Oriental Trading reviews

Tel: 1-800-875-8480
erich_ross@orientaltrading.com

jennyz21
6/22/19

A order was placed with them. They canceled the order without notifying me and when I check on the status they said someone called and cancel the order next day which is completely untrue! I was depending on the item to arrive in 2 weeks and 2 weeks later I'm told too bad I need to reorder. This is the reason why amazon is stealing all of your business. They don't treat their costumers indifferent and makeup things. I am so upset. I will use other dependable company for my supplies needs. Others should think twice before ordering from this website. It completely wasted my time.

nancym558
6/6/19

Don't order from them, I ordered grad stuff and only got 1/2 my order I did not open it up thinking it was all there has I have ordered from them before. There stuff is junk go to a local party store it will save you stress and worry.

dianar183
6/3/19

I ordered candy as favors for a sweet 16 party. I live in S. Florida and asked specifically how they would get the chocolate candy to me without it melting. I was put on hold and the customer service rep returned and told me they ship with dry ice. Got the order on time and - NO dry ice . Melted candy. When I called the customer service rep said oh no we don't use dry ice I don't know why you were told that. I wouldn't have ordered it had I know that. I received a refund but the party is in 4 days and I have to find new favors. Won't be ordering again from them.

mels165
4/23/19

I wouldn't even give a one star. I ordered a gift for my grandson in plenty of time. Got lost, somewhere. Ordered again. "Bummer, can't find order" it states. Really? After being told it was shipped twice

julief181
3/4/19

So annoying to get a notice that I have to go online to pay a sales and use tax for the state I live in because the company didn't include that in the purchase. So you have to go through all the trouble of filing and paying the tax yourself come tax time. What a waste of time and total pain in the butt. I'm never ever ever purchasing this cheap crap ever again.

karend397
2/16/19

Never had a problem with mindware or oriental trading but this year I bought one gift and they didn't charge sales tax and pay PA. Now I've gotten a notice that says they're reporting my purchase to PA and I'm responsible to file a special form to pay, literally, $2.45. What a pain. I'll never bother with this company again.

jeannetteb29
2/6/19

Up until this month, I was a regular customer who was happy with my purchaes. The company did not charge me sales tax and delivered a letter in February saying I owed sales tax. They provided little information so that I am paying tax on exempt products in my state because they mixed taxable and non-taxable and provided false tax information to my state. I will now buy from Amazon who can probably handle state taxes.

lindsaye18
10/31/18

My package arrived 10/26 and was stolen off my doorstep. Called Oriental Trading Company 10/29 and the replaced my order free of charge and sent it overnight just in time for Halloween!! Thank You Oriental Trading Company!!!

joselym
10/26/18

Ordered an item on 10\17 that was "In stock". Got an email it was out of stock. Then, same day as the email, you call and tell me its on stock again. You couldnt just keep the money, you had to refund it and make me give my info to pay again. Not even joking, 3 days later, I get an email saying its out of stock again. Its October 26, and you guys tell me "sorry" and now I have 5 days to find a costume somewhere else (my son was already unable to wear it to a school Halloween party due to this fiasco. Company has issues)

millicentj
10/23/18

I ordered 105 piece of hershey's snack candy.

In the package were 50 pieces of whoppers (3balls) and 15-25 each of all others.

is there a reason for this??? Are Whoppers cheaper??
disappointed for the high price.

christiner171
10/22/18

Ordered 200 glow bracelets for event. Several of them broke, leaked filling or didn't bend. Have been satisfied with this prooduct in the past, but will not re-order for future events.

denisee138
10/20/18

I'm sorry I'm not reviewing an item I bought but I'm starting here to complain about their Halloween commercial. My three year old grand daughter and I were watching
Peppa Pig and this commercial broke into it.
It looked okay at first but the arm falling off and the dog taking it shocked even me. My grand daughter was disturbed by it and though we saw it a month ago she is still processing it.

crystalb152
10/18/18

I ordered 9 items for Operation Christmas Child gifts. Coloring "books" are pamphlets not books. Plush bears are not "plush". Cheap quality for money spent $134.00. Returning entire order. Will go to Walmart for better quality.

jeanr97
9/28/18

I ordered 1000 white,wedding m & m's. A lot were cracked and broken and the candy had a greasy film on it, very disappointed

renees131
9/20/18

Paid with a credit card. Safe one might think, right? Oh no! I was having issues (or so I thought) with unauthorized charges on my credit card. Because Oriental Trading's charge didn't say Oriental Trading I thought it was bogus and disputed the charge. *Immediately* upon finding out the error I spoke with my credit card company about my mistake and had them charge my card again. That was in April. I am STILL dealing with this as Oriental Trading can't find the money (despite my confirming it had actually been paid. Now they are threatening *me* with collections??? I have sent them documentation from my credit card company about 4 times now and they "can't find it in their records." Will NEVER use this company again!!

