PDA Plaza

Trustpilot
2.8 / 5
ResellerRatings
4.4 / 5

PDA Plaza has a consumer rating of 3.8 stars from 30 reviews indicating that most customers are generally satisfied with their purchases. PDA Plaza ranks 23rd among Mobile Accessories sites.

This company responds to reviews on average within 4 hours

Positive reviews (last 12 months): 81.3%
How would you rate PDA Plaza?

“Worth the money”

Chris B.
8/3/21

Recently I bought a OnePlus 9 from PDAPlaza and my phone was shipped only a few days late but nothing outrageous. They offered me a better deal than OnePlus did on their website. My only complaint is that the phone is a Chinese model not North American version, therefore I did not get the Qi wireless charging option included. Disappointed, yes but still worth the money.

“Dont waste your time here”

Robert A.
10/28/21

This business is shady as customer service is very poor. People who answered the phone are working from home and would tell you they don't have access to your business. Bull$#*!! Im tired dealing with them. They promised that my order has been delivered but the truth is that they o ly created shipping label from Canadapost online to proved to me that it has been shipped. Days have passed and no movement on the tracking so thats why I suspect them that something is wrong. Tried to email them but to no avail. I will still try to contact you to cancel my order. $#*!ty business.

roberta2618
October 28th, 2021

Ace G. – PDA Plaza Rep

Hello Robert, we apologize for any inconvenience. You called our sales department which did not have access to your shipments.
I see that the tracking number is active. When you received the label, the courier had around 5 packages, including yours, that had not been scanned yet by the Post Office at that time. The tracking is active, please check again. Thank you!

bend246
November 13th, 2019

It's legit and they will ship your phone, eventually. Keyword: eventually. When it says 15-25 days to ship, it means realistically you'll wait about 2 months to get your phone. At least that was my experience, 25 days means 25 business days, which is about 6 weeks. When the deadline came around (6 weeks after paying for the order), they just started making various excuses why it will be delayed. From protests in Hong Kong causing slow shipping (really?) to delays at customs due to Thanksgiving, etc. Eventually got a free item to compensate for the delay, but it did take about 55 days to receive the phone. Also note they are Russian people based in Montreal and they don't even try to hide it, the replies from their customer service were made in a russian e-mail client with russian characters (content written in English, but in my opinion this is very unprofessional). At least customer service is responsive.
Conclusion: It's actually much faster to order phones directly from Chinese websites, than from this "Canadian" retailer.

auldenm
June 29th, 2020

Was browsing on red flag deals and reddit for anything good and came upon this store. At first I was pretty skeptical about them due to the negative reviews on here but gave it a try with PayPal. I got myself a Samsung S10 and received it 25 work days later as noted. No problem with the phone and customer service was quick. I recommend this store to anyone who's willing to wait a bit. Salutations folks!

junes236
August 16th, 2020

When it states the 15-25 business days on their website, simply expect 2+ month, for the item to be "shipped".

Ace G. – PDA Plaza Rep

Hello June, what is your order number? We will deal with your issue promptly.

peters1474
December 16th, 2020

Thanks to PDA Plaza for quality products that work on Fido/ Rogers. I have a Huawei Mate 20x
And the new POCO X3. Any questions I had were answered so the purchases went smoothly.
PDA Plaza sells a Variety of phone Brands at all price points. Thanks again

chrisb2379
August 3rd, 2021

Cellphone

rickc537
October 6th, 2021

Sent back open box item there was battery problem.
They posted it and sold it still would not issue refund.
Emailed multiple times they kept giving date for refund but nothing

chrisn753
November 20th, 2021
Verified purchase

I Ordered the Asus Rog 5, after waiting 3 weeks they had to cancel because they didn't have to phone.

Hi Chris,

If you show our entire conversation, you would see that we warned you about the delays regarding this specific model, and you agreed to wait.

Once we confirmed that our supplier is still unable to get this model, we offered you another similar model that we can ship right away. You declined and ask the order to be cancelled. We apologize for any inconvenience. Sadly, things like this may happen during the shopping season.

