Review of QLinkWireless

Tel: 1-855-754-6543
support@qlinkwireless.com

sherryg88
2/15/19

I give this company a 0. I lost the phone over a month ago called to cancel. I was told no I can not cancel I had to buy another phone. The phone is not being used and according to what they say to keep service active make a call once a month or text messages. Well seeing I no longer have the phone I don't. So they found a way to have the system make an outbound call with the phone number to keep the service active. I have sent several emails to cancel and Every phone I call from the system say the number is in the system. Then try to transfer you to renew tye service and not speak to an agent. Regret ever dealing with this company.

jacquelinev35
2/13/19

Incessant spam messages, constant occupation of space by junk BS, dropped calls
mid-conversation--This is a piece of crap. WORST CELL PHONE SERVICE POSSIBLE.

tashak9
1/26/19

I bought the phone from them, but they sent me one which is supposed to be for free. I paid 50 for different model. Hard to talk to customer service, they don't want to answer your questions at all.

zackyn
1/24/19

So I got this phone a few months ago, and I have very mixed feelings. The storage was crap putting apps on a SD card made them unusable. The space fills up very quickly and it makes the phone slow and overheated. The calling service is somewhat decent and clear, but putting to your cheek causes you to push different buttons. I've been all over the phone and there's no fixing it. The texting/messaging program is an app, which means if the storage is full, you can't send messages and have to clear the cache or clear data for everything, so Google, and the "programmed" browser don't work. The data? Forget it. I somehow blew through 1G in less than a week, with data saver on and I barely used it. Fast forward to 1-23-19 and oh a whim I checked my data and it said I only used 250mb, which sounded more reasonable. I thought maybe Qlink saw the mistake and fixed it, but I go to get on data, and it's telling me I have to log into the network and gave me an error code. Yeah, apparently it only happens when you try to use your data after it hit the max cap. I will hopefully be able to buy a new phone, even if it means I have to skimp on bills. I don't recommend this phone because even if it's a free service, the amount of crap you have to deal with isn't worth it. Find another company to use.

ALSO: They reuse numbers as I've never put this number for anything and I get spam calls and people looking for other people, once even got threatened because apparently someone who owned the number owed someone money, so don't apply for anything using your number.

Response from Robin H., QLinkWireless Representative
1GB FREE data is given to all Q Link customers. Make your free data last longer by using Wi-Fi wherever possible. Or, you can check out one of our new Talk & Data Bundles! Now priced lower than ever, you can get as much extra data and minutes as you need to get you through the month. https://bit.ly/2zvSVyTMy Qlink Members Area | Q Link Wirelesshttps://bit.ly
deec108
1/21/19

Application process was simple. Got the phone fast. Yeah it's not the best phone but it's FREE. If it's used for what it's meant to be used for (A LIFELINE) it works great. I had no issues setting up the phone and no issues with the phone. Service is amazing compared to what we used prior where we couldn't get a signal at home. Again, you get what you pay for it's a FREE PHONE with FREE SERVICE to be used as a LIFELINE.

Response from Robin H., QLinkWireless Representative
Thank you, Dee. Feedback from satisfied customers like you is why we do what we do.
carolr290
1/14/19

This company and the cellphones they sent you are a joke to modern technology. The moment you turn your phone on it tells you that you are running out of memory so the daily task of clearing the cache and stopping as many unwanted apps begins. You cannot remove the majority of these apps so you have to force them to stop running, something you will have to do ever day. And forget about customer service, with this company there is no such thing. The telephone they give out will never allow you to speak to a fellow human and try writing an email. You will get the response of "we received your email and will contact you within 3-5 business days. Good luck with that. I have never received an actual answer to my questions. All you get is a canned answer that does not answer your actual question. This has been nothing but a nightmare. When I upgraded to a better phone they cut off my service because the new phone was in the mail so I went about a week with no phone. Again this new and improved phone was useless so I bought an iPhone and again because they sent me a SIM card, they cut if my service so again I was left with no phone. Why they cannot wait until you actually have the new phone in hand is a mystery as I have done this before with other companies and they did wait for me to have a phone. Run, don't walk away from this company.

