Review of RawStory

20009
ctions@rawstory.com

michaels2292
6/15/19

My news feed on Google is filled with left tilted junk news from Rawstory news feed. The stories are , in my opinion, planted to sway voting decisions for upcoming elections. I searched for ways to remove their notification to no avail. The media today is following a prescription agenda that hurts the county I love and I think they should be held accountable at some point.

maryg611
6/12/19

Since the new format of Rawstory, all I get is severe crashing. I used to go to this site every morning because I liked the 2-3 paragraph stories that would brief me on the previous night's activities. I will be deleting Rawstory with regret. I can no longer stand having to reboot just because I clicked on a story.

richardr570
5/23/19

Or they will ban you in a heartbeat. I objected to the avalanche of insults directed at my state, Florida, in the comments section and was banned. I used no profanity, threats or ad hominum ( although a ton of it was thrown at me ) and banned I was by Moderator "bow" with his "ban hammer". The site is intolerant of any view it does not share and will censor them with abandon. Although I'm a Left leaning guy I have to say that kind of thing, banning and the gross shadow banning, is more more common on Liberal sites that it is on GOP'er ones. There are options to RawStory. I'd recommend you take them.

davidr1299
5/23/19

Comments by RS haters here are amusing. The right wingers whine about how they visit to engage in "civil debate" (by calling posters "butt hurt libtards"), making idiotic comments like "Hillary lost...get over it" without offering anything intelligent and not telegraphed from Sean Hannity, Rush Limbaugh, or Breitbart. And then complaining about being censored and/or banned....try posting an even mildly positive comment about Obama or mildly critical comment about Trump on Daily Caller and see how long your post remains there. The biggest complaint I have about RS is the takeover of pop up ads and sometimes the comments section seems to be disabled. The RW whining about an "echo chamber" needs to toggle over to Fox News or NewsMax or the 50 RW blog sites (compared to the whopping 10 the progressives have) if they want an echo chamber.

geeboh
5/17/19

Several years ago Rawstory was okay, had some interesting and accurate articles, but now they're kind of like a liberal version of Breitbart. I ended up blacklisting them after seeing one clickbait article after another. Even if there is a grain of truth in their articles, they are written specifically to push buttons, not inform. There are much better sources out there.

raymondm156
5/17/19

I would go on RawStory to debate with people but instead of debate i got attacked and called names. Next thing I know I'm banned and all comments deleted. That happened to my 4th account on there 3 days later. They do not want anybody with an opposing view on their platform because all there are on there are idiots and RawStory doesn't want them exposed to truth.

grantf14
5/15/19
• Updated review

The recent across the board rise of paywalls by the sites they pull their stories from so all the links have been blocked reduces the free use of this site unfortunately.

While I too have a leftward bent, knowing how liberal this site is makes me want to read the article their synopsis came from so I can understand the context and make a reasoned judgement from the actual real deal.

You cannot just depend on a synopsis no matter where your politics lay. A synopsis is just one person's opinion of the article and they will try to bend the synopsis according to their own biases.

This is true of many newsletters from various sources. It is coming down to just the wire services themselves to get the free version and a more neutral interpretations.

“I find it a good aggregate site.”
4/26/17
• Previous review

Like most, I was suspicious of the site at first, but the stories have proven true in every case I have read. I double check each story that sounds "to good to be true" but googling the key phrase and finding at least one reliable "other" source. Some days I do not find them. But in a day or two, it is being reported in one of those sources.
I haven't found any "3-headed babies" like RW tabloids where they proudly eschew fact-checking. Fact-checking is for limp wrist liberals....
There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'
Isaac Asimov

picklesy
4/11/19

Who writes their news articles for this joke news site? It's like they gave down syndrome monkeys the keys to the newsroom and said write stupid monkey or it's back to reruns of Michael O'bama's package bounce around on the Ellen Degeneres show. My God the Trump Derangement Syndrome they suffer from is a hilarious source of entertainment. Your crappy fake news site deserves the pathetic two stars you get.

craiga66
Craig A.
4/2/19

Since September 2018 Raw Story has turned into a huge clickbait virusy website that will lock up and crash your computer. I usually went to Raw Story for a summary of other more legit websites. Go look at Alternet.com and HuffPost. Most of their stories are lifted from there. Stop supporting these two cisgendered white old men.

alanw219
3/10/19

I'd like to read the RAW article on Anne Frank's step sister but I can't see through the black block obscuring the whole thing, https://www.rawstory.com/2019/03/anne-franks-stepsister-meets-california-teens-swastika-picture/

richardd524
3/5/19

What a waste of time to read their garage. They need to thank James Madison for the First Amendment.

laurah555
2/18/19

Raw Story likes to present itself as hip and edgy. In reality they are thin-skinned and selectively punitive. People get away with a lot of really vile comments, but just try leveling even a gentle criticism of any of their policy and you might find yourself banned like I am. No great loss.

chelseap39
2/10/19

Banned for making the case for Bernie 2020, and that Democrats are setting themselves up to lose the Presidency in 2020 with their same ol' run-of-the-mill Centrist candidates who lack political charisma/national appeal, and will never hold their own "rising above" Trump's endless vitriol. Cue the ad hominem attacks from every which way and BAM! I was banned. Which is strange, considering that I was the subject for attack...

