Review of QLinkWireless

Tel: 1-855-754-6543
support@qlinkwireless.com

cynthiah72
8/18/19

and they sent me a phone. I tried messaging them to no avail to say, I don't want this phone, nor am I using it. I called to tell them so and said, "I HAVE NOT EVEN OPENED THE BOX. Please send me a return shipping label." They said to just keep the phone. And what an insufficient rep, I could barely understand his broken English. The call took well over half an hour, in addition to the protracted hold time. AND I keep getting emails about usage and texts I've never made. What a horrible company. I'm complaining to the BBB for starters, and anyone else who'll listen.

starlaw1
8/16/19

From day one I have had nothing but problems with the phone. Difficult to make a call, same receiving them. Battery won't hold charge, it gets very hot. It freezes up all the time. If I needed to make an important call concerning a life or death situation you can forget it. When I did call customer service and complained they said that the only thing I could do was buy another phone because they had no idea how to fix it. I will be calling the Better Business to report this matter.

geraldk73
8/12/19

I love the service here . Couple years ago I upfraded to their smartphone and they sent me the LG Tribute . The calls work well i love its feature But i cant install ANY apps as most wont go to sd card and the phone doesnt haveenough internal space . I cam here to inquire about reviews of their mid grade cost phone called Blade Force. Im thinking about Robbing Peter to pay Paul in order to get an upgraded phone that I can actualy download the software and links that Q link constantly sends me. I would love to be able to install Q link ware but my phone wont install anything . I see the upgraded phones have more space . Im hoping thst it also cann cast to the TV so i can watch the AT&T on demand conted thats only available on an app but cant install it So hoping to find more info on the Blade Force phone .

alfredg44
8/9/19

They told me it was easy to switch phones since the one they send you is so crappy. I ordered the phone.called Qlink they told me they need to send me a SIM card for the new phone. One day later I found out that my old crappy phone number is turned off. I call them, it took hours to get a person on he phone. Yes I would have to go 2 full weeks without a phone!!! Run from this company!

jasonc249
8/1/19

you will now have a class action lawsuit filed for fraud,, i have started one against your company!!!! phone caught fire and blew up in my pocket now i have a 500.00 $ hospital bill. thanks a lot.

marya957
7/15/19

For the first time, I got a free phone from Qlink, the phone was horrible and had lots of issues, the calls would drop all the time, plus it was very difficult to get through to their customer service department, I tried to file with the FCC but they charge you to make a formal complaint, so I went to the FTC website and filed a major complaint against this company and I ask everyone reading this to do the same, the more people complain the more chance of getting them OUT OF BUSINESS!!!

antoniow22
7/7/19

They call every day just to wake me up, sometimes several times a day. Now they are using my number (spoofed) to send me robo calls, they really got the nerve. The phone is very slow and crappy loaded with apps that I don't us or want. When a call comes in I can't answer it because ads keep popping up from google etc. by the time you get to it the people have already hung up...oh and there is no way to answer it anyway since there is no green icon to touch to answer it...just a red hang up icon. Its a ZTE which I have heard has been banned from this country anyway. The screen cracked on the thing and I can't find a replacement screen anywhere for it. I think I will get a land line instead.

kimberlyh278
7/6/19

They cancelled my phone saying I didn't use my phone for 30 days....LIES....mind you, they cancelled it after sending me a text saying I was out of minutes and need to purchase more.... if I'm out of minutes then obviously I was using my damn phone.... I've had this number for 5 years and it's linked to EVERY account that requires a verification code...WTF??? And nowwwwwww there's no option to even speak to anyone...

johnw1707
7/3/19

My wife got her phone yesterday and it doesn't work at all. I was on the phone with a technician for over an hour and a half he was a very nice guy but she still doesn't have any service. It took me at least 30 minutes just to get a technician then after about an hour of troubleshooting the phone still didn't work. The bad thing is I've got to call again.

winooskib
7/3/19

For the price, the service is OK. (Free)
It really is a "lifeline," but don't expect
to speak to a knowledgeable rep if you need support.

They don't want to speak with customers!

You will encounter a seemingly endless phone menu
whose sole purpose is to discourage you from seeking
a human to help you...

For best results, bring your own phone and activate it
on the Qlink webpage. Check compatibility on their site first.

Chances are all will be smooth sailing once you're connected.

