Review of PeoplePerHour

EC4A
stories@peopleperhour.com

rohits91
3/15/19

I was new to this site and was able to get my first project but suddey I got email that your account is deactivated for doing payment outside the platform. I was surprised that I didn't started any project yet and haven't received ay messaged from any buyer yet. And they saying I am doing business outside. Complete $#*! website. Stay away from this.

annam507
3/14/19

I was lucky to have a minimum experience witH PPH staff - I submitted the application and after the first reply from the staff I understood I was dealing with the trolls.

I am a qualified specialist with over 15 years experience located in Ukraine. My application form had all required details, attached documents and presentation.

After submitting my application I received an answer that it was OK but lacked some details: I was required to state "my REAL name and my location. I did not understand what "real name" means, since my real name was stated during the registration; it was also on the scanned and attached English MBA certificate. As for location (it was wrong) the form does not allow putting or altering it manually - the system does it. I found out that there were no means available to send a proof of location for a reviewer. I received the email from reviewers from info@ and when trying to answer, the address would switch to noreply@. Anyway I sent an email with my commentaries to info@, though I doubt anyone read it.

Next day I received an email saying the application was accepted. Half a minute later there was another email saying the application lacked name and location and should be re-submitted. I re-submitted the application explaining the situation in the body of the form, hoping it will reach the reviewer.

The next email I got, was saying that my third application (which was an earlier approved version) was rejected. There was no reaction to my commentaries, which were in the body of the application (if they were ever read).

It was a deliberate practical joke by PPH, unprofessional and time consuming.

What they did was asking for details, which i) were already on the form, ii) could not be manually changed by an applicant, iii) gave no means to send any proofs for location. Then they accepted the application, then asked for the same details again, then rejected with no explanation.

Message that I sent through online support form asking them to comment on their joke is unanswered.

When trying to login to my page I saw the notification that my application was rejected three times and I should contact the staff.

It is trolling and gaslighting by PPH staff. It is unprofessional and unethical behaviour.

So, if you want to give your time and efforts to people who do not respect firstly themselves by behaving mean and then you, by playing trolling jokes to you, you may do it by connecting to People Per Hour staff.

ke15549
3/8/19

Hi, my document was rejected. Last year I had passed this verification already and I have no clue why I have to go through all that again, such a waste of time! I haven't changed any of my details, so what's the reason?

Anyway, last time I have passed this verification with the same address confirmation as I sent this time. This time it was rejected and I was asked for utility bills instead or a document with my photo and address (DOES NOT EXIST OFFICIALLY IN THIS COUNTRY!!!). As you see from my ID I am Ukrainian, my address is in Turkey. I am a foreigner here and I'm renting a flat. All the bills are on my landlord's name.The only type of address confirmation for citizens and other residents is a paper from Nufus (governmental office) that has a QR code so you can check the authenticity online. This document NEVER has a photo attached to it, this is how it works in this country and I cannot override it (unless I become the president LOL) or get a special customised version in order to match your requirements. My Ukrainian photo ID doesn't reflect my address either (neither Ukrainian nor Turkish).

Since you are positioning yourself as an international site your requirements should consider that some people are living in a different country and their situation with obtaining papers is different as well. Different types of documents are available - such is life. This is really discriminating and make zero sense as well.

If this situation is not solved - just treat this a an account closure request, I will carry on working with Upwork, Freelancer and Guru where they accommodate freelancers despite their nationality and country of residence.

This website is the biggest pain in the neck in terms of ID verification. So long and complicated, absolutely unclear and inflexible. I will share my experience on freelancers forums and various review websites as I find this extremely annoying.

Also, if the extra documents are required, why don't you let me know about that straight away? Why did you fail to inform me? Just got this unpleasant "surprise" when trying to withdraw my funds despite the fact that previous withdrawals were fine. I see you are trying to make freelancer's experience as much uncomfortable as possible. Have to admit you are succeeding well in it.