Anywho, it's fine; I'll just go back to reading WAPO for real news (sans the typos/sloppy cut and paste jobs increasingly common on Raw Story). I'm just a little confused: I thought Raw Story was a left-leaning news site, not a support group for Centrists.

chrisk382
1/18/19

These guys banned me for questioning their journalistic credibility and saying their website sucks. This just proves that they are a bunch of pussies and can't handle opposing views. Echo chamber central here full of brainwashed morons.

melaniea47
12/23/18

I used to follow Raw Story, but my support became tainted when I discovered I had been banned in the comment section for seemingly no reason. Having come across the reviews here, I've realised the banning is whim-based, not according to substance. Just as well, really: after seeing how toxic and abusive people in their Facebook comments section are and the introduction of subscription for content that is sensationalist at best, poorly presented at worst, I have no regrets dropping them from my feed. There are significantly better news sites out there.

laurab642
11/6/18

Raw Story's website is full of viruses. Do not go to this site or your computer will get infected. The site is incredibly slow and very difficult to navigate.

jeremiahg27
11/1/18

Still waiting on getting a straight answer as to why I was banned through the Discus comment section. All I get is emails saying "Perhaps you did not read our terms of service..." BS, and not getting a straight answer or even what I said to be banned!!!!

ianc164
10/24/18

Hack journalism par excellence, and the comments section is policed by people who ban commenters at the drop of a hat.

melodici
10/10/18

Raw Story is just a site full of clickbait Articles, most of them are stolen from salon.com. they refused to employ editors they constantly have terrible grammar poor spelling and they often use hyperbole to make a story sound more Sensational than it is. They expect you to pay for subscription now with this $#*! journalism, which is an actual insult to Major news corporations that actually do their job correctly and needs a subscription.

Paywall is actually easy to get around. All you have to do is as soon as the site loads click any article as fast as possible because it takes a couple seconds for the pay while to kick in. Once you clicked another article then you can go to the header at the top of the page and click any of the categories and from there you can freely read all the Articles. Besides the story Being Greedy there pretty freaking stupid too. But greed and stupidity tend to go hand-in-hand so I guess I shouldn't be surprised

ronj104
9/28/18

Mostly made up or extremely slanted half-truths. Total crap... entertaining, but don't take anything they publish to the bank

barbarad272
9/23/18

Raw Story, until September 15th, was a free blog. Stories were not original, more along the lines of copy and paste. What was the best part of RS was the ability to share comments and ideas with many others. Today, September 23, the pay or remove ad blockers went into effect. I removed ad blocker and quickly discovered the comment section does not work. No matter how many times I tried to comment on different stories, it would not connect with Disquis. I had to sign in to Disquis to post a comment. RS in their greed has totally destroyed their site. Their monthly fee is outrageous considering the fee for more informative sites like WP or NYT.

ellenc39
9/11/18

I signed up for a subscription for these bastards because I was confronted by a pay wall every time I wanted to read their Rachel Maddow/Bob Woodward interview. No: first, they told me to disable my ad blocker to read the story so I did that. But the paywall still went up. So then I subscribed - my bad, stupid me - read/listened to the interview. And then could not read another story because the goddamned paywall went up again. MOREOVER, THESE BASTARDS ARE STILL CHARGING ME MONTHLY! THIS IS A SCAM.

leec144
7/3/18

I don't know who they hire as moderators, but someone should review them to make sure they aren't banning people for unfair reasons. Especially when others make comments that are unbeliveably bad, but they're not banned. No one on a so-called progressive site should be allowed to arbitrarally(sp?) ban someone because they don't agree with a comment.

justing144
6/7/18

Im as progressive as they come. Yet if I dare point out anything that doesnt follow their narrative it will be deleted and all my posts wiped.

Examples: any Bernie posts & pointing out when the republicans do something its bad but when our corporate politicians do it they are silent. They only want an echo chamber not intellectual conversations.

lanceh40
6/3/18

I usually visit Raw Story daily. There are a few problematic issues. 1. Frequent sensationalist headlines that are not supported by the story. Some are blatantly in error. The editorial staff completely ignore any issues you bring to their attention. 2, The comment section. For some crazy reason I expected to be able to speak freely and wow was I wrong. For pointing out a glaring error in the comment section I was viciously attacked by someone and I have no clue why. It was mainly one line insults. Another is that one should never dare to express any support of Spirituality for the same reason. I made the shocking discovery that progressives are just as bigoted as any right wing zealot. So in the end I say read if you choose but before jumping entirely onto any particular story you may want to do a little cross checking for accuracy otherwise you might just look like a fool. Tread carefully there.

2 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

They make them up as needed. They on the same hate network with Huffington Post and Media Matters

By Richard D.

You have been banned, along with 12,845,684 members.....

By Robert W.

You along with 12,856,954 other members. Don't waste your time. That site is a joke.

By Robert W.

Because none of their positions can hold up to even the slightest bit of scrutiny. Opinions that don't mirror theirs are not to be tolerated and must be silenced.

By RJ M.

Questions? Get answers from the RawStory staff and other customers.

RawStory?