Review of SeneGence

Tel: 949.521.6161
australiainfo@senegence.com

mariaw170
1/24/19

My friend sells SeneGence and mentioned the face wash that completely changed her skin for the better. She sent me samples and I ended up with a chemical burn all over my face that lasted two weeks. It looked as though I had a horrible sunburn - in the middle of winter - and my skin was too irritated to put ANYTHING on it to help it.

That should have been a lesson learned but she said she felt bad and promised to give me a discount if I purchased anything. I said I would put $30.00 toward a "snag bag" (a holiday "game" of sorts where you say how much you are willing to pay and receive a surprise package of products). $30.00 + $6.00 in shipping and I was the new owner of a black mascara! That was fine because I needed mascara. (I normally use Falsies by, I think Maybelline - purple tube, awesome stuff). On my first application, I noticed that my lashes were spreading in awkward angles instead of being pulled straight with a lifted curl at the ends. It also seemed much clumpier than I was used to. I used the product periodically over the past two months and began to notice fibers in the tube and falling off my lashes - in addition to my lashes breaking off and falling out. I used to have long, thick lashes...not so much anymore. Last night, one of the fibers fell into my eye and I couldn't get it out. By morning, my eye was red and irritated. (Still is.) I contacted Senegence and they said there are no fibers in their mascara - I sent photos of the fibers and will be sending my product back for a refund.

I played one of the in-group games on Facebook and won Lipsense. I was super excited about this, as I am a major lip gloss/tint junkie! I love them!! I normally use Hard Candy from Walmart but thought I would give Lipsense a go, especially since it was free. I did my research this time, considering the bad reactions to the face wash and now the mascara. I read that the Lipsense might burn a bit so I tested it on my hand. Yep, it burned. Not so much that I felt I was dying but enough to get my attention. I ignored the wise advice of my boyfriend to not put it on my lips and applied it anyway. Immediately, my lips began to burn - similar to how my face felt after the face wash. Once it dried, within 30 seconds, I could barely move my lips. They felt instantly dried out and extremely irritated. I wiped the product off with a baby wipe and immediately applied Carmex. All day long, I applied more and more, as my lips felt like they couldn't get enough moisture. Within 2 - 3 days, my lips were peeling and I had acne forming near my lips.

In short, it is extremely expensive and not something I would ever trust on my skin, even if I received a big box of it for free. These products are scary irritating and I'm concerned could cause real harm to people's skin (and eyes).

terryn63
11/9/18

Tried the lipstick...HORRIBLE!!! Lips burned and feels gross on the lips. The skincare products aren't what they say they are, better off buying Olay products.

coletteb10
11/8/18

I ordered Lash Sense Waterproof Mascara for $20 plus shipping. I received it two weeks later and the tube was totally empty. Senegence wants me to pay a 10% restocking fee and shipping again when it is their mistake their is NO PRODUCT to try. They do not take care of their customers or distributors. They charged the distributor a 10% restocking fee and shipping twice as well. I refuse to buy their crap again!!!!! If I still want the mascara, I will need to wait about a month or so being they are out of stock! They need to go out of business for good!!!!!!!!

gayep3
9/6/18

I first bough the LipSense - hated it. Burned and did not last like promised. Awful. Then my distributor sold me a $200.00 set of cleanser, moisturizers and eye cream. Only the night cream was decent. The rest was not even worth using. But the WORST is the eye cream. Even a speck of it cakes in my fine lines under my eyes. I was told to use less - no difference. Then I was told to only use it at night and get another one for day. WHAT??? The 3 in 1 cleanser is so harsh that I could never use it twice a day as recommended. I just threw $200.00 away. :(

sandyk80
8/17/18

I can wear any cheap dollar store brand make up, avon, etc. but i CANNOT wear anything from this company, especially lipsense. I had a reaction from it (shedding skin, rash and pimples) all around my mouth from this product. This is not healthy nor should be tolerated on the market! I had to stop immediately and getting my money back was a little difficult. I purchased the item around Xmas and didnt use it right away, so naturally the distributor didn't want to take it back. And it appeared she doesn't keep that much stock on hand, always had to get from other people. Whole experience was weird!

