Review of ShopAtHome

BEWARE!!!!! BEWARE!!!!! BEWARE!!!!!

shop at home SCAM>>>SCAM>>>SCAM

uw2
1/20/19

I've used ShopAtHome for many years not. At first, I never had any problems, then started noticing I wasn't getting credited for my legitimate shopping. OF course you can't argue with them - they win! Then, you have to have a certain amount of money in your account for payout - That's not usually a problem with me. BUT, Swagbucks (for giftcards) and Ebates are both SO much better and the payout percentage is always higher now than SAH. Save your time and move on.

tinal211
1/3/19

ShopAtHome.com will lie and fabricate any excuse to deny legitimate cashback. This happened 2 times. It was not my error, they are just lying scammers who pocket your cashback for themselves and refuse to payout. These crooks should be in jail. There are more reliable cashback sites out there.

leighp37
11/6/18

SCAM...SCAM...SCAM!!!!! I am an avid online shopper/rebate getter, and I have been clicking on SHOP AT HOME's button for over a year. Last month, I got tired of not seeing my rebates, so I complained. My compensation...$.12.

BEWARE!!!!! BEWARE!!!!! BEWARE!!!!!

SCAM>>>SCAM>>>SCAM

garryb27
2/11/18

I never received any money back from Shopathome though I have bought many things throught it.So I would never use it again! To be honest, A new site : Dealsgo is better than Shopathome! It really send me the gift card after I review the exercise bands (5 set) I bought! And it also shares amount of amazon promo code.

rf61
8/7/17

We've used ShopAtHome for more than five years. Initially it was worth the extra hassle to log into their site before shopping, but recently they quit paying for large purchases and use excuses / spiels that it was the retailer's fault or it didn't meet guidelines, etc. I'm sorry, but when we have used the SAME retailer multiple times every year for regular purchases and ALL small receipts under $200.00 get cashback EXCEPT the large purchase receipts with the SAME household products and a few additional items that met guidelines and SHOULD have qualified then we are getting scammed. WHY would we want to keep giving Shop At Home our personal information and buying history to get cash back if Shop At Home isn't going to honor our large purchases that MET the guidelines anymore...Hope they see this review and realize how many people they are losing. We WILL NOT RECOMMEND THEM AGAIN........FYI Shop AT Home don't even bother posting a please contact us comment like you have on other reviews.....We have done that, followed all rules, contacted customer service AND the retailer that verified our purchase and you STILL tried to blame it on the retailer........Not falling for it again, you are scamming people and you know it. For those that say this is free $ they get their's from affiliate programs and advertise like we get cash back, but they are becoming unethical when they don't honor our part of the cash back even after purchases met the guidelines. We will be going with OTHER companies from now on.

leeanng2
2/24/17

Sometimes its works and sometimes it doesn't. I didn't get cash back from a large appliance purchase. I was told repeatedly that another site was credited as the originating site therefor it was not their issue. This has happened more than once and generally on larger items. I get the same song and dance that it's not their issue but the suppliers and they can't give what they don't get. I just ordered something in January and had to now file a "wheres my cash back" because it was not credited and I just made another large purchase and tracked the track back to be sure it came from their site so we will see how it ends up but I am not hopeful as this seems to be a regular thing. I have had much better luck with coupon cabin.

RESPONSE TO ANNETTE from Shop at home -- This is Shopathomes blanket response. It does not address the issues your site clearly has. It's obviously a system issue as dozens of reviews state the same issues. Rather than referring people to the FAQ maybe Shopathome should look at addressing the real issues here. Have a nice day!

Response from Annette N., ShopAtHome Representative
Lee-Ann,

We are always happy to research missing purchase. However, in the even that a store's tracking records shows an order was credited to another publisher, the order does not qualify for cash back from ShopAtHome.com.

