Review of QLinkWireless

Tel: 1-855-754-6543
support@qlinkwireless.com

nataliah22
11/7/19
I didn't even want to give them1 star but I had to at least get on the board.I finally decided to apply for an obama phone. But there seemed to be a mistake. They sent me a Hillary phone.You know.........one that you just want to smack with a hammer!!!!!!! Screwed me out of $40.00 and the rest is history.........including the phone.

Tip for consumers: When they offer unlimited service this is at their discretion. Unlimited should mean "UNLIMITED" no matter how much you use. They're a scam and a fraud and should be shut down.

zacheryr9
11/6/19
I purchased a phone from qlink and they said it would take 5-7 days to receive my phone, 24 hours later they shut my phone off so I called them and the guy told me that they shut my phone off cause the other one is activated. I told him I didn't receive the phone yet and he told me that's policy, be patient and that my phone will be shut off and i will be without a phone for 5 to 7 days. So if I I have 5 to 7 days without a phone and I have an emergency what do I do? This is suppose to be a lifeline service and I purchase a phone and what do they do? They deactivated my phone until I receive my other one. Total inconvenience and this lifeline service needs shut down that's wrong to have a customer without a phone for a week because he bought one off of them. And the phones they give you don't even function right. As I've been through three off them I can make that statement. This is suppose to be a lifeline service and you can't even understand anyone that works on the customer service line. They are all broken English and the phones lag when you try to call taking 2 minutes at times. I have videos of the way these phones work.
philiso
11/4/19
2/2. Current ZTE from qlink is junk as well as the previous qlink phone. Camera won't work, says storage full. Phone rings 2 times and call disappears. The answer button does not work. Internet does not work. Software is not flashlight compatible. This software is junk, and now 2 junk phones from qlink.
lonnied30
10/27/19
by far the worst thing ive done change from straight talk to this pos com. the phone they sent me was a pos. i have been trying to get a new one .cant talk to anyone. got a phone from ebay (a qlink phone) cant get it activated .been trying for 3 weeks .now i cant take my number back to ST for 60 days. run run .dont come to qlink
franks586
10/25/19
Sent me a broken phone. scam on government, do not apply. Never sent me a good phone that actually works. customer service said they would email me a address to send broken phone back and never got email.
jessicab859
10/23/19
I paid $40 to have Unlimited Data for the month. After 2 weeks I was unable to use data. I called customer service and He said I exceeded the limit and the $40 was non-refundable. He said "the system" turned it off and I have to buy more data. I asked to speak to a supervisor and He said one wasn't available. Called the next day and a woman told me that I exceeded "Unlimited Data" by using 'high speed internet'. I said that 'dial up' wasn't an option, this isn't 1997 and that excuse doesn't apply. They each just kept saying sorry over and over. I got screwed.
gonew2
10/21/19
I applied in June 2018 I recieved my phone 1 year later ! it was stolen tried to canel service they said I couldnt cancel it. I tried many times to cancel my qlink account to no avail. They are a joke and only want the money gov pays them for allowing users to use their name. Check your states other providers!!
traceeb3
10/18/19
I have been trying to get a free government phone with Qlink for a client. I have been trying to get one for over a month and i keep running into issues. They have a very unhelpful customer service robot that you have to navigate through a maze to find an actual person who you think would actually help. I have gotten to where Qlink has told me that I need to call the Lifeline National Verifier to get the issue fixed. So then I call the Lifeline National Verifier and they tell me that I need to call Qlink to fix the problem. No one has been able to help me fix whatever the problem is. This is the worst phone program and customer service I have ever worked with. I have never been able to get a phone from them and I felt like if I did, it would no longer be free because they want to suck up as much of your time and effort as they can before they will actually give you a phone (if they even will).
beckyc17
10/14/19
They sent a phone to a disabled family member without the guardian's permission. Being the guardian, I called them and told them we didn't want it, that they had solicited it from a handicapped individual. I told them I had two choices: trash it or return to sender. They tried to get me to send them legal paperwork, which of course I was not going to do. Their loss, not mine, if I trash it. After reading all these reviews, I have to say I agree: this is a scam! I will wait to see if any bills come our way, but in the meantime, I will send it back to them as "Return to Sender."
jamesa748
10/11/19
If you have been made eligable for a free Govt phone skip right over this company. I asked before I enrolled if I could bring my Motorola G5 plus with me, was told I could and now I can't. The phone they gave me was absolute garbage from day 1. It already had apps loaded on it and I could not even take a picture because memory was full from day 1. I have to erase any messages I get immediately becAUSE no room. Also I get some messages days later 6 at a time. You can't call and get NE1. I looked on google and it said just keep pressing 0. Well I did and just kept repeating how many minutes I had left. I wonder which one of the politicians friends is bilking government for this service. Not worth $1 a month. Do yourself a favor and pass
samanthar164
10/7/19
I Can't Even Log in and You Asking for Way too much information Online For a Damn Government Phone I Wouldn't Recommend Your Phones to Anyone.
taliab14
10/7/19
I bought an unlimited data bundle for $35 on September 27.. three days later it stopped working..I called qlink who told me all data bundles have Capps.. if that's true why is it called unlimited and where's the fine print.
Had to open a dispute with my credit card company.

