Review of ShoeDazzle

El Segundo, CA, US
Tel: 1.888.508.1888

tees10
1/14/18

I ordered some shoes from shoe dazzle for Christmas they were cute Ill give them this they have very nice shoes. I became a VIP member the rules when becoming a VIP member are you have 5 days to skip the month so for 5 days straight I kept going on the site trying to skip the month but it told me that I already had so I checked once more on the 6th day and it said the same thing so I left it alone. I get a notification today Jan 12th saying my card has been used for a purchase of $51 dollars ( I live in Canada ) VIP membership is $39 US. so I go to my bank app I see theyve taken money out of my account, I was livid I called customer service and was on hold for almost an hour when I got on the phone I spoke to a very helpful man and according to him I didnt skip the month and I told him what the site was saying and he said its okay they can give me my refund but next time just skip the month. My money was back in my account within a couple of hours but they didnt refund me back the whole thing this website and justfab are full of crap Im cancelling my membership I can find cute affordable shoes elsewhere and not have to deal with BS.

erinc93
1/14/18

I wrote two reviews on two pairs of boots. A 5 star review, which was posted right away, and a 2 star review which is still "pending approval" over a month later. Both reviews were completely honest. The 2 star review stated that my boots started fraying and the bow in back came untied after wearing them once. I included a photo as well. They just were not good quality, which people need to know before buying. Apparently, shoedazzle only posts reviews that they think are acceptable, which is why you dont see any negative reviews anywhere! I'm calling tomorrow to cancel my account.

tirthog
1/14/18

Cause once to buy a pair of shoes you are unaware that you will constantly be charged $40 every month. Till you figure out that you need to cancel your membership..oh btw thats hard to do as well..their call center number does not work and neither does their chat service... Let me know if there is a better way to cancel this service and get a refund... I am still searching....

kath5188
1/6/18

I'm going to lay out my experience as simply as I can to show how unethical and unprofessional this company has been.

((It's quite long winded because I think it's important to warn everyone else, so here is the TL;DR. ShoeDazzle failed to give me my full sign on discounts. Later I wanted to cancel membership, was told I could skip the month. Tried to skip, website said I'd skipped, was charged later that month anyway. Customer service member attempted to blame me for not skipping, I showed screencaps proving I'd skipped. They eventually offered a refund, which I still have not received almost a month later, though they said it'd be 5-7 business days. The company has many shady practices. Stay far away.))

On Sept. 9th I placed an order for two pairs of boots, a part of ShoeDazzles VIP 2 for $39.95 sign up deal. As far as I understood, my order was placed successfully and I had a confirmation. A package showed up two weeks later that contained only one pair of boots. I figured that perhaps the other boots were sent out a day later or something. Not so.

Therefore I went back on the account to find out what was happening, and it stated that my other pair of boots was out of stock and therefore got cancelled. Not a huge deal, in and of itself. I figured I could simply select another pair. When I tried, it would not give me the discount anymore for the 2 for $39.95, I figured that since it was an automated system this was likely the problem.

At this time, I contacted customer service through live chat to attempt to be discounted since I had not received the sign on deal that they'd promised. The customer service rep (Darling R.) told me that they could assist me and to add an item to my cart and they would apply the necessary discount. I tried to do this and told them, and they never responded. I figured I was out that discount, but at least I hadn't been charged for it. Whatever, not that big of a deal.

I used October and November VIP credits to get two more pairs of boots, they came and were nice. On Dec. 2nd, I contacted the live chat because I wanted to cancel my account since I knew I would not have the money that month. The customer service rep (Zeth) responded on Dec. 3rd. He told me about the option to skip the month, so that I would not be charged for the fee that month.

I thought that was a good enough answer so I went on and skipped the month. Zeth told me that if I skipped by the 5th of the month, I wouldn't get charged. I took a screen cap on the 3rd that showed I had skipped the month of December. On Dec. 9th, I was charged $39.95. I went back on the site and saw that it no longer showed me as having skipped the month. Obviously, I was angry and frustrated, especially since this affected Christmas.

