SimpleSwap

SimpleSwap has a consumer rating of 3.84 stars from 42 reviews indicating that most customers are generally satisfied with their purchases. Consumers satisfied with SimpleSwap most frequently mention support team. SimpleSwap ranks 63rd among Cryptocurrency sites.

This company responds to reviews on average within 12 days

Positive reviews (last 12 months): 61.9%
How would you rate SimpleSwap?

“Nice one”

Kate M.
6/21/21

In general, this is a good exchanger, neva let me down. Of course, there are may be some delays, but mostly it's not even their fault, (liquidity provider or sudden changes in the current rates during the process) But such problems can occur in any other place too... So its up to people, but i love this place. I have been using it for 2 years. Everything is fine. I don't understand why some people are unhappy with it

“Scam alert!”

Bill S.
3/27/21

This is a scam! They get your first swap smoothly, then when you commit to other transactions they become shysters. Been waiting almost 8hours after my transaction cleared Coinbase and they're still saying it's "due to liquidity" or they're "asking their partners". Trying to get some dialogue from them and only get what looks like bot responses or broken English. Not sure how they're still in business. Still haven't received my crypto. Contacting SEC, FBI, and IG. Stay away from these crooks!

bills1478
March 27th, 2021

Tip for consumers:
Stay away from this scam site

Dear Bill,
We are deeply sorry that you have encountered this issue.
Unfortunately, your swap has been stuck at the payout stage. But please don't worry, your funds are safe and the exchange process has already been completed.
Once again we apologize for any inconvenience caused!

keitht248
April 25th, 2021

Like Bill S from 3/27/21 I had exact same thing happen. First transaction went smooth and quick on 3/23/21, now second on 4/11 they start their crap. Take your coins then nothing! When you email about transaction, they ask for pictures, then videos, then transaction picture, then transaction hash text, then exchange ID, then moree and more BS. I too had to contact, Coinbase, Youtube, local police and now FBI cyber crimes department. Stay away from these scammers!

Tip for consumers:
Don't use these scammers.

Hi Keith,

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience!
Could you please provide us with the ticket number, so we can look into your issue deeply?

trevorb138
April 19th, 2021

A week ago I twice swapped ADA for THETA on SimpleSwap. All went well, took less than 20 minutes. I attempted a third swap four days ago and SimpleSwap has taken my coins and will not return them. Based on a few internet reviews, SimpleSwap uses the same language with everyone they steal from: "technical issue", "stuck on our liquidity providers' side", "we need more time to proceed this exchange", etc. Meanwhile they typically reply to further inquiries with robotic scripted answers such as "We will be back with update within X hours", "Thank you for understanding", "Your question will be forwarded to the management department for further clarification", etc. I really wanted to trust them and give them ample time to right the ship. However, after four days of inept replies, it is crystal clear that they had no intention of dong so. Say away from SimpleSwap if you value your assets.

Hi Trevor,

We deeply apologize for any inconvenience and would like to make sure that we always do our best to resolve any issue as fast as we can.
Some cases might take a bit longer due to the issues on our liquidity partner side, but it will be resolved for sure.

mohammedc33
March 31st, 2021

Simpleswap scammed me. I sent Bitcoin to exchange for another coin and they kept my Bitcoin for no reason except that they are looking into it: whatever that means. Its been over 2 weeks now. I have seen other reviews on trust pilit and reddit threads mentioning similar scams by simpleswap. The majority of reviews are fake. Be careful people and deal with a reputable exchange. UPDATE 5/4/21 now they have replied with lies. They are a none KYC exchange and I sent them everything and the kitchen sink and they never replied back but they reply back here with lies. These people need to go to jail. Absolute criminals.