Tip for consumers: Stay away from qlink

johnc2896
10/2/19
I'm on SIDI bad heart and two times I had to use my Qlink phone to call 911 and my phone $#*! wouldn't connect to 911 and my data.in one yr.I could only use data one month now this is a gov.program qlink let's see I called and called customer service there answer was send phone to the manufacturer. Under warranty now they say you get a new phone every yr.if yours f..KS up B.S.I tried to get there technical support to help and tried and tried tried everything then he wanted me to reset phone again Hell no not going though that again erase everthing His answer well you can buy another phone it's a yr old give me a new phone answer:you have to go though all the step of trying to fix phone or buy one. . man i hung up called my old lifeline service ASSURANCE got hooked up I should of very left ASSURANCE WIRELESS LIFELINE. QLINK YOU CAN KISS MY LEFT N__?
THEN MY A__ IF YOU HAVE A BAD HEART LIKE ME STAY AWAY ROM QLINK LIFE'S TO SHORT TO HAVE QLINK END __?
kurta44
9/18/19
Q-link wireless does not have customer support. When calling or emailing even with a very specific question, you are ALWAYS refered to to their service manual online. This is the case even the question asked and the reference manual section stated, do not answer the question at all.
This is not a one time instance. It is consistent to to that no one responds from q-link wireless, even when the question has not been answered by the reference manual and asked again. Just a fact and it's true
I can see the BBB and/or FCC investigating them in the future.
If this is a government lifeline program, it's I'm sure not what their contract States and the service is truly piss poor on all levels.
charlest255
9/16/19
This ZTE phones though Qlink ain't about nothing my advise if you applying for a government phone don 't go to QLink.
kevint399
9/15/19
So I've had my Q-Link phone for months, never received any calls but I also had my main phone where I was called so I don't know if this was happening before or not....
About 12 days ago I tried to swap my Straight Talk number to the free phone i qualify for with Q-Link Wireless (Government phone, enough said right lmao) to save $35 a month and went for like three days where i had no connection to straight talk (like none at all) they said my phone was no longer active (like it wasn't supposed to be) but i could still use it with my number as the number hadn't swapped over to the Q-Link phone and the Q-Link still had it's number.. so they both still had their own numbers. after almost a full 3 days it finally switched but I'm told something weird is going on when people try to call me, I couldn't receive calls...
Nobody at Q-Link can explain this, I need to follow steps to update the software on my phone.
A couple days in I still have the same problem and need to follow these steps again... nothing, "You'll need to call from a second phone so we can talk to you while we work on the phone"so the next business day I call from Kristeen's house phone, it happens to be Friday and oops Tech Support has already closed because I forgot to call until the last minute because my brain is broken and I don't remember things need to be done so I called at like 7:30/8 pm... I need to call Monday to speak to tech support...
Monday I call and ask to speak to tech support and the moron on the other end of the phone insists on putting me through the updating process two more times.... then finally puts me through to tech support because "unfortunately that didn't work" So I talk to tech support, they do their thing have me call a number and guess what, a whole fat lot of nothing has changed...
I get an app TextNow which gives you a number so you can talk n text as long as you have internet coverage (which I do, I can text and I can make calls and use my data but not receive calls?) and forward my number to the free WiFi calling number and now if you call me i can receive the calls

