Parcelhero.co.uk

Parcelhero.co.uk has a consumer rating of 1 stars from 4 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. The most common issues with Parcelhero.co.uk are around customer service, which is not as good as expected by some customers.

How would you rate Parcelhero.co.uk?

“Beware SHARKS”

dan s.
2/13/20

I sent some items through "ParcelHero" who sourced UPS for the delivery. I very carefully calculated weights and dimensions of all the packages as best as a layman (and carpenter) could I believe. Delivery was just over £57. AFTER the packages were delivered I get an email from them telling me that they were going to charge me an ADDITIONAL +£84 as they claimed that UPS had weighed and measured and calculated a different price. I was utterly shocked at the huge difference they wanted to charge me. They provided no evidence to back up their claim. I emailed them: - Disputing the additional charge - Telling them that any prior agreements were void and they were forbidden from taking any more money out of my account as this was now a dispute. - I emailed the item descriptions of what I had sent along with weights and dimensions They, emailed be back, and in the same email, in one stroke: - notified me that they were taking the additional money out of my account (despite my written instruction to them that they were not allowed to do so) - told me that I had not provided enough evidence to support my dispute. Their evidential threshold for a dispute is entirely unrealistic for the average person. They wanted me to have taken photographs of each package I had sent, with the delivery barcodes on them, with pictures of a tape measure on them showing the length, width and depth dimensions! EACH PACKAGE PHOTOGRAPHED WITH MEASUREMENTS MULTIPLE TIMES IN ADVANCE. Right... My experience with them is one of dealing with thieves. I felt violated. I would not recommend anybody to use ParcelHero.

dans1176
February 13th, 2020
I sent some items through "ParcelHero" who sourced UPS for the delivery.

Delivery was just over £57.

I emailed them:
- Disputing the additional charge

They, emailed be back, and in the same email, in one stroke:

My experience with them is one of dealing with thieves.
I felt violated.
I would not recommend anybody to use ParcelHero.
jodiew29
December 13th, 2019
As a consumer psychologist, I feel obligated to share experiences where consumers have been mislead or assist other consumers in making informed choices about the organisations they engage with. In many ways, it's just about protecting people from 'rogue traders'. Parcel Hero is exactly that: a rogue trader.....I bought a pick up and delivery service from them to ship a wood burner from the UK to France. The service I bought was a pick up on Dec 2nd and a delivery on Dec 4th. We had booked an installer for Dec 6th. They were 8 days late in delivering the item and I was the one chasing it in France, no communication of the item's where abouts from Parcel Hero. No indication that it was going to fail to meet the delivery date. Here's what you are dealing with at Parcel Hero. They don't have any 'real' people that you can talk to. Just email 'heads' with various names, who respond to your emails very promptly, but don't have any difinitive/helpful answers for you. Interestingly, their advertised phone number doesn't work either, how convenient. When I asked if I could speak to someone at head office, they clearly said it wasn't possible. The number that I was given for TNT in France.....didn't work either.....They won't give you the number of their drivers to assist in pick up and delivery. There also wasn't any confirmation of pick up from the supplier. You cannot contact anyone....They also have a small problem with telling the truth on delivery dates and their supposed 'communication' with TNT in France. I have taken the matter further as we paid quite a lot of money to ensure the delivery would be on time to meet with the installer. Not only will I share and copy this review extensivley, I am currently in the process of taking a case out against them which involves the the Ombudsman, Trading Standards and Finanical Instituions that process any transactions to Parcel Hero's accounts. Don't be shy about taking a stand here. They try and fob people off with this 'gurantee' nonsense saying that you have to have taken this out to secure any refund. It's totally rubbish and I'm surprised that they are getting away with saying that to people as it's legally not correct in 'contract law'. As soon as someone receives money for an advertised product or service, they are automatically bound in a contract for the 'said' product or service. We will be seeking compensation as they've failed to meet their contractual agreement and therefore are legally obliged to reimburse/compensate. In addition, like many others have said, I have just received an email to say that the weight we paid for is over and we need to pay them a further £38. Read the reviews, this is a standard practice for them. Contact your bank and block them immediately as they will take it out of your card. Please just book directly with the carrier companies or someone else you know you can trust, BUT DON'T have any kind of relationship at all with PARCEL ZERO! Feel free to share this review if it will help others.
stepheng402
August 24th, 2019
PAID FOR A ITEM TO BE DELIVERED,GAVE THEM DIMENSIONS AND WEIGHT AND A MONTH LATER TOLD THERE IS A SURCHARGE OF £51 BECAUSE IT WAS OVERWEIGHT
MONEY WAS TAKEN STRAIGHT OUT OF MY BANK ACCOUNT WITHOUT MY PERMISSION!
DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY.
clarkstewarta
May 1st, 2016
Stay clear of them. A slow rip off.
Parcel hero does not know how many days there are in a week.
A parcel that I shipped half way around the world by COURIER was to take 4-6 days but it took more that 14 days. I was double charged also.
I was told I would get a refund in a week and more than 2 weeks later I am still waiting

Questions? Get answers from the Parcelhero.co.uk staff and other customers.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Parcelhero.co.uk?

Have a question about Parcelhero.co.uk?