Hello Mohammed,
Thank you for your feedback.
Your exchange was made through our partner.
The partner has an automated risk prevention system implemented through which each transaction passes. If a transaction is marked suspicious by this system, the exchange is delayed and the customer in question is then asked to pass KYС. According to European AML directives, KYC regulations and platform requirements, we asked you to provide us with a scan of your ID document valid in your country and additional information of funds origin. Transactions are evaluated on a variety of factors such as a deposit wallet and the address of receipt, amount, time and frequency of circulation. Unfortunately, your funds were reported as involved in illegal activities.
We can find more info about KYC procedure on our service: https://simpleswap.io/blog/the-kyc-procedure-on-simpleswap
We have already received the required information from you and sent it to our security department. We will defenitely inform you as soon as we receive any update from them.
Hope for your understanding and patience.

barryn66
May 25th, 2021

My first transaction went smoothly. Then I had one where the tokens never arrived. Refunded. Foolishly, I tried again. I had a success and then a failure. Had to go through 20 emails and eventually a video capture of my screen. Again, got a refund. Their email says "Unfortunately, there was a one-time technical issue with Helium." Not true. At that point, it happened twice. I asked if there was something I might do differently. Got the answer below:

We just get a response from the technical department. Our system could not correctly determine the deposit, this could be due to the following reasons:

- the exchange could have been created not for a unique amount;
- your coins came with a delay.

To avoid such situations, we recommend that you create an exchange for a unique amount, such as 123.4758 and send exactly this amount. Also, send coins immediately after creating an exchange, without delays.

In the end, I got my token back twice. Am now on email #4 with regard to getting tokens back on fail #3. If it is a scam, I'm not sure how the scam works. Perhaps they wait for people to give up. Seems more like gross incompetence to me.

Hi Barry!

Thank you for sharing your experience, we will definitely investigate this issue more deeply.
We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.

billk455
December 2nd, 2020

There are several month i use the SimpleSwap to make exchanges. I can say that i like the provided service. They work pretty quickly, and if there are some technical problems or if i have some doubts about the platform functions - they answer in 5 min. Highly recommend!

Hi Bill,

Thank you for the review. Our support team is always ready to help. Hope to see you soon on SimpleSwap!

mt424
February 23rd, 2021

TLDR; SimpleSwap won't send your coins if exchange rates change unfavorably for them, and will hold onto your coins waiting for them to improve in their favor. Otherwise they hold them hostage unless you want to accept fewer coins. Customer service will make up lies as needed.

*I'm posting here because they actively advertise (spam) on this sub regularly, and people have a right to know how they operate.

I recently sent several thousand USD worth of coins to SimpleSwap. They received the coins very quickly, confirmed it, then it was stuck on "exchanging" for hours. 24 hours went by, and I reached out to customer service, who eventually responded to say that it was a "one time technical issue" and that the engineers were working on resolving it. By the second day, they reached back out to say that the problem really was that the exchange rates have changed, and so the transaction had been automatically suspended as a result to protect my funds. SimpleSwap said they'll only be willing to send me fewer coins but not the originally agreed amount.

I replied and said that the new rate only negatively affects them, not me, and that they should send the correct amount of coins as agreed. SimpleSwap then claimed that actually the problem is really that I chose "floating rate" instead of "fixed rate" (which is a lie, I always have chosen fixed rate). This is obviously incorrect as had I chosen floating rate, the transaction would have gone through automatically since it would have made them more money, which itself is the reason I never choose floating rate.

So basically, if rates change, SimpleSwap only send the coin if rates change in their favor, otherwise they won't send you the agreed amount. Here it is over two days later and SimpleSwap still has my coins, and are holding them hostage unless I want to accept fewer coins, and they're making up multiple lies to try and cover themselves.

Stay away

Hi Michael,

Thank you for sharing your experience! As we can see, your swap was created at the floating rate, not fixed. You can verify it on the exchange page: if you create the swap at the floating rate - you will see "~" symbol on th exchange page. If the swap was created at the fixed rate - you can see "=" symbol and 20 minutes time window for the deposit.

Indeed, your swap was stuck due to the one-time technical issue. That's why we have offered you a refund or complete the swap at the current rate.

We understand your dissatisfaction in this situation and we will do our best to issue a full refund to your address as soon as only possible.
We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

jamesm4758
May 1st, 2021

Refuse to compete my swap after receiving my funds Even with the tx hash, wallet addresses, etc they refuse to return the funds or complete it or even look for it on their system.

Dear James,

Thank you for letting us know about this situation!

