Review of Quora

Tel: +1 916-445-1254
privacy@quora.com

gails326
7/22/19
• Updated review

I was invited to be a part of The Christian Corner as a Contributor. I don't mean to blow my own horn, but my posts were excellent, and so were my comments, and I often received up to 35 'likes,' which was more than any other posts from anyone else. (Praise and glory to God.). But there were a couple of serious problems there.

First - and I'm sorry if what I'm about to say offends some - but 'The Christian Corner' has catholic contributors, which is outrageous since catholicism diverts from Scripture terribly, including but not limited to committing necromancy as a regular practice, so how godly can advice be from such contributors. It can't be.

Second, the woman who runs the Corner seems very nice at first, but if she doesn't have your spiritual gifts, then *you* don't have them. For every single thing I said in my posts, I cited the Scripture verses to support the statements. All was fine until it came to one in particular. She deleted it at 37 likes, 3 shares and counting, and accused me of being a know-it-all despite the Scripture citations.

This person who runs "The Christian Corner" has an unteachable spirit, and is obviously a very immature Christian that she would allow catholics to contribute to a Christian area, and accuse someone of not having certain spiritual gifts just because she doesn't have them. I know what some of you might be thinking, that there are many Christians who think they're gifted and spew baloney (which is absolutely true), but in this case, all you have to do is test the spirits with regard to her taking on catholic contributors in a Christian space.

I ended up getting booted off without so much as a professional or Christian 'goodbye and blessings.'

As soon as I saw that there were catholic contributors where they had no business being, I should have declined the invitation.

Just a heads up. Remember, if you get invited to be a contributor and disagree with a catholic contributor (which I never made known which was very hard because it misleads the readers), you can never disagree for the sake of disharmony in the Corner. A hypocritical Corner indeed.

There is nothing worse than a leader of a so-called Christian ministry who has itching ears, lack of a spirit of discernment or discernment in the smallest degree, and one who is still drinking the milk and not able to chew the meat.

That's my take and I stand by it.

“Pathetic Moderation; Useless to Appeal.”
4/25/19
• Previous review

It started out great. I thought I had finally found a place to do my Christian work. I was getting Answer Requests like crazy. I was four weeks behind to answer them because there were so many, and I was on for hours every day. In total, I was there for just under a month.
-----
Then, my comments were being collapsed; then I was on for too long, not permitted to answer anymore and told to come back later; then my comments were being deleted - and without notification; then my comments were deleted within seconds - and without notification; then they were being deleted immediately on posting. It's as if I was being followed the second I logged in by some atheist or moslem moderator who despised the Christian work I was doing. I had approximately 5 comments a day deleted, and I would never get a notification that it violated a Quora policy, because we both knew it didn't.
-----
I appealed every answer they deleted. It was useless. Take a look at the first picture I attached here which is their standard sorry rubber-stamp reply which couldn't be more irrelevant. Then see the second picture which is what they deleted, which clearly does not apply to any of their rubber-stamp reply rhetoric.
-----
Update: I ended up going back, and all was okay for a while. They deleted an excellent and very detailed political post of mine that had been published for quite some time. I wrote them and they wrote back with an apology saying that it was deleted in error. It stayed for a while and was deleted again. I wrote them again and have not yet heard back. Even if they reinstate it (again), I imagine it won't be the last time they delete it (again).

In summary, Quora could be a really great site if the moderators were actually competent, and if they weren't suppressing political truth out of concern for the barbarian psychopaths who might be... offended at straight-forward facts, i.e. news articles and eyewitness videos, that do not involve my words at all, offensive or otherwise, and do not violate their policies.

tomb666
7/14/19

QUora uses BNBR as a way to shut down people that do not play into their political narrative. They completely erased my account UltimateMan under name Tom Bijl as soon as I spoke about NASA being a big lie and oddly enough the people trying to prove me wrong were mean and disrespectful and I stayed steadfast on being polite and focus on the topic. But seemingly it is those who question the lies that get that BS BNBR pretext to shut them down. And they give no reason what so ever or explanation. This is a criminal website that needs to be shutdown worldwide. They are manipulating people and controlling the narrative. We ought to stop this kind of practices people trying to monopolise the narrative are dictators and tyrants, they need to be stopped before too many people are corrupted by disinformation.
Contacted them for a dispute, no answer they seem dead. So I advise everybody to stay away from Quora.

