SimpleSwap

SimpleSwap has a consumer rating of 3.18 stars from 38 reviews indicating that most customers are generally satisfied with their purchases. SimpleSwap ranks 238th among Cryptocurrency sites.

This company responds to reviews on average within 12 days

Positive reviews (last 12 months): 57.9%
How would you rate SimpleSwap?

“Very convenient and efficient”

Max R.
11/2/20

This is not the first time I have used SimpleSwap and I can say that I never worry about my funds. Everything goes quickly except for my last exchange. I immediately contacted support service and described my issue. David immediately answered me and helped me get the coins back. Thank you very much for your quick feedback and excellent service.

“Scam alert!”

Bill S.
3/27/21

This is a scam! They get your first swap smoothly, then when you commit to other transactions they become shysters. Been waiting almost 8hours after my transaction cleared Coinbase and they're still saying it's "due to liquidity" or they're "asking their partners". Trying to get some dialogue from them and only get what looks like bot responses or broken English. Not sure how they're still in business. Still haven't received my crypto. Contacting SEC, FBI, and IG. Stay away from these crooks!

bills1478
March 27th, 2021

Tip for consumers:
Stay away from this scam site

Dear Bill,
We are deeply sorry that you have encountered this issue.
Unfortunately, your swap has been stuck at the payout stage. But please don't worry, your funds are safe and the exchange process has already been completed.
Once again we apologize for any inconvenience caused!

keitht248
April 25th, 2021

Like Bill S from 3/27/21 I had exact same thing happen. First transaction went smooth and quick on 3/23/21, now second on 4/11 they start their crap. Take your coins then nothing! When you email about transaction, they ask for pictures, then videos, then transaction picture, then transaction hash text, then exchange ID, then moree and more BS. I too had to contact, Coinbase, Youtube, local police and now FBI cyber crimes department. Stay away from these scammers!

Tip for consumers:
Don't use these scammers.

Hi Keith,

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience!
Could you please provide us with the ticket number, so we can look into your issue deeply?

trevorb138
April 19th, 2021

A week ago I twice swapped ADA for THETA on SimpleSwap. All went well, took less than 20 minutes. I attempted a third swap four days ago and SimpleSwap has taken my coins and will not return them. Based on a few internet reviews, SimpleSwap uses the same language with everyone they steal from: "technical issue", "stuck on our liquidity providers' side", "we need more time to proceed this exchange", etc. Meanwhile they typically reply to further inquiries with robotic scripted answers such as "We will be back with update within X hours", "Thank you for understanding", "Your question will be forwarded to the management department for further clarification", etc. I really wanted to trust them and give them ample time to right the ship. However, after four days of inept replies, it is crystal clear that they had no intention of dong so. Say away from SimpleSwap if you value your assets.

Hi Trevor,

We deeply apologize for any inconvenience and would like to make sure that we always do our best to resolve any issue as fast as we can.
Some cases might take a bit longer due to the issues on our liquidity partner side, but it will be resolved for sure.

mohammedc33
March 31st, 2021

Simpleswap scammed me. I sent Bitcoin to exchange for another coin and they kept my Bitcoin for no reason except that they are looking into it: whatever that means. Its been over 2 weeks now. I have seen other reviews on trust pilit and reddit threads mentioning similar scams by simpleswap. The majority of reviews are fake. Be careful people and deal with a reputable exchange. UPDATE 5/4/21 now they have replied with lies. They are a none KYC exchange and I sent them everything and the kitchen sink and they never replied back but they reply back here with lies. These people need to go to jail. Absolute criminals.

Hello Mohammed,
Thank you for your feedback.
Your exchange was made through our partner.
The partner has an automated risk prevention system implemented through which each transaction passes. If a transaction is marked suspicious by this system, the exchange is delayed and the customer in question is then asked to pass KYС. According to European AML directives, KYC regulations and platform requirements, we asked you to provide us with a scan of your ID document valid in your country and additional information of funds origin. Transactions are evaluated on a variety of factors such as a deposit wallet and the address of receipt, amount, time and frequency of circulation. Unfortunately, your funds were reported as involved in illegal activities.
We can find more info about KYC procedure on our service: https://simpleswap.io/blog/the-kyc-procedure-on-simpleswap
We have already received the required information from you and sent it to our security department. We will defenitely inform you as soon as we receive any update from them.
Hope for your understanding and patience.

barryn66
May 25th, 2021

My first transaction went smoothly. Then I had one where the tokens never arrived. Refunded. Foolishly, I tried again. I had a success and then a failure. Had to go through 20 emails and eventually a video capture of my screen. Again, got a refund. Their email says "Unfortunately, there was a one-time technical issue with Helium." Not true. At that point, it happened twice. I asked if there was something I might do differently. Got the answer below:

We just get a response from the technical department. Our system could not correctly determine the deposit, this could be due to the following reasons:

- the exchange could have been created not for a unique amount;
- your coins came with a delay.

