimes that information is not always up to date. I sincerely apologize for any misunderstanding, and any inconvenience this experience has caused. Please feel free to contact a member of our Customer Care team by calling 888-906-0850 or email CustomerCare@spokeo.com, We're happy to help!
alicej20
11/21/15

I started my address search with 411.com. When they did not have the information I was looking for, I saw the pop up from Spokeo, that promised me they HAVE the info I was looking for, and I can retrieve it with my free trial. I paid my $1.95 for the trial, expecting to see the information I was promised, and there was none..... Only a second offer promising me that they would have the information I was seeking if I paid another $4.95 to get that single address verification. SCAMMERS. I am cancelling my membership AND my Credit card so that they cannot continue to charge me.

Tip for consumers: PS
After I wrote my initial review (WARNING), I have read the reviews of others. I noticed that the company replies to every single review with the exact same paragraph. Hilarious.

Response from Spokeo I., Spokeo Representative
Dear Alice,
I understand your concern and certainly wish to assist in resolving this issue. Please allow me to explain about Spokeo. We are a search engine that specializes in finding people. Many of our customers have had the opportunity to reunite with lost family, friends, and loved ones, and that is something we are proud to be a part of. Or information comes from sources located within the Public Domain, and sometimes that information is not always up to date. I sincerely apologize for any misunderstanding, and any inconvenience this experience has caused. Please feel free to contact us directly by phone at 888-906-0850, or via email at customercare@spokeo.com should you have any further questions or concerns regarding this issue.

lindal143
11/20/15

I had previously written a review entitled Beware of Spokeo.
Spokeo responded to my complaint and has refunded the 3 month subscription that I had no idea I had signed up for.
I now give them a good review as they took my issues seriously and redpned in a positive manner to keep a customer happy.

Response from Spokeo I., Spokeo Representative
Dear Linda,
I appreciate your concern, and wish to assist in resolving this issue. Please allow me to explain the charges associated with the specific subscription you selected. When you signed up you selected our Single Search with Premium Trial plan, which provided you with an initial $0.95 Single Record as well as additional free Premium access for 7 days. Unfortunately, because the trial was not cancelled within 7 days, a recurring subscription fee of $19.95 began to charge. I would be happy to issue full refunds for these charges, please contact a member of our Customer Care Team by calling 888-906-0850 at your earliest convenience. We look forward to hearing from you.

christinep40
11/20/15

Spokeo sucks! When you first enter a name phone number or email address it populates and looks as though they've got all this information that they're going to give you and then my response that I received after I paid was we don't have any information on this person name phone number or email address they provided zero information! But of course I was charged up the *SS anyway.

Response from Spokeo I., Spokeo Representative
Dear Christine,

doloress9
11/19/15

I trusted SPOKEO to be a serious business, however, after I used their services and discovered to be unsatisfactory, I canceled my account the same day and I called them to make sure it was canceled. Three months later my bank has notified me that SPOKEO had taken TWO payments on November 16, 2015, one payment was for $13.95 and a second payment for $17.85 , when I confronted them with this false charges they refused to recognize my claim saying they couldn't find any record of my account! Well, I wonder why would they have a record of my account if I had already CANCELED THREE MONTHS AGO??? Why am I still being charged for a service I am not receiving and why isn't my claim being honored and my money being REFUNDED? PLEASE I WANT JUSTICE and I want them to STOP STEALING MY MONEY NOW...

D.S.

Response from Spokeo I., Spokeo Representative
Dear Dolores,
We understand your concern and wish to assist in resolving this issue. Spokeo Subscriptions are set up to automatically renew so that those who do use our services on a regular basis can do so without service interruption. We are more than happy to comply with any customers wishes to terminate their account. Please contact a member of our Customer Care Team at 888-906-0850 and please provide your name, email address associated with your account, and the credit card that was used to make the purchase.
We're happy to help.
frankz26
11/18/15

Did .95 cent one-time look-up. What did I get Nothing!!! But a constant request for Up-charge!!! They will take your money and give you nothing. Don't listen to their bull$#*! responses on here... they are scam artists and nothing else.

