Review of Sakaré

Tel: 800 030 6565
info@sakare.com

pauls1057
1/1/19

I visited the branch in Le Marais in Paris and as most people below have already commented, this place is a huge scam. I was told that there were amazing discounts on offer as they were opening another new store in Paris that day. Lured in with what can only be described as an elaborate stage show, the very pushy sales assistant pushed me into buying 400 worth of rubbish that doesn't work. She tried to get me to spend more by convincing me I could use her staff discount vouchers but luckily I declined. I should have cancelled the whole transaction. Everything they told me about their products was a lie, there are no listed active ingredients and the products don't work. I would guess that what they sell you is not what they demo in the shop. This business should be closed down and the owners prosecuted for fraud. Avoid at all costs and save your money.

christinam270
12/30/18

No ingredients listed on packaging. The price was reduced to 1/2 because I wasn't going to purchase at the asking price (odd). I was in the Paris store which is in a legitimate area. The sales woman did the mineral peeling gel on my hand & told me all the material being produced as she was rubbing was dead skin. I felt pressure and purchased as she was dropping the price. Went home only to read the reviews. Did a test with wearing a rubber glove and applying a drop of the gel on plastic. After rubbing it a material built up (definitely not dead skin!) I did another test on my skin and collected the material. I let it dry and it hardened and stretched like a sticky rubber plastic. I emailed the company and after a month have not received any response. The company doesn't offer this product online...The name on the bottle is Soap & Co but comes with a Sakare serum. Again, no listed ingredients or any information on the bottle. Government needs to seize this product. Who knows what is in this bottle they're saying to put on your face. I will be notifying health and government agencies. Also will Be contacting my credit card company and disputing this charge as it is a fraudulent product. I encourage everyone to do the same. It's tge quickest way to get them to stop selling this junk!!!

roxannat3
11/15/18

I've got this as a gift, from my husband. You know, when they go shopping and they just buy $#*!, without consulting or asking anyone else. And he presented me, with a big smile on his face. Bless him :)
I knew he was tricked into buying the product, but he was so happy, so I decided to give it a try. First, I went online and read all the reviews.
I can understand people being gutted and feeling like being part of a massive scam, and obviously once you cry over spent money, all you see is flaws.
It happened to me as well with high end makeup products! I paid huge amounts of money on luxury brand foundations, and they looked amazing on my skin for 30 minutes. And after that the world crumbled. Or caked, depending on the product.
Back to Sakare nail kit.... it's a good product. A bit pricey, to be honest, but it does a good job. I use the nail kit on a weekly basis and I am happy with the results. My nails were always splitting or flaking easy to break and really dull. I use the cuticle oil every day and the improvement is visible with the naked eye.
The hand&body lotion has a lovely smell, it's a big bottle, 240ml and it moisturizers and hydrates at the same time.
The peeling gel actually works, it's not plastic and as one of the reviews recommended, I tried it on any surface and the result was different. So, no plastic whatsoever! If you do have a very sensitive skin like me, I recommend you should try the peeling gel on a small surface on your jaw or chin, in order to avoid bigger problems and disappointment.
On the down side, the way they sell the product might be a bit aggressive, but aren't they all? I mean they don't advertise on TV like the other so there's got to be something else to help them sell.
And they should do refunds. If the product is not open, and never been used, a 28 days return policy should apply. With your purchase receipt, obviously.
But if you did bought this and you're not able to return it, give it a go. Or give it to someone else as a present . Either way, silver linings. Try it, you might like it.... You never know

debbbien
7/29/18

Bought items at there Paris store after being lured in with a "free demonstration". The products are in cheap bottles, pasted on labels, and no ingredient lists. It all goes so far you don't realize. Sorry if you are reading this too late. The products aren't terrible or anything, it's just that they certainly aren't "for real". At least reading other reviews to confirm my item experience and "Spidey senses" that the place was shady, I won't waste any more money.

