Optically.co.nz

Optically.co.nz

optically.co.nz

Optically.co.nz has a consumer rating of 4.2 stars from 49 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally satisfied with their purchases. Optically.co.nz also ranks 8th among Eyeglasses sites.

• I had never bought prescription glasses online, so was cautious especially given the price was so good.
  • Great service and a very friendly and efficient staff.

No critical highlights yet

How would you rate Optically.co.nz?

“Great Glasses - Fantastic Price”

Denise W.
4/30/17

I purchased prescription sunglasses a month ago, was delighted with the product so have now purchased prescription reading glasses with Norfolk frames. Fantastic price and super fast delivery, just 6 days. I'm very happy with them and they look just like they did when I uploaded a photo and "tried them on". Was great being able to track online how my order was going too.

“DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY”

Alison T.
11/24/19

I've now been waiting 6 weeks for my order. Communication is poor. Avoid this company like the plague, I wish I'd looked up reviews before using this site.

prescription sunglasses (5) prescription glasses (4) great service (5)
alisont73
November 24th, 2019
peterw396
October 3rd, 2019
Do not trust this company for special offers. They use bait and switch, change their website to conceal 48 hour dispatch guarantee after order then email you 4 days later to say the frames arrived damaged (hello, I ordered 3 pairs and got the same email for all orders) and you will have to choose something else. Despite claiming to be an NZ business I got a call from the UK after making noise. Money was taken from my account straightaway but they say it takes up to 5 days for a refund. Totally untrustworthy
amandar381
March 28th, 2019
Ordered prescription sunglasses which weren't right when they arrived - wrong colour lenses and the frames were slightly different to the photos shown online. Staff worked hard to put it right, and sent me a replacement pair which were perfect. A long and slightly painful process, but got there in the end and I love my new sunglasses! At least $200 less than what it would have cost from my usual optometrist too!
peterb280
March 9th, 2018
I ordered some glasses from Optically, its been over a month and they still haven't arrived, don't buy from them unless you want to be disappointed.
karenr481
February 5th, 2019
Ordered over the Christmas period. Emailed with no response, rang a few times, eventually got to speak to someone who assured me that they were on there way. Two weeks later still no sign, emailed again - no response. Rang and eventually spoke to same guy (Frances) and assured me on their way. Two weeks later still no glasses. Having read all the reviews about being rougue company I rang again spoke to same guy and he said they were on their way. Eventually had an email to say on their way. I managed to track them and they arrived a few days later. Had to take them to 3 opticians to sort them out. They all said frames were good quality and lenses were excellent, but they couldnt make the progressive lenses fit (this may have been down to my measuring). Would buy again but not progressive.
sarahl278
March 15th, 2018
I had no issue with the glasses or prescription, but the aftercare I received from optically.co.nz was appalling. If you have an issue, they are extremely slow with communication and are not happy to rectify the issue. There are much better websites out there, I'd avoid these guys!
jenr48
October 11th, 2017
I ordered glasses with my new prescription 4 weeks before my holiday because I needed them to be able to see on my holiday however they did not arrive before my holiday and kept saying 'they will arrive soon'. They day before my holiday when they still hadn't arrived I had to go to an emergency optometrist to get a set, this ended up costing me a lot more than even normal glasses. When I emailed Optically after I got back off holiday they did not reply.

Since writing this review, I received a reply from Optically offering a partial refund of $13.60.
rachelm376
September 18th, 2019
This is the first time I used this company, I thought the glasses were better quality than I've previously purchased. They also came in two weeks. I ordered reactor light glasses and have been disappointed by how they only slightly darkened in bright sunlight. But again, this was my first experience with changing lenses, maybe I was too optimistic.
justa34
October 29th, 2017
The best I can say is that they're an ok option in NZ's limited online affordable glasses market, with decent selection / variety but leaving quite a bit to be desired in execution:
1. Half the glasses on the site have no 'try on' feature, and the 'upload photo' feature is glitchy.
2. Of the 2 pairs I ordered neither looked like their photo (one was deep dark blue rather than bright light blue, the other was matte bronze/gold rather than shiny bright gold). This is a big issue especially as they don't cover shipping for returns.
3. Phone support / customer service is frustratingly unreliable, there isn't even a proper voicemail (ridiculous for a business), and half the time no one picks up (there is no 'call waiting'). When answered, they're certainly polite and try to be helpful, but then no promised follow-up.

The quality of the frames and lenses themselves is decent, but not memorable / exceptional or anything to make me want to roll the dice with them again.