navala
7/10/19

The site survives on deluding users by exploiting them on probably the most basic psychological traps of modern era like the need for acceptance (love n likes), need to be an in-group, need for knowledge, short attention span, information addiction and for the power users, the sense of power and domination over smaller users with little to zero accountability. It almost seems like the endgame of Quora is to be an object of idol worship, not exactly to build a library of knowledge. Quora definitely could do something like re-structuring of the site and strict moderation so it could minimize demagoguery but since there are more pressing needs like making money, I don't even think it's part of their internal policy.

Dissent on the site is frowned upon not exactly because it's part of moderation, but mostly because currently on internet you're a nazi to disagree with popular narrative. In other cases some big players on the site have their egos bruised by other people getting the attention they've been enjoying, so they went straight Kim Jong-un and try to sweep them off the site so they can be the eternal god. It's almost like the inquisition, only without the bloodshed and genocide. What's so ironic about all this is the amount of stake some people put upon such an unpopular site such as Quora. It's so unpopular, rarely ever mentioned anywhere on the internet and ranks so low on Alexa, you have to wonder if all the pretentiousness you have to put up with could ever be justified.

tkk6
7/7/19

Many of the questions posted regarding China and Hong Kong are as biased and misleading (pro-Beijing) as you can get. The writers often express their own "feelings" without factual support to their claims.

deeb151
7/6/19

If you don't have glowing things to say about racist cops, evangelicals melania trump or trump himself.. the Moderators will "collapse" your post. Nothing rude.. just mentioning examples will get your post "collapsed".

dylant36
7/6/19

I never use this website at all, I'm sure I just signed up so I can find an answer for homework or something. Next thing you know I constantly get these emails filled with bull$#*! liberal journalism but that isn't my problem here today. My problem is that I get an email straight up spoiling the end of game of thrones in the subject of them. Now I wouldn't be so angry about this if it was any other time, I'm literally putting on the final episode now and have avoided all spoilers and information about the episode since it's release. But these god damn idiots decide it's a good idea to put THE BIGGEST part of the plot for the final episode RIGHT IN THE SUBJECT. It's not like I read the email, it shows up right under the title. All in all, you guys actually suck and I hope this website crashes and burns with all your liberals hosting this censorship fest. I'm at least glad you guys were already given a 2 star rating from everybody else who isn't a liberal who use your website. $#*! off, quora. Spoilers in the picture.

kamals30
7/3/19

Quora is like CNN..hateful,full of lies,fabricated claims,false accusations slandering anyone who disagree with leftists and most importantly this trash site run by liberal nutjobs who present emotions as facts.
they are incredibly high on censoring everyone who dare to challenge leftists on their lies. just three comments against them and booom they ban your account permanently.

Quora moderators act like thought police from 1984. a moderators job is to keep things balanced and mutual between 2 sides not censoring,banning one while giving free pass to another to say whatever they want no matter how wrong or abusive it is. this is Orwellian future of America if we just sit here and don't do anything about these silicon valley giants.

now let me rant here

i am indian and i agree that this site ruined by indians specially indian girls who are not only stupid but biggest hypocrites in the world.

For example: do you think india need feminism?
answer by Indian women; india need feminism because
indian women are afraid to buy condoms from medical stores.
8K upvotes and 3K shares by stupid indian women and indian simps. lol