Or else, bite the bullet and get a Tracfone.

anty
6/30/19

Came on here to see reviews and just see a bunch of $#*!in crybabies on here complaining about a free phone with free service like they expect to get an I phone SMH ppl are ridiculous lol

josem402
6/14/19

I was,approved,had the phone less then a week and everyone and their mother was calling for a person named Rachael..Then the next month I wait for my free minutes..nothing..I log in to Qlink to find out they cancelled my account,saying someone else at my address also has a account ( bull$#*!) have been trying to clear it up and get my account back but it's like talking to a wall..

tinac270
6/10/19

I ordered Lifeline service and was approved. I also ordered a phone and wanted to port my existing number. After about a week, I only received a sim card. I installed the sim, got an awesome calling/text/data package but with a new number assigned to me. I was told that it would take four hours by a rep for the port to finish. I found out by calling back the next day that the port could take up to four days. I called back a few days later and was told that the account number and pin that I gave them was incorrect, so the port had not been ordered. I contacted my original provider and they provided the info I needed. I called QLink back...gave them the info and was told to wait. They would send me an email when the port was complete. I called them on a Friday afternoon and they told me that my phone was having an issue that would require me talking with tech support. They were closed until Monday. I then started getting error messages stating that my sim was locked and to restart my device and then call their number. I called back yesterday, Monday and was told that my phone was locked, by their tech support. I have used my phone on three different GSM carriers without any problem. They told me to contact my previous provider and to request it be unlocked. It is not a locked phone! My current provider told me there was no port request dating all the way back to May and that they have no reason to unlock my already unlocked phone. Three/four different sim cards have all worked in this device and all I want is for my phone number to port over so I don't have to change it, I love my phone number!!! lol. Anyhow, I called back and got the same rep on the line and she kept ignoring my statements that the phone is unlocked, instead reading from a script explaining the features and prices. She asked if I could give a rating between one and ten for the service provided today. Earlier this morning she got a 5, the last time she got a one. She asked what she could do to improve the rating, I said that it would be nice if it would not take two weeks to simply port my number over and to send me a new sim, AND to accept the fact that I know that my phone is not a locked device. All the time I'm using the phone, ON THE CALL with her, the sim is locked, not the phone. I then told her to just cancel the service, I was going to purchase additional data per month on an ongoing basis initially, but decided it was best to just cut my losses and give up on their services. I kept getting overseas operators that I had difficulty understanding yet very polite, and then when I got domestic call center reps, they were easy to understand but most often quite short with me and un-human in their care of my problem. I'm trying another Lifeline service, trying to save money because of limited income from a disability. I hope they treat me better than QLink did.

terris181
6/8/19

Just got a free QLINK phone. It doesn't hold a charge, respond to your icons, it over heats. But QLINK won't me to pay to fix it. Don't think so. I've just had it for two weeks. Now can't make a call, text. So now no phone.

sylvao
6/2/19

For elderly people to have to deal with the quality of QLink wireless is a downright shame!!! Due to phone and service, I also lost my phone number of several years because Agent would not release it when trying to get new service with another provider. I waited two days, without a phone for them to respond to no avail. Rating on scale of 1-10= 0000000000!!! Don't waste your time and energy!!

paulg604
Paul G.
5/30/19

Had been with them for about 3 years and it was ok exept for the crappy phones that didn't last very. I dropped my phone and it cracked the screen. I went on the website and ordered another phone for thirty dollars. They shut the phone off with the cracked screen. I called and asked why they shut the phone off and he said we have to. After talking to customer service rep he terminated my account permanantly. I am without a phone or phone sevice now and have been for over a month.

williamh1103
5/30/19

The phone came with so many junk apps there was no operating memory left. No live support ever called me back. Absolute joke, ripping American taxpayers off. Report this company to the FCC.

dg257
5/27/19

I received one phone from them, and I have noticed the phone is not what I had expected, very cheap made in China... has defect I cannot turn on and use this phone, by the way, the phone they've sent me is "Hot Pepper Poblano VLE5" very cheap, hard to obtain information and run this particular cellphone, try to contact customer service, they told me that was the only phone available what a lie! Nothing they can do about unless I purchase another phone from them to pay $250.00 dollars, so what the warranty and FREE?? Besides this phone, I was afraid will caught in fire, was so hot in my pocket that burn my skin, imagine anyone brings this phone to any airline and battery exploding inside the plane??

lalah7
5/24/19

Customer service and they supervisor need more training and knowledge. They also need to understand what Customer service means. They also will find any reason to not help you. Just because it's a free service doesn't mean people should be treated any different. And then said the line was disconnected and non eligible for the service which was a lie! Safe link is the wayto go get away from Qlink they SUCK!

brendaa124
5/14/19

love the services love the phone the services is good, i donot BAD SERVICE LOOKING GOOD PHONE SERVICE FOR ME

jeffreyf106
5/14/19

there service sucks,im deaf and need live help when needed, no phone support what so ever,the phones was this cheap zte that would be slowed down from all the apps like qlixar they put on the phone without your permission.space these app took slowed the phone to freeze up or become a brick.only thing that was good in their service was the 1k text data n unlimited plan you got for free.but i left qlink for safe-link and got the same plan better phone and the live help i needed for a deaf man .