Response from Robin H., QLinkWireless Representative
I'm sorry about this, Carol. Please visit our Help Center at https://qlinkwireless.com/support/what-if-my-phone-doesnt-work-or-breaks/ and you can work through the possible solutions to what is going on with your phone. If you can't find a solution, please contact our Support Team at support@qlinkwireless.com.
johnw1515
1/11/19

I have always used flip tops because I'm a 55 year old Veteran and don't need or want a smartphone but do know how to use one. I got locked into a Q-link lifeline program for a year and they sent me a defective POS ZTE smartphone that was defective from day 1. They would never honor the warranty on the smartphone so I used that piece of junk maybe 4 times in one year because the phone never really worked and I live on the upper floor of a 2 story Apt. I don't care what the Government says, but Q-link is a total rip-off of Government funding and needs to be investigated. I know others that were happy with Q-link...but my phone was crap straight out of the box and they refused to do anything. Welcome to Amerika....Grrrrrrrrrr ;~/

Response from Robin H., QLinkWireless Representative
Hi John, we are very sorry to hear that the smartphone you received did not meet your expectations. We do invite ALL Q Link Wireless customers to bring your own phone if you wish, then you may enjoy your free monthly data and minutes on the phone you know and love! Learn more here: https://qlinkwireless.com/byop.aspx
erikab59
1/10/19

I applied on 12/12, and was told after calling my ebt card wasn't accepted, as our state doesn't put names on them. Medicaid card would be fine. Call a few days later, card not accepted because it didn't have an issue date. Email them my benefit letter. Call a week later, and they say now my w2 wasn't accepted, even though their website said it was. Brief hold.. Oh it is accepted. Waiting on approval of emailed document. Ok. Call a few days later, still waiting on approval of letter, but their system is down and she'll have to manually push it through. Call a few days later, they're still waiting on approval of letter. Call today.. Due to new federal regulations, we cannot issue you a phone at this time. Call this 800 number. So I call the number. They say they can't get a hold of Qlink, they've been having problems with them lately, and there are NO New federal regulations that would bar me from having a phone issued. Call them back. Ok... So... I call them back. She apologizes for the confusion, gets my information and says verbatim the same thing the other agent said about federal regulations. I ask to speak to a supervisor. Brief hold. She comes back, and says she's sorry but due to new federal regulations they are unable to issue me a phone. I asked her what the regulations are, and she just repeated herself. I said that they're so scripted I'm having a hard time having an actual conversion, and she again.. Sorry, but due to new federal regulations.. What is actually going on with them? Is this a scam?? Did I send all of my documentation to a fake company? I'm so upset and confused. I called another company that has lifeline service and was told to drive around and look for tests with their logo on them at different places ( including "parking lots"...) what is going on. They are like, here's a free phone! Jump through all these hoopd, now these, but on fire! Now these on fire with alligators and a moat! Ok. Oh.. Sorry.. Due to new federal regulations....

Response from Robin H., QLinkWireless Representative
Hi Erika, thanks for reaching out. We are very sorry for the confusion you experienced regarding your Lifeline application. As this is a Federal program, there are rules and regulations that we are REQUIRED to follow. These regulations are always subject to change. We do our best to keep customers and applicants informed, but apologize that we fell short of your expectations. We will reach out to you by direct message to see if there is anything we can do to assist you at this time.
mariev37
1/10/19

I paid the unlimited data plan 40 dollar plan for 30 days. Qlink decided to cut off my data within the first week . so i called to see what was going on they didn't even give me a real reason why the cut it off. They said the just decided to cut it off because they can. And said i was abusing my data . how isnt that i am abusing my data if its suppose to be unlimited data. But because i decided to use my data that i paid for qlink cut my data off. This fake advertising
Because of they decided to cut my data just because i reached alot of data usage which is supposed to be unlimited. This fake advertising if they can just cut it off because i am using what i paid for. Thats just messed up. They didn't want to give me a refund or anything because all sales are final but yet they didn't hold up on their end

nophoneo
1/2/19

In my opinion Q LinkWireless should not be the middle man for a free government Smart Phone! What good is this company if customers are unable to communicate with them? COMPLAIN WIDELY & LOUDLY ABOUT YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH THIS COMPANY!