Is there any chance if I can concentrate on working to make money for myself and feeding you with commission instead of participating in this ID verification quests over and over again?

debf46
3/3/19

Don't ever let this criminal outfit have your personal information. they do not abide by UK privacy Laws and will abuse your data. Nothing you will do will stop them spamming you. Messaging them, threatening them with legal action, pressing unsubscribe on emails, nothing will stop them. Engage with this awful company at your peril.

marcot56
3/1/19

I intended to find a contractor via People Per Hour, pre-funded my advert but, when I decided to cancel (I had already found what I needed elsewhere) they decided to keep anyway 10% of the money I had deposited in case the job had gone ahead, only refunding me 90% of the amount. I consider this a scam.

ericz36
1/29/19

I placed an order for my website. My request was to revamp website simply, use my existing Contact Us form, and use the same fields etc, this was agreed and accepted by freelancer for GBP 45.00 to which I also agreed.

Initially was developed with few errors, which I asked the freelancer to fix it. But the Contact Us form was playing up, again I asked him to fixed, which was eventually fixed it. Then I got invoice for GBP 55.00, even though I had not agreed to this price, but I still paid it.
As soon as I paid the invoice, the website start playing up, images were scattered on the website, and the Contact US form was not working.
When I complained the freelancer fixed the images, but till today the Contact Us page is not working, now the a representative from PeoplePerHour is asking me to work with freelancer, and the freelancer is NOT DOING ANYTHING to fix the problem.
However he is accusing my hosting provider that their servers are not working. But I proved that the servers are working fine, I used thier website tool to create a simple Contact US page form.. including Newspaper Subscription, and all are working 101%.

And now the freelancer has gone quiet and not doing anything to fix it!

Please DO NOT USE PEOPLE PER HOUR, WISH I HAD READ COMMENTS BEFORE I PLACED AN ORDER. BECAUSE THIER RATING IS APPALLING..
I AM FED UP WITH PEOPLEPERHOUSE TEAM!!!!
I WILL NEVER USE THIER SERVICES AGAIN!!

heenalg
12/4/18

The seller is supposed to provide a Guest post on BeforeItsNews.com. He has provided a below fake link that takes me to homepage. There is absolutely no delivery from the seller. I have communicated with PPH but they have rejected my claim and PPH has blocked my account just because I raised this with PayPal.

michaelk780
11/26/18

too bad experience high charges i buy an hourly last week and pay 10 gbp extra for buyer fee why i pay buyer fee when a hourly charge me instead ?

candsg
11/26/18

Having been a Buyer on this site and worked as a seller, I have to say that preference is shown to Buyers. High rates charged for work completed, advertising add ons which seem overly expensive, no prior vetting of any freelancers, no access to funds paid when refunded (you are given a credit instead of an actual refund)
Commission fees are in excess of 20% for sellers, poor customer service, charges to lodge a dispute, most processes including refunds being automated and often carried out in error with no recourse to issues being remedied...

Would not recommend.

jermaint
11/10/18

I had 5000 usd in my pph account when I withdrawal it they took it for them selves and never sent it to my paypal account I dont recommend anyone to use this service

annep135
11/9/18

This is what I have just written - as I deactivated my account - in their 'reasons for leaving' box.

