Review of Quora

Tel: +1 916-445-1254
privacy@quora.com

kevinvanloonv
4/3/18

just srs i just wanna read stuff and i dont want a inbox full of mails and i dont want you to have my data

michaelf283
4/2/18

Once you say anything even slightly negative about feminist ideology or Islam or anything of the sort their mods will find a post from weeks or months ago that was never reported and ban you for it, pretending it breaks the rules.

tomh289
3/28/18

You can't express an opinion found "offensive" by anyone who is easily offended. I had some opinions that I put in a question that I asked about gender. As soon as I said something the moderators didn't agree with, I was attacked, they tried to make me feel stupid, and when I stood firm on my opinion, they deleted the question. Honestly, why have a website where people are supposed to share insight, when if your insight isn't what is wanted to be heard, it's deemed invalid and thrown away? Very biased and terribly moderated.

tonym254
3/27/18

I always posted balanced views - particularly on Israel, which always attracts the most extreme on either side. I found a few inexplicably blocked for "violating their code... causing offence etc" which was demonstrably ridiculous. As there seem to be people on the site who devote much time to purely propagate one side of the Israel/Palestine debate, I assumed someone routinely reports these and they are not checked unless appealed. One answer I appealed years ago was revoked for that reason. The last few times however, all I get in response to my appeal, are cut-n-paste replies that make no attempt to address the appeal - even my appeal against their cut-n-paste reply to my email. Don't know if they just use bots, but this means that the whole premise of attempted objectivity is bogus. If they routinely censor answers for no reason and have no real means for appeal, they're just another unfiltered tool for propagandists.

rogierl
3/26/18

I'm a member of quora for 1 year and I'm really tired of it! Can't I say anything "unpolite"? are you kiddin' me? I don't like quora's policy and I'm leaving it!

taray12
3/25/18

No clear explanation about the spamming policy, very biased judgment too. This has been an issue since 2014 (or perhaps years before) and here we are in 2018 without even slightly improvement, someone even said that it getting worse.
My the one and only "answer" too got judged as a spam when my answer doesn't even have any political thing nor promotion (it was not about politic/sjw afterall), just a simple answer with simple link of my source of thinking and now that my answer is gone, I don't have a chance to contact them and ask for clarification at all. The warning I got only explained basic things why it could be considered "spam" including "repetitive/mutiple" promotion to certain link whereas I only wrote an answer only "once."
There is no screening for "question", any question (including trolling & hate-speech) is fine, but regarding the "answer", comes "be nice, be respectful" rule. Question is even more vital than answer, u know. My answer that got warned and deleted was about stabbing people, this could be understandable since it was involved in "how to hurt someone", but what can I help if the question itself asking "When stabbing the chest, should the blade be turned horizontal or vertical?", so the question itself is about hurting people!!
Not to mention that now I can't even upvote anyone, only downvote is the option I have.

susanv68
2/28/18

I made one comment in response to a woman who writes extreme left/leberal comments and was deleted. Wish I could give it negative stars, so if you don't agree, your out, what does that sound like ?

dank151
2/26/18

I had been on Quora since Trump won election. Lots of views and upvotes. My questions or answers never been "collapsed" before ever. Exception - spelling mistakes which I gladly correct (English is my 4th language I have learned).
Last week , while answering somebodies question "why so many hateful comments from Russians", I replied comparing Kremlin trolls to lice in human hair and how to get rid of it. Secondly, I warned Quora if they don't clean up the site, they may end up before senate committee like Facebook and Tweeter.
Those two factors were possible reason for collapsing my answer and warning me of suspending. I was fuming. After couple days I just cancel account all together.
There is chinese proverb: "Man stops being smart minute replies to stupid question"
My conclusion is either moderators are very low IQ (if any) or it really infested with Kremlin stooges.

paulg131
2/24/18

I spent quite sometime building up answers on this site and had 1 or 2 questions cancelled, which, after appeal were reinstated so I assume there was no real issue. Then out of the blue I was banned, no explanation, no appeal, nothing. In a way Im glad as its 80% full of idiots asking questions like if I had 20 one dollar bills how many 5 dollar bills could I change it to? And Im serious! Its a complete waste of internet space.

scotth183
2/22/18

The QUORA website is mostly just for entertaining myself, and to see if it's posible to not be surprised by the latest, greatest, anti-Trump rhetoric. And my basic response is ... "been there, done that." The vast majority of opinions there are of course extremely liberal. I've spent countless hours there because I have time on my hands due to a disability. I've even received lots of positive responses from people who share my point of viiew. But as soon as you point out the hopocricy of any Leftist rhetoric, you immediately get branded a TROLL. And now I've been been blocked there from both responding to and asking questions. Not hard to understand, since that company is based in California, as far as I know.