Response from Robin H., QLinkWireless Representative
We are very sorry for the difficulties you experienced in reaching our Customer Service team. I will reach out to you by private message to see what I can do to assist you at this time.
secrets6
12/27/18

I needed a new phone because I'm going through a financial situation and I can't afford my old cell bill (along with many other bills) anymore. So I applied for Qlink. I don't need food stamps YET so I don't have them, only Medicaid, which I qualify for.

The program says that is one of the services they accept. But when it was time to qualify they said my document was expired but I just got this updated card from Medicaid 2 months ago. Qlink said the effective date is the same as the expiration date. ??? I contacted Medicaid and they confirmed that it was the issue date. How is the issue or effective date the same as the expiration date? Requesting common sense please. smh

So we don't get paystubs at our job, now I have to request one and wait for them to process one THEN re-submit. Another 3-5 days until I get it and then it has to go through the review process again. Mind you applied well before Christmas. Ugh. Qlink you're the best... NOT.

People say you can't complain when you get something free but can you 'complain' when you don't ever receive it after giving them all of your personal details? Don't take all of my information and not give me what you promised when I qualify for the thing.

Many years ago when I was with a different free service, now THEY had phenomenal service. You didn't have to jump through hoops and they did their job. I might have to go back with them.

Edit: I should also add that it all started when I contacted them in a professional way while my application was in review. The rep seemed strange. I guess they thought I didn't need a free phone. So I feel like they discriminate on educated people. Yes people with educations can be poor too, QLink. We fall on hard times like everyone else. I had to call them back sounding uneducated just to 'prove' that I am poor.

Response from Robin H., QLinkWireless Representative
I'm sorry for the experience you had! As a government benefit program, Q Link Wireless has strict regulations that we're required to follow in confirming an applicant's eligibility.
saras384
12/21/18

The application process was simple, a smart phone came quickly (within a week), good service in the Manistee National Forest of West Michigan (usually no service). This phone and company are a blessing! Thank you QLink Wireless!!!

Response from Robin H., QLinkWireless Representative
Thank you, Sara. Feedback from satisfied customers like you is why we do what we do.
allisonl69
12/19/18

Its been 8 days now, and I finally got through to a live person. I had previously received an email asking me to call. The CSR could barely speak English. All he would say was call back. After 8 days of trying to get help, that's the last thing I wanted. Eventually he disconnected the call and once again I was unable to receive service.

faithm6
12/17/18

QLink reps lie to you about everything. You are promised more minutes with this company to lure you in, but so NOT WORTH IT! Once you get the TOTAL POS phone (not the one promised) you will NEVER be able to get a live person on the phone...NEVER! This is a government money grab with no care about their customers. Phone won't update and error says my number is not associated with an active account. However, it does not stop the phone tracking and ads. Think you can actually bring your own phone, nope...not even my old Sprint-based Boost phone that works much better than the POS ZTE N9137 they sent me. I will find another company to switch to even if I get less minutes. AVOID QLINK FOR YOUR SANITY'S SAKE.

Response from Robin H., QLinkWireless Representative
Hi Faith! We are very sorry to hear that you are unhappy with your Q Link service. Ensuring your safe and reliable phone access is our number one priority. Please contact our Support Team at Support@QLinkWireless.com, and our support team will be more than happy to assist you.
carolynw177
12/8/18

They send me a phone that has no space left to download. My phone is too small. I like to use wifi and the screen is too small. Overall I am dissatisfied...

Response from Robin H., QLinkWireless Representative
Hi Carolyn! We are very sorry to hear that you are unhappy with your Q Link service. Ensuring your safe and reliable phone access is our number one priority. Please contact our Support Team at Support@QLinkWireless.com, and our support team will be more than happy to assist you.
ayef2
12/7/18