Please refer to our FAQs and terms and conditions for additional details on qualifying purchases. If you have questions, please contact our customer service team.

jmc4
2/24/17

I have earned ~ 5,200 in cash back for the last 7 years, using 6 or 7 different cash back sites, so I know the rules and am always very careful. Please, be careful too when using ShopAtHome as your cash back platform. I have experienced so many problems with them that I stopped using them as my go-to cash back site. Recently, they refused to credit my account for an order placed on Amazon.com. The reason they gave me makes no sense. The more I tried to explain why, the more they argued with me. I think about 1/3 of my clicks are not paid or result in incident tickets. I never experience any issue with Ebates.com for instance. I cannot possibly make mistakes only when I use ShopAtHome.

Should you experience a problem with ShopAtHome, they will tell you that the merchant did not credit ShopAtHome for your order. It's usually the answer they always give. Be suspicious and don't believe them.

Another problem. I contacted ShopAtHome about cash back not being credited, and the customer service rep who dealt with my case/ticket kept arguing with me, spamming my inbox with more and more emails to make his/her point. I have never seen that before. This is highly unprofessional. So disrespectful!

Response from Annette N., ShopAtHome Representative
We apologize that we were unable to get your Amazon order credited. However, per our terms and conditions, when a an affiliate store does not credit an order to ShopAtHome, the order does not qualify for cash back. Please note that when the store shows that another channel was credited for referring your order, they will not also credit ShopAtHome.com.

richardp161
2/7/17

ShopAtHome.com will payout on small purchases and then when you place a big order they will lie and fabricate any excuse to deny legitimate cashback. This happened 2 times. It was not my error, they are just lying scammers who pocket your cashback for themselves and refuse to payout. These crooks should be in jail. There are more reliable cashback sites out there.

Response from Annette N., ShopAtHome Representative
Richard,

ShopAtHome offers cash back when the affiliate store credits us for referring your order. When the store declines to credit ShopAtHome, the order does not qualify for cash back.

We apologize that your orders did not qualify. Please refer to both our FAQs and our terms and conditions for additional information on Qualifying Purchases.

lindam360
2/6/17

I've been using ShopAtHome since 2013 and they have always sent my check on time and paid back very well. I teach finances and highly recommend them to everyone I meet.Their customer service is great too! Try them, you won't be sorry.
L Murray

karthickr4
2/6/17

This is my first time I am using shopathome and I had made purchases for black friday last year. My account was showing that money was supposed to be sent on 1/31 and on 02/02, my account balance went to 0. I checked my paypal account and I dont not see any money transferred from shopathome. I have sent 3 emails to their customer service and have a ticket open but I get only a standard answer that they have transferred the money and I should contact paypal. They would not provide any transaction id or any other information, which should be given if they had really credited my paypal account. I have contacted paypal and they do not see any incoming transaction from shopathome. This leads me to feel and think that this is just a scam. I have used other cashback sites like ebates and have had positive experiences. I would advise others to stay away from shopathome

gp66
1/7/17

I had two large click thrus that I made sure were done properly for Vividseats, and shopathome.com refused to credit me for either of them. and provided 0 evidence of why I shouldn't have received it.

Response from Annette N., ShopAtHome Representative
Hi G!

Thank you for posting your comments. We apologize that your order did not qualify for cash back. Please see our response to your service ticket, as we have provided additional details about how your order was researched with the store.

Please be sure to review our FAQs for information on how purchases qualify for cash back rewards.

kimmerr
1/1/17

I just got lucky and find this site one day, I saw they had many of the stores I shop at and with discounts and to my surprise they sent me a check! I was so happy and so was my husband, ha. I always start my shopping with ShopAtHome. Thanks, Kimme

Response from Annette N., ShopAtHome Representative
Hi Kimmie!

Awesome to read that you are saving with your ShopAtHome.com cash back rewards! We offer terrific cash back all year long, so be sure to continue starting your online shopping trips with ShopAtHome.com!

Happy New Year!
paml36
11/1/16

Their check mailing schedule is a little confusing, but you get money here and there. Just be sure to shop through the site. It's not like you're paying for it; you're not buying from them. You get back some of the the money you're gonna spend anyway. Shop, and forget about it - surprise in the mail.

Response from Annette N., ShopAtHome Representative
Hi Pam!