joanneb144
6/13/18

They dont even know whats the ingredients in the products, not sure about the pricing too, being very rude and pushy. The products are total lie and scam. The store manager is very rude and unprofessional. Being very pushy and shady. The worth shop that Ive ever been in. This shop should be ban, I couldnt even express my anger and hate towards this shop now, just, stay away.

beatriceg11
6/4/18

There are no fixed prices, no barcodes, few toxic ingredients in at least two of their products and they have a very mean sales strategy. Tourists trap

romainep3
5/27/18

Went into store, became apparent that it was a scam but I have really bad social anxiety (a fact the staff no doubt picked up on). Sales staff have same glib nature of a used car dealer -- very pleasant and professional but seemed a bit odd from the start. Two sales men tried to persuade me that I should spend 500 pounds on a "custom deal" because I said that I felt it was a lot of money to spend on beauty products. When it became clear that I wasn't going to spend 500 pounds, they went through a very odd personality/behavioural consumer tactic interview (for example, they asked me to look into their eyes and then they asked me "what colour shoes am I wearing?"). This made it very apparent that what they are selling her is "puffery", dont be fooled.

mariaf152
5/18/18

After the overtly aggressive sales pitch I ended up buying the product convinced by all the "dead skin" on my hand when the sale person tested a sample there. In hindsight I should have suspected how such an 'amazing' product could have gone from £65 to £22, first of all. But they don't really allow you time to think, the super pushy sales tactic is clearly strategic. Then I came back home and researched the product only to confirm my suspicions I had been scammed: the 'dead skin' is actually plastic, try it on ANY surface and you'll have the same effect. Never before have I straight up BINNED a product without at least using it for the small benefit it could bring. This has none.
(I lost the receipt and can't return it, but keep reading about their antics when you try to return a product).
The scam is so widely known now that whenever you type "Soap & Co Mineral peeling gel" or "Sakare" you find people's complaints of a scam. Google, YouTube, etc.
If we really think about it: how many times have we gone to a reputable skincare brand where the sales people would push you, barter, bargain and reduce their prices like that just because you didn't just buy the product right away?

marial236
5/13/18

Any good brand will never use the same aggressive and misleading sales tactic that SAKARE uses. They say that SAKARE sources the best ingredients all over the world and that it is a luxury beauty brand.

They will try products on your skin and make you think that you are buying exclusive SAKARE brand products.It is only when you go home that you will realise that they have sold you non-SAKARE brands. Their pricing is also not published in their store so it is difficult to see if you are paying correct prices for their products. Again, as soon as you get home - you will realise that they sold you different brands which you can get for a lot less than they tell you in the store. They sell you products from brands: Dead Sea Premier and Soap&Co which most everyone in eBay are unloading - brand new and unused for a fraction of what you UNKNOWINGLY pay for in the SAKARE stores.

dorisl26
2/27/18

Great service in Bond street and Covent Garden... the staff were so lovely and accomadating. My girls love their Nail Kits and I adore my anti-wrinkle serum and cream - its transformed my face.

Response from Sakare c., Sakaré Representative
Dear Doris,

Thank you for such wonderful feedback of Sakaré.

We appreciate you taking the time to review your experience, we hope you continue to enjoy your products and look forward to welcoming you into one of our stores again soon.

You can keep up-to-date with us on our Instagram page @sakarecosmetics or shop online at: sakare.com

traceya26
1/24/18

Love this brand, the staff are so welcoming and friendly.

The Nail Kit is a favourite of mine and my skin can't live without the serum I used every day!!!

Response from Sakare c., Sakaré Representative
Dear Tracey,

Thank you for such wonderful feedback of Sakaré.

We appreciate you taking the time to review your experience, we hope you continue to enjoy your Nail Kit and Serum and we look forward to welcoming you into one of our stores again soon.

drakeh3
12/17/17

Overbearing salesmen trying to trick vulnerable passersby into buying tat. Don't accept a sample, don't go in the shop!

Response from Sakare c., Sakaré Representative
Dear Drake,

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience at Sakaré. We appreciate all feedback received, to ensure we can improve our services.

