Review of Shutterfly

customerservice@cs.shutterfly.com
2017 Customer choice award

matthewt64
12/13/17

I seldom write a bad review for business but I must do this for Shutterfly. They used to be a good business. They used to respond to customer fast in email or live chat. Recently I have a lost in transit order so I requested a refund. However, they just ignored my request and resend the shipment. Usually, this may be fine but what I ordered is Christmas card and they are shipping to me thru the slower USPS. I won't receive it until couple days before the Christmas. I placed my original order in the middle of November which I think it should have enough time for me to receive it and send out to elsewhere. The worst is their 'live chat' shut down and I have been held on the phone for 30 mins then hang up for me. I am ordering my card at local Walgreen now at least it is easier to deal with. I very regret to order time sensitive stuff on Shutterfly and I won't order anything from them anymore.

Update: For the similar design with return address printed:
Shutterfly: $86.5 (with discount code)
Amazon print: $15 (with discount code)

jackiel66
12/12/17

Dealing with Shutterfly has been a borderline nightmare this month and I should be getting paid for this based on the amount of time I have spent dealing since it is almost the same as a full time job. Instead I get to attempt multiple times and fail to pay them. Actually they ran the credit card but didn't place the order so many times that my husbands credit card was flagged and cut off. Luckily he noticed this while trying to buy groceries with our 1 and 2 year olds. After spending almost an hour on the phone with them to try to resolve the issue after 8 days of them not resolving the issue in writing I thought I was finally getting somewhere only to have them hang up on me and immediately encounter the same problem. The absolute worst and I would never use them again. Also in case you are curious their mobile app and desktop site are not meant to communicate. Why would any company even bother building something like that now.

kaye128
12/12/17

Shutterfly is GARBAGE. the website is CONSTANTLY malfunctioning. Customer service can't do a thing. Products are over priced. Print quality is fuzzy. It took me over 4 months just to get a photobook put together because of website glitching and then it wouldn't let me apply the groupon that was the ONLY reason I was using it. In that time I had gotten 4 lovely photobooks completed and sent to me from Blurb. Hate this company. Was put on hold for 25 minutes over the groupon and discounted.

anns163
12/11/17

I ordered some photo sympathy cards I created...opened the package when it arrived and it was some else's order! Couldn't use chat to rectify problem- not available. Couldn't find phone number on Shutterly website. Finally tracked it down. Spent 20 minutes on the phone talking to the woman to rectify the problem- could not understand her. When finally, hopefully got everything straightned out, asked her where she was calling from... Guatamala! I feel bad for the lady whose order I received. I wanted to contact her and the woman from Shutterfly told me to throw the cards away and they would wait for HER to contact THEM...I'm sure she is waiting for her cards. I hope they weren't a Christmas present! Never again, Shutterfly!

jwj1
12/7/17

Shutterfly's policy on photo print refund and reorder is ridiculous. My photo print was designed within borders, yet when printed it became outside of borders. I'm trying to resolve the issue, asking to re-edit my uploads, so that it does not print out the same. The rep mentions the only option is to reorder THE SAME THING, and there is no option for a full refund. What's the point of re-ordering the same thing when the prints are already incorrectly and disproportionally printed?
'
Re-order basically means printing the same "cut off image" AGAIN. That's a waste of time and resources. On the other hand, it wastes my time to wait for the re-order, especially time is what i pay for in order to get my orders within the holiday deadlines. THE SERVICE IS HORRIBLE!!

My friend who works for Shutterfly recommended your service to me. Yet this is utterly disappointing. No refund, no edit, no alternative options available. What type of customer service is this? It's ultimately dissatisfying and I will never recommend Shutterfly's prints if this situation does not get resolved.

sashar12
12/5/17

Word of caution! Dont bother using shutterfly. Their design interface is super glitchy and their Customer Service is atrocious and incompetent. The solution from the rep was to start my nearly complete project over from scratch, or take a chance on the purchase and it probably won't look right! What kind of options are these! You can't even fully customize certain attributes of the project. This is ridiculous. The three days I spent designing this project have gone to waste and it's now completely useless. So much for that Christmas gift that I wanted to give. I am beyond angry

rzf
12/5/17

Very unhappy with a bunch if orders this season. Quality issues- and if you order anything free as their promo its really not with jacked up shipping and then it takes 2 weeks to produce sense their profit margin is low. Customer service call says we will call you back saving your place in line 3 times--- NO CALL BACK. Stuck with poor quality items received too late to do anything elsewhere. BUMMED -- spent a lot of $.