jenniferv161
9/16/18

I, like many others, have ordered a handful of items from this site for my wedding after receiving numerous catalogs in the mail. I only received one out of two of my packages and within it was a singe item from my order. The other three items were for another couple, even including a customized lawn sign complete with a photo of them along with their names and the date of their wedding. The thing that disturbed me the most was that their wedding was dated three days after I got the package. I was so sad for them that I honestly shed a few tears. My mother called customer service and after a long talk she had to suggest to the fella on the other line that he should contact the couple. As if he couldn't think of doing so himself! ALSO, my stepmother ordered stickers from the site to use on my favor bags and she received the wrong ones and had to reorder! My own order was reshipped and it hasn't arrived yet, but I'm feeling somewhat hopeful since this situation only happened five days ago. It's safe to say that I will be going to a party store for my next event after this fiasco.

tomg285
7/23/18

Initially would not correct issue because of poor ad. After disputing charge, oriental corrected, nut still cost me shipping charge. Will not order from orientsl again.

kathya129
7/17/18

I have used them in the past and it was great. Recently I tried ordering for my wedding. My order was cancelled 3 times. I thought it was my card. I tried 3 others. Called costumer service, they said try a different card. Then they said it was my "verifying information" tried calling that line after being on hold in the normal line for 15 mins. Turns out, one of the things I was trying to order must have been discontinued, but it didn't say that on the website, no one told me when I called, and it kept letting me order it, but wouldnt show up in my "re-order" cart. waste of time and money

denellek
7/7/18

Super happy with everything I ordered even ordered a personalized banner that turned out super awesome! Love this place! Tried shopping local and nothing was going right and looked up oriental trading company and all my worries were taken care of right to my door:)

brandic34
6/14/18

I ordered some wedding supplies for my wedding back in august. I never recieved it, so then they were sending it to me again. I received alright but not before the wedding. I had to go purchase last minute stuff the day before the wedding. I mailed it back to get my money back, but they never did give me my money. I kept calling and they told me the same story everytime. It shows on our end that it has been processed. Give it a day or two and it should be in your account. It has been almost a year now and i have not seen a penny of that money. I would never go through them again.

adams436
6/8/18

Terrible customer service. My wife apparently ordered some birthday supplies from this company in April 2017. The following year in May 2018, my wife ordered some new birthday party supplies. Then two weeks later, May 17, 2017, I receive an email from the company saying we owe $57 for a purchase in April 2017. I call the company to find out what is going on, because there is no way the company is just going to ship stuff out to us without first getting PAYMENT. I receive a message back from their accounting department stating that they placed a credit card authorization on my card back in April 2017 but apparently never actually charged my card. While in the process of trying to figure out if my card was even charged or not, they sent me multiple emails with an invoice seeking immediate payment and sent a letter to my house saying that they would seek legal action if the amount was not paid in full within 2 weeks. I mean, come on seriously? They screw up, don't charge my card, ship the products to me, then over a year later send threatening letters to my house. Ridiculous. I have no problem paying for something I ordered, but I want to at least first confirm what card they placed an authorization on just to make sure that there was no charge actually made on that card. We will not be shopping here again.

marciac68
5/31/18

I wrote to their tech support to ask if my order had been processed after 10 days of my order being placed. They answered right away and told me it had not been processed yet and I would receive an email with a tracking number when the order was shipped.
Then when it was almost one month of my order being placed, and getting very close to the time of the party where the supplies ordered were going to be used... I wrote them again asking for the status of my order. They answered saying the ordered "had to be cancelled". At the same time I received the confirmation of ordered cancelled saying I was going to bet my money back.
I was not informed my order had to be cancelled until I sent the second email, the the money was returned also only after I complained.

I was very disappointed and wonder if I had just 'forgot' about the order, if I would even get my money back. I will NOT use them again.

jijit2
4/22/18

Thank U Oriental Trading Company for canceling our order WITHOUT our consent and WITHOUT informing us that it has been canceled !!!

Order was placed .. we got a confirmation with the order number we have been told all is well and should receive it in 10 days
and we were waiting all that time and when we called to ask where the order was .. we simply got an answer with oh sorry for the inconvenient we cancelled your order!!!!! They simply cancelled it without our consent and without informing us making us wait all that time for nothing !! There was nothing wrong with our payment and the order was confirmed .. it was very disappointing

kjh9
4/4/18

I ordered some items through Oriental Trading, and as soon as I got the shipping notification I realized I accidentally had it shipped to my OLD address. I called and talked to Jag in Guest Relations and he got in touch with UPS but they weren't able to reroute it, so he reshipped the entire order to me free of charge! And it was my error! So generous. I didn't expect such great service from a company that sells such low-cost items. Thank you!!

wendyc133
3/18/18

I went online to OTC to buy an item that I had purchased the month before. It was now listed as 20% off. They had jacked up the Original Price so that the discounted price was the same as I had paid the month before.
Sleezy!

Questions? Get answers from the Oriental Trading staff and other customers.

5 Photos for Oriental Trading