Review of Fiverr

Tel: 972-3-6317882
support@fiverr.com

veronicam147
2/16/19

After my negative experience with Upwork I've been suggested to try out Fiverr. I wasn't really sure at first, but then I decided to try it out and create an account there as well, which I honestly regret.

I spent half a day creating a proper profile with at least two big gigs. I even followed tips and tricks all around to be sure I was doing things properly and that said gigs would make me earn and gain experience soon enough.

Well, once again, that was all for nothing.

The thing is, there are a lot of sellers who advertise Fiverr like the best place to make easy money while that doesn't seem to be true. First of all, the moment you are done with your gig and ready to apply for jobs, you simply find out there is no real way to do that. The site doesn't even explain this and I had to Google "how to apply for jobs on Fiverr" in order to figure it out. You can open the buyer requests that should be tied to your gig and tags, but the problem is whenever I checked that section, there literally were 0 requests from 0 buyers... meaning no jobs I could apply to.

I waited for some time, polishing the gigs every now and then, only to remove my account in the end. Not recommended.

tomt304
2/9/19

The most unprofessional, disrespectful, and scammer crew on the net! We ask the Internet Authorities please to stop giving power to 5th Country's people who just have money! Let them get into the projects only as silent partners if you need badly their investments! Fiverr idea was good at the first not now, but it was opened and run by the wrong people... We ask the right people to open a better one...

janl140
2/5/19

I have had problems in the past with Fiverr but decided to try once more. I am now DONE. The seller charged me twice for a job that was delivered in unusable condition. So I asked for help. The "Help Desk" solved NOTHING!! and closed the case.

wordpressd
1/26/19

For freelancer anyone account can be disabled anytime without any proper explanation or verification. Any completed order with 5 stars review can be cancelled any time even its 3 months later, so there is no guarantee you will get paid after your work! If you are client and want to do fraud activity in fiverr you can easily do, after getting your service you can get 100% refund, just contact with their support or make a dispute in paypal or credit card vendor, you will get refund.

niallj5
1/25/19

This scumbag company has robbed a hard working man. Voice over pete. for thousands of dollars. Worst company ever

coltonh12
1/22/19

Horrible company with terrible practices.

Do not support this company.

Do not spend money on any service here.

ajs44
1/19/19

I have figured out!
Fiverr company tries to protect his sellers!

If you give them negative feedback, it will remove the seller for you but not from the system. They will still work normally!
In short your review wouldn't display for that seller!

Trick- Fiverr will only show you positive feedbacks mainly 5 Stars to get more work on board!

It happens! No worries!
I wasted my money!
But you shouldn't!

georgiosm4
1/16/19

Good community. There are some really genuine people in this community that will try to please you. The only problem you have is who to choose. Also I dont like that we cannot change our username and the user must create a new profile.

jacksonm58
1/14/19

Would rate zero stars if possible.

This site will allow scam artists to use your phone number, basically participating in blatant identify theft, and then keep your phone number of record after the fake account has been deleted, so it will be physically impossible for you to EVER use their service. Not that you want to use their service.

The site also allows its buyers to carry out theft, stealing the money you are entitled to for completing the work, without so much as even investigating the fraudster. This site fully allows its users to carry out fraud. I'm surprised they have not yet been sued into oblivion.

I guess this is just typical of companies based out of Israel, a non-existent country run by religious zealots and terrorists. Yet another terrible experience with yet another terrible Israel-based company.

99.99% of the services on this site are absolutely fake. The last thing i purchased on this garbage site was a logo. The 'expert' buyer wasn't even able to understand English and didn't seem capable of even basic photoshop/illustrator work. The 'logo' I paid for and received was an illegible pile of grey pixels that quite literally looked as if a child vomited on the screen.

christinecleopatrad
1/13/19

I've had an account on Fiverr for many years. In 2013 I disabled it because of too much problems. The support acted like Gods and deleted gigs, too many of the competition gave bad reviews and too many wanted freebies - claiming they asked for free for a good cause!
I started a new account in 2016 or 17 and thought I would try again. No visitors only and the same show. This time I offered giant deals for a "fiverr"! They deleted my videos, they stopped my gigs and claimed they couldn't be true. I sent proof and when I did -they claimed I had multiple accounts. No good place, they've stepped away from the indie artists and focus only on already high paid people that work beside their normal business. It's expensive for the customers and its not a deal when more brilliant artists don't get a chance. (I'm not an artist but I did offer a huge promo deal)! Bad move Fiverr, very bad business spirit!

