Optically.co.nz

Optically.co.nz

Optically.co.nz has a consumer rating of 4.22 stars from 50 reviews indicating that most customers are generally satisfied with their purchases. Consumers satisfied with Optically.co.nz most frequently mention great service and prescription sunglasses. Optically.co.nz ranks 13th among Eyeglasses sites.

• Very impressed with my cheap prescription glasses and sunglasses...
  • Great service and a very friendly and efficient staff.

• Ordered prescription sunglasses which weren't right when they arrived -
How would you rate Optically.co.nz?

“Re glazed Glasses”

Wayne C.
8/29/20

I am more than happy with my re glazed glasses. The service was over and above what I expected. I am an older person and am not comfortable ordering on line. Nothing was to much trouble, Joy helped me thru ordering over the phone Due to Covid they took a bit longer to arrive but that was expected. In the near future my wife wants new glasses and we will certainly use this company again. Regards Wayne Chamberlain

“DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY”

Alison T.
11/24/19

I've now been waiting 6 weeks for my order. Communication is poor. Avoid this company like the plague, I wish I'd looked up reviews before using this site.

prescription sunglasses (5) prescription glasses (4) great service (5)
amandar381
March 28th, 2019

Ordered prescription sunglasses which weren't right when they arrived - wrong colour lenses and the frames were slightly different to the photos shown online. Staff worked hard to put it right, and sent me a replacement pair which were perfect. A long and slightly painful process, but got there in the end and I love my new sunglasses! At least $200 less than what it would have cost from my usual optometrist too!

karenr481
February 5th, 2019

Ordered over the Christmas period. Emailed with no response, rang a few times, eventually got to speak to someone who assured me that they were on there way. Two weeks later still no sign, emailed again - no response. Rang and eventually spoke to same guy (Frances) and assured me on their way. Two weeks later still no glasses. Having read all the reviews about being rougue company I rang again spoke to same guy and he said they were on their way. Eventually had an email to say on their way. I managed to track them and they arrived a few days later. Had to take them to 3 opticians to sort them out. They all said frames were good quality and lenses were excellent, but they couldnt make the progressive lenses fit (this may have been down to my measuring). Would buy again but not progressive.

waynec314
August 29th, 2020

I am more than happy with my re glazed glasses.
Nothing was to much trouble, Joy helped me thru ordering over the phone
Due to Covid they took a bit longer to arrive but that was expected.
Regards Wayne Chamberlain

alisont73
November 24th, 2019

rachelm376
September 18th, 2019

This is the first time I used this company, I thought the glasses were better quality than I've previously purchased. They also came in two weeks. I ordered reactor light glasses and have been disappointed by how they only slightly darkened in bright sunlight. But again, this was my first experience with changing lenses, maybe I was too optimistic.

peterw396
October 3rd, 2019

Do not trust this company for special offers. They use bait and switch, change their website to conceal 48 hour dispatch guarantee after order then email you 4 days later to say the frames arrived damaged (hello, I ordered 3 pairs and got the same email for all orders) and you will have to choose something else. Despite claiming to be an NZ business I got a call from the UK after making noise. Money was taken from my account straightaway but they say it takes up to 5 days for a refund. Totally untrustworthy

charlotteb61
May 17th, 2017

I got a great pair of glasses from optically, they were only $30 inc postage and came within two weeks. I used to online trying on tool where you use a photo of your face, which gave me a good idea of what they would look like on. When the first arrived intiogunt they were about large but I soon got used to them, and now I love them! I have also received so many compliments, no one can believe how cheap they were. Would definitely ship again

petem49
April 30th, 2017

Getting used to the fact that I needed glasses and then getting tested at Specsavers I became quite aware of their hard sell once the test was over.
Thanks to my wife, we found you guys online and any apprehension I had disappeared as soon as I started going through and finding what was needed.
You put my mind at ease almost immediately.
Thanks you so very much. I will be back!

sarahl278
March 15th, 2018

I had no issue with the glasses or prescription, but the aftercare I received from optically.co.nz was appalling. If you have an issue, they are extremely slow with communication and are not happy to rectify the issue. There are much better websites out there, I'd avoid these guys!

denisew78
April 30th, 2017

I purchased prescription sunglasses a month ago, was delighted with the product so have now purchased prescription reading glasses with Norfolk frames. Fantastic price and super fast delivery, just 6 days. I'm very happy with them and they look just like they did when I uploaded a photo and "tried them on".
Was great being able to track online how my order was going too.

jenr48
October 11th, 2017

I ordered glasses with my new prescription 4 weeks before my holiday because I needed them to be able to see on my holiday however they did not arrive before my holiday and kept saying 'they will arrive soon'. They day before my holiday when they still hadn't arrived I had to go to an emergency optometrist to get a set, this ended up costing me a lot more than even normal glasses. When I emailed Optically after I got back off holiday they did not reply.

Since writing this review, I received a reply from Optically offering a partial refund of $13.60.

peterb280
March 9th, 2018

I ordered some glasses from Optically, its been over a month and they still haven't arrived, don't buy from them unless you want to be disappointed.

justa34
October 29th, 2017

The best I can say is that they're an ok option in NZ's limited online affordable glasses market, with decent selection / variety but leaving quite a bit to be desired in execution:
1. Half the glasses on the site have no 'try on' feature, and the 'upload photo' feature is glitchy.
2. Of the 2 pairs I ordered neither looked like their photo (one was deep dark blue rather than bright light blue, the other was matte bronze/gold rather than shiny bright gold). This is a big issue especially as they don't cover shipping for returns.
3. Phone support / customer service is frustratingly unreliable, there isn't even a proper voicemail (ridiculous for a business), and half the time no one picks up (there is no 'call waiting'). When answered, they're certainly polite and try to be helpful, but then no promised follow-up.