demtrekd
2/18/18

This site is clearly bias to their "point of view". Anything written against it is punished, even if backed up with historical evidence, such as verified documentation. I think they just want people to copy and paste Wiki on their site for the answer to be to their liking.

nohno
2/18/18

Quora started out interesting and borderline useful. Frequently short on academic type facts but quite a bit of still useful and interesting personal experience anecdotal responses. It has since sank into a pretentious elitist leftist echo chamber where any vitriol or venom from the left is heroic, and challenging with fact from anywhere but the Bay Area Newthink party line "violates the be nice be respectful policy". It has pretty much ceased to be either useful or interesting and may even be encouraging to leftist nutcases intent on dangerous things.

jamess680
1/25/18

I spent a year with Quora, had a total of 1 million questions and answer views, and 100s of followers. The be all and end all of Quora is the "Be Nice, Be Respectful" which is peer enforced by 'flagging' or reporting offensive answers. You can post absolutely tripe and offal on Quora posing as 'answers' and it will be allowed. Holocaust deniers, flat earth, keep women in their place, no women are not demeaned and abused, etc. abound, but don't you dare violate the Be Nice, Be Nice Respectful Policy and call them on opinions that continue to reinforce cultural stereotypes. It is like sorting through a layers of garbage or tons of ore, occasionally finding a diamond or a nuggets of gold. Quora describes itself as a "place for knowledge and better understand the world'. However when you post the question on Quora, 'What are the metrics that guide the selection of top writers? The absence of accurate information from those who do the selecting is deafening and is indicative of the quandary that Quora faces, does it want to be a repository of excellence with solid information, or a social site which prioritizes enabling people to meet and voice opinions without confrontation with no regard to accuracy?

jennaj18
1/23/18

this community is filled with pretentious white young adults. i left after a couple middle class white women got shook i called out a sexual harasser. the design is also atrocious

miker321
1/17/18

Quora blocked me on a supposed "Real Name" violation. My name is common but foreign - perhaps unfamiliar to Americans. They asked for a link to my linkedin profile, which I provided. They unblocked me that day. Two days later, they blocked me again, and demanded that I mail in some sort of "official government ID". I have been posting conservative libertarian (non-extreme) political content but I have posted some Answers supportive of Trump. There is no question that that is why I have been hassled so much by Quora moderators. The site should just admit what it is, a progressive echo chamber, and not pretend it is a repository of knowledge. Good luck if you want to use it, but be sure not to have wrongthink if you want to maintain an account in good standing.

laurenk60
1/16/18

My personal experience as a herbivore is that Quora favors carnism, ie. the mentality "I have to kill to survive" and is not a website that allows true discussion and debate. This is based on a potential discussion about whether a person who has been anorexic could eat vegan afterwards. My comment challenging those who said that was "dangerous" was flagged as a violation. Quora is a website for the masses; they will remove your comments if they don't agree with mass opinion. Where is the learning and knowledge in that? Don't waste your time. Don't let them steal your time.

chrisd277
12/22/17

At first I liked the site reading questions and opinions on science and finance, both interests of mine. However, after the election Quora became crammed with angry leftists who wanted every outlet at their disposal to complain and scream about the election. When I disagreed with one woman I was called a racist and white supremacist - nothing from Quora. For disagreeing with another leftist on the site - warned, though no harsh language or anything derogatory was written.

joshuas108
12/15/17

I like the format of Quora but their "Be nice and respectful" policy doesn't make any sense and seem to be determined by the whims of weirdos.

There was a question about what the world would be like in there was never any religion?, and I saw that all the other answers were saying that it would be some sort of utopia so I decided to give a differing take. I said we have had areas in the world where there was no religion in the Soviet Union, Mao's China, and so on together they killed over 100 million people and made life miserable for most killing more than Islam. People who subscribe to atheism as a belief system have sliding morals and they would make hell on earth.

Anyway they banned me for this answer and all I did was answer the question truthfully as I saw it. It made sense to me to extrapolate consistent behavior by Atheist in power to the rest of the world and humanity to answer the question. It isn't disrespectful it is just the facts as they stand but some moderator didn't like the view point perhaps. These people are thin skinned and can't handle facts or opinions they don't agree with.

pauln117
12/15/17

Built up a nice account and posted many useful answers. After a while I was asked to provide ID's to prove that my name is actually real. Did that and was blocked anyway. Waste of time!

mikeb448
12/11/17

If you answer anything honestly, the poor liberals all cry. Its either give answer in most bleeding heart liberal fag way possible, or suddenly its an avalanche of bored liberal housewives attacking. Its supposed to be a question and answer site, not a site for some basic $#*! to post a troll question, and then try to debate answeres. Delete it. NFG SO I had near a million views... big whoop. $#*! sites like this NEED PEOPLE TO PROVIDE CONTENT... if we leave, they tank.

