Review of SkinStore

Tel: 3103845948608
customerservice@skinstore.com

madisonk4
7/11/18

I have only ever placed two orders with SkinStore, the first of which was on 5/16/18, which never arrived and still hasnt as of the time I write this, 7/11/18. If you track it right now, it says shipped, not out for delivery or delivered and the last update being Friday, May 18th: Electronic Shipping Info Received at 2:17 PM Shepherdsville, KY.
Customer service was exceptional, and I was offered a replacement or a refund and promptly received the refund I asked for. On 7/2/18 I placed my second and likely last order with SkinStore. Fortunately, this one arrived on 7/11/18, today. Upon receiving the package, it was apparent that it had been either damaged or tampered with.
I opened it to find the Sunday Riley Ceramic Slip, U.F.O Oil, Brightening Enzyme Water Cream and a pouch of samples/freebies. No packing slip and no Sunday Riley Good Genes Lactic Acid Treatment. Upon contacting customer service, I was told However, as we have already had this issue before, we want to raise this with our courier and promptly emailed a disclaimer form to fill out, which says verbatim, I believe the above declaration is true to the best of my knowledge and belief. I understand to make a false statement could lead to prosecution. Any rational person would conclude that SkinStore is accusing me of making this up.
Which I am not, therefore, I have no problem whatsoever filling out the form. For SkinStore to not only fail a customer once, but now twice, and then accuse the customer of fabricating their complaint, when the ball was dropped on SkinStores end both times is equally as hurtful and insulting as it is unprofessional. Tired of the sagas and being belittled. I just wanted what I paid for.
Time to wait for the results of their "investigation" and cooperate with police... seriously skinstore?

Tip for consumers: My tip for others who might use this site? DONT

lynettem35
6/20/18

I ordered products that they send they would ship . Surprise back ordered so they sent them in three lots. Took the money and I have never received the goods. I have made phone call from new Zealand and sent so many emails and they have now decided they can't help me. We have a lawyer in the USA so we are going to look at legal action. It appears that this is standard practice for them we have had enough. I think they thought what can they do in new Zealand well they can think again. Buyer beware shop elsewhere.

yulongs
4/20/18

I purchase something from the holy skinstore two weeks ago. Initially the holy skinstore cancelled my order twice without any notice nor explanation. Later on when one of my order finally got dispatched, the package was intercepted right before scheduled delivery, which is today around lunch time. To chop off the possibility that I may contact the customer complaining the last minute order cancel by the holy skinstore, the holy "we-are-too-noble-to-service-our-customer" skinstore cancelled and deleted my account once for all. And of course my credit card was charged and now I end up without losing money and the order. What a brilliant and smart way to abuse and to cheat customers.
I don't know if skinstore does not like people to shop on its website or doing this just for fun. I tried to contact the live chat customer service immediately and got replied with "oh this is much higher than my paygrade and unfortunately I simply just cannot help with it".
I would say the holy skinstore is the industry pioneer and benchmark.

dees101
3/7/18

My first experience purchasing from them went flawlessly. The second purchase was the issue. They claimed to have one item out of stock out of my order yet they charged me for the entire order. They then after 3 months sent me an email to purchase the out of stock item again. I called in and was informed by so-called customer support person that no they still do not have the item in store. I informed her that most reputable companies do not charge before they ship out an item. She tells me I should have called in to request a refund once i did not receive the item. Her stupidity continued when I informed her that if I do not get a resolution today I will call the credit card company and do a charge back, which she then informs me I would be unable to order form them again! As if that is a prize! Someone needs to inform these morons in the age of the internet you pretty can get any product you wish from a plethora of vendors. What dubious company!

pamelak47
3/5/18

these people are the dumbest people I've ever dealt with.They send me a wrong order, I called and here it is it for a second time I received wrong item again. I swear I would never buy from these people again. Skinstore was prompt and reliable a few years ago somehow I believe they sold the company to dummies and now my order is never right for the last (3) orders. I don't even think I will call these dummies to complain about this again just quit buying from them.