andreas445
12/5/17

I just had the worst experience with Shutterfly. I ordered some custom photo ornaments as gifts for the holidays. They came out horrible....the faces were so blurry they barely looked like humans. When I reached out to customer service, I was told it was because my photos were too high of a resolution and kept sending me a resolution guide which never mentioned ornaments. They gave me a 50% off coupon so I could reorder them (mind you they have a 100% happiness guarantee on their website). After 5 excruciating back and forth emails later, I finally got someone to tell me what exact resolution they needed to be. I had to download an app to resize all of my photos. Then, none of the new photos could be uploaded to their website or app. After an hour on chat with customer services troubleshooting everything under the sun, they finally told me to e-mail them the photos. Then they tell me the resolution is too low (the resolution they told me my photos needed to be). I got so frustrated, I just said forget it I want a full refund. I went and purchased custom ornaments on Walmart.com instead for 1/3 of the price. I will NEVER do business with Shutterfly again.

maureend23
12/5/17

I received dollar off coupons for shutterfly only to be told that I will basically never get to use them. This is because if there is ever a promotion (the only time I'd buy) I can't use my earned coupon. Customer service told me this arrangement is so the customer can easily understand. Whatever that means.

soniyam1
12/4/17

I ordered a calendar for a friend and it came in incorrectly with events/birthday's printed on dates that were taken from an earlier personal calendar I created. I did not want to gift this calendar to my friend when it had birthday's of my own family printed on there. I complained 3 times and each time they sent me a new calendar with the same error printed on it! They were not able to assure me a correct one would come even though the preview showed it correctly but the delivered product was incorrect. I have wasted a lot of time and effort in this and am upset that they are not able to resolve this issue and instead offered me a refund. I really wanted them to figure out how to correct the situation which they never did. They told me to recreate the calendar and I do not have time for that, it took me a very long time to create it with all the photos in the first place. I don't even know if I can ever order with them again for fear of the same thing happening.

vu115
12/1/17

We received our Christmas cards and the bottom of the lower pictures are cut off. I contacted the company and they offered me 50% off of a re-do. That does not help as they are giving everybody 50% off of products this time of year. This certainly is not 100% satisfaction guaranteed.

ernestg21
11/30/17

Will not be using shutterfly again. Tired of getting 2/5/10 copies of some of the pictures and paying for them.

jilll40
11/30/17

Shutterfly completely messed up the cropping on my 2017 holiday cards. They admitted to the mistake and insisted on only giving me a 50% off code for another order in the future. I can get that at Retailmenot.com in a nanosecond, with the rest of the world! Next email offered me a full credit for price paid into a Shutterfly account to spend on whatever I wanted at Shutterfly. About 5 emails later they FINALLY offered me a refund but I have to ship the cards (that they screwed up) back to them and I have to pay shipping?? Very poor quality cards and extremely poor customer service. Do not use Shutterfly for ANY reason! They will screw up your cards (that you spend hours on to get just right) and offer you little or no customer service and compensation, even after they admit their mistakes. BEWARE!!!

rc139
11/28/17

I have been unable to checkout for three days, trying various browsers, different credit cards and always getting a "We're sorry; the page you're trying to reach is temporarily unavailable" after submitting card. I called in to customer service and reached one employee (Mo) who was rude, and I asked to speak to a supervisor. Upon reaching a senior specialist (Dianne), she was surprisingly even more rude with a poor attitude telling me she didn't know what my problem was - while interrupting me while I was trying to explain the issue. Facebook support was tangibly helpful and gave specific advice, but I'd stay away from phone support until they do more customer service training.

cathryns5
11/27/17

I ordered a calendar and my preview was correct but when I got my calendars they had a bunch of incorrect dates/events from a calendar I made 2 years ago. They gave me credit to reorder but couldn't guarantee the same mistake wouldn't happen again. I have been trying to delete any old events (even though not selected) and my screen freezes every time and I have to log out, has been going on for the last 3 days. When on the phone with shutterfly, she was having the same issues and the website wouldn't even work for her. Terrible site. Won't use again.

janek66
11/22/17

All the prices have increased during Black Friday sale of their products and they are giving 50% off everything.

