Review of PayPower

Reno, NV 89521, US
Tel: 888-633-9432

michaelj553
12/31/18

Someone is becoming very wealthy off this scam! What a joke!! Transaction fees, monthly service fees, you have to upgrade your card to be able to withdraw cash, then your only allowed $100 a week... total RIP off! I feel sorry for anyone who falls for all the bull$#*! and lies printed on the packaging... easy access my A$$! I'll do my absolute best to ensure not a single person buys these garbage cards!

alexandriab18
12/4/18

The customer service rep made a mistake which caused me and my 5 childern to be in the cold for 13 hours.They was aware that it was their mistake but they were not compassionate to my situation only thing the could do was apologize and give me a $10 credit.They let me pay my money before the deadline but made me wait to receive my services and once again it was there fault for not taking my email down properly when i gave it to her correct 2 times.My experience with this company was very distasteful and i will not be doing business with them again.

stevena163
12/2/18

i recently got a prepayed master card by paypower hometrust because i had to travel to vancouver from kamloops to have knee replacement surgery and i was worried about carrying cash and i dont have a bank account it seamed the safest way to have access to money.
or that's what i thought.any way i was just released from the hospital last Sunday evning i was just heading to the greyhound bus station then i thought it would be a good idea to stop and grab some munches from walwart and i wanted to get my pin # for my new card so i phoned custermer service and got this automated answering service so i started the long and mind numbing prose of punching numbers and what not to get that pin set up when i accidentally made a little mistake.
when ask to enter my birth date info i was to enter in this order MONTH/day and year well instead i entered DAY/month and year.
what happened next took me by surpized it canceled my card that one little mistake just one mistake i tried calling right away but of coarse they where closed and there was no way to get any help not online of by phone i was screwed i had no money no bus ticket no family to call and ive been a loner all my life so no friends that could help me out and the fact that i hade just been releast from the hospital and using a crutch to walk and i souldent even be doing that so sone after surgery i didn't know what to do.in the end i ended up sleeping in a little park in down town vancouver.
that night was a nightmare it was freezing i was in a lot of pain but i kept telling my self they will be open in the morning and i will be on the buss home by noon.i phoned in the morning and told them what happend and the circumstance' i am in and all they said was sorry about the inconvenience but it takes 2 days to fix this problem i was speechless
i waited phoning daily they finely phoned me back on thursday 4 days later and i told them the hole storey for the 10th time and shy asked if it would be ok if she called me back in a few minutes because she wanted to speak with some else a bout getting this fixed guese what she never called back i call again friday still nothing well its been a week of sleeping on the street my knee is infected im starving its staring to rain or snow im not to sure yet but this is the worst week in my life ive been so close to ending my 8 years of sobrity bjut i dont know how but i m still sobber i just hope for the love of god hope it fixed in the morning.
all i can say if your thinking about useing a prepaid card or giveing one to someone dont use this incomadent company inless your trying to realy screew somones life up.
this company is doing things that can be down right life treathing and they could one day be resonceable for someone death.
P.S sorry about my spelling ive been useing my phone and my hands are frezzing and that you for reading this and please learn somthing form my mistake if you dont have a bank acount and cant get one your shoe is a safer then a prepayed card besides if your card is lost or stolden you lose your money any way because it turns out they dont have any coverage for lost or stoleden cards

grahamb81
7/2/18

MASTERCARD HAS LENT THEIR NAME TO THIS SCAM. THIS GIVES IT CREDIBILITY. This card was sold by our local grocery store. I have the same complaint as everyone else. Once you set up your password, and after validating it, you cannot use that password again. It will never work after that so you cannot use the card. A complaint will go ro Mastercard lends their name to this scam.
They removed $30 from the card before I even used it and then could not access the balance. Customer service gives gives you the run around, and refer you back to the automated service which denies your valid password.

reneek47
5/11/18

Cannot access my account online and the money that was on this master card from PayPower! I am not happy with the service from HomeTrust at all! You do all the work online, and now we cannot evan access the account to see what we are owed. No bills, no way to get back my money. I am very disturbed by this!

horsth1
12/29/17

This is the worst service possible. The automated number does not work properly and keeps kicking you out. I just wanted my balance and I could not get thru after 32 tries. Finally I called customer service and after a 20 minute wait I told the person that I just want a balance and to get it from a person. She connected me with the automated number again. "STUPID". After my second try and this time a 25 min. wait the rep. this time, after explaining everything, I was disconnected. Please purchase the prepaid cards and definitely not the reloadable ones. If you need help with customer service this is not the place to go!!!!!

