Review of Quora

Tel: +1 916-445-1254
privacy@quora.com

evaristeg
2/15/19

Quora is a great place for debating and learning about the world. There is a great diversity of opinion on the website, and many interesting people.

amnas5
1/20/19

The policies of the site say that "Users are not allowed to post content or adopt a tone that would be interpreted by a reasonable observer as a form of hate speech, particularly toward a race, gender, religion, nationality, ethnicity, political group, sexual orientation or another similar characteristic," and "Answers and comments that challenge the fundamental beliefs of an OP or answerer will be held to a very high standard." Yet, they continue to allow ISLAMOPHOBIC HATE SPEECH and their site, which is basically lies created to instill fear in others about Islam and Muslims, and how Islam is the most dangerous religion. Four times, moderation deleted my comments in response to the hate-mongerer, calling him out for hate speech and that he is violating Quora policies. It shows what kind of people are sitting behind the moderation computer, that is, of course the same as the inciter of hate. They will not consider this hate, but immediately delete my comments. I am surprised the review below is saying it's liberal, because these conservative, anti-women, racist, anti-religion and hateful people are always having a feast on the internet and places like Quora! They have quite the way to hog all space, and censor all other speech, and perhaps, start monitoring you due to their Islamophobic hatred.

robertr708
1/9/19

The ridiculous censorship and removal of any comment that does not pass the liberal smell test is excessive to the point of making the site pointless. Certainly crazy or abusive comments need to be removed but issues such as whether racial equality is real or a myth or other controversial subjects like alleged police brutality or whether some women lie about rape cannot be discussed.

iroquoisp
1/5/19

This site is full of people posting offensive and racist joke questions and answers. It's a place where people come to spout their political agendas and there also seems to be a big obsession with eugenics among the users on this site who all seem to be anti-social narcissistic psychopaths. This site needs to be shut down for good and Google needs to stop putting their answers in my search feed.

samf106
12/31/18

In five months I posted 700 hundred questions on varying topics. For each question I would be reimbursed if there were sufficient views. As time went on I noted many questions had thousands of views and hundreds of impressions. Yet Quora claimed I made no revenue for that question. Money made in 5 months, zilch. Quora refers you to example questions which made sufficient revenue over a one year period. Problem the Partner Program started 6 months after these questions were posted, yet the revenue reflected on each post is for an entire year. In other words they lied. The Partner Program is a scam intending to provide incentive to ask questions. As an idiot I believed them. Do not believe whatever they state about money it is all a crock of $#*!.

kajsab
12/31/18

Got an invite I didn't want. Do keep us separate from English speaking peoples won't you. Once exceeded the limit of answers you can give in a day. Was on there pretty much 24 hours one day. Not sure if my answers still exist. Made me make a new account? Not anyone famous using it.

deborahc281
12/30/18

Totally dominated by the Israeli lobby and apologists with absurd responses to set-up questions and a complete whitewashing of Israeli brutality and demonizing of anything Palestinian - a propaganda machine.

lisah695
12/29/18

I was banned for asking support a question. I wanted to know if it was possible to change my name, because I've picked up a stalker. I'm a "Top Writer" and I didn't know if changing my name would affect that, or if it was even possible. Instead of answering my question they sent a cut and paste threat telling me that because I wasn't using my real name I would need to verify my identity before proceeding. Then they locked me out of my account. Note: I didn't change my name. Note: I'm actually using my real name. Note: all I did was ask a question. None of that matters, and now they won't respond at all.