sarahs704
1/11/19

I've been on there for 3 years and they decide to disable my account permanently after purchasing a service from my fiance. Their customer support is dirty. Don't deal with them

brianc496
1/4/19

What attracted people to Fiverr was the $5 gigs. Now they've changed that all. I see gigs for $800 +. I am already looking for another service or someone to make one that goes back to basics and everything that Fiverr used to be. I have no idea why so many businesses make this stupid mistake. Greed????

ravir41
1/1/19

This is the worst freelancing company ever, why?
They remove any buyer or seller at any given time for no reason while the customer support is terrible while they do not want customers, its not at all their focus.

derrickj27
12/31/18

It can be a good site for making money or purchasing a service. But the rate at which they disable account without investigation sucks. One minute you are a top seller, the next minute your account is permanently disabled. The cry is both for buyers and sellers, and do not even do conclusive investigations on any issue.
They ought to do better, other freelance websites are becoming more attractive now

thomasn128
12/26/18

I have been a seller on Fiverr for several years, reaching Level Two status.

In order reach the higher levels, Fiverr have a series of milestones an account must reach such as reaching a certain numbers of completed orders while maintaining a high level of feedback and meeting delivery deadlines.

In order to stay a Level Two sellers, a seller must maintain these levels. However, since competition is sometimes high, it is possible to

By simply placing orders, then cancelling them with a seller, you are able to impact that seller's ratings, and therefore remove him/her from the top slots of the Fiverr search results. This will impact his/her earnings and as good as erase any good standing he/she has earned.

This has happened to me and Fiverr support have told me they have no way to counter this.

findi
12/24/18

I've had an account for a while that has allowed me to make an extra income as a seller. Unfortunately, I ran into a scammer buyer. After providing agreed upon service, of which they highly approved, I was shocked months later when I received a notice that a refund was to me given for the jobs following a cancellation of the order. Turns out this very common and the seller ends up losing. So I followed up with their customer support. BIG MISTAKE! This people are not only unhelpful, not interested in your problem, but also have a hint of malice in them. Should you send a query and follow up on it, they'll take action - just not the one you expect. They'll find any excuse to find you in violation of their precious "ToS" and close down your account. Yet they had no problem with your services earlier. Awesome! Just like magic. Should you find any review complementing their CS please ignore it. It has been probably written by one of their clearly incompetent CS members. All they ever send are pre-written messages that are general and not specific. Should you push with an issue you run the risk of being shut out of fiverr. For those still on the platform, should you ever run into a problem, find an alternate way of addressing it. Else you'll have your hard earned cash locked with your account - very unfortunate. Sellers receive no protection on the platform. You are supposed to tolerate abusive clients, take orders that no longer interest you among a host of other annoying buyer habits that CS should help you solve.
Secondly, they take a huge chunk of you earnings. 20% of each coin made belongs to the platform. This is abit too much. Buyers too complain when you charge highly to compensate for the fees amount as they too pay high fees as the amount increases.
Don't put all your eggs in one basket on this one.

Tip for consumers: Buyer and seller beware - plenty of scammers here and no protection offerd. Customer support is no help either. Be prepared to bee bullied by buyers and customer support as well.

brandonm98
12/22/18

A lot of service on her are illegitimate. And there's usually a communication barrier than you have to get through. I would like to be able to update reviews!

Tip for consumers: Be careful what services you choose!

laryssah
12/21/18

I spent the money and was guaranteed a product in 24 hours. 4 days later, NOTHING! I was able to get the order canceled after Another 24 hours and 5 days later STILL can't get anyone to help me get a refund. Their link doesn't work and there's no phone number to speak to a human being. Terrible experience!!!!! I wish I could give ZERO stars!!

anthonyb369
12/19/18

Hello, my name is Anthony. I'm a 25 year old CEO with a Bachelor's Degree in Sociology and my own global music marketing company. I have been a top ranked seller on Fiverr for over 3 years with close to $70k in sales. When you type in music promotion or music blogs on Fiverr we are the top search result. My business was founded on Fiverr several years ago and I absolutely loved Fiverr. I continued to grow with this company as they evolved and all of our gigs were top rated with thousands of five star reviews.