Tip for consumers: Customer Service "SUCKS".

laurenl67
9/16/17

So I received one of these for my baby shower and what a hassle ! I was at the store to buy a crib etc and the card I realized had to be activated online -
After trying 5 times on both our phones the website would NOT load - I tried calling but their office was not 24hrs - oh how inconvenient! So anyways the girl in the store let us use her computer and we still had issues they ask your address and everything - then the "I'm not a robot thing" kept messing up and we had to reload - it was really such a hassle ! I'm telling the people who bought me this and paid the $6.95 service fee to think again before they everyone buy one.again-- just give people cash and save your $6.95 and a huge headache ! Arg !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rajs53
9/15/17

They wanted my insurance and credit card information like who does that and the 5$ fee plus the time I wasted trying to activate this card don't buy it it's a big scam save your money buy any card other than this

candicef9
8/30/17

I'm so pissed I cannot even write, but...Same as a previous reviewers, fraudulent charges. My teenage daughter received this card as a gift. Never used it. When she did go try to register it we got a message that they were no longer running his program and gave a number for Meta Bank. Meta Bank told me that there was nothing left of the $200 preloaded. $150 charge from Amazon that we never made. Amazon has confirmed this (let alone the $4.95 charged per month for inactivity which is raking consumers over the coals). I called Meta back and was told it's well over the dispute resolution time period. I conveyed I thought this was unfair since unlike a credit card you do not get monthly statements. I spoke to first a rep then a manager who right off the bat was dismissive of my claim that the charge was fraudulent. He said that there is no way to prove that it was fraudulent, there was not money left, it was my fault for waiting over a year, etc. etc. Despite me telling him that it was unfair he kept reiterating "you have not rights." He seemed to relish that there was no way he could help me and too bad for me. I don;t say this lightly, I have spoken to customer care reps who reiterate their policy that i don;t agree with, but they typically apologize or pretend to be helpful and sympathetic. Not Mike, Supervisor of Consumer Servicing in Sioux Falls, ND. He finally acquiesced and gave me an address to "write a letter." I's steer clear of both PayPower and Meta Bank. Wish I could give negative stars...

kenc87
7/25/17

1) People who sell them don't know how to reload or how they work
2) Customer service (ironically named) is almost impossible to get through to speak to anyone. Either perma hold with bad music or they just won't put you through
3) Money disappeared from my card with no trace, there one minute gone the next
4) Is there a way to give less than one star for this review?
I will NEVER buy another one of these cards

brandyr18
7/20/17

Your company sucks ass. I cannot register my cards.... your website is $#*!. And I cant get through on the phones lines.

heatherr81
6/1/17

The worst. Not only was trying to activate my $500 prepaid card a major hassle, after several tries and multiple calls to the (very rude) customer service line the card still wouldn't load. Activated and registered 5 times, still doesn't work. Can't login to the site. Absolutely horrible. Go with a different card.

judym113
4/26/17

They don't tell you they won't do business with you. They keep saying your blocked should beable to access soon. Why Lie?

shiman1
3/19/17

A friend of mine gave me a gift card from this company for my engagement present. When I attempted to activate the card there was an error that my account is locked. So I called the customer service. They told me that they ran out of business and told me that my card is already registered under someone else's name. Very easily they decided not to activate my card and keep the money for themselves.

abbyb18
3/3/17

Company shut down. Refused to refund my prepaid gift card, sent me on a wild goose chase of who to call. SCAM.

gregv12
2/27/17

I was a PayPower Visa client for years. It was great and easy to use and reload. It was discontinued and started up as MasterCard. With this new program they verify your identity through Equifax, a credit reporting company. If the information you provide them doesn't match up with Equifax, your card is restricted to just purchases. It becomes simply a one time use card and they don't tell you your info is wrong.

I had nothing but issues from the beginning with the MasterCard version. In the early days they wouldn't even let me register the card because my info didn't match Equifax. I called PayPower. They told me to call Equifax and gave me the number. So I called Equifax to get the machine talking to me. I navigate to talk to a representative and they give me another number to call. So I gave up. A couple months later I try to register my card again and it works! I reloaded it a couple of times and then one day I couldn't. I called to see what was up. I was told my info didn't match Equifax. FFS. So I got angry and asked why I was allowed to register then and why I was able to reload. I was told it shouldn't have been reloaded and the store maybe knew away around their safe guards. Regardless they were never any help and I told them I wouldn't be trying to fix my info with Equifax cus it's not worth my time. I said they would be losing business due to company policies. They said sorry to hear that and that's the end of my time.

I'd say it's a scam. Not user friendly at all. Seems designed to keep your money on the card. I tried to register with them using every address I have ever lived at in my life and nope, I'm wrong.

neild42
12/8/16

I have almost nothing good to say...
Damaged PIN number on Reload Pack...took too long to fix the issue and they blamed me of tampering with the PIN Number...
Also, when I went to take money out an ATM. The card would not let me...and after attempted at two ATM machines...with no success.
I phoned 3 times...and treated very poorly and a Manager who promised to phone back never did.
Stay Away from PayPower...

williamm257
10/20/16

This $#*!ing company is a scam. They take your $#*!ing money and make you jump through hoops to get it back.