I got the service due to injures that forced me to quit my career. I thought "What a great program! I can call and get school grants and have a phone for perspective employers to reach me!". I also don't own or have money to buy a computer, so I can use the web, an my kids an do their homework that is only available on the schools web page. WRONG ON ALL COUNTS! The service minutes for calls was eaten up so fast it had to be 3min for 1min actual talk time. With all the holding you have to do, it was used up before I could get any thing set up. Web browser is outdated and can't handle the pages, loading only partial. The data is throttled from the get go, I believe. Every job service or application page for companies can't read or process this phones letter an symbol data, which is VERY odd as it has to fall into one of the 3 catagories of code. Security issues pop up constantly for almost every site. I called and calmly explained why I needed that phone as I am now so poor I fear eviction and having to let my kids go into foster care. The representative said he didn't understand because the phone service has unlimited texting... That set me off! When the f'n he!! Has ANYONE ever gotten a job over texting???? Or been able to fill out or even talk to anyone about federal services???? Or made a doctor's appointment??? So after I calmed, I thought to myself, there is an app for everything now! I'll just download the apps for all the stuff I have to do. NOPE! Phone can't handle the memory requirements except for one two small apps at a time. Their suggestion? Download-use-erase-download next app- repeat... HOLY SHOOT!!!! ARE YOU F'N KIDDING ME???? So then I just gave up, kept the phone charged and did my best. A few week go buy an the phone can't even handle updating the apps it came with due to memory lacking!!!! I even disabled and cleared caches of every app not necessary to the phone!!! I caved and paid the $25 fo the upgraded phone.... A ZTE Z3001S. still uses minute at a 3 to 1 ratio. Still has throttled internet, still can't be used to fill out secure forms on line. An lo an behold... IT CANT UPDATE ITS OWN APPS MUCH LESS 3RD PARTY ONES!!!!
It is now only useful as a 911 platform and the 2 games I allowed my kids to get that actually worked on the phone... Talking Tom, and a generic dress the Barbie app. After a few hours they found other things to do an brought me the phone, "Dad, we don't want it, it sucks and just make us angry!" .... I know my little angels, I know...

Response from Robin H., QLinkWireless Representative
I'm sorry about this, Aye. Please visit our Help Center at https://qlinkwireless.com/support/what-if-my-phone-doesnt-work-or-breaks/ and you can work through the possible solutions to what is going on with your phone. If you can't find a solution, please contact our Support Team at support@qlinkwireless.com.
jolenee3
11/19/18

I was trying to help my mom get a phone because she is on a fixed income. I mailed and also uploaded the necessary documents they required. ALL that happened was an email every other day saying they were still waiting for the information. Tried calling and you can't ever talk to a human being....NO CUSTOMER SERVICE whatsoever! It is 3 months later so I sent them an email to cancel and I am still getting their standard email with " waiting to hear from you". I think it's a scam

Response from Robin H., QLinkWireless Representative
Customer service is available Monday - Friday 9am - 6pm EST at (855) 754-6543. Due to extremely high call volume we must handle calls in the order they were received, but stay on the line and you'll be sure to reach a live rep!
alexisf36
11/6/18

These people are LIARS. They tell you one thing and the website states another. The site states documents "APPROVED" they told me it was "DENIED", then changed it to "DENIED" while I'm on the phone. WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE!!

robertm466
10/29/18

Phone got hot to even hold now have no sound can't call customer service and there email system is a joke to contact them takes 3 to 5 days before they even acknowledge. The phone isn't even a month old and it is a defective joke.they are screwing up my life because I can't make phone calls. There a f******** joke

jennifere174
10/29/18

Do not pay for unlimited service. They cut your data off due to excessive use!! Talk about a scam. They don't slow it down. They turn it off!!! Go with boost Mobile and keep the junk phone as emergency only. Yes it's junk. Taxpayers should sue.

pmikea
10/27/18

Phone is obsolete right out of the box when you receive it. 3G, not 4G LTE which every other Lifeline service I've dealt with provides on their default phones. I have 23 junk apps disabled on my QLink ZTE N818S because I don't want or need them and still have no mem left to update the few apps I do want and/or need. Every time I shut down or restart the phone all my homepage icons are gone, just gone. Worst of all, sometimes I can't even make phone calls even though signal strength is fine. I don't expect a Cadillac phone because I know it's lifeline but I at least expect a phone that I can depend on to work when I need it even if only in emergency situations. QLink doesn't even provide that. I've had this phone for 3 months. I've visited the email and called customer service several times. I've never gotten a reply to my emails and I've never ever been able to talk to a human being. Do yourself a favor. If you need lifeline, use any provider BUT Qlink.

annal245
10/26/18

Tried to called to change address automation was to transfer to live person 4 times and phone goes dead each time. Tried to send email doesn't exist or shuts down. Only way to cancel is to tell them your address is incorrect I guess?