you can see them endlessly whining about india,Hinduism,indian men like they are living in some kind of Guantanamo prison in india. none of them mention anything about numerous female privileges they are enjoying in india like free education from kindergarten to PhD only and only for girls not boys.reservations for women in transport to education institutes to parliament . they write long boring answers after answers on "we want Equality" but dont want equality where women have advantage over men like dating and laws.they cry about rapes but none of them speak anything about false rape accusations which are more than 50% according to indian supreme court. they deliberately initiate fights with anyone who criticize feminism and then hide behind BNBR to "win" arguments. they know they have a free pass to abuse men because they belongs to "oppressed group" and its okay for them to talk trash about men but god forbid if someone use BNBR against them they cry "i am poor oppressed victim of misogyny". trust me 90% of indian girls on quora are like that. i would like to mention about this particular girl who is also a moderator at q/mensrights space.she never post anything related to mens issues but the same feminist crap like sexism,patriarchy,toxic msaculinity etc on space created for addressing mens issue!! this is an prime example of why MRAs failed because they allow women in their movement and dig their own grave. and when i call out her on her hypocrisy she throws usual feminist buzzwordsat me like misogynist sexist troll male chauvinist and incel.i mean you call yourself Anti feminist but you are using feminist shaming tactics on men then what the hell you are doing at q/mensrights? whats the difference between you and man hating feminists?

just stay away from this garbage website..its full of misandry,double standards, leftists virtue signaling,hate towards men and conservatives, anti Christian,Hinduism but pro Islam and Judaism. just block this crap website.

chahh
6/28/19

Don't waste time commenting and explaining with the best factual data and proves that you have as eventually, the loser who argued with you would report your answers repeatedly and boom.. You're blocked! Just detach the quora account from your email or FB, logout and never look back. It's fully of $#*!ty stuff.

margarett138
6/22/19

They're very biased against Christian or conservative answers, and they'll target you and there is no recourse.

jamess1761
6/21/19

No, quo~ is a total scam or a fake site to give people a false impression of what people are thinking and how people answer their questions.
For example I exposed the high tech brain interfaces that allows the secret-societies to create "Crop-Circles" while in total darkness.
But quo~ is obviously in on the world-wide scam since they delete the answer.
Quo~ had no legitimate to delete the answer and did not give a warning or reason for deleting. They just deleted what educated the readers in a direction that exposed to the public what Mystery School orchestrated scams are trying to accomplish. Included was a secret-society member admitting to the scam... that was probably the clinker that quo~ boss owner said "delete it without telling anyone it was us who are hiding public admissions."
My example: https://computerbraininterface.science.blog/2018/12/23/crop circles solved and now i find a member of the thug network admitting to it/
quo~ is political like the gestapo, but in bits and bytes.

marving44
6/16/19

Like the tittle says. Dont ask or say anything about anything involving judaism. XD XD XD. if you say jew on quora they categorize you below child molester and mass shooter. I got my answer quora. Not with words but by your actions.

davids2249
6/11/19

If you want to ask genuinely probing questions about real world topics, forget it !!! - you will be warned, then shortly after your account will be frozen.

In particular real world questions about the UK government's polices on treatment of the sick and disabled. Even when you ask politely, you will be censored - its a testament to how close a nerve I touched, it confirms that I was asking the right questions, ill be posting my findings online about Quoras rampant fascist moderators.

Quora masks their fascist censorship with this statement, "you have violated our policies" .

dougm383
6/11/19

I got blocked by quora staff because I posted factual statements showing their liberal biases. They make threats to conservatives, false stories, lies and hateful comments towards everyone on the right. But as soon as someone confronts them about it. Reported and banned.
This site is just like the brown shirt party. Only there opinions are allowed and how dare you disagree or fire back with the exact same insults they throw out.

dixiec18
6/9/19

Wow. What a bunch of hateful people. You ask a simple question based on an observation or curiosity and BAM you're attacked. Forbid you are an American asking about British royalty. All of a sudden you are stupid and unobservant and a second class citizen. Wow. I deleted my account and unsubscribed. If I needed this much negativity I'll go watch Documentaries of the Holocaust.

carolw70
6/8/19

I was a member of Quora for about say 5-6 years. I would posts comments, etc, and even answer questions. And go on about my day for several months.

Whelp! After 6 or so years, one of the moderators woke up, and started doing their job. Reading posts. There must have been a post this mod didn't like, or some other mod didn't like, or they finally drank the right roast of coffee with extra caffeine in it, and BOOM..

I was hit with the "You can't post here anymore because we don't know you're real name."