I contacted customer service again, this time the customer service rep was much less polite. Again, I was talking with Zeth. First, Zeth tried to tell me that it was my fault because I had skipped the month on my phone and not on my computer. I told him that it shouldn't matter what device I use, if I say skip a month and then check that it shows I skipped the month MULTIPLE times over MULTIPLE days, including taking a screen cap to prove it, I should be in the clear. I was told I'd be charged on the 6th, so I checked both my bank and ShoeDazzle on the 6th, 7th, and 8th, and I wasn't charged, and the website still showed I'd skipped the month. I was charged on Dec. 9th, and suddenly my account said I had accumulated VIP credit instead of saying that I'd skipped the month. Zeth asked for the screen cap and asked if I had an email verifying I'd skipped the month. I told him that no one sent me an email, and that I'd never received an email from ShoeDazzle for anything, even when an order had shipped.

He took the screen shot and they apparently reviewed our chat logs. Again, he tried to blame me by stating that in our previous conversation I'd only asked HOW to skip the month, "but you never requested to skip the month". I told him that I PERSONALLY skipped the month as I'd already told him, I didn't saythat he skipped the month for me.

Then, he said that he would refund me, but it would take 5-7 business days. I told him that I wanted a confirmation email stating that I would be receiving a refund. He told me, "We are sorry but we never send an email confirmation of a refund." Which seemed pretty shady to me. I asked why they would supposedly send an email stating you've skipped a month, but not send an email confirming a refund. He told me he would only give me a transaction number for the refund, Which he did.

Again, that was on December 9th. Here it is, Jan. 3rd, and I have yet to receive a refund. I contacted them on Dec. 30th and the customer service rep said that if my refund hadn't arrived, i had to contact my bank. Obviously, the bank was closed, and now I'm STILL trying to get my refund almost a month later.

I cannot caution you all enough.
BUYER BEWARE.

Response from Sherry E., ShoeDazzle Representative
Hello Kat,

We are disappointed to hear that you had a bad experience with our services and we offer our sincere apologies. Please Allow us to contact you within 24-48 hours to make things right.

mp144
12/31/17

Shoes never fit and return policy only allows some of the shoes to be returned. I returned one pair for a credit of $9.99 which was less than I paid. When I tried to use the store credit, the promotional costs were increased to full retail prices. I would have given them zero stars if allowed. I paid for three pair of boots and have nothing to show for it.

Response from Sherry E., ShoeDazzle Representative
Hello Melinda,

We deeply value your relationship with Shoedazzle and we are committed to providing you with the highest level of service simply because our members deserve the very best. Our member services team will get in touch with you within 24-48 hours to further assist you.

kerriem9
12/31/17

Seriously, it doesn't get any worse than this. I cancelled an order 1 hour after it was placed. Through their chat ''customer service'' Van the person I was typing with confirmed order cancelled. 2 days later I receive an email saying my order shipped.
Contacted again, now a Julie said oh were so sorry for the mistake please just return the merchandise and you'll get a refund. There's nothing we can do now. 3 weeks later the merchandise is returned, i recontact to find out about the refund that was returned 3 days prior.. They NEED ANOTHER 5 BUSINESS DAYS TO PROCESS THE RETURN!!!
The worst part... I finally received my ''refund'' they refunded me 10.35$ ON A 36.75$ ORDER!!!! Charged me 6.95$ restocking fee for all three items and refunded only 30%
What a joke! And there's no customer service when you contact them. Just constant brushing off. Had to open ''chat'' 4 times to not even receive a FULL REFUND ON THEIR MISTAKE!
WORST COMPANY IN THE WORLD!

Response from Sherry E., ShoeDazzle Representative
Hello Kerrie,

We’re sorry to hear about what sounds like a frustrating experience. Our member services team will get in touch with you right away. Thanks!

valerieg46
12/30/17

Placing my order was simple, items arrived quickly and were well protected in the packaging. Boots and jumpsuit fit true to size and I am wearing the boots almost everyday! Highly recommend the ALAINA FLAT BOOT.