Response from Robin H., QLinkWireless Representative
Update your address online anytime! Simply Login to My Q Link, select Profile, and 'Update Address'.
bc135
10/23/18

Q Link phones & service SUCK!! Customer Service also sucks!! Near impossible to get into ( Dept) & when U do, they do nothing for you but give U false platitudes to sell U " Unlimited" plans (on WORTHLESS phones that U have to buy bcz the "free" phones don't work!! The ones U pay for do NOT work. either!! ) that are NOT Unlimited plans, as promised, when they sold U!!!

Response from Robin H., QLinkWireless Representative
Hello BC, do you still need help? Our expert Support Team will be happy to assist you. Please contact us at (855) 754-6543 Monday - Friday 9am-6pm EST, and we’ll take a look at your account.
rosek66
10/22/18

They advertise "now", "today", and "instantly qualify" but after you sign up they ask for patience to mail your phone and say to contact them if you don't have your phone in 30 days.
The CSR I spoke to Jessica was great.

Response from Robin H., QLinkWireless Representative
Were you able to resolve this Rose? If not please send an email with a brief description of your situation to Support@QLinkWireless.com and we will see what’s going on with your application.
christ352
10/11/18

Along with everyone else here, my phone does not, and has not ever worked. Also full memory because of the apps and ads they make me have on the phone, so I cannot receive messages and the system does not operate due to full memory. Just called them and they claim that since I was able to use the phone 41 minutes one month(out of the 1000 minutes i get) and use 100mb of data(ads or something because i have never used the internet or any type of data, it simply doesnt work) that that is proof that the phone works fine, even tho their troubleshooting clearly proved the phone does not work. When i asked to speak to a supervisor the guy put me on hold, same guy came back on and gave me a different name. I was irate, and asked to speak to someone else so i could file a complaint he told me there was no one else and hung up on me. Unbelievable.

Response from Robin H., QLinkWireless Representative
I'm sorry about this, Chris. Please visit our Help Center at https://qlinkwireless.com/support/what-if-my-phone-doesnt-work-or-breaks/ and you can work through the possible solutions to what is going on with your phone. If you can't find a solution, please contact our Support Team at support@qlinkwireless.com.

Call customer care at 611 OR call 1-888-801-6232. You will verify your birth year and then you will press 3. But the hold will be very long. They give you a callback option but it can take 48 hours, so just plug the charger in, put it on speaker and go do your own thing while you hold for hours. They will probably not resolve what you are calling in about and the agent might get rude and then it will be harder to get through next time but that's how you get a live rep. Good luck!

By secret s.

Your service is probably inactive now. You'll have to reapply and then they'll probably make you jump through hoops to get qualified again and then have to deal with a nasty rep on the phone so you might be better just going somewhere else.

By secret s.

Q Link applications work a little different for everybody, Analisa! If you log in to My Q Link and check your Order Status, you should be able to get a better idea what's going on with your account. https://qlinkwireless.com/members/login.aspx

By Robin H., QLinkWireless Representative

We appreciate your review, Doris. Click here to view your phone's user manual on our site to learn more about your free smartphone: https://qlinkwireless.com/support/phone-user-manuals/

By Robin H., QLinkWireless Representative

They use Sprint network and say that Sprint and Boost phone work. Customer service told me to wait until I got their free phone to see if I was happy with it and I could switch if I wasn't but now I cannot get a live person and am told via robot that my Boost phone is not eligible even though it is way past 60 days off and unlocked. So, I would say it is just another lie, you cannot bring your own phone, because they want the ads and tracking on you. If you want to try to bring your phone do it from the beginning because if you let them send you their phone you will never get to talk to a live person again and phone will not offer any real help.

By Faith M.

By Robin H., QLinkWireless Representative

Questions? Get answers from the QLinkWireless staff and other customers.

12 Photos for QLinkWireless