We are sorry to hear you felt you did not receive a satisfactory experience, we would love this opportunity to contact you privately to resolve this matter. Please can you email us via feedback@sakare.com.

mahaa15
11/14/17

Try to avoid them, they will try to convince you to buy in the same visit, but don't
There is no refund although it's written on the receipt that there is refund within 28 days
So they are breaking the U.K. Rules
The stuff are really expensive even if it's with promotions, so they already had their benefit in a way of cheating you.i went to the shop in new bond st on the next day .
The women tried to slow down her voice and insisted for no refund
No one told me there is no refund when I bought the stuff
They deal with you so kindly to buy, but like a $#*! for a refund , no any customer right
They try to attract tourists and I am one of them
Very bad experience in London shopping

Response from Sakare c., Sakaré Representative
Dear Maha,

We are sorry to hear you felt you did not receive a satisfactory experience in London, we would love this opportunity to contact you privately to resolve this matter. Please can you email us via feedback@sakare.com.

amyw190
9/20/17

I experienced the same kind of pressured marketing as mentioned in other reviews. Exactly the same- free sample, nail kit, body scrub, body butter, face serum, face scrub. The free sample ultimately costed me £100. What got me suspicious was how they dropped the price from £250 to £100 and did not scan any of the products for billing. Their products had no barcode, and the reciept had no per item price. Right after exiting the shop i felt kind of stupid for falling for such tactics and just thought of looking up this "luxury" company, as i have never heard of it before. I was schoked to read the reviews as they exactly matched my situation and realised I have been scammed. I went back for the refund. The manager and the sales guy readily accepted but first they tried to talk me out of it for like 10 mins and then even made me feel bad about giving such a good deal.
Which company gives more than 50% discount and gives a receipt like that?! The products have to be of inferior quality only.
Now, the most shocking thing happened!

They first nicely agreed to refund and made me feel bad by saying things like "we gave you such a good deal, why would you want that; Don't trust the reviews; you should trust us..blah blah" and then was the catch!
He asked for my card and the receipt for the refund and said it's NOT THE SAME CARD I PAID WITH AND I AM LYING so refund can't be done. I had made the payment through apple pay and had a record of the transaction in my phone. They were just not agreeing to accept any transaction record on my phone, whether of apple pay or my mobile banking app, which clearly showed that payment was made with the card i have.

The manager started getting very very rude and was just not agreeing to check his system for the transcation. i even pointed out that the time on the bill receipt and the card payment receipt is different and so maybe by mistake he stapled some other customer's card reciept with mine. And asked him to check his computer system for the previous transaction records. To this he said "we are a very different company. Our system doesn't work like that. There is no record on the computer. What's printed, is the system"

I even showed them that the time printed on the reciept is not when i paid. Showed them the time on the apple pay records and they didn't accept it.
Still were saying i was lying. I showed him every record i had. But he just won't see it. I was even more angry because i had to SHOW A PROOF in the first place. One doesn't treat a customer like that!!!! Clearly, they were not ready to check their records but I had to show mine. It was just terrible.

C'mon! How can the bank records lie!
It was such a pain to finally make them refund the money. Their tactic: didn't say no to the refund but then ultimately showed that the records don't match so can't do it!
I was ready to make a huge scene and was not giving in to any of their tricks, so finally after 15-20 mins he made the refund.

I was so so mad about how the "free samples" cost me so much time and money, and how such a shop is operating on the high streets of London!
Don't ever go into it

sherrib23
9/1/17

Like many others I was lured into the shop by polite and charming sales assistant and I ended up "WASTING" £200 after a large and dubious discount on poor quality inferior products (Face mask, eye cream and serum). Alarm bells should be ringing as soon as you're offered discounts of more than 50% on skincare products they claim to be of high quality and natrual. I spend a lot of money on quality skincare products from reputable renowned brands, and brands of such ilk would never give such preposterous discounts as their products are correctly priced with appropriate margins.