To avoid such situations, we recommend that you create an exchange for a unique amount, such as 123.4758 and send exactly this amount. Also, send coins immediately after creating an exchange, without delays.

In the end, I got my token back twice. Am now on email #4 with regard to getting tokens back on fail #3. If it is a scam, I'm not sure how the scam works. Perhaps they wait for people to give up. Seems more like gross incompetence to me.

Hi Barry!

Thank you for sharing your experience, we will definitely investigate this issue more deeply.
We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.

billk455
December 2nd, 2020

There are several month i use the SimpleSwap to make exchanges. I can say that i like the provided service. They work pretty quickly, and if there are some technical problems or if i have some doubts about the platform functions - they answer in 5 min. Highly recommend!

Hi Bill,

Thank you for the review. Our support team is always ready to help. Hope to see you soon on SimpleSwap!

mt424
February 23rd, 2021

TLDR; SimpleSwap won't send your coins if exchange rates change unfavorably for them, and will hold onto your coins waiting for them to improve in their favor. Otherwise they hold them hostage unless you want to accept fewer coins. Customer service will make up lies as needed.

*I'm posting here because they actively advertise (spam) on this sub regularly, and people have a right to know how they operate.

I recently sent several thousand USD worth of coins to SimpleSwap. They received the coins very quickly, confirmed it, then it was stuck on "exchanging" for hours. 24 hours went by, and I reached out to customer service, who eventually responded to say that it was a "one time technical issue" and that the engineers were working on resolving it. By the second day, they reached back out to say that the problem really was that the exchange rates have changed, and so the transaction had been automatically suspended as a result to protect my funds. SimpleSwap said they'll only be willing to send me fewer coins but not the originally agreed amount.

I replied and said that the new rate only negatively affects them, not me, and that they should send the correct amount of coins as agreed. SimpleSwap then claimed that actually the problem is really that I chose "floating rate" instead of "fixed rate" (which is a lie, I always have chosen fixed rate). This is obviously incorrect as had I chosen floating rate, the transaction would have gone through automatically since it would have made them more money, which itself is the reason I never choose floating rate.

So basically, if rates change, SimpleSwap only send the coin if rates change in their favor, otherwise they won't send you the agreed amount. Here it is over two days later and SimpleSwap still has my coins, and are holding them hostage unless I want to accept fewer coins, and they're making up multiple lies to try and cover themselves.

Stay away

Hi Michael,

Thank you for sharing your experience! As we can see, your swap was created at the floating rate, not fixed. You can verify it on the exchange page: if you create the swap at the floating rate - you will see "~" symbol on th exchange page. If the swap was created at the fixed rate - you can see "=" symbol and 20 minutes time window for the deposit.

Indeed, your swap was stuck due to the one-time technical issue. That's why we have offered you a refund or complete the swap at the current rate.

We understand your dissatisfaction in this situation and we will do our best to issue a full refund to your address as soon as only possible.
We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

jamesm4758
May 1st, 2021

Refuse to compete my swap after receiving my funds Even with the tx hash, wallet addresses, etc they refuse to return the funds or complete it or even look for it on their system.

Dear James,

Thank you for letting us know about this situation!

Could you please provide your ticket number so that we can look into your issue in more detail? You can provide it as an update to this review. Thank you!

joela172
March 25th, 2021

Your company couldn't handle the volume from the Theta pump and didn't honor the original terms of my swap. It took two days to process my transaction and I lost 35% of my money due to your negligence. "David" was rude and unhelpful, I will not be returning and advise everyone to say away.

Dear customer,
Your review is very concerning to us!
Could you please provide your ticket number or any details of your order so that we can look into your issue? Otherwise, you can contact our support team (support@simpleswap.io).
We are sure that there is a misunderstanding between us. Please let us know about your issue so that we can explain the situation or try to fix it. Thank you!

nojino
November 8th, 2020

I like the service and the team as well. But recently I've had an issue and it took more time to be resolved. Of course, there was my fault also. Finally, it's resolved and I recommend this service to other crypto holders.

Rebecca L. – SimpleSwap Rep

Hi Nojin! Thank you for sharing your experience! Our team always glad to help you as fast as we can. We will be glad to see you again on SimpleSwap!

maxr124
November 2nd, 2020

Hi Max!