Response from Sherry E., ShoeDazzle Representative
Hello Valerie,

We are happy to know that you are satisfied with your purchase. Enjoy your awesome boots!

maryi29
12/26/17

My shoes were way beyond my expectations. I love them a lot!!! I am going to wear some of the shoes for NYE...

Response from Sherry E., ShoeDazzle Representative
Hello Mary,

We are happy to know that you are satisfied with your purchase. Enjoy your awesome shoes!

XoXo,
londona
12/24/17

I love all the products I have purchased from SD and the customer service has always been very helpful. Happy customer!

Response from Sherry E., ShoeDazzle Representative
Hello London,

Thank you for the positive feedback! We are happy to know that you love our products and services!

morenikeo
12/24/17

I received my items in great conditions! Bought two booties and a backpack. Received them in a good time and the shoes fit amazingly!

Response from Sherry E., ShoeDazzle Representative
Hello Morenike,

Thank you for giving Shoedazzle a positive feedback! We are happy to know that your package arrived in a timely manner. Enjoy your purchase!

maryannb20
12/23/17

I also am waiting for a REFUND for my mom getting the run around almost 4 weeks they put the money in her account and then took it back out and WILL NOT GIVE IT BACK so much for the holiday spirit about to BLAST them on line and oh yes they credited the money to my account which I closed must be the wealthy need the money more than us who want to treat ourselves every so often. My comment IS NOT SPAM THIS IS REALLY HAPPENING RIGHT NOW who are you to say it is spam I am a REAL Consumer I have been told SINCE 12/11/17 the money would be put back now I am told 3 more days which makes it the day AFTER Christmas makes for a great Christmas for my family

Response from Sherry E., ShoeDazzle Representative
Hello MaryAnn,

We sincerely apologize if you have not received your refund. We will be contacting you within 24-48 hours to help you further.

jahairam
12/21/17

I cant remember the last time i had bad service with Shoedazzle. I have nothing to complain, but surely praise

Response from Sherry E., ShoeDazzle Representative
Hello Jahaira,

Wow! Thank you so much for an awesome feedback! We are happy to know that you love our products and services! Have a fabulous day!

gretad3
12/21/17

I love Shoedazzle! They always take care of me. In addition to the great service, the company just has great products.

Response from Sherry E., ShoeDazzle Representative
Hello Greta,

Great feedback! We always make sure to make beautiful and quality items at a very affordable price just for you!

kerryannw
Kerry-Ann W.
12/21/17

Never had a bad experience with shoedazzle! Great customer service! Always treat me right and always find a solution to any of my concerns

Response from Sherry E., ShoeDazzle Representative
Hello Kerry-Ann,

We are happy to know that you are satisfied with the services we provided. Have a fabulous day!

andis17
12/21/17

I absolutely love SD! Pretty much all my shoes come from them as well as often clothing and handbag purchases.

Response from Sherry E., ShoeDazzle Representative
Hello Andi,

We are so fortunate to have members like you who continuously admire our products and services. Thank you for choosing JustFab!

cracindab
12/21/17

Im extremely satisfied with my ShoeDazzle membership. ShoeDazzle keeps me on trend at affordable prices.

Response from Sherry E., ShoeDazzle Representative
Hello CraCinda,

Wonderful feedback! We always try to keep our pricing as reasonable as we can for our dear members!

adrienneb26
12/21/17

I always enjoy shopping at Shoedazzle. The selection and styles are on point and affordable. I am a brand ambassador and I promote the brand everyday. I'm a walking bilboard.

Response from Sherry E., ShoeDazzle Representative
Hello Adrienne,

Thank you for being our brand ambassador! You are awesome!

dianas144
12/17/17

ShoeDazzle, please free my from your imprisonment. I can no longer afford your almost $40.00/month fees because I'm no longer buying your products or viewing your site. You've gone too far this time by taking my money from an account that has never been used to purchase items. I'm yelling THEFT !!!!!!!!!!! SCAM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ILLEGAL PRACTICE !!!!