Could you please provide your ticket number so that we can look into your issue in more detail? You can provide it as an update to this review. Thank you!

joela172
March 25th, 2021

Your company couldn't handle the volume from the Theta pump and didn't honor the original terms of my swap. It took two days to process my transaction and I lost 35% of my money due to your negligence. "David" was rude and unhelpful, I will not be returning and advise everyone to say away.

Dear customer,
Your review is very concerning to us!
Could you please provide your ticket number or any details of your order so that we can look into your issue? Otherwise, you can contact our support team (support@simpleswap.io).
We are sure that there is a misunderstanding between us. Please let us know about your issue so that we can explain the situation or try to fix it. Thank you!

katem614
June 21st, 2021

Hi Kate!

Thank you for sharing your positive experience with us. We are always ready to help you with any issue. Please feel free to contact us for any question.
Have a nice week.

faridm11
July 7th, 2021

For those who understand how everything is tripled, everything seems simple and correct. I'm really surprised how many bad reviews people give to great services simply because they don't understand the situation
I use this service all the time - most often everything goes well, but there are rate jumps, there is network overloading that can cause delays
These guys always helped me and explained the situation, even gave advice not related to their service for which many thanks to all of them

Hi Farid!

Thank you for your positive review. We always do our best for the customers. We are always ready to help you with any issue. Feel free to contact us for any doubt.

hamab
June 20th, 2021

I use them quite often. Most of the swaps are executed in 15-20 minutes, of course, sometimes I had to wait for 1.5-2 hours to receive my crypto, but never were issues that I didn't get my coins. They're a trusted team! If you have issues with them, their support team will help you to understand what is the issue, don't hurry to show them as scammers.

mikeo560
April 20th, 2021

Simpleswap cant even complete a simpleswap they should change their name to simplesteal. Here we are 5 days after an attempt to swap a small amount of BTC. Transaction never happened! After 19 back and forth emails still no resolution. It is clear that they will hold your coins if the exchange rate changes before they complete it. They took my BTC in less than 5 minutes and never completed the swap and would not return the coins. They are criminals I will never use them again. Think twice before using simpleswap There are safer alternatives I learned the hard way. Hopefully they become a casualty of Progress and be held accountable for all their illegal activity. I will be letting everyone I know plus spreading this far and wide on Facebook and twitter Daily!

Tip for consumers:
Avoid at all costs. If you absolutely need to use simpleswap at least do the minimum and make additional swaps you never know which one they will hold up
Best of Luck

Products used:
tried to execute a simpleswap of BTC----TFuel

Hi Mike,

Thank you for letting us know about the issue!
Could you please provide us with the ticket number, so we will be able to check if the issue was resolved?

jesses371
April 23rd, 2021

This site is a joke... they took $200 worth of doge coin... after 24 hours I never received the exchange... after about 20 emails customer service said I was refunded...

This is a scam do not use

I finally received a refund, with less tokens than I started with... waste of time

Do not use

Tokena

Hi Jesse,

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience!
Please note that crypto should not be compared to $ as we don't involve fiat in any of our crypto-to-crypto exchanges and the prices of involved coins are subject to constant change.

Feel free to contact us with any questions!

alhassani
May 7th, 2021

Update: As you can see below in their reply, this is exactly their scamming technique! You may refer to many similar negative experiences with them on the Internet where they followed the same scamming technique. I will not rest until I receive my full right. I reported the case and I will take all the legal procedures to shut down their website in the EU.
I am reporting here my awful experience with SimpleSwap showing with clear evidence that it is a scam and I have all proofs & documentsatiom. What happened? Yesterday, I made an exchange on their website using a flat rate exchange. After I sent the amount and its status is confirmed on the blockchain, they refuse to compete my swap after receiving my funds Even with the hash, wallet addresses, etc. Similar to what I found on other internet reviews (hopefully I had found those reviews before I used their service), they used the same language with everyone they steal from: "we need to confirm the status on the block chain", "technical issue", "we need more time to proceed this exchange", etc. Meanwhile they typically reply to further inquiries with robotic scripted answers such as " We appreciate your patience.", "Thank you for understanding", etc. I realised their trick, they won't send my coins if exchange rates change unfavorably for them! They hold onto my coins waiting for them to improve in their favour unless I want to accept fewer coins. Their customer service kept makeing up lies. The amount they stole from me: 0.02737323 BTC Exchange ID is: ThcLzbhQWxE Final message to SimpleSwap: I will also take all the legal procedures according to the EU laws to report your website to be shutdown. Trust me, I will not rest until I receive my right. I will also report this scam on all different social media channels (I have a significant amount of followers on Twitter!) I assure you that everyone will know that you are a scam and all the legal procedures will be followed to shut down your website. Final advice to for consumers: stay away from this scam site!

