Review of Retrevo

Retrevo reviews

Tel: +1-855-738-7386

verap7
5/31/17

Are you still in business, as I can't reach anyone there to speak to. my e mail is piantovsp@gmail .com, (formerly commackgranny_4@yahoo.com. MY email account was hacked in 2016 and my new email is with gmail, as you can see above.PLEASE RESPOND!!!!!

Tip for consumers: I hope you havebetter luck in reaching this company, which was very reliable!

jacep
1/20/17

A database of huge number of home devices that I recommended to some of my friends also. You dont need to search your appartment - just come here and find the necessary one.

juana2
11/11/14

I have purchased several items form Retrevo before and the transactions were smooth with items delivered on time and I have been pleased with all prio purchases till now. I'm trying to return an item that I purchased about two or three weeks ago and I submitted the request on line over a week ago and I have not received an answer yet. The message I reply message I got when I submitted the request read that I would be getting a respponse in three days but, that never happened I submitted another request after a week and I called several times but, received no answer. Left two messages, no call back. Sent two emails, no response. Called several times today 6/3/2011, no answer. I called order lines, still no answer. At this point I'm giving the benefit of doubt and hope they'll reply soon before the so called "no hassle to return an item policy" deadline expires. I don't know much about their deadlines but, this much I do know, their phone lines are dead silent. I'm tired and frustrated wasting my time trying to contact them. I don't think I will placing an order with them again.

johnnief
7/10/13

this looks almost like a scam....customer service is almost non-existant, taking a risk if buying from this outfit!!!

tatters
4/7/12

When you know NOTHING about an electronic item, this site SEEMS informative.
But when you encounter total BS, as I did researching speakers (JBL ES80's) you find: A bogus review, parroted (stolen) by another reviewer; and presented as a representative 'aggregate' review by Retrevo.
The result is absolute crap presented as accurate.

Bottom lineL AVOID 'aggregate presenters' posturing as a technical reference of truth.

danm16
12/2/11

Their Shipping Policy has a problem. They won't ship to PO Boxes, but they insist on sending merchandise only to the "verified address" which in my case IS a PO Box (I'm inthe country). Then they agree to send it to the PO Box but they use Fed-Ex and THEY won't deliver to a PO Box. So then they send it to my street address using the USPostal Service but the US Postman doesn't come to my house. Packages go back and forth. I'm still waiting for my refurbished Commodore!

joeb22
8/26/11

Refurbished laptops ship with Windows 7 installed, but without oem media. What happens if I need to reinstall the o/s? This can be necessary for various reasons. Customer Service didn't reply to my requests for this information. This circumstance may not be unique to retrovo.com, but their daily email offers are what have made me consider a refurbished laptop, so they're the ones I asked.

ronaldt1
7/18/11

The LG TV I ordered was advertised with Magic Motion Remote Control but did not have it when recieved. Was able to contact customer service. They were sorry for their mistake. Said it would be delivered within 2 weeks, and that is the last I have heard. Now unable to contact Retrevo in any method. Can't even get a Material Return Authorizarion. Very poor company to do business with--Be careful!!!

stever11
7/5/11

Just received an email for the sales of the day from Retrevo.com. I saw an item I wanted to purchase, when I clicked on the price in the email, it took me to retrevo's web page where the advertised price was $70 more. I called customer service and was informed that the item had been sold out at that price and was "re-listed under the new price" all that in fifteen minutes. A reputable company would have said "while supplies last" this one did not and I feel they should honor the lower advertised price.

jonb9
6/29/11

This site deals in refurbs, older style models etc. Before you buy here, take the model number of the product you want and Google it...see what it costs elsewhere, reviews etc. To their credit, Retrevo does offer info about price history, good reviews, bad reviews...so they are very up front about what they are selling...a trait many other websites could learn from.

wendym6
6/27/11

Ordered a notebook, says it will ship and receive in 5 to 10 business days. It is now day 7 and Received no confirmation email of shipping, with tracking number. Called the company twice and got voicemail, left messages and emailed customer service. Still no response. Is this a really small company??? A side job for some computer repair tech??? Customer service needs to be top priority and I am not seeing that, thus far.

jayf2
6/15/11

Avoid this place. The deliveries are prompt but if you ever need service you will find they do not answer the customer service phone nor do they respond to customer service email. If you need to return a faulty item. GOOD LUCK! It will take forever.

low5
4/23/11

I filled my cart 2 times and was not told that if I did not sign in my cart would not be saved. So I registered and signed in, filled the cart again, filled out the form to buy - they would not take my credit card. Checked with the bank online and the card had $150 left and my retrevo bill was $110. I was told to use another card, but I called got no answer at customer service and did not want to use a less protected card when I could not even get a human to talk to!

floraw
3/28/11

I have purchased several items before and the transactions were smooth with items delivered. However, there was a problem placing my last order so called customer service, no answer. Left a message, no call back. Sent an email, no response. Called several time a couple days later, no answer. I even tried called the order line, still no answer. At this point I don't know if the order ever went through or not and I can't get a response from them. I don't know that I will place an order with them again.

terryh7
3/7/11

I purchased a refurbed Asus netbook, and it didn't work. I called Customer service and an exchange was suggested, so I filled out the received UPS shipping form, got the boxed netbook to UPS, and sent it off to retrevo's refurb facility. I heard nothing for a few days, so called C/S again for status, and was told that someone would contact the refurb facility for info, and some one would get back to me soon. Still nothing, and the UPS tracking says the shipment was received and signed for on 3/1 by "Tran".

Well, no response from anyone, and none of my calls or messages have been answered. Is this what we can expect ? If so, this will be my last dealing with Retrevo. BBB anyone ?
Terry Hedgecock
eofats@yahoo.com

ronm3
2/10/11

Ordered 2 netbooks. No shipping notice has been received and now shows item out of stock. Credit card was charged and now shows no charges to them.
I suspect that my order did not go thru but can get no confirmation.
Have emailed--no response
Called the 888 #-have to leave message--no response
Very poor customer service...

bobbief1
2/8/11

I ordered ONE speakerphone and so far have received TWO and my credit card bill says TWO more are on the way. NOone answers the phone at the number given on the receipt or the number the bank has on file. I now have to go to the bank to dispute the charges and get them to STOP charging me for more than ONE speakerphone!

ianc9
12/7/10

If not an outright scam, then this site is an extremely poorly run operation..!

Based on my experience so far, definitely does not elicit any modicum of confidence ....!!

stacyt
3/17/08

useful product reviews and opinions - If you are looking for basic information about electronic products with really easy to understand reviews, this is a great website.

Understood. Good luck, man.

By Ian C.
Questions? Get answers from the Retrevo staff and other customers.

Retrevo?