Response from Spokeo I., Spokeo Representative
Dear Frank,
Please allow me to explain the charges associated with the specific subscription you selected. When you signed up you selected our Single Search with Premium Trial plan, which provided you with an initial $0.95 Single Record as well as additional free Premium access for 7 days. Unfortunately, because the trial was not cancelled within 7 days, a recurring subscription fee of $19.95 began to charge.​ We would be more than happy to issue a full refund to you for these charges. Please contact a member of our Customer Care team at your earliest convenience so we can assist you further.​
ginac25
11/17/15

dont give them your credit card I did a one time check for a few dollars i dont rember the exact amount and then i cancelled the same night-----they cont. to charge my account for 6 months 17.95 and when i called the female on the phone who was really nice and promptly started a refund lets see if i really get it she did say if you dont see it in a month call us back :( REALLY another scam because they prey on people who lives are really busy or have money mangers who havent asked them about the charge oh yeah and I changed my credit number and guess what? they automatic charged me--- transferred to the new card number the female on the other line admitted that they do that shame on them !!!! tricky little bast-----

Response from Spokeo I., Spokeo Representative
Dear Gina,
We understand your concern and wish to assist in resolving the issue. All Spokeo Subscriptions are set up to automatically renew, unless a single search is purchased. Details of exactly how much you will be billed, and how often said charges will be made, are detailed in our terms of use disclaimer which must be agreed to before any transactions can be made. This information is also sent in a confirmation email to the email address you provided when you signed up and is located in the section entitled "Managing your Spokeo Account". We apologize for any misunderstanding, or inconvenience this issue has caused. Please feel free to contact a member of our Customer Care team by calling 888-906-0850 at your earliest convenience should you have any further questions or concerns regarding this issue.
robertm252
11/17/15

Since they had my email address and credit card number, I assume I made a search, although I have no recollection of doing so and none at all of Spoken itself. When I called they said I had signed up for a subscription through April for 23.70, When I further complained, they issued a refund of $11 -- obviously not what I was looking for when I called (which was a total refund). I have no idea whether the site has any value, only that they ripped me off pretty good and I would not have realized it had I not checked my credit card bill carefully.

Response from Spokeo I., Spokeo Representative
Dear Robert,
We would like to thank you for addressing your concerns here, and are happy to assist in resolving this issue. All Spokeo subscriptions are set up to automatically renew, unless you purchase a single record search. We would be happy to issue a full refund, please contact a member of our Customer Care team by calling 888-906-0850 at your earliest convenience. We're happy to help.
christopherv15
11/17/15

So lets start at the beginning. A couple of weeks ago a friend of mine needed some information on someone so i went on this site and payed about one dollar for the search. The search provided me no extra information than what the free information provided. That's not the bad part though, About a week later I found a 20 dollar charge from Spokeo on my bank account. I immediately contacted support requesting a refund and asking what this charge was about. Apparently when i payed one dollar for that one search the site also signed me up for a monthly 20 dollar subscription. It did not clearly state that i was signing up for a subscription and I did not want or need the subscription, not to mention that i could not afford it. simple, just ask for a refund right? WRONG they told me that they could not issue a refund because I gave my consent and it was an auto payment. This started to anger me very much, It BARELY told me that i was signing up, if it did i would have canceled it. I've seen sites do that before, kind of a way of tricking the consumer. However, any other sites would have refunded me but not Spokeo, they refused to refund me, The charge was even still processing when I contacted them. I understand that if i physically gave my consent to sign up then it is my fault. But I did not want the subscription and If it was explained that i was signing up at all then it was probably some fine print at the bottom of the page. Even so, I should have received a refund and I am extremely upset with this entire situation. Not to mention the customer support took 3 days to respond (estimated 1-2 days). I will never do business with Spokeo again and would advise that anyone else follow.

-Edit 11/18/2015. After not giving up and emailing spokeo back they properly issued me a full refund without any questions. Due to the refund I have a small bit of respect for the company since they did in fact refund me. I advise that if anyone has the issue i have had above, Please don't give up because it was not your fault and once spokeo understands that point they will refund you. 1 Star changed to 3 stars for Support

gh407
11/17/15

You think you're only being charged .95 for a phone number lookup but if you don't CANCEL your SUBSCRIPTION- you don't know you signed up for with 7 days, you will be charged $19.95!!! When I called, they didn't even offer to refund the charge when I said I didn't sign up for it! RIP OFF!!!

Response from Spokeo I., Spokeo Representative
Dear GH,

We want to make sure that your experience with Spokeo Customer Care is a positive one. I personally would like to thank you for addressing your concerns, and am happy to assist in resolving this issue.