Tip for consumers:
Final advice to for consumers: stay away from this scam site!

Hi Alhassan,

Thank you for letting us know about the issue.

As we can see, your swap has been delayed because it’s required to receive 60 confirmations for BTG deposit. Unfortunately, we cannot ignore the transaction confirmation process. It's necessary to be sure that we get full control over the funds to complete the swap.

Unfortunately, the confirmation process took more than 10 hours in this case, so we have offered you to complete the swap at the current rate or issue a refund. You’ve preferred to complete the swap, the floating current rate was ~0.377353 BTC and you’ve accepted it.

The swap was completed within 22 minutes after your confirmation and the final amount was 0.372144 BTC. Such situations are possible due to the high cryptocurrency market volatility and rate fluctuations.

We are very sorry that the received amount is less than you expected.

tomf669
April 25th, 2021

They suck. Nickel and dime you, then complain about it and then they slam you with vanishing cryptos

Hi Tom,

Could you please describe your issue in detail, so we can look into it?

maxr124
November 2nd, 2020

This is not the first time I have used SimpleSwap and I can say that I never worry about my funds. Everything goes quickly except for my last exchange. I immediately contacted support service and described my issue. David immediately answered me and helped me get the coins back. Thank you very much for your quick feedback and excellent service.

Hi Max!

Thank you for sharing your experience! Our team is always ready to help. See you soon on SimpleSwap!

joes1834
April 23rd, 2021

It's now been 48 hours and simpleswap has taken my bitcoin and not completed the swap. They will not refund me or complete the transaction. Similar to prior reviews, they claim it is stuck in the "sending" stage. They have my money and will not give it back.

Ticket # 25645

Hi Joe,

Your issue was resolved successfully, we have notified you by email.
Feel free to contact us with any questions!

richardb2668
February 17th, 2021

I traded quite a few times there, before I found hotbit exchange. Their fees are at least 5 percents, even if they give you what they promised, in the beginning of the exchange, let alone that they may charge you much more, explaining it by "fluctuation of the market". To me it looks too much.

franklinp46
May 7th, 2021

I don't know why coinbase works so slowly. I've received a notification my coins will be held up for 72 hours. It's unacceptable when you trade! I was swapping my coins via simpleswap and contacted them for this issue. Miko assured me that when they will receive my crypto, he will refund or complete my swap at the same or a better rate. I've been using these guides quite a long. Never has issues, except this one. Actaully, it's not their fault. I just noticed that never wrote a review for them!

