Review of Quora

Tel: +1 916-445-1254
privacy@quora.com

carolp299
4/15/19

Certain questions are banned, for example,
questions about hepatitis B vaccine adjuvants toxicity on newborn infants.

claudea8
4/14/19

Quora is `100% against the Constitution, not a light statement, but the fact that the allowed 'questions' and allowed 'answers' are skewed toward destruction of the Constitution protections for Americans.

So, who's financially backing Quora? This is why Google is deeply against the Constitution, it's their financial backers who form the objectives of all enterprises.

The two founders of quora came from inner circles of FaceBook, a deeply anti-Constitution enterprise, backed financially by deeply anti-Constitution bankers. Look up the origins in long gone history of the international banker cabal that runs U.S. government in every section.

Who did these two Quora founders turn to for their financial backing? Follow the money trail. Anti-Constitution to the last one.

So, here's the way I use the many Quora returns that Anti-Constitution Google search slaps me with for most searches . . .

1. Look for and ignore the Quora links (I always use the long form search results as these provide a glimpse into the jist of the linked content)

2. Where the search site synopsis for Quora indicates hints of info I can accept and verify elsewhere, I open the Quora page.

3. Where the search return indicates reliable content in Quora and other pages, I will compare Quora with others to determine where Quora 'answers' align with common sense, proven facts.

So, I vote down Quora as a enterprise formed by anti-Constitution-backed financiers whose determined goals are the destruction of America and Rule by common law and Creator's Right to continue guidance of America.

thomasd359
4/12/19

Ripped me off for over $200 on their partner program when they decided to cancel my account a day before I was to be paid. Other notable 'attributes' to quora is their extreme left views bordering on being Nazis. One can not post any real opinions without getting banned for not being 'nice' If you are part of the in group and are pro gay, an extreme atheist, feminist, feel free to say whatever you like against the right. Otherwise, just don't go for this 'make money online' scam. Just a horrendous scam that is somehow still up and ripping people off

alayssab
4/12/19

Online teaching is the recent trend I tried. I think the idea is a great fit for my lifestyle so I applied at Waijiaoyi upon hearing it from my friend who's been with them for 4 months now. He said it may take few days of adjustment 'coz I got to work during wee hours in Serbia but it wasn't that hard for me at all.
Teach at home or from anywhere in the world all you need is
a stable internet connection and a quiet work environment. . Yes, so comfy right? Try us!

texasu
4/11/19

First, you need to understand how Quora operates. Does Quora need answers that are correct? It's counterintuitive, but no, not necessarily. All it needs are PAGE HITS so it can SERVE ADS and MAKE MONEY from those ads. How does it get page hits? It needs search engines to list Quora "answers" as the answers to people's search queries. How does it do that? It creates a platform where people can "level up" and create authoritizative-looking profiles by writing well-crafted, grammatically correct answers, and then their cronies and like-minded members vote their answers up. Sometimes it's a popularity contest. Other times you'll find dubious propaganda that sadly is no different than the scandals involving facebook and election interference. Ultimately, there is the appearance of a "professional answer" by "experts". The end result is search engines link to Quora's content, creating the illusion that it's actually providing a true answer to your question. In that past this was done by actually paying people to write junk content online. Quora figured out a way to get people to do it for free. In reality, at best, most of the content is psuedo-answers. There is no peer review of these psuedo-answers. This is because Quora allows users to block some or even all replies to their answers. Kind of curious for a Q&A site, don't you think? Sadly it's not an accident - it's that way on purpose. Quora has designed a system that creates the APPEARANCE of professional, authoritative answers. A peer review of those psuedo-answers is not a priority and most likely not wanted. More specifically, information accuracy is completely irrelevant to Quora. In other words, it's a WELL-MONETIZED MIRAGE.

annc223
4/8/19

quora is not a place for plain speaking people who don't have fancy degrees and a need to pad their cv's or resumes by showing off like teacher's pets on a bender. imo this is a platform for insecure professionals to look smart and knowledgeable by parading their education in front of people exactly like them. i imagine a lot of people with digital technology jobs adding their quora profile to their resume, showing the number of followers. i'm well on my way to being banned from quora, which, in true 1984 style, has already sent me clipped messages asking me to "understand". that im about to be banned. by quora. well, boohoo. if you are a trendy liberal professional who lives in seattle and works for the tech industry and is PC, i think this is your website. particularly if you dont want to think for yourself. quora is one of the most self serving, cherry picking websites ive ever interacted with. totally devoted to its own view of what is acceptable regarding your expressions. free speech? not so much, quora.