Username anneparish@yahoo.co.uk
First name Anne
Last name Parish
Deactivation Reason Other
The site is a joke. It should be called 'Slaves for any length of time you like!' You may have started out with good intentions - let businesses who need just a one-off job completed that cannot be filled by current staff find another business or freelance who can do that form them. Instead you have allowed the site to be populated in the main by people looking for slaves to do work for pennies. Some of your members will be desperate for work and so will take on some of these ludicrously priced and often unrealistic projects - if they were employed in the workplace you, as their employer, would be prosecuted for not meeting minimum spay levels! There is one advertiser asking for full translations of animated websites in many languages for around £35 per job! Another which has just been added - #2204609 - wants a week's ( and despite her thoughts it's probably much more than a week) high level expertise for £200! That's £800 per month - less than £10k per annum! I've just noticed another new post - design a 4 page website for £45!! Not per hour - for the job! I've also read one recently from a foreign student in a UK University who wanted someone to write her thesis in perfect UK English as she had failed before and needed to pass this semester and wouldn't be able to because of her English!! She was studying English!!! This is against the law. The site calls itself 'People Per Hour' - yet almost all jobs are set at ludicrously low 'fixed prices'. If it's supposed to be by the hour then make people post their jobs at an hourly rate. Please note also that your own 'match' service is crap! Just because you trawl ads and find one that says the word 'write' doesn't mean it is for a writer. The most recent one you sent me is for a lawyer!! Sort out your own house. I just thought it would be a nice sideline for me as I love to write and now have some time on my hands. However I don't need work and I don't need money - so not pandering to the wants of your unscrupulous ( in the main) advertisers is easy for me to do. It's not easy for those desperate for work. By allowing the site to continue to offer jobs at less than minimum wage is simply criminal and you should be fixing a minimum hourly rate per job that matches current pay legislation in the countries targeted. As I said, you are exploiting people desperate for work by ensuring they have no choice but to take on these jobs. In the workplace this is illegal and I am not sure that what you are allowing your site to become is not the same. If you simply ensured that each criteria had a minimum per hour requirement this would ensure that you didn't continue to drive down the market. **And please don't bother to respond to say that there are many satisfied companies out there - of course there will be as they will have found a good source of cheap labour. And of course there are probably a few who are offering good rates to the right people for the right job - but it is clear from a quick look at the site that these are going to be few and far between.. in fact my microscope hasn't found one yet. Wake up and see what you are doing. Set minimum hourly requirements for jobs and give people a decent chance to earn a decent income and drive out the unscrupulous. Anne I note that you say you delete reviews when an account is deactivated...so I've kept a copy of this one for my own use.

Anne

kylef66
10/27/18

Den of snakes, money grubbing opportunists. They will bleed you for every penny. Freelancers are treated like dirt.

alintonm
10/14/18

i buy a hourly of 20$ but when a summary of the order shown he cut my 22.5 usd why ?????

if you cut extra then why you not tell on gig ????

vivianm65
7/19/18

I hasve been writing with them for about two years and have had decent success until last summer. Since that time I have found a number of scammers, been threatened by one company who did not like me asking questions and had others try to get me to disobey the rules of PPH. I choose to work within their framework. My most recent client has just accused me of plagiarism, copying work to Google and generally cheating them. I always check my work thoroughly before presenting it. I do not know what happened. I was on a proposal and had asked to discontinue due to illness. I had written several blogs and articles for them and now they will not pay me. PPH wants us to settle it, but the buyer will not cooperate. The buyer deposited $300 in my escrow account for the work they wanted and are now demanding a full refund. I deserve to be paid for my work. I don't feel that PPH is vetting their buyers as well as they used to and I know longer feel safe with them. I really enjoy freelance writing and will have to look for another site to find work.

Tip for consumers: Keep track of your work and always proofread and verify.

dans440
7/11/18

I've lost money, time and trust for a service which DID NOT DELIVER. I expected the PPH service to be great, however with my first main request for work just now ended in the seller NOT meeting any of my requirements, my request for a refund REJECTED, and now my account being BLOCKED because I informed PayPal.

There may be some genuine guys n gals within the PPH community, but for me it did not work, and in my experience PPH did NOT provide the "Buyer Protection" which you pay for in the fees.

AVOID!!

karusunek
7/2/18

PeoplePerHour is an incredibly sketch Fiverr clone that doesn't really work all that well for freelancers. They are engaged in illegal email marketing campaigns that will not remove your email address if you want them to. I would highly recommend avoiding them completely.

mattm297
6/22/18

Nothing but aggravation from day 1 - everything you try to do is "rejected... Rejected... Rejected" with nothing but the most generic ts & cs explanation, including attempts to withdraw YOUR OWN HARD-EARNED MONEY! From my last job they took 25% in fees. I have now demanded that they give me what I have earnt and close my account - I am not hopeful. All a massive waste of my time.

ahsanr4
6/21/18

People Per Hour is not a company; they are Big Time Scammers and Thieves. I started working with them in September 2017 and I kept working with them till June 2018. My profile was verified and everything was perfect. I earned up to $2000 and I was thinking to withdraw them (it would be my first withdrawal) but I received an email that my account has been permanently deactivated for some unknown reason. I was fainted; it was my hard earned $2000 which I earned over a course of 9 months. I contacted them to reactivate my account they responded but as soon as I asked them to release my money they stopped replying to my emails. I am depressed now and waiting for a miracle so that I can get my hard earned money back. Stay away from People Per Hour; they are a bunch of scammers and thugs!