The quality of the frames and lenses themselves is decent, but not memorable / exceptional or anything to make me want to roll the dice with them again.

I bought my last pair through Zenni and was very satisfied, tried Optically to avoid the additional time and hassle of international shipping/returns (though shipping still took 2-3 weeks so in hindsight I would've just done Zenni again).

jimp142
September 1st, 2017

Great product and a great price, only gripe I had was the frames don't sit on my nose perfectly - a little high. Other than that very happy.

kates121
October 21st, 2017

Do not buy from Optically unless you are 100% sure you will be happy with the glasses you are buying as it is not worth going through the return process. I had to quote their own terms and conditions (that any customer will receive a full refund if they are not happy for any reason with the glasses) to the support team, send countless emails and half a dozen phone calls just to get my money back. They really tried hard not to give me a refund (they said I wasn't entitled to a refund but would "make an exception" and give me a 50%refund) and the customer support was so dodgy - I talked to six different people who seemed confused as to who the manager was... I still don't know who runs this outfit but they are all seriously confused and don't even know what their own terms and conditions are, they just ignore your emails.
The glasses I received were actually fine, I really liked them but they just didn't fit. So if you are 100% sure on your glasses then go for it - but otherwise don't risk it because you might not get your money back!

kerinao
January 10th, 2018

It's great that now when you go in for an eye check up, if you need glasses they give you the script. This means you aren't limited to just their store.

Optically.co.nz is great. They have designer eye wear(like my Marc Jaccobs) and with the ability to upload a photo you can get a rough idea of what style and size looks good on your face.

They have good search criteria so you can only look at the designs that will suit and prompt delivery.

Would definitely recommend and use again.

paulinel15
April 9th, 2017

Very impressed with my cheap prescription glasses and sunglasses... no way could I afford to buy 2 pairs of glasses thru my normal retailer as I need progressive lenses... thank you for offering an alternative

alans245
April 27th, 2018

I have a very high correction prescription so was somewhat sceptical that glasses bought remotely would be up to the level of ones I normally pay about eight times the amount for. However I am delighted with my new glasses from Optically. They are fine for both distance and closer work. I would recommend Optically to anyone.

clairem70
May 22nd, 2017

My glasses came within one week, they are really light and comfortable to wear, plus the style of them is unique so I've been getting lots of compliments! The lenses are good quality too. I like the filters and size guides on the website as it made it easier to find the style I was looking for.

roberth404
September 3rd, 2017

I tested 4 frames originally, which was nice, the box coming quite quickly, within 2 days if I remember correctly. Returning the packaging with the chosen carrier was weird as the website, local number and 0800 number didn't contact anyone. I had to email support to arrange the pickup. Still, wasn't a huge hassle.

My first order took maybe nearly two weeks. However when it arrived the prescription felt off. Now, technically the prescription process online was correct and legit. It turns out, the prescription I got from SpecSavers didn't have a PD value which was what was causing my prescription to feel weird. Once I had this measured I told Optically and they generously collected my glasses back and dropped the correct prescription in as a top priority. Now the specs are great.

So essentially, this process is smooth and clean assuming you get all of the relevant data and Optically gets it within their system. I do not recall having the option to put that in their online form though. Maybe someone can correct me.

Long story, short. It was a longer process that I would have originally imagined but my experience may be a bit of a one off. Would still recommend them as they were exceptionally accommodating through the progress.

peterl322
August 14th, 2018

Ordered new lenses (transition) for my Tom Ford frame. The initial confirmation said 10-12 days however, it took longer but it was well communicated... the glasses arrived today and I am very happy with the result! Thank you so much and I certainly will use your service again - highly recommend 5 Star from me!

laiem
April 13th, 2017

I find the website really good. I like how it has the frame details as well. I would buy again from their website.

as5878
October 20th, 2017

This is my second order and I am presently surprised, my first order took 3 weeks which I did not like, But the quality of the glasses were fantastic.

So, I choose to order again, I noticed that they have now started 24 hour dispatch of orders. I wanted to try, I am glad I did, the glasses we shipped out same day and they reached by post in 3 days. Now that is how one should buy glasses form now on.

The price and quality was never a problem for me, but the express delivery is customer care at a totally different level.

Tip for consumers:
The glasses are shipped from their Sydney labs same day.

karolyns2
May 4th, 2017

Received new glasses very promptly. As this was the first time I have purchased glasses on line was pleasantly surprised.

duncang15
September 4th, 2017

Delivery was very quick, but even though frames were advertised as available they were unable to supply the frames I wanted. The replacement frames are not as good as expected but lenses are good. Service and dispatch was great.

We do cater to Multifocal glasses, you need to tell us the PD. Also in case, the glasses do not suit you we offer a 90 Day No Question Money back guarantee.

By Andrew J.,

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the Optically.co.nz staff and other customers.

Buy prescription glasses and sunglasses online from Optically.co.nz. Wide range of stylish and designer eyewear online at affordable prices.

andrewj84
Andrew J.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Optically.co.nz?

See reviews as you browse with our Chrome extension

4.2
Have a question about Optically.co.nz?