The cost of hard cover for photo book usually $10 is now $20. Cost of standard lay flat usually $25 is $30. Even cost of additional pages for photo book is doubled f and they claim to offer a 50% off Black Friday deal.

They cheat customers. Watch out.

weslynf
11/20/17

They falsify promos, lead the buyer down a path of unexpected costs, add hidden fees, and are just terrible.

judyl75
11/19/17

After an hour of putting together a calendar and note pads, i discovered that none of the prices were applicable since i was lured in with their "discount promotion". BUYER BEWARE, THIS COMPANY IS A BAIT AND SWITCH COMPANY. WHEN YOU CHECK OUT, ALL SALE PRICES GO TO FULL RETAIL BEFORE THE PROMO IS APPLYING, WIPING OUT YOUR SAVINGS. POSTAGE ALSO DOUBLED.

ashleyd97
11/18/17

I first found Shutterfly when I got married in 2016. I ordered photos and they were great.
Now, we ordered four collage mugs and two personalized beer glasses on 11/12/17. Today is the 16th and all our items came. Not even a week. We are thrilled with the quality of the cups and mugs. Not to mention the price we paid for them. We will definitely be ordering again. Thanks Shutterfly, you helped make some people's Christmas sweet.

momo34
11/18/17

I have screenshots of an attempt to purchase an item at an advertised price. When I went to check out, the price jumped with no explanation. I sent the screenshots to Shutterfly and they told me the price increased because I added a promo code. It's dishonest, misleading and a bait and switch tactic. It is unfair for any company to advertise a price for a product and then penalize you because you try to use a coupon. The whole intent of a coupon is to save money. The price increased when I attempted to use a coupon. I think companies need to be stopped from these tactics! Something needs to be done about the dishonesty that is through the internet.

brittanyh49
11/13/17

Ordered Christmas cards. Expected delivery on Nov 9. Today is Nov 13 and still nothing from shutterfly. Searched through my order and the crap shipping company they use posted a note that "apt number is wrong" (I don't live in an apt and nothing about my address looks like an apartment address). Further stated "attempting to contact reciever" not once have I received a phone call or email regarding any problems with the order. Had to search it out myself. Never again will I shop with this company. Too many options out there for them to be this sloppy.

jaclyns9
11/8/17

I placed an order, and upon receiving the confirmation email the next day, I realized that I had my things sent to the wrong address. I contacted them immediately that morning via chat and email. I was disconnected 3 times during the chat, and by the time I was able to talk to someone they told me it was too late to cancel my order or to change my address. They said I would need to contact the person at the address i sent it to and have them send it to me. They said they would send me another order when the first order was sent back to them, which means they would make my order twice.. as long as the first one was sent back even though all they're going to do was destroy it. So now I'm out $70 and there are 3 Christmas presents my family won't be getting. I will never ever ever order from Shutterfly again. A courtesy order should have been shipped to me, or maybe make it a little easier to change the address the order is being sent to 12 hours after it was placed.

hannahr55
11/5/17

I spent over two hours creating my order to only have the coupon not work. Once I uploaded my pictures I could only see a few at a time while making my project even though I added tons. Website is very confusing and hard to use. You should be able to crop pictures and edit way more like adding a text box to whatever page you want.

kevinp135
11/4/17

Terrible delivery, no one to speak with.

B

tanyab49
10/20/17

Totally ruined my wedding. Invitations were ordered but never received. Still have not been refunded and am still battling with customer service. Do NOT use this company.

463 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Hello Jerie, please give us a call at 888-225-7159 for us to review the matter.

By Levi H. [Shutterfly Rep]

Hello Tim, you can contact Shutterfly at 888-225-7159.

By Levi H. [Shutterfly Rep]

Questions? Get answers from the Shutterfly staff and other customers.

Shutterfly?