they still don't know why I can't receive calls 10 days out. so day 11 I try to swap my number back to a free straight talk phone I got with a time card but Q Link keeps saying I have the wrong pin and the wrong Password.... I wrote them down when I first made the Q-Link account months ago -_-
Now I am really pissed off and my inner beast is trying to come out (those who have truly seen or heard me in an actual rage know him; for the hell of it let's call that Kevin "Dale" lol) and I'm trying not to let "Dale" overtake the phone as I'm speaking to another moron from Straight Talk who can't understand what I'm telling them to do, try resubmitting the application with my phone number as the account number instead of the enrollment number as the account number and the pin still as the pin"... after the fifth failed time explaining it to them i tell them "that's it there's nothing more to be done tonight" I say good bye and thank you for trying to help and hang up, having succeeded in not letting "Dale" out on the agent over the phone...
I try resubmitting my application to get a new number this time and my pin won't go through because I already tried and failed to use it once before... so I just paid about $70 for time when it was supposed to be 35 because I'm just tired of the F#c#!n6 stupidity .... I know, I let them win but now i'm not in the stupid mess any more... the free phone still has my number and TextNow so i can receive the calls and now i have a new number on the phone I'm paying for....... the end of a really irritating story....
I didn't get what I want but I DO have a working number with no f#c#tardation attached... even though we all know StraightTalk is just as "special" but at least I can make and RECEIVE calls :D
donm335
9/12/19
I bought a new phone hoping to have a little more free memory, but NOPE. Qlink downloaded so much forced rubbish onto my phone that I can not even keep three of my own apps installed or upgrade existing google apps because of space issues. I didn't get this phone service to play those stupid games, deal with bloat and spam or have a slow device because Qlink crams it full of junk. I am old with health issue and needed an emergency mobile device. What I got was a marketing con job. You ass hats need to knock off this crap and just provide a phone service without the grief and misery of your never ending junk.
dianam321
9/11/19
I received the phone and it does work. Its really slow. They are cheating handicapped Senior Citizens. Don't purchase data from them, they have an app on the phone that Supposedly tracks how much data you use. But it never shows your balance. I purchased data of 1 GB three times and it ran out in 2 days - always. But I know I didn't use that much data. Or these people can't count. Anyway so I thought if I purchased the 5 GB package it has to last at least 10 days, or maybe the whole month. No it ran out in 2 days again. They are falsifying information and subtracting minutes and GBs when the phone is turned off.
rhyonea
9/2/19
Scammers! I recorded all of qlink customer care and I conversations I'm going to sue. I ordered a replacement phone on August 12th and still haven't received it . Customer Service gave me false information and I recorded all of our conversations so I can use it in court.
austine33
8/28/19
They took my money for a replacement phone and I never got they refused to refund. How is that not theft? What a bunch of jerks
jaquiem
8/26/19
I recently signed my granny up for QLink phone services and the enrollment and receipt of the phone went smoothly. However, upon checking up on delivery of a Sim Card Kit the other day we realized she was de-enrolled!!! How? Why? It was simply not possible, as nothing had changed, so I attempted to contact QLink. There, BEGINS the nightmare. (LONG, but worth the read).

I was sent to an endless loop of only four phone options - NONE of which was the choice of a LIVE AGENT. I must have phoned at least twelve times, chosen every option and every one sent me back to the same loop. I then logged in to send them a message from their website, but it kept taking me to a de-enrolled page. I was able to finally find a contact site and sent a message.