Hell, after 6-7 years. You've had that policy in effect since probably 2016 or maybe even earlier, and in the year 2019 you finally realize, "Oh! Gee! We can't have this!".. BOOM! Heads will roll by gawd..

Well, by that time, i've already gave my answers, posted whatever it was that i wanted anyway - and moved on anyway..So BOOM back at ya..

Trust me, they'll read this post and they REALLY won't want me back..

so BOOM.. that's the sound of the door hittin' ya where the good Lord split ya' on the way out..

alyshac8
6/5/19

I just finished reading an "opinion" on Borderline Personality Disorder. Downright dangerous and disgusting. A blanketed and narrow minded, bigoted point of view on what is a very serious and real mental illness. I am actually appalled that this site is allowed to get away with publishing such a dangerous and one sided dialogue. Clearly the perspective of a person who has been in a partnership/friendship with someone who has this illness and got burned. Boo Hoo.Perhaps the relationship ended because the writer was such an incredible tosser! As a person who actually has this illness, and has fought it most of their life, I can tell you, reading this was quite distressing. So basically I am someone who feels hated, and should not bother to ever have a relationship because I am just a manipulative and self absorbed cow, it will just always end the same way?

I guess my "opinion" here of basically an intolerant and narrow minded person is unwarranted? What a shameful and stupid site this is. Proof of why social media is and will be the downfall of society.

jona132
6/2/19

I had an account on Quora for 6 months before I was removed/banned for not toeing their little line.

Don't get me wrong, the site has some intelligent writers on it, but like everything post-2016, they're intolerant of anything that challenges their world view in the political(and meta political) arena. Blanket catchphrase statements like "facts have a liberal bias" and other Colbert slogans are pretty much the norm.

My advice, if you're young and need help with a book report, Quora may be able to help, but anything that requires dynamic thinking outside of the conventional, quora is not the place. Expect a lot of hand wringing, social/tribal signaling and moral preening if you ever query a topic that challenges mainstream dogma.

My biggest problem with quora is they try to act like arbiters of the ultimate objective truth. Like a growing number of people, they don't seem to understand where opinions end and facts begin. Hopefully, in the future they'll create a friendly environment that invites a diversity of opinion. I won't hold my breath though.

Tip for consumers: Okay for apolitical discussion.

nataliec117
5/28/19

I'll admit, quora is addicting at first. A lot of interesting things to read about. As new user I was drawn for a while. However when I start to understand what's cooking there..... the popularity contest, the drama, virtue signalling, pretentiousness.... it's too much. There are times where I literally want to throw up over this. can't believe half of these people are actually adults. it is forgivable if you're teenagers but adults playing highschool drama? Really? Then I check reviews.... guess I'm not the only one. Very disappointed....

latashah14
5/23/19

I won't recommend it to anyone looking for advice, just ask anyone in real life for your problems. It's the worst !

gaber16
5/21/19

Site originally has great idea but as anything else ran by and for money, the trend goes it will turn to profit eventually and then you can say bye bye to good user experience. Mods are more concerned on cramming ads to pages than to filter content which is the reason for the total flop scam known as partner program. It's a scheme virtually pushed to generate page counts and views which means more spaces for ads. Don't be surprised you're not getting paid for answers, they know knowledge is priceless and by you giving it all for free you just got played. The knowledge is secondary, they just want to cram ads. If you're wondering why Quora bans only specific kind of people you got to see it from business perspective. You'll find your answer to that. Also, a lot of users seem to think popular answers are the truest truth among other truths. Say otherwise outloud and see what happens next for yourself. One only have to look at the median IQ distribution graph to see which kind of people are the most in numbers. It should go without saying popular answers should be just about average, by pure logic. There isn't too many Elon Musk (only one so far), so no need to feel like one just because you hit 5m answer views or 5k upvote on an answer.

dietrichs
5/20/19

Apart of the obvious fact that the moderators delete or collapse any question or answer that isn't left with propaganda they consistently disabling my ability to answer or post questions. Just recently they disabled my ability to answer questions because they don't think that my name is real. 1 star because of the overbearing moderators trying to censor anything they disagree with.

texa
5/17/19

As stated in an article, "Quora creates, wants, and panders to tyrannical moderators." I'll add "Marxist" to the list of attributes. If you're from the right-wing crowd, nothing you do can ever be right (funnily enough), and if you're left-leaning, nothing's wrong or a violation of their completely flexible rules, including the virtual counterpart of eye gouging and kick to the nuts.