We are super happy to hear you are earning cash back rewards with ShopAtHome.com. If we can help answer any questions about our payout process, please contact our customer service department here: http://www.shopathome.com/help and they will be happy to answer any questions you have.

cindyd57
10/30/16

In the past I didn't get paid, and had to "request" payment from Shop At Home. Currently I have 2 cases open. I made a $360 purchase at Saksoff5th and I reserved a hotel for 4 nights for $1,190. I should have gotten over $100 back, but I received NOTHING except excuses about these 2 transactions from ShopAtHome. Maybe this a scam? Now they are trying to blame Saks and Groupon Getaways for not processing the purchases correctly.

Response from Annette N., ShopAtHome Representative
Hi Cindy,

Per our response to ticket 331361 on 11/17, we researched your missing Saksoff5th purchase with the store. The store agreed to credit the order to ShopAtHome.com and your account was credited with the cash back reward.

We responded to ticket 331357 regarding your missing Groupon purchase requesting a valid Order ID on 11/1/16. Per our response, we attempted to research the missing order with the order number you provided, but Groupon is requesting the 9 digit order ID. If you can respond to ticket 331357 with the 9 digit order id, we will be happy to research this order further with Groupon.

doloress14
10/30/16

I've Never Gotten CASH BACK?

Response from Annette N., ShopAtHome Representative
Hi Dolores,

We apologize that we have not responded to your review sooner. We want to help with your missing cash back.

If you could please submit a missing cash back inquiry for your missing purchases here: http://www.shopathome.com/rebateinquiry.aspx, we will be happy to review your account and research your missing orders. Please be sure to review our FAQs for important information on how purchases qualify for cash back rewards. Our FAQs are listed here: http://www.shopathome.com/faqs.

klv1
10/30/16

I joined Shopathome for several years and I buy a lot online. I never received any money back or given any credit, last week I bought several stuffs on line and I checking right away if they given me any credit or cash back... I see none, zero. This company is a fraud. They steal your money when you shop on line. Don't buy nothing on ShopAtHome and don't give them any chance to get rich on your expenses... Shame on you "ShopAtHome" is a thief, a consumer thief.

linm12
10/2/16

I have had a good experience with Shop At Home until lately. I have received a couple of checks in the mail and was happy. Recently, for some reason, the purchases I made did not show up for cash back. I have submitted missing cash back reports on the purchases per the instructions from Customer Service. So far I have been notified that two of them are being credited to my cash back. I am patiently waiting to hear a response on the others ones I submitted. I am not sure what happened or if I am doing something wrong as before it was just working perfectly. I have always received a response to my emails within a few days. I am hoping for a solution soon and if I am not doing something right that they can tell me what to change in how I shopped for those orders.

cathrynr1
10/2/16

It's quick, easy and i get money back on things i would purchase anyway! I have received several checks from them. the only thing that would make it better is to have the choice to save up to 50.00 before getting your check instead of 20.00.

lizw39
10/2/16

I used to us another cash back site but when I found that ShopAtHome offered a 110% price match guarantee with that site and others I was convinced that SAH was the best bet! I also touted this guarantee to many friends.

Alas, there is no more price matching. While I do still use SAH, I am careful to check other cash back sites to see who offers the best deal.

I have never had any problem with getting my money from SAH. Their customer service is a little slow to respond, but they do respond and I appreciate that.

mariettad
10/2/16

In the 1yr we've been using SAH for our online purchases, my family & I have saved between $100-$150, in the form of checks sent quarterly based on purchases made the prior 90 days. It's the simplest thing in the world: sign up, visit SAH before making an online purchase, click through their link and you will earn a certain percentage (0.5% - 12%+) of your total pre-tax purchase price.

stephanies162
10/2/16

I've completed my Christmas shopping with Shop at Home's help in just one month. I have $40 coming too! No trying to take pictures of receipts from my phone and having them rejected for one reason or another. Great site for seniors and those who don't drive and do most of their shopping online. Thanks Shop at Home!

donnaj26
10/1/16

I have tried numerous times to unsubscribe, but it won't let me. When I research it, it says this is a virus and should be uninstalled ASAP. I did notice something different about how my computer acted. It was slower and I now know it is because of ShopatHome. It also changed the way my home paged looked. I still haven't figured out how to get it off of my computer. I am over whelmed with their emails.

susand150
9/24/16

It is a great way to buy the products you would purchase anyway with a bonus of cash back. I have received several checks from shopathome already!