I used to think Quora was amazing. But the real test of any organization is how they deal with a problem. Avoid this place like the plague.

chrish856
12/20/18

Having to sign in to get informed responses always seems anti-freedom. I want a library filled with books and latest news - online - for free. Quora is against that openness.

jans277
12/12/18

Don't waste you're time. A ton of weird Donald Trump junk questions. They pull off any discussion from the right - just a junk site

davidn378
12/11/18

No Neutrality, seems to prefer to censor answer to questions that are not center-left and prefers to give voice to leftist, pro radical extremists.

roccom35
12/9/18

In a nutshell: A very radical hard leftist bent on this site. No actual neutrality.
Only ever went there to laugh at their seriously insane Marxtard bull$#*!.

emilj8
11/28/18

I can't even log off and I decided to never go on it and it's also full of too much smartasses to be honest

fkuf
11/24/18

Too many answers are so pro Zionist uber Israel and against Palestine and Muslim culture as to make it uninformative and worthless. Seems to be a dearth of real academics in yr employee roster. Logging off. Permanently. #BDS

susans879
11/20/18

IF they were NOT libtards they would NOT post such hateful slanted questions and then promote them by emailing them out to everyone who shows interest in the political category. Oh but look, Quora company is based in Mountan View, Ca., no wonder, that is the same town as GOOGLE Corp offices....do you see the dots connecting here. Just like GAIA, owned and operated by the evils of the people....

xisav
11/9/18

The more I browse through the site the dumber I got. It's one of that new cancer on google search result. For some reason google keeps on pushing this site on search result. Go figure. Lots of idiots with highly opinionated pov who thinks they're geniuses just because other idiots on the site pump upvote into their answers. Very biased moderators, they pick and choose who to ban. Last straw for me was when I read an answer from a popular user (read: good for nothin chap irl) actually justify the site as another social media site with 'most users' (on quote) on the site prefer to spend their time reading other people's phony life stories instead of good information. Well that's when you know a site that claimed to be a source of good information is going downhill.

robv40
11/6/18

Poor & inappropriate suggestions & answers. Too many adverts. Unqualified writers poor in English & grammar. Looks like a knowledgeable site but is only a Facebook style social media site that makes unsuspecting readers think it is providing qualified information - & it does not!! Also near impossible to unsubscribe.

isaacl31
11/4/18

Quora and it's forced login screen can suck my $#*!ing $#*!, I hope you and your children all die of bubonic plague and your dog survives by eating your shriveled up plague $#*! you $#*!ing soulless pieces of useless monkey $#*!, kill yourself, you deserve it you $#*!ing cocksucker.

andersa9
11/4/18

I use the site every day to spread my hatred for Jehovahs witnesses. I also attack users by reporting their posts, until the Quora bots ban the user. so if you dislike someone, Like I do the Jehovahs witnesses, its a great place to get away with it.
If you have peers that can assist you in reporting a user you dont like, on outside sites like Facebook, you can really attack someone faster...and out they go...

Ive attacked many people, and look forward to spewing hate further. the site is Pro LGBT to the max, so they wont ever do anything if I keep attacking religious people.

leroyj18
11/4/18

I discovered Quora a couple of years back and it seemed quite novel at the time, filled with interesting tech related answers from various experts in their fields. Later some well known celebrities joined in and it was still fascinating to see what people from NASA had to say or some political people. But now its filled with various self-help and motivational speeches with thousands of likes from seemingly random people which aren't exactly helpful to my interests.

teressas4
11/3/18

WHATEVER YOU DO, READ THIS UNTIL THE END. Don't go on this site. You'll get addicted for a while, but somehow, you'll wake up. One day. I got banned in an attempt to jokingly change my name to Shrigis. When I tried to take the flag off of my account, the people we rude, and asked to see my personal ID. When I didn't send it, saying that was not necessary, they messaged me saying that I'd defied their rules many times. One time I got into a fight with a guy who was calling gays "freaks." I got reported for BNBR. That was the only time. Anyway, I had another account with a different email set up to it. And I had a different name and everything. But one day, that account got banned, too, saying "multiple accounts are not allowed on Quora." Let me explain. They didn't know they were the same person from seeing the accounts, obviously, and the email addresses are nothing alike. One is a name and one is a number with a word, and they're also for different emails (one is outlook one is gmail). But they knew anyway. Wanna know how? They hacked. Both accounts. There's no other way. Unless YOU know another way? But since the accounts shared no personal information, and my outlook and gmail accounts are not connected, they hacked. They saw my freaking emails, and saw that I got similar people and sites messaging me, so they knew I was the same person. SO, ALL IN ALL, IF YOU SAY SOMETHING TO MILDLY PISS OFF QUORA, THEY WILL HACK YOUR EMAIL. STAY AWAY.