shelleyb76
8/14/18

I was asked to buy product via an online party of a friend of mine. I wanted to help her out so I purchased a lipstick and the eye creme. It cost over a hundred dollars which was ridiculous. I will be reporting this company to the FDA. I received my eye cream in an unmarked white plastic container with a blue lid. On the underside of the container was a small sticker which said eyecreme. That's it. The container was not tamper proof, it wasn't sealed and there wasn't any instructions for use, ingredient list , or manufactures address and phone number; all of which is required by the FDA. This company needs to be shut down. Do not buy their product. The largest cost to any cosmetic is the price of the container it comes in because it must contain so much information. This plastic container the creme came in didn't even come in a box with information on it ; it came in a bubble wrap bag!!! That also didn't have any information on it , none. The company must be pocketing all the money you are spending on their unlabeled bubble wrapped product. It is a dangerous and unlawful practice to sell things in unsealed containers. Please don't risk trying their products. Their lipsticks arrived properly labeled and sealed but I will not endorse anything this company sells.

tinalouisel
8/13/18

Over-priced merchandise and poor corporate customer service. I purchased the SeneSerum-C and tried it twice. The "beauty beads" fail to dissolve completely making it look like there's white flakes (dandruff) all over your skin. And the glitter/shimmer! Ugh! I'm in my mid-40's and do not want to be covered in glitter. Save that for the 12 year olds! And I must say that nowhere in the product description could I find anything that states this product contains glitter (or I'd have passed on this purchase in the first place). I also didn't like the perfumey fragrance, as I'm sensitive to smell.

I submitted a review directly on their corporate website and received a vanilla response the next day from their Corporate Marketing and Communications Manager, Ashley Shafer, saying my concerns will be directed to the appropriate departments (i.e. their trash can). Of course, they also failed to display my review. Hmmm...

Most notable, corporate customer service did not offer any refund or information on how to return this product. This is clearly a gimmick/scam. Serious skincare should not have glitter or make your skin look like you're suffering from a severe dandruff disorder. I strongly advise anyone who's interested in a legitimate vitamin C serum to look elsewhere or just get something much less expensive from your local drug store, where it's easier to get your money back.

elizabethw273
7/24/18

The products are amazing, my skin has never looked better and the compensation plan has changed my family's life. I'm forever grateful for finding this opportunity!

ginam150
7/6/18

I really try to give Sengence a try. I was helping a friend fund raise for her sick son, so I bought some of the make-up products. But as I kept trying the different colors of lip gloss it would first burn, I had to put globs of it on, then seal it with a clear gloss. After one hour, yes one, I started to have "flaky" lip gloss fall off! It was embarrassing because I was attending a banquet the weekend my flaky lips emerged. When I got home to remove it with make-up remover wipes, my lips were very dry. Geez, I'll just stick to my regular use of drugstore lipstick. And I really try to help my friend, but the lip-colors I had purchased did not stay put.

melissap117
11/22/17

I have been a distributor since May 2017 at the height of the oos issue. Currently the company is 100% in stock!! The LipSense is awesome and usually last 8+hrs for me personally! My friend has to remove it because it doesnt come off on her because she drinks water all day long. I love the colors and business opportunity. The only way to fail is if you quit!!

karonm2
11/10/17

I have used every skincare line from Mary Kay to LaMer plus what my aesthetician skincare line . I am impressed !
Customer service was great too as I had a defective bottle and they are sending me a new one .
I signed up to sell just to get the discount . I got 50% off with $600 orders . So I did times two ! I am going to try to sell but if I get nowhere I still get 20%! Love the skincare for dry skin !

victoriao13
10/31/17

I have only recently become a Senegence distributor, my friend who recruited me had only been a distributor three weeks when I signed up and unfortunately she wasn't as well informed as she thought. I was told that I would receive a 50% discount for the first 30 days upon signup. Not true. I only received this discount for my very first order in which I was encouraged to stock my inventory by any means necessary, including a loan if need be. I attempted to place my second order which was two days after my initial order and discovered my discount went down. The discount is based on a tier, you have to spend hundreds of dollars in order to qualify for that 50% discount. I was mislead, I don't believe it was intentional and I own that I should have researched more. So today my first month orders had earned me a 40% discount. Today, while in the middle of ordering a lip color that I had just sold for$25 a message popped up on my screen before I could hit submit that informed me, my monthly discount I had earned is now starting over and I was knocked down from my 40% to 20%. I had just sold one lip color for $25 just to end up having to pay $27.50 to replace it. I was even being taxed on the shipping and handling. When I emailed the company I received a generic auto reply telling me I could get the 50% discount if I placed an order for a little over $600. I feel foolish and stupid. Even in Mary Kay you get the product for 50% off and only have to place an order of $200 within the next three month I think. Senegence is much more strict and in my opinion, you'll end up paying more than you'll ever earn. Research for yourself how many distributirs actually turn a profit.