Please allow me to explain the charges associated with the specific subscription you selected. When you signed up you selected our Single Search with Premium Trial plan, which provided you with an initial $0.95 Single Record as well as additional free Premium access for 7 days. Unfortunately, because the trial was not cancelled within 7 days, a recurring subscription fee of $19.95 began to charge. I would be happy to issue a full refund for the charges associated with your account. Please feel free to contact me directly should you have any future questions or concerns regarding this matter by calling 888-906-0850 at your earliest convenience.

lauries28
11/14/15

Today I performed a search for a phone number and was charged 1.95, but never received the results from the search. When unable to log in to the site, I contacted customer service. The person I spoke with attempted to supply instructions to view my results. While I had been waiting to speak with him, I performed the same search on 411.com and got the number I needed for free (and with a lot less hassle). When I told him this and asked for a refund, he told me that was not possible. He then asked if I would like for him to perform a complimentary search and go over the results with me. I replied that what I wanted is to view what I paid for, so he again attempted to supply instructions to log in, but got frustrated with my insistence that he stay on the line with me until I was able to successfully log in and view the results I had paid for. Suddenly, he interrupted me to indicate that he had refunded my payment and closed my account. Again he tried to leave the phone call, but I requested a confirmation number and his name. He did provide a confirmation number for the refund and indicated that I will receive no further charges, but would only provide his first name. When I pressed for that information, he gave only an 'identifying employee number'. While I had been speaking with him, I was reading all of the bad reviews from individuals, indicating that their card was charged for a monthly membership after similarly paying for only one search result. To be certain that I wouldn't receive future charges to my card, I accepted his offer to connect me with a supervisor. After about 3 minutes on hold, he came back on the line saying he was about to connect me and then the call was disconnected. I never got to speak with a 'supervisor'. Warning to all: do NOT provide your payment information to this site. It's a ripoff and then you have the added worry that you may be charged for something in the future. I will check my credit card site daily until I see the charge has been refunded and will be vigilant about watching for future charges. What a total waste of time today!

Response from Spokeo I., Spokeo Representative
Dear Laurie,

We’re so sorry to hear that you weren't able to find what you were looking for, and for your experience contacting Customer Care. Our site showed "We Found a Match" because several of the result fields were populated. However, we’re sorry to hear that our service was unable to meet your expectations and provide a full name. Our phone listings typically can provide more information. Spokeo does not originate or create data, so our data reflects that of the original sources. We want to make sure that you are helped fully with your account, and we would like to get your feedback regarding your call to address this further with you. Please contact our Customer Care team at CustomerCare@spokeo.com or by calling 1-888-906-0850 and explain your concerns. Thank you!

randic2
11/8/15

I signed up for one profile search for 95 cents and they billed me for $19.95 and said that I didn't cancel my 7 day trial in time. What 7 day trial? I didn't know anything about a 7 day trial. I wouldn't have signed up for it if I had known.

As soon as I found this charge on my account I called them. It was on a Sunday. Surprised they answered. The representative said there was nothing he could do about it because it was my fault. I wasn't giving up. Then he said he could issue me a $9.95 credit. I said no I wanted a full credit. He said no. I asked to speak to a manager. He leaves and comes back and said he spoke to a manager and that he was authorized to issue me a full credit. Said I should receive it within 7 days.

I told him I saw all the complaints from people who are having the same problem I'm having. He said nothing.

Now I must wait to see if I get the credit. What a pain in the a#&!

Response from Spokeo I., Spokeo Representative
Dear Randi,

We would like to thank you for addressing your concerns, and are happy to assist in resolving this issue.

Please allow me to explain the charges associated with the specific subscription you selected. When you signed up you selected our Single Search with Premium Trial plan, which provided you with an initial $0.95 Single Record as well as additional free Premium access for 7 days. Unfortunately, because the trial was not cancelled within 7 days, a recurring subscription fee of $19.95 began to charge. We would be happy to issue a full refund associated with your account. Please contact a member of our Customer Care team by calling 888-906-0850 so we can further assist you.

jackiej23
11/6/15

These low life's repeatedly fraudulently charged my card for services I never asked for or used. BEWARE.

Response from Spokeo I., Spokeo Representative
Dear Jackie,

We want to make sure that your experience with Spokeo Customer Care is a positive one and wish to assist in resolving this issue. Please allow us to explain about Spokeo. We are a search engine that specializes in finding people. Many of our customers have had the opportunity to reunite with lost family, friends, and loved ones, and that is something we are proud to be a part of. We sincerely apologize for any misunderstanding, and any inconvenience this experience has caused. Please contact us directly by email at customercare@spokeo.com, or at 888-906-0850 we would be happy assist with this issue.

charityc3
11/4/15

I haven't actually put my information in to pay for spokeo... I am giving a bad review, because when I went to go pay, it had me logged into someone's account that I didn't even know... I was on my cellphone so it wasn't an issue where someone didn't log out either. Her card info was in there and everything. I'm so glad I looked before hitting submit, so that I didn't accidentally charge someone else! I googled this to see if this was a common problem, and hadn't found anything, so I wanted to put this in a review just in case someone else comes upon the same issue. I'm thinking about calling to inform the company, because that seems fishy and insecure to me. I won't be putting my card information into Spokeo. No thanks!