Thank you for sharing your experience! Our team is always ready to help. See you soon on SimpleSwap!

mikeo560
April 20th, 2021

Simpleswap cant even complete a simpleswap they should change their name to simplesteal. Here we are 5 days after an attempt to swap a small amount of BTC. Transaction never happened! After 19 back and forth emails still no resolution. It is clear that they will hold your coins if the exchange rate changes before they complete it. They took my BTC in less than 5 minutes and never completed the swap and would not return the coins. They are criminals I will never use them again. Think twice before using simpleswap There are safer alternatives I learned the hard way. Hopefully they become a casualty of Progress and be held accountable for all their illegal activity. I will be letting everyone I know plus spreading this far and wide on Facebook and twitter Daily!

Tip for consumers:
Avoid at all costs. If you absolutely need to use simpleswap at least do the minimum and make additional swaps you never know which one they will hold up
Best of Luck

Products used:
tried to execute a simpleswap of BTC----TFuel

Hi Mike,

Thank you for letting us know about the issue!
Could you please provide us with the ticket number, so we will be able to check if the issue was resolved?

jesses371
April 23rd, 2021

This site is a joke... they took $200 worth of doge coin... after 24 hours I never received the exchange... after about 20 emails customer service said I was refunded...

This is a scam do not use

I finally received a refund, with less tokens than I started with... waste of time

Do not use

Products used:
Tokena

Hi Jesse,

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience!
Please note that crypto should not be compared to $ as we don't involve fiat in any of our crypto-to-crypto exchanges and the prices of involved coins are subject to constant change.

Feel free to contact us with any questions!

franklinp46
May 7th, 2021

I don't know why coinbase works so slowly. I've received a notification my coins will be held up for 72 hours. It's unacceptable when you trade! I was swapping my coins via simpleswap and contacted them for this issue. Miko assured me that when they will receive my crypto, he will refund or complete my swap at the same or a better rate. I've been using these guides quite a long. Never has issues, except this one. Actaully, it's not their fault. I just noticed that never wrote a review for them!

alhassani
May 7th, 2021

Update: As you can see below in their reply, this is exactly their scamming technique! You may refer to many similar negative experiences with them on the Internet where they followed the same scamming technique. I will not rest until I receive my full right. I reported the case and I will take all the legal procedures to shut down their website in the EU.
I am reporting here my awful experience with SimpleSwap showing with clear evidence that it is a scam and I have all proofs & documentsatiom. What happened? Yesterday, I made an exchange on their website using a flat rate exchange. After I sent the amount and its status is confirmed on the blockchain, they refuse to compete my swap after receiving my funds Even with the hash, wallet addresses, etc. Similar to what I found on other internet reviews (hopefully I had found those reviews before I used their service), they used the same language with everyone they steal from: "we need to confirm the status on the block chain", "technical issue", "we need more time to proceed this exchange", etc. Meanwhile they typically reply to further inquiries with robotic scripted answers such as " We appreciate your patience.", "Thank you for understanding", etc. I realised their trick, they won't send my coins if exchange rates change unfavorably for them! They hold onto my coins waiting for them to improve in their favour unless I want to accept fewer coins. Their customer service kept makeing up lies. The amount they stole from me: 0.02737323 BTC Exchange ID is: ThcLzbhQWxE Final message to SimpleSwap: I will also take all the legal procedures according to the EU laws to report your website to be shutdown. Trust me, I will not rest until I receive my right. I will also report this scam on all different social media channels (I have a significant amount of followers on Twitter!) I assure you that everyone will know that you are a scam and all the legal procedures will be followed to shut down your website. Final advice to for consumers: stay away from this scam site!

Tip for consumers:
Final advice to for consumers: stay away from this scam site!

Hi Alhassan,

Thank you for letting us know about the issue.

As we can see, your swap has been delayed because it’s required to receive 60 confirmations for BTG deposit. Unfortunately, we cannot ignore the transaction confirmation process. It's necessary to be sure that we get full control over the funds to complete the swap.

Unfortunately, the confirmation process took more than 10 hours in this case, so we have offered you to complete the swap at the current rate or issue a refund. You’ve preferred to complete the swap, the floating current rate was ~0.377353 BTC and you’ve accepted it.

The swap was completed within 22 minutes after your confirmation and the final amount was 0.372144 BTC. Such situations are possible due to the high cryptocurrency market volatility and rate fluctuations.

We are very sorry that the received amount is less than you expected.

jimmyc227
August 24th, 2020

Well, what can I say about this service? I like its simple interface. The exchange is done quickly enough and the service fee is not very high. If you don't want to spend a lot of time trading on the stock exchange, I recommend using simple swap.