robertb577
2/16/18

Don't waste your time on this company. I ordered some facial wash over a month ago. I was told that it was on back order 2 weeks ago and that it would be shipped this week. It wasn't. I contacted customer care who were just combative and refused to give me a refund or cancel the order. After I hung up with that "customer care" agent, I signed back in and spoke with another agent "Tamara" who said she would submit the order for a "cancel request". No guarantees, just a "request". She also stated that it would be up to them to decide on if there would be a fee to cancel. This place is a joke, save yourself the headache.

pll3
2/1/18

Order was two weeks late. After six emails and two lengthy online chat sessions, I was told to check back in three days to see if they had actually shipped the order. If not, I was told to contact them again! The agent blamed it on the warehouse and said there was nothing they could do. No effort was made to ship it expedited even though they admitted the problem was on their end. No courtesy extended. It was an expensive order and my credit card was charged the day the order was placed. I will not order from Skinstore again.

am11790
1/12/18

I ignored the countless terrible reviews only due to needing some items urgently and assuming them being one state away and assuring timely delivery was worth the risk. Sadly, mistaken.

They claim they dispatch packages within a day - false. My order was stuck in some ridiculous 'fetching stock' status for over 2 days. Apparently, their warehouse is on a different planet.
It then has taken 2 additional days for the package to be handed over to some unheard of courier. Note its day 4 and the item hasn't actually shipped at this point. Meanwhile, the order was promised to be delivered to me by this date.
In 3 days, I have left them 3 messages and haven't gotten a single reply from their "customer service". When I finally got a hold of someone via online chat and explained that I needed the order for a trip and that the estimated arrival date is way passed what was promised and the date of the trip, there was no apology. When asked, what happens with the package when no one's around to receive it and that the courier will just leave it at the door, the response was "no refund since package isn't returned".

So you're telling me you will be a week later than promised and will charge me for something that's going to sit outside my door (and eventually stolen) because no one is around to return it? BS!

susanb343
12/27/17

I placed an order on Dec 6 and got an email that my order had been "dispatched" on ec 6. The tracking info from some independent site said label created for weeks. The contact portal on the site asks you to print out a form and submit it? All the information is in their data base! Repeated attempts to reach them went unanswered until I submitted a dispute with the credit card company. Then magically, I got a response saying they are sending a replacement. NOT holding my breath. Oh well, there will be another Christmas next year for the intended recipient.

valb32
12/18/17

I ordered a product December 6, with arrival set for December 13. It's now December 18 and still not in shipping mode. When I click "contact us", I fill in all the details of my query, but there is no "send" button.
I ended up ordering on e-bay and got it in two days. It will be a surprise if I ever get this order.

jeremys103
12/10/17

I ordered testosterone booster from them
.all I had to pay ( what they led me to believe) was shipping and handling..3 weeks and 189.00 later I catch it on my bank statement..they will not reimburse you..i got caught in the scam as well

dennise36
12/8/17

This company is a "Has Been !!" you can now get most products on Amazon now. I just made my last order with Skincare............phone numbers that do not work, no reply to message center.

They need to make their logo: " I am really sorry about your issue !"

Since the ownership changed, they are now totally unreliable.

Go with Amazon.........they are an excellent company with real telephone numbers and you can talk with real people.