amandan54
10/31/17

To all of you who have been complaining about the NO STOCK issue...It has been taken care of. We have almost 50 lip colors and all are in stock!!!! The reason behind that issue was that the company was not prepared fop the takeoff of the product. The reason there is a burn when applying the lip color is this. It burns because of the cosmetic grade alcohol that is used to sterilize the product when you dip the wand into the tube which also will kill any bacteria you may have on your lips when applying. The first time you try LipSense it can tingle. This is because the lips are dry and not sufficiently moisturized. Those without dry lips do not notice this. The sensation will stop once you have finished the application and applied the moisturizing gloss. After you have used the Gloss for a day or two you will rarely ever experience the tingling again. Dry lips can be caused by repeated use of wax and paraffin based lipsticks, which, by their nature, can cause dry lip tissue. You can eliminate this by conditioning the lips for a few days and not using any wax based products. Once you use the LIPSENSE and the Moisturizing Gloss on a regular basis the dry lips will be gone forever. I myself have been using LIPSENSE for months and the only time i experience the "tinge, burn" is if I have gone several days and not used the gloss or lip balm.

mariey7
9/30/17

How can one sell a product that is never in stock??? Why when you ask for assistance all you get is check online. Or, I have hundreds of people under me, they don't have problems like you? WOW! Great help from those trying to sell your product! Sad point - I love most of the products I have purchased.

katw18
8/30/17

I agree the way this company handles it's out of stock problems is bad. You should be able to sign up for the product so that you know about when you might receive it. But I have only been using it for a 2 weeks but I can already see the difference in my complexion. I am 71 years old and I am seeing fairly deep wrinkles disappear. I am using the Climate Control, the Dry Day Moisturizer, and the Anti-Aging Foundation. I want to wait a couple of months and then I will try some more of their products like the actual wrinkle remover, etc. The texture of the lipstick takes getting use to but there too I am seeing an improvement in my lips that tend toward being chapped. I'll check back in 6 mos if my rating declines.

jenniferg189
8/24/17

I really do like the products but they are NEVER in stock. Typically, demand greater than supply is a good business model UNLESS it turns buyers away from your product forever! If I owned this company I would be would get some more manufacturers ASAP. Do they not want to make as much money as possible?! I really don't understand why they can't keep products in stock.

gabym5
8/24/17

If I could give a no-star I would rate this company with none what started off as a great idea to have a lipsense party turned into a bad one had a lot of trouble with the distributor from her being 45 minutes late to our party when you have a party the distributor supposed to let you know about the history of the company and what it's all about she knew nothing she had a game setup and my mom won a prize opened it which was body cream and it was already used she had brought her husband and daughter to the party argued with her daughter about not letting her put on the product. After that not being able to get the product when she said she could to changing the time to when she could get the product to trading somebody to receiving it at an old address to telling me she got everything and giving me a time to drop it off to not showing up and then letting her husband take the phone and disrespectfully message me so I decided to call and see who I needed to talk to someone about my complaints about their distributor however they don't have a phone number just an email so I did email them however I called corporate to see if they could help after the lady at the desk asked me what happened and I start telling her it was long story and she asked again so I told her what happened she puts me on hold comes back with an attitude and tells me that she can't help me she's just a girl in the office at corporate and if I'm want to complain to email and hopefully they'll get back to me but they have hundreds of complaints a day so it may take a while ...first of all if you have a hundred complaints a day obviously there's a problem and they still have not gotten back to me this company is ridiculous and I will not be dealing with this company again. Besides to fight to get my mother and grandmothers money back. I guess corporate sets the standards to be rude to their customers so their distributors Can as well.

allisonk39
8/7/17

I was excited to join the company as a distributor. The product was always out. I couldn't order 300 if I tried. I do like the staying power of Lipsense, but I really don't like the feel of it. My upline gal was great, and let me know when product was available. When I went to order, it was already sold out. I just received an email too stating I need to order 300 pvm or whatever, and there was no way to do it unless I order product I wouldn't use or need. I also agree that the tax with the shipping and handling was a lot. Not for me!! Really disappointed and would not recommend joining at this time.

emileeb2
8/1/17

I joined within weeks of the "out of stock situation" as we called it, and it really was incredibly difficult. I couldn't just have people order whatever they wanted, because there were often only 1-2 LipSense colors in stock. And any time something would come back in stock, it would immediately sell out.