rodd47
5/13/19

I swiched to Qlink back around Oct of 2017. From the very start the smartphone thy gave me was pathetic. It constantly froze an wouldn't dial. I tried for 4 months to get them to replace it
but they would not. I complained to the FCC and that too was a farce. The FCC is a joke. i ended up having to buy an upgrade with twice the memory so the service would work. Around 2 months ago, they dropped me with no notification so I contacted the FCC again, as well as Lifeline support all to no avail. Stay away from Qlink at all cost. I would rate Qlink -10 if I could.

dianeg206
5/9/19

QLink is the worst ever company to deal with. They cancel accounts at their own discretion...in my case after I had just recertified my account!? I mentioned to a customer service rep that I was receiving 7-10 email reminders a month and they must have taken that to be a complaint and canceled my account without notifying me!? After that I was unable to connect to a live person anymore. I requested that they call me on my home phone so that I could talk to an actual live person and they replied that my issue cannot be dealt with over email..so in essence they closed my account and basically told me to get lost. I think this is a total scam. I have applied to my third phone provider under the Lifeline program...hoping to have better luck. Please, stay away from Qlink...you will be much better off.

christophert158
4/30/19

I was approved because I was on disability but then my phone was stolen! Now I don't qualify even though not one dam thing changed other than my phone getting stollen! So I went with the same information being qualified to not qualified and it is the same freaking information! NOTHING CHANGED OTHER THAN A JERK STOLE MY PHONE! I SENT IN THE SAME INFORMATION THAT I SENT IN BEFORE ALL THE SAME INFORMATION! THE EXACT SAME INFORMATION NOTHING DIFFERENT THAN BEFORE! That's what I get for trusting a group! I get lied too

missyu
4/26/19

It's all pleasant until you are a customer. Then good luck talking to someone. Don't bother emailing either.
My problem was data missing. After a week of trying I finally got a live operaor. If you choose getting a call back they don't say it can take 48 hours until after you select it. Then it disconnects and you get to start over. After 30 mins on hold I finally was able to tell them the problem. My remaining data disappeared. The answer I got was "I'm showing you are out of data but you will get your free data next week. If you are still having a problem then, you can call us again". I said I need it now, that is the problem.
She said she can only add data if I buy some. We went around in a few circles before she said she could have her supervisor come on and explain to me that my data is used up. Grrr So, I risked it. Same answers, but she also said I could contact customer support online but I'd need data for them to troubleshoot. Seriously!? I'D NEED DATA ON MY PHONE IN ORDER TO FIX THE PROBLEM OF HAVING NO DATA ON MY PHONE!!
The voice routing for calls is insane! I called from a different non Q link phone but when I gave my number it said "You are calling from q link phone. Hang up and call from a different phone" Then it disconnected. I was stupid enough to try a few times choosing different options just to end up disconnected.
Its probably no favor to you but to get to live, and alleged support this was the sequence: option 3, (phone#)000, day/mo/yearof birth, last 4 ss#, option 9, option 3. But if you have anything that will make you tranquilized I suggest you do/use it first!
I'm not sure any of the lifeline providers particularly care if you are satisfied. One (SafeLink?) offers 2 gigs free data but it is only with their phone and only 3g connection. Make sure about every detail that matters to you. Some have only 300 - 500 mins of calling which goes fast if you are on hold a lot. I think they all have unlimited texting.
Good luck!

Tip for consumers: Please do give reviews everywhere you can to help others decide and just maybe affect the way providers do business. I can only hope if enough people are commenting it might make good companies stay good and bad ones try harder.

Once you get the free phone you will never get an option that allows you to get to a live human. Every single option gives you automated answers for dummies, not helpful at all. Best option is to apply at another company and switch. There can't be anything worse than QLink.

By Faith M.

Q-Link is a scam operation. REPORT to the relevant state and federal authorities ASAP! Reps are scammers reading from their scripts. Useless and intend to be useless.

By Julia C.

$#*! you I don't want another phone you $#*! keep it and eat a $#*! with it

By Dana F.

Don't do it. It's not worth your time. Free is too much to pay for this piece of CRAP.

By Susan M.

They make so many mistakes. They never fix them. Good luck.

By Suzi H.

There is no such thing as customer service from Q-Link! It's scam operation run out of Florida. REPORT this scam to every relevant state and federal agency! Should be run off of the federal government program as SCAMMERS!

By Julia C.

Apply to another provider! Q-Link is a complete scam! Even this site is run by Q-Link and now and again a rep or employee puts up a five star review to counteract the piles and piles of negative reviews! DO NOT DO BUSINESS HERE!

By Julia C.

Q Link applications work a little different for everybody, Analisa! If you log in to My Q Link and check your Order Status, you should be able to get a better idea what's going on with your account. https://qlinkwireless.com/members/login.aspx

By Robin H., QLinkWireless Representative

Nope. Hardly ever. The phones don't even have enough memory to make calls after awhile.

By Suzi H.

Is some cases very rare...RUN!!!! There are other low income companies

By Sue w.
Questions? Get answers from the QLinkWireless staff and other customers.

16 Photos for QLinkWireless