Review of RawStory

20009
ctions@rawstory.com

melaniea47
12/23/18

I used to follow Raw Story, but my support became tainted when I discovered I had been banned in the comment section for seemingly no reason. Having come across the reviews here, I've realised the banning is whim-based, not according to substance. Just as well, really: after seeing how toxic and abusive people in their Facebook comments section are and the introduction of subscription for content that is sensationalist at best, poorly presented at worst, I have no regrets dropping them from my feed. There are significantly better news sites out there.

laurab642
11/6/18

Raw Story's website is full of viruses. Do not go to this site or your computer will get infected. The site is incredibly slow and very difficult to navigate.

jeremiahg27
11/1/18

Still waiting on getting a straight answer as to why I was banned through the Discus comment section. All I get is emails saying "Perhaps you did not read our terms of service..." BS, and not getting a straight answer or even what I said to be banned!!!!

ianc164
10/24/18

Hack journalism par excellence, and the comments section is policed by people who ban commenters at the drop of a hat.

melodici
10/10/18

Raw Story is just a site full of clickbait Articles, most of them are stolen from salon.com. they refused to employ editors they constantly have terrible grammar poor spelling and they often use hyperbole to make a story sound more Sensational than it is. They expect you to pay for subscription now with this $#*! journalism, which is an actual insult to Major news corporations that actually do their job correctly and needs a subscription.

Paywall is actually easy to get around. All you have to do is as soon as the site loads click any article as fast as possible because it takes a couple seconds for the pay while to kick in. Once you clicked another article then you can go to the header at the top of the page and click any of the categories and from there you can freely read all the Articles. Besides the story Being Greedy there pretty freaking stupid too. But greed and stupidity tend to go hand-in-hand so I guess I shouldn't be surprised

ronj104
9/28/18

Mostly made up or extremely slanted half-truths. Total crap... entertaining, but don't take anything they publish to the bank

barbarad272
9/23/18

Raw Story, until September 15th, was a free blog. Stories were not original, more along the lines of copy and paste. What was the best part of RS was the ability to share comments and ideas with many others. Today, September 23, the pay or remove ad blockers went into effect. I removed ad blocker and quickly discovered the comment section does not work. No matter how many times I tried to comment on different stories, it would not connect with Disquis. I had to sign in to Disquis to post a comment. RS in their greed has totally destroyed their site. Their monthly fee is outrageous considering the fee for more informative sites like WP or NYT.

ellenc39
9/11/18

I signed up for a subscription for these bastards because I was confronted by a pay wall every time I wanted to read their Rachel Maddow/Bob Woodward interview. No: first, they told me to disable my ad blocker to read the story so I did that. But the paywall still went up. So then I subscribed - my bad, stupid me - read/listened to the interview. And then could not read another story because the goddamned paywall went up again. MOREOVER, THESE BASTARDS ARE STILL CHARGING ME MONTHLY! THIS IS A SCAM.

davidp847
7/19/18

This is a site for a few laughs unless you are deranged prog who sees racist, sexist, homophobes behind every lamp post and believes a government bureaucracy of fairness should have unlimited power. This is the site for millennial college student who marches for speech codes, bans opposing speakers and wears black clothing to conceal their identity at rallies. Fee speech for me not for thee crowd.

leec144
7/3/18

I don't know who they hire as moderators, but someone should review them to make sure they aren't banning people for unfair reasons. Especially when others make comments that are unbeliveably bad, but they're not banned. No one on a so-called progressive site should be allowed to arbitrarally(sp?) ban someone because they don't agree with a comment.

justing144
6/7/18

Im as progressive as they come. Yet if I dare point out anything that doesnt follow their narrative it will be deleted and all my posts wiped.