lewiss36
12/9/17

QUORA ARE SAMML AND LAUGHABLE CREW AND JEALOUS FOMR EDUCATED GUYS THEY ARE FRISCO OBAMA QUEERS , BIYCOTT AND MOVE ONE TO TUMBLR FOR MORE FREEDOM OF SPEECH, THIS QUESTIONS AND ANSWER Y ARE NOT EDUCATOR FR THEIR DUMMIES MUSIM GIATER SUBSCRIBERS , THEY ARE MUSLSIMS GOATERS ANDBOATERE NO MANNERS RAW AS IF THEY GOT OF CHINESE JUNKK BOATS THEY ARE DIZZY CHINKS QUIT THEM

adamt80
11/30/17

The moderation team at Quora is the problem here. Quora as a whole isn't too bad. Yet, you get these troll question from either the Conservatives, or liberals, or any black or white position you can imagine, and Quora bans you for being snarky in return. It's a real problem, and in my opinion, the only real problem Quora has.

craigc90
11/25/17

Quora is laughable especially if you want an honest answer to a conservative question. If you disagree with ANYTHING liberal, especially having to do with Hussein Obama, you will get a message from the "be-nice-be-respectful team" telling you in no uncertain terms not to do that. If you persist with your conservative point of view, as I did, you will be blocked, as I was, and not permitted to say ANYTHING. Quora is a safe haven for liberal puke SNOWFLAKES and not much good for anything else!!

kumareshk
11/9/17

I asked about an incident that occurred at an earlier office where I worked involving a female colleague. Both parties had faulted (me and her). Management sided with her and I had to resign. The company is mentioned in the book "The Man who pushed America to War". i couldnt get over the incident at the injustice. I asked this question on Quora about what I should have done, though it happened 7 years back. I asked anonymously of course. To my horror, the question was displayed publicly in my account. It could not be deleted, but I changed the qn. I had to delete my Quora account.
LESSON: Quora is not a place where you can ask advice for sensitive personal problems. They reveal identities without discretion. Stay safe. Stay out of Quora.

larsk6
11/4/17

I joined Quora a few days ago and asked a few questions. The first two questions were met with interesting responses, some of which I agreed with and some which were the typical response of people who didn't really understand the question. Fair enough. The third question I asked was met with derision from some pompous a-hole who obviously thought he was a genius and above all other experts in his field, despite a vast amount of evidence all over the internet. Instead of trying to understand my question, he decided to $#*! on it for the way in which my question was asked (pardon my French). I responded that I thought it would have been better that he try to understand my question instead of being so obnoxious. Wham! Quora moderation blames me for challenging his blatant dismissal of my question.
Yeah, he has 58k followers... bla di bla. Does that allow him to be a jerk? I think not.
Bye bye Quora and your Quorans!!

42 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Yes, the questions about penis size and virginity seems to sponsor endless discussion!

By Michael G.

Because Quora is run by an amateur who may aspire to be Zuckeberg, yet is nowhere near as savvy.

By Sarah H.

I honestly feel and highly suspect from certain traits that Quora pays Google to be high on the rank and they get *buddy buddy* with the government. Quora is essentially too big to fail. We no longer have capitalism but now live under governmentism which Trump pledges to end but can he? Does he really mean what he says? That is the million $ question.

By Kyle H.

Agreed. Strange but true. The only place that requires full name when you already have an account where the username to use. Why? Just more of the old information collecting processes. Blatant disregard.

By Leo A.

No financial gain for Quora users as referenced to the Partners Program. Quora will drop you quickly if you challenge them on any moderation they made to your questions or answers. Too many rules too few incentives to write.

By Sam F.

No, it is obviously leftist but it does on occasion allow questions or replies for short periods of time that are obviously uncomfortable to the "politicaly correct" crowd in a useless attempt to appear unbiased.

By David N.

Resilience is when you can read Quora answers for about half an hour without puking. Joke's on you mate.

By Isaac K.

Because Google put Quora answers at the top of their search results when people search for a question they see the answer from Quora. Which is stupid because most answers on Quora aren't even correct lol. Idk why Google wants to promote that site, if they own it or they want to buy it and incorporate it into Google at some point. I think the site is awful and it should be shut down because it's just a propaganda site. You do not see Quora from any other search engine for example duckduckgo. But you see it in Google.

By Aare t.

as well as to discuss their sexual proclivities in anonymity.

By Michael G.

Questions? Get answers from the Quora staff and other customers.

8 Photos for Quora