Fiverr transformed my life in a multitude of ways. I have used the revenue I generated on your platform to travel around the world and pay off student loan and credit card debt. I was very surprised when my account was unexpectedly closed due to what appear to be simple misunderstandings that Fiverr does not seem to want to work with me to rectify. To add to this, Fiverr has no working phone number and the only way I was able to speak with a supervisor was by doing a lot of researching, finding the personal number of an ex-Fiverr employee, calling him at home and getting the contact info for a current employee, there whole system sucks! For a multi-BILLION dollar company you would think they would have a WORKING PHONE NUMBER, but clearly they are only concerned with cutting cost and increasing profit, a business like this is doomed to fail in the future. The owner's are simply way too greedy!!! They jacked the fees up to 20% for buyer's and seller's, meaning they keep 40% of all revenue you generate, this is insane!!! Also, when I reached out to the CEO on Twitter to try to get assistance and explain the issue, he blocked me!!!

Anyhow, back to the issue at hand here. My Fiverr account Bosshogg777 was closed about a month and a half ago due to what 'Jay' (head of Fiverr customer support) said was multiple TOS violations, which I firmly do not believe occur as depicted.
I've been a freelancer on Fiverr for over 3+ years with over $65,000 in sales. Jay mentioned my account was closed for low quality of service, mis-delivering orders, and multiple chargebacks. To clarify, I was a top ranked seller on Fiverr (#1 in music promotion) for 3+ years with over $65,000 in revenue. If we rendered low quality deliveries or mis-delivered orders, we wouldn't have an average rating of 4.9 stars and have thousands of clients, many of which are repeat clients whom we've developed personal relationships with over the course of several years.

The only time I mis-delivered an order is when the buyer didn't provide the gig requirements in time so I simply sent him a message requesting that the buyer provide the info required so we can complete the gig. I was unaware this is a TOS violation and that you can use the resolution center to request additional time if the buyer doesn't respond or send the gig requirements in time. I didn't know where this feature was located on the site but now I see it has been included with the order. This in itself should not warrant having my account that I built up for years permanently closed. I do take responsibility for this, but in my defense this occurred one time, not multiple times and was simply due to my ignorance which is no excuse, but certainly shouldn't warrant the closure of my account.

To further expand on this, Jay said we received 25 chargebacks over the course of 3 years and he said this was solely due to poor quality of services rendered. However, I disagree with this firmly because all of these buyers left 5 star reviews and never mentioned to me or Fiverr that they had an issue with there order or wanted a refund. They engaged in deliberate and intentional fraud in attempt to get services for free. We should NOT be penalized this and there is nothing to substance the claim that the chargebacks were due to low quality of services.

Currently, Fiverr has no system in place to protect buyers from sellers doing chargebacks because you require no in depth level of security, such as requiring a buyer to submit a copy of there driver's license or identification card to verify there identity when they sign up for an account.

Essentially, the only ramification the buyer will face is potentially getting a warning or having there account closed. However, that doesn't suffice and they could simply sign up for a new account and do the same thing again to other sellers. This is a severe vulnerability with your site that should be addressed immediately and I certainly should not be punished for chargebacks due to fraud. In addition, 25 chargebacks on 6,000+ orders is a very LOW percentage, less then 1/2 of 1% of all orders we've completed over 3+ years. I personally do not like chargebacks and I take a loss every time this occurs but it is infrequent and I write it off as part of doing business online. I would like to work with Fiverr on implementing news ways in which we can protect buyers from chargebacks and improve the overall security of the Fiverr marketplace.

Does mis-delivering one order because the buyer didn't send the gig requirements in time and having less then 1/2 of 1% of all orders we've result in chargebacks warrant having our top ranked seller account closed? I do not understand the logic behind this decision considering my business was founded on Fiverr and we have generated a tremendous amount of revenue for Fiverr. We have excellent metrics and customer reviews and our revenue has increased greatly every year. All of our gigs have thousands of 5 star reviews, many of which are from repeat clients. We have made nearly $70,000 in sales over 3 years and this number would have continued to increase if our account wasn't closed.
Fiverr generates 40% of all revenue from buyer and seller fees. The amount of revenue I've generated for this company from my high sales should be recognized as well as all of my hard work and diligence with delivering orders on time and having excellent reviews and metrics. I do not feel like I am being treated fairly or with respect, nor do I understand why they would want to close my account rather then work with me to rectify any issues.