Examples: any Bernie posts & pointing out when the republicans do something its bad but when our corporate politicians do it they are silent. They only want an echo chamber not intellectual conversations.

lanceh40
6/3/18

I usually visit Raw Story daily. There are a few problematic issues. 1. Frequent sensationalist headlines that are not supported by the story. Some are blatantly in error. The editorial staff completely ignore any issues you bring to their attention. 2, The comment section. For some crazy reason I expected to be able to speak freely and wow was I wrong. For pointing out a glaring error in the comment section I was viciously attacked by someone and I have no clue why. It was mainly one line insults. Another is that one should never dare to express any support of Spirituality for the same reason. I made the shocking discovery that progressives are just as bigoted as any right wing zealot. So in the end I say read if you choose but before jumping entirely onto any particular story you may want to do a little cross checking for accuracy otherwise you might just look like a fool. Tread carefully there.

erikd31
5/18/18

There is no doubt that raw story is a left leaning media outlet, and for that reason, it should never be your sole source of news, but they have stories that you will not find elsewhere. And to be clear, they are real stories, not made up crap intended to fire up liberals, you can generally trust what they publish.

johnn1384
4/16/18

Please stop with the interruption of videos updates with 2 or 3 commercials during the video clip. It makes me want to go to the other side HP. I love you site but cannot handle the voice commercial and now the video commercial taking over when I am watching a clip. Please stop

rjm6
3/29/18

My only regret in giving them 1 star is that is 1 star more than they deserve. They epitomize the notion that freedom of speech is only for those that agree with them. Post anything short of totally marching goose step for goose step with them and your comment will be deleted and you get banned. Their articles are so over-the-top absurd at first I thought if was just a liberal satire site.

hitlerlovesc
2/8/18

I voted in their is Trump racist poll -which signed me up for auto updates- asked to be removed and they harassed me asking do you always use your real phone number when making threats- what threat? I said that CIA fake news MSM sites will be deported for Treason, and its true.

damians34
1/30/18

To add to what I already stated, my posts were not pro-conservative. It was clear that I was a liberal who simply opposed Clinton.

tpn1
1/10/18

they banned me for saying something bad, but when I read others readers on there they weren't banned.. they said far worse.. where do I go to ask them to take me off the ban list

briana238
11/16/17

If you post anything that is anti-Hillary Clinton or if you point out the fact that the DNC rigged the election against Bernie Sanders your comment will be removed and you will be banned. The Raw Story Mods. allow HRC supporters to use foul language and to insult 3rd party voters. However, if you fight back or stand up to these angry HRC supporters the Raw Story admins will delete your comments. So basically if the Mods at Raw Story don't agree with your viewpoint they will remove your comment and ban you. The Raw Story is nothing more than a biased one sided pro-Hillary Clinton site.

kenh93
9/23/17

Any sort of comment that does not conform to their own narrative is deleted and the user banned. This is no longer a site for intellectuals or progressives. Only radical bigots.

hughm36
9/18/17

What's wrong with you? Censoring dissenting opinions? You make liberals out to be bigger fascists than Mussolini! And... The hate and vileness spewed in the comments should make us all take a step back and ask ourselves.. "How am I acting any different from what I claim to be fighting against?" Truly saddening. Truly disappointing.

martinh101
9/11/17

The comment section is completely made up of prejudice, and vile hatred.
No matter what the story is about, every other comment is about how they hate trump, and attempting to connect Trump, and conservatives in a bad light.
I sincerely tried having conversations with quite a few, but not a single one had the mental capacity to do anything beyond screaming out hatred

tamarag26
8/27/17

Really should be -1 star. They need someone moderating the moderators. And round and round it goes. Either allow for freedom of expression or don't.

billyw40
8/26/17

Worst rag in Media...Total bs artists...Always "Sources say" NO they dont they are lying...The king of Weasel words, and low grade journalism..At its best...

kimg105
8/22/17

False Headline, bias to Left, deletes comments they dont like or disagree with. Although they do notify you before you comment in so-called fine print.

2 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

You have been banned, along with 12,845,684 members.....

By Robert W.

You along with 12,856,954 other members. Don't waste your time. That site is a joke.

By Robert W.

Questions? Get answers from the RawStory staff and other customers.

RawStory?