Response from Sherry E., ShoeDazzle Representative
Hello Diana,

We are saddened to know that you are thinking of going away. Allow us to contact you within 24-48 hours to make things right.

karanw1
12/14/17

I ordered a pair of boots, they sent me the wrong size. No biggie, they were cheap bc of a deal to come back. I ordered another pair, they showed available-took money out of my account...2 weeks later, i get an email saying the order was cancelled. this happened 4 more times that (3 pair in one order-wasnt a fool on 4 seperate times!)...called today and cancelled...

Tip for consumers: ORDER HISTORY

TEAL
GUNMETAL
11/22/17 502439496
Shipped

Response from Sherry E., ShoeDazzle Representative
Hello Karan,

Thank you for writing a review! We are very sorry to hear that the items you like are sold out. We will be contacting you within 24-48 hours to help you further.

melissah146
12/13/17

I bought I pair of boots a month ago, everything was ok and I forgot about it (was one time experience, curiosity mostly) today I checked my bank account and they are charging me for something I dont even know... when I call they explain is for the vip membership when did I knew about this? Excuse me!!?? I didnt even know that join the vip membership means paying every month... like wtf.,!?$ she explains to me that is in the small letters when I signed up .... like if the 60 minutes was enough for read that, plus buying he damn pair of shoes.... this is totally incorrect, they shouldn't be charging to people just because.... they should warn you and then you decide if you pay or not.... Im completely angry, is very wrong what they do, they fool people... PEOPLE DONT BUY IN THIS WEBSITE, THEY WILL BE CHARGING YOU EVERY SINGLE MONTH WITHOUT YOUR CONSENT!!!!!!

Response from Sherry E., ShoeDazzle Representative
Hello Melissa,

ashleys251
12/12/17

This company is AWFUL! Cancelled my membership back in October (purchased shoes in September and they didn't fit) the man was kind enough to refund me the oct "fee" however failed to mention the account wasn't actually cancelled. 2 months later, they are still charging me the monthly fee! I call in to speak with a representative and they won't refund the last 2 months because I canceled my membership moments prior to reaching a live agent via their automated system. I asked to speak with a manager. The rep claimed ALL managers were busy then hung up on me.

Response from Sherry E., ShoeDazzle Representative
Hello Ashley,

jamh3
12/7/17

Do not do ANY business with this company. The merchandise is cheap, terrible customer service, overpriced, The list goes on!!! They trick you into buying more and refunds cost about $6 each unless you use store credit. Store credit cant be used for shipping, free shipping is cancelled if you are using store credit. They tricked me into using my points for a discount then cancelled my free shipping and did not allow me to discard the 20% discount. I literally took a 20% discount to actual pay more for shipping. I was trying to use up the rest of store credit, otherwise I would not have purchased anything from them. I don't know how they are still in business.

Response from Sherry E., ShoeDazzle Representative
Hello Jam,

We are very sorry to hear that you are dissatisfied with how the credit works. We will be contacting you within 24-48 hours to help you further.

aprila30
12/6/17

Rip offs messed up my bank account said they give my refunds today still waiting caught customer service in lies 9n phone with me I recorded her so 10 dollar boots I ended paying 60 something credits of the 39.95 a lie tried to use they charged my account again now as of today I'm overdrawn again said they send me confirming emails of my refunds I would get back today nothing my boots I wore twice both zippers broke already and believe me my legs are so skinny they didn't do it false advertisements and they lie lie I'll come back let you know if I've ever did receive my refunds this place is b's my name April Adcox

Response from Sherry E., ShoeDazzle Representative
Hello April,

We are so sorry that this happened. We’ll be sending you a private message now so we can get this resolved as soon as possible. Thanks!

emmas119
12/6/17

I became a VIP member a month ago and bought the pair of boots for $10. Took two weeks to deliver, ok fine, I wasn't in a rush to get them anyways. The size 10 fits just fine but the shoe is pretty poor quality, especially the yarn/knitted trimming at the top, which is incredibly cheap and loose. So, I decided to cancel my membership and called yesterday, but was put on hold for 15 minutes when I was short on time so I decided to try again today and it was successful; I was polite but firm with the representative on the phone (which is always the best way to go) and he finally canceled it.