But it is misleading to say that we randomly cancelled your order out of nowhere after 5 weeks. We never even charged you; your funds were always pending. We were always in touch with you and always gave you updates. It was your choice to wait for the phone, and it was your choice to cancel the order.

soniat89
November 21st, 2020

I write to know why i didnt have my order. Alex give me the excuse they have 25 day to send it to me. I count the day. And the 27 nov. That gonna be the time limite... And i didnt have yet news about my order... I think this is a scam... I dont suggest this company to no one... That is bad survice for online company... +. For cell company. When poeple order a phone. They need cell in top a week. Not in pass few month... And one star for your no survice is to much

Ace G. – PDA Plaza Rep

Hello Sonia, You bought an item on sale that ships within 15-25 business days after purchase. This message was shown when purchasing the item and you must read and accept it to move to checkout. You were fully aware of this timeframe.

There is no wrongdoing from our side. Your item will be shipped by the 25th business day.

If you bought the item for the full price, we would be able to receive and ship it within 5-10 business days.

cedricy5
August 27th, 2020

For weeks, I've been searching for a good and powerful smartphone to replace my now-dead iPhone 8.
At first, there weren't any good phones for a cheap price but I found them. They had exactly what I needed! I bought their Oppo Find X2 Pro on sale. Super cheap! I was even skeptical lol. I decided to give it a try. I'm truly glad I did!
Amazing device. I wrote this review using it!

lf313
June 26th, 2020

I ordered and purchased an iPhone on Feb 2,2020. After a lot of back and forth emails, Alex stated that they could not fulfill my order and would issue me a refund by June 24,2020.

On June 24, he stated that it was a holiday and that he would refund me right away on June 25th. It is now June 26th and I have received NO refund for the product.

I would have expected that if a company keeps your money for 5 months, the least they could do is refund you the full amount if you did not receive their product. Very disappointed in their business model. Will update IF I receive a refund from this company.

Ace G. – PDA Plaza Rep

Hello Leanne Fernandez, we have already done the refund. We had a small delay of 2 days due to COVID-19. Please be patient.

jaysonw22
May 26th, 2021
Verified purchase

Probably spent about 50-100 less than I would have anywhere else. The shipping time was roughly 3 weeks, but I wasn't in a huge rush so it was not big deal to me. Got the international version, so it still has some random parts are still in Chinese. Would buy from them again.

aleksandrb22
May 6th, 2021

I had never heard of this company before buying my phone. Did a bit of digging and found many good reviews, so I figured to try it. Was very happy that it was based in Canada, so no duty fees from USA which can sometimes discourage a purchase. Shipping took longer than I would have liked, but was as advertised. Overall happy with doing business with them.

Phone

briank948
June 6th, 2020

On April 22,2020 I purchased an Iphone XR 64GB A1984 for a total of $698.24 from PDAPlaza Canada,
On May 16,2020, PDA Plaza charged my credit card for $698.24

On May 21, I emailed PDA Plaza about the order and when it would be shipped. They replied it would be shipped by the end of the month. I emailed them back that day about the 15 to 25 day shipping policy. They replied it would be shipped by May 27.
On May 27, I emailed PDA Plaza about the status of the order. They replied, "Thank you for your purchase. We expect to receive and ship your order Monday. I apologize for the delay."
On June 1, I emailed PDA Plaza about a complete refund since I did not receive an email confirming the product was shipped by June 1. They replied, "Thank you for your purchase. I apologize for the delay. No problem, I contacted my account manager. The refund will happen within 72 hours,"
It is now June 6 and I still have not been notified that the refund has been sent.

BUYER BEWARE, unless you have the patience of a saint and can tolerate a longer wait then what they advertise, 15 to 25 days, then buy elsewhere! Unfortunately I do not have that much patience. They have collected my money and now will take as much time as they do to ship a phone to refund my money!

I have now contacted paypal. PDA Plaza has not replied even to paypal... yet. I have to wait 20 days, according to paypal, for them to respond. If they dont within the 20 days, paypal will "investigate"! I have also contacted my credit card company. They will take somewhere between 15 to 30 days to respond and hopefully refund the full amount to my credit card.

Hello Brian,

Your order was delayed due to unprecedented events caused by COVID-19, so you asked for a cancelation. We told you that you will receive the refund within 72 hours.

67 hours after you asked for the cancelation, you opened a PayPal dispute. Our website system would have done the refund automatically on hour 72.
Either way, we still did the refund within the given timeframe. Your funds are currently pending due to the PayPal dispute.

When refunds are done without an active PayPal dispute, they appear immediately in your account after a refund. But during a PayPal dispute, your funds take 7-10 days to appear back to your PayPal account after the refund.

