Review of PODS

Clearwater, FL 33760, US
marketing-inquiries@pods.com

darlenef2
9/30/18

POD YOU BLIND not worth the convenience/ inconvenience.
My husband and I thought it would have been
A better idea to use Pods because we were moving from one county to another in Southern CA in-between we were forced to leave it in their Storage for 3 months due to job transfers in the end I ended up transferring again to a different county still within Southern CA and had to pay an addition transfer fee
The POD was 8ft x 16ft so it cost $564 to drop off container and pick up then another $264.59 each month we kept it in their Storage (location undisclosed) we believe Riverside and then requested them to drop it off when we had a residence to live .
They then Charge us $646.00 for transfer fees too the new County within Southern CA then an additional $268 for incidentals Charge's which they never explained plus another $264.59 for entire monthly fee when it was only 5 days into the month
They do not PRO RATE monthly fees if they drop off the pod on the 5th of the month and pick up 1 day later of that same month they still charge you for a full 30 days rental fee
All in all for 4 months over $2500 just to pick up drop off within 70 miles of our original location and Storage.
PODing us BLIND..,
Do not use PODs they are a rip-off
I might add their customer service is very rude
And they tell you if you don't like it they will keep your belongings...

autumnp15
8/22/18

I am extremely upset about how my business with PODS has progressed. First off, it was an expensive choice, though it made the most sense at the time- we were moving from one side of the country to Arkansas, staying with a relative while we searched for a house. When I was on the phone with the rep (who was fine), he asked me where I would be moving to. I told him we didn't know, but would be looking in a certain town and the surrounding areas. He asked me for a zip code just to mark down for records, so I gave him the one my relative lives in.

At no point did this representative mention to me that these surrounding towns might be unable to receive PODS service. All I was told was that if we move to an area not as near Little Rock as we thought, we might have to use the Fayetteville or Jonesboro (or something) PODS facility instead. That was fine by me.

We had our pod dropped off and picked up just fine, the trouble started after we finally found a house, about twenty minutes away from the address I gave the PODS rep in the beginning. So I called them up to get my pod delivered, and all of a sudden, they told me they don't service that area. I was understandably distressed, as the whole move has been incredibly stressful, and this was completely unanticipated. Obviously, I never would have signed up for this expensive company if I thought they wouldn't be able to deliver. They told me that I would have to drive all the way to Little Rock and unload my things there at my own expense, then load them into a truck, then unload them AGAIN back at the new house! This is absurd.

I asked to speak to a supervisor, but I was denied this. The rep said she spoke to one on my behalf, and they still refused to deliver. I asked for escalation, they told me they emailed the Little Rock PODS facility, but my request was denied yet again.

Here's the real kicker though: they will deliver to the original address, my relative's house. I got her okay to do that, so the POD will now be coming here. The ridiculous part is that her address is literally halfway up a long windy mountain road in the middle of nowhere. The address I want it actually delivered to is right off the main highway, an extremely easy drop-off point.

I also apparently need to wait about 3 weeks for the pod to be delivered, which is utterly ridiculous as well, especially since I am still being forced to pay the same amount I was originally quoted despite all the setbacks. I am very upset, and I certainly plan to share this story with everyone I can. I will also be posting this review on multiple websites.

richardf96
5/25/17

Made arrangements with PODS to move from Ohio to Colorado. I have been in Colorado for three weeks to find a job and an apartment. Called to make arrangements for delivery only to be told that the container was still in Ohio and that I should have called them to let them know I wanted the container moved. WHAT?! So I made the arrangements, paid them the money and then I should have called them to tell to move the container?! Are you serious?! Do I need to drive the truck for them too? Now it's going to cost me nearly an extra $1800 to stay at a hotel because they can't get my container to me until two weeks later all due to their incompetence and idiocy. Absolutely inexcusable.

paulac2
5/15/17

Beware. PODS is a deceptive business. There are tones of negative reviews over the internet. I only wish I had done my research before I got ripped off. I called for the first time to learn about their containers and to see if it would be possible to move our already packed home by loading a container ourselves. I explained to the woman on the phone that we had a 2-bedroom house with a study that had only a desk and a chair. She assured me that their largest container would be appropriate for our move. I got to detail that our stuff was already packed, that we had a 3-seater couch, a king and a single bed, and a couple of shelves about 2 to 3 feet wide. No, we do not have much furniture compared to the average American family because, since our life style requires that we move often, we try living as light as possible. We don't even own a TV set. So, I trusted the PODS woman and hired the container. The container arrived on the date agreed, but I was in shock to see how small it was! I looked at the volume of our already boxed stuff and saw that it was impossible to fit it all inside. I'd need at least one more container, maybe 2. Within 30 minutes, I called PODS and requested that they retrieve their container. The 2 customer reps I spoke to that day did not care that I was in despair 2 weeks before we had to move. The first said I'd be refunded the monthly fee but that I had to pay for the delivery fee only. Ok, I agreed. However, my credit card was charged all fees, including an extra pick up fee. They came to retrieve the container the next day. Considering that the delivery and pick up fees amount to over 40% of one monthly fee, this is a complete rip off. I was misled into thinking that a container would fit a "4-room home," meaning "2 bedrooms, a living room and a dining room," to quote PODS. This is a straight lie. Considering we do not own what an average family would own in a 2-bedroom house, it is obvious to me that this is simply deceptive business practice. PODS profited from me only by charging delivery and pick up "fees." The last customer rep I spoke to, was extremely rude by raising his voice over the phone and by making obvious he did not care about the fact that I felt betrayed as a customer. In addition, it is worth noting that PODS makes sure its customers are not able to put their complaints in writing. They have no email address or physical address for a customer or complaints department. I tried to find one everywhere in their website and even called their headquarters, but they say they have none. Quite convenient. A serious business ALWAYS has at least an email address for complaints. Before I saw how PODS is intent in deceiving its customers, I would have considered PODS for small moves, but now I will never go back to this business. The result of it is that we've had to hire a moving company at the last minute on top of paying PODS excessive fees.

georgem91
7/25/14

whey were stuck together abd leaked half of theliquid was in the bottom it was a 72 counr.hen I got to the bottom of Ipoda t

lisat44
7/2/14

I love the tide products but the tide pods were a waste of my money. I read the instructions and did as it told me to do.
Every load l did l had the pod stuck to our clothing. I would have to raise it out in the laundry tub. I tried to do a double raise but it still doesn't come out.
I am going to stick to the liquid tide from now on.

samj31
12/10/13

When you speak to a customer service represtative at pods they will mislead you to believe that the 16 foot pod can hold 3 rooms. By three rooms they do not mean normal rooms in a 3 bedroom home. I informed the representative of how much stuff we had in our "3 bedroom home" and was led to believe that it would fit. When they say 3 rooms they mean minature rooms. They do not mean rooms with large objects like dining room tables or other things that might be in a home. Expect to be able to put the amount of stuff you would find in a childs room. I called the day before our service to make sure our stuff would fit because the measurements just didn't seem big enough. I called at 7pm the night before and they said that because I called after 4pm they were going to charge me a $200 handling fee even though they had not delievered or done anything. They charged the fee and were unwilling to refund my money! Aweful ethics and service.

Questions? Get answers from the PODS staff and other customers.

PODS?