Fast forward to today: we have plenty of colors in stock, and they're not selling out in a matter of minutes or hours, but rather WEEKS - not because no one is buying, but because they have been able to ramp up production. Additionally, we appear to be on track to having all 36 colors in the permanent line back in stock by October.

This company exploded all of a sudden, and they simply couldn't keep up with demand. Honestly, that's not a bad problem to have! But SeneGence took the necessary steps to remedy the issues, and things are getting back to normal. I will say, anyone who signed someone up during that time, without disclosing to them how dire the stock situation was, did themselves, their recruits, and the company a huge disservice! That was not right, and I feel so bad for those people who were misled.

I'm so glad I stayed despite the struggles. It's better now, and business is still booming!

SeneGence Independent Distributor #284089

elmoc13
7/25/17

I agree, I couldn't do 300 pv. The colours are great but I don't like how the lipstick feels and it didn't last more than 4hrs, I wanted it for travelling. The company makes you feel that you are the only one having the problem. You have to sell a lot of product for 300 pv, also you have a 6 monthly renewal subscription, I didn't get told when I signed up.

schumen
6/29/17

I joined Senegence for the LIPSENSE which I will say is great for bridal! That is what I carry in my case. Being that I am a distributor I am on these secret groups and I have got to tell you...Consistantly my feed fills with people braking out from the skincare product asking what they should do. I really cannot stand behind a line like this and I'm not to impressed with anything other then the Lipsense.

betsyr9
6/5/17

It burns putting it on. Chaps my lips. Has a bitter taste gets on everythingvyou eat. Cant be good for you

kristab16
5/22/17

I had written a nice review a month ago. I joined in April, and now have more experience with what the company is actually about. I do still love the products, so it's a shame that the company is doing nothing to help new distributors succeed.

After doing "the math" of continuously purchasing 300pv I realized that in 6 months, after working hard and having great sales, I'd only have made about $50 a week for all my efforts. If anyone is interested in seeing a copy of this you can message me and I'll show you. But it's pretty basic math.

I also had a very negative experience with customer service, when I emailed asking for an updated Beauty Book since what came in my $63 "kit" was out dated. They told me to buy a book or cross out with a sharpie the old colors in the book. REALLY?! I am seeing "going out of business" sales all over the place, because Distributors hoarded colors during the OOS situation, and are now in a panic, and in debt. Customers now know they can get a color for as low as $11 anywhere, so why would they pay $25 for one? The only way to make any real money, is to convince a new distributor to sign up under you and then PUSH them to continue to order 300pv or more a month. SeneGence basically forces you to do this with the way they have their discount set up. If you buy less, you only get 20% or 30% and your "profit" from selling it is eaten up by their crazy shipping and handling charges.

They took away all the incentives for signing up, or signing anyone else up. The top girls make 40K a month because of the distributor sign-up boom, but as fast as it went up, I see this going downhill, just like LLR did.

emilyh88
5/22/17

I'm a long time distributor I originally signed up mid-1990's. This year has been chaos Senegence. To me, it seems a distributor can only get the product if they are a high producer or a new distributor. When I can not order product and my long time customer tells me "This person has stock so I ordered it from her" It kills me and makes me feel so maltreated.

tinaw90
5/17/17

Yes, this company has been experiencing some growing pains and was probably caught of guard with the intense popularity that LipSense has seen in the last 6 to 8 months. Yes, OOS has been an issue - has it stopped me from succeeding - nope. Do I have lots of color - yes!!! I suspect great things on are the horizon for this company. Distributor #255811.

Kits should be back by October. Please let me know if you have any further questions. 507-272-0405 Distributor 187460

By MaryLynn L.

The lipstick is very high in alcohol, which dries the lips out severely (lips peel for days) and that gives the color the ability to permeate into the skin and act as a stain. Note: I was able to remove mine within a minute of application using a baby wipe. I wasn't willing to have it on my lips any longer due to the extreme discomfort from the burning.

By Maria W.

No, not normal. I had something similar and ended up with a chemical burn. I would discontinue use and let your distributor know as soon as possible.

By Maria W.

I'm sorry i'm confused. You said you would love to become a distributor, but you already have an line which means you are already a distributor. please clarify your question so I can further assist you. #candiekisses

By Lynn L.

Questions? Get answers from the SeneGence staff and other customers.

2 Photos for SeneGence