We did the refund within the given timeframe and you simply shot yourself in the foot by opening a PayPal dispute that prolonged the time it takes for your funds to arrive at your account after the refund.

siegmundl
January 10th, 2021

This is a good shop for those who need to get good phones for god prices. They don't have much pdas but they do got the good kind of phones. I got mine from them and it has eben working great because amde th eight choice. They have not disappointed me since I started interacting with them. The lover is not fast though as one would expect.

kaylam200
August 17th, 2020

I really love my new phone! Even in light of the pandemic situation (with small delays) the service given was incredible. Thank you especially to Ira who always responded to my emails quickly!

Sent from my new iPhone :)

paramjitl
January 15th, 2021

I feel internally motivated to write this review. I want to recount my wonderful experience at PDAPlaza. I placed order for Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra cover, which incidentally was not available elsewhere on the internet. Mobilefun also had it but in Gray color, I was looking for black. It was at its usual price of $49. But the very next day I found it available at Bestbuy with $33 OFF, lucky me! But then I felt a bit put off because I had already ordered it. However, when I called this gentleman and honestly explained my situation he not only re-assured me it's ok to cancel the order but also refunded my money within less than a minute. For me it has added tons of credibility for the store and next time I will shop at PDAPlaza with greater confidence! My sincere thanks to the gentleman!

Tip for consumers:
every thing in the review

every thing in the review

vlado3
August 24th, 2020

Phone works great as expected.

The purchase and shipping process was handled smoothly and very informative replies for their customer reps. I will absolutely buy again from you fellas in a few years.

leonk62
July 4th, 2020

I ordered a Xiaomi from PDA plaza and I initially thought I made a mistake since it took a while but like everyone else said, when they do finally get the product to ship it's smooth sailing.

I would prefer that they not use an app that requires you to download if you want to see the shipping but that's not a deal breaker.

Adding a phone case bundle would be a smart choice but that's just a suggestion:)

Overall, the price was fair, the product arrived in perfect condition and the shipping time was reasonable providing the pandemic's interference

washih
November 25th, 2020

Just got my iPhone 12 Pro Max 128gb! I got the one in stock from them and received it in a week. It costed me a bit more than getting the ones on backorder but at least i didnt need to wait long. Highly recommend them! Will update if i find any issues or news.

yuweig
December 1st, 2020

I was looking for a LG wing so badly, but this phone does not release in Canada, PDAplaza is the only place I can find to order this phone, I was concern before cause I saw a lot of commend says they are quite slow, finally I made my decision on November 10th, it is 5-10 days shipping standard with full price, after 10 days it shipped, and 10 more days on Canada post, I got it today, it is not that bad if you choose the right shipping standard, I was think about choice 10-25 days shipping standard with deal, but I would like to get this phone as soon as possible. Go full price with 5-10 days is much better. Alex is really nice, he reply my email fast, if I didn't miss the deal on smart watch, I would definitely purchase one more.

abdullaj1
October 28th, 2020

I ordered a xiaomi mi 10 ultra black color phone on 22 September 2020 and it was delivered in less than a month. However I got the silver version of the phone but this was discussed with me before they delivered the phone. Apparently the black color was not available from their supplier in Hong Kong and they apologized for this and even offered to give me a discount of 50 dollars and still waiting for the discount. Alex was very helpful and communicated well with me and answered all my questions.
They also gave a very helpful advice to open the package infront of the Purolator driver who delivered it and I guess that this is a helpful suggestion so that you have no reason to complain later on for a damaged or open package. This service is not for those who are in a hurry to get their phone since the phones are imported from abroad and may take time to get delivered

jamarg7
January 12th, 2021

I like a store that can keep its words and this one does keeps its words when it comes to the part about giving the customers godo deals because I got a good deal for my phone. That was on deal that I could not let pass me by no matter what happened. Now I know where I will be going when I need a new phone or its accessories.

victorb306
May 14th, 2021

I've bought combo of Huawei cell phone with pen for it. I received phone in couple weeks. But without pen for it. They told me that it is out of stock. Periodically I was reminding them about it, but was getting same response all times. Celebrating 1 year of purchase. No pen yet...

lauroc2
January 11th, 2021

They have some very smart deals when it comes to pdas. I always wanted to get a good psa for me and I was fortunately able to get a phone from them and at a good price. The phone works fine and has not given me any problems so far. I have to say that I got a good deal as they say that they offer good deals.

Questions? Get answers from the PDA Plaza staff and other customers.

Ace G.
Typically responds within 4 hours

How do I know I can trust these reviews about PDA Plaza?

Have a question about PDA Plaza?