Review of SkinStore

SkinStore reviews

Tel: 3103845948608

jeremys103
12/10/17

I ordered testosterone booster from them
.all I had to pay ( what they led me to believe) was shipping and handling..3 weeks and 189.00 later I catch it on my bank statement..they will not reimburse you..i got caught in the scam as well

dennise27
12/8/17

This company is a "Has Been !!" you can now get most products on Amazon now. I just made my last order with Skincare............phone numbers that do not work, no reply to message center.

They need to make their logo: " I am really sorry about your issue !"

Since the ownership changed, they are now totally unreliable.

Go with Amazon.........they are an excellent company with real telephone numbers and you can talk with real people.

Dennis
PEI, Canada

geraldd29
12/6/17

I purchased several Suki products for this company. Instead of what I ordered, they sent me 3 tiny sample bottles of the product. After a big hassle, they agreed to take them back. Ive been waiting 2 months for a refund which I still dont have. Their phone number is useless. Have sent them 20 emails......just get lip service back. Stay away. Worst customer service I have ever experienced.

andream182
12/5/17

I have been ordering from Skinstore.com for well over 10 years. Customer service and attention to detail is horrible the past year or two. In my most recent order, over $700, there was one product line not eligible for the site-wide discount but I ordered anyway. Two days later I get an email telling me it was my "final chance to get 20% off" that specific product line. First of all, I never got any other email letting me know I had a first chance. I called customer service and told them about this and thought it would be fair to give me a credit on my order. My request was met with "we are not able to issue credits or price adjustments" after an order is placed. We are in the computer age people, many (most) stores do it. Figure it out! While I could not get upset with the woman at customer service (her employer's policy), I was frustrated. She checked with her manager and told me they could put a credit in my account in the amount of $145, representing the 20% off that product line. This was a week ago and not surprising, I am still waiting for the credit to appear in my online account. Will never, ever order from this site again!

dawnb111
12/4/17

Do not order from skin store

While I am pleased to say after writing a harsh review on trust pilot they did get back to me it is nine days later and they have finally given me a legitimate tracking number that shows my $182. Whats of products is now at their partner shipping center and USPS is waiting for it Im not sure how it takes nine days. I have a very bad feeling about this and I would love to be able to give them a positive post

heidit20
11/28/17

Dealing with this company has been a nightmare. When the order shipped, the tracking link worked. Then a few days after it was supposed to arrive the link didn't work. I have messaged Skinstore several times and they will not provide me the tracking number. Now they are asking me to print off a form and fill it out by hand and scan it back to them in order to do an "investigation". Absolutely, ridiculous. I keep asking for the tracking information and they cannot provide it even though it was originally available.

dg121
11/14/17

5 consumer review sites on line? Hundreds of reviews--all negative. I was going to leave a bad service review but appears unnecessary.

sn292
11/7/17

EDIT: 30th November 2017

Perhaps I was a little harsh.
Having savaged The Hut Group in several reviews following the debacle of my first order with them, I have to say I'm quietly impressed with the efforts they've gone to, to turn it around.
Though it's possible I may never have heard from them had I not lodged such a scathing review, I guess that's the whole point of the review system; for companies to try to make amends for a bad shopping experience, and to learn from it. (And for those companies who don't, or who aren't interested in making amends, well, let the review stand, and it will ultimately be to their detriment).
If a company makes sincere and genuine efforts to right the wrongs then I have to give credit where credits due. I had my own ideas on how they could turn a negative into a positive, and they went above and beyond even my own expectations, so full points to them for that.
They contacted me by email and directly by phone, damaged products were quickly replaced and they offered a store credit to use for a future purchase.
In hindsight perhaps it was just bad timing. My order was placed shortly before a change of ownership (moving from an Australian-base to a U.K. base) and having been through two corporate mergers myself, I know those first weeks and months can be chaotic.
I still think The Hut Group should slow down on the acquisitions front until they get their own house in order, but it appears that's happening. The replacement items were received within just a few days and my only complaint is that they could have been more securely packed. Other than that the second experience couldn't have been more different to the first.
For their follow-up efforts I'm willing to give them another go.