Hi,
Thank you very much. We appreciate your words!
We will be glad to see you again on SimpleSwap!

tomf669
April 25th, 2021

They suck. Nickel and dime you, then complain about it and then they slam you with vanishing cryptos

Hi Tom,

Could you please describe your issue in detail, so we can look into it?

lolaf23
January 28th, 2021

Nice service! The first time I used SimpleSwap and was very satisfied. My exchange took thirty minutes and I received coins at the best market rate. Deeply grateful, thanks!

williamg1179
November 4th, 2020

Thank you so much, guys! I tried this platform for the first time and i definetely liked it. So easy and useful. I guess i was a bit impatient to get the coins so guys from the technical team helped me a lot. I have got an answer IN ONE MINUTE! I will be back for sure. Thank you one more time.

Hi William,

Thank you for your positive feedback. We are happy to see you on our platform. And we promise to try our best and improve our service for you always could enjoy it.

joes1834
April 23rd, 2021

It's now been 48 hours and simpleswap has taken my bitcoin and not completed the swap. They will not refund me or complete the transaction. Similar to prior reviews, they claim it is stuck in the "sending" stage. They have my money and will not give it back.

Ticket # 25645

Hi Joe,

Your issue was resolved successfully, we have notified you by email.
Feel free to contact us with any questions!

firdavsiym
October 2nd, 2020

It was the first time I preferred to use this exchange and my exchange failed. I contacted the support and they returned to me in 5 minutes. They explained that my exchange failed because I didn't specify a memo. I agreed to complete the exchange and the coins appeared in my wallet in 20 minutes. No headaches. Highly recommend this service.

Hello Firdavsiy!

Thank you for your review. We highly appreciate it. We are glad your issue was resolved immediately. Our support team do the best to satisfy our customers' needs and provide them qualitative service. We always happy to see you on SimpleSwap.

Best regards,
SimpleSwap Team

leonardor34
September 18th, 2020

Very satisfied with the service. The exchange was completed within an hour! Highly recommend it to anyone who is interested in a convenient and fast exchanger.

Hi, Leonardo!

Thank you for your kind words! Our pleasure to be useful for you! Hope to see you often on our platform!

miaj66
September 9th, 2020

Ok, my exchanges went quickly. I also received some tokens as cashback. However I have no idea what to do with them as Simpleswap coin is not traded on their website.

Rebecca L. – SimpleSwap Rep

Hi! Thank you for your good review! You can sell SWAP tokens on the Forkdelta exchange: https://forkdelta.app/#!/trade/0x163c649ac276c5fdcc27db30a1c1f070cb731c04-ETH
Hope to see you again on SimpleSwap!

irinam44
November 21st, 2020

Made several exchanges and mechanically made an amount of mistake. I got in touch with support and helped solve the problem! Very satisfied, I didn't even expect such a service!
Very fast and high-quality instant transfer of dollars to bitcoin was made! I recommend this exchanger to everyone who works with cryptocurrencies.

Hi, Irina!

laxar
December 13th, 2020

I'm absolutely thrilled! The exchange was really very fast. First, I created several exchanges for small amounts to check the site, then I created a large exchange. And you know what? Everything was fine!
In our time, such a service is very rare.

Hi Laxa,

Thank you for your positive feedback! We highly appreciate it. See you soon on SimpleSwap!

Hi, Donald! Unfortunately, we don't accept USA citizens or residents. You can check it by the following link: https://simpleswap.io/terms Please let me know if you have any additional questions!

By Rebecca L.,

I exchanged eos for beam several times using classic floating rate. Of course, I made an exchange when there was an opportunity to make a profit and Simple Swap always sent me the amount I expected (the fluctuations were no more than 1-2%)

By Jimmy C.

I am always looking for profitable exchange rates and one day I came across a simple swap.The exchange went smoothly, so I'm more likely to come back to use this service.

By Jimmy C.

It is 100% legit service. Once I forgot to input memo when sending eos but simpleswap service were able to send my money back

By Jimmy C.

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the SimpleSwap staff and other customers.

SimpleSwap is a user-friendly instant cryptocurrency exchange without sign-up and upper-limits. SimpleSwap offers exchanges of more than 300 cryptocurrencies and two exchange types: floating and fixed rate. You can always choose the most suitable option. Taking part in the SimpleSwap Loyalty Program you can receive a cashback for every exchange made on the service. Moreover, SimpleSwap offers its customers and partners an Affiliate Program with API, referral links, and widgets available. The support is working 24/7 and provides quick and professional help.
SimpleSwap has a Mobile App that is available for two platforms: iOS and Android.

Rebecca L.
Typically responds within 12 days

How do I know I can trust these reviews about SimpleSwap?

Have a question about SimpleSwap?