Review of Oneflare

Tel: +61-28-8894022
support@oneflare.com.au

cosminv
7/18/19

The good:
* You can definitely make extra income and generate leads with repeat business but it's more rare in my field and then there's the frustrating experience of quoting, see below:

The bad:
* Clients are not told that quoting costs us money, when you consider the quoting fee, travel expenses & time it is simply not worth it for smaller jobs. A lot of the time it's a stab in the dark experience where the client won't even respond after seeing the quote resulting in a financial loss.
* Having to blind compete with others on quoting makes it impossible to even get a reply from clients and unless you're quoting first you may not stand a chance.
* Clients don't always submit a review or complain that they can't find the link. Once you sent the reminder there's no option to re-send it again through the system.

I understand it's a business model but compared to say Airtasker you can't help but feel ripped off when your credits are lost when a client has simply 'seen' your quote. Yes Airtasker has it's share of issues but at least you only get charged when you actually complete a job. How about we have half of our credits returned instead in such cases and give us an incentive to quote more..

Response from Oneflare R., Oneflare Representative
Hi Cosmin,

Thanks for taking the time to write us some feedback.

I'm glad to hear that you've been having some success with Oneflare.

In regard to customers not knowing you pay a fee to quote, we completed a survey recently where the vast majority of customers reported they assumed the businesses paid to quote on their jobs. However, I will be sure to pass this on to the correct teams so we can consider increasing awareness about this with customers.

If you ever have a customer who's having issues writing a review, please let us know and we can help them get it posted. The reason we only allow one review request per job is because we don't want businesses to be seen to be harassing customers with multiple of these email requests. However, you're more than welcome to send them another request for a review via the customer's contact details we've provided you if you'd like.

The difference between Airtasker and Oneflare is that Airtasker charges commission for every job you complete whereas Oneflare charges a connection fee for each lead, this system allows us to keep this fee low and competitive whilst also providing refunds for jobs that don't go ahead and refunds for unresponsive customers if you're a Featured business. I hope your success continues and improves with Oneflare, thankyou again for all your awesome feedback.
mylesl18
7/18/19

The refund problem is a pain in the arse with multiple requests made after 6 weeks of no response from client. But. The system overall makes money. Yes it works. But you will have to make multiple requests to get things done. The staff are friendly though.

shacks
7/18/19

I used to get a fair competition with around 7-10 business for the quote. However, from last month they have introduce a subscription base system where you have to pay minimum $100 a month and gets $40 credits for that month.
Businesses who are not subscribed are just wasting their money and they are trying to push the subscription businesses and don't care for those who doesn't have the subscription.

I have noticed from a few weeks that mostly my accepted jobs are not seen by the customers at all as they can only see the subscription business on the top.

In conclusion, Oneflare is only draining your money and wasting your energy and time. So think about it before you sign up..

brenth99
7/17/19

As a business I have got consistent work from oneflare. The app is easy to use and the refund option is great when customers are unreachable

jakebm
7/17/19

Oneflare originally started great when you paying just for the lead.
At the moment it's still a good platform but there are monthly fees and credits can expire so you must watch and quote before this happens sometimes tricky but still a great platform

kathrineb4
7/17/19

Have been using Oneflare for a while now and find it to be an essential tool for our business. Helps us find new leads and has connected us with plenty of new customers

brianp428
7/15/19

The best online site for work. The others charge too much or let an unlimited amount of people quote making it impossible to win jobs.

michaelw1309
7/11/19

Oneflare has being more then great for my business. Once you work on your profile and make sure you get good reviews for your work, it becomes much easier getting leads. This is where the paid subscription comes in. With a good profile and paid subscription my profile is featured for up to 25 suburbs that I choose. This really does boost the leads you get.
Very important to understand, you have to put in work. Don't just subscribe to Oneflare and expect leads to fall on your lap. You have to work on your profile and be quick to quote and follow up when you get leads.

waqasm5
7/10/19

This is one of the best website to get services or to provide services in Australia. Must try it....

brendanw23
7/10/19

Very simple, When there ARE jobs available and if you are quick enough you have a chance but if you are a really busy person it will just not work for you. Speed and some customer service is all it takes but not everyone has the time so if you don't like gambling don't use this as if you are not engaged you will not succeed here. Great for a new business with a good idea but be willing to stick it out.

richardt392
7/10/19

Ive been using oneflare for the last 5 or so years[Houseguard Pest Management- you can check my reviews] Sometimes i have a good strike rate on quotes and other times i cant win a quote but at the end of the tally i come out in front and stick with them because it works for my bussiness

glennm291
7/10/19

I use Oneflare a significant amount, I find it works well in conjunction with the advertising that I invest in. Easy to use and convenient for my business.