Dennis
PEI, Canada

geraldd29
12/6/17

I purchased several Suki products for this company. Instead of what I ordered, they sent me 3 tiny sample bottles of the product. After a big hassle, they agreed to take them back. Ive been waiting 2 months for a refund which I still dont have. Their phone number is useless. Have sent them 20 emails......just get lip service back. Stay away. Worst customer service I have ever experienced.

andream182
12/5/17

I have been ordering from Skinstore.com for well over 10 years. Customer service and attention to detail is horrible the past year or two. In my most recent order, over $700, there was one product line not eligible for the site-wide discount but I ordered anyway. Two days later I get an email telling me it was my "final chance to get 20% off" that specific product line. First of all, I never got any other email letting me know I had a first chance. I called customer service and told them about this and thought it would be fair to give me a credit on my order. My request was met with "we are not able to issue credits or price adjustments" after an order is placed. We are in the computer age people, many (most) stores do it. Figure it out! While I could not get upset with the woman at customer service (her employer's policy), I was frustrated. She checked with her manager and told me they could put a credit in my account in the amount of $145, representing the 20% off that product line. This was a week ago and not surprising, I am still waiting for the credit to appear in my online account. Will never, ever order from this site again!

dawnb111
12/4/17

Do not order from skin store

While I am pleased to say after writing a harsh review on trust pilot they did get back to me it is nine days later and they have finally given me a legitimate tracking number that shows my $182. Whats of products is now at their partner shipping center and USPS is waiting for it Im not sure how it takes nine days. I have a very bad feeling about this and I would love to be able to give them a positive post

heidit20
11/28/17

Dealing with this company has been a nightmare. When the order shipped, the tracking link worked. Then a few days after it was supposed to arrive the link didn't work. I have messaged Skinstore several times and they will not provide me the tracking number. Now they are asking me to print off a form and fill it out by hand and scan it back to them in order to do an "investigation". Absolutely, ridiculous. I keep asking for the tracking information and they cannot provide it even though it was originally available.

dg121
11/14/17

Got a bar code scanner handle instead of the product I ordered. Mailed them 3 times with pictures of the handle with no response. Handle would appear to have more value to them than the product I ordered--but no interest from their CS. Gave up tossed the handle & wrote it off as my poor decision to do business with skin store. One star says it all!

sn292
11/7/17

EDIT: 30th November 2017

Perhaps I was a little harsh.
Having savaged The Hut Group in several reviews following the debacle of my first order with them, I have to say I'm quietly impressed with the efforts they've gone to, to turn it around.
Though it's possible I may never have heard from them had I not lodged such a scathing review, I guess that's the whole point of the review system; for companies to try to make amends for a bad shopping experience, and to learn from it. (And for those companies who don't, or who aren't interested in making amends, well, let the review stand, and it will ultimately be to their detriment).
If a company makes sincere and genuine efforts to right the wrongs then I have to give credit where credits due. I had my own ideas on how they could turn a negative into a positive, and they went above and beyond even my own expectations, so full points to them for that.
They contacted me by email and directly by phone, damaged products were quickly replaced and they offered a store credit to use for a future purchase.
In hindsight perhaps it was just bad timing. My order was placed shortly before a change of ownership (moving from an Australian-base to a U.K. base) and having been through two corporate mergers myself, I know those first weeks and months can be chaotic.
I still think The Hut Group should slow down on the acquisitions front until they get their own house in order, but it appears that's happening. The replacement items were received within just a few days and my only complaint is that they could have been more securely packed. Other than that the second experience couldn't have been more different to the first.
For their follow-up efforts I'm willing to give them another go.

ORIGINAL REVIEW: 7th November 2017

The Skin Store and The Skincare Store were taken over in 2016 by U.K. company The Hut Group - who seem to be madly buying up and taking over every small competitor that comes within their sights (100 just in 2017 alone) with ESPA, Illamasqua and Glossy Box being the latest casualties.
The Hut Group specialise in lost orders, denials, sly business practices, double-speak and long waits (that's IF you even get your products) and, above all - avoiding contact with the customer at all costs.
I ordered 3 items in June. And it took 16 emails and 5 international phone calls from me before it was finally sent out 4 MONTHS LATER.
I initially wanted to just cancel the order and demanded a refund - which they refused (of course they would) - because they said it's been so long and you haven't bothered to get in touch !!!!
Really?
16 emails is not getting in touch?
Where did they go? Someone at their end was replying to them - I wasn't just talking to myself. They weren't just detouring off into the ether. Missing in action.
This alone tells me how disorganised and shambolic they are.
So you've got no hope of a resolution if an order or a payment goes missing - which I understand happens A LOT (and why does that not surprise me).
While the past owners of The Skin Store and The Skincare Store probably worked extremely hard for many years to build a loyal following and a good reputation, bear in mind there's been a take-over and the original owners are long gone.
In their place is a company who thinks all customers should be treated with the contempt they deserve.