fredaw25
May 16th, 2021

Simpleswap Deceptive SCAM: Sadly and annoyingly they deliberately sent me the wrong tokens which made my exchange experience a nightmare, they refused to inform me what exactly they had sent and only after a period of days of my pleading with them for an explanation or resolution did I find that the tokens were incorrect and not compatible with the ERC20 I requested, they actually confirmed and knew he sent the wrong tokens but rather than say anything he simply kept me in the dark, forcing me to spend a plethora of man hours trying to establish what was actually sent and how I could retrieve my several thousand dollars' worth of tokens, after all, even after my weeks of requesting help or resolution, Simplswap refused to help me resolve the mistake they had made! I had after all made it perfectly clear as a disabled old age pensioner; I know very little about Cryptocurrency and nothing about the way they are processed, my pleas were purely for resolution to amend their mistake. They are heartless and without empathy!
I had in the past couple of weeks exchanged with them several tokens without issue until it came to Fantom which it seems has three separate address an types, Simpleswap sent my token from and to Opera Fantom which was NOT listed on their site and instead of receiving my requested ERC20 I got Opera mainet tokens. I contacted Simpleswap only to be informed "it was my fault for not checking" so I asked then what could I check when there was no indication this is what I would receive and even after I categorically proved that they had made the mistake, at which point he admitted to the mistake, he then said there was nothing he could do. In fact I had to pay someone to retrieve the tokens because after weeks of me pleading with Simpleswap they refused to offer any assistance at all and when I asked multiple times over a period of weeks for their details so I could complain and possibly take legal action he on each occasion refused point blank to provide them, I actually asked on EIGHT separate occasions. This is clearly not the behaviour one would expect from any reputable company so be warned. I also asked them on many occasions, why they don't make it clear or lable what token they would send or what could be requested but they again refused to comment, I expect they think they can avoid responsibility when they make mistakes this way.
Their refusal to be honest and transparent is grave cause for concern, they are in fact breaking many regulations which I pointed out to them in the way they conduct business and their terms are bias and one sided. I sent them a link for the "The Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000" They seem to think that they don't need to comply with any regulations or the law which is clear from their terrible negative hostile and at times abusive attitude.
I was on this occasion fortunate not to lose several thousand dollars through no fault of my own so this is simply a warning to avoid at all cost this company Simpleswap which make exchanging tokens a nightmare…. I suggest you. Update your name to "Difficultswap and ensure your terms are in compliance with the actual law is my advice to you.

BEWARE!!!

It was a swop only.

Dear customer,
We are sorry that you are faced this issue. However, as we told you earlier, our service never supported FTM ERC-20. We only support FTM Mainnet for both purchase and sell.
Moreover, your exchange page has a warning highlighted in red "Please note that only FTM mainnet coins are available for the withdrawal". Thus, you were notified of the type of FTM supported before sending your funds.
We have a fully automated exchange system. Unfortunately, we could not find that you entered the wrong recipient address in this case because FTM Mainnet and FTM ERC-20 use the same address type. Our service has special warnings for all assets that may be on multiple networks to prevent this kind of confusion.
It is important to pay attention to details and read warnings when creating an exchange. If you have any doubts, feel free to contact our support team. Our support is available 24/7 via email support@simpleswap.io or live chat on our website. The response time does not exceed 15-20 minutes. We are always happy to answer any of your questions!
We also recommended you contact your recipient wallet support team, who can tell you how to retrieve crypto sent in a parallel network. This problem can be fixed by the standard algorithm. Anyway, it's great that you found your way to resolve this issue!
Thank you for sharing your experience. Have a nice day!

jimmyc227
August 24th, 2020

Well, what can I say about this service? I like its simple interface. The exchange is done quickly enough and the service fee is not very high. If you don't want to spend a lot of time trading on the stock exchange, I recommend using simple swap.

Hi,
Thank you very much. We appreciate your words!
We will be glad to see you again on SimpleSwap!

allane40
February 16th, 2021

I executed an exchange of Theta for TFuel (Exchange ID: d2B5FHFeMiv) on 12 Jan 2021. Loss 50,000 Tfuel because of a technical fault in SimpleSwap exchange system. Successfully transferred and deposited Theta token at 06:48am but SimpleSwap system only started the exchange process 74 mins later due to their software glitch; normally, it shouldn't take more than 10 mins although the entire exchange process may be much longer or hours later. As a result of a very sharp spike in TFuel price at 07:10am, I received 50,000 TFuels lesser than expected. Total time taken for this exchange was 108 mins counting from the time of Theta receipt at 06:48am.
SimpleSwap just returned 3050 TFuels (exchange fees) and said they are not liable for any technical faults caused by third parties and/or themselves per their service terms which I find it most unfair and felt been robbed.
As time is of the essence to determine the rate that one intend to exchange, how is it possible that SimpleSwap holds no responsiblility as to when they should start the exchange process; it might as well be many hous later since they are covered by their service terms.
So, be warned and duly informed about unfair trade practices when one chooses a crypto exchange company.
In a nutshell, the required exchange process to buy in the TFuel should have started the moment your system received the deposit of my Theta so as to secure the rate closest to the time of order although it is well understood that the entire may take hours.
(Below comments were inserted after viewing SimpleSwap's Response on au.trustpilot.com review)
Your system failure to detect the deposit and/or lock in the rate within 5-10 mins upon the receipt of my Theta deposit has left much to be desired. Had your system perform the checks on deposit and begin locking in the buy rate for TFuel timely, this rate would not have to be floated over 22 minutes and in this particular case, it actually took 74 minutes. I cannot imagine the rationale of exchanging cryptos on a floating rate that is allowed to float without time limit. Surely, like any other contracts, there should be a written or unwritten industry best practices on how long a floated rate should be reasonably allowed float, and hence, would determine and delineate the liability of each party. In my case, I have done my part by successfully sending you the specified Theta tokens for exchange, however, it is clear that the root cause of my loss was the failure of your system to detect my deposit and lock in the market rate within a reasonable period of time.
This episode is a lot more than mere inconvenience as I actually lost lots of TFuels.