andrewn130
7/9/19

Oneflare helps me win more work. There are however some things i am not happy with, inhave used oneflare for a long time, back when it was still reletively new and fresh, the prices to quote were much more fair such at between 3 and 5 dollars per quote. They all sit at at around 7 to 8 dollars per quote now, also i have caught out oneflare many times now with feedback from customers that the 3 quote system is a big lie, you are not competing against two other quotes, oneflare simply open up the floodgates for anyone and everyone to quote so they make maximum money without consideration for you, i habe had customers tell me they have had 10-15 people quote them before i get the chance to quote them, sometimes i get a new notification that a job has been requested by a customer and then it turns out this person requested the job many hours ago and the job has already been filled causing me to spend 7-8 dollars for absolutely nothing, that could have gone towards my lunch for the day. Justifying things like this as a system glitch simply does not cut it as it has been happening for a long time and continues to happen. So yes i do win some work from oneflare however it is far from being a perfect and honest system and has become a much more greedy company since it started out.

Response from Oneflare R., Oneflare Representative
Hi Andrew,

Thanks for the review Andrew and great to talk to you today.

I’m glad we got the opportunity to clarify how our quoting model works. Oneflare allows 3 business to quote on a job. The number of businesses who have quoted is displayed to inform you if you are the first, second or third business to quote and the time when the lead was posted. We do allow the job poster to request 3 more quotes, however, this is rarely the case and has only happened once in the last 12 months for your profession (the job you won).

Honesty and transparency are things we pride ourselves on at Oneflare and I'm glad I was able to demonstrate this for you. Your representation of the cost of leads for your industry and location is accurate. We use 150+ job attributes to select a fair price for each quote.

Remember to keep your app updated and to have notifications set to persistent. It’s an exciting period for your business and we look forward to continuing to work together as you grow.
alans353
7/5/19

I have been using Oneflare for several months now and the platform delivers quality information that I have not been receiving from other sources. Technically it is far ahead of those service companies operating on a call center model.
I have found that the refund policy is reasonably fair when the client makes no attempt to contact the operator. Those that complain about this policy have not experienced other organisations that simply charge the operator the lead fee irrespective of lack of contact.
I cannot comment about other segments of the business, but all i know from personal experience is that the lead fees are more than reasonable
I have also found the organisation receptive to suggestions designed to improve the service experience.
The only criticism I have of the system is that it would be good to be able to write notes about each job

Tip for consumers: Start out slowly and judge for yourself, As you become familiar with the application you will appreciate what it offers and always no system is perfect.

Response from Oneflare R., Oneflare Representative
Hi Alan,

Thanks for the great feedback, we will be sure to take all of this on board and make sure you stay tuned because we have something in the works regarding writing notes for each job coming soon.

We hope you continue to win work with Oneflare and we appreciate the time you've put into learning and using the system to your benefit.
bent130
7/4/19

The leads are not real. Just throwing away money, it's a scam. Don't know how they are getting away with it, absolute waste of money

Response from Oneflare R., Oneflare Representative
Hi Ben,

I'm sorry to hear you believe our leads aren't real. All leads on Oneflare are posted by customers via the site but I share your frustration with customers who aren't responsive.

To increase your chances of getting in touch with customers, I'd encourage you to quote on 'Verified' leads. This means the customer has gone out of their way to confirm their contact details are correct and will be more likely to respond.

Updating your profile with your trade-specific qualifications, photos of past work, insurances and inviting customers to leave a review for you after you've completed their job, will encourage customers to get in touch more often as well.

All businesses on Oneflare will receive a refund if the customer lets us know they're no longer going ahead with the job. Additionally, if you're a Premium business, you can also request refunds for unresponsive customers so you can use those credits on a different and more responsive customer.

Send us an email at support@oneflare.com if you'd like to discuss this further.
bradleyc76
7/3/19

I've been using Oneflare as a primary advertising product for the past two years and have found Oneflare to very successful.
Have just upgraded to the $1,000 per year premium package.
It certainly has been an educating learning curve and you only get out what you put in.
The bit I like the most is impressing your clients you create so much exposure and repeat business down the track, you pretty much wait for the phone to ring same time next year.
I do believe all the leads are real BUT yes there're hundreds of inconsiderate customers who you call / text / email several times over and will not ever reply back to you even if they're on fire - yes this is very disappointing but this is no point anything to do with oneflare just inconsiderate human beings wasting everyone's time with a click here click there mobile phone society.
I know Oneflare will send out between 150 to 200 parties each month to me so now I'm super duper smart and very selective to the ones I actually apply too = you don't pick the spuds and duds or anyone requesting a DJ under the age of 21.
You also make sure you get a deposit up front at least 4 weeks prior and don't start entertaining on the night till you get paid first.
I have an excellent product and if somebody doesn't want me that's their loss as I can pretty much pick up 6 to 8 weddings per month all of which go onto be extremely happy with my services.
It's the way of the future how else can you gain business - if you work hard and smart you'll never be out of work.
To all those hundreds of people who never returned my calls = get stuffed and stay off oneflare and go and watch netflix
To all those happy customers past, present and future = see you on the dance floor!!
Kindest regards
DJ COOKIE

Response from Oneflare R., Oneflare Representative
Hi DJ COOKIE,

Thankyou so much for this stellar review, we're always so delighted to see you using the platform to its full potential and winning a bunch of work.

