Review of Overstock.com

customercare@overstock.com
2018 Customer choice award

sheilao
11/6/11

I bought a glass sink, It arrived quickly and packaged extremely well.

arnoldv
10/27/11

I like Overstock for their jewelry - some really great deals. However, I have found that the furniture on Overstock is generally of low quality.

heatheru1
9/17/11

I've never had an order from Overstock that was not entirely screwed up. First I ordered a leather upholstered king-sized bed. It took 2.5 months to arrive; I was expecting about 5 weeks based on the website. it had a nick in the corner, and i was told I would have to pay freight to return it, then they would credit my account up to $25 (my estimates were $125 shipping, a $100 loss for me.)

I ordered three rugs. four weeks later I was told one was out of stock. the other two arrived, but were the wrong color. The CS rep initially tried to tell me this is what I ordered, then told me maybe I was color blind. ultimately they arranged to pick up the wrong rug and had the new one to me quickly. I appreciated that part, but the mix-up was just a hassle. funny to me was the CS who initially asked me to "pack it up and take it to the nearest UPS." I was like....the rug is bigger than me. I also laughed at the image of me driving my sports car with the top down and a big-arse rug sticking over the top of the passenger seat.

i've ordered other items here and there....often without issue. But too often descriptions are wrong and I've had to return an item. I once ordered a Bombay style chest with a marble top. The chest arrived. No marble. Cute as hell though. Not worth the price. I was told to ship it back and I would be reimbursed. I told the CS rep.....I'd just keep it and save the hassle...and never order there again.

and.....I never will. DONE.

chuckg2
9/11/11

I've had great experiences with some overstock.com items and prices, and also a few other times where items arrived broken or were not worth the price. I'm happy to report, though, that the overstock customer service has been fantastic every time and they have always been willing and happy to make sure I've been satisfied with an item.

waylands
8/3/11

This site is alright, sometimes you can find some good deals and other times you're just better off looking somewhere else.

joannen
7/27/11

This site has been nothing but AWESOME when I have purchased from them. The shipping is $2.95 for whatever you order and they have tracking for your purchase. I believe I have ordered from them at least 10 times in the past year and have always received my items well packaged and in a timely manner.The items I've purchased have generally been small ticket items (shoes, boots, handbags, books) so I can't speak for their bigger ticketed items. I did have to contact customer service one time to see if an item had been shipped but I think I jumped the gun do to my son's constant nagging for this item LOL. I am also impressed by the company's ethics. They recently gave many of theur customers free membership into their o-rewards program because they refused to give in to state government demanding that taxes be charged in certain states. Instead of kowtowing to this they pulled their merchandisers from these states and gave what money they saved to their customers.(a free o-rewards membership and a $10 credit). You don't see this happening too often from any company . I have nothing but good things to report on my buying experience with overstock.com.

amandar9
7/22/11

Merchandise was as described. Seller fast and packaged well.

nancyb10
7/11/11

Been shopping overstock.com for years with no problems. Shipping is fast. The company has been exceptional with always getting my orders correct. I have no complaints and only praise for this company.

lisak21
5/20/11

very helpful cust service but be careful about some jewelry descriptions

kanem
4/12/11

Overstock does not always have what you want in stock because I think what they carry really varies from week to week. If you are lucky and they have exactly what you want then you score big with a cheap purchase. Delivery is fast and they are very reliable. I do not go here to browse but more to just check and see if they just happen to have a deal on what I am already looking to purchase. Good site and they are advertising like crazy these days so I hope they stay in business.

tracye1
2/21/11

Never had a problem. We have bought DVDs, CDs, patio umbrellas, storage bins, rolling closet racks, leather coat, and earrings. We were never in a hurry for anything but also never had any order that was long on ship time. I do check here for comparison pricing -- sometimes great, sometimes not. Always worth a look around though.

megg
2/17/11

I ordered jewelry (rings) from Overstock and was very pleasantly surprised at the quality....much nicer than I expected for the price. Beautifully packaged and delivered to my door within two days....two thumbs up!