onemadg
3/31/19

After answering and commenting on enough political questions to be noticed, commenters started calling me names more and more. Stupid and ignorant are the left's favorites.
Then they started saying I misunderstood the question or was using wrong word definitions. I started copying and pasting word definitions into my answers and citing the dictionary. They said I was using the wrong word. I gave examples of Socialism, which triggered one woman who reported my answer as being threatening. The example involved a fruit tree and the equal distribution of the fruit. As the person who did all the work, the grower only got as much fruit as everyone else and her profits were taken. No violence. She reported me after she promised me and my kind would be trampled to death by some crap I forget.
It's gotten quite frightening for me to check my notifications. I am going to delete my account and never use Quora again. They've leaned so far left its like the View.

isaack39
Isaac K.
3/5/19

I'm just gonna add to the mountain of bad reviews already in place. This site is rated so poorly for a damn good reason and if you wanna know why check other reviews they'll tell you what you need to know. The website needs you to login to read answers that's already a big turnoff and to top it off they require you to use your real name which is just straight up privacy breach. Most contents are average, borderline useful but nowhere near as great as the users there made it out to be. When I was reading some of the things written there can't help but to feel these are the type of people that never really get their asses handed to them in real life. The condescension and arrogance can absolutely get under your skin and sometimes it can make you wanna give a good hard smash to the face of some people there if you ever meet them.

The peculiar thing about the site, is the amount of views some answers get. I have to note again it's a closed-off website which requires login to even read answers made me wonder whether any of the views were real people reading or just hired bots. It is ridiculous, there is no way someone can go over 300k views with a single answer while average users there are getting below 100k. Then what's worse, there is virtually no demographic tools content creators there could use to check on who's reading what and where they're coming from. So you're left there wondering who on earth read your answer and where are they coming from, what their gender is or how old they are. How is that even a good thing for a website that demand you to breach your own privacy by the real name policy yet they can't even give you anything back as a contributor? It's so suspicious. Now they got their own privacy breach last December it was a delightful sight but they didn't seem to learn anything from it and went full damage control instead of addressing real issues with their site.

Now you might wonder now being such a place, is there any positive qualities left? There is. There are definitely some reliable experts and writers who would reveal to you great insight about many things under the sun, but most of them can't keep up with the more banal and childish content more relevant to the site users. Let's just put it this way if you are a truly accomplished person who has a lot going for you in your respective fields, being a pretentious ass on the internet telling everyone else how special you are should be the last thing that come to mind. Fact is most of us barely making it in life and to be so deluded by internet fame on an elitist website famous for being echo chamber won't do you any good. It actually sends the opposite message. Remember the saying birds of a feather flock together? Losers too have a tendency to do that to feel better about themselves.

leoa38
3/3/19

Don't dare challenge the admins. They block anything they don't agree with. Boom. You're gone. Banned. Pathetic.

samp175
2/26/19

I got banned from quora for nothing. They made false allegations just to get me removed. I have not done anything wrong. It seems they just didn't like my answers even though it was the truth.

brandons53
2/25/19

Don't use Quora. Quora moderators harass you and change your questions and make them not what you want to ask.

evaristeg
2/15/19

Quora is a great place for debating and learning about the world. There is a great diversity of opinion on the website, and many interesting people.

amnas5
1/20/19

The policies of the site say that "Users are not allowed to post content or adopt a tone that would be interpreted by a reasonable observer as a form of hate speech, particularly toward a race, gender, religion, nationality, ethnicity, political group, sexual orientation or another similar characteristic," and "Answers and comments that challenge the fundamental beliefs of an OP or answerer will be held to a very high standard." Yet, they continue to allow ISLAMOPHOBIC HATE SPEECH and their site, which is basically lies created to instill fear in others about Islam and Muslims, and how Islam is the most dangerous religion. Four times, moderation deleted my comments in response to the hate-mongerer, calling him out for hate speech and that he is violating Quora policies. It shows what kind of people are sitting behind the moderation computer, that is, of course the same as the inciter of hate. They will not consider this hate, but immediately delete my comments. I am surprised the review below is saying it's liberal, because these conservative, anti-women, racist, anti-religion and hateful people are always having a feast on the internet and places like Quora! They have quite the way to hog all space, and censor all other speech, and perhaps, start monitoring you due to their Islamophobic hatred.

robertr708
1/9/19

The ridiculous censorship and removal of any comment that does not pass the liberal smell test is excessive to the point of making the site pointless. Certainly crazy or abusive comments need to be removed but issues such as whether racial equality is real or a myth or other controversial subjects like alleged police brutality or whether some women lie about rape cannot be discussed.