mariah138
10/24/17

This place is the worst! It is bearable if you get your order and you don't have any problems with an order if so they are the WORST! I stopped ordering from them because they don't take care of their customers especially if you didn't receive an order it will take forever before they respond just like it took forever for my order to never arrive. Try Beautylish, Skin 1 which offers great discounts or even Sephora or LovelySkin anyone is better then SkinStore.

heatherm192
10/12/17

I tried to use Skinstore to order a few products I use regularly as they are an authorized distributor of them. After placing my order and having it show 'in process' for a day, it disappeared. I emailed them and was told they had no idea why but to reorder. I then placed another order, received an email saying it could not be processed ( credit card) for security concerns. No specifics for me to correct or amend, that order disappears too. Then emails start to appear saying my original order has not shipped, but there is no order on my customer page. Four emails to them later ( their contact us portion of their webpage is clunky), no order and no apparent interest in keeping a customer trying to spend several hundred dollars.

danielles131
10/11/17

I ordered my product about a month ago. It was sitting at one location for weeks so I contacted skin store and they basically told me to contact the shipping company because they can't do anything unless they have the product. I should NOT have to contact the shipping company as a costumer. But I did, My package was declared lost or damaged by the shipping company. Skin store is refusing to give me a refund or ship a new product because they do not have the product back that has been declared lost or damaged and there was a typo in the address. DO NOT RECOMMEND. Terrible costumer service!!

nathalied6
9/4/17

I am extremely surprised by the flow of negative reviews that this company is generating. My own experience with this company has always been good. The quality of the products I purchased is excellent, I never had to return anything. They send plenty of samples that make sense based on the type of products I buy. Their sitewide sale truly includes most of their brands, unlike some of their competitors like dermstore which advertises sitewide sale when in fact only a handful of brands participate. There was never any "scam", any expired products.

chonlamass
9/1/17

I placed an order Elizabeth Arden
skin illuminating Brightening Night 50
capsules. But there is only 47 capsules.
I don 't know what's happened with my package.
I tried to ask customer service but norespond

kayc85
8/14/17

This company is now sh$t!. Bought over USD600 of products but never showed up. After 2.5 month still no refund and I have to wait wait and wait. Contacted customer service a dozen of times but nothing resolved. It's not my problem the parcel was never shipped and the replacement parcel was never delivered. I have paid upfront and am being penalised
for someone else's fault. Sorry but I have no patience left after 2.5 months after my money is taken and after contacting customer service more than 10 times and repeating my problem again and again! Will NEVER SHOP HERE EVER AGAIN!!!!!! I'm furious and FRUSTRATED!!!!!

djunaw
8/1/17

I use to order from skinstore years ago when they would send their catalogs. You could always talk to someone in customer service, they were very helpful. Now you cannot reach anyone at the number provided. The product I ordered was Z Bigatti Re-storation treatment. I have used this for years. When I received my order this cream is nothing like the real thing even though I paid $150.00 for it. I can't afford this, but it's the only thing that works for a condition I have on my face. It hurts to get scammed. I wish I could talk to someone Buyer beware don't waste your money

45 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Hello. Thank you for your question. All products on SkinStore.com are authentic and they come directly from the manufacturer. All Obagi products are shipped to us from Obagi directly. If you have any other questions, please feel free to contact us at customerservice@skinstore.com. We're always happy to help. Thank you!

By Chris S., SkinStore Representative

Questions? Get answers from the SkinStore staff and other customers.

3 Photos for SkinStore