kaciec
2/14/11

This website may have cheaper prices but I wouldn't recommend buying anything from here unless you are willing to wait a MONTH to get it. They have the slowest shipping I have ever seen and you are not able to track it. Completely inconveniant. I will NOT ever buy anything from this website again.

rebeccad1
1/12/11

Purchased an item for over $50 and was charged $1 to ship to me. The item was very poor quality and when trying to return - they told me I had to pay $10 to return it AND I would only get a partial refund due to a restocking fee. I find it completely ridiculous that I was charged 10 times as much for shipping back a return than I was charged to receive it. And they claim that when I said the item was "poor quality" that this is a buyers remorse issue and not a product issue. I will never buy from there again

bobbg
12/27/10

I have shopped with Overstock.com several times and they are always prompt with delivery which is great!! The occasional knock off item that is not up to par in quality with the real thng isn't their fault :) so one (read, I) should know better, but the deals can definitely be found here; just got a 100% wool suit for $65 that would have easily cost $250 + at a suit store (one of those "warehouse" type places, hint hint) and it looks, feels, exactly like my other 250 + dollar suits; still needs to be tailored but nominal fee there. I will continue to shop with Overstock and hopefully get more "hits" than "misses" !!!

amym7
12/22/10

Possible never ordering again!!! Possible ..

My brother was going to buy me a kindle but with little money he went on OVERSTOCK.COM to order me a E-Reader for Christmas and i was a little mad until i saw the E-Reader he wanted to get me.

But knowing my brother he can never keep anything a surprise so he asked me to order it myself with his card.. [I did it of course.]

Don't worry i am getting to the point.

OverStock was advertising that they would Grantee Christmas delivery so we was pretty happy about that.

UNTIL ...

I received my tracking code...

i was so happy with the fast shipping that i went on to track my order and just GUESS what i see...

Shipment delivery date 12-28-2010

Boy when my brother saw this he was hitting the fan.

Mainly Because this was the first year that he was able to get every one gifts and my gift was the most important to him.

I say this a lot this time of year is the most STRESSFUL time of all .. and i get that things sometimes slip and all but i use to work with sales and i know how important it is to get things out fast.

Anyways i wish they did not grantee something and end up side slapping us with this crap!!

Anywhoo i just wanted to let ya know that if this has happened or is happening believe me i understand how you feel

I hope this helped you guys out.

Sincerely,

A chick who has to hear her brother COMPLAIN until i get this gift!

carolinah
12/1/10

Overstock Rip off
I ordered a clothing item which was incorrectly identified as a Misses size but was actually a Juniors. When I told customer service, they didn't even bother investigating and when I returned the item, they said they would only refund half of what I paid because there were a few HAIRS on the item! Have they never heard of lint removers? I simply tried the item on and then took it off.
If I do not get my total refund I will be contacting my state attorney generals. And I don't think I will be dealing with Overstock any time soon

mimit
11/17/10

Granted, I haven't had to return any items so far, so I don't know how they are with returns etc., but I'm satisfied with my experience with them so far.

The furniture I ordered arrived relatively fast (shipping was just $1) and it was the best packed box I've gotten so far. The item quality was great too.

I've since talked to their customer service to ask questions about other items and they were very helpful and informative. I was actually surprised to see so many bad reviews here, so I'm wondering if maybe the customer service at overstock was less good before and I just lucked out by starting to use them after it improved?
In any case, I'm happy with them and had only good experiences so far.

lisap11
10/29/10

Very fast cheap shipping. Have never been disappointed.

rodt
8/6/10

I have used overstock.com for several years. I've bought many items from small to monitors. Everything has been packed perfect with no delays. I will continue to use this site for most everything. They offer great on line specials with no shipping charge. As with any store there will always be problems. I just haven't had any.

tiaw
7/2/10

I actually haven't had a "bad" experience with this site. As with any "outlet" always doublecheck prices elsewhere and compare quality. The 10 day shipping isn't an issue for me as I like the $2.95 flat rate. I have never had to return an item so can't speak to return policies/customer service. The only issue I've found is that alot of the "bargains" are actually refurbished items, not new. While refurbished can be good and save money, there are some things you really are better off with new. I have ordered several items over the past few years and overall, I am satisfied.

laurag2
5/21/10

I spent $163 on a set of two chairs. The leg on one chair snapped in half about a month after I bought them. Found out you only have a month to return items. Not happy about the purchase. At a local store I still could have returned the chair.

mariec
4/17/10

We used overstock.com two years ago for Christmas gifts. One of the gifts we ordered was sent to another state. Constantly checking on where our order went to, we finally got a response and they claimed to mail a new one out. It turned out that the second order also got mailed to a different state! Continually trying to get resolution to the situation, we just gave up. We never got our intended purchase and we never were given any type of refund.