After doing so, I immediately contacted the PUC who gave me the number for Texas Lifeline and was lucky enough to speak to a really great guy. He told me that everything was in order on their end in regard to the program itself, but that he showed that she had TWO accounts with QLink. Apparently, a de-enrolled one because "the provider had neglected to send in a number (?) within a necessary time allotment", and one, which had been "enrolled" just TWO DAYS PRIOR (just two days from/before when he and I were speaking). Whaaat? He suggested we phone QLink and let them know what they showed. I explained that I had tried contacting them to no avail, but that I would try again. (I figured that QLink had just enrolled her again, so perhaps their system had not updated). I attempted to contact QLink by phone a few more times, but it appeared that the phone I was calling from was flagged as associated to her account, so again, I received no more than the four options and none to a live agent.

The next day, we received an email which said, "call us and a live agent will help, or click the button below, and a live agent will contact you within 48-72 hours." Figuring they had fixed the problem where I couldn't reach an agent before, I phoned in, and of course, it was the same garbage loop - no live agent. To add insult to injury, however, the 'Click Here, Someone Will Phone You Back' Button DID NOT WORK EITHER. IT sent me into an endless loop on their site, which still said she was de-enrolled.

Well, having worked for the CEOs of two major companies in the past, you kind of develop that pit-bull mentality they have - where you just can't let go of a bone ... and I was irked. I researched the owner of QLink, an "Issa Asad", his company, and located a number for the counsel he used for his Petition For Expansion of ETC Service Area into our state. Digging way deeper still, I was able to locate a number for him. Now, let me digress for a moment and say that I have contacted three or four heads of major companies before; heads of companies WAY bigger than QLink; and what is surprising to me, is that without fail, they have expressed genuine concern and gratitude for bringing up issues that they may not be aware of, to their attention. That was NOT the case with Asad. (I guess names really are telling).

The first time I phoned, the number rang and rang and rang at least a dozen times, to where I wondered what kind of line it was, then it clicked and switched to another kind of ringing, and then went into a voicemail system where he said he was busy and if immediate help was needed, to contact some of his associates (no numbers for them) or to send him a text at that number. I left a message in which I went into a little of what was happening and my inability to reach anyone from Customer Service. I think my voice gave away the stress of the past few days and I wasn't as even-tempered or cordial as I normally would be. Upon hanging up, I called right back again, at which point he answered, and was really rude, short and dismissive. He seemed upset that I had contacted him directly, and had not one ounce of understanding or empathy about or for what I had been dealing with for days because of some error on his company's part.

In a rushed and almost contemptuous tone, he told me to "call customer service", at which point I asked him what he thought I had been trying to do and that I was contacting him, because I did not have the ability to reach them. He then asked for my number which of course he should have had, but I gave it to him.

About 15-20 minutes later, I received a call which was obviously being recorded but for which there was no message saying it was being recorded, and a woman identified herself and asked what the issue was. She said her records showed that the lifeline program had de-enrolled my granny and that she did not have services through them. She too was rude beyond belief. I explained what I was being told by Texas Lifeline, and told her that quite honestly, 'common sense would dictate that they knew what they were talking about'. (Why would they say there were two accounts if there weren't)? She said: "Well, they don't have our records." I felt like asking how in the world the government agency that oversees the program, and who by law, they report to, 'could not have access to their records', but this was one of those silly people who don't even matter enough to argue with because they are just too dense and incapable of common sense, so you'd never get anywhere with them.

After we spoke, I called Texas Lifeline Services yet again, and reached a sweet young lady who told me, pretty much verbatim, what the gentleman I spoke to the other day had: that she showed TWO accounts with QLink - a de-enrolled one and an enrolled/active one which had been enrolled just a few days prior. She said she could de-enroll us, or that she could open an investigation. I chose to open an investigation, if only for the very simple fact that I will be happy to text Asad a copy of what is revealed at the conclusion, although I can tell you now - he won't care one way or another.

In closing out this review, I have to tell you that none of these companies really make any BIG money off of the 'government phone' program (they make it from added services), so customer service will always be lax at any of them. This one however, QLINK, seems to have an inborn, inherently dismissive and couldn't-care-less attitude that comes from the owner himself. Do yourself a favor, save yourself some massive headaches and frustration, and do not reward them with your business.