iroquoisp
1/5/19

This site is full of people posting offensive and racist joke questions and answers. It's a place where people come to spout their political agendas and there also seems to be a big obsession with eugenics among the users on this site who all seem to be anti-social narcissistic psychopaths. This site needs to be shut down for good and Google needs to stop putting their answers in my search feed.

samf106
12/31/18

In five months I posted 700 hundred questions on varying topics. For each question I would be reimbursed if there were sufficient views. As time went on I noted many questions had thousands of views and hundreds of impressions. Yet Quora claimed I made no revenue for that question. Money made in 5 months, zilch. Quora refers you to example questions which made sufficient revenue over a one year period. Problem the Partner Program started 6 months after these questions were posted, yet the revenue reflected on each post is for an entire year. In other words they lied. The Partner Program is a scam intending to provide incentive to ask questions. As an idiot I believed them. Do not believe whatever they state about money it is all a crock of $#*!.

kajsab
12/31/18

Got an invite I didn't want. Do keep us separate from English speaking peoples won't you. Once exceeded the limit of answers you can give in a day. Was on there pretty much 24 hours one day. Not sure if my answers still exist. Made me make a new account? Not anyone famous using it.

deborahc281
12/30/18

Totally dominated by the Israeli lobby and apologists with absurd responses to set-up questions and a complete whitewashing of Israeli brutality and demonizing of anything Palestinian - a propaganda machine.

lisah695
12/29/18

I was banned for asking support a question. I wanted to know if it was possible to change my name, because I've picked up a stalker. I'm a "Top Writer" and I didn't know if changing my name would affect that, or if it was even possible. Instead of answering my question they sent a cut and paste threat telling me that because I wasn't using my real name I would need to verify my identity before proceeding. Then they locked me out of my account. Note: I didn't change my name. Note: I'm actually using my real name. Note: all I did was ask a question. None of that matters, and now they won't respond at all.

I used to think Quora was amazing. But the real test of any organization is how they deal with a problem. Avoid this place like the plague.

chrish856
12/20/18

Having to sign in to get informed responses always seems anti-freedom. I want a library filled with books and latest news - online - for free. Quora is against that openness.

jans277
12/12/18

Don't waste you're time. A ton of weird Donald Trump junk questions. They pull off any discussion from the right - just a junk site

davidn378
12/11/18

No Neutrality, seems to prefer to censor answer to questions that are not center-left and prefers to give voice to leftist, pro radical extremists.

roccom35
12/9/18

In a nutshell: A very radical hard leftist bent on this site. No actual neutrality.
Only ever went there to laugh at their seriously insane Marxtard bull$#*!.

emilj8
11/28/18

I can't even log off and I decided to never go on it and it's also full of too much smartasses to be honest

fkuf
11/24/18

Too many answers are so pro Zionist uber Israel and against Palestine and Muslim culture as to make it uninformative and worthless. Seems to be a dearth of real academics in yr employee roster. Logging off. Permanently. #BDS

41 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Yes, the questions about penis size and virginity seems to sponsor endless discussion!

By Michael G.

Because Quora is run by an amateur who may aspire to be Zuckeberg, yet is nowhere near as savvy.

By Sarah H.

I honestly feel and highly suspect from certain traits that Quora pays Google to be high on the rank and they get *buddy buddy* with the government. Quora is essentially too big to fail. We no longer have capitalism but now live under governmentism which Trump pledges to end but can he? Does he really mean what he says? That is the million $ question.

By Kyle H.

Agreed. Strange but true. The only place that requires full name when you already have an account where the username to use. Why? Just more of the old information collecting processes. Blatant disregard.

By Leo A.

No financial gain for Quora users as referenced to the Partners Program. Quora will drop you quickly if you challenge them on any moderation they made to your questions or answers. Too many rules too few incentives to write.

By Sam F.

No, it is obviously leftist but it does on occasion allow questions or replies for short periods of time that are obviously uncomfortable to the "politicaly correct" crowd in a useless attempt to appear unbiased.

By David N.

Resilience is when you can read Quora answers for about half an hour without puking. Joke's on you mate.

By Isaac K.

Because Google put Quora answers at the top of their search results when people search for a question they see the answer from Quora. Which is stupid because most answers on Quora aren't even correct lol. Idk why Google wants to promote that site, if they own it or they want to buy it and incorporate it into Google at some point. I think the site is awful and it should be shut down because it's just a propaganda site. You do not see Quora from any other search engine for example duckduckgo. But you see it in Google.

By Aare t.

as well as to discuss their sexual proclivities in anonymity.

By Michael G.

Questions? Get answers from the Quora staff and other customers.

5 Photos for Quora