Thanks for always being so positive with us on the phone and via email - it's always a pleasure to help you out and your enthusiasm brightens our day.

We hope your success continues on Oneflare for years to come.
markg650
7/1/19

There will be one spare website when these guys get what they deserve. Filling in extra characters now for the form as it wants 100 go here you go form.

Response from Oneflare R., Oneflare Representative
Hi Mark,

I tried giving you a call just now to discuss this issue with you but you didn't want to chat about it.

I'd like to apologise as it looks like the advisor you spoke to via our live chat misunderstood your question. I can confirm for you that you are listed on Oneflare (for free) and have been since you registered in January this year. If you search 'Web Designers in Toowoomba' and click on the Oneflare listing, you are listed on that directory page.

As you're not a Premium Listed business, aren't active on the platform and don't have a completed profile, you're not listed at the top - which is why you may not have been able to find yourself. If you scroll down, you're listed around 15th place.

Give us a call on 1300 306 727 if you'd like to chat about this.
georgem692
6/26/19

I have used Oneflare since 2014 and by far outshines all other platforms. Oneflare offers quality leads, allows a maximum of 3 quotes per job is not a spec work or competition site like many others.

Oneflare leads are regular, allowing a designer like myself opportunities - sustainably.

I have tried many - and I mean many sites, globally and locally - Oneflare is the best and I recommend it.

Give Oneflare a go and see the difference - there is no comparison.

Good work Oneflare. 5/5 stars Oneflare. Keep going Oneflare.

Response from Oneflare R., Oneflare Representative
Hi George,

Thanks so much for the awesome feedback, it's such a pleasure having a business like yourself on the platform and representing Oneflare.

We hope we continue to help you win work and grow your business for many years to come.
leem263
6/16/19

I have had dealings with the customer service and accounts personnel as a contractor. I found there Payment policy's and customer service terrible. And after paying for 3 months of visibility on there directory I did not receive one inquiry. This website is a SCAM and they have left me with a bad taste in my mouth. Hundreds of dollars flushed down the toilet.

Response from Oneflare R., Oneflare Representative
Hi Lee,

I'm sorry to hear you didn't have much success with the Premium Listing. When you first sign up we let you know that the product will renew monthly so you're aware and know you just need to call us before the renewal to cancel.

To boost the amount of calls you receive through your Premium Listing, you can improve your profile by getting more reviews, adding in past work photos, qualifications, licences and answering the FAQ's at the bottom of the page.

We'd love to help you make the most of the platform, even if you've decided not to continue with the Premium Listing. Send us an email on support@oneflare.com if you'd like some tips and tricks for using the platform to your advantage.
davew287
6/8/19

Thought I'd give something new a try but received nothing but dud leads. Gave it a break for a while then thought (stupidly) why not try again just to give them a chance. Guess what - same result - absolutely nothing. Most of the leads never even bother to interact, some don't even see the quotes but you can't get refunds on those that don't. Don't waste your money - I'm sure 90% of these are absolutely fake leads with no intention of ever booking.

Response from Oneflare R., Oneflare Representative
Hi Dave,

I'm sorry to hear you've not been having success on the Oneflare platform.

Updating your profile with your trade-specific qualifications, photos of past work, insurances and inviting customers to leave a review for you after you've completed their job, will encourage potential customers to get in touch more often as well.

All businesses on Oneflare will receive a refund if the customer lets us know they're no longer going ahead with the job. Additionally, if you're a Premium business, you can also request refunds for unresponsive customers.

Send us an email at support@oneflare.com if you'd like to discuss this further.
chrism963
5/17/19

If this is the case then how would the work the complete be??? This is just bad. If they don't understand this basic what else do they understand

Response from Oneflare R., Oneflare Representative
Hi Chris,

Apologies, I'm not quite sure what you're referring to but please get in touch with us on support@oneflare.com so we can help out with any queries or issues you may be experiencing.
beckyb139
5/7/19

Absolute rubbish service from a worker's point of view. Do not fall for this scam. Fake leads that are a waste of my time and money, plus they won't let me cancel my account until all my credits are used up. If you're looking for work, just use Airtasker. At least 95% of the jobs on there are real.

Response from Oneflare R., Oneflare Representative
Hi Becky,

Thankyou for taking the time to leave us some feedback.