However, what bothers me is that so many of these 1 star reviews are because people didn't PAY ATTENTION to the details it tells you about what happens when you sign up for the VIP membership. The writing is there. And maybe it's because I already am a VIP member with Fabletics, but I always have a reminder set on my phone to remember to skip the month. It's not that hard to do. Also, for those of you who didn't realize you were being charged monthly for 1+ years: do you not ever check your bank account statements?? Jeez.

Nevertheless, after reading all these negative reviews I decided to cancel now instead of later to avoid any of the financial"mistakes" the company made via bad returns, no refunds or worse.

Tip for consumers: SHOP SMART. Always read the fine print of any subscription or membership you sign up for online.

Response from Sherry E., ShoeDazzle Representative
Hello Emma,

We are very sorry to hear that you are dissatisfied with the quality of the item. We will be contacting you within 24-48 hours to help you further.

pattiv6
12/5/17

Beware - Shoedazzle requires you to opt out every month by the 5th, and it's not just a 'click here' type of opt-out, it takes several screens and if you don't click each screen you will have money deducted from your account. This money is considered "CREDITS" on Shoedazzle, and can then only be used on full priced merchandise - can't use credits for sales, bogos, just full priced stuff. Which makes no sense at all, it's money of mine THEY ALREADY HAVE so what difference does it make what I spend it on? The shoes I've bought are okay, decent quality but mostly their merch is sort of boring and basic.

Response from Sherry E., ShoeDazzle Representative
Hello Patti,

Sherry

Until you purchase your first pair of shoes they will not charge you. Once you do you then have till the 5th of each month to skip. If you forget to do this then you will be charged the $39.95 monthly membership fee. If you choose to cancel you have to call CS and they will cancel. The CS is great and the shoes are good For $39.95 the quality is decent! hope this helps!

By J K.

This is a pattern with this company!!! This also happened to me after I canceled my account when I called they talked me out of it by crediting my account for 1 month then giving me 500 points. Don't fall for it you can find better quality shoes so many other places!!! Take the credit and run fast and don't look back!!! They don't deserve our business!!!

By JANET L.

There's no cancelation fee.

By Jenie L.

There is no sign up fee. You must 'skip the month ' by the 5th of the month to avoid being charged $39.95 (which is applied to any purchase) while still being a member. Or you can just cancel completely at any time.

By elizabeth o.

I was a good customer until they treated me so bad by not being a good business. I ordered a pair of boots when they arrived I tried on one boot not both and when I called to let them know I received two left feet they didn't give a damn! If you are looking for good quality for less try Zara or Aldo they stand behind they products and the quality and style of shoes are excellent don't waste your time with Shoe Dazzle they will definitely disappoint you on the end!! Good-luck!!! Janet

bad quality

By Brit E.

The only thing that I know to do is call. The customer service number I have for them is 888-508-1888. That said, I never found their customer service reps that helpful.

By M B.

I honestly don't know. Think mine came UPS in the states.

By Collette A.

If you call the toll free number 1-888-508-1888 and ask them to verify your VIP Membership was canceled they will be able to tell you. Word to the wise.....check your bank statement to make sure they didn't charge you, they have a habit of doing that even after you cancel, it happened to me! Have a great day! Janet

By JANET L.

If you just need to change your account details, shipping address, etc., you can do this hovering your mouse's arrow at the top towards the right where it says VIP account (it should be to the left of the checkout button). A drop down menu should then appear. Click on account details. After that, you should see a menu on the right. Click to change whatever details you need to. Don't forget to hit the save changes button! To discontinue your membership with Shoedazzle, I believe you have to call them personally.

By Gina S.
Questions? Get answers from the ShoeDazzle staff and other customers.

9 Photos for ShoeDazzle