-----------------------------------
P.S. Some of the legal stipulations of Asad's deal with the U.S. Government in order to provide this type of service, includes:
Q LINK ETC Service Area Will Serve The Public Interest
Q LINK Will Comply With Applicable Service Requirements
Q LINK Will Satisfy Consumer Protection and Service Quality Standards; AND:
Q LINK is dedicated to quality customer service and care, specifically:
"Lifeline customers can reach Q LINK's Customer Service department via phone, mail, e-mail, fax, or online" . . . . . . which we have already established, is not the case.

If you have issues with them, open an investigation or request help from the Lifeline program in your state.
cynthiah72
8/18/19
and they sent me a phone. I tried messaging them to no avail to say, I don't want this phone, nor am I using it. I called to tell them so and said, "I HAVE NOT EVEN OPENED THE BOX. Please send me a return shipping label." They said to just keep the phone. And what an insufficient rep, I could barely understand his broken English. The call took well over half an hour, in addition to the protracted hold time. AND I keep getting emails about usage and texts I've never made. What a horrible company. I'm complaining to the BBB for starters, and anyone else who'll listen.
starlaw1
8/16/19
From day one I have had nothing but problems with the phone. Difficult to make a call, same receiving them. Battery won't hold charge, it gets very hot. It freezes up all the time. If I needed to make an important call concerning a life or death situation you can forget it. When I did call customer service and complained they said that the only thing I could do was buy another phone because they had no idea how to fix it. I will be calling the Better Business to report this matter.
geraldk73
8/12/19
I love the service here . Couple years ago I upfraded to their smartphone and they sent me the LG Tribute . The calls work well i love its feature But i cant install ANY apps as most wont go to sd card and the phone doesnt haveenough internal space . I cam here to inquire about reviews of their mid grade cost phone called Blade Force. Im thinking about Robbing Peter to pay Paul in order to get an upgraded phone that I can actualy download the software and links that Q link constantly sends me. I would love to be able to install Q link ware but my phone wont install anything . I see the upgraded phones have more space . Im hoping thst it also cann cast to the TV so i can watch the AT&T on demand conted thats only available on an app but cant install it So hoping to find more info on the Blade Force phone .
alfredg44
8/9/19
They told me it was easy to switch phones since the one they send you is so crappy. I ordered the phone.called Qlink they told me they need to send me a SIM card for the new phone. One day later I found out that my old crappy phone number is turned off. I call them, it took hours to get a person on he phone. Yes I would have to go 2 full weeks without a phone!!! Run from this company!

Call customer care at 611 OR call 1-888-801-6232. You will verify your birth year and then you will press 3. But the hold will be very long. They give you a callback option but it can take 48 hours, so just plug the charger in, put it on speaker and go do your own thing while you hold for hours. They will probably not resolve what you are calling in about and the agent might get rude and then it will be harder to get through next time but that's how you get a live rep. Good luck!

By secret s.

Q-Link is a scam operation. REPORT to the relevant state and federal authorities ASAP! Reps are scammers reading from their scripts. Useless and intend to be useless.

By Julia C.

Don't do it. It's not worth your time. Free is too much to pay for this piece of CRAP.

By Susan M.

Your service is probably inactive now. You'll have to reapply and then they'll probably make you jump through hoops to get qualified again and then have to deal with a nasty rep on the phone so you might be better just going somewhere else.

By secret s.

They make so many mistakes. They never fix them. Good luck.

By Suzi H.

There is no such thing as customer service from Q-Link! It's scam operation run out of Florida. REPORT this scam to every relevant state and federal agency! Should be run off of the federal government program as SCAMMERS!

By Julia C.

Apply to another provider! Q-Link is a complete scam! Even this site is run by Q-Link and now and again a rep or employee puts up a five star review to counteract the piles and piles of negative reviews! DO NOT DO BUSINESS HERE!

By Julia C.

Q Link applications work a little different for everybody, Analisa! If you log in to My Q Link and check your Order Status, you should be able to get a better idea what's going on with your account. https://qlinkwireless.com/members/login.aspx

By Robin H., QLinkWireless Representative

ZTE is the worst phone on the planet. I ended up tossing it in the trash

By Anna S.

U can get a better phone with Net10, minutes roll over, $15/mo

By Anna S.
Questions? Get answers from the QLinkWireless staff and other customers.

QLinkWireless?