Minecraft

Minecraft has a consumer rating of 3.45 stars from 29 reviews indicating that most customers are generally satisfied with their purchases. Minecraft ranks 35th among Games sites.

Positive reviews (last 12 months): 85.7%
How would you rate Minecraft?

“Awesome game, false reviews”

Adam C.
1/12/21

Minecraft is a really great game, and all these reviewers are just saying things wrong or they bought the game from a wrong seller. I would highly recommend getting Minecraft java at Minecraft.net the official Minecraft website. It is kinda expensive but its worth it.

“This game sucks”

lucien y.
1/25/20

Ok so i bought the game when i first bought my pc and i was able to play it for a little while but now when i tried to get on it said i ad to login and i was logged in when i frist got the game and tried to login with my information and that didn't work and then it said i needed to buy the game to play it and i already bought the game i suggest you not even by the game its not worth it

adamc643
January 12th, 2021

Tip for consumers:
look at all the reviews

Products used:
minecraft

easonw1
February 18th, 2021

I need Java Edition on mobile. On the PC, it costs $29! On mobile it is very cheap. Plz Mojang, add Java on mobile

buttheadp
November 30th, 2020

If you are bored and hate minecraft just get java and using code mc.hypixel.net, it is a great server.
You can do endless things on minecraft besides survival just look up some codes for minecraft.

julianj52
May 19th, 2020

The thing about Mincraft is there is the nether world with demons and stuff. That isn't suitable for children, but they don't notice because it's all block. There is lots of fun this game allows creative people to make their worlds. I have played this and it was fun. Still some stuff I didn't like. I think Roblox is better.

zingery
August 29th, 2018

It's getting to the point that It'll slowly die off, Sure it was fun while it lasted but now it's just boring. I wouldn't recommend this.

armariop
December 31st, 2020

This games is really nice and like I like to play it for me it is satisfying and it is really good I have it on my iPad and you can play with your friends and things like that

matthews1388
February 12th, 2021

The game is unimaginably great. The people who dislike it probably aren't familiar to the game because they never tried it. Or, they don't have a good taste if adventure, and fun. I first played the pocket edition of it and it was boring. But then I figured out it was a entirely different version from the original: Minecraft java edition. I bought it, played on it and for some reason, the java edition of the game was more fun. I love how there its servers like hypixel and mineplex that are high quality. Especially, playing with my friends! Dual wielding, optifine, higher quality mods, better shaders, etc. we mess around with these possibilities for hours and it never gets old. Now, the only issue I have with it is the price. Now, not everyone has nearly 30 dollars to spend on a game. So I had to play with my friends that were willing to take that up as an offer. But nonetheless, both versions are great, minecraft is great, and I definitely 100% recommend you try it.

nr204
February 1st, 2021

Everyones always talking about how much fun they had playing Minecraft with their friends, or how their Minecraft friends haven't been online in years. Growing up, I never had any friends. I was bullied in school everyday and often came home in tears. For a long time, I didn't have any sort of escapism, until I downloaded this game, that is. Everyday when I got home, the first thing I'd do is wipe my tears, bandage my bruises and hop on the computer to play Minecraft. It was the only place I could let my creativity run wild without being judged. I didn't have anyone to play with besides my imagination, and the numerous dogs I had tamed. Sometimes I'd spend hours on end in front of the computer, the room barely lit by the lamp on my desk, my cat curled up on my lap and a half eaten granola bar I got too distracted to finish. I remember falling asleep at my desk and dreaming about Minecraft, dreaming about being friends with all the Minecraft youtubers who had introduced me to this game, or gaming in general. I'd dream that I'd play with youtubers like Dan, or ihascupquake. I'd wake up from my Minecraft dreams to build Minecraft cities, then to go to school and make Minecraft drawings.

I booted up my old computer just a week ago, with all my old worlds. My dogs, my creations, they were all where I left them. My outlet for all those years, it was all the same, like time had stopped moving. I hadn't cried so much in a while, in that moment, all those memories of just being all alone, but being so happy to be alone, it got to me. Despite how hard things were then, I was so happy all the time. I didn't care that everyone at school hated me, I didn't care that I spent my time alone, I was just happy to have that little thing that kept me going. It's weird to see how far I've come as a person. I mean, I have friends now. Real friends, not just ones I'd make up in my sleep. Real people I'm around everyday, I'm not lonely anymore. This game kept me company when no one else would, it kept me safe until I would finally find people who would treat me well.
I've grown up, I've moved past everything. The issues I have to deal with from the bullying as a child are still relevant, but they don't sting that much anymore. Even though it took a while, I found something, some people who make me feel at home. I feel comfort for the first time in a while. Even though it's hard, even though some people are lonely, you'll be okay. Take enjoyment of the little things, like finding a dog and having enough bones to tame it, or finding your first diamonds, or even finding your hundredth diamond. Everything will be okay once you push through, just find comfort in the things you love doing. Explore different things, find new things that you might find will change your life forever. Someday, when you have people there for you, and you feel so much better, you'll look back and think "wow... I was so strong back then."
You were strong then, you are strong now and you will continue to be strong. You can achieve anything as long as you find that something that makes you feel safe. For me, it was Minecraft that got me through. For you, the sky is the limit. You can take enjoyment in anything if you find the right thing. You can make it.

