QLinkWireless

QLinkWireless has a consumer rating of 1.29 stars from 158 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. QLinkWireless also ranks 64th among Mobile Carriers sites. The most common issues with QLinkWireless are around customer service, which is not as good as expected by some customers.

No positive highlights yet

• I recently signed my granny up for QLink phone services and the enrollment and receipt of the phone went smoothly.
  • I emailed twice and spoke to customer service three times to no avail.
How would you rate QLinkWireless?

“Pretty amazing if you use your own phone”

Jay M.
3/29/19

I transferred the service to an old s5 and it works great. Gps\text\calls work fine. The internet is fast. You can use a gig pretty quick,don't watch videos. But it's more then enough it to apply online, look at job listings, fill out online paperwork, lookup phone numbers and GPS. I would give them 5 stars but the first phone they sent me was garbage, id have preferred a flip phone. The phone they sent me often froze up and filled itself up with memory via its own updates. GPS never worked. When it wasn't freezing up I could make phone calls and text. Check to see if you can use another phone with this service, mine was not on the list but you can't enter your phones eimd or something like that and check to see if it's compatible. All the info is on their site.

“Horrendous”

Steve N.
3/18/20

Worst customer service, hands down. WOW!! Good luck. All I needed was simply a new sim card...they won't accept a PO Box and insisted that it be sent to the physical address (which has no rural USPS delivery, no mail box). They insisted it would arrive, it did not. It was returned to sender, which is what I tried to tell them would happen. They refused to listen. I tried twice with online chat and three phone calls, totaling hours of frustration with overseas operators. Worst company I have ever dealt with.

phone (133) customer service (45) government phone (6) phone service (9) data (21) phone program (4) replacement phone (5) lifeline service (6) sim card (6) 2 months (6) 4 times (4) 3 days (3)
steven246
March 18th, 2020
suzanz2
March 15th, 2020
So you apply for the free government phone through q link and it's the most outrageous bull$#*! service ever. First beware that they keep records of every call you make and everything you do with that lame phone, If they are not happy with the number of calls ,they will suspend your account. They constantly call you to ask if you still want to participate, they threaten to cut you off other benefits. They insist on being a part of your everyday life and if you don't let them they will cut your service.
tm440
March 29th, 2020
I have been with them for a long while. Over the last year. I haven't had service on my phone two times. Therefore I was without a phone. I reached out to them and again I haven't received any results. Nor apologies for their negligence. As a senior citizens I require to have a phone for emergencies at all times. Sad to have such poor services.
michaelc2599
January 21st, 2020
• Updated review
Wrote a review on this site to inform potential customers qlink Wireless fraudulent practices, also wrote a review on the Better Business Bureau review platform. It seems like qlink Wireless pays more attention to that site. Qlink Wireless is now offering me a refund on the defective product I purchase, but only after many many negative reviews about qlink. I will decline a refund from qlink Wireless, there's more to life than a dollar bill. Sometimes a man has to stand up for what is right and let everybody know what's wrong. Buyer beware of qlink Wireless !!!
Qlink Wireless ripping disabled man off
January 17th, 2020
• Previous review
Purchase a new phone from qlink Wireless, product was defective!! Qlink Wireless refuse to replace or refund my money. As a result I canceled service with qlink wireless and went with Consumer Cellular. Buyer beware of products of qlink Wireless. Very sad that qlink wireless has to steal money from a disabled man. Again buyer beware of qlink Wireless.
kevinh705
January 8th, 2020
It has been a month and no phone. Even though they show my new phone number and the actual phone in my account for 3 weeks it has not been shipped. Yeah its a free phone but how many people have to wait longer than a month? I am sure the gov has paid them for this month. Im saying they are stealing a months worth of money from the gov for every customer who chooses them. Just stupid.
dwayneh48
April 13th, 2020
I contacted customer service today about a new sim card and was told 7 to 10 BUSINESS days to get it but my old sim will be shut off. Talked to 3 people and noone could help me. So now i am without a phone during this time of covid-19 for two weeks. They wont even help me get it faster. Worst customer service during this crisis. I thought were all it this together why do i feel so alone. This is suppose to make America great again, i dont think so. Such a sad day to be an American with an Government issued phone.
rogerm638
January 26th, 2020
I AM A DISABLED ARMY VETERAN CANCER SURVIVOR STRAIGHT OUT OF HIGH SCHOOL 1978 AND I THINK YOU PEOPLE ARE THE WORST YOU ASK FOR PEOPLE'S INFORMATION TO GET BACK TO THEM, DONT HOLD YOUR BREATH NEVER HAPPENS, YOUR SO CALLED ASSOCIATES ARE VERY RUDE ID RATHER GET A PHONE OFF THE STREETS IDIOT'S AND DONT EVEN THANK ME FOR MY SERVICE BECAUSE IF I HAD KNOWN BACK THEN THERE WERE PEOPLE IN THE WORLD LIKE YOU PEOPLE I NEVER WOULD HAVE JOINED THE ARMY TO PROTECT A BUNCH OF UNGRATEFUL PEOPLE IN THIS WORLD SO YOU KEEP YOUR PHONE KEEP YOUR SERVICE ILL FIND A VENDOR ON THE STREET SO SAD NEED NEW PHONE AND CANT EVEN GET ONE OR SERVICE. *******949 ILL SEE
johnm4335
February 13th, 2020
Bd customer service, misleading web site for available phones, had to give up after receiving 3 defective phones''''''still waiting for my store credit check and $70 dollars refund