The prices at overstock.com are not really discounted. They may receive overstock items but some things are actually more expensive than if you were to purchase at a local retailer.

Unfortunately I can't give this website a good review.

dj11
3/22/10

This an American site offering goods at USA prices. The incentive for me was that i was getting quality goods at a bargain due to the £ being stronger than the dollar. The price for any item is always totalled at the checkout together with shipping , duties and taxes so theres nothing elese to pay when it arrives. However recently the owners of this site have gotten greedy. I recently was about to make a purchase. The single item costing $149.00 = £99.00. The shipping, duties and taxes were then added. (fair enough) However I suddenly i had a shock because noticed that the price of the item in £s was no longer equivilent to the price in US $s. I had clicked on the link for my basket to be converted to english pounds and instead of it converting to £99 It converted to £130 . I contacted them via their online chat to complain. They told me because it was being shipped to UK they had to charge for this. I told them that the shipping was not the issue and that it was the fact that the price for the item itself had increased. They had no acceptable answer and despite making a formal complaint ive heard nothing from them. I had ordered from them in the past and this act of greed had not occurred. I won't be making any more purchases from this site again. I might as well go in search for the same quality in the UK. If i pay the price I was being scammed by I am sure i will find what i am looking for on terra firma.

johnm23
1/28/10

placed an order at 10am, then tried to cancel one hour later. very difficult to reach anyone. on line chat a lot of blah, blah, blah and broken promises. bottom line they can't cancel the item so they are sending it so i can return it and pay a restocking fee. will never use them again. buyer beware.

437 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Hey, I would be very careful. I have transacted with Overstock three times and I don't believe there is as much security in terms of guarantee as with Amazon. And, if you buy items fulfilled by Amazon (meaning the product ships from Amazon's warehouse) you are even more guaranteed. For example, I bought some dinner napkins from an Amazon seller, fulfilled by Amazon. They were not what they were supposed to be and Amazon issued me a credit immediately and scheduled UPS to pick up my item to return. I'm very confident that with Amazon you will get quality service and if the product is not as described or substandard you will be in better hands especially with Amazon fulfilled items. Overstock is just not up to par and I wouldn't purchase something like a medicated cream from Overstock until they get it together.

By Rita Y.

I used a credit card on Overstock when purchasing my bed. It was years ago, I still sleep on it. I had no problems using my credit card on Overstock

By A S.

I bought a rug that looked nothing like the picture. The colors were gaudy instead of the nice muted pallet shown in the picture. Overstock charged me half again as much to return it. I'll never buy from them again.

By susan A.

It varies. It usually is indicated at the order page

By Shay S.

They send it back to Overstock, call or Email them for a refund

By SHERRY B.

No. The "diamonds" fall out after a few times of wearing them.

By Adam L.

I've never had this problem. Their customer service is better than Amazon but i haven't interracted with them super recently so maybe theyve scaled back on the gravvy.

By Jonathan C.

In condition stated, i.e., new, reconditioned. I haven't made any returns but it doesn't seem to be hassle-free.

By Shay S.

In my experience TERRIBLE! I describe it at the opening of this discussion. The couch and rug I purchasd broke (and the rug became unraveled) within two months from delivery. A second couch was sent, with th first not even picked up, and a second rug, again with the first not picked up. Both again broke and the rug unraveled within months. I spent more than $600 on the couch and had to throw it (them) and the rug away in under three months. Waste of money. You just don't know what condition you are getting your product in.

By Cheryl N.

No, call for a return label.

By Mathew B.
Questions? Get answers from the Overstock.com staff and other customers.

Overstock.com?