Thank you, Minecraft. Thank you DanTDM, ihascupquake, Stampy, and everyone else who would make me smile after a bad day. And thank you, me, for staying strong back then so I can be here now. Thank you so much for being there.

siter3
November 1st, 2015

It is good for problem solving, amount of items, using and crafting items to survive and others which can teach children valuable skills. I would recommend this to all, but there is no parental controls. Servers may have curse words allowed, but most servers have plugins not allowing cursing. Community: non bullying, just a regular community.

non378
November 29th, 2019

Now people are playing because of pewdiepie yay, but yeah it's a good game and even better than roblox

mcz
May 19th, 2019

I love minecraft! Such great games. Creativity, building own house and everything. Fun. Love minecraft

hih14
July 15th, 2018

I got it to download and played the game. It was fun.

But it is getting unpopular these days (blame Microsoft).

Tip for consumers:
Its really...
B L O C K Y

joshuay32
May 5th, 2020

Mine craft is good and has really stepped up it's game but When I get in it loads half way there and it stops forever

IDK why but it's still cool

lucieny1
January 25th, 2020

georgek101
February 15th, 2017

When you look first time, you think "owww it's game for $#*!er, not good quality of graphics, who play at this?". But when you will know something more about playgame and so many possibilities you think "WOOOOW IT"S AWESOME!"

benjr
September 27th, 2014

Just an awesome game. One of the best ever made. There is a reason microsoft paid $2.5b to buy them out.

rodg
May 2nd, 2011

I recently read a review about Minecraft which you can get from minecraft.net. I had seen several people on sitejabber review Lego or block type of games and never really understood what the hype was all about. Here is a link to the IGN video: Minecraft: I don't get it. http://pc.ign.com/articles/116/1165491p1.html
If you ever played with legos in your childhood, you owe it to yourself to watch this video and see if it is worth a quick download to relive the lego days. Parents with children who play with lego should also take a look at the video and see if it might appeal to your children.

The best part seems to be that people can share their minecraft/lego creations with each other. This guy created a Call of Duty FPS in the minecraft world.

Great indie game that deserves a full heart for managing to amass such a following (700,000 facebook likes to date) in an era of big budget gaming.

zacb25
February 16th, 2021

Wow. Ok this game is AMAZING. I mean, I haven't played this game but after I watched some MrBeast I said "Holy sh*t." But the one thing I don't like about is like when you die, it just makes me rage quit and I almost BROKE my PC because of it. I would rate it a 4 or 3 star rating. Just because IT'S SO HARD TO DEFEAT THE WITHER AND THE ENDER DRAGON I MEAN IT'S SO HARD. K, don't say I'm like TRASH at the game cause like I can't defeat the Wither or Ender Dragon in Survival Mode I'm not saying this game is "trash" or "bad" I'm just saying it's just. Forgettable? I can say? I mean, I'm a Twitch streamer and I share my Minecraft gameplay with the viewers and people say I'm trash and I'm just hurt...

maximp20
September 9th, 2020

All its updates are terrible. The community is quite toxic towards other communities too which is dumb.

kendrar21
August 10th, 2018

I tell you, this game is addictive.
There is NO WAY to stop playing it unless you get bored.
I've been playing since 2013, but I play for 1 hour and a half on the weekends when I have time.
This game is overly creative, constantly coming up with new ideas each month.
Mods and maps are available which is nice!

But, minecraft lacks one thing: more animals LESS mobs.

This game is fun, but just don't play it too much it'll hurt your eyes!

ameliac8
May 18th, 2016

I recently got minecraft 1. 9. 4 and I am unable to connect to my friend's servers. They are having the same trouble as well. We have java, but it just wont connect.
I have noticed online this is happening to a lot of people. How do we fix this?

michaelc107
July 21st, 2014

It's great complex building sand box, but beware, the multiplayer feature with strangers. And rage ing, plus if little very addicting, and is not good. Burns the eyes out of the skull..

tablef
January 30th, 2011

Minecraft.net is the website for the "Minecraft" video game. Minecraft is based in the UK and has been under development since early 2009. It has a FREE version that is somewhat outdated. And they are selling the beta version at a discount that will enable you to upgrade to the full release for free once it is complete.

A description of the game is at http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Minecraft_Wiki I don't really understand the game but my kids love it. It apparently has a very large following. After playing it for free for several months my kids decided they wanted the paid version. I purchased "Gift Codes" from the minecraft.net website and it went through flawlessly. They accept Paypal and Visa/Mastercard.

georgesr5
January 1st, 2020

I bought this game for my son and it was missing single player/multiplayer features. I contacted support which is a hastle and they have never responded.

jackd154
December 22nd, 2017

Cant get it to even download. It stops download and requires restart of app to start all over. And when it does download its at approx couple bytes / sec. I have no firewall up, and i turned off my torrents, tried on other pc's as well and using cell phone internet so its their end. Thank you for stealing $27 minecraft.net

It does slow down your PC. It is quite bad and I highly suggest not to download it ever.

By Maxim P.