I put $280 on a reloadit card to send someone some money. I know this person very well, it wasn't like I sent money to a stranger. Anyway, I went on reloadit.com and registered my pack and added the funds to the vault, this was this biggest financial mistake I've made in a very long time. I didn't know that once you put the money in the vault, it is only accessible by YOU using one of THEIR approved prepaid cards. I went through 3 freaking prepaid cards and still haven't been able to access MY money!! The first was a Chase liquid card, which apparently isn't one of their approved prepaid cards. I then went with American Express serve, which apparently take 7 to 10 business days for them to send you a permanent card to load on reloadit....I still haven't gotten this card in the mail, so I'm not even sure if it's going to work. Because I live paycheck to paycheck, I cannot leave this money in there for any longer than I have to, so I picked up a Paypower reloadable Visa today to try because the customer service rep told me that I can use this card to load the funds onto the very same day. I picked it up today and got this $#*!ing message after trying to register the $#*!ing Paypower card. When I talked to customer service, they said that the information I provided doesn't match public records so this card is now about as useful as a gift card!! All of the information was 100% accurate and the address is the same as the one on my license. I would personally like to know where they get their information from, because obviously it's $#*!ED UP!! Then I find out that Paypower and Reloadit are the same $#*!ing company!! No $#*!ing $#*!! So now I have only two choices...wait for my American Express to come in the mail and cross my fingers that it can be verified so I can transfer the funds, or submit a request for a refund of my money, which will take up to 30 $#*!ing days, according to the customer service department. I have no $#*!ing idea how this company is still afloat....I guess customers like myself that get themselves into this situation without truly knowing how $#*!ed up this company is. I WANT MY $#*!ING MONEY BACK!!

ruchim2
9/4/16

This is very dishonest !! I wonder if this is a legal legit business !! I regret buying this card. Horrible customer support who hang up! Visa should not associate with this kind of shady business !! They charged me 2 months of "monthly maintenance fees in 30 days that too before my card was even activated!And the rep asked me to just use it as a gift card since they cannot verify my details!! There r cheaper gift cards out there !!
I rarely write bad reviews but people ought to know and stay away from this fraud. Please DO NOT enter your SNN and other details on this site !! It is not used for any verification just to skim your information .It is clear this is a fraud ...I will make a formal complain against this business.

almaj12
6/26/16

I spoke to an agent by the name of "hugo" he was so polite and very comprehensive he help me transfer my money from my reloadit pack over to my prepaid paypower card. The way I was treated was so satisfied I give 5 starts and i recommend everyone to have this great expedience... thank you paypower for hiring great people to help us with our troubles.

laurieh43
6/14/16

My nephew received a $30 power pay Visa Debit Card for his birthday . It remained in his wallet for about 4 months. It was NOT ACTIVATED during this time. He went to use it - it declined. When we called as to why - we were told it needed to be activated - which we then did . We found out it only had $.25 on it !! 25 cents !! What a deal in scam!! Never activated and they just took the money under the guise of "fees" and he should have read the terms and conditions - WOW - really???? Crooks, thieves, scammers- STAY AWAY!!! There are plenty of reputable Visa cards out there to do business with. Not this one.

ramezf
5/29/16

This card is garbage.......they ask you so many questions in order to activate it and then you get an error message. I tired three times and on the fourth attempt, it said this card is active. I tired to log in, I was told the information is In valid so I had to register again.

When I purchased the cars I was told that I have 30 days to use it before I get charged the monthly fee of 5.95. When I finally was able to check my account balance, it looked like I was charged the monthly fee 7 days after i purchased the card.

I've been on hold for over 7 minutes trying to get a hold of someone.

This card is Garbage.......don't ever purchase it

stevew175
5/18/16

Needed a prepaid card for on line, purchased the card, retailer took my money, gave me a receipt stating it was activated with $ 50 on it. I went to use guess what not activated no money, tried calling company, robot response to go on line to register, will not accept card number pleas call in, 4 days of this, emails back and forth "please call in" robot responses, when I did get some one," contact retailer" retailer says contact Paypower card is activated.
I have a receipt stating its activated from Paypower. Yes this is a scam.

jenniferg104
3/1/16

I received a $50 gift card and just activated and there is $0 balance because they charged monthly maintenance fees before I even activated the card. What a complete and total RIP-OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

martinj37
2/26/16

Got a $30 Christmas card on a paypower Visa Card and activated in February to only learn that there's only $18.02 available because even though the card was not activated they still charge the monthly fee of 5.95 bad company bad customer service

Questions? Get answers from the PayPower staff and other customers.

PayPower?