Response from Annette N., ShopAtHome Representative
Susan, that is awesome!!!! We are thrilled to hear that you are saving big with cash back from ShopAtHome.com! The holidays are right around the corner. ShopAtHome.com will be offering some really amazing cash back deals to help you save big with your holiday shopping!
sarah2923
8/28/16

I figure either you can earn a little bit of extra cash for doing ABSOLUTELY NOTHING, or earn an extra NOTHING. A little is better than none!!!

If I could only remember to activate the rewards each time UGH

Response from Annette N., ShopAtHome Representative
Sara, if you download the ShopAtHome.com browser savings app, you can get reminders when you go to the stores' sites directly. For more information on our browser savings app, click here: http://www.shopathome.com/toolbar-info. We are super thrilled to see that you are earning cash back. We strive to make it easy for you and love when our members earn something for doing shopping they were going to do anyway. So awesome!

SCAM...SCAM...SCAM!!!! SCAM...SCAM...SCAM!!!!! I am an avid online shopper/rebate getter, and I have been clicking on SHOP AT HOME's button for over a year. Last month, I got tired of not seeing my rebates, so I complained. My compensation...$.50 i have make a redeem my 50 dollar cashback to my paypal up 3 days and they did not paying to me and no costumer services respond the scamming peaple the earn money for them selfs they don't paying to the costumers. I have removed this from my computer and will be sure to tell EVERYONE I know...Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Email...You name it, I will put it up there. BEWARE!!!!! BEWARE!!!!! BEWARE!!!!! shop at home SCAM>>>SCAM>>>SCAM

By touati i.

Laura, Purchases are eligible after 60 days. Therefore, you would have to have reached $20 in cash back on qualified purchases, for example, with qualified purchases made through 6/30/17 to receive a payout on 8/31/17. Note that bonus cash back is not payable until you have $20 in cash back from qualified purchases. If you have additional questions, we can better address them if you use the contact us page on our site. Thank you! ShopAtHome

By Annette N., ShopAtHome Representative

Great question, Dana! Cash Back Reward checks are issued each time you reach a minimum of $20 in Cash Back Rewards by the Cash Back Earned Date. If your Cash Back Rewards balance is under $20, the balance will roll over to the next scheduled payment period. You must accrue $20 in Cash Back Rewards by the Cash Back Earned Date to qualify for a check. We issue Cash Back Reward checks at the end of each month for Cash Back Rewards earned by the end of the month, two months prior. For example: to receive a check on the 7/31 payout, you would have to have earned $20 in Cash Back Rewards on purchases made through 5/31. If you did not reach the $20 minimum, your rewards would roll into the next month until you reach the $20 minimum by the Cash Back Earned Date for a given payout period. For additional details, please login into your ShopAtHome.com account and refer to the Cash Back Payout Schedule located under "My Cash Back https://secure.shopathome.com/MyCashBackHistory.aspx. If you have any additional questions about your ShopAtHome.com account, please contact us here: http://www.shopathome.com/help/contact and we will be happy to help!

By Annette N.

Hey Millie, Please refer to our response on your posted review. Thanks!

By Annette N., ShopAtHome Representative

Yes, Walmart is one of our Cash Back Affiliates!

By Annette N., ShopAtHome Representative

With the new My Rewards layout listed on your My Cash Back page, you will find the Sale Amount, Order and associated Track Back number listed under the store name under Details. If you are not seeing this information on your My Cash Back page, please contact us here: http://www.shopathome.com/help/contact and our customer service team will be happy to review your account.

By Annette N., ShopAtHome Representative

Hello! Thanks for the question! In order to research your request I am going to need more information! If you want to message me I can look into it personally or if you would like you can email Service@ShopAtHome.com and someone from our Customer Service team will see to all of your questions! Thanks, Jarrod

By Annette N., ShopAtHome Representative

Questions? Get answers from the ShopAtHome staff and other customers.

3 Photos for ShopAtHome