chrisk71
11/3/18

Many people claim of the liberal bias within quora. Well I can tell you, coming from a progressive Democrat as myself, I actually agree. That may come as a shock but I found that quora seems to be a popularity contest. It seems to be the Super cocky Elite tend to "win" in terms of which answers are placed at the top. Of course quora corporate will say that they have an algorithm that is fair but all it takes is about a month on the site to realize that there is a unfair bias. Quora uses favoritism and actually has a system that gives more Merit to certain people that give up votes than others. Imagine voting in an election and your vote carries more weight. Not cool right? Well, take the answers on quora with a grain of salt. From my experience, I found that the answers with maybe four or five up votes are the most reasonable Solutions the most people's queries. The ones with 2.3 thousand votes, you might want to avoid them.

debbier194
10/27/18

The not being nice policy only goes one direction and it is only what agrees with the moderators. I will never be on this site again. Hypocrisy at its finest :(

ganad
10/18/18

You have to answer on 100 questions before they let you in! Also, you have to log in and give them your personal information. It is just not worth it...

beae2
10/17/18

After years of quality input on quora (I call it quality because I've had tens of thousands of views and thousands of 'likes') I received an email saying my account was blocked because I used a shortened version of my name that just happens to be a proper name in itself, which is considered against their policy. For instance, if your name is Peter, you can't give Pete as your name. I explained that I've spent 8 years being followed around the internet and in real life by a stalker who has all but taken my life away. I received an email today from them that they're 'unable to' help. Either they aren't interested or their web team have no control over the site - I know which one I'm guessing at. They also told me they refuse to unblock my account unless I update my profile with my full name. I can only assume their name policy is more important than ensuring the safety of their members. Surely quality content is more important than what people call themselves? I'm wondering, if I was born male and changed my sex, would they still insist on calling me male? In the UK that would be classed as a 'hate crime' and can mean you're looking at a prison sentence.

It's also well worth remembering that if you don't always hold popular views and refuse to attack the people they disagree with, you might as well not waste your time on quora, personal attacks and vexatious reporting are very much a thing - but that's acceptable, just so long as you use your real name.

41 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Yes, the questions about penis size and virginity seems to sponsor endless discussion!

By Michael G.

Because Quora is run by an amateur who may aspire to be Zuckeberg, yet is nowhere near as savvy.

By Sarah H.

I honestly feel and highly suspect from certain traits that Quora pays Google to be high on the rank and they get *buddy buddy* with the government. Quora is essentially too big to fail. We no longer have capitalism but now live under governmentism which Trump pledges to end but can he? Does he really mean what he says? That is the million $ question.

By Kyle H.

No financial gain for Quora users as referenced to the Partners Program. Quora will drop you quickly if you challenge them on any moderation they made to your questions or answers. Too many rules too few incentives to write.

By Sam F.

Because Google put Quora answers at the top of their search results when people search for a question they see the answer from Quora. Which is stupid because most answers on Quora aren't even correct lol. Idk why Google wants to promote that site, if they own it or they want to buy it and incorporate it into Google at some point. I think the site is awful and it should be shut down because it's just a propaganda site. You do not see Quora from any other search engine for example duckduckgo. But you see it in Google.

By Aare t.

I used my full legal name when I had an account on Quora and was harassed several time by the supposed moderators and had my account frozen more than once by a certain moderators as he accused me of using an Alias. I'm not one for censorship or some federal agency banning a blog or social site however quora really needs to be looked at for allowing essentially children being given moderator status. Nothing about this site allows free speech, and having a different opinion that the always liberal trending puppet show will absolutely get you attacked by other users and site moderators.

By Jw C.

as well as to discuss their sexual proclivities in anonymity.

By Michael G.

Questions? Get answers from the Quora staff and other customers.

5 Photos for Quora