Review of Onebootstop

SITE CLOSED

3 reviews with 2 stars

skihoneyc
1/8/10

On the same day I bought a pair of UGG boots from an authorized dealer (bought at $179.95) my husband ordered online from onebootstop.com. It was such a great deal for 84.99 no shipping or Tax? Right? I asked him if he researched the company by google for comments and did not. After reviewing the comments this made us extremely worried & concerned. There was no customer service number or address to contact on the site. Another concern was they charged us approximately $11 more for Tax (we live in NH Tax free). I called my credit card co. and asked about the company & number associated with purchase. It lead me to paypal and not the company and explained my concern. They were not much help since I used a cc and not paypal to pay. I have sent emails (huntluck@hotmail.com) with no response. However, I did receive a tracking number that we followed. It was a foreign tracking (China) that did not register online until it hit the USA. We eventually received the boots cramed in a box, wrapped in UGG plastic.
I was able to compare side by side Original vs onebootstop and not just what is pictured on another website. The height is an inch lower, the color was somewhat darker and material not as flexible or soft, inner lining not as soft, the sole was maybe some mm thinner on onebootstop brand. However, the stitching, UGG tag, and both brands made in China. There was no R on sole for register trade mark on either brand.
My conclusion is these are "knock offs" or factory seconds" and cannot be sold at full retail. If you are buying for a savey teenager, they will like it until a friend compares it with their original. If you are all about name brands, "You get what you pay for". Just make sure you order the right size because there no customer service for exchange or returns. I would not order from them again because I do not care for the uneasiness of not being able to have customer service and all that is associated with my purchase.

eileenc
1/3/10

On 12/11 I ordered a pair of Classic Uggs on OneBootStop.com for $89.99. (The official Ugg site charges $190.) i received an order number when I made the purchase and everything seemed fine. On 12/12 my bank account was charged for the purchase. On 12/16 I attempted to track my order number on the OneBootStop website and it did not recognize the order number. On 12/16 I e-mailed customer service (24 hour response promised) and by 12/19 I had no response my e-mail and my order number still was not recognized in the system. There is no phone contact number provided by the company. I wrote another more threatening e-mail (for what that was worth) and by 12/22 still had no response. I called my Bank and requested forms to contest the charge to my account. Amazingly the boots arrived the Monday after Xmas! I compared them to my daughter's friends' boots and they looked/felt the same--until-- as my daughter pointed out-- the Ugg label on the heel of one boot was upside down! I am having a shoe repair shop reverse the label. End of the day I saved $100 on the boots but sweated my way thru it. It remains to be seen whether the boots will last as well as official Uggs. Obviously my main complaint with this site is their customer service-- it is non existent!

juliam1
12/16/09

I too bought a pair of classic short boots for my 15 year old daughter on the onebootstop.com website 12/9/09. I did receive an email confirmation with an order number.My payment was cleared within a day per paypal and I became concerned when I hadn't received any email of a tracking number. I tried contacting them via email with no response. Finally found this review site with similar stories to mine. I immediately made a complaint with paypal and within two days had a tracking number. Today I received the boots. They were in a plain cardboard box in which they were sent and sealed in a clear plastic bag. I am actually pretty surprised how nice they are, but after much research online today I am most certain these are fake. Ebay has great info with pictures of how to tell the fakes. The ones I received today are almost exact to what the real ones are...but there are some slight variations. The botton sole does not have the registered R by the word UGG so that is one way to tell. Just because the tag looks and says what the authentic ones do doesn't mean it's the real deal. I am dissapointed that I was scammed and have learned my lesson to really be aware of what I am purchasing in the future. If I hadn't read all the info on how to tell fake UGGs I would never have known the difference. To me they look real and I know that my daughter will still love the boots no matter what.

I was wondering has anyone every ordered and received ugg boots from onebootstop.com?

By bridgette i.
Questions? Get answers from the Onebootstop staff and other customers.

Onebootstop?