I do appreciate the opportunity to make a new account, which they have reluctantly allowed me to do, but starting from scratch will take years to build back what I have lost. Imagine if someone took away your whole Fiverr business and told you to go found a new company and you lost access to all your clients and revenue. This has also put me in a very bad predicament. I'm a U.S. expat living overseas and I work remotely. I depend on this income to survive. Now all of my credit cards are maxed out and I've missed multiple payments because I've had my livelihood taken away from me. I went from making $3-5k a month to $200-300. It is so bad sometimes I don't sleep at night or wonder how I will pay my rent or buy groceries. I wouldn't wish what happened to me on my worst enemy.

In addition, they are preventing me from accessing nearly $2,000 in revenue from sales I've already COMPLETED for 90 days!!! This in itself should be illegal!!!

I've taken many losses in life from watching my father pass away suddenly from a massive heart attack when I was 10 years old and having to be the man of the house and raise my younger siblings to watching my mother go through chemotherapy for breast and skin cancer and losing several family members and friends to drugs, violence, and death but I do not feel like I should be punished for simple misunderstandings that can be corrected. This whole thing has turned my world and life as I knew it upside down.

I eat, sleep and breathe Fiverr. If you look at the thousands of reviews we've accumulated on ALL of our gigs, you will see I only provided the highest quality of services, hence the thousands of positive reviews, comments, and average rating of 4.9 stars on all of our gigs.

What they have done to me is beyond fathomable. Now I am in the process of pursuing this legally and have an attorney who will ensure they get what they deserve.

It should also be noted this company, Fiverr, and it's CEO Micha Kaufman have an F rating with the BBB as well as numerous complaints.

#fiverr #michakaufman #bosshogg777

support@fiverr.com
jays@fiverr.com
fiverr.com
bosshogg777

Tip for consumers: AVOID IT AT ALL COSTS

stevej281
12/18/18

Our non profit just purchased a news release distribution from a supposedly United States seller on Fiverr. Here is what we wrote to Fiverr about the seller. There is complete fraud from this seller. I have been on Fiverr for years and no one has scammed the public more than this person. All their supposed outlets are fake, dead twitter accounts, made up newspapers, etc. They give live urls to what they published but it's not attached to anything real. It is like they have these 500 fake links to something they own. They give a link but when you go to any of their outlets it doesn't exist. When I try to ask for the contact information to websites or news outlets they don't have any. They have somehow managed to create a fake similar url and attach it to real live outlets. Many of the background layouts are similar from news site to news site which is impossible. All the still active twitter accounts all started in 2012 and look exactly alike which is impossible to be real. I spent $183.75 which I need refunded to me immediately. Their language doesn't appear to be from the United States. And the more I asked for information the more they said it was my fault if you can believe that. I have put considerable time researching this person's action at a huge cost but I need this refunded now.

destinyh24
12/15/18

SCUM OF THE DEADSEA!!!!!!!!
Put them out of business!!!!!!!
Smelly mutton mutha$#*!ers!!!!
.........................................?????????..,.?.,,?.""".'.?

josephc489
12/2/18

I paid $210 to fiverr seller to redesign my webiste to be just like a similiar industry website. The guy made it "look" like the other site but it was not functional when order was complete. I complained and he tried to fix it but it was one thing after another. I gave him all passwords and access to do the job yet i was doing all the back channel work. Then CUSTOMER SUPPORT basically told me too bad because he is trying to work with me, they did this 3 times with 3 different customer service reps and 3 different emails. Basically demeaning me to grovel and beg for refund. They said it was not an issue about quality but that the job was completed (only because they send email and give you 3 days to respond) yet after completed or really not completed the seller kept trying to fix his incompetence . These guys are not comprehensive in their promise of what work will be done and just low ball the price from usually somewhere in pakistan or india. NO QUALITY CONTROL. Dont waste your money!!

billys129
11/30/18

Fiverr is a $#*! website for seller, they don't think about seller. Only think about buyer. if seller do well, still fiverr aggressive about seller, nothing to say

manuelp13
11/30/18

I am a seller there for 6 years now. I was a 2 stars seller in the last 4 years.
They have strict rules and most often penalize correct sellers for absurd reasons. You have no control in refusing dishonest buyers.

Their new ranking system is awful... because of one single Mutual canceled order and no negative feedback (it has happened to be sick and unable to work), i was demoted from 2 stars seller to ZERO!