Response from Spokeo I., Spokeo Representative
Hi Charity,
Thank you for reaching out to us. We take situations like this very seriously and want to ensure you're helped. Please contact a member of our Customer Care Team at 888-906-0850 and explain your situation so we can investigate it further. Regarding your credit card information, Spokeo uses the highest level of encryption to ensure your information is protected when purchasing our services. We apologize for any inconvenience.
ronnc
10/24/15

THIS SITE IS A TOTAL SCAM AND FRAUD.
I paid my "premium" membership fee to find that fee covered ONLY email addresses. Each additional item one checks is an additional monthly fee. For example reverse phone numbers, name, address would be 3 added fees.
When I wanted a refund, they would only refund one-half of the $29.80 fee ($14.85).
Customer service representative was not very friendly; but, one could see why with all the complaints shown here.
SAVE YOUR $$$$. I'm still wondering how they continue to operate with so many unhappy former clients.

Response from Spokeo I., Spokeo Representative
Dear Ronn.
We want to make sure that your experience with Spokeo Customer Care is a positive one and wish to assist in resolving this issue. Please allow us to explain about Spokeo. We are a search engine that specializes in finding people. Many of our customers have had the opportunity to reunite with lost family, friends, and loved ones, and that is something we are proud to be a part of. We sincerely apologize for any misunderstanding, and any inconvenience this experience has caused. Please contact us directly by email at customercare@spokeo.com, or at 888-906-0850 we would be happy to give you a complimentary subscription to our Premium Services.

lynnettem2
10/22/15

No results, no money back. Joke, save your money !!!!
I signed up for 1 month, $13.95, THEY signed me up for 6 months, almost $30.00.
Did I mention, no results ?!?!?!?

Response from Spokeo I., Spokeo Representative
dear Lynnette,
We want to make sure that your experience with Spokeo Customer Care is a positive one and wish to assist in resolving this issue. Please allow us to explain about Spokeo. We are a search engine that specializes in finding people. Many of our customers have had the opportunity to reunite with lost family, friends, and loved ones, and that is something we are proud to be a part of. Our information comes from sources located in the Public Domain, and at times that data isn't always up to date. We sincerely apologize for any misunderstanding, and any inconvenience this experience has caused. Please feel free to contact us directly by email at customercare@spokeo.com, or at 888-906-0850 should you have any further questions or concerns regarding this issue.

The Spokeo Team

Watch for the $20 charge at the end of the month. They say a person is out, then the charge comes a month later. Had to cancel my card and get new # to keep them out of my wallet.

By Rich C.

inform your visa provider,they should stop the payments and get you a refund from when you cancelled the account.It worked for me as visa said they had numerous complaints about Spokeo.Hope you sort it out!

By frank b.

By Rich C.

Call them and cancel asap

By Erica k.

By Rich C.

I cancelled Spokeo service due to selling me misinformation or inaccurate information. I got this in writing from David at Spokeo. They are good about sending a letter about we are sorry about not meeting your expectations. Our terms of use states we can do this blah blah blah. After I cancelled this subscription and got this in writing from David, I got a new debit card from my bank. Spokeo found the NEW CARD and charged it. I took the problem to my bank and got a credit. Be very careful of these people, watch your bank statements.

By John H.

When you sign up for the special you are also signing up for a biz site. If you cancel Spokeo you must cancel both.

By Jim R.

Elias, query "spokeo lawsuits" on google. There have been numerous cases on this group. Spokeo..........if you are reading these complaints, I am wondering how you manage to get around the charge backs and still have a credit card company that works with you.

By John H.

Hello Darlene, I understand your concern and wish to assist in resolving this matter. Please allow me to explain about Spokeo. We are a search engine that specializes in finding people. Many of our customers have had the opportunity to reunite with lost family, friends, and loved ones, and that is something we are proud to be a part of. Our information comes from various sources located within the Public Domain such as public record data, surveys, and social data (that has not been deemed private). Spokeo makes this information more easily accessible for people to research themselves or others, and sometimes that information is not always up to date. I sincerely apologize for any misunderstanding, and any inconvenience this experience has caused. Please feel free to contact me by phone at 888-906-0850, or via email at CustomerCare@spokeo.com should you have any further questions or concerns regarding this issue. All the best, Spokeo Customer Care

By Spokeo I., Spokeo Representative

Dear Frederick, Thank you for reaching out to us. For questions regarding your Spokeo Subscription, please contact a member of our Customer Care team by calling 888-906-0850 at your earliest convenience. We are available 24/7 and happy to help with any questions or concerns you might have. Sincerely, Spokeo Customer Care

By Spokeo I., Spokeo Representative
Questions? Get answers from the Spokeo staff and other customers.

4 Photos for Spokeo