I was however willing to give Sakare a try and shortly after leaving the store my eyes started to itch a little but I thought nothing of it and did not make the connection. Once I started using the eye serum and cream, my eyes were incredibly dry and itchy. I came out in a rash after using the face mask and the mud soap dried my skin out so much.

I returned to the store to explain my reaction to the products and for a solution, the manager was extremely rude, a stark contrast to when they are trying to sell products, he was also being intimidating and told me to contact customer service.

I had contacted customer service (they were apologetic), back and forth emails and said they cannot issue me a refund because it's just past the 28 days and I need to go back to the store for a refund. I had explained I went to the store before the 28 days and was turned away by the store manager. They contacted the store manager who said I should take the products in and maybe I've not used it properly and they will try it on me in the store. I was speechless at this ridiculous idea, and stated I am not willing to put products on my skin that has given me a bad reaction. Again, customer service said I hould go into the store and they will make an appointment. I asked them to get a confirmation from the store manager if a refund will be issued as I will have to travel for nearly 6 hrs, being put out of pocket and incovenience. I've had no response although i've chased by email.

Based on my interaction with the company post sale I firmly believe this company has no customer or brand loyalty. A reputable brand takes customer service and loyalty seriously, including the quality of their products.

I would highly recommend people to avoid this brand for their inferior customer service and products that are outrageously priced.

siddharths6
8/30/17

Forced into their shop, extremely aggressive sales guy pushed expensive products very hard. Very rude staff. Should not be allowed to operate this business. We fortunately walked away with just some abuses hurled at us but other vulnerable customers may be pressurised by the high pressure sales tactics.

Response from Sakare c., Sakaré Representative
Dear Siddharth,

We are sorry to hear you felt you did not receive a satisfactory experience , we would love this opportunity to contact you privately to resolve this matter. Please can you email us via feedback@sakare.com.

jaelav
8/16/17

Very good products!

The salt is amazing, it's makes the body very soft and removes all the dry skin, very satisfied with all the products.

Response from Sakare c., Sakaré Representative
Dear Jaela,

Thank you for such wonderful feedback of Sakaré.

We appreciate you taking the time to review your experience, we hope you continue to enjoy the Deep Cleansing Salt Scrub. We look forward to welcoming you into one of our stores again soon.

hotcah
8/15/17

I tried several products from Sakare and it's amazing how they work on the face and body. Those unique minerals from the dead sea make the skin unbelievably soft.

Response from Sakare c., Sakaré Representative
Hello,

anjad3
8/5/17

2 years ago, I bought the nail kit and ocean scrub and body lotion in London, since that day my skin is so soft, I use it once a week and is perfect for me. I order the products online, and they offer a really good service.

Anja

Response from Sakare c., Sakaré Representative
Dear Anja,

Thank you for such wonderful feedback of Sakaré.

We appreciate you taking the time to review your experience, we hope you continue to enjoy the Nail Kit Deep Cleansing Salt Scrub and our Lotion. We look forward to welcoming you into one of our stores again soon.

michaell325
7/23/17

Randomly came across this shop on the way from work, through hesitant at first i'm glad i entered, I was shown around my extremely friendly staff and came out with not one, but two after shower body lotions... amazing!

Response from Sakare c., Sakaré Representative
Dear Michael

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment about your experience with Sakaré. We truly appreciate each customer feedback.
We are absolutely delighted to hear that you enjoyed our products and the ambience of our stores. Our staff are extremely passionate about our brand and we feel this shows in the service that they provide.

Thank you once again for leaving such a wonderful comment. We hope to see you in our stores again soon. You can also shop with Sakaré online - www.sakare.com

katieb103
7/18/17

Today i visited the Bond Street store and was dazzled by the store manager who wowed me with the most amazing hand cream. Such a great experience and will most definitely be returning.