Tip for buyers: You can find good sellers if you know how to choose...

chrisf313
11/26/18

Fiverr company is a scam artist. The *people offering services* are honest though, but not Fiverr. Fiverr's referral program specifies "earn up to $100" with terms to refer "only personal friends". I referred my neighbors and roommates. Fivverr -- for no valid reason , only AFTER my friends made purchases --- accused me of having "linked accounts", **with no proof** and blocked my account that had $5 cash in it. So Fiverr stole money from me and now I can't access my account. Fiverr breached THEIR OWN terms of service. Their referral program is a pathetic scam.It is obvious Fiverr has no intent to honor their referral fee promise. They are happy to take people's money and breach their own terms of service and make up new terms when it suits them. Their customer service is pathetic - I sent them screenshots, etc and instead of engaging in a conversation, they just BLOCKED me. Again they were happy to take my friend's money but not give ME the money for referring them. SO UNETHICAL.

4 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

I used Fiverr for my company logo. The guy lives in Vietnam and speak minimal English. I paid for an upgraded package with an unlimited amount of revisions, 3 original logos, stationary and Facebook as well as Twitter page covers. What does unlimited mean if a revision takes 24 hours and each revision is correcting spelling mistakes or telling him you don't want a green dog in your logo, I want a natural looking dog. His response is "you choose font and gives you a pale old lady stockings colour dog" instead of a white Dalmatian with black dots or a brown German Shepard. In the end I used an online translator to translate my requests from English to Vietnamese. He told me to sketch something and he'd make something. If I could sketch something then I would do my own logo. The one logo that I liked was the one I gave him all my ideas for. All he did was put it together in the right format. I was so frustrated with his other two attempts that I said ok give me the first logo with stationary and everything I've paid for. I got the most basic design, no stationary or headers. Did I go through customer service? OF COURSE! Throughout this whole ordeal. I described every little detail. Each time a different person would reply and say "I can understand your frustration and I will contact him". Only to have him return with the same dog in orange or turquoise and every time customer service would spit out the same line "I can understand your frustration and I will contact him. We see he is responding to you within 24 hours so for us that means you are trying to work things out. I want my money back! Sorry we can't give you your money back. The seller has received his money and its up to him to give you any money back if he so chooses. It was a dreadful experience. I ended up using an online logo maker and I loved it. PLUS it actually cost less. I'm now doing my own website. If you have the patience then try to do it yourself. Do NOT skimp on your website. The way the world is run today you want your website and all social media presence to correctly reflect your quality. If at the end I'm not happy with my website I will go to a professional and pay what it costs. Hope this helped and good luck

By Dina L.

All I can say id Fiverr is the BIGGEST SCAM going. Had to dispute the charges through my bank to get the money back

By Lori P.

stay far away from fiverr. I paid a guy to do some work and proved with third party techniques they used bots for fake views to my site..yet this guy had many many great reviews..you cannot trust this site whatsoever. stick with paypal as you most likely will get nowhere with fiverr.

By kevin c.

If you want a site designed to steal credit card data from hard-working, civilized people, please use Fiverr. It is designed for one thing: to take your credit card data and leave you to deal with a mess. More details, reply or search for my previous posts.

By Terry H.

Don't trust anybody who can not properly complete an English sentence. That's my advice.

By rich i.

The answer is plain simple NO! You will get your followers, yes! but they are all bots, so you will lose 90% of the followers the same week, might as well throw this 5 bucks in the air.

By Kat L.

I've had 28 orders and all but two were very satisfactory. Most were PDFform building or business card templates, but I had s few design logos for me then used the one I liked. Buyers: it's cheap. Remember that. When the service is good I tip generously then use the same person. I get great service, often in one day. When I order, I add express service and have yet to be disappointed. It's a business model without customer service. Face it. If you want customer service, go to Nordstroms or Nieman Marcus. Do a better job selecting your service provider; be clear in the order, and overpay.

By Henly M.

There is very little in the world that is unique. You have to trust or spend a lot more $$$ or do it yourself

By Robert D.

I would suggest having nothing whatsoever to do with Fiverr. When things go wrong - and that happens a LOT - there is no customer support line to call. They make it very difficult (in my own case, impossible) to resolve any problems. Read the evaluation reviews- they are extremely negative. My advice: find another site on which to offer your services. DG

By D G.

I know I have to wade through a lot of questionable sellers to get a good one. Happy hunting. There are good ones out there though.

By L M.
Questions? Get answers from the Fiverr staff and other customers.

Fiverr?