ORIGINAL REVIEW: 7th November 2017

The Skin Store and The Skincare Store were taken over in 2016 by U.K. company The Hut Group - who seem to be madly buying up and taking over every small competitor that comes within their sights (100 just in 2017 alone) with ESPA, Illamasqua and Glossy Box being the latest casualties.
The Hut Group specialise in lost orders, denials, sly business practices, double-speak and long waits (that's IF you even get your products) and, above all - avoiding contact with the customer at all costs.
I ordered 3 items in June. And it took 16 emails and 5 international phone calls from me before it was finally sent out 4 MONTHS LATER.
I initially wanted to just cancel the order and demanded a refund - which they refused (of course they would) - because they said it's been so long and you haven't bothered to get in touch !!!!
Really?
16 emails is not getting in touch?
Where did they go? Someone at their end was replying to them - I wasn't just talking to myself. They weren't just detouring off into the ether. Missing in action.
This alone tells me how disorganised and shambolic they are.
So you've got no hope of a resolution if an order or a payment goes missing - which I understand happens A LOT (and why does that not surprise me).
While the past owners of The Skin Store and The Skincare Store probably worked extremely hard for many years to build a loyal following and a good reputation, bear in mind there's been a take-over and the original owners are long gone.
In their place is a company who thinks all customers should be treated with the contempt they deserve.

mariah138
10/24/17

This place is the worst! It is bearable if you get your order and you don't have any problems with an order if so they are the WORST! I stopped ordering from them because they don't take care of their customers especially if you didn't receive an order it will take forever before they respond just like it took forever for my order to never arrive. Try Beautylish, Skin 1 which offers great discounts or even Sephora or LovelySkin anyone is better then SkinStore.

heatherm192
10/12/17

I tried to use Skinstore to order a few products I use regularly as they are an authorized distributor of them. After placing my order and having it show 'in process' for a day, it disappeared. I emailed them and was told they had no idea why but to reorder. I then placed another order, received an email saying it could not be processed ( credit card) for security concerns. No specifics for me to correct or amend, that order disappears too. Then emails start to appear saying my original order has not shipped, but there is no order on my customer page. Four emails to them later ( their contact us portion of their webpage is clunky), no order and no apparent interest in keeping a customer trying to spend several hundred dollars.

danielles131
10/11/17

I ordered my product about a month ago. It was sitting at one location for weeks so I contacted skin store and they basically told me to contact the shipping company because they can't do anything unless they have the product. I should NOT have to contact the shipping company as a costumer. But I did, My package was declared lost or damaged by the shipping company. Skin store is refusing to give me a refund or ship a new product because they do not have the product back that has been declared lost or damaged and there was a typo in the address. DO NOT RECOMMEND. Terrible costumer service!!

nathalied6
9/4/17

I am extremely surprised by the flow of negative reviews that this company is generating. My own experience with this company has always been good. The quality of the products I purchased is excellent, I never had to return anything. They send plenty of samples that make sense based on the type of products I buy. Their sitewide sale truly includes most of their brands, unlike some of their competitors like dermstore which advertises sitewide sale when in fact only a handful of brands participate. There was never any "scam", any expired products.

chonlamass
9/1/17

I placed an order Elizabeth Arden
skin illuminating Brightening Night 50
capsules. But there is only 47 capsules.
I don 't know what's happened with my package.
I tried to ask customer service but norespond

kayc85
8/14/17

This company is now sh$t!. Bought over USD600 of products but never showed up. After 2.5 month still no refund and I have to wait wait and wait. Contacted customer service a dozen of times but nothing resolved. It's not my problem the parcel was never shipped and the replacement parcel was never delivered. I have paid upfront and am being penalised
for someone else's fault. Sorry but I have no patience left after 2.5 months after my money is taken and after contacting customer service more than 10 times and repeating my problem again and again! Will NEVER SHOP HERE EVER AGAIN!!!!!! I'm furious and FRUSTRATED!!!!!

djunaw
8/1/17

I use to order from skinstore years ago when they would send their catalogs. You could always talk to someone in customer service, they were very helpful. Now you cannot reach anyone at the number provided. The product I ordered was Z Bigatti Re-storation treatment. I have used this for years. When I received my order this cream is nothing like the real thing even though I paid $150.00 for it. I can't afford this, but it's the only thing that works for a condition I have on my face. It hurts to get scammed. I wish I could talk to someone Buyer beware don't waste your money

bjorna5
7/29/17

My order never arrived. It seems that they have never shipped it or that it got lost somehow. And now over a month after my order, Im stuck with the support-team at Skinstore that are just seems to manage emails instead of either resend my products or do a refund.
I cannot recommend buying from Skinstore.com

kongc1
7/5/17

Brought a Luna 2 ($130+ USD) from this company. The shipping took forever. Apparently you can't open the item and touch it. Once you touch it, it's yours. Why do you even have return policy?