Allan

Dear Allan,

We fully understand your frustration with this situation.

In most cases, the exchange process takes up to 60 minutes but as a result of a technical glitch of the THETA node, the total trade time took longer. This issue was detected and fixed in a short time. After that, your swap was completed at the best possible exchange rate for that moment.

Let us notice that a floating rate type has been chosen for your swap. This classic exchange type is influenced by changes in market conditions and rates of the assets involved. Thus, the final amount of this type of swap can be either more or less than the estimated amount shown when placing an order.

The truth is that TFuel is quite volatile and its rate is constantly changing. As you indicated in your review, the TFuel price spike occurred 22 minutes after your deposit was sent. Unfortunately, we could not say for sure that in the absence of delay on our part your exchange would have been completed before this point. As we said earlier, the exchange process can normally take more than 22 minutes.

We are sorry you are not fully satisfied with the outcome of your swap. We have paid you a small compensation in the amount of the service fee taken for your exchange to apologize for the technical glitch that occurred. We will certainly take the incident into account and will do our best to prevent it in the future.

Once again we deeply apologize for any inconvenience caused! We highly appreciate your understanding in this situation and wish you all the best!

lolaf23
January 28th, 2021

Nice service! The first time I used SimpleSwap and was very satisfied. My exchange took thirty minutes and I received coins at the best market rate. Deeply grateful, thanks!

williamg1179
November 4th, 2020

Thank you so much, guys! I tried this platform for the first time and i definetely liked it. So easy and useful. I guess i was a bit impatient to get the coins so guys from the technical team helped me a lot. I have got an answer IN ONE MINUTE! I will be back for sure. Thank you one more time.

Hi William,

Thank you for your positive feedback. We are happy to see you on our platform. And we promise to try our best and improve our service for you always could enjoy it.

Hi, Donald! Unfortunately, we don't accept USA citizens or residents. You can check it by the following link: https://simpleswap.io/terms Please let me know if you have any additional questions!

By Rebecca L.,

I exchanged eos for beam several times using classic floating rate. Of course, I made an exchange when there was an opportunity to make a profit and Simple Swap always sent me the amount I expected (the fluctuations were no more than 1-2%)

By Jimmy C.

I am always looking for profitable exchange rates and one day I came across a simple swap.The exchange went smoothly, so I'm more likely to come back to use this service.

By Jimmy C.

It is 100% legit service. Once I forgot to input memo when sending eos but simpleswap service were able to send my money back

By Jimmy C.

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the SimpleSwap staff and other customers.

SimpleSwap is a user-friendly instant cryptocurrency exchange without sign-up and upper-limits. SimpleSwap offers exchanges of more than 300 cryptocurrencies and two exchange types: floating and fixed rate. You can always choose the most suitable option. Taking part in the SimpleSwap Loyalty Program you can receive a cashback for every exchange made on the service. Moreover, SimpleSwap offers its customers and partners an Affiliate Program with API, referral links, and widgets available. The support is working 24/7 and provides quick and professional help.
SimpleSwap has a Mobile App that is available for two platforms: iOS and Android.

Rebecca L.
Typically responds within 12 days

How do I know I can trust these reviews about SimpleSwap?

See reviews as you browse with our Chrome extension

3.8
Have a question about SimpleSwap?