I'm sorry to hear that you feel you aren't receiving genuine leads through Oneflare. Our purpose as a business is to match customers to experts across Australia, so we too share your frustration when customer aren't responsive.

To combat disingenuous leads we have designed a detailed job form that requires thought-through information from the customer. We also ask for the customers' contact details so that you may contact them directly to gain a better understanding of their needs. If a lead displays that the email or phone number has been Verified, this means the customer has gone out of their way to confirm their contact details are correct and will be more likely to respond.

If you're a Premium business, you can request refunds for unresponsive customers. All businesses will also receive a refund if the customer indicates they're no longer going ahead with their job.

You can definitely close your account if it still has credits on it, however, we would have advised you to use them up before you closed your account so that you didn't waste the credits you paid for. If you're still wanting to close your account now, please let us know at support@oneflare.com and we can get that completed for you.
mikelk7
4/19/19

If you're a business owner don't waste your time or money! I have been with them for 2 months and not one person has gotten back to me! It wouldn't surprise me at all of he's paying people to pretend they're leads!

Response from Oneflare R., Oneflare Representative
Hi Mikel,

I'm sorry to hear this has been your experience with Oneflare.

To increase your chances of getting in touch with customers, I'd encourage you to quote on 'Verified' leads. If a lead displays that the email or phone number has been Verified, this means the customer has gone out of their way to confirm their contact details are correct and will be more likely to respond.

We hope you continue to use Oneflare and have more success in the near future.
dannyj58
3/7/19

If a Quote seems to good , Then the Phone number never answers , You are calling Rajid back in India , May be good for clients , But they need to be honest with leads 1 in ten people will actually answer the phone . Called one guy for a quote from Building commission , never heard of Oneflare . They give out false Contact details

Response from Oneflare R., Oneflare Representative
Hi Danny,

Thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback here.

All of our leads are customer generated and we have a system that detects and filters out any overseas IP addresses, incorrect email addresses or possibly inappropriate job requests to protect our businesses from receiving these.

I'd encourage you to quote on 'Verified' leads to increase your chances of having the customer respond quickly and avoid customers who leave incorrect phone numbers. If a lead displays that the email or phone number has been Verified, this means the customer has gone out of their way to confirm their contact details are correct.

Please give us a call on 1300 306 727 9am-5pm AEST so we can give you some tips to win more work.
guyd51
3/3/19

APPAULING customer service!!! They deactivate my account that I was paying for without giving me any warning after a customer complained and without hearing my side of the story!!!
I received an email saying 'Please contact us regarding your account' and next thing I know I receive another email under the subject 'Re:Re Your refund request was unsuccessful' letting me know that since I didn't contact them about the complaint(what complaint???) they have deactivated my account. They did it on Friday around 4pm so by the time I realised that it was too late to speak to anyone and had to wait until Monday without being able to claim leads and get jobs.
The customer service compare to other similar apps is simply APPALLING!!! They have no common sense for anything. Also they will NOT refund you for a lead because you couldn't get a contact with the customer or the customer didn't get back to you IF when THEY call the customer the customer will answer... So basically your credit is hanging on a random luck if the customer will answer the phone or not when they try to contact them.... Ridiculous

Response from Oneflare R., Oneflare Representative
Hi Guy,

We are sorry to hear of this experience and appreciate your feedback.

The email you are referring to was a reply to an email thread that started on the 25th of February, we apologize that the title of the email was confusing.

When a customer reports a complaint against a business we take this very seriously. We asked you to get in touch with us on the 25th (with an email clearly labelled "Oneflare - Please Contact") so we could discuss this issue with you before taking further action. Due to your lack of communication on the matter, despite multiple email requests to call us, we temporarily restricted your account after 5 days.

We can see that you have now been in contact with a Support Advisor over the phone, providing your side of the story and the matter has now been resolved.

In regard to customers being unresponsive, our refund request feature provides a refund if the customer is confirmed to be unresponsive. However, if a Support Advisor does get in contact with the customer when we are conducting the follow up, we ask the customer for an update and supply it to you and/or we advise that you have attempted to contact the customer and tell them you will try again. As the customer has been confirmed responsive, your refund request will be unsuccessful and you receive an email instantly to advise you of this.

We appreciate the feedback you have provided today and will ensure it is passed through to the relevant departments.

Hi Jason, If you're referring to HiPages, we can confirm that we are a completely separate business with no affiliation. However, if you'd like to chat to us about Oneflare or clarify your question, we'd be happy to hear from you on 1300 306 727 Monday to Friday 9am-5pm AEST.

By Oneflare R., Oneflare Representative

Hi Ninette, We have a range of different plans available, to check out our pricing please give our Business Consultant team a call on 1300 441 593.

By Oneflare R., Oneflare Representative

Questions? Get answers from the Oneflare staff and other customers.

4 Photos for Oneflare