robertg647
6/12/18

High fees for freelancers, hidden fees for buyers (total 32% goes to PPH) endless spam, despite setting on privacy...Support is non existant on the site no contact form no phone number, you need to email support@peopleperhour.com for a response

shoebs1
6/3/18

they are the worst that i have seen, zero transparency and no accountability whatsoever

I created an account and got an order, i finished it and created invoice, but i received email that my invoice has been rejected because my account is not verified, so i uploaded my ID proof and address proof, my id proof was approved but address proof was rejected and reason was Please send us an actual photo of your proof of address. Now note that address proof was a bank statement which was in pdf format so i thought that may be they need it in image format (also because ID proof was in image format and was approved), so i sent it again in image format, but it was rejected again for the same reason. when i sent an email to support they said we will need an actual photograph, not a scanned or electronic file. Now i dont see the difference between photograph and a scanned copy because details are showing in both files, but i still gave it another try and it was rejected again for the same reason.

Now i couldnt see a solution, my document was being rejected for the same lame reason again and again, email support was giving the same useless response, i had an uninvoiced order and my money was stuck.

So i wrote this same issue in their forum, and guess what!!! i suddenly somehow violated their terms of use and they deactivated my account. Here is the email i recieved, let me know if it makes sense to anyone of you.

We would like to inform you that your account has been suspended because it appears that you violated our policies.

All members accounts are at the discretion of PPH, and our commitment is to insure the safety and security of all our users.

We kindly invite you to read up on our Terms and Conditions to be certain you understand the rules for participating on PeoplePerHour.

Note that they neither cared to tell me what policies i violated and what about my money which they put hold on nor there is any way to appeal to reinstate an account.

So basically they can keep you money and their is ZERO accountability, no transparency and no explanation whatsoever

use peopleperhour at your own risk, only if you are ready to lose your hard earned money without any explanation.

Just google it, there are so many people complaining about the same thing, i thought may be they did something wrong but sometimes you learn things hard way.

sabdera
4/26/18

Finally I have got PPH very helpful! Now I am really satisfied with their support and services. But I think they should warn freelancers/clients at first before taking final action against their account. Because an account is a career of a freelancer.

alih32
4/24/18

Just don't bother trying. Worst service ever. You will only wast your time and money. No customer service number

morsheda1
4/11/18

* I am completed more than 10 project in this site.
* Multiple time I withdrawn money from this site.
* all finished project has 5 stars.

Present situation:
My payoneer account under review. thats mean i am not able to withdrawn money from this site anymore. hahahaha

My question
* How i witdrean money before?
* How i got approval before with same documents?.
* Is it time to delete this account?

4/5/2018
Finally PPH Deleted my Account without paid my money, I am not unhappy or sad but i want to give them thanks for it because they help me to save my time.

dand245
4/8/18

It was OK until this year.
Here is how it works now:

jasnan1
4/3/18

I've been registered as a freelancer on PPH for several months now. It's not easy to get jobs in the beginning because competition is fierce, but if you keep submitting proposals and make sure they are realistic the work will come and then the positive feedback.

I have had no problems getting paid for the work I have done and you can be sure of getting paid as buyers/employers must pay a deposit before they can hire.

There are some shoddy buyers that want quality work for peanuts, but it doesn't take long to spot these and the scammers. The most obvious one is that if they want to communicate outside the platform, the will most likely scam you out of work.

Overall, I'm pretty happy with PPH and the work is become more and more frequent.

By William W.

They are $#*!s. Stay away.

By P E.

It's obvious by the timestamps that the majority of these positive reviews are fake. This site looks like a site that's worse than fivver. If you use any of their services to drive traffic to your website, no doubt you'll be penalized by google. Stay far away from this site. There has not been so much scum and villany in one place since Mos Isles space bar on Tatooine

By Bryon M.

A: They are not interested in answering queries and questions = the best way of getting a message across to the Wally that runs the site is to get involved in one of their Webinars = that by the way, is the only reason anyone would want to take part in them!!

By William W.

Questions? Get answers from the PeoplePerHour staff and other customers.

1 Photo for PeoplePerHour