Tip for consumers: do not use Q LINK for life line phone

bettyv67
February 18th, 2020
I filled the application for my mom 3 months ago and still she does not have her phone. The site keeps saying that it is pending shipment, but it is never shipped.
yvonnej48
January 1st, 2020
I ordered a replacement phone
December 13,2019 it is January 1,2020 and I have yet to receive my phone. I work extremely hard for my money I don't care if it's only $25 it's my hard earned money and this government funded company took my $25 and haven't delivered my product. Another way for the government to rip off low income Americans
josephh613
April 22nd, 2020
At first they helped me when I was down and out, it was nice to have a phone, than it got stolen and I couldn't afford to get a replacement so my account went dead, ever since then I tried getting service with a compatible phone, i got no response of any kind and since the coronavirus $#*! ive been sick as a dog .. i ask everyone is that anyway to treat a army veteran and someone who worked 2 jobs for 30 some years paying taxes when he needs a hand .if anyone from qlink could find a way to help me please get back to me at e$#*!*******@gmail.com
johnw1707
July 3rd, 2019
My wife got her phone yesterday and it doesn't work at all. I was on the phone with a technician for over an hour and a half he was a very nice guy but she still doesn't have any service. It took me at least 30 minutes just to get a technician then after about an hour of troubleshooting the phone still didn't work. The bad thing is I've got to call again.
debrar254
March 13th, 2020
I can not seem to get ahold of a human for my issue. I've sent countless emails to their email address and have gotten no response. I've tried calling their 1-855# but that's just makes you feel like your in some kind of vicious time loop that you just can't get out of...you pick a topic on the main menu which leads you to another few choices which eventually leads you back to the main menu and your off and running through the whole thing all over again...there are no offices in my city apparently so there's absolutely no way of contacting them unless you call from your phone's 611....not good if you've LOST YOUR PHONE and are trying to let them know... Nope I'm done...I'm gone,. I'm already gone.
emoryj5
January 22nd, 2020
I wouldn't recommend qlink to my worst enemy. Anytime your in the US and you call customer service and its foreigner's answering the phone it's all a scam. STAY AWAY!!!
sakinahm1
January 17th, 2020
I have been waiting over a month. Continually I am told I have to wait. I am told there is nothing that they can do and that there are over one hundred others experiencing the same problem and then the supervisor hung up on me because i kept asking how long. She continued to say I had to wait and be patient. Like I was not patient since early December. The attitude of Supervisor Toya
thomasc763
February 17th, 2020
they send you junk so that you have to upgrade then take several months to send the phone after you pay them . Their customer service couldn't care less and act like they are doing you a favor even speaking with you . How they can keep a contract with the Government is beyond me .
grettelk
April 1st, 2020
Applied for phone months ago and never got it, lots of: it is coming soon, pending shipment. for months and nothing. What a disappointment!!
juddb41
April 25th, 2020
I've got nothing but a run around trying to activate 3 different phones. They sent me to every cell service in my area. They don't know who their cell provider is. They told me all of my phones would work on qlink to date none of them work!! Also they tried to up sell me . They wanted me to by a new phone from them!!
joea416
May 19th, 2020
These guys are a joke. Can't call. Chat folks have no clue.They refused to honor my request to cancel. They have had all my info for a month. All I need is a sim kit. What a bunch of crooks. Bet they are billing the government with no prob!
zackyn
January 24th, 2019
So I got this phone a few months ago, and I have very mixed feelings. The storage was crap putting apps on a SD card made them unusable. The space fills up very quickly and it makes the phone slow and overheated. The calling service is somewhat decent and clear, but putting to your cheek causes you to push different buttons. I've been all over the phone and there's no fixing it. The texting/messaging program is an app, which means if the storage is full, you can't send messages and have to clear the cache or clear data for everything, so Google, and the "programmed" browser don't work. The data? Forget it. I somehow blew through 1G in less than a week, with data saver on and I barely used it. Fast forward to 1-23-19 and oh a whim I checked my data and it said I only used 250mb, which sounded more reasonable. I thought maybe Qlink saw the mistake and fixed it, but I go to get on data, and it's telling me I have to log into the network and gave me an error code. Yeah, apparently it only happens when you try to use your data after it hit the max cap. I will hopefully be able to buy a new phone, even if it means I have to skimp on bills. I don't recommend this phone because even if it's a free service, the amount of crap you have to deal with isn't worth it. Find another company to use.

