Quora

Quora has a consumer rating of 1.93 stars from 356 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Quora also ranks 12th among Question And Answer sites.

No positive highlights yet

• I have supplied several hundred answers, mostly in non-controversial aspects of engineering or technology.
  • Not a place for a civilized discussion of abstract ideas by real knowledgeable people of any kind.
How would you rate Quora?

“QUORA: Censorship on steroids”

Rene N.
4/1/20

I have posted on Quora and found that it is controlled by special interest groups. For instance, Democrats gain control to crowd out Republicans. How is it done? They SIG uses 100 accounts to REPORT FOR VIOLATIONS any content they want removed. And the stupid bots and mods comply. For instance, I posted some verifiable facts about Jehovah's Witnesses, and that group has a special office that REPORTS with over 50 accounts. They are successful in getting undesirable facts about them removed so that they can continue their door to door propaganda campaign.

“The pinnacle of Hypocritical and Abusive moderation.”

John T.
2/29/20

Quora, the place where people can get away with writing any comment, spread propaganda or harassment, be offensive as long as they don't use the word fuck. However if you, God forbid, call someone out when they blatantly offend you using hypocritical and passive aggressive lingo, your comment gets deleted because it's straight to the point. If I can't write it there I'll write it here. Quora can go FUCK itself along with it's employees who should get killed for being stupid fucking imbeciles who can't judge nor care to judge properly.

answers (120) people (115) question (136) echo chamber (11) name (39) popularity contest (6) 6 months (5) users (36) anything (41) lot (45) account (64) answer site (4)
johnt1419
February 29th, 2020
Quora, the place where people can get away with writing any comment, spread propaganda or harassment, be offensive as long as they don't use the word $#*!.

If I can't write it there I'll write it here. Quora can go $#*! itself along with it's employees who should get killed for being stupid $#*!ing imbeciles who can't judge nor care to judge properly.
josephn144
January 24th, 2020
Much has been said about the Quora moderation, with their circlejerk echo chamber. It goes further than that, Passive Aggressive Moderators, Going as far as threatening "recommended for you" questions/answer in the feed. These moderators would hack your computer and use trackers and your IP Address to steal your information, and ruin your life. Beware, these moderators can potentially be xenophobic.
marcb331
February 28th, 2020
I've tried it for awhile now and found it almost impossible to reply to most posts and found it heavily overmoderated. It's nothing more than an echo chamber for liberal world views. Any dissenting opinion is quickly shut down. One supposed Christian site is run by a new ager pushing his reincarnation theology and outright blasphemies against the word of God.
einsteing
October 29th, 2019
Contrary to what people say Quora is actually a wonderful and useful site to find likeminded people. It has pretentious community of narcissistic dimwits of >500 IQ with too much time just like myself. People who left bad reviews just cant fathom the height of intellectual discourse. The only reason I give 4 star is because Quora has yet to do away with the obnoxious, informative politically neutral writers who refuse to conform and ruin the experience by making the rest of us look bad. If only they can eliminate these users the site will be perfect.
shanes194
January 31st, 2020
I had been on quora for a year or so and i used it every day

Finally, I grew tired of the site's apparent liberal bias, Its Inflammatory partisan questions and the left wing trolls turning every straight forward question in to a chance to force their angry rhetoric on the rest

I uninstalled the app, and deleted the account on jan 31 2020

I feel better already
renen22
April 1st, 2020
haleyf20
January 26th, 2020
No matter how well you research and source your answers. If your answer is detrimental to the far left agenda it will be deleted. I've written many answers about the financial connections between media corporations and political activism. I poured days of research into these answers and diligently sourced all of my claims. But most of my answers were hidden, while snarky emotionally driven answers with no sourcing remained at the top. It seems that moderation at Quora is hellbent on enforcing an echo chamber which destroys the entire purpose of the site.
johnl2272
February 2nd, 2020
Quora is what you get when you give equal amount of publishing power to everyone with a keyboard without prior editorial and peer review all under the guise of creating a library of knowledge. I've seen answers so poor that won't go past even a high school magazine being praised as if we're seeing the next Shakespeare it's absolutely nauseating.

Ideas and personalities don't get properly filtered out so you're basically getting both real smart people and actual retards in one platform with same number of tools to have their ideas published. Not to mention some people have mental issues and on serious power trip, it's shocking to see the extent of hostility and passive aggressive behaviors some had shown to discredit your answers when you offend their sensibilities.

