Review of Quora

Tel: +1 916-445-1254
privacy@quora.com

jonr123
8/14/18

If you publish something on Quora don't expect to get credit for it. If someone wants to make a copy of your work, they can but they cannot copy your name or any other info about you.

gorankoi
8/6/18

Quora has blogging feature. It allows to create blogs. Quorans give good answers. I am satisfied and I enjoy using Quora.

joec409
7/22/18

When countering Zionist propaganda with common sense and facts, I was not only attacked with several replies calling me names I was then booted off the forum. This, of course, is not unique to Quora but is a phenomena seen across several social media websites.

marrys12
7/17/18

Leftist censorship moderators make hell out of this website. You can search the internet to see how many normal questions have been deleted even though it was not hate speech. Zero trust. Controlling amd abusive

johnnyb106
7/14/18

The website promised a lot of things upfront, but quickly falls short the moment you are expecting those things. I didn't realize it at first, but the more I used the website the more it is obvious that the contents there are very very biased towards certain ideology and political narrative. Many other users have mentioned this as well, and the fact that they're not doing anything about this for so long now, proved how deliberate the whole thing is.

The site might have been good in the past, but as any other user forums I've participated, the moment you flood them with mass, mainstream users with practically no filtering, quality of content is going down the drain very quick for sure. Even 4chan, infamous for questionable contents by default, experienced this as well.

When it comes to userbase, I can safely say quite a lot of the users there think the site is Facebook, but refuse to acknowledge it so they don't have to burst their own bubble. My experience have told me over and over again that in its current state, the site is just another social media. It is all about popularity, numbers and pissing contest, no matter how some users outright denied this. They will tell you Quora is about SHARING KNOWLEDGE, not about views, upvotes or popularity. While that sounds fair, the behaviors of these users will show to you that this is not the case at all. It's all about the numbers. I bet you my money if it is not because of the numbers, most of the people here will find their way out of the site, the way it is for many bloggers who might find it difficult to maintain their blogs when there is not a single response at all to their content.

Don't get me started on the content. A lot of users will deliberately misrepresent certain things which in reality, are totally opposite of what they're saying, sometimes it's so sickening. Even the worst thing like incest or pedophilia, could somehow find its way to be justified by some users on the site, and mind you these users aren't just regular ones, they are the ones with thousands of followers which means they can reach large audience spreading nonsense like these. This makes it even worse since other users will perpetuate those things and make it seem as if it's true while it's not which told me how much of a sheep most users on the site truly is.

At the end of the day, I have to say that while there are SOME good contents on the site, as for most scenarios where you want to find useful, accurate and unbiased information about anything important, I highly caution you to avoid the site, or if you insist, read anything on the site with a JAR of salt. I've been using the site a lot in the past and decided to leave, since I'm tired of seeing how dishonest some of the users there in misrepresenting some factual information which you could find anywhere else without all the embroidery of political correctness.

am241
7/13/18

I agree with another user; Quora has a definite politically correct vibe. Last straw was when the daily digests they sent me had a rainbow 'Q' icon. So much for impartiality to all viewpoints.

borisz5
7/9/18

Quora perfectly represents the overly-sanitized and politicaly correct times we live in. Get ready to read some of the most patronizing, condescendant answers you have ever read, written by extremely pretentious hypocrits who obviously never put what they write on this moralizing bull$#*! website in practice in real life.
The answers are extremely unrealistic, hypocritical and written by pretentious mormons who love to hear themselves talk. The weirdest thing with quora is that all the answers share the same characteristics : written by ultra moraly advanced people that see the good in every situation and who don't suffer the negative traits of regular people like frustration, anger, annoyance...problem is you NEVER run into people like that in real life. Outside of the internet, these moraly-perfect gems of people simply do not exist. And dont even try to say anything negative of emit criticism on quora : your content WILL be censored. Quora is overly, almost worryingly optimistic about everything in life, and it just comes off as really fake and uncinsere. And I'm tired of seeing this $#*!ing website pop up every time I ask google something. Quora is a megaphone for hordes of boring politically correct, overly enthusiastic and dead inside people, which really don't represent reality at all. And once again the condecendence....OOOOOOOoooh the condescendence. This website should be closed down. Quora I think is trying to normalize people and turn them into a boring mass of jello that says yes to everything and never criticizes anything. You know, mindless idiots who never put anything into question and blindly follow orders, just like our politicians would like us to be. So really I'm starting to think quora is a political tool to turn the masses into docile, servile sponges to whom you can do anything you like without risking consequences.

erikk14
7/5/18

The moderation system is flawed. Many people's answers get "collapsed" (semi-hidden) for allegedly violating rules such as Be Nice Be Respectful, when such rules clearly weren't intended to prevent their kind of answers. To see many specific examples, simply search on Quora itself for something like "Quora moderation".

I'm not sure whether Quora is too willing to collapse answers that other users complain about, or whether human moderators are biased and prefer to reject answers they disagree with, or both.