Response from Sakare c., Sakaré Representative
Dear Katie

donnas198
4/23/17

I am disgusted that i have been totally ripped off.. Oh yeah lets just do the mineral peel gel on a place where theres zero hair of course its going to look like your product works when really its the contents of your product that forms into a consistency of that of a dead skin layer...
Now people lets try the same product again but somewhere that its hairy.. Do you see my point? The gel gets stuck to the hairs making it impossible to be removed if i had dead skin then it should just rub away right? No...!!! Wrong very very wrong. I ccant believe i got sucked in or should i say bullied by the over pushy sales rep.. Amazing how they can reduce the puffy eye cream from a whopping £250 down to £80 in 5 mins flat thank god i didnt buy that too.. What a big smelly rat that shop is.. From a very unhappy customer.. Doesnt even deserve the one rating i gave it.!

Response from Sakare c., Sakaré Representative
Dear Donna

We are sorry to hear that you felt that on this occasion our products were not value for money. At Sakaré we source the finest natural plants, minerals and sea algae from all over the world and work closely with the most innovative skincare laboratories to produce the best and most refined skincare products which we feel is reflected in the price and service.

While you felt you did not have a satisfactory experience with our products this time around we would love the opportunity to contact you privately to ensure you truly experience the Sakaré experience that we are renowned for.

Please contact us on info@sakare.com so we may correspond with you further.

We hope to hear back from you soon.

lisab342
4/9/17

I love this place! The first time I walked into the store they tested the mineral peel on the top of my hand and I was hooked! It gently peeled the very top layer of skin off and left me with beautiful, moist, and glowing skin. The mud soap helped reduce little bumps on my arms that have been there for years. And the face syrum leaves me with beautiful, radiant skin. You MUST try this!

Response from Sakare c., Sakaré Representative
Dear Lisa

saras173
4/6/17

I like the patchouli shower scrub and patchouli deep cleansing salt scrub both are amazing smells so nice products so excellent everyone must try it and staff are so friendly.

Response from Sakare c., Sakaré Representative
Dear Sara

lydiah19
3/2/17

A friend and I were lured in while we had time to kill before a dinner reservation. We were given a whirlwind demonstration of the products and since I was in the market for a high end cleanser I was taken in by the "magic" mineral peeling gel and had the body butter and nail kit thrown in. I was initially happy but smelt a rat when the receipt had no itemised cost and the salesman added 'no refunds' at the bottom (I should have started worrying when the salesmen actively distracted me from reading the ingredients when I picked up the box.. twice). When I got the product home it hit me exactly how poor the quality was away from the shiny shop and it's shiny salesmen. The pump on the gel stopped working after a few pumps and what product I did try on my face burned. The pump was blocked by clumps of white solid mystery material so I brought everything, including the two other products back to the shop the next day. Legally, a faulty product can be returned for a full refund within 28 days of purchase no matter the stores individual returns policy (like the NO REFUNDS stamped on my receipt). The saleswoman initially tried to deny this but after half a dozen repetitions she switched tack and told me the manager wasn't there and only they could issue refunds, another few minutes of stubbornly asking who was in charge produced a supervisor and I repeated the process with him. I think the alarmed looks of some other customers who were getting the shiny treatment pushed him over the edge and I finally got my refund.
I wanted to share this so that people researching the products know that the sales pitch is good but the product is iffy (maybe even an outright scam) and that if you have had problems and been fobbed of with 'no refunds' or 'you need to wait for a manager' a loud, sure voice which had the potential to scare off other customers will get them to roll over eventually.
tl:dr great salespitch, poor quality. If it's broken/ not fit for purpose you are entitled to a full refund no matter what. It's the law. Be loud and stubborn. Good luck.

Response from Sakare c., Sakaré Representative
Dear Lydia

We do operate a full refund policy and it seems during your visit this was not the case. We would love the opportunity to contact you privately to ensure you truly experience the Sakaré experience that we are renowned for.

Please contact us on info@sakare.com so we may correspond with you further.

We hope to hear back from you soon.

The Sakaré team

I'm chocked how no organization or authority so far has controlled their products and questionned their selling thechniques. Their products are oberpriced, and their quality is highly suspicious. Not to mention their salesforce ....

By Manon R.

Questions? Get answers from the Sakaré staff and other customers.

11 Photos for Sakaré