agnieszkac1
5/19/17

This company has awful customer service, with no resolution, only a rep that argued with me. The codes they send are misleading, the Cart says one price but then a different price is charged. Terrible experience. Definitely will not buy here again.

kcc16
5/14/17

They sent me an expired Glytone product and won't do the proper thing of apologizing and exchanging it....unbelievable. I've ordered a lot from them over the years bc of their good sales/ promotions and never had an issue before. Now that I looked into their returns policy on their website, it has a link that takes you to another site where you need a "username" and password to view what their return policy is!...RED FLAG!

With these kinds of shady business practices, they've lost a customer for life. Beware! We all have plenty of other options to get good online deals!

temreej
4/25/17

I have been a REAL skinstore.com customer for years and years. I thought something was odd when I started getting emails every day or every other day with discount codes for whatever reason. I did try to use one and it kept telling me that the code was invalid. Then I was sent a code to get me to come back to them and when I used it I had $369 worth of product in my cart and the 25% coupon was only taking off $13. Needless to say I did not go through with the order. Also, I bought a TNS product which turned out to be the wrong one and they do not sent shipping labels anymore in their boxes. There is NOTHING in the box except your wrapped product and now things come from The Hut Group, which I researched to be in the United Kingdom. I have tried emailing them and they never answer back. I also bought a Vitamin C serum which I need to return because it makes any kind of primer or make-up pill up and rub off during the day. Do you think I will be able to? NO! There is nowhere to return items, they don't return emails, they are not on the Better Businees Bureau or Google or Yelp! I want to write a bad review for them on any site possible because they are FRAUDULENT and should not be allowed to do business. No one should be able to sell a product and not put in a return label or have any way of returning an item. NO ONE should be allowed to have a business where you can't get in touch with a customer service representative. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE read the other comments on here and take heed and do not get caught in their trap. Who knows? Maybe their just trying to unload product before they go out of business themselves. They own tons of companies and have their hand in quite a few cookie jars. I am going to try to start posting reviews on their other companies so they can at least know that they're not dealing with an honest company. The SkinStore now is NOT the real Skinstore. Don't get duped! P.S. I purposely didn't even give them one star but I'm not allowed to make the post unless I do so they get one start because of the loophole of this site. They should get negative stars they are so bad!

vm49
4/20/17

Horrible since bought by a UK company. DECEPTIVE Business Practices. Will NOT honor refund policy stated on web site under "returns and refunds". NOT the same SkinStore which I used to love!!!

lisas410
4/17/17

I received an email with tracking number when my order allegedly shipped. Tracking number was "not found" per shipper. Called skin store, they said no tracking on my order????? They've no idea where my order is, but I have to allow 14 days from time it shipped!!!!! If it's known it was going to take so long, I never would have ordered. I suggest you consider another vendor.

marib88
4/6/17

Horrible

I have bought over $1000 worth of products from this company. I recently bought a "Recovery" complex which has caused me to break out and scab over. I looked and am within the 30 day refund period they cite. But when I wrote customer service, she said they don't accept anything that's been opened. I said I can send evidence - pictures of my face - but she said that wouldn't help. I will not order from Skin Store again and will take my business elsewhere.

sophieg17
4/5/17

I will NEVER EVER use this site again. I ordered a skin product which I discovered once it had arrive it was past its expirey date. I had to send recoded delivery overseas to return it for them to send yet another one which had already expired. NEVER EVER used them they're are terrible

ellenk20
3/30/17

Terrible shipping and customer service. Never received my product. When I contacted them they emailed a form to print, fill out and send back to them. Meanwhile I am out money and no products. Buyer beware

45 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Hello. Thank you for your question. All products on SkinStore.com are authentic and they come directly from the manufacturer. All Obagi products are shipped to us from Obagi directly. If you have any other questions, please feel free to contact us at customerservice@skinstore.com. We're always happy to help. Thank you!

By Chris S. [SkinStore Rep]

Questions? Get answers from the SkinStore staff and other customers.

SkinStore?