Why is it so? I don't know why. But take this to heart.

From "Top 10 Reasons Why Quora Sucks And Deserves To Die A Quick Death", another Quora-loving article (https://thetechreader.com/top-ten/top-10-reasons-why-quora-sucks-and-deserves-to-die-a-quick-death/):

*#5 Why Quora Sucks: You can be banned for anything. Your posts can be deleted without cause or reason by any moderator who simply disagrees with you. If you aren't a liberal, you won't have an account on Quora for long. You'll be quickly banned.

They might let you waste a bunch of time first before deleting all your content you worked hard for and banning you forever just because they don't agree with your political perspective [...].

thomasa54
5/16/19

Quora is simply another Liberal leeching web site like Fakebook that attempts to empower weak minded individuals to embrace their mental shortcomings.

brandonm98
5/8/19

Pretentious people giving long-winded answers to silly questions.

Ex- "Why couldn't the Hulk beat Thanos?" and then someone writes a Novel about their opinion on the matter like they wrote the characters and created the MCU.
Why do I need this sent to me in email? I though it was more for deep conversation, but I rarely see any of that anymore.

If you have a real question, it tends to not get answered.
And a lot of questions I have seen that get more volume seem to be regurgitated questions that have been asked before.

Ex - "What was something that happened to you as a kid that made you never look at the world the same?"
Then a month later, "What was a traumatizing experience that happened to you at a young age that made you look at the world differently?"

After using it for a couple years, all I can say is the site is ultimately an echo-chamber filled with a lot of silly conversation when it's supposed to be intellectual. And it's becoming more and more difficult to find those gems of informative conversation.

Tip for consumers: Have an opinion on Thanos.

shellyd56
4/25/19

This company is EXTREMELY limiting on what you can and can not say. They will flag your post, delete your thoughtful legitimate answers and don't have your back. They don't respect experts or their recommended links. They question your integrity, call you spam, and don't respect you as an individual or your experience.

42 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Yes, the questions about penis size and virginity seems to sponsor endless discussion!

By Michael G.

Because Quora is run by an amateur who may aspire to be Zuckeberg, yet is nowhere near as savvy.

By Sarah H.

I honestly feel and highly suspect from certain traits that Quora pays Google to be high on the rank and they get *buddy buddy* with the government. Quora is essentially too big to fail. We no longer have capitalism but now live under governmentism which Trump pledges to end but can he? Does he really mean what he says? That is the million $ question.

By Kyle H.

Agreed. Strange but true. The only place that requires full name when you already have an account where the username to use. Why? Just more of the old information collecting processes. Blatant disregard.

By Leo A.

No financial gain for Quora users as referenced to the Partners Program. Quora will drop you quickly if you challenge them on any moderation they made to your questions or answers. Too many rules too few incentives to write.

By Sam F.

No, it is obviously leftist but it does on occasion allow questions or replies for short periods of time that are obviously uncomfortable to the "politicaly correct" crowd in a useless attempt to appear unbiased.

By David N.

Resilience is when you can read Quora answers for about half an hour without puking. Joke's on you mate.

By Isaac K.

Because Google put Quora answers at the top of their search results when people search for a question they see the answer from Quora. Which is stupid because most answers on Quora aren't even correct lol. Idk why Google wants to promote that site, if they own it or they want to buy it and incorporate it into Google at some point. I think the site is awful and it should be shut down because it's just a propaganda site. You do not see Quora from any other search engine for example duckduckgo. But you see it in Google.

By Aare t.

as well as to discuss their sexual proclivities in anonymity.

By Michael G.

Questions? Get answers from the Quora staff and other customers.

10 Photos for Quora