Tip for consumers: If you want knowledge, buy a book and spend time reading explanations from real experts. Trusting what random idiots wrote on the internet is what created people like anti-vaxxers and flat-earthers.

kevinc779
January 31st, 2020
It is an understatement to say Quora has a twisted agenda under the pretence of running a Q&A site. It is not even something difficult to look at as they make it so transparent when you know what to look for. They want to dumb down people and let them think their opinions matter than they really are, and you know what they say about opinions. If you ever sign up for this god forsaken site, you got to see the kind of answers and questions that appeared in your email digest and daily feed. I am convinced the excruciatingly poor moderation is actively promoting only the kind of answers and questions they like and blast them out to the www while any other answers worth your attention (but not aligned to agenda) is either hidden or not found to begin with. For a site supposedly built for knowledge, this is ridiculous and unacceptable. No one should ever spend 2-5 hours sifting through their feed just to get it right. The site is a disgrace, and I think it will do a lot of people a favor if it ever get shut down.
davidw1809
October 13th, 2019
Full of supercilious twits! Bigots,propagandists, ideologues, delusionists, polemicists, hot-air balloons, fake personas, fake credentials, plagiarists,miserable Cun*ts, toffs and wank*ers, losers and slimy opportunists clutching a bunch of fake up votes. I agree with every comment here stating how biased this site is.

So be warned-Quora's goal isn't participation, but submission.
Quora doesn't care, and I won't care when they get wiped from the web.
alexs986
February 3rd, 2020
Spam and trash everywhere. I regret coming to this $#*!ty website. No moderation, no cenzorship, nothing.
dougm383
June 11th, 2019
I got blocked by quora staff because I posted factual statements showing their liberal biases. They make threats to conservatives, false stories, lies and hateful comments towards everyone on the right. But as soon as someone confronts them about it. Reported and banned.
This site is just like the brown shirt party. Only there opinions are allowed and how dare you disagree or fire back with the exact same insults they throw out.
lilyr62
March 25th, 2020
Hi, I'm Lily Rimes.

I used to be an avid writer on Quora. Had been for two years. I wrote in a wide variety of topics, mostly about Historical European Martial Arts and swords. I LOVED Quora, and over time earned 3K followers and made many friends. It was like a family to me, and became me favorite social site for it had so much to offer. And then suddenly, without warning, I found meself banned for "policy violations". I couldn't believe it. Two years of writing, gone in the blink of an eye.
I made an appeal, asked for a legitimate reason as to why I was banned. I was give the classic "boilerplate" response and was NEVER given a legit reason as to why I was banned.
A petition was even put out for me from a friend I met on Quora, and a few hundred people signed it and made their comments, many also stating they saw no reason for my ban and felt it was unjust.
Over time, it has gotten me to think and observe. As much as I love and adore Quora, there is one super glaring problem. THE MODERATION. And no, I'm not saying that cause I'm salty over me ban. It's a bloody fact. They're awful. They allow trolls, report spammers, and catfish to roam free on Quora with 0 problem and yet good writers are constantly banned. And if ye do some research, you'd find out there are some real snakes in the grass. I've heard several rumors of "rogue" moderators banning people who they dislike, or bots just making bad decisions and banning people for no good reason. And does Quora ever own up to their mistakes? Pfft... extremely rarely. From me understanding and research only one guy I know of ever got unbanned and that's just because he was insanely popular. 100K follower popular.
It's just bloody ridiculous and I don't understand it. From the time I was on Quora I came across many profiles that should have been banned, legit reasons, bullies, trolls, catfish, etc, etc. And those accounts are still there. Meanwhile, I and other good writers get wrongfully banned.
And it hurts cause Quora was very near and dear to me heart and to get thrown off it, like some piece of garbage for no good reason is an insult. Cause here's the thing, as I mentioned before, there are some real snakes in the grass on Quora and if you tread on those snakes the wrong way... they will bite... and you will be banned.
Quora is without a doubt THE BEST question and answer site on the web at the moment, but if ye be interested in joining it, be careful. Do your research, Quora is more tainted than you'd imagine.
carlose27
January 8th, 2020
I somehow was automatically given a Quora account via my Google account which was convenient. I was deleted because my answers were too explicit or too honest. They even $#*!ed that I was using my God Given nickname and not my real name. Curiously they kept my account active through a loophole using my other e-mail address which is strange.

Play by their rules only if you like using Quora to ask and answer stupid questions. If you can tolerate censorship, you will fit right in. This is not for everyone.
apollod
February 26th, 2020
I was on Quora for exactly two months and developed a pretty good following and got tons of upvotes and positive responses.Today I got booted off because I didn't use my real name. I used the name of Apollo Dawn and I didn't see anything wrong with that.I didn't even asked to join.My Google account opened up that door.I tried to access them and they gave me some bulls**t of having to send them documented proof of my real name.Okay,you want me to send your veriification of my 'real name"?? That would mean sending you sensitive info over a website that is isn't very secure. (You have guys sitting in their bedrooms accessing the top institutions in the country with frightening ease and you want me to send you documentation of my real name??....Don't think so).The name that i used was okay for two months,now you find fault with it?? I did my research and found out two disturbing things going on here.
One was that only "privileged" members were allowed to use names that were not theirs.Privileged Members?? This is a site you can go on to have fun,seek info on certain subjects and hopefully make someone's day.You're either gonna' treat everybody the same or close up shop.The second was that if someone else on Quora suspects that your name is not real,they can rat you out to the administrators and have you locked out.Sounds like a bunch of old women going after each other at get together.What business is it of anyone's if you choose to go with a another name outside of your own?? Being on Quora was fun while it lasted and I'm gonna' miss the questions.But i refused to give any sensitive info like identity proof to a site that is wide opened to be hack with ease.
kassemj
November 5th, 2019
It's well-documented that Quota collapses and deletes Pro-Palestine answers and users and actively promotes Hasbara propaganda and misinformation. I also notice a lot of support for the Chinese government on the website. I'm not Chinese so I have no dog in this fight, but I can imagine critics of the CCP are censored as well
lexw9
October 14th, 2019
An entire thread about the Turkey, Syria, Kurds Conflict was deleted less than 24 hours after I submitted 2 questions about the history of Turkey and Syria conflicts. Also, why did the Turkish press reported only the deaths of Kurds not ISIS since ISIS was their intended target? There are Quora members from all over the world and I thought this would be a great way to learn from both sides of the conflict. That didn't work out as planned.