ALSO: They reuse numbers as I've never put this number for anything and I get spam calls and people looking for other people, once even got threatened because apparently someone who owned the number owed someone money, so don't apply for anything using your number.
robinh268
Robin H. – QLinkWireless Rep
1GB FREE data is given to all Q Link customers. Make your free data last longer by using Wi-Fi wherever possible. Or, you can check out one of our new Talk & Data Bundles! Now priced lower than ever, you can get as much extra data and minutes as you need to get you through the month. https://bit.ly/2zvSVyTMy Qlink Members Area | Q Link Wirelesshttps://bit.ly
lindag926
January 28th, 2020
l had sevice with them for the last three years ,no problem ,then this year l was told about changes to get renew l did what was ask not once but three times l send in the information that was needed then was told l would have to re enroll ,after talking to one of the Superv name Robert ID 1064 who insulted me then when l ask to speak to someone else he kelp being rude ,then left me on hold to speak to someone else he never transfer my call just left me waiting l have gone to a different service and have spoken to someone who is checking into their behavior ,never want their service again
padraigq
January 11th, 2020
QLink's cellular connectivity is as good (or bad) as any of the other Lifeline providers but customers should bag the free ZTE phone right out of the box. It hardly ever works and will drive you crazy. Replace it with a 2nd hand iPhone (from eBay, for instance.)

Don't bother calling customer service for any reason. It's a waste of time.
saras384
December 21st, 2018
The application process was simple, a smart phone came quickly (within a week), good service in the Manistee National Forest of West Michigan (usually no service). This phone and company are a blessing! Thank you QLink Wireless!!!
robinh268
Robin H. – QLinkWireless Rep
Thank you, Sara. Feedback from satisfied customers like you is why we do what we do.
daves722
November 30th, 2019
Ever since the gov. got a better idea about recertified for another year,it sucks .6 mo.after sending forms and award letters 5 times to qlink and the gov. people who also,lost my paperwork. Nobody knows where paperwork is, I keep sending ,finally I quit the service. They don't communicate with each other. Forget this outfit, they don't know what they are doing. Last year it was nice because you called qlink to recertify,now they aggravate .THEY SUCK'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
maryb1560
January 21st, 2020
Paid 140.00 for a phone I never received. Having back to back kidney surgeries and no phone. I moved and reported the move withininutes they shut the old phone off. So I have been without a phone since 1/3 I want my money back. After I called them and told th em that I still haven't my phone yet and they told me there was nothing they could do. I get an email from them that they cancelley order. My next move is BBB and the FTC. I will get my money back. I believe all these reviews because it was all done to me and I gotta all the emails from them to prove what they did. Stay away from this these scam artist.

Call customer care at 611 OR call 1-888-801-6232. You will verify your birth year and then you will press 3. But the hold will be very long. They give you a callback option but it can take 48 hours, so just plug the charger in, put it on speaker and go do your own thing while you hold for hours. They will probably not resolve what you are calling in about and the agent might get rude and then it will be harder to get through next time but that's how you get a live rep. Good luck!

By secret s.
See more answers (5)

Q-Link is a scam operation. REPORT to the relevant state and federal authorities ASAP! Reps are scammers reading from their scripts. Useless and intend to be useless.

See more answers (5)

Don't do it. It's not worth your time. Free is too much to pay for this piece of CRAP.

By Susan M.
See more answers (3)

Your service is probably inactive now. You'll have to reapply and then they'll probably make you jump through hoops to get qualified again and then have to deal with a nasty rep on the phone so you might be better just going somewhere else.

By secret s.
See more answers (3)

They make so many mistakes. They never fix them. Good luck.

By Suzi H.

There is no such thing as customer service from Q-Link! It's scam operation run out of Florida. REPORT this scam to every relevant state and federal agency! Should be run off of the federal government program as SCAMMERS!

See more answers (3)

I have a compatible phone and nobody will get off there lazy ass to help me get it done, yes im computer stupid so yes I need as much help as I can get

By Joseph H.
See more answers (2)

Apply to another provider! Q-Link is a complete scam! Even this site is run by Q-Link and now and again a rep or employee puts up a five star review to counteract the piles and piles of negative reviews! DO NOT DO BUSINESS HERE!

See more answers (2)

Q Link applications work a little different for everybody, Analisa! If you log in to My Q Link and check your Order Status, you should be able to get a better idea what's going on with your account. https://qlinkwireless.com/members/login.aspx

By Robin H., CEO
See more answers (2)

ZTE is the worst phone on the planet. I ended up tossing it in the trash

By Anna S.

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the QLinkWireless staff and other customers.

All qualified Q Link customers are eligible to receive a free smartphone and free monthly service.
Our free Q Link plan includes free monthly data and minutes, and unlimited worldwide texting.

issaa10
Issa A.
Marketing / PR

How do I know I can trust these reviews about QLinkWireless?

Have a question about QLinkWireless?