For questions that nobody will get upset about, Quora's users sometimes produce very good answers. To some extent, the Quora system probably helps to encourage that quality.

ahmadt10
7/4/18

You can find some useful answers that may really help you. On the other hand there are many affiliater advertiser people around on Quora and they are promoting their paid service on the community. Because it is about earning a thousand dollars getting traffic! Quora, please be more transparent!

tl115
7/2/18

I believe Quora censored me because I asked a polite but controversial question of American Football. I asked why was real Football's name was usurped by American football which in reality is handball. Real Football or a form there off dates back to 5000-600 BC. So technically God could have played a variation of the sport. Fake football aka American football was invented in the 1920's. I guess Quora did not like my question. I had been posting with the same name for at least a few months. Then immediately after I ask the question they sensor me due to "unverified name" What B.S. In my Opinion for legal purposes. I deleted the App from my Phone.

muhammadq2
6/28/18

If you want to see some very biased $#*!, it's this site. Too much indians for my liking, they throw garbage questions on an astonishing pace.

dominiqueg26
6/26/18

went on for professional legal advice- all I got was a bunch of cry baby patronizing male chauvinists who did not comprehend the difference between "I am .. and I have not for 18 years"- hypocritical ass wipes who like to control women because (gasp!) they may have made some mistakes in the Past- well this is now, not then- Bunch of weak men!

nityas4
6/22/18

I had a worst experience with quora
What a pathetic system they had.
No freedom to write. So much restrictions.
They merge your answers as well questions with others answers and questions.
Collapse your questions, if they don't like it.
You get so many random requests to answer some useless questions.
I mean useless that makes no sense.
People are so rude here, like they force you check their answers, upvote them or even follow them.
Actually quora want you to do what ever they want but you can't do what ever you want to do.
quora is a cage or a prison.
Omg, I wasted so many days here.
Honestly replying to questions asked or requested to me. Until and unless you get stressed out and check notifications, answer requests or your email inbox full of nonscence questions all the time. You had to answer all, if you don't want to they will show their real face.
I hate quora.com

johne401
6/20/18

Can't always answer questions anonymously even though I wanted to. People there think they know everything when they don't. All give bias answers and show hatred on different matters. They always think their own opinions are always right and true. Those people think the world revolves around them when it doesn't and consider themselves perfect when their not. Wish this website didn't exist honestly.

kennethl115
6/18/18

First off. Some questions here and there have great responses. But way to many debates are with no real reason flagged or dropped. Some things cannot be discussed at all, like Islam or Women equality etc. Political correctness seems to undermine everything. If you are polite but have a opinion that goes against left sided mindsett, you get flagged or banned.
So to those that think that you get great answers on this site. You may not get the actual truth. Think about that!

mattd164
6/16/18

Far left propaganda masquerading as impartiality. If you don't like being told exactly how you should be thinking by biased ideologues pushing their political dogma, avoid it.

anonymousu40
6/14/18

The website is a big scam. It is not at all for knowledge sharing. They create fake popular Quorans by cteating robot accounts just ment to follow and upvote. They sell you a dream of fame. Trolls are actually backed up by moderators to do their unofficial job. The moment you crack and abuse a troll, the mods will through their useless policy at your face and ban you. Its a big scam just to sell ads and earn profits. Please stay away from it at all costs.

jamesd699
6/14/18

Yeah it's just a little bit frustrating to find that most everything that we try to discuss openly it can't be done due to the fact that 2 left wing ideology. The fact that they're wrong 90% of the time you would think that they would want to get an opinion from the other side but they prefer just to listen to an echo chamber. It's very annoying when you get referred to quora when you ask Google a question. In no way should they ever be referenced to or referred to as fact.

lorig127
6/11/18

I initially joined Quora because I was told it was a more professional site where members could engage in actual discourse and critique. However, that is as far from the truth as one can get. The censorship goes beyond what is reasonable. Any disgruntled member or troll can flag your answer for simply not liking it. You can forget using critical thinking skills on this site because any perceived slight will result in the writer being censured for not adhering to the "be nice" policy. But, troll questions are allowed to permeate the site. And, you may run the risk of having a member stalk your social media and contact your employer to complain, as I had happen to me. All because they disagreed with me. Thankfully, my employer knew this individual was a liar and an idiot.

I have had to appeal in the past, but this latest experience has sent me over the edge. With over 500 upvotes and counting, they decide to collapse my answer because I did not adhere to the over generalized "be nice and respectful policy." Really? I did not use foul language, but I did speak my mind on a racist question that was posted by none other than "anonymous." How does anyone justify being nice and respectful to a racist question? I have had many responses with high upvotes and views. I try to be as cordial as possible, but this is ridiculous. They asked me to edit my text, which I will not do. But, I have no clue as what they even find offensive! As far as I'm concerned this is nothing but a glorified version of Facebook. There is nothing professional about this site and the trolls are allowed to run amok and post the most horrible questions.

williaml374
5/28/18

Unless you are so left winged that you move in circles, Quora is nothing more than a propaganda and hate donald trump site. Don't waste your time unless you are considering a career in Snowflakeology.

chesterv4
5/26/18

I don't know how they got my info, must have been some site I visited, but all of a sudden I'm getting emails and spam from Quora. I decided to see what the hell this was, so I got on Quora and saw you can ask questions on there. So I did.