The second incident occurred this evening. Quora kept after me to update/improve my credentials because that would increase my readership. For education I listed that I had a BS in Accounting from Indiana State University. No problem, got the diploma and still working on the Student Loans. They deleted BS! Do the Quora Big Wigs know BS means Bachelor of Science AND Bull $#*!. When discussing your education it's clear which BS you mean. Besides, everybody knows Bull $#*! and Accounting NEVER appear in the same sentence.
shalinit5
January 7th, 2020
Roorkee College of Engineering, Roorkee (RCE) is an engineering college located at Roorkee, Uttarakhand, India. It is affiliated to Uttarakhand Technical University,[1] and approved by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE).[2] The college is located at Roorkee on the Roorkee Haridwar Canal Road.RCE Roorkee has 10 academic departments covering engineering, management programs and master of computer application programs.

Departments
Electrical and Electronics Engineering
Electronics and Communication Engineering
Agriculture
Forestry
Roorkee College of Engineering received the Christian Medical Association of India (CMAI) National Uttarakhand Education Award in 2013 held on 11-02-2013 at Dehradun under the category of "Best Upcoming Engineering College" in entire Uttarakhand State. This award was presented by Vijay Bahuguna (Chief Minister of Uttarakhand) and Prof. D.S. Chauhan (Vice Chancellor of UTU Dehradun).
nataliec117
May 28th, 2019
I'll admit, quora is addicting at first. A lot of interesting things to read about. As new user I was drawn for a while. However when I start to understand what's cooking there..... the popularity contest, the drama, virtue signalling, pretentiousness.... it's too much. There are times where I literally want to throw up over this. can't believe half of these people are actually adults. it is forgivable if you're teenagers but adults playing highschool drama? Really? Then I check reviews.... guess I'm not the only one. Very disappointed....
badq1
April 6th, 2020
bad customer handling, banned, without a possibility to backup my content. never trust a third party to write content on
shanec185
March 31st, 2020
It is blatantly obvious that CCP has been targeting this site to shape the public opinions about China. It is excruciating to see that the site now creates an atmosphere of a totalitarian regime that absolutely no critical comments can be made towards CCP.
carolw70
June 8th, 2019
I was a member of Quora for about say 5-6 years. I would posts comments, etc, and even answer questions. And go on about my day for several months.

Whelp! After 6 or so years, one of the moderators woke up, and started doing their job. Reading posts. There must have been a post this mod didn't like, or some other mod didn't like, or they finally drank the right roast of coffee with extra caffeine in it, and BOOM..

I was hit with the "You can't post here anymore because we don't know you're real name."

Hell, after 6-7 years. You've had that policy in effect since probably 2016 or maybe even earlier, and in the year 2019 you finally realize, "Oh! Gee! We can't have this!".. BOOM! Heads will roll by gawd..

Well, by that time, i've already gave my answers, posted whatever it was that i wanted anyway - and moved on anyway..So BOOM back at ya..

Trust me, they'll read this post and they REALLY won't want me back..

so BOOM.. that's the sound of the door hittin' ya where the good Lord split ya' on the way out..
mrsr41
April 23rd, 2019
I have used Quora actively for the past six months and while they allow questions like "why people are stupid?" they do not want any questions or answers that is against their agenda or propaganda. It was founded by two ex-Facebook employees. They definitely took with them the Facebook view of right to censor and control information and history. The site is filled with misinformation and mere opinions. Facts are not welcome.
harryc222
December 5th, 2019
I had about 280 followers and over 20K answer views a month. They banned me for absolutely no reason other than I was supporting positions the liberal moderators didn't want to hear, and was gaining in popularity. Imagine you write over 2000 answers, are in their partner program (they invited me), and they ban you summarily just because they can. Then delete all of the content you have ever created. They allege to be a place to spread knowledge and information, but what they really are is a place to spread Democrat and liberal view points.
johns1581
January 2nd, 2017
Excellent Q&A site with many intelligent questions and answers. I like the site for this very reason, but I take issue when their almighty algorithm decides that one of my questions or answers need improvement. That should be the moderator's decision, NOT the program's.

It'd also be nice if there were more sorting options.

[Updated January 10, 2017]

Yes, the questions about penis size and virginity seems to sponsor endless discussion!

By Michael G.