I bought my last pair through Zenni and was very satisfied, tried Optically to avoid the additional time and hassle of international shipping/returns (though shipping still took 2-3 weeks so in hindsight I would've just done Zenni again).
kates121
October 21st, 2017
Do not buy from Optically unless you are 100% sure you will be happy with the glasses you are buying as it is not worth going through the return process.I had to quote their own terms and conditions (that any customer will receive a full refund if they are not happy for any reason with the glasses) to the support team, send countless emails and half a dozen phone calls just to get my money back. They really tried hard not to give me a refund (they said I wasn't entitled to a refund but would "make an exception" and give me a 50%refund) and the customer support was so dodgy - I talked to six different people who seemed confused as to who the manager was...I still don't know who runs this outfit but they are all seriously confused and don't even know what their own terms and conditions are, they just ignore your emails.
The glasses I received were actually fine, I really liked them but they just didn't fit. So if you are 100% sure on your glasses then go for it - but otherwise don't risk it because you might not get your money back!
denisew78
April 30th, 2017
Was great being able to track online how my order was going too.
charlotteb61
May 17th, 2017
I got a great pair of glasses from optically, they were only $30 inc postage and came within two weeks. I used to online trying on tool where you use a photo of your face, which gave me a good idea of what they would look like on. When the first arrived intiogunt they were about large but I soon got used to them, and now I love them! I have also received so many compliments, no one can believe how cheap they were. Would definitely ship again
kerinao
January 10th, 2018
It's great that now when you go in for an eye check up, if you need glasses they give you the script. This means you aren't limited to just their store.

Optically.co.nz is great. they have designer eye wear(like my Marc Jaccobs) and with the ability to upload a photo you can get a rough idea of what style and size looks good on your face.

They have good search criteria so you can only look at the designs that will suit and prompt delivery.

Would definitely recommend and use again.
alans245
April 27th, 2018
I have a very high correction prescription so was somewhat sceptical that glasses bought remotely would be up to the level of ones I normally pay about eight times the amount for. However I am delighted with my new glasses from Optically. They are fine for both distance and closer work. I would recommend Optically to anyone.
peterl322
August 14th, 2018
Ordered new lenses (transition) for my Tom Ford frame. The initial confirmation said 10-12 days however, it took longer but it was well communicated... the glasses arrived today and I am very happy with the result! Thank you so much and I certainly will use your service again - highly recommend 5 Star from me!
as5878
October 20th, 2017
This is my second order and I am presently surprised, my first order took 3 weeks which I did not like, But the quality of the glasses were fantastic.

So, I choose to order again, I noticed that they have now started 24 hour dispatch of orders. I wanted to try, I am glad I did, the glasses we shipped out same day and they reached by post in 3 days. Now that is how one should buy glasses form now on.

The price and quality was never a problem for me, but the express delivery is customer care at a totally different level.

Tip for consumers: The glasses are shipped from their Sydney labs same day.

crystalb180
August 12th, 2019
i have always had great service with optically. great prices and great quality glasses will continue purchasing from optically
petem49
April 30th, 2017
Getting used to the fact that I needed glasses and then getting tested at Specsavers I became quite aware of their hard sell once the test was over.
Thanks to my wife,we found you guys online and any apprehension I had disappeared as soon as I started going through and finding what was needed.
You put my mind at ease almost immediately.
Thanks you so very much. I will be back!!
mariap157
June 9th, 2017
I needed a new pair of aviator glasses and ordered a pair from Optically. They arrived quickly in a free case and microfibre cloth. I like the quality of these glasses. They do not feel cheap at all even though they only cost $44. I also like that they offer a 90 day unconditional return guarantee.
lisae290
March 21st, 2019
Excellent communication. Easy to negotiate website. Fast turnaround.
Extremely happy with the entire process and product.
jimp142
September 1st, 2017
Great product and a great price, only gripe I had was the frames don't sit on my nose perfectly - a little high. Other than that very happy.
srinivasr10
February 27th, 2019
I purchased my glasses from Optically, was impressed by the pricing. After recieving delivery of it I was happy and am further ordering another two of them. Also plan to order sun glasses for my wife once she gets new prescription.
paulinel15
April 9th, 2017
Very impressed with my cheap prescription glasses and sunglasses ...no way could I afford to buy 2 pairs of glasses thru my normal retailer as I need progressive lenses ...thank you for offering an alternative
leesas1
April 15th, 2017
I purchased a pair of prescription sunglasses from Optically in January 2017. I had never bought prescription glasses online, so was cautious especially given the price was so good. My glasses arrived, the prescription is perfect and the inexpensive frames are great. I wore them all summer and am very happy. I will definitely be purchasing from Optically again, and I am telling all my friends and family to do the same!
kareni15
June 16th, 2017
Can't say much more. Brilliant for people who don't live in big centres, no need to rush to pick frames on the day. Truly awesome. Thank you.

We do cater to Multifocal glasses, you need to tell us the PD. Also in case, the glasses do not suit you we offer a 90 Day No Question Money back guarantee.

By Andrew J.,

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the Optically.co.nz staff and other customers.

Buy prescription glasses and sunglasses online from Optically.co.nz. Wide range of stylish and designer eyewear online at affordable prices.

andrewj84
Andrew J.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Optically.co.nz?

Have a question about Optically.co.nz?