Now I'm getting emails from the admin of Quora telling me that I've been BANNED because of my "name" on my account???!!!!!

I DIDN'T EVEN SIGN UP FOR THEIR GODDAMNED ACCOUNT!!!! I WAS HIJACKED!!!

THEY took MY information without my permission and created an "account" for me!
THEY took it upon themselves to STEAL my information and hook me up to THEIR website!!!!

***I*** NEVER signed up for their stupid site!!!!

And now they are banning me????

F**K YOU QUORA!!!!

SCAMMERS! FRAUDS!!!!

denisep134
5/21/18

If I could give half a star to Quora, I would.
After 15 months on Q, I earned 12 Top Topic badges ( even its founder only holds 2), 1,600 answers, 1.1k followers, having my answers in over 650 digests and 2.1 million views. But being popular on Quora makes you a target for its ridiculous, over policed policies. And because the site is grossly understaffed, Quora actually doesnt question trolls who may turn you in for imagined slights. My account password WAS HACKED BY A STALKER ON QUORA; I SENT IN 50 requests to get the back door closed on my account. QUORA MODS FINALLY RESPONDED BUT AFTER GIVING ME THREE PASSWORDS THAT FAILED, they thought I got in but I didnt. SOMEONE DID BUT NOT ME. They never fixed it. The virus spread into my email account. Further, if you become vocal on Quora, they surpress your views and upvotes. It is as if you are writing in a void. QUORA IS QUITE HACKABLE, Google how the CEO of Google had his account hacked on Quora. Adam dAngelo founded Quora hoping to start the library of Alexandria, it is more akin to Larry Flints bookstore. YOU NEED STAFF TO POLICE A SITE OVERWROUGHT WITH SOCK PUPPET ACCOUNTS AND TROLLS.
GO GENTLY INTO THAT GOOD NIGHT KNOWN AS QUORA, its days of high intellect are long gone.
I actually had to pay a hacker to get me a password so I could delete my account. That is scary....

stephenu10
5/17/18

This site blocked me for asking someone. Am I a faggot? What do they not want me to be mean to myself?

julieg213
5/6/18

I hate Quora and I can't tell you how much in words how awful it is. But they are completely biased if you don't agree with them and if you have a different view then you will get laughed at and they attack you. They force you to change because they don't accept you and they don't like what you say. There is something wrong with the people running the site and the people who comment on my posts are ridiculous. Half of them don't even read what you wrote and just tell you a bunch of nonsense that is irrelevant to what you are talking about because they believe what someone else said to you, even though they don't know the situation. One last thing I forgot to mention is that the people think they know everything and they tell you your WRONG all the time. There is no freedom of speech and no sense of respect for someone else's point of views. This site should be shut down!

robertf341
5/3/18

I love the concept of Quora, but am confused exactly why the posts I write never have hardly any views. For instance, I couldn't help expressing my opinion for the question, "Do you share your wife?". There were not that many answers. Several weeks after I had written it, I went back to see just how many people had read it. The 'yes' answers had thousands of views, buy my short answer that started with 'hell no!' had ONE view. How is that possible? Did none of the thousands of people that scrolled down that short list of answers somehow always stop scrolling immediately before my answer appeared? My assumption is that Quora's algorithm or moderators must have something to do with the reason the vast majority of visible answers are usually from a left-wing viewpoint and commonly mis-characterizing the people who might disagree with them. It would make you think that there are no people with traditional viewpoints who can read or write. I can't help but suspect that not all answers have the same chance to be viewed by the Quora community

41 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Yes, the questions about penis size and virginity seems to sponsor endless discussion!

By Michael G.

Because Quora is run by an amateur who may aspire to be Zuckeberg, yet is nowhere near as savvy.

By Sarah H.

I honestly feel and highly suspect from certain traits that Quora pays Google to be high on the rank and they get *buddy buddy* with the government. Quora is essentially too big to fail. We no longer have capitalism but now live under governmentism which Trump pledges to end but can he? Does he really mean what he says? That is the million $ question.

By Kyle H.

Agreed. Strange but true. The only place that requires full name when you already have an account where the username to use. Why? Just more of the old information collecting processes. Blatant disregard.

By Leo A.

No financial gain for Quora users as referenced to the Partners Program. Quora will drop you quickly if you challenge them on any moderation they made to your questions or answers. Too many rules too few incentives to write.

By Sam F.

Resilience is when you can read Quora answers for about half an hour without puking. Joke's on you mate.

By Isaac K.

Because Google put Quora answers at the top of their search results when people search for a question they see the answer from Quora. Which is stupid because most answers on Quora aren't even correct lol. Idk why Google wants to promote that site, if they own it or they want to buy it and incorporate it into Google at some point. I think the site is awful and it should be shut down because it's just a propaganda site. You do not see Quora from any other search engine for example duckduckgo. But you see it in Google.

By Aare t.

as well as to discuss their sexual proclivities in anonymity.

By Michael G.

Questions? Get answers from the Quora staff and other customers.

5 Photos for Quora